Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05 Episode 5 2018.07.15

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, attica said:

I'm frankly amazed this show has a woman showrunner. 

I was thinking that same thing this episode. It's such a male fantasy of a show. Alison's whole characters is basically about being everyone's fucked up dream girl. Helen is slightly more grounded, but then she can also be relegated to the stereotype of the nagging wife. As Luisa has been now. This show might have the biggest madonna-whore dichotomy going on I've ever seen.

• Love 18

As I’ve said before, I love reading everyone’s comments and how differently we interpret everything. 

I liked seeing Vic’s POV, I guess, but nothing surprising happened which makes me think the writers needed a few more days added to their deadline. (Oh, and Sierra? After seeing you get it on with Vic, I can understand why you’re having bad sex, lol.)

I thought Cole’s segment was beyond hokey. But maybe I’m confused or bitter because I’ve been to Morro Bay, and while I did enjoy a couple of nice fish tacos nobody invited me to a party packed with intellectual guests—not to mention the opportunity to gain relationship insight and sexual healing. I guess I didn't go to the right art gallery. I did finish the episode feeling sure that both of Cole’s parents are/were creeps.

• Love 20

It was interesting to me to see Vik's POV since he's been portrayed as a mostly perfect guy up to this point. Now we know he's just as selfish as everyone else on this show. I can't get past the fact that he has stage IV brain cancer and is still operating. I'm interested to find out what the hospital administrator kept calling him about. Are the parents suing him for emotional distress? Does the hospital know about his cancer and now not want him operating (as it should be!)? Or did he just miss rounds or a surgery or something? This may be totally nit-picky but I couldn't help but think when he pulled in with the Porsche that now he won't be able to drive the kids to school anymore, and that just totally made me sad.  I can definitely understand Helen not wanting to have a 5th child that she'll have to raise on her own/with Vik's controlling mother and especially now knowing he wasn't making any financial arrangements for her or any current or future children. Guys, i'm heartbroken over Vik being a dick. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I can't get past the fact that he has stage IV brain cancer and is still operating. I'm interested to find out what the hospital administrator kept calling him about. 

It’s pancreatic cancer, not brain cancer.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That makes two of us.  I want one.

Actually three or four of us that were momentarily duped into thinking that he was going to do it for his Dad. 

Who doesn't want a sports car?  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

especially now knowing he wasn't making any financial arrangements for her or any current or future children. Guys, i'm heartbroken over Vik being a dick. 

Did I miss something? I thought he told his parents that he was leaving them the one million dollar life insurance policy but I don’t recall him having a conversation with Helen in regards to her financial (or lack of) future. 

• Love 5

Well, finally an episode that left you breathless with emotion.  Vic’s crying and Nan’s healing.  I wasn’t going to watch, as I didn’t want to see Allison in her office doing who knows what, and Noah in the classroom trying to teach literature to kids who shit all over him.  If only every episode was as good. Now, where’s Allison, and what’s going to happen with Louisa?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I also found it eye-rolling inducing that Gabriel (Cole's dead dad) couldn't get over someone he had been with for less than three months for a over a decade of life. 

As I know from people close to me, that is actually totally plausible.  If in your marriage you are just existing, and then you find a love interest who actually makes you feel alive, you'd never get over that person once you'd returned to your marriage, even if it had been only a few weeks that you spent with them.

• Love 18

Guys, i'm heartbroken over Vik being a dick.

Have we even established that they are married? I would think it's implied that Helen's parents did what they needed to do so Vic couldn't profit from them. Maybe it's the immigrant child in me, that sees where Vic is coming from.  I still like him, I was so pissed at Helen for the shot thing. 

• Love 5

As much as I often hate the plot direction and how the characters are written, I am always captivated by the episodes.  I guess it's the acting, and wondering what's going to unfold or be revealed.

• Love 6

So was Cherry actively trying to sabotage her son's marriage with the walkabout idea? I can't remember if she approves of Luisa or not - but I certainly wouldn't put it past her.

I can't fathom that she actually thought that a walkabout would help Cole find happiness with Luisa, considering that Gabriel's walkabout introduced him to the love of his life. And then she had to threaten suicide to get him back. And his misery over not being with the woman he loved very likely was a driving factor in his suicide.

Re: whether the show is unfair to Cherry - I'm sure Gabriel was a miserable person to live with, but I don't feel that Cherry is getting a bad rap. Plenty of marriages consist of two very toxic people. And everything we know about Cherry points to her being an utterly toxic person, with regards to her children and her finances as well as her romantic life.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

As I know from people close to me, that is actually totally plausible.  If in your marriage you are just existing, and then you find a love interest who actually makes you feel alive, you'd never get over that person once you'd returned to your marriage, even if it had been only a few weeks that you spent with them.

Since they were only together a few months, it was still the honeymoon phase. They didn’t have a chance to start resenting and hating one another. 

• Love 5

So when Vik dies, Helen gets no money? I know her family has money, but damn. 

She comes from huge pots of money; his parents own a dry cleaners. I'm assuming he figured his parents need the money more than Helen does.

Did I miss something? I thought he told his parents that he was leaving them the one million dollar life insurance policy but I don’t recall him having a conversation with Helen in regards to her financial (or lack of) future. 

He didn't. Right after he told his parents about the insurance, he started to tell them that he had "low overhead" for most of his life and had decent savings. I think we inferred that he was planning to leave the savings and the insurance to his parents.

In unrelated news - Ciera/Sierra/whatever - bugs the shit out of me. She stands outside watering the plants wearing only a towel and though she can manage to get the trash cans outside she can't manage to bring them back in (or pay someone to do it for her)? Then she starts a casual conversation with a neighbor about her sex life while tooling around in his Porsche and practically ends up in his lap while he's telling her the sad story of his life?

Ugh.

• Love 12
On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, DakotaLavender said:

This episode is up already On Demand so I suppose it is OK to discuss it. 

I think this episode was the best of the series so far. The "Cole" segment is incredible. Wow! And Nan is Amy Irving! The way in which this segment unfolds is so moving. 

I love this show and this season for me is terrific and this entire episode (of first Vic and then Cole) sort of foreshadows in my opinion exactly where this season is going. 

I was really invested in both parts as well.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

So was Cherry actively trying to sabotage her son's marriage with the walkabout idea? I can't remember if she approves of Luisa or not - but I certainly wouldn't put it past her.

I can't fathom that she actually thought that a walkabout would help Cole find happiness with Luisa, considering that Gabriel's walkabout introduced him to the love of his life. And then she had to threaten suicide to get him back. And his misery over not being with the woman he loved very likely was a driving factor in his suicide.

Re: whether the show is unfair to Cherry - I'm sure Gabriel was a miserable person to live with, but I don't feel that Cherry is getting a bad rap. Plenty of marriages consist of two very toxic people. And everything we know about Cherry points to her being an utterly toxic person, with regards to her children and her finances as well as her romantic life.

Mare Winningham plays the vicious Cherry brilliantly and I think she is definitely sabotaging not helping Cole.  When she sent him on the walkabout after sneering that he couldn't love Luisa if he wouldn't give into that ludicrous ultimatum I knew she was up to no good. Can you imagine the axe she had to grind with Wild Eyed Nan?? She definitely mirrors Helen's raised by wolves style of home training.  And this character is in my book as one of the best/worst mother villains on TV since Livia Soprano.

• Love 6

Mare Winningham plays the vicious Cherry brilliantly and I think she is definitely sabotaging not helping Cole.  When she sent him on the walkabout after sneering that he couldn't love Luisa if he wouldn't give into that ludicrous ultimatum I knew she was up to no good. Can you imagine the axe she had to grind with Wild Eyed Nan?? She definitely mirrors Helen's raised by wolves style of home training.  And this character is in my book as one of the best/worst mother villains on TV since Livia Soprano.

I love Mare Winningham. 

I don't think she has much of an opinion one way or another about Luisa, or Alison, for that matter. But she is a territorial mama bear and she is against anyone making her boy unhappy (even though said boy betrayed her). She knew Cole was still in love with Alison and she sent him on his "walkabout" to figure that out. In a way, she did Luisa a favor as Luisa is better off without a husband who is in love with another woman. I'd be fine with the end game being Cole and Alison back together. I think that Alison never really stopped loving Cole either.

I didn't love this episode but I liked a few things:

1. Cole putting a rock in the pyre in honor of his hatred of Alison's affair with "Noah Fuckin' Holloway."

2. Jim Walsh as the fertility doctor. I guess he knows from twins.

3. Cole finally admitting that he still loves Alison. 

• Love 4
On 7/15/2018 at 1:15 PM, Lozu68 said:

Cole and his “walkabout?” I loved Amy Irving, and I got what we were supposed to take away from all that. Heavy heavy stuff in terms of Cole’s Father. 

Irving's face when he walked in the door the first time told the whole story. Perfect performance. I think the Lifetime movie version would have had him running back to Luisa, so I liked that he got the only way to avoid becoming his father was to make different choices. But then again we have to see if he acts on his new found clarity. That's a long drive home and Alison is effing nuts.

• Love 3

Random thoughts -

Nan obviously didn't know Gabriel very well.  It's easy to romanticize an affair of short duration.

Luisa's no stranger to firearms and may just plug the pendejo after his 6000 mile fuckabout.

Vik looks pretty good for someone with mere weeks to live, but Helen would have to be dead not to have heard him drive from next door.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Rockfish said:

(Oh, and Sierra? After seeing you get it on with Vic, I can understand why you’re having bad sex, lol.)

That was my thought too.  30 seconds from first kiss to riding the pony.  That best be some damn good D.  It's one thing when they show the guy jumping in immediately.  It's another thing for Miss Is-Sex-Better-With-Older-Men to be diving right in and grinding. 

Omar Metwally was excellent throughout his Vic POV.  I would enjoy taking that car for a spin.  Vic's parents drove me a little batty with the "You are going to live" mindset.  If only saying it made it true.  At some point they need to face that Vic is dying.  

Living in California, I hate they way we are portrayed on TV.  Where's my healing artist?  Where's my manic pixie dream girl ready to have sex with me simply because I'm spending the night?  I used to work near Morro Bay and I have friends who love there.  Never had I had an experience similar to Cole's.  

• Love 11
(edited)

Nan obviously didn't know Gabriel very well.  It's easy to romanticize an affair of short duration.

I think that we are to believe that Nan knew the "real" Gabriel and the reason he became an abusive drunk was because he was parted (through his own choices) from his one true love. Or something like that. Agreed that it's easy to romanticize and affair of short duration but I think that Nan also knew a very different Gabriel than Cherry did.

Vik looks pretty good for someone with mere weeks to live

I don't know that he's down to weeks and there were a couple of scenes where his face was drawn and he had dark circles under his eyes.

At some point they need to face that Vic is dying. 

I think they are going to wait until he's dead. And even then they may be in pretty heavy denial...

Unrelated - what I realized is that the thing I really like about this show is seeing the same series of activities from two different points of view. What I really didn't like about this episode is that Vik and Cole are about the two furthest apart characters on the show (with the possible exception of Vik and Luisa). I missed the compare and contrast.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 7

Vik and Cole are about the two furthest apart characters on the show (with the possible exception of Vik and Luisa).

Vik and Luisa are both the children of non-Anglo/European immigrants; step-parents but not parents; never previously married and now married or partnered to people who have been divorced for years but are still in love with their exes, who each had a devastating affair. With each other.  

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Unrelated - what I realized is that the thing I really like about this show is seeing the same series of activities from two different points of view. 

Yes...that is why I started watching this show.  I'm now invested in the characters, but I still like the original premise.

• Love 2

What I found really amusing about the “find my scent in nature” thing was how they were picking up stuff off the beach to sniff — wouldn’t a kot of those shells just smell nasty? What does this say about Alison and her hygiene?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

I just starting to watch the show after taking a season +  break so will have to try and make some sense out of it until I can find last couple seasons.  

Until 3 years ago I lived in the central coast and love Morro Bay. The gallery just about where that's shown is great. 

I've been lucky enough to be there when the young artist/owner  was there painting ( really modern cool stuff)' other gallery's  have the standard rolling waves post card looking stuff.   The scene of Cole and the young woman artist who tried to give Cole her wares the night before are standing in front of the best garden and home store EVER . Fun recognizing the stores. 

Because the pancreas is relatively hidden by the time of diagnosis it's often late stage and majority of this deadly cancer is inoperable.    . 

Did I miss the find my scent scene?   So Vic buys that car and drives right home to take in the garbage cans?! 

I

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Have we even established that they are married? I would think it's implied that Helen's parents did what they needed to do so Vic couldn't profit from them. Maybe it's the immigrant child in me, that sees where Vic is coming from.  I still like him, I was so pissed at Helen for the shot thing. 

11 hours ago, esco1822 said:

It was interesting to me to see Vik's POV since he's been portrayed as a mostly perfect guy up to this point. Now we know he's just as selfish as everyone else on this show. I can't get past the fact that he has stage IV brain cancer and is still operating. I'm interested to find out what the hospital administrator kept calling him about. Are the parents suing him for emotional distress? Does the hospital know about his cancer and now not want him operating (as it should be!)? Or did he just miss rounds or a surgery or something? This may be totally nit-picky but I couldn't help but think when he pulled in with the Porsche that now he won't be able to drive the kids to school anymore, and that just totally made me sad.  I can definitely understand Helen not wanting to have a 5th child that she'll have to raise on her own/with Vik's controlling mother and especially now knowing he wasn't making any financial arrangements for her or any current or future children. Guys, i'm heartbroken over Vik being a dick. 

Helen and Vik are not married, or even engaged. They are boyfriend/girlfriend. 

Vik was portrayed as an emotionally unavailable dick for almost the entire first season that he was introduced. This part of his character is really nothing new or surprising.

And they’ve said several times now he has pancreatic cancer.

• Love 3

I was confused about what Vik did with his new car when he got home.  We saw him park it on the steep street, which is where we've seen their other cars before.  So I thought that was its normal parking space.  But then we saw him pull into a driveway, at what I think was supposed to be a late hour.  My first confusion is, why would they park the car on the street in the first place instead of in the driveway, and why are they also doing both?  My second confusion is that when he pulled the car into the driveway, we saw another car already there, which I assume is Helen's.  Since she would have already seen Vik's car parked on the street, and then not seen him in the house, you'd think she would have been pretty worried, that he had maybe gone out for a walk and then something happened (like he passed out).  So she would have been texting/calling, but we didn't see anything like that.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

My second confusion is that when he pulled the car into the driveway, we saw another car already there, which I assume is Helen's.  Since she would have already seen Vik's car parked on the street, and then not seen him in the house, you'd think she would have been pretty worried, t

In Vik's POV he had just bought the car. Helen would not have known he was driving the Porsche.   My problem with this is, why would anyone park a very expensive car outside of a garage with the top down?

Edited by preeya
(edited)

The only likable person to me this season, surprisingly, is Noah - I've usually hated the character. Actually Alison is good now too.  But Noah should just give up on his whole keep-the-kids-in-his-life thing, for a while anyway. Whitney worked out ok - she was away from Helen. But as long as they are with Helen the whole thing is an annoying mess, with Helen sabotaging and Vik being passive aggressively hostile, but pretending to be a nice guy. Every other character seems either rude, overly sarcastic, overly dramatic, wimpy (Cole), manipulative ... you name it. the title should be changed to "Parade of Idiots". Even the incidental characters - the patient's mother in ep. 5 who Vik informs of possible cancer in her child ... she carried on like a psycho and is in desperate need of therapy. Vik's parents ... what a couple of goofballs, yet Vik clings ... I guess of course because they truly did help him get where he is, but still ... Cole's wife ... good G what a B. She's all of a sudden upset, among other thing, because this is Cole's life she's in and she's not in her country any more. I'd assumed she understood that already and knew what she was signing on for.

Some are comparing the walkabout to a character's actions in "Lost" but what immediately popped into my head was Yoko and John separating with John going to Calif. till he got his head straight.

Edited by riverclown
  • Love 1
(edited)

Vik's POV left me with the thought that, even if Helen was madly in love with and utterly devoted to Vik, it wouldn't mean a thing to him.  He genuinely seems to care about her kids, but it's honestly a bit frightening how he seems to have not a single care for Helen.  I had been assuming he has been angry about the fact that she isn't emotionally available to him and he knows she never will be.  

Perhaps he knows Helen will never need his money, but to be actively insisting on having a child with her while leaving everything to his parents without a thought to how that would in some way tie Helen to people who despise her and always will is cold.   Not to mention he doesn't even have a single thought or care for the child.  Cold, cold, cold 

Edited by Tikichick
  • Love 11

Vik and Luisa are both the children of non-Anglo/European immigrants; step-parents but not parents; never previously married and now married or partnered to people who have been divorced for years but are still in love with their exes, who each had a devastating affair. With each other.  

They have a lot in common but their lives don't intersect. That's what I meant about "far apart." Vik's girlfriend's ex-husband was married to Luisa's husband's former wife. I don't think they have ever met and their lives don't cross paths. There are multiple degrees of separation as there are between Vik and Cole, which is why they didn't have a mutual story to share from divergent viewpoints.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Perhaps he knows Helen will never need his money, but to be actively insisting on having a child with her while leaving everything to his parents without a thought to how that would in some way tie Helen to people who despise her and always will is cold. 

Yep...especially the part in bold, even more so than the money.  And what's odd to me, is that even though Vik recognizes the 'debt' he believes he owes his parents, he thinks that giving them a grandchild is a proper way to repay it, even though he knows first-hand how cold and unemotional they come off (I say 'come off' because I have no doubt that the characters actually have emotions, but it's how they were socialized to behave).  So why do that to the kid, or to Helen?  He also knows Helen's shortcomings, so while I can understand his knee-jerk reaction to dying and wanting a child to be his legacy, he should also be thinking about the life that the child would have.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Helen and Vik are not married, or even engaged. They are boyfriend/girlfriend. 

Vik was portrayed as an emotionally unavailable dick for almost the entire first season that he was introduced. This part of his character is really nothing new or surprising.

And they’ve said several times now he has pancreatic cancer.

Sorry but i'm not sure the type of cancer makes a difference. He has stage IV cancer, he shouldn't be operating on anyone. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Pallas said:

That's an interesting observation. The similarities between Vik and Cole's awakening via new p*ssy are there and they both needed clarity about their partners so I understand putting the POVs in one episode. But I admit as Vik's faded into black I was just relieved that they didn't go to Luisa.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

Sorry but i'm not sure the type of cancer makes a difference. He has stage IV cancer, he shouldn't be operating on anyone. 

I think brain cancer would affect his cognitive abilities much faster than pancreatic.  But I'm not a doctor; only speculating.  

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I think brain cancer would affect his cognitive abilities much faster than pancreatic.  But I'm not a doctor; only speculating.  

Physically he is unstable enough to lose consciousness, as well as suffer bursts of pain that render him unable to move for a moment, or an undetermined amount of time  Emotionally he is reeling, apparently having no idea until very recently he was terminally ill.  None of that points to traits I want in a surgeon for myself or anyone I love or care about. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, attica said:

As I understand it, It Never Rains in Southern California

(sorry. can't resist a 70s earworm.)

Had the same thought when I wrote the reply. However, we all know that ain't the truth.

7 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Physically he is unstable enough to lose consciousness, as well as suffer bursts of pain that render him unable to move for a moment, or an undetermined amount of time  Emotionally he is reeling, apparently having no idea until very recently he was terminally ill.  None of that points to traits I want in a surgeon for myself or anyone I love or care about. 

He's leaving himself wide open to a huge malpractice suit.

• Love 1

It's probably irresponsible for a doctor to operate when they have any kind of stage 4 cancer (with brain cancer being even more irresponsible than pancreatic cancer), but I don't think Vik has told his superiors that he's sick.

He seems to be using his illness as a justification for living selfishly. And I can certainly understand the impulse - but he really needs to get a hold of himself.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

In unrelated news - Ciera/Sierra/whatever - bugs the shit out of me. She stands outside watering the plants wearing only a towel and though she can manage to get the trash cans outside she can't manage to bring them back in (or pay someone to do it for her)? Then she starts a casual conversation with a neighbor about her sex life while tooling around in his Porsche and practically ends up in his lap while he's telling her the sad story of his life?

Ugh.

Ok. You bring up a vary valid plot discrepancy. If her little waif self can’t even manage to roll the EMPTY garbage cans back up to her house without coming crashing down on top of them, how the hell does she manage to get the FULL garbage cans out there in the first place? How does one person create so much garbage that she needs two of the biggest garbage cans known to mankind? I’m thinking a hippy who cleanses her crystals with moonbeams probably recycles and composts.

19 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Right. Why the fuck would Cherry say this was the best thing for our marriage that dad left for three months when he had an affair, carried it on pen pal style for 10 years, and then dad KILLED HIMSELF on the day he received the last letter from Nan...which also happened to be Cole’s 10th birthday. What the fuck, Cherry? Suddenly John Locke’s thwarted Walkabout experience doesn’t seem so bad in comparison. What I’ve learned from TV is if someone suggests a Walkabout, RUN...in the other direction!

17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Or "Find My Scent in Nature." Good lord.

14 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

What I found really amusing about the “find my scent in nature” thing was how they were picking up stuff off the beach to sniff — wouldn’t a kot of those shells just smell nasty? What does this say about Alison and her hygiene?

Nope, doesn’t smell like this seashell pulled from low-tide muck. How about this slightly muckier one? Yep, that’s it! Ew! Gross.

3 hours ago, preeya said:

In Vik's POV he had just bought the car. Helen would not have known he was driving the Porsche.   My problem with this is, why would anyone park a very expensive car outside of a garage with the top down?

I’m just going to park 13 feet away to have this affair with Sierra real quick. Now when I pull into the driveway with my mid-death sports car purchase, Helen will be none the wiser because surely she wouldn’t have noticed it’s the same damn car when she had to swerve around it and the garbage cans to pull into the driveway herself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

I mean... obviously if he’s in debilitating pain, no, he should not be working. . I just assumed that went without saying. However, they have not shown that he is suffering from those symptoms as of yet.

And I still maintain there is a difference between brain and pancreatic cancer. 

• Love 1

Love all the comments, posters!  And had a good chuckle over "fuckabout".

If Sienna (who I warmed to in this episode, as others did) has Vik's baby, she better also get the life insurance and the car.  And she'll likely be stuck with Vik's parents hanging all over her child.  Perhaps they'll even sue for custody of the child.  It's not an optimistic picture.  I don't blame Helen at all for not wanting to be the incubator and caretaker of Vik's genetic material for the next 18 years.  

For sure, Delphine added the "sleep with someone else" card to get into Cole's pants.  

Yes, it was a mistake for the show to endow Cole and Allison with money.  The class difference between them and the other characters was interesting and could have kept on being interesting.  However, white privileged people experience pain and love just like other people do, and this show is basically a soap opera, so I'm not going to hate on the characters just because they have money.

Poor Luisa.  I actually sympathize with her.  About to be divorced from the man she loves, and no green card.  Why can't Cole get her a green card before they divorce?  I thought that if a non-citizen marries a U.S. citizen and lives here, that person could get a green card eventually.  Does anyone know about this?

• Love 1
(edited)

He's leaving himself wide open to a huge malpractice suit.

It wouldn't matter to him - he will be long gone by the time it would come to pass. Though I can see him being bothered by the idea of his reputation being sullied, even after death.

I mean... obviously if he’s in debilitating pain, no, he should not be working. . I just assumed that went without saying. However, they have not shown that he is suffering from those symptoms as of yet.

They have - when he left the house and was getting in the Prius, he had a pain in his side that caused him to wince, bend over and lean against the car and gasp. There's not much I do in my daily life that can't accommodate that type of slip, but a surgeon? No way.

Yes, it was a mistake for the show to endow Cole and Allison with money.  The class difference between them and the other characters was interesting and could have kept on being interesting. 

It makes the storytelling easier - money gives the characters more freedom to relocate; take time off from "work" for a "walkabout," buy fancy cars on a whim, take low-paying peer counseling jobs because they don't need to worry about income, etc.

Why can't Cole get her a green card before they divorce?  I thought that if a non-citizen marries a U.S. citizen and lives here, that person could get a green card eventually.  Does anyone know about this?

There is lengthy discussion of this in the episode 4 thread, but no, it's not that easy since Luisa is not here legally.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

And I still maintain there is a difference between brain and pancreatic cancer. 

Wasn't he just found collapsed on the floor leading to his diagnosis?  Didn't he hunch over in pain in this episode and have to collect himself before getting into his car?  Those are potential issues in the middle of surgery.   

• Love 7