Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Week 8: Hometown Dates

• Start Topic

One thing that I noticed in all of the home town houses were the strategically placed candles in the rooms.  I think there might have even been some on the outside of some of the houses.  I'm thinking the producers were responsible for that. 

• Love 4

Stupid Tia. Becca doesn't need Tia's permission. They only had one date, right? Tia should have kept her mouth shut. If Colton was really interested in her, he would have continued dating her.

But the show producers probably prompted her to say all that.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

During this episode it really stood out to me how awkward Becca's Bachelor Handshakes are.

Kinda like, "Okay, let me get a running start."   "Oops, let's try that one again; it's not spontaneous enough."

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

One thing that I noticed in all of the home town houses were the strategically placed candles in the rooms.

I noticed a lot of new and PERFECT furnishings...everywhere.   Also, as far as Blake's parents.  I think there were two parents, each married to a non-parent...and for some reason no "step" was worth introducing.  I'm not sure they all even spoke to each other.

• Love 3

Does Garrett have some kind of brain injury that I just haven't heard about?  I haven't really heard him speak much this season, but when he was talking to his mom, all I could think was "damn, this guy sounds like he has something mentally wrong, like he's really slow".  I just don't get the attraction.  Not that Becca is exactly Mensa material, so maybe he's her ideal partner.

Bye Colton and your weird Tia/virginity drama.  I find it all kind of suspect and I just hope you're not the next Bachelor because I don't want to deal with it.

Jason...… stop with the gross hair!  You could be my top choice, except for the oil slick!

Blake.  Man, this is the person that therapy was invented for.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

During this episode it really stood out to me how awkward Becca's Bachelor Handshakes are.  It's like they take too much effort for her to easily transition to her handshakes.  There was one (Blake's maybe) where she swung her legs straight up without any bend in them.  Maybe Bachelor Handshakes are like rompers-very few people can actually make them look good...

Hah, I don't think (if there is such a thing) that she is good at the handshake but she sure goes for it with gusto! I'm just amazed nobody has toppled over and/or gotten a hernia being the recipient. In one of the hometowns she came in really high and I thought for sure they were going down. I guess you have a moment's time to square your feet and center your balance before receiving the 'handshake' so I'd guess preparedness is the answer to not toppling over and all these guys know it's coming, thankfully.

• Love 11
On 7/16/2018 at 7:25 PM, dbell1 said:

If I were Becca, I'd ask for a new group of guys. 

Kind of like dumping back your letters during a game of Scrabble.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Forgot to mention how much it bugged me that Becca said "Let's cheers to..." on her visit to Garrett.

Oddly enough, I think this was one of Lauren B's memorable qualities. She always said toast instead of cheers.

Speaking of Lauren, if Arie broke up with her again, I'd ship her with Blake. Both are attractive and display a concerning amount of emotional investment to the show's lead.

• Love 2
(edited)

If Jason would just stop slicking his hair back, he would be perfect. Someone steal his hair products! Other than that, I definitely think he is the clear winner. He isnt going overboard with the whole "I am just so wholesome and salt of the earth" routine, and he and Becca do seem to have fun together. His family seems nice and normal as well, and he generally seems like a good dude, and as well adjusted as any person who willingly goes onto a nationally televised dating show can be. 

And at least he didnt take her on a date that might as well have been called "I peaked in high school, despite several traumatic incidents."

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

The other younger generation thing that drives me nuts -- vs. As in, we're vs blue today, instead of we're playing blue today. They were vs. the Bears. 

I never noticed the cheers thing. That would grate. Arghh. 

Yes, and I've heard kids pronounce it "versing".  as in "We're versing the blue team today." ARGH, indeed. 

5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

During this episode it really stood out to me how awkward Becca's Bachelor Handshakes are.  It's like they take too much effort for her to easily transition to her handshakes.  There was one (Blake's maybe) where she swung her legs straight up without any bend in them.  Maybe Bachelor Handshakes are like rompers-very few people can actually make them look good...

It almost seemed like they were being directed off-camera, like there was someone in charge of choreographing, cueing her for the exact moment she needed to jump.  There was one, I can't recall if it was Jason or Blake, where the guy looked like he had been coached to stand a certain way, bend his knees and "catch"  her.  She jumps on these guys way too high, I'm surprised nobody get hurt, because she'd be putting all her weight on a short section of the guy's spine. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Caroline seems to work real hard at being the HBIC.  She's got to make it known that SHE'S Becca's BFF.  And the girls text her to say their stomach hurts.  Who are you Caroline?  I know you were there on Arie's season, but I don't recall a single time she was on the screen until WTA and she was getting all chest puffy to Arie about hurting her BFF that she's known for about 62 hours. Stop trying to make yourself happen.

What is 'HBIC?'

• Love 1

I looked up the school shooting Blake was involved in.  WHAT THE FUCK.  The details are super grisly.  I don't want to provide them here as to not disturb anyone.  Before that I thought maybe Blake was just opening up but WOMP WOMP.  

The situation with Tia is clearly set up. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PhysNerd said:

I think Garrett mentioned his family would only visit once a year for a week.  I don't think it's unreasonable to spend time with your in-laws for 1 week a year provided that Garrett spent time with her family if they came to visit.  I do agree that Garrett's family seemed very domineering.  I really didn't like Garrett's mother in particular.  There is something about her that I don't trust.

Another red flag.  Garrett's family live in Manteca, CA.  Lake Tahoe/Reno is a 3 and a half hour drive from Manteca.  I live 30 minutes west of Manteca, and I visit Tahoe at least 3 times a year.  It wasn't the distance that kept them from visiting once a year. I also picked up a vibe from his mom and dad.  I am in an interracial marriage ( I am black and my husband is white).  My husband  and I are liberal and my in-laws are very conservative.  They are very judgmental in regards to our relationship and how we raise our children. They visit us once a year from Virginia for a week.   I will be honest that I am on edge when they visit.

I won't get political here, but there are times in which I told my father-in-law he had to leave and go to a hotel because of his views. He would tell everyone in his family I was keeping him from his grandchildren and son and make me out to be the bad guy. They think that my husband changed because of me, even though he was more liberal than I was when we met. This is why I can't take what Garrett says about his ex at face value, because it could be a case of perception (Garrett's) vs reality.  I don't know if this is a case of the chicken or the egg scenario (Garrett's parents are judgmental because of their son's failed marriage, or his ex wife's behavior is a result of his parents who she tried to keep him from- according to Garrett).  All I know that it is in bad taste to thrash the ex when she didn't sign up for the show and can't defend herself.   At least Blake's mom was on camera and could have defended herself in regards to her cheating when Blake was in high school.  (Even in Rachel's season, Olga, Bryan's mom, was in on the joke about her "closeness" to Bryan).

I think it is ironic that Garrett "liked" a post about the Parkland school shooting survivors being child actors when Blake is, you know, a school shooting survivor.  I really like Blake and think that he is a genuine person, but with this process and timeline, I don't think he is ready to be where Becca wants him to be.  If they decide to date long term, then yes.  However, Becca is ready for a proposal.  

I like Jason the best out of the last three remaining.  Becca seemed the most at ease with his family and has great chemistry with Jason.   I love seeing his parents and brother and brother-in-law interact with each other.  They seem so open and at ease with each other. Jason brings out the best in Becca.

Colton. Sigh.  I smelled producer manipulation.  Tia didn't even do a good job reading her script.  All of this was to segue into Paradise (Tia) and maybe The Bachelor (Colton) IMO.  Could you imagine what the tag line for a virgin Bachelor would be?  

I think I am done with the season. I will watch MTA and the last hour of ATFR. 

17 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I looked up the school shooting Blake was involved in.  WHAT THE FUCK.  The details are super grisly.  I don't want to provide them here as to not disturb anyone.  Before that I thought maybe Blake was just opening up but WOMP WOMP.  

The situation with Tia is clearly set up. 

Just saw your post after I posted.  I thought the same thing.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Earlfor1 said:

All I know that it is in bad taste to thrash the ex when she didn't sign up for the show and can't defend herself. 

Yes, yes,  to your whole post. 

For me, the biggest problem with Garrett's family's complaints regarding his ex  and family visits,  whether it be once a year, alternate holidays,  or Attend Every  Football Game like  Josh's family insisted during Andi's season,  the problem hardly had time to rear it's ugly head during a two month marriage.  The first two months of any marriage should be primarily spent by the couple alone, setting up their own routine and having lots of sex  -- because we all know that penny in the jar thing about marriage.

• Love 9
(edited)

The house are all "staged" by production before the lead & the home-towner show up.  They add things like candles & pillows & remove things like photos, just to give a more neutral backdrop for the visit and get rid of clutter typical of most family homes.  It happens to everybody's house for the home town visits. 

In Jason's case however, that was a rental house,  His parents live in South Carolina and he lives in Seattle, but grew up in the Buffalo area, so they wanted that for his "story".  Thus, they rented a house for them to gather at. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 10

If a Bachelor was chosen from this season, I'd like it to be Clay or Jason (if he does his hair differently). Leo would be cool, too, but he should be on the cover of romance paperbacks.

• Love 14

What I find odd is Becca's lack of reaction to anything people say to her. When Blake told her about the school shooting, I was sitting on my couch absolutely horrified. Becca's expression made it seem like he was telling her that he just couldn’t get the grass stains out of the knees of his pants or something! She’s as bored as we are! 

• Love 13
19 hours ago, leighdear said:

Honestly, this show is never about them, it's about US.  Who we like to look at, make fun of, snark about, discuss, compare and judge.  WE are the reason we're all here!  *LOL*

I love you for this post leighdear. It's exactly why I am here, because of you guys!

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/16/2018 at 11:52 PM, Arkay said:

Is there suddenly more than one state of Colorado?  When Becca went to meet Blake in Bailey, Colorado, it was snowing pretty well, and the mountains were snow-covered. Then when she met Colton, which was also in Colorado, not only was it sunny with no snow on the ground, but they were wearing short sleeves? I understand it's a big state, and it may snow in some mountainous regions while not in others, but nowhere in Colorado would I expect it to be short sleeve weather in winter.

I think Tia is atrocious and manipulative. As always, I'm aware there is a producer-driven storyline, so objects may not be as they appear. However, to sabotage your "friend" that way is awful. The conversation was over and done with between Tia and Becca regarding Colton, and it was dismissed as more of a trivial relationship. If you liked him, Tia, you should have made your feelings known earlier. Don't wait til people become more invested in each other and then claim dibs on him.

Moot point now, unless she was really a factor in Becca's decision.

Blake's mother: I'm already a hater because of how you screwed over your family, but woman, remove that helmet and put on some hair! You're on TV!

I lived in Denver for a few years.  The saying was always, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.  In January, it could be snowing and sub zero temps one day, and sunny and short sleeves the next.. sometimes within hours of each other.  You could never really pack away summer or winter clothing.  It can also vary wildly between say Rocky Mountain National Park and the city.   

Edited by GracieK
I see some others already explained Colorado weather!  Sorry was still catching up on the thread. 
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, backformore said:

I normally delete them too, but Ashley I is hard to forget. She's that wannabe Kardashian who brings a trunk load of makeup to Paradise, the ugly crier who thinks of marriage in terms of a Disney princess meeting her prince.  She is  Jasmine, and the initial attraction to Jared was based on him looking like Aladdin, and wouldn't that make for an awesome. Disney wedding?

Oh THAT Ashley. How could I forget!

• Love 2

I'm a little late posting but my thoughts echo many that's been stated. I agree that Colton is fake, has been since day one and I have no interest in seeing him as the Bachelor. That would be such a boring and tedious season. Not sure if this Tia angle is a set up between them so both can get what they want. Why would Tia need to go to those extremes to secure a spot on BIP? She went pretty far on Arie's season, was/is well known, not like some who go out episode 3 or under and viewers are like, "who"? And we know that even they show up from time to time. Grocer Joe is a prime example this upcoming season. But unless we assume that they all have to jump through hoops to get there I don't see why it was necessary for Tia to perform her lovelorn act to get there. I do believe however that TPTB needed to stir up some drama in this otherwise dull season and Tia was more than willing to perform. I haven't liked her since Arie's season and think she's a classic example of a famewhore. So please TPTB no Colton bachelor season! I'm sick of both him and Tia but I suppose we'll have to endure both on BIP. Maybe we can hope they'll bring plenty of snarky drama.

I'm just blah on Garrett. Whether you agree with his "likes" or not it really shows his lack of intelligence IMO. If your thinking of even remotely appearing on this show in the future why would you "like" such controversial and demeaning memes? Not very smart. Take Ben H for example. He didn't try to hide he was conservative but I could never imagine him doing anything that disgusting. But one thing I find curious is why hasn't Garrett's ex come out to tell her side of this short lived marriage. I can see not wanting the publicity but the show keeps harping on it and were I in her shoes it would be hard to not defend myself. Maybe there's more truth to it than not? Makes me wonder.

Blake seems to be the most truly in love with Becca and he would probably be her best choice but she would need to get the guy some counseling before even attempting to marry him IMO.

And lastly Jason. He is my hands down favorite. If she doesn't pick him (and I don't think she will) then I think he would make a good Bachelor. He comes across level headed, smart and very appealing IMO. His hair is the least of my worries. I'm sure the show will take care of that. Jason for the next Bachelor!

• Love 11
(edited)

Did anyone else notice in the gift bags for the kids, the little girl pulled out two ceramic creme brulee/quiche dishes? And sweetly said something like, "I could really use these!" We thought maybe they were going to do some baking with them or something, but nope. The sparkly unicorn trinkets were appropriate, but the creme brulee dishes seemed like an odd choice to gift a child with. 

I don't get the appeal with Tia. My fiance said something about how much hotter she is than Becca, and I see people share that opinion online, and I'm like really? She has pretty eyes, but her facial features seem very severe to me. Also, your friend just met the family of the guy you went on a couple of dates with (and apparently didn't even hook up with), and at this point you know they're all starting to talk about engagements, etc. Really your feelings are so strong for this guy that if your friend was considering MARRYING him, you would ask her not to because you still have a little crush on him? Okaaay.

Becca said something about someone being a wonderful human being, and it sounded like she said "human bean."

at this point, I guess I like Jason the best. Garret does absolutely nothing for me visually or personality-wise, and I'm sure Blake will find his way eventually, but right now he seems like a pretty sad sack. I looked up that school shooting...I'm not sure that was really appropriate to bring up as your sob story on a show like this, but it doesn't seem like he has much of a filter for what he maybe should or shouldn't bring up.

I'm only watching bc my friends and I are in a pool playing with actual money. My fiance's sister was like, "I read the spoilers so I don't have to watch anymore." I was like OMG you're so lucky/smart.

Edited by MoonMountain
  • Love 9
On 7/17/2018 at 2:14 PM, TiredMe said:

I seriously thought I misheard that exchange. She was just like sure the kids can just hop on the tractor! Cool beaners!! Oy those two don't appear to be overly blessed in the intellect department.

Becca seems nice enough but she's a woo! girl.  Aka a "cool girl" (TM Amazing Amy - Gone Girl).  She enthusiastically agrees with whatever her partner is saying and would never lodge a concern such as "wow, I don't think I'd be ok with our kids limbs being chewed up in farm equipment" because that would seem naggy and less than easy going/low guy maintenance.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

But one thing I find curious is why hasn't Garrett's ex come out to tell her side of this short lived marriage. I can see not wanting the publicity but the show keeps harping on it and were I in her shoes it would be hard to not defend myself. Maybe there's more truth to it than not? Makes me wonder.

There's been some rumors that she cheated and is married to the guy she cheated with. If that were the case, I'd stay hidden too. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Earlfor1 said:

Another red flag.  Garrett's family live in Manteca, CA.  Lake Tahoe/Reno is a 3 and a half hour drive from Manteca.  I live 30 minutes west of Manteca, and I visit Tahoe at least 3 times a year.  It wasn't the distance that kept them from visiting once a year. I also picked up a vibe from his mom and dad.  I am in an interracial marriage ( I am black and my husband is white).  My husband  and I are liberal and my in-laws are very conservative.  They are very judgmental in regards to our relationship and how we raise our children. They visit us once a year from Virginia for a week.   I will be honest that I am on edge when they visit.

I won't get political here, but there are times in which I told my father-in-law he had to leave and go to a hotel because of his views. He would tell everyone in his family I was keeping him from his grandchildren and son and make me out to be the bad guy. They think that my husband changed because of me, even though he was more liberal than I was when we met. This is why I can't take what Garrett says about his ex at face value, because it could be a case of perception (Garrett's) vs reality.  I don't know if this is a case of the chicken or the egg scenario (Garrett's parents are judgmental because of their son's failed marriage, or his ex wife's behavior is a result of his parents who she tried to keep him from- according to Garrett).  All I know that it is in bad taste to thrash the ex when she didn't sign up for the show and can't defend herself.   At l

I mean no disrespect, but it kind of baffles me when people can't be tolerant of each other's political views.  I'm conservative, but I would never send my liberal friends (much less family) to a hotel over a disagreement in political views.  I encourage my friends to state their views openly if they wish.  I don't surround myself with people who agree with everything I say.  I think being exposed to different views is a good thing and helps you become open minded.  

Many women feel the need to keep the in laws away from the grandchildren.  I don't agree with this unless the in laws are an actual danger to the children (drug addicts, pedophiles).  It's also completely irrational.  These same in laws raised a man that the wife wanted to marry, so they can't be all bad.  My mother despised my father after the divorce, but she was mature enough to set her feelings aside and encouraged him to spend time with me and my brother.  I would hope that Garrett's ex would be mature enough to set aside her feelings for her in laws and spend time with them once per year to make her husband happy (assuming Garrett would do the same for her).  

I don't know Garrett's ex, and I'm sure Garrett played some sort of role in the demise of his marriage.  I agree that it was inappropriate of him to throw his ex under the bus since she did not sign up for the show and doesn't have the chance to defend herself.  He should've said that he and his ex were immature and young when they married and didn't have the communication skills to make it work.  

• Love 17
On 7/17/2018 at 10:16 AM, LuvMyShows said:

My favorite of the night: when Garrett was discussing emotional things having to do with his failed marriage, Becca was of course looking away in boredom, and when she couldn't take any more of the focus not being on her, she literally interrupted him talking about how he and his ex didn't align, to ask him "Do we align?", so the focus could get back on her.

I totally noticed this too and am so glad you pointed it out! The guy is finally elaborating on the sketchiest part of his history (that she knows of) and her eyes were glazed over until she abruptly saw an opening to change the topic back to herself.

Garrett's sister reminded me of Maureen Ponderosa from Always Sunny.

So glad Colton is gone. Not so glad he seems to be in the running for Bachelor. He looks like an overgrown child. That talk with CH was hilarious. As if he's contractually obligated to lose his virginity to Becca if he makes it to the fantasy suite.

Although, I'm not any happier that Garrett and Blake are still in the running either. Becca just has terrible taste overall. Although, Jason I like. He's fun, and I'm into the Italian NY gangster vibe. I'd watch him as Bachelor, but I don't see that happening. At least Becca gets to test drive his other skills next week.

Sorry I've dropped off the boards recently. I've been reading everyone else's insights but find myself too bored with this season to even come up with anything snarky. Save us, BiP!

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Blintzie said:

What I find odd is Becca's lack of reaction to anything people say to her. When Blake told her about the school shooting, I was sitting on my couch absolutely horrified. Becca's expression made it seem like he was telling her that he just couldn’t get the grass stains out of the knees of his pants or something! She’s as bored as we are! 

I noticed that too! It was so weird! I was kind of unclear as to why Blake was taking her to his high school, especially as its sounds like mostly awful things happened to him there, but I guess he was trying to open up to her, even if it seemed like a pretty crappy date, but she was just not receptive! She just kind of nodded her head and looked kind of serious, no gasp or "oh my god!" or "holy crap I am so sorry!" the way I think most people would react. Like she didnt really seem to grasp how big of a deal that was. Really, Blake has kind of grown on me. He is seriously in need of therapy, but he really does seem to be falling hard for Becca, and if he dealt with his issues, they could be a good match. But, again, therapy. Dude has a lot of baggage he clearly hasn't dealt with. I mean, he brought a girl on a date to the high school where his parents marriage fell apart, and where a super grisly school shooting occurred! Both while he was there! If that actually what he choose, and it wasn't the producers, Blake needs to take a few personal days!

It sucks that Jason inevitably wont be chosen. I honestly am kind of surprised he made it this far, but I am glad to have him here for now. Not only does he seem like a nice, interesting, fun guy with a pretty level head, but he and Becca seem to have real chemistry. More than any of the other guys, Becca comes alive with him, and you can see more of a fun, kind of goofy side to her. With the other guys, she comes across as kind of blank, and rather bored. Like she is reading a script of what she is "supposed" to say and do in any dating situation, hence her not reaction to Blake. She seems like she is playing a part, or is just waiting for the conversation to turn back to her. But, I think he might not be quite wonder bread enough for her. Or the male version of Basic. She seems to have an idea of this small town wholesome love affair, and its let a lot of really good guys get tossed to the side because they didnt fit that picture. 

• Love 10

I guess I haven't noticed Becca being more or less attentive than your average bachelor/ette at this point in the season.

For those who are pointing out how disinterested or bored she seemed to be in the last couple of episodes, I can't help wondering if some of that is just due to downright exhaustion. After all, the bachelorette goes on all the dates (unlike the suitors) and appears to get very little down time during the filming period (which, according to Reality Steve, ran from March 15 to about May 10 in Becca's case).  I imagine the schedule takes its toll on the lead as the weeks go by.  Just a thought.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, MoonMountain said:

he sparkly unicorn trinkets were appropriate, but the creme brulee dishes seemed like an odd choice to gift a child with. 

I though they gave her a soap dish... and was perplexed because the little girl seemed totally into it upon unwrapping it like 'OMG I've wanted one of these forevvvver'. Just part of the confusion of that whole portion of the episode including their homage to Jackson Pollock.

• Love 3
(edited)

Becca cannot possibly choose wounded bird Blake. 

Why would she choose divorced and not-handsome Garrett?

That kind of leaves Jason by default, and why would he want her? Becca's very pretty,  but what else does she have going for her? 

Make Joe the Grocer the next Bachelor!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

There's been some rumors that she cheated and is married to the guy she cheated with. If that were the case, I'd stay hidden too. 

I can see this happening. And there are guys out there who would rather die or bring up other reasons than admit they were cheated on. It hurts their egos too much. Garrett seems the type.

And the way his family acted makes more sense if that were the case.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, MoonMountain said:

My fiance's sister was like, "I read the spoilers so I don't have to watch anymore."

I'm right there with your fiance's sister!  I just come here to read the snark & see if there's any particular scene worth watching.

• Love 3
On 7/16/2018 at 9:52 PM, Arkay said:

Is there suddenly more than one state of Colorado?  When Becca went to meet Blake in Bailey, Colorado, it was snowing pretty well, and the mountains were snow-covered. Then when she met Colton, which was also in Colorado, not only was it sunny with no snow on the ground, but they were wearing short sleeves? I understand it's a big state, and it may snow in some mountainous regions while not in others, but nowhere in Colorado would I expect it to be short sleeve weather in winter.

No :-)  - Its worth noting that Bailey is in the Front Range (up at 7700ft), while Parker is in the Plains, a southeast suburb of Denver, and it's down at 5500 ft.  That said, As an east coast girl transport, the weather here blows my mind.  It is so sunny and dry and high here, that even if you get 8" of snow overnight, you are lucky if there is any snow left in the evening to come home and play with.  It's nothing like the snow in the east coast, where it snows 3", paralyzes the cities, and sticks around until it is dirty and gross. The snow just disappears thank to reduced airpressure leading to higher vaporization, dry air meaning that evaporation happens easily, and the insanely strong sun (Our average April UV index is 8!).  While the mountains do get more snow, It's entirely possible that it also snowed in Parker and then the very next day, there was no snow and it was beautiful enough to wear short sleeves. 

Ok - I looked up the weather history when they were filming, and they filmed in Bailey on 4/20, (temps in denver were High of 52 and low of 32), If they filmed in Parker on Monday, the temps were High 70, low 41) It was a couple degrees colder in Bailey.  

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, saber5055 said:

Oh, no, it was comedy gold later on Kimmel. He showed the clip of Blake talking to his mom, then mom's wild eyes. (Which no one here seemed to notice, what is wrong with us?) Then he said mom reminded him of someone ... who could that be ... and he played the clip again with Rudy Giuliani's face (and his crazy wild eyes) under mom's helmet hair. I about fell off my chair laughing.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, Arkay said:

Blake's mother: I'm already a hater because of how you screwed over your family, but woman, remove that helmet and put on some hair! You're on TV!

I actually went back to see what Blake's mom's hair looked like because I thought I might have mixed it up with Garrett's mom's hair.  Now I think I must have "helmet hair," all wrong.  I always thought it was that short, very smooth, rounded-in under the ears, sprayed into a hard plastic state  -- you know --like a helmet.  Blake's mother's hair was almost shoulder length, curly and kind of wild.  What kind of helmet is curly?

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I actually went back to see what Blake's mom's hair looked like because I thought I might have mixed it up with Garrett's mom's hair.  Now I think I must have "helmet hair," all wrong.  I always thought it was that short, very smooth, rounded-in under the ears, sprayed into a hard plastic state  -- you know --like a helmet.  Blake's mother's hair was almost shoulder length, curly and kind of wild.  What kind of helmet is curly?

That's always been my understanding of, "helmut hair". Rounded, hard and plastered to the head.

Reminds me of the movie, "Steel Magnolias" in which Julia Roberts' character Shelby is always telling her mother, played by Sally Field, that she has "helmut hair". But only after Shelby heartbreakingly dies does her mother, after asking one of her friends at the funeral for a mirror, break down crying saying, "Shelby's right, I do have helmut hair!"

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2

Why didn't Tia tell Becca she was still crushing on Colten when Becca asked her about it weeks ago on the spa date?  That was her opportunity and sorry to say Tia, you don't get to claim him at this late stage of the game!  If Colten was into her, he would have asked her out again and not signed up for the Bachelorette.  But I don't think Becca cared all that much about Colton anyway.  She thought he was hunky, but that's it.  If Becca had dumped Colton last week, it would have looked like it was because of him telling her he was a virgin.  Then she gets Tia saying she wants him back and that was as good excuse as any to cut him this week.

Why was his virginity such a topic of discussion with his family - how odd is that?  I couldn't imagine that happening and especially with production and camera crews around.  Then the convo with Chris Harrison about what really goes down in the Fantasy Suite was cringeworthy.  Chris had a look of a deer in the headlights.

Garret's talk with his mother made him seem very juvenile.  His manner of speaking was slow.  He's just creepy looking and acting.  The way he's thrown all the blame on his ex for the marriage only lasting 2 months isn't attractive either.  Any time he and Becca have a difference of opinion, it will be all Becca's fault.  When someone shows you who they are, believe them.  How he treated or talks about his ex will be how he treats and talks about you!  Run, Becca, Run!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, deSchenke said:

That was her opportunity and sorry to say Tia, you don't get to claim him at this late stage of the game!  If Colten was into her, he would have asked her out again and not signed up for the Bachelorette.  But I don't think Becca cared all that much about Colton anyway.  She thought he was hunky, but that's it.

Tia struck me as "I have to get back on TV, OMG, I know, I'll tell them I still like Colton. They'll bring me on for sure!"

Becca struck me as "Colton is hot and I want to bang him in the fantasy suite...oh, he's a virgin? Nevermind. Oh, Tia still likes him? Perfect. Now I can let him down without it being too obvious I only wanted to tap that."

Why was his virginity such a topic of discussion with his family - how odd is that?  I couldn't imagine that happening and especially with production and camera crews around.  Then the convo with Chris Harrison about what really goes down in the Fantasy Suite was cringeworthy.

I didn't get the fantasy suite discussion at all. They keep telling us that fantasy suite does not instantly mean they are screwing. It's a private place to talk without the entire Bach Nation listening in. Now, suddenly, it is Was Colton looking for permission not to have sex? WTF? Why is this any of Chris Harrison's business? Talk to Becca about what Becca expects to happen. It is actually her choice, not CH's.

For all his "my dad doesn't even know" stuff, he sure does like to tell everyone and anyone his sexual status. Let this be a lesson kids, lose your virginity early or it will become your identifier. Don't let this happen to you! lol (kidding, kids, lose your virginity whenever you want, be it early, late, never. It is yours and no one else's. It is also not the TV watching public's business, so also, keep it to yourself and your partner).

Garret's talk with his mother made him seem very juvenile.  His manner of speaking was slow.  He's just creepy looking and acting.

If you take away the questionable "likes" and the ten second marriage. Garrett, on the show, is just...creepy. I just don't get what she sees in him. There is just something off with him. I can't really put my finger on what it is. Almost like he's too "on" all the time, but his version of "on" is what a twelve year old boy would think is "on". I think he's as phoney as Colton, only he didn't have the awesome hook of being a good looking, football playing virgin.

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Well, when Kimmel's crew imposed Rudy Guiliani's face under mom's hair, it did look like a helmet. I guess I've never thought about helmet hair before and what its definition is. So I plead ignorance of what it's suppose to be!

Then the convo with Chris Harrison about what really goes down in the Fantasy Suite was cringeworthy.  Chris had a look of a deer in the headlights.

To me Chris had more of a "I'm going to burst out laughing if this camera doesn't get off of me NOW" kind of look.

12 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

(kidding, kids, lose your virginity whenever you want, be it early, late, never. It is yours and no one else's. It is also not the TV watching public's business, so also, keep it to yourself and your partner).

A big AMEN to that.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

To me Chris had more of a "I'm going to burst out laughing if this camera doesn't get off of me NOW" kind of look.

Does he have any other kind of look these days? Seriously, he must laugh his ass off all day every day while he counts the millions he is making off of these morons.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Seriously, he must laugh his ass off all day every day while he counts the millions he is making off of these morons.

That made me laugh, but also made me think about his trips to the bank. So I looked it up. Chris Harrison is reported to have a net worth of $16 million, but he is one of the lowest-paid hosts at ONLY $60,000 per episode while Jeff Probst makes $200,000 per for Survivor. I think CH is ahead though since he basically has to do nothing except travel the world on the company dime and tap on a wine glass a couple of times. Meanwhile, JP has to spent time in some hot, sweaty bug-infested place ... when he's not in his luxury hotel room. CH might have gotten paid more for having to endure the Colton FS speech though. At least if I were him, I would have had my agent negotiate that.

• Love 6

I'm curious about how many episodes of Bachelor/Bachelorette there are in a season vs Survivor.  For some reason I thought Bachelor was on way before Survivor, but Wiki tells me Survivor started in 1997 and The Bachelor in 2002.

• Love 1

Garret's talk with his mother made him seem very juvenile.  His manner of speaking was slow.  

Even while watching the show, I was trying to figure out why Garrett's talking has seemed so odd, so maybe it is the slowness.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm curious about how many episodes of Bachelor/Bachelorette there are in a season vs Survivor.  For some reason I thought Bachelor was on way before Survivor, but Wiki tells me Survivor started in 1997 and The Bachelor in 2002.

Survivor was the very first reality show, it was such an amazing ground breaker at the time. (Now you can blame it for the glut of crap reality tv we are stuck with.) I watched the first season, everyone everywhere was talking about it. But The Bachelor franchise has so many more episodes per year, Bachelor, then Bachelorette, then BIP and the B Winter Games. I could figure out how many $60,000/episode paychecks CH gets per year -- except I'm too lazy.

• Love 5

Thanks to everyone who explained Colorado weather to me. I've only been to Denver, and that was in the summer, so I've learned something. 

As to my comment about Blake's mother removing her helmet...I agree about helmet hair, because it's that packed down hair you'd get after removing a helmet. My comment was more of an implication that her hairstyle looked like she still had a helmet on....a huge encompassing thing stuck all around her head. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Survivor was the very first reality show, it was such an amazing ground breaker at the time. (Now you can blame it for the glut of crap reality tv we are stuck with.) I watched the first season, everyone everywhere was talking about it. But The Bachelor franchise has so many more episodes per year, Bachelor, then Bachelorette, then BIP and the B Winter Games. I could figure out how many $60,000/episode paychecks CH gets per year -- except I'm too lazy.

I think there are 12 episodes each of The Bachelor/Bachelorette, 8 of BIP, and 4 of Bachelor Winter Games. That would make 36 episodes this year, and $1.98M. Not a bad way to earn a living.

• Love 4