Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Week 8: Hometown Dates

• Start Topic

I just realized who Blake reminds me of....he is the spitting image of an actor named Daren Kagasoff.  This guy played "Ricky" opposite Shailene Woodley on The Secret Life of the American Teenager.  Here is a picture: Descendants+Los+Angeles+Premiere+Arrival

Anyway, Tia was such a b*tch.  I hope Becca doesn't really believe that Tia is her friend.  Tia is not trustworthy and should've pursued Colton before he signed up for this show if she were actually interested in him.  

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, adhoc said:

Chris said "Sorry, Colton, say your good-byes" and then hurried out of the room like he had to go pee and had been holding it all this time....

More like hurried out of the room before he burst out laughing.

Yeah, Tia signed her BIP contract with the devil, that's clear. What would be a hoot is if Colton is in BIP too. Now that would be worth tuning in for. Especially if Colton pays Tia no attention whatsoever. Have fun watching THAT, Becca.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I can't believe this fucking white supremacist Garrett gets to go to Thailand.

I can't believe he "likes" memes that call for the deportation of immigrant children while his parents have a farm that obviously employs immigrants. I was trying to reserve judgement about his "likes" but I really can't after this.

52 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Tia: sick to her stomach.

Tia makes me sick to my stomach. It's like she didn't get the memo that this isn't her season.

1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

I had to look up Betty Who. Why haven't I heard of her? She was good and looks very much like Pink.

I thought she looked like Katy Perry. Neither the song nor the performance was my cup of tea, but at least it wasn't the same old obscure faux-country crooner.

• Love 18

There was a lot Becca didn’t say about her reasoning for cutting Colton.  Maybe she’s concerned for his virginity going into the fantasy suite dates and if he gave it up and she didn’t pick him he’d be more devastated. She might also want to save that honor for Tia now she’s aware of her feelings though I wonder how pissed he’s going to be when he sees Tia cockblocking him. 

I really thought either Jason or Blake would be sent home so I was shocked when those were the two she picked first at the rose ceremony. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I can't imagine having to wash Jason's pillow case every morning after his greasy hair tossed around on it all night. Just a big NO to that. Leo's hair wouldn't have left any residue on the bed sheets. Jason ... that guy could slip right out of bed with all that hair grease

I. am. dying. Lolol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

I am wondering if Colton has/had someone close to him afflicted with cystic fibrosis.

I read that his young niece, Harper, has CF....that's why he set up the charity for kids with CF

Gads, watching Becca discuss her son's sex life(or lack thereof) with his Mother was embarrassing. 

• Love 8

Honestly, I know about the Garret situation, but she does seem to mesh with him the most. I was weirdly fascinated with Blake’s mom. Like how’d that happen? 

Anyone else think Colton’s Dad was kind of adorable? Just me? Ok

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

Honestly, I know about the Garret situation, but she does seem to mesh with him the most. I was weirdly fascinated with Blake’s mom. Like how’d that happen? 

Anyone else think Colton’s Dad was kind of adorable? Just me? Ok

I did! Colton’s Dad look like a big, handsome teddy bear. And yeah, I was expecting Blake’s Mom to be some sort of femme fatale. That hair! 

Didnt Garrett’s Dad post a lot of racist shit on his Facebook? Definitely mars that family to me. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, jackjill89 said:

Based on handshakes, Jason should have been leaving. 

This made me snort, then LOL. So thanks. I liked that you analyzed the handshakes. I found a website that dissected Becca's kissing style and so far it's been correct about the ones she's sent home and kept.

I'm thinking Colton is the next Bachelor so Tia was sent in with a script written by TPTB to get him sent home and thus "pure" to "find love" on his own season. And in return, Tia got a paid ticket to Paradise.

4 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Ads for GMA tomorrow with Jared and Ashley -- can we just get rid of those two already? Just yuck, and honestly, Jared is ugly. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch one minute of their epic love story. 

No kidding. I won't be watching.

• Love 6

Colton's audition for the Bachelor was one of the worst I've ever seen. Colton: you won't get to be the Bachelor until you can say "I love her" to your mom with a straight face.  I've never seen a worse performance or a bigger faker fakity fake famewhore (and that's saying a lot on this show). I'm not surprised Reality Steve has the goods on him.

Now I'm seriously hoping they have a 24/7 suicide prevention team standing nearby if Blake comes in second. Cuz it's going to be bad. One of the worst ever. Because it seems to me that Becca is giving him all the signals that he's the one.  And he already has abandonment issues. And been the subject of the town gossip. And lived through a school shooting. So getting dumped on national tv is pretty much going to push "the man that he is today" to his breaking point. 

Jason's mom sure is pretty. And I thought Garrett's family was pretty nice; except his sister's voice kind of went off the rails there into freaky high-pitched dog-wailing territory when she was talking about how she never wants to see him hurt again.  I thought Garrett had a sales job so I was surprised to see the Chris Soules redux, especially since when I think of Chris Soules I think of the first Bachelor to ever kill someone. 

• Love 23
28 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I thought Garrett had a sales job so I was surprised to see the Chris Soules redux, especially since when I think of Chris Soules I think of the first Bachelor to ever kill someone. 

I am literally still laughing. This took me completely by surprise and completely cracked me up. Best.Sentence.Evah. I'm keeping it to cheer me up and make me laugh tomorrow.

• Love 5

Is there suddenly more than one state of Colorado?  When Becca went to meet Blake in Bailey, Colorado, it was snowing pretty well, and the mountains were snow-covered. Then when she met Colton, which was also in Colorado, not only was it sunny with no snow on the ground, but they were wearing short sleeves? I understand it's a big state, and it may snow in some mountainous regions while not in others, but nowhere in Colorado would I expect it to be short sleeve weather in winter.

I think Tia is atrocious and manipulative. As always, I'm aware there is a producer-driven storyline, so objects may not be as they appear. However, to sabotage your "friend" that way is awful. The conversation was over and done with between Tia and Becca regarding Colton, and it was dismissed as more of a trivial relationship. If you liked him, Tia, you should have made your feelings known earlier. Don't wait til people become more invested in each other and then claim dibs on him.

Moot point now, unless she was really a factor in Becca's decision.

Blake's mother: I'm already a hater because of how you screwed over your family, but woman, remove that helmet and put on some hair! You're on TV!

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Blake's mother: I'm already a hater because of how you screwed over your family, but woman, remove that helmet and put on some hair! You're on TV!

Oh, no, it was comedy gold later on Kimmel. He showed the clip of Blake talking to his mom, then mom's wild eyes. (Which no one here seemed to notice, what is wrong with us?) Then he said mom reminded him of someone ... who could that be ... and he played the clip again with Rudy Giuliani's face (and his crazy wild eyes) under mom's helmet hair. I about fell off my chair laughing.

Kimmel also showed the Bachelor Hug, each and every one. We're not the only ones that notice that signature move.

• Love 13
(edited)
15 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Is Jason's brother Darren Criss? :)

Jason for Bachelor if for no other reason than I need to see his Darren Criss doppelgänger brother who was serving me Versace realness. He is so articulate and would make a great adviser for Jason throughout the season.  

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 19

This has to be a joke for some comic relief. Becca does not give Colton a rose and is left with three guys who are so not serious and I predict in a year she will be single again.

Becca seems to really not be playing with a full deck. I am not sure what it is actually but if she believes any of these three guys even want to settle down she is delusional. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Okay, so I was doing other things during Garrett's HT, except I looked up in time to see her on the John Deere tractor with Chris Soules. Then I yelled 'WTH! Your ass is hanging out!" as we got the back view of her walking into Garrett's house with ... well, her ass hanging out of those shorty mc short shorts. Way to impress the 'rents, Becca. "Here are my stripper legs."

I missed this! Is their house "down by the river"?

Right when she met Garrett with the "Bachelorette handshake"  as we call it,  I said "no, honey, not in that outfit!!"  Yeah, her butt was hanging out, but the camera didn't stay on it long.  Tip - if you absolutely must leap onto a guy  with legs wrapped around him, wear pants.  Not a romper with a 2 inch inseam. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, phlebas said:

If I were Colton, I would be livid with Tia. Even if that's not what got Becca to boot me, I'd never want to see her again.

But if I have learned anything this season, it's that I am not Colton.

I would love for Colton to show up on BiP, cock-block Tia the entire time, and generally bad mouth her to the other guys.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Really romantic Blake, take your girlfriend to where your mom and teacher were banging in the closet somewhere, and where a girl was murdered and a guy killed himself after taking a bunch of hostages. That's just so freaking romantic. But it does go with Blake acting like some ... well, not very mentally sound person.

Oh, I doubt Blake had a say in where they went.   That's all arranged by the producers.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, PhysNerd said:

I just realized who Blake reminds me of....he is the spitting image of an actor named Daren Kagasoff.  This guy played "Ricky" opposite Shailene Woodley on The Secret Life of the American Teenager.  Here is a picture: Descendants+Los+Angeles+Premiere+Arrival

YES OMG THANK YOU. I've thought this since ep. 1.

It boggles the mind that Blake, a school shooting survivor, and Garrett, a dude who believes the Stoneman Douglas kids are crisis actors, are on the same season.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Blake gets the Bachelor Handshake. Did Garrett or Jason? I missed it if so. Blake stands under cover while he makes Becca run to him, through snow and in heels. Nice job, douche.

Now it's a high school visit. Please. That's an auto NO THANKS if any guy wants to take me back to his freaking high school. Gah.

I know....that is just living in the past too much

4 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I keep expecting him to say to Becca, "I have an offer you can't refuse."

I'm seeing the Stockholm Syndrome so much this season.  One girl. lots of guys, nothing for the guys to do but wait for a date.  I mean, I know this is the premise every season, but for some reason I'm seeing it more this time around.

Rather than hearing every Bachelorette say, "Family is everything to me," I'm waiting for one bachelorette to say, "I don't really like my family.  I'm looking to make my own."

hhahahaaha...I know.  I could not be on this show for that very reason.  Wouldn't want the nation to see my whole family.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

If Blake's mom worked at the school, was part of the tour one of the classroooms where she was banging his basketball coach?  

What a warm & fuzzy memory to go along with the school shooting.  

I just don't get these dates.  I can't remember this show being so blatantly exploitative and in-your-face trashy.  

I don't understand the need to bring a date to your high school.  Everyone did high school!  Can't you come up with some other type of memorabilia?

• Love 13
(edited)

I did not like the 'all swooped over to one side' hair for the rose ceremony but other than that I thought Becca looked more attractive not having to fake having fun doing bachelor stuff (NOT to be confused with fiancee stuff of course!). I thought she was pretty and very naturally at ease with everyone she was meeting. She also didn't point and say 'Wait a minute THIS is your mom the town whore?? Seriously??' either so I think she passed with flying colors. The second hand embarrassment factor was pretty low.

Also pretty low? Tia, who knows Becca just got back from hometowns being all torn up watching 'her' Colton falling for Becca. Tia is a piece of work and I agree she is NO friend. I did keep waiting for Becca to say when she was talking to Colton: "I have good news and I have bad news. The bad news is you say you love me and you're going home. The good news is however... I think you have a real shot with Tia."

ETA: Given the extravagant travel budget this season I almost swore Becca was about to say "We're going to Disneyland!!" instead of Thailand.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 14

Blake's mom didn't do him any favors, telling Becca about the crying and panic attacks after his last break up.  Does any woman want to hear stories about how heartbroken a guy was when he got dumped by someone else?  

Something I noticed -  they did give Blake's mom the caption - Shelley - Blake's mom. 

Then Blake talks to a guy we assume is his dad.  But no caption, nothing says he IS Blake's dad (unless I missed it)  and the other people were not introduced at all.  2 other guys, one woman, but we have to make assumptions about who is who.   Was that Blake's actual father?  Maybe.  Or not.   On the other dates, the family members were introduced by name, and some had titles on the screen, but not on Blake's date.  I wonder if there is some effort to  deceive us. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Colton is well rid of Becca. She did not appreciate his honesty or his integrity. She wanted a more sexually experienced man? Well, guess what? In a while, each of the three left will be motivated by his sexual needs to find another woman. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, backformore said:

Blake's mom didn't do him any favors, telling Becca about the crying and panic attacks after his last break up.

How great for him for the next five years; people remember!  Employers, coworkers, friends, possible romances.  OY!

• Love 8
(edited)

I am not Spoilered at all. So I say: If Becca (one of those names I have a visceral dislike for,  but I digress) ultimately picks Garrett,  I'll eat my proverbial hat. ?

Did Becca give Tia a rose of thanks for offering her the excuse to dump Colton the Virgin? ?

I'm on Team Jason. But maybe our heroine is still on Team Arie. ?

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Think kissing on a giant tractor is a romantic journey? Well how about kissing on the hood of a giant Zamboni???? We’ve had many kissing on a tractor moments, but I think this is the first romantic Zamboni ride In Bachelor History, so Jason for the win! Except for he and his mom thinks he’s losing, but brother (or BIL?) Darren Criss gives some Right Reasons advice, causing Jason to Break Down His Walls, and he might be gaining on Garrett just a bit.

Oh! Harlot Mama Blake was the school secretary. Well, now it makes a bit more sense how she got involved with the coach, as a coworker not as a “student’s mom.” We get to “meet” 3 coaches!! I’m guessing it’s the last one! There was a school shooting. OMG. Blake is saying he had a great high school experience. You did not! None of this sounds like a good experience! Now we are treated to a Poor Man’s Pink. But if this really is Becca’s favorite singer, good for Blake (and the producers) for arranging it. Becca tells Blake that she “loooves” sitting with his family as the best part of an amazing day; I think he’s the favorite.

WTF, Colton and Becca throwing paint in the hospital and getting it all over the floor and walls?!? Here are a couple of fun unicorn toys that should surely make up for DESTROYING the hospital “T(w)een” Center, as it was labeled. Colton is a Yes on the proposal and a No on Fantasy Suites. But what if Becca foregoes the individual rooms with the others?!?!

Which talk was better? Tia (and the others so it’s not so obvious a set up) claiming her stake on Colton after their one date—and Becca telling the camera that Colton loves HER. Or Colton asking Harrison for a birds and the bees talk? Harrison was all 47 years of this show and no one ever asked me what to do in the fantasy suites. Becca blames Colton’s dad for sending him home. I’m shocked she didn’t mention Tia again. To be continued in Paradise, I suppose.

I cannot stand how Tia is constantly moving the hair around her face instead of just tucking it behind her ears. Ugh!! And lol to Colton asking Chris harrison "what are the expectations of the fantasy suite" I mean what kind of answer was he looking for ? how embarrassing. I wish Becca had kept Colton just to spite Tia.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'm thinking Colton is the next Bachelor so Tia was sent in with a script written by TPTB to get him sent home and thus "pure" to "find love" on his own season. And in return, Tia got a paid ticket to Paradise.

Yep.  The whole Colton thing was so convoluted that this has to be the end game.  You get the novelty angle of a "true" Bachelor virgin, not a faux virgin like Sean was.  You get the missed chances with Tia...will she show up as a contestant?  You get the suspense of what will happen when he gets to Fantasy Suite time.  And of course you get the usual "got my heart broken" thing from having made it to the final four.

Now we have to listen to Colton cry. Gah. 

No, we had to look at Colton get into the limo and pantomime like he was going to cry, but then have no tears whatsoever.  Fakey McFakerson.

1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

And lol to Colton asking Chris harrison "what are the expectations of the fantasy suite" I mean what kind of answer was he looking for ? how embarrassing. I wish Becca had kept Colton just to spite Tia.

OMG, I commented to my son (who lamely had been watching the Home Run Derby instead) that there is no reason for Colton to have said that to Chris at that time, because there is literally nothing that Chris could say or not say that would make a difference in this situation.  Colton isn't going to drop out at this point, even if Chris said "We expect that you and Becca will have sex", which of course Chris wouldn't say, because he's a company man.  And if there were anything that truly was making him uncomfortable, he would speak to a producer/handler in private as it got closer to fantasy suite time.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, backformore said:

Tia's conversation with Becca was weird.

I haven't seen the show yet, but from reading the comments here, I have a feeling the conversation was weird because Tia & Becca were just reciting the lines from their scripts.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Jason with that slicked back hair looks like a goober as we used to say. 

He looks like Milo Ventimiglia, so he is alright in my book. I love me some Jack Pearson.

• Love 16

Tia's mouth when she was listening to Becca gush on happily about her final four!! It was like she was chewing spiders! What a cow.

If Colton is the next Bachelor, I will be very very very displeased. What a crappy audition that was. I have never endured so many bizarro-world conversations about one dumb chump's virginity... with his mother... with Becca and his mother... a nervous do I have to put my weeny in the lady's front bottom on the fantasy suite date? one with a bemused Chris before the rose ceremony... Ye gods. Did he manage to mention his virginity in the tearless limo ride after?

• Love 22

Does anyone think the whole Tia thing was totally preplanned? I am sure, at this point, Becca knew at least her final 2, and Colton was not in those 2. It could have been totally manufactured drama and a lead-in to Bachelor in Paradise.

• Love 9

Random thoughts:

• While Jason's brother gave excellent advice when he told Jason that time was running out so he should tell Becca how he feels, it was hysterical that Jason used the exact same words when talking to Becca that he had just said to his brother.
  • I did not see any chemistry with Garrett, but I saw it with the other three.
  • As everyone has said already, but it needs to be said again, girlfriend should NOT have been wearing such a teensy tinsy butt-showing romper to a meet-the-fam occasion.
  • Big props and bonus points to Colton's dad for asking Becca that given that she and Colton had discussed the break-up of his big relationship, had Colton asked about her experience with Arie.  Actually, it's quite surprising that Becca hadn't blabbed on and on about it to Colton, given how she likes to talk about herself and how at the beginning of this season, we were inundated with that topic.
  • In the fake girls' gabfest, Tia raised her hand to speak...are you f*ing kidding me?  Who does that?  Then when she was talking to Becca, she said, "I do feel like I still have feelings for Colton" (emphasis is mine, not hers).  Given that this whole Tia thing seems as phony as a $3 bill, that wording pretty well sealed it for me, since she qualified it that way.
  • Nice of Becca to completely throw Colton's dad under the bus while letting Colton go, and minimize her role in her decision.
  • I didn't get a good look at where Becca was or what she was wearing when she gave her ITM saying that Blake said he loves her, and she feels the same way but hasn't told him.  That's a pretty big bombshell, yet it was not explored in any way in the episode, so it makes me wonder if it was the editing monkeys at work from something that occurs later and was inserted here.
  • How 'coincidental' that when Becca and Blake were at the school, which appeared to be deserted, they just happened to run into some of the teachers/coaches who knew him.  But I also noticed that at least with the first person they ran into, he introduced Becca by name, but didn't introduce the other guy by name.  I wonder if it was someone that Blake knew from that time, but hadn't really stayed in contact with and thus couldn't remember his name.
  • And he's where I take the express bus to hell...I did not find it cute or heartwarming AT ALL when Colton went to the hospital.  I found it exploitative and demonstrating the worst of the movie/TV craze of romanticizing illness.  Natch the kids were adorable, and able to get around just fine, and look, they received gifts and got excited!  Plus, it was simply odd that they bought all those gifts, and did all those activities, with only 2 kids.
  • My favorite of the night: when Garrett was discussing emotional things having to do with his failed marriage, Becca was of course looking away in boredom, and when she couldn't take any more of the focus not being on her, she literally interrupted him talking about how he and his ex didn't align, to ask him "Do we align?", so the focus could get back on her.
  • Love 21

Yea I notice that becca asks the questions she is forced to ask the guys , but doesn't look like she cares to listen to any of their answers . She looks very bored by their statements and turns it back to herself . 

I do find becca to be very pretty .. but I think she looks better in everyday clothes rather than being all dolled up . Glam just doesn't seem to suit her . 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

OH my goodness I am not a fan of Tia.  Or Caroline for that matter.  

Caroline seems to work real hard at being the HBIC.  She's got to make it known that SHE'S Becca's BFF.  And the girls text her to say their stomach hurts.  Who are you Caroline?  I know you were there on Arie's season, but I don't recall a single time she was on the screen until WTA and she was getting all chest puffy to Arie about hurting her BFF that she's known for about 62 hours. Stop trying to make yourself happen.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, violet and green said:

a nervous do I have to put my weeny in the lady's front bottom on the fantasy suite date?

This.  I've been giggling to myself for 15 minutes now and I can't stop it from continually happening.  Help. 

• Love 15
(edited)
10 hours ago, bequialife said:

I don't understand the need to bring a date to your high school.  Everyone did high school!  Can't you come up with some other type of memorabilia?

Because Blake (and Colton) peaked in high school? The producers probably make them draw straws. Over-romanticizing your high school years is apparently a very salt-of-the-earth thing for small town guys to do. I guess perpetually reliving your life at 16 means you're...humble or unpretentious? Who knows. After 22, it's bizarre. That said, Blake is an odd, macabre choice this time around. "And over here is where my mom went down on my coach and ruined my family. And over here is where a deranged rando raped a bunch of my classmates before killing himself. But check it out, I was captain of the football team!" 

8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm on Team Jason. But maybe our heroine is still on Team Arie. ?

Romantically Becca's over Arie, but I love how her attitude this season has evolved from "fuck Arie" to "oh fuck I am Arie." It's interesting to watch her empathize with him and realize it's hard to be genuine with one person when you have a whole group of people psychologically groomed to be infatuated with you and your validation for weeks on end.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 17

Colton's sidebar with Harrison was embarrassing. You're not signing a letter of intent, Colton. There's no contractually obligated sexual liaison in your future. This is all a pathetic setup for him to be the next Bachelor, because I can't imagine why that would have been filmed at all.

Why is Caroline getting hate? At least she actually seems to be Becca's friend For the Right Reasons. Tia is basically casting herself as co-Bachelorette this season. WTF is her damage? I defended her to no end when everyone wanted to rip her apart for bringing up Baby Bekah's age to Grampa Arie, but now I find myself feeling foolish. She's nothing but a camera hog and her "realization" about Colton is too little, too late.

Wake up, sweetie - he didn't like you that much. Becca just met his family and he told her he loved her. Pretty sure you're out of the running. She had no business bringing that up. There's no way it could do anything but confuse and upset Becca and make her feel guilty, and she doesn't deserve that. A real friend would have spelled it out up front - not waited to get a second segment on the show. And that's who Tia is. She's a cling-on who wants camera time. 

And for a different perspective, I think Becca is naturally stunning. She's like a breath of fresh air compared to those overly made-up ladies. Except Baby Bekah - she could use a little more makeup. Becca might be "boring" to some but she's just effortlessly beautiful and down to earth, IMO. She's not great for drama or antics. No wonder Tia wormed her way in. All the families seemed to love her, which speaks well of how he comes across in person. She's my favorite B-ette ever, thus far.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, violet and green said:

Tia's mouth when she was listening to Becca gush on happily about her final four!! It was like she was chewing spiders! What a cow.

If Colton is the next Bachelor, I will be very very very displeased. What a crappy audition that was. I have never endured so many bizarro-world conversations about one dumb chump's virginity... with his mother... with Becca and his mother... a nervous do I have to put my weeny in the lady's front bottom on the fantasy suite date? one with a bemused Chris before the rose ceremony... Ye gods. Did he manage to mention his virginity in the tearless limo ride after?

OMG!  Just spit my coffee! 

• Love 3