Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Week 8: Hometown Dates

• Start Topic

This season has been a real snoozefest.   I think she went into the Hometowns ready to nix Jason but the whole Colton/Tia thing threw her off her game plan.   She is slow to warm up to Jason compared to the other three which makes sense since he is a late front-runner.  I think they both like each other but know that it isn't going to the proposal.  While I want Wills for Bachelor, I did like Jason's audition tape.  His family seems normal and he actually seems like he wants to get married.  I wouldn't mind him on my screen even with his oil helmet hair.   

Blake gave me the willies this episode and I don't know why.   Something seemed off about him and I felt he was dead behind the eyes.   It bugged me that he stayed rooted under the bridge while she ran up to him in the first part of the date.   Maybe the producers told him to stay put for filming purposes but when I see someone for the first time in a while, I would run to them as well.   He also seems to be really eager to please people but then expects a 100 thank yous in returns and will pout if you don't.  He seems to be exhausting.  Wow - I don't know how much he annoyed me until I started writing.  Sorry!  

Garret... oh Garret....  as soon he told Jose to start the tractor I was like "ahh, now I see why you liked those posts" and then when his dad mocked how he said goodbye to his Granny it was just reinforced.  What toxic masculinity in that house.   When his sister started cry-talking and her voice got that super high dog-whistle pitch, my husband and I started barking at the same time.  He's my lobster.  

Colton is just boring.  I'm tired of the virgin spiel.  I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's not the next bachelor. 

• Love 22

If you caught the convo with Blake's father (it was Blake's father, wasn't it?) during the end credits, I must say it was concerning to me that Blake apparently has no practical skills--cooking, cleaning, fixing a car... Becca laughed, but I think she's tucking that bit of news away in her mind. (Although, does Blake travel for a living? If so, that could account for lack of housekeeping and cooking skills, if he's not home a lot, I guess.) 

I agree with Becca that Jason is the best kisser. Sure, I don't have any actual first-hand experience like she does.  But I've been noting the kissing technique of these guys. Just based on appearances alone, if I were going to be kissed by one of them, I'd pick Jason. I think he knows what he's doing. ?  (I also like his looks, greasy hair notwithstanding.)

• Love 22
43 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Because Blake (and Colton) peaked in high school? The producers probably make them draw straws. Over-romanticizing your high school years is apparently a very salt-of-the-earth thing for small town guys to do. I guess perpetually reliving your life at 16 means you're...humble or unpretentious? Who knows. After 22, it's bizarre. That said, Blake is an odd, macabre choice this time around. "And over here is where my mom went down on my coach and ruined my family. And over here is where a deranged rando raped a bunch of my classmates before killing himself. But check it out, I was captain of the football team!" 

Romantically Becca's over Arie, but I love how her attitude this season has evolved from "fuck Arie" to "oh fuck I am Arie." It's interesting to watch her empathize with him and realize it's hard to be genuine with one person when you have a whole group of people psychologically groomed to be infatuated with you and your validation for weeks on end.

So well said

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Tia is basically casting herself as co-Bachelorette this season. WTF is her damage?

She must be desperate to get out of Weiner but doesn't have the money to establish herself in LA yet. Gettiing passed over must have really burned, hence she's willing to be the producer's pawn.  Likewise, the producers must be trying to throw her a bone for getting skipped over as the lead.  Did you see that she was the first one shown on the BIP commercial that aired? We are stuck with her and Colton for the rest of the summer. And I have a feeling that somehow she'll show up on the Men Tell All too, and steal extra camera time that could be spent on the dudes. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, adhoc said:

I agree with Becca that Jason is the best kisser. Sure, I don't have any actual first-hand experience like she does.  But I've been noting the kissing technique of these guys. Just based on appearances alone, if I were going to be kissed by one of them, I'd pick Jason. I think he knows what he's doing. ?  (I also like his looks, greasy hair notwithstanding.)

I agree about Jason kissing.  I noticed it from the early part of the season, before we saw Becca comment on it.  Last night wasn't a great example for him, but previous kissing has been.  It's always interesting to see differences in kissing, from the same female.  My favorite example is on Younger, where there is great chemistry when she kisses Josh, but none at all when she kisses Charles, who the writers seem to be positioning as her OTL...they try to make it look passionate, but it isn't.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

Cool new show: Bachelorette Poker

The bachelorette get "dealt" 5 guys to hang out with.  After a date with each one, she can ask for up to 3 new guys from a pool of about 10 more if she doesn't like the ones she has, but then has to keep those.  Then she must choose her new husband from the 5.  Quick & brutal, all in and no folding.   

I hope you got a patent pending on that idea because it sounds like a pretty good show. Better than this one AND The Proposal put together.

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

But I also noticed that at least with the first person they ran into, he introduced Becca by name, but didn't introduce the other guy by name.  I wonder if it was someone that Blake knew from that time, but hadn't really stayed in contact with and thus couldn't remember his name.

More likely the guy was forced to be on this piece of dreck and didn't want his name broadcast across the country. This way he is still semi anonymous.

47 minutes ago, adhoc said:

I must say it was concerning to me that Blake apparently has no practical skills--cooking, cleaning, fixing a car

In the back of Becca's mind, she was thinking: "Arie knew how to fix brakes. AND the whole car." Or at least I was thinking that.

• Love 4

Becca's shorty short outfit with Garrett was confusing because I'm sure she knew beforehand that they'd be going on a farming date.  She could have easily scarred herself on that machinery.  She should have just worn jeans or at least a longer pair of shorts.  Plus, there's no way I'd wear an outfit like that to meet someone's family for the first time.  A future(?) mama-in-law does not want to see your ass.

• Love 9
(edited)

Becca looked really pretty in her rose ceremony dress. Kinda reminded me of Countess LuAnn trying on her cabaret outfits with Dorinda.

I enjoyed the scene with the girls from Arie’s season, mainly because I liked seeing their fashion choices, Sienne’s purple dress was pretty. Also, I like speculating on how they do their eyelashes, ie extensions (Tia) vs falsies (Sienne) vs just mascara (Bekah and Becca).

Poor Colton. His scene with Chris Harrison asking about the Fantasy Suites was so awkward. I hope he goes to BIP and gets a second chance with Tia.

Jason could be the next Bachelor, if he did something different with his hair.

Edited by SweetPotato
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, adhoc said:

If you caught the convo with Blake's father (it was Blake's father, wasn't it?) during the end credits, I must say it was concerning to me that Blake apparently has no practical skills--cooking, cleaning, fixing a car... Becca laughed, but I think she's tucking that bit of news away in her mind. (Although, does Blake travel for a living? If so, that could account for lack of housekeeping and cooking skills, if he's not home a lot, I guess.) 

Housekeeping & cooking skills started with my son at about 8.  Doing his own laundry, cleaning (for real!) his room & bathroom, and cooking simple meals.  Full-fledged caretaking and sufficency by the time he graduated high school.  I had very high standards for his future wife, so I refused to send out a young man into the world that couldn't take care of himself.  Helplessness isn't cute or funny in a grown man.  Parents owe their children more. 

25 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

A future(?) mama-in-law does not want to see your ass.

No, but a future father-in-law probably wouldn't complain!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

The bachelorette get "dealt" 5 guys to hang out with.  After a date with each one, she can ask for up to 3 new guys from a pool of about 10 more if she doesn't like the ones she has, but then has to keep those.  Then she must choose her new husband from the 5.  Quick & brutal, all in and no folding.   

I think some of the guys Becca sent home at the beginning should be recycled for the new Bachelorette season.  I think she had some quality guys she let get away. 

This!  She did let some good guys go. I think she is shallow and has terrible taste, but I don't really like her much at this point and the handshake move is just gross.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

My daughter and I were analyzing them. All got the handshakes. Garrett's and Blake's were the longest. Jason got one but it was fast. Colton got a real runner -- she really threw herself at him (literally). He would be the only one that could handle that much force. She would have knocked the others over -- Jason and Blake for sure. 

Based on handshakes, Jason should have been leaving. 

The whole Tia thing was weird. First of all, if Colton had been that into you, he wouldn't have gone on the Bachelorette. Secondly, if you were that hung up on him after a date or two, you're on the Bachelor timeline of love, not real life. Also, if you're really friends with Becca, you would have kept your mouth shut and let it play out. I thought what she did was a real bitch move. Guess Colton and Tia will be the BiP redemption romance.

Ads for GMA tomorrow with Jared and Ashley -- can we just get rid of those two already? Just yuck, and honestly, Jared is ugly. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch one minute of their epic love story. 

Jared and Ashley? Jared and Ashley??  Don't recall them. Thank goodness my brain deletes the season as soon as it is over. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LBS said:

She is slow to warm up to Jason compared to the other three which makes sense since he is a late front-runner. 

He's a late front runner because she didn't even  know/remember his name until half way through this season.

Just now, Gabs66 said:

Jared and Ashley? Jared and Ashley??  Don't recall them. Thank goodness my brain deletes the season as soon as it is over. 

I are obviously not a BIP watcher!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Does anyone think the whole Tia thing was totally preplanned? I am sure, at this point, Becca knew at least her final 2, and Colton was not in those 2. It could have been totally manufactured drama and a lead-in to Bachelor in Paradise.

absolutely.  If Tia had cared so much, why didn't she contact him before he declared his love for Becca? 

He was going to get dumped, they needed a "story"  to tell on Bachelor in Paradise. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gabs66 said:

Ashley I from Farmer Chris' season. Cries a lot. Went on BiP twice and cried a lot. Fell in love with ugly Jared who totally friend zoned her for 2 years. Cried a lot. Went on the Bachelor Winter Games and found someone else. Jared got mad that his little crying puppy found someone else, so he decided it was twu luv with crying Ashley once she broke up with her winter game guy. They are now all ooey gooey and really revolting. Believe they have a web series or something. They are just blech. Yuck. Don't need to see crying Ashley and Jared who is completely facially hair impaired and has the worst scruff ever. Their epic love story is being foisted on us. 

• Love 22
25 minutes ago, leighdear said:

No, but a future father-in-law probably wouldn't complain!

Probably not, but mama rules!

Seriously though, I did think that showing up in an outfit like that was a sign of disrespect to the the whole family, even if the men did like it. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

IFarming is one of the most dangerous jobs in the country and it's mainly due to moments of carelessness around that deadly machinery.  So here's Garrett, who would know better if he wasn't the dumbest doofus ever, bouncing around with Becca stretched on top of him and gushing, "If we have kids can you picture letting them ride this?" and Becca's perky, "Yes! Definitely! Woo!"  They both need to marry other people to raise the average IQ up to an acceptable parenting range.

I seriously thought I misheard that exchange. She was just like sure the kids can just hop on the tractor! Cool beaners!! Oy those two don't appear to be overly blessed in the intellect department.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Ads for GMA tomorrow with Jared and Ashley -- can we just get rid of those two already? Just yuck, and honestly, Jared is ugly. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch one minute of their epic love story. 

+1

Jason may be a good kisser, but he was a terrible skater. Hard to believe he played hockey for 12 years, must have been road hockey.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Now Tia decides she's still in love with Colton. I say screw you Tia, tough rocks. Maybe Colton doesn't give a fig about you. Now Becca doesn't want to "lose a friend" over a guy? Tia's no friend, Becca, she's a producer plant. She could have told Colton not to apply for this show, or told Becca to keep her grubs off.

But no, Tia won't even let Becca have a conversation with her girlfriends, she has to interrupt and ruin that too. What a beyotch.

Speaking of the girlfriends, I don't recognize any of them except Tia. Where are the nametags?

I thought that was odd.  They normally identify people at least 16 times, but these ladies not at all?  Hmm...

And Tia?  Sorry, you had your chance.  The decision now to eliminate Colton was not made with any input from him.  What if he no longer had any feelings for Tia?  Really awful move on both ladies' part.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, leighdear said:

I think some of the guys Becca sent home at the beginning should be recycled for the new Bachelorette season.  I think she had some quality guys she let get away. 

Sounds like 'The Proposal', kinda.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, violet and green said:

Tia's mouth when she was listening to Becca gush on happily about her final four!! It was like she was chewing spiders! What a cow.

I'd never heard that phrase but am totally going to use it now... classic.

2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Because Blake (and Colton) peaked in high school?

Yeah it's like he's stuck emotionally/developmentally in his scarred HS years with the shooting and the drama with his mom. As for Colton we already know he didn't 'peak' in HS at all. (Sorry)

And damned but I've yet to see something so awkward (and awesome) as the convo with Colton about what he'd be required to do re: his Fantasy Suite Clause. It was like old timey movies where the dad would have 'the talk' about what he should do on his wedding night.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I did not see any chemistry with Garrett, but I saw it with the other three.

I don't really watch the show (I check in and see snippets), so I don't real ALL of the comments in this forum.  Maybe this has been discussed.  I watched more of last night's show than usual.  Does anyone get a gay vibe from Garrett?   He seems so innocent and earnest, trying to force himself into a marriage.   ALSO:  "All the times" he and his not-for-long wife got together with his family when he lived in Tahoe sounded like twice.  He divorced her for not fitting in?

• Love 3

The woman who is on Ryan Seacrest's radio show with him and does pop culture news picks Jason for next Bachelor if he isn't F1. I don't care who the next Bach is since, face it, they all end up being douches anyway. They just need to be snark-tastic since posting here is what makes this show fun.

• Love 9

Jason is a nice-looking fellow, but I don't think I could stand looking at his greasy, slicked-back hair every week as the Bachelor.  Hell, I'd take Colton over him. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

when I think of Chris Soules I think of the first Bachelor to ever kill someone. 

I love how instead of "the Bachelor who killed someone" you said "the first" as though there are bound to be more lol

• Love 23
56 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I don't really watch the show (I check in and see snippets), so I don't real ALL of the comments in this forum.  Maybe this has been discussed.  I watched more of last night's show than usual.  Does anyone get a gay vibe from Garrett?   He seems so innocent and earnest, trying to force himself into a marriage.   ALSO:  "All the times" he and his not-for-long wife got together with his family when he lived in Tahoe sounded like twice.  He divorced her for not fitting in?

Yes, I think he divorced her for not fitting in with his original nuclear family. YUCK! Huge red light there, Becca. Wife probably didn't want to spend half of every week visiting the folks and seeking their approval, and I don't blame her. Newlyweds should be forming their own family apart from the original recipes. Garrett's family especially seemed really domineering and judgy.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

This tia Colton drama would make a lot more sense if they went with a story of them hanging out several times , not just once . And if he was interested in you tia , he would have asked you on another date .. not sign up for a dating show to meet someone else . 

Tia definitely does not have a future in acting, that was a grudging performance. I hope whatever they gave her to come on and do this storyline was worth it, because she comes out on the pathetic end of it. Colton says he's falling in love with Becca and Tia asks Becca not to choose him because SHE still has feelings? For someone who isn't even thinking about her? 

Did Colton borrow that rose ceremony suit, because yikes.

Lol. I was watching last night and wondering if it's now a "thing" to have your jacket sleeves stop 3/4s of the way down your arms. Given the atrocities that men's fashion has been committing in recent years (skinny pants and man capris, etc), it would not surprise me if this is the new trend. But since the rest of the  guys had full sleeves, it really stood out on him. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gabs66 said:

I normally delete them too, but Ashley I is hard to forget. She's that wannabe Kardashian who brings a trunk load of makeup to Paradise, the ugly crier who thinks of marriage in terms of a Disney princess meeting her prince.  She is  Jasmine, and the initial attraction to Jared was based on him looking like Aladdin, and wouldn't that make for an awesome. Disney wedding?

• Love 6

Is there ddenly more than one state of Colorado?  When Becca went to meet Blake in Bailey, Colorado, it was snowing pretty well, and the mountains were snow-covered. Then when she met Colton, which was also in Colorado, not only was it sunny with no snow on the ground, but they were wearing short sleeves? I

This is entirely possible.  Bailey is in the mountains west of Denver and is almost 2000 feet higher in elevation than Parker, a Denver suburb.  You can be in the mountains in a parka, drive to Denver and put on flip flops.  Our weather and temps vary wildly.  

Personally, I don’t think Tia’s comments made the difference.  Becca seemed smitten with Colton’s looks but not really with the person.  

I don’t fault the guys for the odd choices for HT visits because I truly believe they are chosen by the producers.  I doubt Garrett did much tilling the soil growing up and Blake might not have wanted to visit the scene of a terrible tragedy, much less the scene of mommy’s infidelity.  I don’t think either had a choice.  Jason’s was the best but that’s probably because I love hockey.  Colton’s just seemed odd because he seems off to me in general.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Seriously though, I did think that showing up in an outfit like that was a sign of disrespect to the the whole family, even if the men did like it. 

Not only is a romper completely inappropriate attire for meeting a boyfriend's family *or* for riding a tractor, it's also really unflattering. Becca has a great body for fashion - tall, slim, shoulders broader than hips, small breasts - and even she couldn't pull it off. I wish the romper trend would die already.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, adhoc said:

the guy at the end was a different guy than the one who SEEMED to be Blake's father during the visit.   As I said, nobody was introduced or had a caption except BLake's mom, so it was impossible to tell who the guys, and the one woman, were.   The guy who seemed to be the dad said at one point "as a father..." when talking to Blake, but not "as YOUR father,"  which added to my confusion.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

The woman who is on Ryan Seacrest's radio show with him and does pop culture news picks Jason for next Bachelor if he isn't F1. I don't care who the next Bach is since, face it, they all end up being douches anyway. They just need to be snark-tastic since posting here is what makes this show fun.

Honestly, this show is never about them, it's about US.  Who we like to look at, make fun of, snark about, discuss, compare and judge.  WE are the reason we're all here!  *LOL*

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Not only is a romper completely inappropriate attire for meeting a boyfriend's family *or* for riding a tractor, it's also really unflattering. Becca has a great body for fashion - tall, slim, shoulders broader than hips, small breasts - and even she couldn't pull it off. I wish the romper trend would die already.

Rompers are so impractical and they make everyone look short and squat (except on Wills because he's Wills).   Whenever I see girls wearing them at festivals*, I shudder at the bathroom situation since they have to practically strip naked to pee.  Like I wouldn't want to be trying to squat over a hole in a dank, hot, smelly porta-potty with almost all my lady bits hanging out.  What if you fell or didn't lock the door properly and someone yanks it open and hello world, here are your boobs.  I worry about weird things.  Anyways, back to the show, Becca needs to fire her stylist because they hate her.  I'm just surprised that the romper wasn't sequined. 

*I don't actually go to festivals because I'm old but I live by where Lollapalooza is held and Soldier Field so me and Mr. LBS will sit outside with a drink and people snark.  

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Becca has a great body for fashion - tall, slim, shoulders broader than hips, small breasts - and even she couldn't pull it off. I wish the romper trend would die already.

I agree.  She looks great in jeans because she's got long, slim legs.  But the romper?  Not so much.   

• Love 4

I watch this with Closed Captioning on Hulu.  When Tia and Becca left the room, the CC came up with, "that skirt" while looking at Kendall mouthing, "What?"  Did anyone else see that.  I rewound a couple of times, and couldn't hear "that skirt" myself.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

"All the times" he and his not-for-long wife got together with his family when he lived in Tahoe sounded like twice.  He divorced her for not fitting in?

According to Garrett, she was "crazy" and yelled all the time. More like "screamed" all the time. I guess I would too if I found out the guy I married was a practicing white supremacist. Perhaps she also didn't fit with the fam since Garrett the acorn appears to not have fallen far from the dad tree.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Forgot to mention how much it bugged me that Becca said "Let's cheers to..." on her visit to Garrett.

My adult sons and I GROAN every time someone on TV says, "Let's cheers."  I think it started with Laguna Hills (one of those L.A. teen-ish shows) and now it's ubiquitous.   Garrett did say, "I want to make a toast," and then said, "Cheers to....."

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

My adult sons and I GROAN every time someone on TV says, "Let's cheers."  I think it started with Laguna Hills (one of those L.A. teen-ish shows) and now it's ubiquitous.   Garrett did say, "I want to make a toast," and then said, "Cheers to....."

yep - also, "should we do a cheers?  let's do a cheers!"   

HATE. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, backformore said:

yep - also, "should we do a cheers?  let's do a cheers!"   

HATE. 

The other younger generation thing that drives me nuts -- vs. As in, we're vs blue today, instead of we're playing blue today. They were vs. the Bears. 

I never noticed the cheers thing. That would grate. Arghh. 

I thought the romper was cute on her -- she has great legs -- but completely inappropriate for the date. The plum color was lovely. I certainly wouldn't wear that to meet the parents. 

• Love 3

During this episode it really stood out to me how awkward Becca's Bachelor Handshakes are.  It's like they take too much effort for her to easily transition to her handshakes.  There was one (Blake's maybe) where she swung her legs straight up without any bend in them.  Maybe Bachelor Handshakes are like rompers-very few people can actually make them look good...

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Yes, I think he divorced her for not fitting in with his original nuclear family. YUCK! Huge red light there, Becca. Wife probably didn't want to spend half of every week visiting the folks and seeking their approval, and I don't blame her. Newlyweds should be forming their own family apart from the original recipes. Garrett's family especially seemed really domineering and judgy.

I think Garrett mentioned his family would only visit once a year for a week.  I don't think it's unreasonable to spend time with your in-laws for 1 week a year provided that Garrett spent time with her family if they came to visit.  I do agree that Garrett's family seemed very domineering.  I really didn't like Garrett's mother in particular.  There is something about her that I don't trust.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, backformore said:

the guy at the end was a different guy than the one who SEEMED to be Blake's father during the visit.   As I said, nobody was introduced or had a caption except BLake's mom, so it was impossible to tell who the guys, and the one woman, were.   The guy who seemed to be the dad said at one point "as a father..." when talking to Blake, but not "as YOUR father,"  which added to my confusion.  

I've decided I am now in love with Blake's "Father"  (whoever the hot guy at the end was)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, PhysNerd said:

I do agree that Garrett's family seemed very domineering.  I really didn't like Garrett's mother in particular.  There is something about her that I don't trust.

They reminded me of the Josh Murray family especially the mother (Andi’s Season). 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, adhoc said:
  • Finally, I thought Becca said that when Blake said he loved her, she "reciprocated those feelings. But he doesn't know yet." And it did not look like a voice-over to me.

9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I didn't get a good look at where Becca was or what she was wearing when she gave her ITM saying that Blake said he loves her, and she feels the same way but hasn't told him.  That's a pretty big bombshell, yet it was not explored in any way in the episode, so it makes me wonder if it was the editing monkeys at work from something that occurs later and was inserted here.

Well, luckily I have a photographic memory (sort of)! That magic moment occurred after Blake and Becca's last/second date, on the previous episode.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Jason is a nice-looking fellow, but I don't think I could stand looking at his greasy, slicked-back hair every week as the Bachelor.  Hell, I'd take Colton over him. 

If Jason's the Bach (please, yes! I think he's adorable) then they will shampoo and blow dry his hair and make it stand up in a weird poodley quiff like Nick Vile's.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Arkay said:

Is there suddenly more than one state of Colorado?  When Becca went to meet Blake in Bailey, Colorado, it was snowing pretty well, and the mountains were snow-covered. Then when she met Colton, which was also in Colorado, not only was it sunny with no snow on the ground, but they were wearing short sleeves? I understand it's a big state, and it may snow in some mountainous regions while not in others, but nowhere in Colorado would I expect it to be short sleeve weather in winter.

<snip>

Blake's mother: I'm already a hater because of how you screwed over your family, but woman, remove that helmet and put on some hair! You're on TV!

This season is a shitshow, and a boring one at that, so the only things I can care enough about to comment on are Colorado weather and Blake's mom's hair.

They are both baffling. I used to live in Denver, and not only could it be short-sleeve weather in winter (temperatures of 70+ are not terribly unusual), it could be snowing one day and short-sleeve weather the next, or later the same day. Or across town. Colorado has some weather to behold.

And speaking of things to behold, that HAIR. Sometimes I look at the things people are wearing and wonder about that moment when they stood in front of the mirror and said to themselves "yep, this is perfect", but presumably that hair was not a one-day thing and so she must look at it every day and think .... well, I can't imagine what she thinks.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Etta Place said:

presumably that hair was not a one-day thing and so she must look at it every day and think .... well, I can't imagine what she thinks.

It could be that The Bach hair/makeup team did her hair as an improvement on how she usually looks. Consider that!

• Love 4