Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Exactly. Whoopi's comment was a cheap shot that was intended to put the onus on the observer of their interactions rather than them accountable for their actual interactions and behaviour...all to defend Meghan and I guess by extension, herself as well because they are the only two that ever come across as aggressive towards the other women on the panel. I'm willing to bet that they had such negative reactions to their behaviour since Friday's episode that they saw an opportunity for a photo op to use as evidence of them getting along with one another. Maybe the backlash or commentary they expected would die down but it didn't. Monday's episode would have been the perfect time to raise that segment (even without a picture) and have the women take accountability for how they engage with one another and then re-establish the notion that despite whatever differences they have, that they respect each other and do truly get along outside of the show. It would have come off far more authentic to me then what they tried to pull today.

5 minutes ago, backformore said:

Exactly. Meghan talks over people, screeches, mocks their opinions, shouts over anything she doesn't want said, and makes it clear that only does she disagree with her co-hosts, but she has no respect for them.

But the criticism is about her being female?

This is there way of not taking responsibility for their actions.  They want us to believe they aren't the problem.  We are the problem .  They are fighting amongst themselves.  We are just totally misinterpreting things.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I think Sara knew what the producers were trying to do and did not want to be a participant in any of the fake "friendship" photo ops. Good girl!

Haha!  That brought to mind a time when a bunch of people I worked with were going out after work. I knew it was going to turn into a bitch session about how unfair certain policies were, and had no interest. So I avoided the group, and managed to be "left out" of the discussion about where to go.  

Then it was easy to say later, "oh I wish I knew, nobody told me you were going out!" I hear you, Sarah - nobody included you, lucky girl!

• Love 13
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Does Fox really single Meghan out when she says something anti-Trump?  Or is it her usual delusion that when a group with which she identifies is being criticized she takes it as a personal attack?

I don't get why the producers or ABC is pushing the idea that they are all pals.  Obviously none of them have much in common*, so it's to be expected that they aren't hanging out together.  Any notion that they do is forced and phony.  

*which is the premise of the show-- different women with different views.

I was wondering the same thing? Did they call Meghan out or is it again MM thinking it's all about her?  I assumed they did because of her statements  but yeah it totally be her huge ego. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Two things.  One is it a new trend to wear what looks like gym pants with stripes down the side with a dressy top?  Meghan today and Sara a few days ago.  IMO not a flattering look.  Two, was Meghan sitting higher than the others today?

I missed the first few minutes and didn't see the ladies walk out.  When I saw Meghan's outfit, I thought maybe she pooped her pants at the last minute and had to put on somebody's track suit pants.  What the hell was that outfit?  I didn't see Sara's a few days ago so maybe there is something to it being the next big fashion thing.  I didn't like it at all.

That picture of Joy, Sunny and Meghan sharing a drink ..... totally a set-up.  No way would Joy socialize with Meghan of her own accord.  And I believe Sunny would rather go home to her family.  

Screech, screech, screech, screech, screech, screech, screech, screech.  See how obnoxious that is?

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

I was just thinking the same thing abt Screechy McRepublican. I bet her family dinners are like musical chairs with everyone trying to get to seats farthest away from her.  

Love it!!!   :-)  

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, rcc said:

I'll miss Paula with Joy on Fridays. Also on GMA weekends but her new ABC job sounds like something she really loves and no more getting up at 4 a.m. She will be on weekday GMA. Working with Robin and the gang over there is better too.

Never found her that interesting,Ottawa good luck to her!

1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

I agree with you all, that was just a fake photo op.....poor Joy!  Her (MM) screaming today was gross, I turned it off as usual. 

Maybe she’s more personable when drunk ? 

• Love 9

That love fest today was something else. I wonder if they took their blue cards so they would know what to talk about. Tomorrow should be good. I find Judge Jeanine to be highly unlikeable on her best day. She's probably Meghans favorite judge , or at least she will be tomorrow. Lots of laughs here today. Keep em coming.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Joel McHale pissed me off with his comments about ComicCon being nerdy people wearing costumes.  ComicCon is  MAJOR media event.  Television producers, movie producers, video game producers come and hold panel discussions with all of the stars of their shows holding Q&As and showing first viewings of their shows or at least trailers of their shows. People all over the internet wait breathlessly to see the trailers online, and to watch the panel discussions.  It's a huge event.  And yeah, it would be impossible to get a hotel room in San Diego during ComicCon week.

McHale would be Tweeting, bragging, and getting the word out EVERYWHERE if he were invited to a ComiCon panel.  I was lucky enough to attend (my son was a writer for Hanna Barbera/Cartoon Network) when the event was smaller and more easily navigated.  Still, it was fabulous; and I stayed (free) at the hotel his company booked.   Mother of the groom...oops, mother of the head writer.  1998-ish.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Two things.  One is it a new trend to wear what looks like gym pants with stripes down the side with a dressy top?  Meghan today and Sara a few days ago.  IMO not a flattering look.  Two, was Meghan sitting higher than the others today?

I started seeing them on the fashion shows about a year ago. Sunny was the first one to wear them around that time. They were also pushing those ugly pants and tops that look like silk or satin pajamas. Sunny wore that look as well. I think Sunny jumps on fashion trends. The other look is what looks like a silk or satin robe worn over your clothes. I think I remember Sunny wearing that, but not sure. Stupid. Evidently, designers have run out of ideas. I hope it passes soon.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, pinkle6 said:

Way to get it wrong, ABC. McCain is the one who deserves to go. At least Paula is getting an upgrade. Hopefully whenever McCain is finally booted, she's wiped clean from ABC forever (or TV, period, considering she has no talent or education for it).

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

McHale would be Tweeting, bragging, and getting the word out EVERYWHERE if he were invited to a ComiCon panel.  I was lucky enough to attend (my son was a writer for Hanna Barbera/Cartoon Network) when the event was smaller and more easily navigated.  Still, it was fabulous; and I stayed (free) at the hotel his company booked.   Mother of the groom...oops, mother of the head writer.  1998-ish.

Too cool @Former Nun, i bet that was a blast!

Edited by Tammee
Blast? Ugh now who is dating
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, rcc said:

I'll miss Paula with Joy on Fridays. Also on GMA weekends but her new ABC job sounds like something she really loves and no more getting up at 4 a.m. She will be on weekday GMA. Working with Robin and the gang over there is better too.

No mas here lol. WOO!!!  I know, i know, how rude, but Im sorry, the woman drives me crazy.  She will still be around promoting projects and playing guest host etc etc etc.  So dont worry.  Good luck to Paula, I do wish her the best.

• Love 5
On 7/17/2018 at 3:44 PM, After7Only said:

Yes he said he regretted the shade, but then he went into saying something along the lines of, if someone had touched him inappropriately he would have said something to the person.  And he didn't understand why Terry didn't say anything to the guy at the time.  Whoopi said sometimes people are too shocked to react, and 50 continued talking about if it had been him.   He was about to dig himself back in the hole, and Joy (I think) asked a different question to change the topic.  

Joy to the rescue again.  Good thing she saw where it was headed and deftly diverted.  No one else bothered

• Love 4
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

It would last about five seconds and then Trump's base would pull out their open carry weapons and blow it out of the sky.

Murder!  Seriously, wouldnt it have the same flight protections as an hot air ( hot air hah ) balloon or a parade float?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

well you gals watch it, I simply can't....I shall be having cocktails with REAL FRIENDS. (rain or no rain)

I’m drinking cheap Pinot Grigio as we speak - or, um, write? Cheers ? 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I missed the first few minutes and didn't see the ladies walk out.  When I saw Meghan's outfit, I thought maybe she pooped her pants at the last minute and had to put on somebody's track suit pants.  What the hell was that outfit?  I didn't see Sara's a few days ago so maybe there is something to it being the next big fashion thing.  I didn't like it at all.

That picture of Joy, Sunny and Meghan sharing a drink ..... totally a set-up.  No way would Joy socialize with Meghan of her own accord.  And I believe Sunny would rather go home to her family. 

Screech, screech, screech, screech, screech, screech, screech, screech.  See how obnoxious that is?

Is just watching, and didn't want to say wtf again.

• Love 2
(edited)

my takeaway from the show was to learn that I got married that same exact day as Joel McHale did back in 1996. 

I DVR the show and watch when I come home from work.  I was just drifting off to lala land when I heard someone say "celebrating my 22 year wedding anniversary this Friday"  I thought they were talking about me, and I was like "who told them and why are they talking about me".   lmao.  they weren't.  :)  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 11
(edited)

Can't wait to see today's show, I record it and watch later.  I called my dad (age 92, republican) asked him what he was doing. He said "watching the view, my blood is boiling."

So I assume it's a good show.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 19

MM is so screechy and talky today my ears hurt.  God, that bitch is so dismissive:  of her fellow panelists, director is her ear; audience; the truth.

Jeanine P. is coming on next?  I'm off to MSNBC.  Smooth move, show, to alienate your core audience with guests you know will piss them off.

• Love 15
(edited)
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

Can't wait to see today's show, I record it and watch later.  I called my dad (age 92, republican) asked him what he was doing. He said "watching the view, my blood is boiling."

So I assume it's a good show.

It's very tense between the table and Jeanine Pirro. VERY tense. Jeanine Pirro is being her super bitchy, idiotic self.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 14

I was able to cheer myself up a bit after watching Hot Topics and turning the channel before Jeannine came on. I switched over to CBS where my favorite TPIR game since I was little was being played which is Plinko and the guy playing got $500 with his first chip, $0 with his second and $10,000 with his third. I even cheered for him and scared my cat.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

It's very tense between the table and Jeanine Pirro. VERY tense. Jeanine Pirro is being her super bitchy, idiotic self.

I didn't really know who she was because I don't watch Fox, but she is very bossy & a big, fat lying obfuscater.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

I didn't really know who she was because I don't watch Fox, but she is very bossy & a big, fat lying obfuscater.

I wish I didn't know who she was but I flick between all the news channels from time to time. She's sick in the head.

• Love 14

Jeanine Pirro is awful.  Thank you Whoopi, for showing her the door.   Funniest part was her saying "wow" as Whoopi was ripping up her blue cards and Sara was sending it to break.  With NO mention of her book or if the audience members were "lucky" enough to get a copy, LOL.

• Love 21
(edited)
1 minute ago, Jewlmc said:

Hahaha when Whoopi went IN...Sonny grabbed her drink and sipped. LOL.

Yassss! They were still going at it while Sara was announcing the book title and they cut to break.

Bravo Whoopi. Bravo!

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 17