Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Holy crap.  How many palms did Meggie grease in hair and makeup?  She looks beautiful.  Whatever the cost, it was worth the money, Megs.  Keep it up.  It's bad enough that I have to listen to your hateful, screechy voice; when you look hideous on top of that, I can't handle it. 

• Love 2

Hey, did you know MM knows soooo much about Russia and geopolitics because of her father?  Yup, she just told us.  Because we had no idea whatsoever who her father is.  And she prefaced that statement by saying she 'hate(s) to make everything personal'.   Well, Miss McCain, if you paid a fraction of the attention you claim to what your father says, and if you'd think - really think - about what he endured for this country, you wouldn't be such a prissy entitled ass.  And this is coming from a dyed in the wool Democrat, but I will never ever discount, ignore or ridicule what he sacrificed in the service of his country; my country. 

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Meh-gun opened her comments by saying she doesn't suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome or whatever buzz word she's using. I wouldn't say that's so, Meh-gun. I think you suffer from Trump derangement when you're whoring out your morals and your principles defending what is indefensible nearly every day you're on this show.

Yeah, that was a "spew coffee on the monitor" moment. 

• Love 3

That’s it, get Meredith back, I don’t think she has a steady gig now.  Get rid of MM and Whoopi.  I don’t have a Huge problem with Whoopi as many do.  She just isn’t sharp anymore and has become cranky and glib.  Her valley girl affect is disrespectful because she only does it to mock the person or topic at hand.  If you don’t like fluff just remain quiet. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

That’s it, get Meredith back, I don’t think she has a steady gig now.  Get rid of MM and Whoopi.  I don’t have a Huge problem with Whoopi as many do.  She just isn’t sharp anymore and has become cranky and glib.  Her valley girl affect is disrespectful because she only does it to mock the person or topic at hand.  If you don’t like fluff just remain quiet. 

I posted a few days ago about Meredith's new game show gig. I don't think she'd want to come back to this mess and who could blame her.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan seems to be working hard trying to be liked today.  Also, Megs, my father and brother were both CPAs but I can barely add and subtract.  Being related to someone does not give you an innate knowledge of what your relatives know, i.e. Russia and geopolitics.

Osmosis???

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan seems to be working hard trying to be liked today.  Also, Megs, my father and brother were both CPAs but I can barely add and subtract.  Being related to someone does not give you an innate knowledge of what your relatives know, i.e. Russia and geopolitics.

Meghan has a degree in art history.  If she wants to be considered an expert on something then she should have a job related to the degree her parents paid good money for.  Her wanting to be an expert on politics, military, whatever is just her being lazy.  She wants the benefits of nepotism all the while denying it by saying she has been in politics her whole life and was a military brat.  Her father has been in politics her whole life.  Her father was retired from the military by the time she was born.  I find it funny she hasn't said she has been in beer distributing her whole life.  Her mom owns the biggest distributor in Arizona.  I guess that doesn't get her a job on TV.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I posted a few days ago about Meredith's new game show gig. I don't think she'd want to come back to this mess and who could blame her.

I don't even think it's because of the way The View is now so much as the way the news covers The View. Meredith said as much before, but the way The View has the crosshairs on it the past 2 years is on a whole other level. I don't blame her either. Meredith is such a nice person, and you get put through the ringer--often undeservingly.

I thought she looked amazing, but I was still shocked the lady at the end was able to get down and do push-ups like that at 103. She's taken great care of herself.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I was done with Fifty Cent when I saw him making fun of Terry Crews for being sexually assaulted. Cancelled. Permanently. Won't even listen to that birthday song on my birthday anymore. Fuck that guy and The View for having him on.

I think it was more ignorance on his part, than him being malicious. Society has problems reconciling men being victims of sexual assault. It is why, it is underreported. Men are afraid to look weak and soft. In 50 cent mind, where he comes from, a big, strapping, man, like Terry Crews, should have taken out that guy, full stop.  I think that Terry was not only in shock, but, he was mindful, of his position, in Hollywood. The powerful producer knew this and  had the temerity to sexually assault him, in front of Terry's wife.   Who does that? Predators usually attack their victims in private away from prying eyes. This guy did this vile act, in a room, full of people, at a party.  Sexual violence is always about power, rarely, is it ever about sexual desire.  Perhaps, if they had been in the streets or somewhere, private, Terry would have beat the shit out of him out, consequences be damned! So, I will give 50 cent, a pass on this one.  It is why I feel that people should not tweet every thought that comes into mind. Some things should be kept off the internet. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan has a degree in art history.  If she wants to be considered an expert on something then she should have a job related to the degree her parents paid good money for.  Her wanting to be an expert on politics, military, whatever is just her being lazy.  She wants the benefits of nepotism all the while denying it by saying she has been in politics her whole life and was a military brat.  Her father has been in politics her whole life.  Her father was retired from the military by the time she was born.  I find it funny she hasn't said she has been in beer distributing her whole life.  Her mom owns the biggest distributor in Arizona.  I guess that doesn't get her a job on TV.

She is also knows everything about sex trafficking because her mother does so charity work on it. I think she said last week she knows more than any person should. 

I hate the term Trump Derangement Syndrome. I hate that MM acts as if the other women are crazy to be upset everyday by Trump. As if they are nitpicking his presidency.  Everyone is beyond disgusted by the Trump/Putin meeting but MM acts like her disgust is more valid. 

I made a comment yesterday about the show trying to make MM likeable.  I didn't watch the show yesterday but read that she hooked up a child that has brain cancer with Taylor Swift tickets  (meeting ).  Someone said it's just them showing MM do something nice not trying to make her likable.  Maybe you're right. I just feel like when MM  has a meltdown of some sort we are treated to a sweet daddy story or a friendly guest  or the other hosts tiptoeing around Princess entitled snowflake. Like said I didn't watch. 

Yeah, I skipped 50 cent his absolutely disgusting treatment of Terry Crews turns my stomach.  I'm assuming the ladies didn't call him out. He's also as dumb as a box of rocks. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 17

Unfortunately, I can not get behind MM. Happy she is outraged in the moment. But imo it won't last. Shouldn't she be explaining why trumpsters are still supporting him? Yesterday should never have been such a shock to her.

Yet here she is all about Trump Derangement Syndrome and gas lighting, pulling daddy in and bragging about being an expert on politics, everything Russia etc.

Pick a lane MM.

Yesterday she tweeted about the girl meeting Taylor Swift 3 times in addition to on the show. And it was all me, me, me - I did this! BTW - notice who is not making a production of it - TS.

• Love 22
35 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She is also knows everything about sex trafficking because her mother does so charity work on it. I think she said last week she knows more than any person should. 

I hate the term Trump Derangement Syndrome. I hate that MM acts as if the other women are crazy to be upset everyday by Trump. As if they are nitpicking his presidency.  Everyone is beyond disgusted by the Trump/Putin meeting but MM acts like her disgust is more valid. 

I made a comment yesterday about the show trying to make MM likeable.  I didn't watch the show yesterday but read that she hooked up a child that has brain cancer with Taylor Swift tickets  (meeting ).  Someone said it's just them showing MM do something nice not trying to make her likable.  Maybe you're right. I just feel like when MM  has a meltdown of some sort we are treated to a sweet daddy story or a friendly guest  or the other hosts tiptoeing around Princess entitled snowflake. Like said I didn't watch. 

Yeah, I skipped 50 cent his absolutely disgusting treatment of Terry Crews turns my stomach.  I'm assuming the ladies didn't call him out. He's also as dumb as a box of rocks. 

and the Eastern and Central time zones didn't even get the View yesterday because of 45's live presser.  Oh well MM, almost half of America didn't see your staged/planned random act of kindness.....(and I don't WANT to see it either).  

• Love 7
(edited)

I hurt myself clapping for Joy and fighting fascism. We're of the generation that is wtf with Trump. We've learned nothing.

Edited by nokat
Corrects post for rude renaming of Trump.
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I was neutral about 50cent until he mocked Terry.  THEN, I saw this house he wanted to sell on Million Dollar Listing New York.  The house is ridiculous & anyone that would buy it needs therapy!!  See for yourself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3473648/50-Cent-finally-sells-52-room-Connecticut-mansion-cut-price-8-million-developer-plans-make-NURSING-HOME.html

that was Mike Tyson's old house....sooooooo

• Love 2
(edited)
30 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Unfortunately, I can not get behind MM. Happy she is outraged in the moment. But imo it won't last. Shouldn't she be explaining why trumpsters are still supporting him? Yesterday should never have been such a shock to her.

Yet here she is all about Trump Derangement Syndrome and gas lighting, pulling daddy in and bragging about being an expert on politics, everything Russia etc.

Pick a lane MM.

Yesterday she tweeted about the girl meeting Taylor Swift 3 times in addition to on the show. And it was all me, me, me - I did this! BTW - notice who is not making a production of it - TS.

Do you ever notice she never actually explains anything about Trump supporters. She will talk about why they voted for him (I have my own theories). But, when asked like today Sunny asked her how she thinks his base will see this,  will this change anything for them? She ignores the question completely even after sunny went back and asked again , nothing . She's done this a few times. She wants to explain them to us, well then explain Meggy.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, nokat said:

I hurt myself clapping for Joy and fighting fascism. We're of the generation that is wtf with baby hitler. We've learned nothing.

I want the Big Baby balloon that flew over London this past weekend, to be brought back over here, and follow 45 from speech to speech to speech. Heheheheh stalked by a balloon!  (just kidding LOL!) Seriously, it could go on forever, just like The Dead! Can play games with it, a little volleyball, some badminton, it could be the the dot on kareoke songs, follow the bouncing orange balloon.  Omg its endless.  Whoever (whom?) had that created is bloody brilliant!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

...snip snip...  same here, I lost a lot of respect.  He did explain himself and told the whole story.  He said it before he talked to Terry and got the whole story.  Then he understood, and regretted his shade.  Take it for what you will, but i did appreciate him saying it

13 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I loved the segment with Ida Keeling!

Ida rocks it harder than i can't lol She's Awesome!!

• Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Do you ever notice she never actually explains anything about Trump supporters. She will talk about why they voted for him (I have my own theories). But, when asked like today Sunny asked her how she thinks his base will see this,  will this change anything for them? She ignores the question completely even after sunny went back and asked again , nothing . She's done this a few times. She wants to explain them to us, well then explain Meggy.

I think she waiting to see which way the wind blows.  If she says this will have no effect on his base's support and it does have an effect she looks like an idiot.  If she says it will have an affect and it doesn't she will look like an idiot.  So I think we can conclude Meghan doesn't want to look like an idiot.  Too late though she already does.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Tammee said:

...snip snip...  same here, I lost a lot of respect.  He did explain himself and told the whole story.  He said it before he talked to Terry and got the whole story.  Then he understood, and regretted his shade.  Take it for what you will, but i did appreciate him saying it

Really? Ok thanks. I'm surprised it was brought up.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I loved the segment with Ida Keeling!

Oh geez I did too. I got down with her to see if I could do a push up because I can still to hand springs in my mind. I managed to do three and noticed I should vacuum.  

What was the point of MM repeating  how well everyone knew her and wants all to know  that she is not over reacting? What the heck? Wouldn't want you to loose it and over react like you do on a daily basis. 

Loved The tunic Whoopi  had on , she should do that more often and MM did look lovely. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think we all know but cannot post it because it hasn't been mentioned this week.  Joy did mention it previously in relation to a story on the news.  It will come up again. 

• Love 7

I was touched by the concern the show showed for yesterdays viewers who had to miss it because of the pre-emption. No need to worry , you can still get all the deals of the day today.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think she waiting to see which way the wind blows.  If she says this will have no effect on his base's support and it does have an effect she looks like an idiot.  If she says it will have an affect and it doesn't she will look like an idiot.  So I think we can conclude Meghan doesn't want to look like an idiot.  Too late though she already does.

You're probably right. I also think she doesn't really know anything about his base. She loves to tell us how the Demonstrates didn't care about this group of people and that they left them out blah blah blah. That's really the only thing she repeats. She loves to scold the dems and basically says, see you didn't care so it's your fault we have Trump. And that as far as it usually goes. She never explains their mind set as to why they over look vile disgusting behavior.  There is never really anything new just the same ol' BS she keeps going back to.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I was touched by the concern the show showed for yesterdays viewers who had to miss it because of the pre-emption. No need to worry , you can still get all the deals of the day today.

Omg I actually cracked up laughing.  Our president is Putin's play thing but you can still get a deal on this ....lol.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Oh geez I did too. I got down with her to see if I could do a push up because I can still to hand springs in my mind. I managed to do three and noticed I should vacuum.

What was the point of MM repeating  how well everyone knew her and wants all to know  that she is not over reacting? What the heck? Wouldn't want you to loose it and over react like you do on a daily basis.

Loved The tunic Whoopi  had on , she should do that more often and MM did look lovely.

Laughing about the vacuuming.  MM is pretty much a charlie brown wawa, I ff through most of it. I have the bag of potatoes figure of whoopi, so I appreciated that tunic she was wearing too. Very pretty.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think she said last week she knows more than any person should. 

I remember that, CoffeeWineWater, and probably rolled my eyes.    (re sex trafficking...lest I mislead)

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Wings said:

Whoopi would not change her role because she does not moderate.  She can continue announcing the segment content and cut to commercials.  

I think Whoopi would go for this if the producers would explain that she can eat and drink all she wants to...as rudely as she pleases.

• Love 5
(edited)

I still managed to roll my eyes at Meghan bringing up yet again that Obama ridiculed Romney over saying that Russia was the biggest geopolitical threat. In 2012, the remnants of al-Qaeda were more of a threat. So the man isn't psychic, Meghan. It's not like Obama could have prevented Russian tampering or yesterday's shit storm summit.

Edited by Vanderboom
ISIS is not al-Qaeda
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, nokat said:

Laughing about the vacuuming.  MM is pretty much a charlie brown wawa, I ff through most of it. I have the bag of potatoes figure of whoopi, so I appreciated that tunic she was wearing too. Very pretty.

I loved the tunic on Whoopi! It made her look human, not like a pile of laundry with a head. Seriously, she looked great in it. 

• Love 13