Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, July 16
Former “The View” co-host Sherri Shepherd (“Trial & Error”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, July 17
Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson (“Power”) 

Wednesday, July 18 
Joel McHale (“The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale”); Daveed Diggs (“Blindspotting”) 

Thursday, July 19
 The Political View with Jeanine Pirro (author, “Liars, Leakers and Liberals” and “Justice with Judge Jeanine”) 

Friday, July 20 
Jennifer Garner (Once Upon A Farm) 

• Love 2

Sherri Shepherd will be on Family Feud this Sunday or Monday.  I saw a commercial.

The host, Harvey(?) is telling Shepherd that "this is not personal therapy, Sherri."  

So it seems that  Shepherd is still using  personal details  as her schnick. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I like Sherri (maybe not when she was on The View), will give Jeanine a miss.

Jeanine Pirro is a piece of work. She is always shouting and angry about something. I bet you, Meggie will fawn over her and say that she was her mentor.

• Love 24

I wish either Ana or Tara would be there on Thurs.  I don't think anyone of the regulars except Joy can speak louder or faster than Pirro.  Sunny can't, Whoopi will sputter but not make sense, Sara is too meek, and Meghan will agree.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I wish either Ana or Tara would be there on Thurs.  I don't think anyone of the regulars except Joy can speak louder or faster than Pirro.  Sunny can't, Whoopi will sputter but not make sense, Sara is too meek, and Meghan will agree.

I'm really getting tired of weekly dose of guests who represent Meghan's point of view.  When is the last time Rachel Maddow or any progressive representative was on?

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Personally, I'm hoping Whoopi does the same thing to Pirro that she did to Conway.

• Love 4

I was able to see it on a Canadian channel & Ana Navarro was filling in for Joy.

I was really amused that they did a Meggie redemption bit, where she contacted Taylor Swift to meet a young girl with brain cancer.  Very nice, but nothing can redeem THAT WOMAN in my estimation!!

• Love 16
(edited)

Only video uploaded is another attempt by the show to make McCain look like less of the rude, unlikable person she is. Glad I missed that.

EDIT: I had an old page open, didn’t see the most recent comments. @Medicine Crow already pointed that out!

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5
Just now, TheGreenKnight said:

Only video uploaded is another attempt by the show to make McCain look like less of the rude, unlikable person she is. Glad I missed that.

That's the first video that came up when I searched on for today's show. They really are going out of their way to garner sympathy for Meghan. 

• Love 5

Just to prove The Whoopster CAN.NOT.STAND not getting full credit for the nice things she does ... when Sherri said Janet Jackson came on the show to give her tickets to an upcoming performance, The Whoopster jumped in to remind Sherri "who arranged it".  Tiny, little person that she is!!!

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I was able to see it on a Canadian channel & Ana Navarro was filling in for Joy.

I was really amused that they did a Meggie redemption bit, where she contacted Taylor Swift to meet a young girl with brain cancer.  Very nice, but nothing can redeem THAT WOMAN in my estimation!!

I was going to watch later on hulu but reading this ugh forget it. Why does the show try so hard to make MM likeable?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I was going to watch later on hulu but reading this ugh forget it. Why does the show try so hard to make MM likeable?

Your guess is as good as mine!!!  She's already dipped herself in a vat of mean, so there's no place for "likeable" to cling on.  LOL.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Wings said:

Sherry Shepard was on Celebrity Family Feud.  Damn, she is stupid.  

I caught the very end last night.  The question was which state had the best beaches.  Sherri's answer?  Miami.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Wings said:

As hard as she tries to bury it, Sherri has a hard time living with the fact that she's supporting/supported two husbands & a child she had by surrogate with her last husband.  I think it "grinds her gears" & is top of mind when she's asked a question like on the Feud.  (I have no doubt she'd like to cut their dicks off!!  LOL.)

2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I caught the very end last night.  The question was which state had the best beaches.  Sherri's answer?  Miami.

Yes, she's amazingly uninformed (the earth is flat)!!!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

You missed a beaut.  First question at the podium with Steve and opponent.  What would a female police officer to in bed with her husband.  Sherry hits the button first and says, "CUT HIS PENIS OFF!"  That didn't go over well. 

25 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I don't think they are.  It isn't outrageous that they showed something positive she did.  <shrug>   This is the first time, right? 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Wings said:

You missed a beaut.  First question at the podium with Steve and opponent.  What would a female police officer to in bed with her husband.  Sherry hits the button first and says, "CUT HIS PENIS OFF!"  That didn't go over well. 

Typical Sherry. I remember when was divorcing her first husband and fighting for custody of their son.  She would say embarrassing and incriminating things, like beating Jeffrey with a wooden spoon. Whoopie would try to admonish her to be careful in what she was saying.. Sherry would meekly apologize, say it was an attempt at a joke and would do it all over again the next day. Finally, Whoopie gave up...Then, she met the oldest looking 50 year old, he became her husband and the rest is history...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Then, she met the oldest looking 50 year old, he became her husband and the rest is history...

50?!  That dispels, black don't crack, now doesn't it. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Wings said:

I dread today's show!   I hope View viewers can find this Family Feud episode.  Not only was she stoopid, she was an ass.  She needs/needed attention so badly that she jumped around, gyrated too many times in her "I'm so sexy" way (ugh).  She bugged her eyes so often I thought she'd need an amblee-ance. At one point she almost lost her wig...unintentionally, I think.   I think Steve Harvey is over Sherri!   I was long ago.

• Love 10
(edited)

Do you have episode number.. Is it repeat?  There's no description  and I thought it was suppose to be Sunday.  

On topic her son looks just like the ex.  

Can you imagine if she was still a member of the panel with what's going on? She would be spending lots of time walking the streets of New York sitting out important topics. 

I found it on demand. Now can I take that level of ignorance ? 

Edited by athousandclowns
Rushing to post / darn mini pad
  • Love 6

I always finding it interesting how MM comes out.  She seems to always have a frown and look down as she walks in.  

Today when they were teasing Sunny and Sarah about the "kiki" dance, can you guess who was the only one not smiling/laughing?

• Love 11
(edited)

Yes, she stomps out like the Hitler youth way ahead of the others wearing a scowl and Heidi braids.   She is missing the helmet with horns. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 17
(edited)

No reasonable republican takes her seriously.  Ana won't even make eye contact.  She is the laughing stock of many.  Now, the Walmart crowd who don a red hat don't laugh at her.   Do they watch the View?  nah

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7

Meghan should call in sick tomorrow.  She's going to be between a rock and a hard place choosing sides in today's events.  Her father made some strong statements against her father-in-law's employer.  I just hope nothing happens to preempt tomorrow's show.  Sherry Shepherd is a dolt.  Bless her heart.

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Wings said:

She is missing the helmet with horns. 

They're called longenhurden according to Rose on the Golden Girls show. lol I imagine MM as Brunhilda with the horned helmet and the braids.

• Love 14

I caught some of today's show online - it was linked on twitter.   When Meghan isn't interrupting Ana N, she's making side comments while Ana is talking.   I HATE that. Ana ignored her a couple of times, just kept talking, which is what she has been trained to do.  When Ana said, regarding trump's behavior today, "the Republican part is silent and complicit"  Meghan says, "I"m not silent!"  yeah, honey, but YOU are not the republican party.  

• Love 18
2 hours ago, backformore said:

When Ana said, regarding trump's behavior today, "the Republican party is silent and complicitMeghan says, "I"m not silent!"  yeah, honey, but YOU are not the republican party.

I came here to specifically comment on this part of today's show!   Thanks BackForMore!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Sherry Shepherd is a dolt.  Bless her heart.

You're so much kinder than I.

10 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Do you have episode number.. Is it repeat?  There's no description  and I thought it was suppose to be Sunday.  

It was a new episode on Sunday, 7/15.  It's all over the 'net so should be easy to find--also, several clips on YouTube.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, backformore said:

I caught some of today's show online - it was linked on twitter.   When Meghan isn't interrupting Ana N, she's making side comments while Ana is talking.   I HATE that. Ana ignored her a couple of times, just kept talking, which is what she has been trained to do.  When Ana said, regarding trump's behavior today, "the Republican part is silent and complicit"  Meghan says, "I"m not silent!"  yeah, honey, but YOU are not the republican party.  

Meghan might not be silent but she most certainly is complicit.  Anyone who doesn't criticize what Trump is doing and actually rationalizes and defends his actions is complicit.

• Love 14

They could replace Meghan with a parrot. Teach it the talking points on the blue card. Why oh why does ABC continue to put idiots on the panel? Actually I wouldn't put Jedidiah on the idiot list, she was brilliant compared to Meghan. She was smart and funny but not honest about her political leanings. Ana is always a refreshing addition, and I liked Tara too.

• Love 12
(edited)

If they want to get an Emmy in the future they have to fire MM and give Sara the job as moderator, a real moderator.  NO cross talking.   She is well suited for that. Sunny could, as well.  Whoopi would not change her role because she does not moderate.  She can continue announcing the segment content and cut to commercials.  As for the republican perspective, have that be a guest spot daily.  We can have Ana, Tara and other rational people who speak in dulcet tones. 

I would like to see Whoopi retire but that isn’t going to happen so I am resigned to working my fantasy around her. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Wings said:

If they want to get an Emmy in the future they have to fire MM and give Sara the job as moderator, a real moderator.  NO cross talking.   She is well suited for that. Sunny could, as well.  Whoopi would not change her role because she does not moderate.  She can continue announcing the segment content and cut to commercials.  As for the republican perspective, have that be a guest spot daily.  We can have Ana, Tara and other rational people who speak in dulcet tones.

I would like to see Whoopi retire but that isn’t going to happen so I am resigned to working my fantasy around her.

I can't agree with you about Sara as a moderator. I admit to underestimating her in previous seasons, and then came to admire her, but she is sweet and a people pleaser, and in no way capable of moderating.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, nokat said:

I can't agree with you about Sara as a moderator. I admit to underestimating her in previous seasons, and then came to admire her, but she is sweet and a people pleaser, and in no way capable of moderating.

I see your point, work with me here.   She is even handed and rarely takes a side strongly.  You need that in a moderator; she shows no predjudjce.  I think she would rally for job.

it is like remodeling a house on a limited budget.  I have to use what is there and make upgrades where I can.  There isn’t enough money  to replace the fixtures and there is no one else.  :^) 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nokat said:

They could replace Meghan with a parrot. Teach it the talking points on the blue card. Why oh why does ABC continue to put idiots on the panel? Actually I wouldn't put Jedidiah on the idiot list, she was brilliant compared to Meghan. She was smart and funny but not honest about her political leanings. Ana is always a refreshing addition, and I liked Tara too.

The main reason I hated her. I don't have any regrets about her getting the boot even if Meh-gun is just as bad in entirely different ways. Hopefully Meh-gun goes the same way as Jedi. Finding someone who doesn't scream and owns what they stand for instead of hiding behind "I'm a Libertarian"/"I didn't vote for Trump"/"MY FATHER!!!"/self-victimization/etc. cannot be that hard, ABC. Find someone like Paula (except not Paula, because Whoopi hates her).

• Love 6

Sara is very sweet and very weak in a convo.

She lets others talk over her frequently--most notably the last few days...Sara:  "Let me finish".   MM: " NO, LET ME FINISH! "  Guess who got to talk. 

Meredith was smart, diplomatic, and funny. The others respected her.  They need a new mod whenever Whoopi goes,  if ever.  Not that MM would respect anyone,  including Whoops. 

I love Joy but I don't want her reined in by mod duties.  

They need to get rid of shrieking, valley girl MM. Her voice is just not made for broadcasting audio. Mom did a piss poor job with her, although I get the feeling that MM was a brat and didn't do much of what her parents wanted,  or anyone. She took the "Maverick" moniker as a legacy (undeserved) and life guide. She's too stupid to be a maverick and comes off as a ill-mannered jerk.

• Love 11
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Tosia said:

They need to get rid of shrieking, valley girl MM. Her voice is just not made for broadcasting audio. Mom did a piss poor job with her, although I get the feeling that MM was a brat and didn't do much of what her parents wanted,  or anyone. She took the "Maverick" moniker as a legacy (undeserved) and life guide. She's too stupid to be a maverick and comes off as a ill-mannered jerk.

Meghan has said she was/is a daddy's girl so I'm sure she got away with a lot.  As a poster mentioned awhile back John McCain was away from home frequently so when he was home he was probably good cop while Cindy was always having to be bad cop.  

I had seen her a few times before she became a regular on the View (most notably getting owned by Paul Begala on Real Time) and she always came across as a lightweight privileged twit but she didn't seem to be a mean nasty bitch.  Not sure what brought that persona to light but is in full bloom now.

31 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Meredith was smart, diplomatic, and funny. The others respected her.  They need a new mod whenever Whoopi goes,  if ever.  Not that MM would respect anyone,  including Whoops. 

Meredith came from a background in journalism.  She knew on the View the topic was supposed to be the story with the cohosts adding their views.  At some point the View became the cohosts views about the topic becoming the story.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 7