Type keyword(s) to search

Living Biblically - General Discussion

• Start Topic

CBS Announces Winter Scheduling Plans for 2018

Also in February, CBS will premiere the new comedy LIVING BIBLICALLY (f.k.a. "By the Book") on Monday, Feb. 26 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) after 9JKL completes its season order. LIVING BIBLICALLY stars Jay R. Ferguson as Chip Curry, a modern-day man at a crossroads in his life who decides to live strictly in accordance with the Bible. As he begins his sincere spiritual journey toward a more moral life with the help of his wife and friends, Chip wonders if he'll be able to take a page - or every page - out of the Good Book, and if the effect will be of Biblical proportions. Lindsey Kraft, Ian Gomez, David Krumholtz, Tony Rock and Camryn Manheim also star.

So they changed the name back to Living Biblically (If I remember correctly that was the original title before it was changed to By the Book).

I just found out about this show; sounds interesting.

'You Don't Have To Be A Believer To Enjoy The New CBS Comedy Living Biblically'

You Don't Have To Be A Believer To Enjoy The New CBS Comedy Living Biblically

The show's creators discuss opening a conversation between the faithful and the not-so-much.

The new CBS comedy Living Biblically, which premieres on Monday, Feb. 26 at 9:30/8:30c on CBS and CBS All Access, follows Chip Curry (Jay R. Ferguson), a modern-day man at a crossroads in his life who decides to live strictly in accordance with the Bible.

With the help and support of his non-believing wife Leslie (Lindsey Kraft), his co-worker Vince (Tony Rock), his boss Ms. Meadows (Camryn Mannheim), and his self-proclaimed "God Squad" of Father Gene (Ian Gomez) and Rabbi Gil (David Krumholtz), Chip will try to navigate the waters of a spiritual journey of biblical proportions.

At CBS' Television Critics Association 2018 Winter Tour, show creator and Executive Producer Patrick Walsh was joined by fellow Executive Producer Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory) and the cast to shed some light on the bold new sitcom.

The producers pointed out that, despite a focus on Chip's religious path over the course of the show, Living Biblically will be treating both sides of the religious debate with respect and an intent to open a dialogue about the often hard-to-discuss topic.

"The best way to approach a conversation that people are uncomfortable with is with comedy, and our goal here is, one, to make people laugh, and two, to hopefully inspire a conversation around the water cooler that people might have otherwise been uncomfortable with, no matter what the result of that conversation," explained Galecki.

He continued: "I'll say there are a number of people involved with the show who are devout in their beliefs, and we do have consultants of the cloth who keep us broadly accurate. And I say 'broadly,' because it's, again, so personal, and very few things mean the same thing to everyone in the Bible."  ...

=================

http://www.cbs.com/shows/living-biblically/

https://www.facebook.com/LivingBiblicallyCBS/

https://twitter.com/LivinBiblically

https://www.instagram.com/livingbiblicallycbs/

• Love 1

In the series premiere, Chip Curry is a modern day man at a crossroads in his life, who decides to live strictly in accordance with the Bible. A film critic for a New York Newspaper and a soon-to-be father, Chip wants to be a better man following the loss of his best friend. He decides to put his slightly obsessive temperament to use and start living his life 100% by the Bible to find direction. His smart, pregnant wife, Leslie, while both skeptical and entertained by her husband’s new passion, supports him completely. Knowing he’ll need some practical advice, Chip forms a “God Squad” with Father Gene, a Catholic Priest who helps Chip translate the rules of the Bible to a modern world; and Father Gene’s best friend, easygoing Rabbi Gil Ableman, who respects Chip’s chutzpah and is glad to serve as a sounding board when they meet at their local bar. At Chip’s newspaper, he finds support from his no-nonsense boss, Ms. Meadows, who knows Chip’s self-penned story will sell newspapers, and his co-worker and friend, Vince, who is quick with a reality check and likes to wind Chip up for his own amusement. As he begins his sincere spiritual journey toward a more moral life with the help of his wife and friends, Chip wonders if he’ll be able to take a page – or every page – out of the Good Book, and if the effect will be of Biblical proportions.

I read the book many years ago.  As a non believer I found the whole experiment interesting and humorous. 

Spoiler

It does show how some people do the Bible-buffet and only choose passages that interest them.  If I remember correctly, and perhaps I don't, in the book it was impossible to adhere to everything because a lot of the teachings would be illegal. 

In the commercial they do show the main character stoning someone and that would be a good example of an illegal activity at least in North America.

Now I have to reread the book and take notes.

So, the premier just ended and I can already feel the hate, like it's weighing in the air and I'm an empath or something. Well, I kind of liked it. I tend to like dumb sitcoms and this one fits the bill nicely. That means, of course, that it will last about as long as am ice cream cone on a hot summer day. But, til then it's mindless fun.

• Love 1

I liked it, although they should tone down the laughter at lines that are not that funny. It gets distracting. I don't mind the studio audience or laugh track (not sure which of the two they use here) laughing when something is actually funny, but too often we get laughter when a line doesn't warrant it.

• Love 2

I expected to hate this and wsan't going to watch it, but they actually piqued my interest with a clip I saw somewhere, and I thought some of it was funny. It's not at all what I expected it to be, and I like that the priest and the rabbi are friends and have a sense of humor, and that the fiancee (wife? are they married? I can't remember) is an atheist and the show didn't treat that like it's a problem. Also: the stoning took me totally by surprise, and normally I'd be horrified but I kind of liked it. Also, I liked that the guy really loves and misses his friend, and that they're treating that death like it's as significant as if it was a close family member, with absolutely no weirdness or joking about it.

It's easy to critique a show like this and point out all the things about it that psuck, but I was pleasantly surprised by a bunch of things it did that I liked and I will give it another look.

I do hope the coworkers and boss get to be less cardboard cringey. The boss, the work friend, and the woman who sneaks up on people are extreme caricatures and not in a funny way. So, fix that, show!

ETA: can anyone remember the line about the all white outfit... I think it was the work friend who told him "you look like..." was it "a work-casual ghost"?

Also: I liked that the "super gonorrhea" story didn't end with her saying she had it, too, because I really thought that's where the sitcom humor was headed. I don't know why, but that's what my TV trope detector was expecting, and I was going to hate it. That she actually needed to tell him she was pregnant, was a pleasant surprise.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, possibilities said:

Also: the stoning took me totally by surprise, and normally I'd be horrified but I kind of liked it.

I was so not expecting the actual stoning and I'm sitting at my desk laughing as I remember it.  It was hysterical to me. That's when I was hooked. That and super gonorrhea had me laughing so hard.  

I like Camryn Manheim so I was happy to see her in the show (the boss).   

I agree about treating the friend's death as significant.  I think that's a great thing to show.  I also really loved that the live in lady love spelled it out for him  - that he's been disconnected etc and she needed him to figure it out.  She did so matter of factly, without whining or nagging.  If they can keep the show at this level I will be in until the very end. 

My Jewish friend's complaint is that the guy who did this in real life (it is based on a real life situation), was Jewish and for some reason he was a lapsed Catholic in the show and we wondered why the change. 

• Love 1

I liked it way more than I thought I would, especially considering I wasn't even going to watch it.  I thought the wife was the weak link in the cast.  

37 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

My Jewish friend's complaint is that the guy who did this in real life (it is based on a real life situation), was Jewish and for some reason he was a lapsed Catholic in the show and we wondered why the change. 

Full disclosure, I feel I am in a unique position to appreciate this show.  I am Christian, and work in a synagogue.  I mentioned this show to our rabbi this morning, and he said the same, that the book was hysterical, but the guy who wrote it was Jewish.  Maybe they figure more people will relate if the main character is Christian, I don't know.  Regardless, the Old Testament is the same in both religions, and he is being advised by both a priest and a rabbi (and I love their friendship already, which reminds me a lot of our rabbi, who is very close friends with both a priest and an imam).

• Love 5

That was reasonably amusing and I'll check out episode 2, however when I read the A. J. Jacobs book on which it was based a while back I though the book was definitely funnier. I suspect that some of Jacobs' wry, self-aware humor (and his frequent references to Judaism) had to be toned down so as not to offend a mass network audience. I do recommend that anyone who likes the premise of this show consider reading the original book as well.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Nessie said:

I liked it way more than I thought I would, especially considering I wasn't even going to watch it.  I thought the wife was the weak link in the cast.  

Full disclosure, I feel I am in a unique position to appreciate this show.  I am Christian, and work in a synagogue.  I mentioned this show to our rabbi this morning, and he said the same, that the book was hysterical, but the guy who wrote it was Jewish.  Maybe they figure more people will relate if the main character is Christian, I don't know.  Regardless, the Old Testament is the same in both religions, and he is being advised by both a priest and a rabbi (and I love their friendship already, which reminds me a lot of our rabbi, who is very close friends with both a priest and an imam).

Oh, so glad you wrote this because I was a little fixated on his obsession with the OT when he is supposed to be Catholic.  Not that the OT isn't relevant, but some parts of the Law were specifically for Jews and this clears it up.  Thanks. 

• Love 1

While this was better than I thought it would be, I think it might be too run-of-the-mill to last long.  It seems that the sitcoms that are successful are a bit more unique or modern, shall we say.  This is neither.  Plus, they've set up a limit on the time--9 months (or so), since he says he's only doing this while his wife is pregnant.  I did like the priest's "BIBLE" explanation--not that I can remember what exactly it was, but oh well!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, possibilities said:

ETA: can anyone remember the line about the all white outfit... I think it was the work friend who told him "you look like..." was it "a work-casual ghost"?

Close. It was "business-casual ghost."

3 hours ago, Morksmate said:

I did like the priest's "BIBLE" explanation--not that I can remember what exactly it was, but oh well!

"Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth."

• Love 3

When Father Gene and Rabbi Gil (the "God Squad") point out to Chip that his addiction to his smartphone is the same as worshiping a false idol, Chip decides to stop using it, causing his wife, Leslie, and his officemates to worry about his whereabouts.

4 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Oh, so glad you wrote this because I was a little fixated on his obsession with the OT when he is supposed to be Catholic.  Not that the OT isn't relevant, but some parts of the Law were specifically for Jews and this clears it up.  Thanks. 

You're very welcome!  I think most people don't realize the Tanakh and the Old Testament are basically the same (the first 5 books of the Bible, to oversimplify it), but the Old Testament had some "tweaks" during translations - at least, that's what I optimistically chose to believe.  One of the things I love about my job is my access to religious authorities.  They're pretty used to me going into their offices and asking things like "why don't the Jews believe Jesus was the Messiah?" or "is this passage seriously saying a man must marry his dead brothers wife?" or "Have you ever even tried a bacon cheeseburger?"

4 hours ago, Morksmate said:

While this was better than I thought it would be, I think it might be too run-of-the-mill to last long.  It seems that the sitcoms that are successful are a bit more unique or modern, shall we say.  This is neither.  Plus, they've set up a limit on the time--9 months (or so), since he says he's only doing this while his wife is pregnant.  I did like the priest's "BIBLE" explanation--not that I can remember what exactly it was, but oh well!

The book it's based on takes place over a year (I think the title is "My Year of Living Biblically" or something similar), so it was limited to begin with.

I have a very bad record with sitcoms.  Most of the ones I like get cancelled, so you may very well be right about this one.  Sorry about that to those of us who like it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Nessie said:

The book it's based on takes place over a year (I think the title is "My Year of Living Biblically" or something similar), so it was limited to begin with.

Yes - it was hilarious!  And ever since I saw this show's previews I knew it had to be based on this book, but this is the first place I've seen that confirmed!  That is the title of the book.

The author of the book, AJ Jacobs, is Jewish and a sort of "experiential journalist" - as in he does something for a while and writes about it.  His first book was called "The Know-It-All" and detailed the year he spent reading the Encyclopedia.  For his second book he spent a year following the Bible - I believe he gave 8 months to the OT and 4 months to the New (because he is Jewish so gave more time to the Old :) and he is very witty and amusing in his writing style.  And he did "stone an adulterer" in Central Park - the book does not lend itself naturally to a sitcom, but I could see where they got the story idea from.  Although I was surprised when he threw it and laughed really hard!  

If you haven't read the book I recommend it whether this show lasts or not.  

Edited by princelina
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, funandfitpt said:

I thought this was really funny. I laughed so hard when he threw the stone.

i thought that was upsetting. if he had to throw it it should have been at his arm or back or somewhere less damaging. but if this actually happened that way, then well....my least favorite part of the show. i'm going to give it another try next episode but i didn't like it all the much. don't like the wife. was very strange to see sara from the view on here. she is also going to be on the new roseanne. does she need more money?! i don't think it will last. 

If you really throw a stone at someone's head there is the risk of serious injuries, so I also didn't think it was funny. Also, if he really wanted to follow the bible to the letter, he should have done stoning like it was done in the bible. It was a form of capital punishment where a group of people threw stones at the guilty party until the guilty party was dead. The reason for using a group was that no individual person could be identified as the one who kills the guilty person.

So he was not following the bible to the letter when he threw just a single stone and left the guy alive. Of course the writers of the episode could have avoided the stoning by going to the new testament ("Let he who is without sin throw the first stone").

• Love 1

John 4:20 -- Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.

What does that have to do with pot?  John 14:6 (Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.") seems a bit better fit.

I would like this show pretty much anywhere but CBS, I think.  The laugh track, the broadness of the characters (and a priest who cites a wrong chapter and verse!) -- it's all so "Let's not offend anyone!!!" bland.  I don't mind that there's something like this for those who like it, but I was hoping for a LOT better.  We were ready to quit after 5 minutes, but stuck it out, then erased it from the DVR.

On 2/26/2018 at 9:52 PM, paulvdb said:

I liked it, although they should tone down the laughter at lines that are not that funny. It gets distracting. I don't mind the studio audience or laugh track (not sure which of the two they use here) laughing when something is actually funny, but too often we get laughter when a line doesn't warrant it.

Ugh.  The laugh track (fro=m an audience or not) was the first thing that I hated about the show.

20 hours ago, Nessie said:

Regardless, the Old Testament is the same in both religions

The Old Testament (especially Leviticus, the book of Laws) was explicitly rejected by Peter's feast (Acts 10:9-16).  There's a good discussion as to whether Christians should obey Old Testament laws (they say "yes" but give a good argument for "no") here.

16 hours ago, Morksmate said:

I did like the priest's "BIBLE" explanation--not that I can remember what exactly it was, but oh well!

Since you cannot follow the Bible completely (Acts 10:9-16 explicitly contradicts Leviticus 11, for example), many non-literalists have taken a "holistic" approach to the Bible, especially the message of Jesus' love and/or salvation and see it as a guide to living ethically.  Hence the "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth".

13 hours ago, princelina said:

Yes - it was hilarious!  And ever since I saw this show's previews I knew it had to be based on this book, but this is the first place I've seen that confirmed!  That is the title of the book.

The author of the book, AJ Jacobs, is Jewish and a sort of "experiential journalist" - as in he does something for a while and writes about it.  His first book was called "The Know-It-All" and detailed the year he spent reading the Encyclopedia.  For his second book he spent a year following the Bible - I believe he gave 8 months to the OT and 4 months to the New (because he is Jewish so gave more time to the Old :) and he is very witty and amusing in his writing style.  And he did "stone an adulterer" in Central Park - the book does not lend itself naturally to a sitcom, but I could see where they got the story idea from.  Although I was surprised when he threw it and laughed really hard!  

If you haven't read the book I recommend it whether this show lasts or not.  

I think this one difference between the book and show could be problematic to the show.  Jacobs took a very scientific approach to this.  I believe he said he was going to follow the rules of the OT for 9 months and the NT for 3 (I might be wrong on the amounts of time, but I do remember that he broke them up).  Here, he's just doing "the Bible" and, as we know, the Bible is contradictory.  It will be interesting to see how they deal with that.

Also, if you enjoyed the book, I highly recommend "The Unlikely Disciple."  It is written by Kevin Roose, who was Jacobs' "Biblical Slave." After his period of slavery had ended, Roose decided to conduct his own experiment, based on an experience he had with Jacobs.  If I remember correctly, Jacobs wrote the forward to his book.

4 hours ago, Morksmate said:

I think this one difference between the book and show could be problematic to the show.  Jacobs took a very scientific approach to this.  I believe he said he was going to follow the rules of the OT for 9 months and the NT for 3 (I might be wrong on the amounts of time, but I do remember that he broke them up).  Here, he's just doing "the Bible" and, as we know, the Bible is contradictory.  It will be interesting to see how they deal with that.

Also, if you enjoyed the book, I highly recommend "The Unlikely Disciple."  It is written by Kevin Roose, who was Jacobs' "Biblical Slave." After his period of slavery had ended, Roose decided to conduct his own experiment, based on an experience he had with Jacobs.  If I remember correctly, Jacobs wrote the forward to his book.

Thanks for that - I have read it too :). I'm hoping this will be a fun show - they can get ideas from the book and work around them.  I can't see this lead actor growing out his hair and beard like AJ did!  But I didn't think "He's Just Not that Into You" could be a movie, yet I enjoyed it, so with luck this will be the same!

13 hours ago, jhlipton said:

John 4:20 -- Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.

What does that have to do with pot?  John 14:6 (Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.") seems a bit better fit.

4 20 is stoner code for the consumption of pot and April 20th has become an unofficial pot holiday in America, according to my son - who was a little too proud to tell me that that he shares his birthday with that particular "holiday".

(edited)

While I enjoyed much of the episode -- I think Jay R. Ferguson sells it -- I do have some complaints:

• All the Beyonce ass kissing made me want to vomit. I don't think she's as talented as her marketing and showmanship would have her fans believe (on the extras on the "Dreamgirls" DVD, she sings a number a capella, and she's really not good).
  • Unless they've changed it (and the Catholic Church is not known for its speedy embrace of change), there should be a privacy screen in the confessional between the priest and the person making the confession, not a giant open window. I understand this is for TV purposes, but it pulls me out of the scene.
  • I'm not a fan of Camryn Manheim, although I do like the black friend and Sara Gilbert.
  • Of course the rabbi was a Beyonce fan.

Ian Gomez is wonderful as the priest, and I like that he's being shown to be human. 

4 hours ago, nx74defiant said:

I enjoyed the crazy coworkers. If they haven't heard back of course he was murdered!

Stands to reason. That's how my mind works. 

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 3
On 2/27/2018 at 6:12 PM, OtterMommy said:

When Father Gene and Rabbi Gil (the "God Squad") point out to Chip that his addiction to his smartphone is the same as worshiping a false idol, Chip decides to stop using it, causing his wife, Leslie, and his officemates to worry about his whereabouts.

Wait, seriously???  I know everyone misses what "taking the Lord's name in vain" means (it's referring to preachers claiming they speak for the Lord, not swearing!), but this is insane.  The commandment against "graven images" would work better, but then they'd have to what the Muslims did and not have people in any art.  "Worshiping a false idol" would refer to celebrity worship, especially people like the Kardasians, who are "famous for being famous", whether on a smartphone, on TV, or wherever.

(edited)
20 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Wait, seriously???  I know everyone misses what "taking the Lord's name in vain" means (it's referring to preachers claiming they speak for the Lord, not swearing!), but this is insane

It's swearing falsely to the truth of something while invoking God's (Hebrew) name, and other misuses of God's name, the use of which is limited to specific circumstances. I agree that what we nowadays call cursing is not related.

With regard to false idols, when I saw the Eagles' team members worshipfully kissing and stroking the Super Bowl trophy this year, "false idol" popped right into my head.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 2

One of the reasons the format was changed to Catholicism from Judaism was explained in an interview with Johnny Galecki, the executive producer.  He said he grew up as a "hippie Catholic," and that his mother lived in a convent for years before she married his father, and he pulled some of the subject matter from his own upbringing.  He also said he chose this subject because people of faith are "underrepresented" on TV (and I agree).   I thought it was cute and I look forward to seeing it again.  

• Love 4
On 3/6/2018 at 12:23 PM, SmithW6079 said:

Unless they've changed it (and the Catholic Church is not known for its speedy embrace of change), there should be a privacy screen in the confessional between the priest and the person making the confession, not a giant open window. I understand this is for TV purposes, but it pulls me out of the scene.

Actually, some churches are indeed doing away with the screen but at this point, I think it is voluntary.  And I agree with you on the Beyonce tongue-bath.  Overdone.

• Love 2

What they said about "false idols" is congruent with what I learned in Jewish Sunday school growing up, which is that it means worshipping something or putting it as a higher value than God. In the episode, Our Hero was asked if he would give up his phone if God told him to, and he realized how freaked out that made him feel, that he really wouldn't want to do it. So that's why he gave up his phone, to break the spell and get perspective. The whole idea as I understand it is that anything you value more than God, or which keeping you from being open to God, is a false idol.

I didn't have a problem with the Beyonce love, because she really does have fans of that intensity. I didn't think the show was necessarily taking the position that Beyonce is or isn't that awesome, but they were using the intensity of her fandom as a jumping off point for Chip to think about what it meant to love something that intensely -- he didn't understand it, he doesn't share the Beyonce love, and he wondered if it was wrong. They could have used a sports team and it would have worked just as well.

I love that the relationship between Chip and Leslie is able to sustain conflict without stopping being loving. They challenge each other and are still affectionate. It's not mean-spirited or degrading like a lot of sitcom marriages are. And they communicate! It's believable that they really like each other. With many tv marriages, I wonder why the couple ever got together in the first place, because they seem to hate each other. Chip and Leslie have a naturalness to their relationship. I like it.

• Love 4

This was clearly meant to be the 2nd episode, but it wasn't as strong as the "false idols" episode, so they switched them.

I guess the Rabbi isn't married or dating?  The way he was looking at Chip and his wife, maybe he should work on that instead of hanging out in a bar every night.

Wouldn't it be great if a show's hang-out was a bookstore? (As long as the patrons actually purchased stuff regularly.)  I guess I want a literary sitcom.

• Love 4

The loud music would have bothered me way more than the squeaking bedsprings. And in my experience, neighbors who play loud music almost never respond to friendly requests to turn it down.

I liked the older couple who they originally thought were the source of the noise, though.

• Love 2

I haven't started watching the show yet and i want to, but am hesitant. I'm an orthodox Jew and while I live biblically, there's a reason why we have the Talmud and other books that expound on and explain what is written in the Torah (Old Testament), bc it's impossible to live LITERALLY biblically without understanding and dissecting what the verses possibly mean and how to apply it in a practical way. In addition, most of the literal 'word of the verse' does not apply in 2018 because of the way times have changed. We don't kill/punish people for transgressing the law, there are no animal sacrifices, and a lot of other things - that's why there are endless multitudes of tomes expounding on the literal words of the Bible. So it might be funny to watch how it's interpreted literally, but it might also be aggravating. I can't decide.

But I do miss seeing Mr. O'Neill from what was that show with the gay son, I forget. I might give this a try...

• Love 3

worshipping  idols and swearing falsely are 2 differnet commandments. Worshipping idols is the 2nd commandment and I think swearing falsely is the 8th or 9th.
Funnily, for someone who's supposed to be 'literally' living biblically, 'worshipping' his smartphone is not a literal interpretation but a broader interpretation. But he's kind of right.... there's all kinds of idols, people worship money, worship celebrities, worship the internet... :D 

• Love 1

Chip, the main character, is the one trying to take everything literally, but his priest and rabbi advisors have a more nuanced attitude about things. I can't say whether you'd like the show or not, but it's meant to be comedic, and it doesn't really send a message of dogma so much as exploration. It's not the deepest examination of the topic, but it's not completely superficial, either.

• Love 3

I don't think this episode title or plot description match the episode that aired tonight, which was about Chip working on the prohibition against stealing. Did they maybe switch the episode order at the last minute?

I really like that Chip and his priest and rabbi advisors fully embraced the notion that it's wrong to try to impose your values on others. That was an amazing message for a show like this. It bought me a tremendous amount of good will for them. They can mess up a bunch of stuff and I will still appreciate them for that. I also liked that the rabbi and priest had different opinions on one of Chips "is that theft?" examples.

I laughed when the priest was flattered to be described as average looking. I wish I could remember the names of the priest and the rabbi. I actually can't remember the name of any character except Chip and his wife, Leslie. Usually after this many episodes, I'll catch that info and retain it.

• Love 2

Holy moly, this show is bad.

The Good Place pulls off being a comedy about ethics.  This show, at least the two times I have seen it, fails.  Somehow, it seems even less realistic than the fantastical Good Place.

• Love 2