Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Ho, Ho, Ho 2018.07.12

• Start Topic

Whitney’s relationship with his mother is so painfully formal, for mother and son. 

“You look fantastic, Whitney.” 

“Why thank you Mother, you look splendid as well.” 

LOL these southern WASPs come from a different world!! 

• Love 11
On 7/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, Megan said:

Why is it so brightly lit?

Production makes all scenes be brightly lit bc you can’t get good footage in a darkly lit place. 

On 7/12/2018 at 10:58 PM, Gem 10 said:

My husband likes Katherine and Shep together.  I told him, “no way would his parents ever approve of that”.  Then I thought, why not, she’s a descendent of Calhoun.  She’s somebody pretty important also.  What family has more money?  Sheps or Katherine’s?

Umm, Shep, by far!

On 7/12/2018 at 11:49 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

I haven't finished the episode but something seems off about Kathryn at Patricia's dinner. Her way of speaking her eyes....I thought she maybe had a few drinks, idk. she didn't seem like the same Kathryn I've seen all season. 

A leopard doesn’t change its spots, Kathryn’s always been irrational and volatile. 

On 7/13/2018 at 12:01 AM, KLJ said:

What was the testimony that Snowden supposedly lied about?   

I think Naomi is still very angry because Craig is good at playing a lovable goof while behind closed doors he was a lying nightmare. As someone who has wasted time with such a person, I was definitely bitter that most people couldn’t understand why we ended things.  And that’s without having to see that person to film for a tv show.  Hard to find closure that way. 

I get that she’s angry with him, but she shoulda ended things far sooner, imo, instead of badgering him the way she did. 

On 7/13/2018 at 1:15 AM, biakbiak said:

No she just clicked a box on his contact list to share his location with her. I am not suggesting it’s cool for her to keep it after they had broken up but it’s not some spy software and he could easily uncheck it. 

If you’re under the same phone plan as someone, you can track them a different way, if your account is the master account. 

On 7/13/2018 at 8:54 AM, RedDelicious said:

Why should anyone tiptoe around Craig though?  He needs someone to knock some sense into him and be dead honest.  The wine he gave Cam was totally old and sour.

People have been being “dead honest” with him for years and it gets nowhere. Hey are wasting their breathe. it’s up to him to get his shit together. 

16 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Maybe she didn't lie,  but it does sound as if she slept with TRav while still being a friend and confidant to Kathryn.  Maybe not "a lie", but it is shady as hell. Especially if Katherine opened up to her,  believing her to be a friend,  only to find out that Jennifer would use it against her in court. 

I don't know exactly what happened,  but just reading between the lines,  it does seem like Jennifer isn't quite as innocent as she likes to portray. 

She slept with him before her and Katherine became good friends. 

As for the gold-digger thing, I don’t think that’s the only reason Ashley stays. With her looks, trust, she can find another man if she wants to. I think she likes the money, but it’s more that she’s invested so much in the relationship, moved across country, etc. she doesn’t wanna just throw in the towel yet. 

• Love 2

Men in fur coats are so wrong for so many reasons, but especially short, fat men. He looked hilariously terrible. What a fool. 

I thought Patricia was wearing some sort of smock/coverup over her real gown, and was going to be changing in a private room. What the hell did she have on?? I think that was the worst look I've ever seen on any show...

• Love 15
(edited)
On 7/13/2018 at 1:03 AM, zenme said:

Well, JSno certainly speaks up when she feels someone is being wronged, and I can appreciate that. She did that for Kathryn a couple of seasons ago, and was in her corner against a formidable opponent, Thomas. Now she's in Ashley's corner in her defense against spreading of rumors. Whether it's true or not, I can admire that she feels someone's being wronged and stepped in. 

Austen, shut up. Jennifer wasn't accusing your sister of anything, but pointing out that you wouldn't like someone spreading gossip about someone you love.

I'm beginning to see Austin as the little weasel he is. He's really irritating the crap out of me this season...running up to TRav all breathless and shit, to get his moment to reveal some juicy gossip....ugh! With such excited, shiny eyes and uncontrollable grins, he's tacky and distasteful and very basic. I feel that a real, strong man wouldn't act like that. I'm remembering now how excitedly he was retelling the story about dumping his then-girlfriend, after she threw her drink at him. He loves juicy gossip. He seems extra immature to me, and acts like a sorority girl. I don't like him. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I'm beginning to see Austin as the little weasel he is. He's really irritating the crap out of me this season...running up to TRav all breathless and shit, to get his moment to reveal some juicy gossip....ugh! With such excitemed, shiny eyes and uncontrollable grins, he's tacky and distasteful and very basic. I feel like a real, strong man wouldn't act like that. I don't like him. 

Totally agree. I really dislike this word for so many reasons, but I will suspend that thought for a moment because I think it's a word that describes Austen. He's a pussy. There. I said it.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Whitney’s relationship with his mother is so painfully formal, for mother and son. 

“You look fantastic, Whitney.” 

“Why thank you Mother, you look splendid as well.” 

LOL these southern WASPs come from a different world!! 

I think they are full of shit and put that on for the cameras. Patricia is just trash that married well and divorced better. She may actually be below Katherine. Who knows how many successful divorces Katherine has in her future...she may be putting on cheap, stupid balls, where she bullies a bunch of 20-year-olds, 40 years from now.

• Love 11

I like and admire Patricia. She earned her masters degree at a time when it wasn't as common for women to go to college or complete their degrees because they got married and started families. She worked and ran society circles. That certainly gives one access to higher quality men than one might find at Republic in Charleston ?She's intelligent, cultured and she married well. She seems to have a good relationship with Whitney's father. I say good for her ?

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I like and admire Patricia. She earned her masters degree at a time when it wasn't as common for women to go to college or complete their degrees because they got married and started families. She worked and ran society circles. That certainly gives one access to higher quality men than one might find at Republic in Charleston ?She's intelligent, cultured and she married well. She seems to have a good relationship with Whitney's father. I say good for her ?

Ok, you talked me into it. She's alright. Maybe her background is not "trash", as I've said, more like "ordinary", not that there's anything wrong with ordinary. She's not royalty but acts as if. I just get the feeling that she wants to be seen as some blue blood aristocrat, but is really just a commoner who got her money from an ex husband, not family money. And now sits upon high and passes judgement...that irks me. I don't like it when people pretend they are something they're not.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Men in fur coats are so wrong for so many reasons, but especially short, fat men. He looked hilariously terrible. What a fool. 

I thought Patricia was wearing some sort of smock/coverup over her real gown, and was going to be changing in a private room. What the hell did she have on?? I think that was the worst look I've ever seen on any show...

Looks like the caftan started off plain.  Then they gave it some baubles around the neck, then they threw some green stuff up the sides.  When they stopped, it looked like shit.  I’m surprised that she ok’d it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

I think they are full of shit and put that on for the cameras. Patricia is just trash that married well and divorced better. She may actually be below Katherine. Who knows how many successful divorces Katherine has in her future...she may be putting on cheap, stupid balls, where she bullies a bunch of 20-year-olds, 40 years from now.

Ha.  They are trying to imitate British Royalty. Lol.  She’s like a lot of other women.  She went to good schools and got her MBA and was an art dealer or something.  She made up her mind to always marry rich and live the good life.  Acquired money from divorces and moved from N.Y. To the south.  Her book is interesting.  The library has it.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I'm beginning to see Austin as the little weasel he is. He's really irritating the crap out of me this season...running up to TRav all breathless and shit, to get his moment to reveal some juicy gossip....ugh! With such excited, shiny eyes and uncontrollable grins, he's tacky and distasteful and very basic. I feel that a real, strong man wouldn't act like that. I'm remembering now how excitedly he was retelling the story about dumping his then-girlfriend, after she threw her drink at him. He loves juicy gossip. He seems extra immature to me, and acts like a sorority girl. I don't like him. 

I’m with you.  He comes out of nowhere, mooches off Chelsea, doesn’t work, gets money from the parents to start a beer business, which he only contributes maybe one ingredient, and continuously goes to bars and drink beers.  Why Chelsea even likes him, I have no idea.  He’s a moocher, riding on everyone’s coattails.  I hope T-Rav and him take a hike after this season.  Oh, and Ashley too.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Honestly I think Thomas is a lot to blame for this, bc he is so 2-faced, he tells Kathryn one thing and Ashley another. 

Ashley’s apology was not sincere, tho, she’d just been talking shit about Kathryn earlier that night. 

Kathryn was right about one thing, tho - “if she threatened me, she’ll threaten you.” 

My guess is, Ashley has already threatened Thomas behind closed doors, no camera.  That’s why they are still together, I’ll wager.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Imhere said:

I wonder what Ashley could have on Trav that isn't already a rumor or allegation?

I wonder too. She has stuff on Kathryn also. Kathryn looked truly shell shocked after Ashley attacked her, threatening her with exposing information. She (K) could barely  talk to Dani afterwards, she was so upset. Ashley legitimately scared Kathryn which makes me wonder what other skeletons are in Kathryn and Thomas’ closets. 

That said, Ashley is pure EVIL. Seems like a sociopath to me; severe personality disorder of some kind. She is a disgusting piece of shit. Kensie and Saint have many bad influences around sadly. 

Why don’t Craig’s parents try to get him back to Delaware again? I think he is mentally unwell. He is one weird guy. 

Cameran, always so perfect. Just once I wish she would commit a giant faux pas and everyone would be talking shit about her. I always liked her but she grates at times, always above it all. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Sage47 said:

Cameran, always so perfect. Just once I wish she would commit a giant faux pas and everyone would be talking shit about her.

You must have missed the episode when she fell ass in the air into a bush from being so drunk. I think pink flamingos were involved.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Has Craig ever explained exactly what he did to his hand? That’s one weird brace he wears.

He stabbed a wall with a butter knife and cut a tendon so had to have surgery.

Just now, Gam2 said:

How does Craig support himself? Does he have a job?

The show.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He stabbed a wall with a butter knife and cut a tendon so had to have surgery.

The show.

He stabbed a wall with a butter knife? What the hell was he thinking?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Imhere said:

I thought Craig has a rental property too that he makes income from?

Who knows his plan was to remodel the place before he rented it out and we have seen how he follows through on things. 

• Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

How does Craig support himself? Does he have a job?

The show is his job.  Craig does not look good.  I don’t care how old he is.  If I were his Mother, I would go down there when filming is finished and drag him home and see what’s up with him.  He looks depressed and has no direction.  Drinking and hanging out with this bunch is doing him no favors.  He needs a good check up, mentally and physically.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 5

I know he’s on this show but I was curious if he was actually working at a law firm, sewing pillow covers for some business or anything actually productive. I do agree that he’s not well, physically or mentally. He seems lost in a sad way. If he were our son, we’d go get him and get him some help. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I know he’s on this show but I was curious if he was actually working at a law firm, sewing pillow covers for some business or anything actually productive. I do agree that he’s not well, physically or mentally. He seems lost in a sad way. If he were our son, we’d go get him and get him some help. 

I don't believe the pillow story is anything more than that; a story.  He has mentioned wanting to do pro bono work, but I don't know if that is happening or if he's just flapping his gums.  I can sort of see how the filming schedule could interfere with working for a law firm, so perhaps for now anyway, he has weighed the income opportunity and Bravo has won out.  It would behoove him to get involved with the legal profession in some way, to keep abreast of things until the day comes that Bravo stops calling.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

I wonder too. She has stuff on Kathryn also. Kathryn looked truly shell shocked after Ashley attacked her, threatening her with exposing information. She (K) could barely  talk to Dani afterwards, she was so upset. Ashley legitimately scared Kathryn which makes me wonder what other skeletons are in Kathryn and Thomas’ closets. 

Someone threatening you is frightening, even if you don't have hurtful skeletons in your closet. It shows the depth of their hatred for you.  

Keep in mind that this was filmed during the one year phased custody agreement.  Kathryn was already dealing with Thomas and the random alcohol/drugs tests. Now she has some unhinged girlfriend threatening her, on camera no less. I would be frightened too.  I wonder how much the cast knew or had heard about the situation with Luzanne Otte?

Also, I find it hard to believe that Snowden hadn't heard about Thomas' new girlfriend and her behavior on the trip to Hilton Head. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I can sort of see how the filming schedule could interfere with working for a law firm, so perhaps for now anyway, he has weighed the income opportunity and Bravo has won out.  It would behoove him to get involved with the legal profession in some way, to keep abreast of things until the day comes that Bravo stops calling.

Based on everything we have seen I imagine it’s the work, the hours, and the (horror!) nonabitrary deadlines required of a first year associate, particularly one from a shorty law school is much more of a deterrent for him than filming.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

You must have missed the episode when she fell ass in the air into a bush from being so drunk. I think pink flamingos were involved.

Eh, she was still adorable drunk. :) That wasn’t scandalous. I guess she just really is that perfect in life, must be fun. 

29 minutes ago, snarts said:

Someone threatening you is frightening, even if you don't have hurtful skeletons in your closet. It shows the depth of their hatred for you.  

Keep in mind that this was filmed during the one year phased custody agreement.  Kathryn was already dealing with Thomas and the random alcohol/drugs tests. Now she has some unhinged girlfriend threatening her, on camera no less. I would be frightened too.  I wonder how much the cast knew or had heard about the situation with Luzanne Otte?

Also, I find it hard to believe that Snowden hadn't heard about Thomas' new girlfriend and her behavior on the trip to Hilton Head. 

That’s true. Ashley is a lowlife scumbag. Since Kathryn is really trying now, she needs support, not threats. 

I do remember Thomas and Kathryn fighting on one reunion about his hookup with a hooker who was a lesbian-something like that? I felt so embarrassed for their kids in that moment. They definitely do have many skeletons. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I agree that he seems to need a parental intervention. Remember how he lied to everyone including his parents about finishing law school? I’m sure he would do a good snow job on them and claim that the way he looks on camera is just part of the show and that he’s doing just fine in real life.

Besides being on the show he does promotional appearances for which he gets paid I assume. And he does some charity work. But I don’t think he has enough to do to keep himself productively occupied in a healthy way. He certainly could clean up and organize his house and then hire a cleaning service to maintain it.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2018 at 9:34 AM, Gem 10 said:

I read that T-Rav won’t be at the reunion or be back next season.  I’m sure Ashley is done here, and will probably look for another gig on another show, if they want her.  This is just what I read, so one never knows for sure.

No T-Rav or Ashley at the reunion - possibly.  IMO it will be a dull reunion then ??

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I was giving Kathryn high marks until she started swearing and stooping to Ashley's level. I understand her anger though. Ashley was goading her to such an extent it was ridiculous. It does make me wonder if Ashley is playing a role. Thomas acts like he can barely tolerate her. Nearly all the others can't stand her. Why would she remain in such a toxic environment? Is she that money hungry? I don't care how many clothes she buys or what luxury car she is driving. None of that will give her inner peace. I'm beginning to understand why she's gotten so thin. 

Sometimes I wonder if Kathryn is playing a role.  Last season, or the season before she was screaming and swearing at Landon, accusing her of sleeping with Thomas; she has accused Jennifer of sleeping with Thomas.  Every season it's all about Kathryn getting into a fight with some other woman that Thomas is connected to. 

Sometimes I think Kathryn might still be carrying a torch for Thomas, and if he asked her to marry him, she'd say yes. (she'd tell us it's for the kids, but she'd say yes anyway)

• Love 7

I don't think I'd call Patricia a commoner-her father was a doctor in Richmond, VA and she went to private schools and then married well - 3 times.  I don't think she grew up as wealthy as she is now, but I don't think she came from a trailer park and she just landed in a pile of cash.

I do think Kathryn is playing a role-I think the kabuki like make up is part of it. I think she's not as dumb as she appears-she seems to be getting the most out of this show as far as stardom, clothes, trips, sponsorships. I also wonder if the pivot to Kathryn-Shep has anything to do with TRav's legal troubles, him possibly not being on the show next season-now Kathryn already has a new storyline set up without TRav in the picture. But I am cynical about how much of reality tv is real vs produced.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I dont think that gives one access to higher quality men, I think it gives one access to men with richer daddies and fatter wallets. Someone can be 'poor' (comparatively speaking) and still be a quality person. Money does not, IMO, equal quality.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Production makes all scenes be brightly lit bc you can’t get good footage in a darkly lit place. 

Point being, it wasn't an actual ball. It was some goofy production set up.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't believe the pillow story is anything more than that; a story.  He has mentioned wanting to do pro bono work, but I don't know if that is happening or if he's just flapping his gums.  I can sort of see how the filming schedule could interfere with working for a law firm, so perhaps for now anyway, he has weighed the income opportunity and Bravo has won out.  It would behoove him to get involved with the legal profession in some way, to keep abreast of things until the day comes that Bravo stops calling.

He has to have a story line.  He’s not lawyering — not that that would be interesting TV, even if they could film inside a law firm office.

His relationship drama was kind of over but Bravo tried to pick at any wounds.  Next season, he might have to pretend to be dating some fame whore willing to play the role.

Pillow thing is stupid by itself but it served as a source of friction with Naomie last season.  They tried to get Pat involved but Craig really didn’t have anything.  He sewed last season to procrastinate from doing more serious things.

If he wasn’t OG and a younger member of the cast, he might be gone.  They’ll probably pair him up with another reality show cast reject, like they tried to recycle Peyton on this show.  He could easily pretend to date one of the groupies but that may be Austen’s gig next season.

Hell he might as well do his own whiskey.  Can’t be worse than Gentry whiskey or Austen IPA.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Sometimes I wonder if Kathryn is playing a role.  Last season, or the season before she was screaming and swearing at Landon, accusing her of sleeping with Thomas; she has accused Jennifer of sleeping with Thomas.  Every season it's all about Kathryn getting into a fight with some other woman that Thomas is connected to. 

Sometimes I think Kathryn might still be carrying a torch for Thomas, and if he asked her to marry him, she'd say yes. (she'd tell us it's for the kids, but she'd say yes anyway)

Maybe not carrying a torch so much as she sees him as the solution to her problems, mainly financial security and a better living situation.

Her TV show money is uncertain.  Who knows how long that might last.  So she probably sees Thomas as the easy way out, probably still remembers those promises he made her.

So these other women are blocking her from getting rid of her money problems.  Does she want a better life for her kids, like having money to provide for their education and so forth?  I wonder where those priorities lie relative to things she want for herself.

She may not be actively looking to date someone else because finding someone being a single mother is difficult.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I dont think that gives one access to higher quality men, I think it gives one access to men with richer daddies and fatter wallets. Someone can be 'poor' (comparatively speaking) and still be a quality person. Money does not, IMO, equal quality.

That is true. By quality and with regard to Patricia, I meant men who shared similar interests in art and culture. 

Neither one of my parents came from money. And they had no money when they were young and newly married. Neither went to college. But they wanted a better life than what they came from. They learned etiquette/proper form, worked their asses off and instilled a strong work ethic in me and in my siblings. They raised us to do better. I won't settle for someone I meet in a bar, like an Austen or a Shep (and he comes from money). Might explain why I'm a spinster, but I'm a spinster with a big fat bank account that I earned myself. I won't settle for less than someone who shares my ideals.

• Love 9
(edited)

I like Bella so far - more please, Bravo.

Also, Ashley is a gaslighting, lying, manipulative sociopath - no thanks, Bravo.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

Thomas appears to have swung by the mall and hit Things Remembered for his gift for Ashley.

They did such a half ass job decorating the lobby, there were giant holes in the lights on the tree, about 7 ornaments in total,and then they just hung up the plastic potted poinsettias from the grocery store?  The whole place had the feel of a piano recital rather than a gala ball.  

• Love 16
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:49 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

I haven't finished the episode but something seems off about Kathryn at Patricia's dinner. Her way of speaking her eyes....I thought she maybe had a few drinks, idk. she didn't seem like the same Kathryn I've seen all season. 

I agree, she looked wasted.

• Love 3
On 7/15/2018 at 8:09 AM, VedaPierce said:

Honestly, I don’t know how much of it is an act. I have a good friend from the Charleston area of SC and she said that, in a nutshell, is southern aristocrats, especially older ones. That is southern WASPs, especially older ones. Very stiff and proper when the interaction is not with their peer group (mother-son, etc). 

Keep in mind, Patricia is 77 and Whitney is almost 50. So they are both a bit older. 

I wouldn’t say Patricia bullied Katherine. Just because she didn’t immediately decide Katherine was a changed woman bc she didn’t flip out like a crazy person when something went wrong (for once) doesn’t mean she bullied her. I hardly saw any bullying tbh. What I saw was a woman who didn’t want Katherine to come to her events. That’s it! She didn’t tell other cast members not to be friends with her, she didn’t tell her son not to, she just didn’t want to deal with the drama of Katherine at her own events. Honestly I’m a bit hesitant to jump on the whole “Katherine has changed!” bandwagon myself. 

Pat was nice enough to give Craig and opportunity with the pillows, nice enough to lend Cameron Michael for the day, etc. she seems like someone who wants to help those she likes. 

She’s just older and old-school, didn’t care for Katherine’s craziness. Patricia may or may not come from money, I have no idea, but I doubt she behaved like Katherine has in the past, flipping people off at parties, screaming at people to fall on a knife, chasing Thomas down the goddamn dock after an argument, getting angry with her good friend because her ex gave her a tissue, etc. 

Sorry, but until Katherine is able to own her own shitty actions and behavior, I don’t buy she’s changed. I believe she seems less volatile now only bc she’s not with Thomas anymore, so she’s not around him as much. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Heathrowe said:

I don't think I'd call Patricia a commoner-her father was a doctor in Richmond, VA and she went to private schools and then married well - 3 times.  I don't think she grew up as wealthy as she is now, but I don't think she came from a trailer park and she just landed in a pile of cash.

I do think Kathryn is playing a role-I think the kabuki like make up is part of it. I think she's not as dumb as she appears-she seems to be getting the most out of this show as far as stardom, clothes, trips, sponsorships. I also wonder if the pivot to Kathryn-Shep has anything to do with TRav's legal troubles, him possibly not being on the show next season-now Kathryn already has a new storyline set up without TRav in the picture. But I am cynical about how much of reality tv is real vs produced.

Patricia is highly educated - and smart.  So is Whitney.  Neither are slackers.  The bulk of Patricia's money likely came from spouses but she probably did just fine on her own.  Same for Whitney thanks to Southern Charm, anyway.

About Patricia:

ltschul was born Madelyn Dey in Jacksonville, Florida in 1941 and grew up in Richmond, Virginia. Her parents were Francis Pearl Sudler Dey and Walter Pettus Dey, a medical doctor who graduated from the University of Alabama and received a medical degree from Tulane University in 1967.[8] Patricia was educated at Marymount School, Olney Friends School, and George Washington University, where she obtained a bachelor's degree magna cum laude in 1964 and then a master's degree in 1965, both in art history and archaeology. She was a lecturer in art history at George Washington University and lived for many years in Georgetown, where she later owned and ran Arcadia, a private art dealership that handled major paintings by such artists as Georgia O'Keeffe, Martin Johnson Heade,[9] Frederick Church, and Winslow Homer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Altschul

About Whitney:

He graduated from Georgetown Day School and George Washington University, and studied at Oxford University and the Alliance Française in Paris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Sudler-Smith

• Love 3

Some of the typical old monied types and social circles that Patricia moves within are likely aghast over her semi-involvement in this show, but she’s said from the get-go that she only did it for Whitney and always wants to support his endeavors. She’s extremely proud of him and he’s obviously always had a wacky, creative streak, so I don’t doubt their strong family lineage or class—-both are extremely well-educated, well-traveled and well-spoken, so they obviously know how to properly conduct themselves within all sorts of situations and respectable company.

It reminds me of a known elder Southern society lady here in my city with an interesting, creative single son whom I know, and they’re like the spirit animals of Patricia and Whitney. They’re both just a little older than Pat and Whit, but she’s a respected style maven, mansion-dweller and socialite a’la Patricia, and he’s a single musician/photographer whom everyone assumes is gay because he’s also into fashion and the arts and traveling the world hanging out with younger gals who may or may not act as his beards. So if they ever decide to do a SC Nashville, I’ve got the hookup for those casting directors!

• Love 12
(edited)
On 7/13/2018 at 5:03 PM, Neurochick said:

I bet Kathryn wouldn't have had two children with a poor man, and I bet she really wanted to become Thomas' wife (ugh, why?) or maybe just his concubine.

I'm a Kathryn fan but it was SOOOOO obviously on season 1 (when I didn't like her) that she was trying to 1. Get on the show 2. Get on the show by hooking up with any of the guys that had money.  She went after Whitney, Shepp and Thomas. The only one she stayed away from was Craig and I've always thought it was because he didn't have money. 

On 7/15/2018 at 10:52 AM, Imhere said:

I thought Craig has a rental property too that he makes income from?

He did have that house he bought when he was with Naomie. I think she was pissed he bought it.  So it's possibly he might still have the property.  

Craig definitely has some issues - especially if he's admitting that he's a good liar. However I don't think being on the show helps him at all because right now he doesn't NEED to do anything. He's getting paid, probably has more than enough to live off of. He either thinks he needs these weird storylines or he's being told he needs a storyline.   I think if I were in his spot I'm not sure I would be any more motivated than him.  Maybe Craig just needs to a find a wife, have a kid and be a stay at home dad lol 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 4
On 15/07/2018 at 11:12 AM, Gam2 said:

I read this too quickly and thought you were suggesting he might be making pillow covers for a law firm.  Which might be exactly his perfect niche job.  :) 

• Love 5