Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Ho, Ho, Ho 2018.07.12

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

As for Thomas and Ashley, I have to think he either confessed some illegal sin(s) to her and she’s blackmailing him, or he did something to her and she’s blackmailing him. Otherwise he’s flat-out nuts to keep her around.

I kind of wondered (eeeek) if maybe she got pregnant and now she's not. Maybe not a procedural situation but maybe uh, a pharmaceutical one? ?Although with her weight so low she might not have her cycle anymore. Her dress was sliding off her last night. On Instagram it looked pretty but at the ball it was crumpling around her waist.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Schippmom said:

"Thomas Ravenel – who currently looks like a chainsaw carving of himself."

I am mesmerized by that guy's blank mug. Couldn't figure out what he reminded me of - Mystery Solved. 

Thanks Dustin.

• Love 13

Well heck,  if I were invited to attend a 'ball' hosted by a person who didn't invite me to anything for five years and I had to go as part of my job, I'd take a xanax too if I had one.  Kat's comment about receiving the invite and thinking it was a subpoena - priceless. 

Add to that, my kids dad was going to be there with his psycho girlfriend....

Normally, I don't care for many of Kat's fashion choices but she did look very elegant at the ball...except for the hair but the gown was gorgeous. 

• Love 18
(edited)

I wonder with the FaceTime and that he is much more present on Cam’s Instagram if Jason is going to show up next season. I hope so just because his and Elvis romance cracks me the hell up.

1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

except for the hair

And the spray tan stains.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, jumper sage said:

So what's wrong with that?

Well ,you're asking a Coloradan, so I'd personally say "nothing wrong with that".  But then again, I personally don't have a custody arrangement that is dependent on a clean drug screen.  So I'd assume her milage varies. 

• Love 9

It's the last episode of the season and I FINALLY got caught up to watch it when it actually aired.  I was on season 3 a month ago.

Shep, Kathyrn, Austen and Chelsie were all very cute and fun.  Kathryn may have some sort of big name down in Charleston but she is obviously not a society girl from her behavior tonight. Also, she needed to be smoking with a cigarette holder and not directly holding her cigarette with the gloves.  After all the gloves this season I've decided in my bucket list I'm adding that I need to have or attend an event where I can wear gloves. 

I like how Ashley immediately recanted on any apology when Kathryn was blunt with her.   

• Love 5
16 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

There is something so off about Craig . . . that non stop lying . . . convoluting every conversation . . . greasy hair . . . unlivable housing conditions . . . inability to focus on any single task . . .  Something pretty serious seems to be going on.  Substance abuses? Mental illness?   Idk, but something. 

I suspect Niaome is still in shellshock from her time with him.  Serious, real "gaslighting" type of abuse has horrible consequences on the victims.  You are in a full out fight in one minute with your partner escalating craziness, and the next minute when someone else enters the room, the person "gaslighting" you changes on a dime . . . you are left sputtering, angry . . . coming across as unreasonable and bitchy.

It's all so confusing and makes you unstable and untrusting.  It leaves you looking over your shoulder ready for the next attack.  It leaves you in a constant state of "fight or flight" that stresses you immune system, and heightens your defenses.  It can make you seem like the crazy one.

AND, it leaves you questioning your sanity.

I'm not saying Craig means to be a horrible, abusive person.  Like I said, there is something really off there.  Maybe it's mental illness.  If it is, he has my sympathy.

But just because someone doesn't mean to be abusive, doesn't mean they are not.  Just lying alone is abusive behavior.  I wonder what else went on in their relationship.

(I'm probably reading too much into this.  Something about Niaome last night reminded me of my younger self when I was just out of a horribly abusive relationship.  My bf would be threatening suicide ten minutes before we were expecting to entertain guests.  And when the first person would arrive, he was a bumbling, loving sort.  I was always on edge.  His friends thought I was a bitch.  It was just a horrible, horrible time.  And it took me years to get over it.  To this day, I have no idea what the underlying issues actually were with this bf.  I don't know, but watchin Craig gives me scary flashbacks.)

It is possible that Craig was a gaslighting monster and Naomi the innocent victim caught in his dysfunctional snares. It’s also possible that they both contributed equally to the poor health of their relationship (my personal theory). The truth is that none of us really knows what happens in another couples’ relationship behind closed doors (or when the cameras are off!).  So of course we, as viewers, speculate because ... well, it’s human nature and - we can! 

But this season I’m judging them on their post breakup relationship. And based on that, I don’t personally get them sense that Naomi was emotionally abused by Craig. To me, tracking him on his phone, verbally berating him in public, and making statement like “I’ll want to kill you the next girl he dates and her extended family” don’t track with that. I think her “shocked” demeanor at the balll was that he dared to show up with a date instead of remaining eternally single and pining for her. But just my $.02!

Some couples, sadly, bring out the worst in each other and that certainly seemed to be the case with these two. Best for everybody that they’ve moved on!

• Love 23

Kathryn beckoning for Thomas to 'please come here' then touching him in full view of Ashley was wrong.  I say this as an actual step-mom who fully understands the dynamic that exists between baby momma and daddy.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, arejay said:

Kathryn beckoning for Thomas to 'please come here' then touching him in full view of Ashley was wrong.  I say this as an actual step-mom who fully understands the dynamic that exists between baby momma and daddy.  

Yes. I saw this as a show to Ashley that Thomas still has the big pants for Kathryn.

• Love 15
On 7/12/2018 at 11:03 PM, zenme said:

Well, JSno certainly speaks up when she feels someone is being wronged, and I can appreciate that. She did that for Kathryn a couple of seasons ago, and was in her corner against a formidable opponent, Thomas. Now she's in Ashley's corner in her defense against spreading of rumors. Whether it's true or not, I can admire that she feels someone's being wronged and stepped in. 

Austen, shut up. Jennifer wasn't accusing your sister of anything, but pointing out that you wouldn't like someone spreading gossip about someone you love.

I follow Jennifer on Twitter and she said when she filmed this that she had no idea how Ashley had behaved earlier in the season, so she was indeed standing up for a person she felt was being treated harshly. Jennifer says she was invited to film at the ball and so she did. She watched the previous events unfold episode by episode just as we did. It’s hard to know what to believe on these “reality” shows, and I haven’t yet seen the episode, so will watch and then decide how I feel about her actions. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Re:  Cameran's husband Jason only appearing on Instagram or in that FaceTime video:  Cameran said on WWHL that while Jason absolutely does not want to be part of the show, he loves watching it, and that he hangs out with all of them, just off camera.  

Think about it:  he truly has a real job (anesthesiologist), possibly the only male there with an actual profession.  Plus, he's more of a stay-at-home dad, suburban type.  He doesn't want to participate in the televised drama, but he loves watching it.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I follow Jennifer on Twitter and she said when she filmed this that she had no idea how Ashley had behaved earlier in the season, so she was indeed standing up for a person she felt was being treated harshly. Jennifer says she was invited to film at the ball and so she did. She watched the previous events unfold episode by episode just as we did. It’s hard to know what to believe on these “reality” shows, and I haven’t yet seen the episode, so will watch and then decide how I feel about her actions. 

Yes. It seemed to me that she had no idea what went on, but I still feel like even if she had, she'd still call out Austen for spreading rumors. I like that about her, because with Jennifer, it seems that what's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Re:  Cameran's husband Jason only appearing on Instagram or in that FaceTime video:  Cameran said on WWHL that while Jason absolutely does not want to be part of the show, he loves watching it, and that he hangs out with all of them, just off camera.  

Think about it:  he truly has a real job (anesthesiologist), possibly the only male there with an actual profession.  Plus, he's more of a stay-at-home dad, suburban type.  He doesn't want to participate in the televised drama, but he loves watching it.

I think that's very wise. I also watch Married to Medicine, and there are a couple of those doctors that I wouldn't visit just from watching their antics on their show. 

• Love 18

We will never find out what Jennifer actually said under oath at Kathryn's custody hearing, so we don't know if it was lies (according to Kathryn) or true observations (according to Jennifer).  We do know that Jennifer slept with Thomas after he & Kathryn split up, which is so against girl code.  It's possible that Jennifer was making a play for T-Rav money, as she had her own child with expenses related to unfortunate health circumstances.

I'm sure Bravo invited Jennifer to the ball to stir up drama.  

Notice they had her seated right next to Ashley.  

Did anyone else notice the place cards which were so tackily written in some producer's bad handwriting, not elegant calligraphy that a true ball would have?

• Love 6

But we do know Kathryn lies. I can't really recall JSno lying. She didn't deny she'd slept with Thomas at some point, but did say she wouldn't speak about sleeping with someone publicly, so we are to assume she did. Otherwise, she'd have just said "No. I didn't sleep with him."

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

We will never find out what Jennifer actually said under oath at Kathryn's custody hearing, so we don't know if it was lies (according to Kathryn) or true observations (according to Jennifer).  We do know that Jennifer slept with Thomas after he & Kathryn split up, which is so against girl code.  It's possible that Jennifer was making a play for T-Rav money, as she had her own child with expenses related to unfortunate health circumstances.

Did anyone else notice the place cards which were so tackily written in some producer's bad handwriting, not elegant calligraphy that a true ball would have?

I don’t know that Jennifer slept with Thomas - how do you know?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

We do not “know” that Jennifer slept with Thomas. We only know that Kathryn said they did. Not the same thing. 

As far as I know, Jennifer is with the father of her kids, and has been for years. Not likely she made any plays for Thomas while she’s in a committed relationship. 

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, zenme said:

But we do know Kathryn lies. I can't really recall JSno lying. She didn't deny she'd slept with Thomas at some point, but did say she wouldn't speak about sleeping with someone publicly, so we are to assume she did. Otherwise, she'd have just said "No. I didn't sleep with him."

Maybe she didn't lie,  but it does sound as if she slept with TRav while still being a friend and confidant to Kathryn.  Maybe not "a lie", but it is shady as hell. Especially if Katherine opened up to her,  believing her to be a friend,  only to find out that Jennifer would use it against her in court. 

I don't know exactly what happened,  but just reading between the lines,  it does seem like Jennifer isn't quite as innocent as she likes to portray. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

but it does sound as if she slept with TRav while still being a friend and confidant to Kathryn.  Maybe not "a lie", but it is shady as hell.

They both have denied that happened. She has been with the father of her child, a good friend of Thomas’s, for 10 to 15 years.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm having a hard time with girl code. I agree.  But then?

Trav, Whitney, Shep, but not Craig because he made no moves......My understanding is several Shep hook ups in between Thomas pregnancies.

Sex.  So hormonal.  So "There are rules until there aren't".

Please understand, I'm not condemning either way.  More pondering.   I've got a leg on either side of the fence and right now I'm content to see both sides.  Maybe someone will give me a hard push and I'll pick a field.

Also, if Monica Lewinsky's mom had to testify about her daughter in a court of law, then Jennifer had no choice, but to testify, truthfully, to what she was asked.  I think the only situation in which you cannot be compelled to testify, is spousal. 

And I also believe the welfare of children supercedes lying to protect your friend.

But how Thomas' drug use wasn't in play?  That confuses me.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, arejay said:

Totally agree. Wrong on a lot of levels. Manipulative as hell.

Jennifer never slept with Thomas. Manufactured drama for the show. I am casual friends with Jennifer, she has been with Lee for years, long before this show started. Kathryn is constantly looking to stir the pot, so to speak, so that she doesn’t lose her place on the show. Every bit of tabloid fodder is supplied by people who may or may not be telling the truth. The “exclusive story!” Is most often supplied by someone with an agenda.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They both have denied that happened. She has been with the father of her child, a good friend of Thomas’s, for 10 to 15 years.

So,  she dated TRav about 4 years ago (according to her)while she was with her boyfriend of 10-15 years? She is, what,  35? That doesn't sound right. 

Why refuse to answer Andy's question regarding whether they hooked up? If a friend accused me of sleeping with her ex, you better believe I'd shut that DOWN if I was innocent. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

So,  she dated TRav about 4 years ago (according to her)while she was with her boyfriend of 10-15 years? She is, what,  35? That doesn't sound right. 

Why refuse to answer Andy's question regarding whether they hooked up? If a friend accused me of sleeping with her ex, you better believe I'd shut that DOWN if I was innocent. 

She has said repeatedly on SM that she’s never dated or slept with Thomas.

• Love 5
(edited)
35 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm having a hard time with girl code. I agree.  But then?

Trav, Whitney, Shep, but not Craig because he made no moves......My understanding is several Shep hook ups in between Thomas pregnancies.

Sex.  So hormonal.  So "There are rules until there aren't".

Please understand, I'm not condemning either way.  More pondering.   I've got a leg on either side of the fence and right now I'm content to see both sides.  Maybe someone will give me a hard push and I'll pick a field.

Also, if Monica Lewinsky's mom had to testify about her daughter in a court of law, then Jennifer had no choice, but to testify, truthfully, to what she was asked.  I think the only situation in which you cannot be compelled to testify, is spousal. 

And I also believe the welfare of children supercedes lying to protect your friend.

But how Thomas' drug use wasn't in play?  That confuses me.

imo Thomas enjoyed the great benefit of money and power that comes with his name - it’s obvious that his drug use and abusive character were unfairly overlooked.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She has said repeatedly on SM that she’s never dated or slept with Thomas.

She admitted on twitter that they went out 3 times about 5 years ago.  

Article with screenshot:

2016/07/jennifer-snowden-admits-dating-thomas-ravenel/

Tweet from 2016 says she went out with him 3 times 3 years ago.  Weirdest part is she starts by saying she didn't want to. 

• Love 3

It might have been wrong for Kathryn to call Thomas over and touch him but it was sooo right for me because Ashley is a butthead and deserves all the meanness directed at her. 

I think Kathryn's occasionally throwing in a cuss word or doing things like removing her glove with her teeth, or tossing her bag on the table, or asking someone to check her butt paddding is a bit of a self-defense mechanism, and/or her own way of showing she's above it all/just 'keeping it real.'  I know I do it sometimes when I get tired of the fancy schtick and just want to have fun and make people laugh. Chelsea is much smoother example of that behavior though.

• Love 6
(edited)
40 minutes ago, scrb said:

They didn't sleep together.

It shows how vile Kathryn is, spreading that rumor.

Kathryn also accused Landon of sleeping with Thomas, even saying she was crazy if she didn’t - imo Kathryn projects about this; she sees her only power as sexual and assumes others use sex the way she would. (At least in the past - she does seem to have new insights now, with therapy.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Toodleoo said:

I think Kathryn's occasionally throwing in a cuss word or doing things like removing her glove with her teeth, or tossing her bag on the table, or asking someone to check her butt paddding is a bit of a self-defense mechanism, and/or her own way of showing she's above it all/just 'keeping it real.'  I know I do it sometimes when I get tired of the fancy schtick and just want to have fun and make people laugh. Chelsea is much smoother example of that behavior though.

I get it, but it just made Kathryn look like she didn't belong there. Like a kid playing dress-up. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 9:28 PM, cyberfruit said:

Craig & Naomie: Naomie's reaction shows that she's been through some shit with Craig that few are privy to. 

Yep. I think there is a lot more to the story than what we've seen. Craig is a mess and appears to have a drinking/substance abuse problem. He admits he's a liar (which is common behavior for alcoholics, BTW). The state of his apartment was telling, because that's what his life seems like--a mess. Perhaps his drinking was one of the core issues with Naomie. 

I was giving Kathryn high marks until she started swearing and stooping to Ashley's level. I understand her anger though. Ashley was goading her to such an extent it was ridiculous. It does make me wonder if Ashley is playing a role. Thomas acts like he can barely tolerate her. Nearly all the others can't stand her. Why would she remain in such a toxic environment? Is she that money hungry? I don't care how many clothes she buys or what luxury car she is driving. None of that will give her inner peace. I'm beginning to understand why she's gotten so thin. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
JD is insufferable. Why is he on this show?
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Yep. I think there is a lot more to the story than what we've seen. Craig is a mess and appears to have a drinking/substance abuse problem. He admits he's a liar (which is common behavior for alcoholics, BTW). The state of his apartment was telling, because that's what his life seems like--a mess. Perhaps his drinking was one of the core issues with Naomie. 

Craig is an interesting case - sometimes sweet and likeable, sometimes really odd - wish he hadn’t quit going to the life coach; it was just getting good!

• Love 4
On 7/12/2018 at 10:49 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

I haven't finished the episode but something seems off about Kathryn at Patricia's dinner. Her way of speaking her eyes....I thought she maybe had a few drinks, idk. she didn't seem like the same Kathryn I've seen all season. 

I noticed it too. I figured she was over medicated. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, zenme said:

I get it, but it just made Kathryn look like she didn't belong there. Like a kid playing dress-up. 

Which is entirely the point of the behavior.  Expose that you don't belong from the outset, so you beat people to the punch of making fun of you for not belonging.

Edited by Toodleoo
expansion
  • Love 3
On 7/13/2018 at 7:08 AM, Heathrowe said:

The Craig-Cameran scene was weird. Who goes over to someone's house to be rude to them? Ummm, thanks for coming over, Cameran. I do see that Craig is super-frustrating as a friend.

I don't think the show's "scene" was meant to show Cameran visiting Craig to BE rude...it's possible that she was shocked to enter a cluttered pigsty (sorry, pigs).  He uses, creates, breaks, and drops things and just leaves them on the floor.  He serves soured wine in dirty glasses.  I thought she was appalled...and handled it well.  Since she's often cast as the voice of reason, perhaps she was trying to help Craig.

• Love 9

If I went over to a friends house and it was in that condition, I would stage in intervention. Hell I have when my friend got super depressed and was living in a pigsty me and a few friends went over to her apartment when she was out of town and completely cleaned and organized it.

i can’t believe not one but two adults are okay living under those conditions, it’s gross.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, scrb said:

They didn't sleep together.

Isn't that what every guy on Paternity Court starts out by claiming?     (This is just a sarcastic remark...not pointed at any particular Southern Charm character.)

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Judge Chris said:

Agreed.  Loved Katherine's gown last night, but her hair was styled like the Dowager Countess Grantham.  Katherine is stunning but I would really go back to a more natural and flattering hair color.

Really - who thought that hair was a good idea!?

• Love 5
On 7/12/2018 at 9:57 PM, Marcya23 said:

This is my theory on Craig and Naomi.  He admitted that he is a liar.  He showed in his scene with Cameron that he can't stick with one thing.  He can't even commit to a pillow.  I think that he had Naomi snowed.  She loved him and believed in him.  Yes, she's shown that she can be a hella stalker and a bit crazy, but who here hasn't.  I sure as hell have had my moments where I went a bit cuckoo over an ex.  I believe that although she doesn't want to be with him, she is still having a hard time with the break up.  She spent years believing his bullshit.  Yet he is still this lovable goof to everyone.  It has to be exhausting to witness.

Or.... she's just a horrible person and I am totally wrong.

I'm with you. I can't stand Craig.

• Love 2

Really - who thought that hair was a good idea!?

Kathryn looked like she copied her look off of Belle Watling from Gone With The Wind. Honestly, I didn't think anyone looked good, except maybe Chelsea, at Patricia's "ball." Not even Patricia or Cameran.  They all looked over it. BRAVO, too, seeing as they were so cheap with the decor and the food. No steak or seafood seems so down market for a white tie event. It looked like they didn't even finish decorating the tree beforehand. 

Does Thomas have terrible taste in jewelry or what? Is he just testing Ashley? First the ugly bracelet then the locket that I would have liked in 7th grade while I was browsing the jewelry section of the Sears Wish Book.  His gifts look cheap and common; oh, wait. Is he trying to give her a message? 

I think Austin needs to go. He doesn't have enough money and he brings little drama ... I think it should be easy to find a replacement guy to film but please Bravo get someone rich with a big house.  Shep's the only one now who comes from money since TRav will be gone and Whitney is checked out. Maybe add a female with some bucks as well; maybe Kathryn could refer one of her Gwynne's clients.

• Love 9

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but could that party or 'ball' be any brighter?? Doesn't seem like a special, elegant, night when every single light is flipped on high as if the cleaning crew just showed up. Also, why were they all ooing and ahhing at what looked like very mediocre decor in the entrance hall. I've been more impressed with the Macy's perfume department decorations at Christmas. And didn't they have a coat check? So strange to see people in their coats in the main ballroom. Kinda low rent to me.

Ashley is mentally ill.  

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

It is possible that Craig was a gaslighting monster and Naomi the innocent victim caught in his dysfunctional snares. It’s also possible that they both contributed equally to the poor health of their relationship (my personal theory). The truth is that none of us really knows what happens in another couples’ relationship behind closed doors (or when the cameras are off!).  So of course we, as viewers, speculate because ... well, it’s human nature and - we can! 

But this season I’m judging them on their post breakup relationship. And based on that, I don’t personally get them sense that Naomi was emotionally abused by Craig. To me, tracking him on his phone, verbally berating him in public, and making statement like “I’ll want to kill you the next girl he dates and her extended family” don’t track with that. I think her “shocked” demeanor at the balll was that he dared to show up with a date instead of remaining eternally single and pining for her. But just my $.02!

Some couples, sadly, bring out the worst in each other and that certainly seemed to be the case with these two. Best for everybody that they’ve moved on!

Yeah....what keeps me from thinking Naomi is this innocent little victim of Craig's abuses is the way she behaved like a total monster to that poor unicorn the beginning of the season, whose crime was  basically just showing up to a party. I couldn't believe how horrible Naomi was to that poor girl. That's not to say Craig's not a full out wacko, but Naomi can be pretty awful herself.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Sterling said:

If my husband was a part of this crew, I would do exactly the same thing Camron's husband is doing. You couldn't pay me enough to be on camera with all of them. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 10:19 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Kathryn let Ashley get in her head there at the end, but I understand it.  Ashley argues like a schoolyard bully.  I'd want to throat punch her too.

Honestly I think Thomas is a lot to blame for this, bc he is so 2-faced, he tells Kathryn one thing and Ashley another. 

Ashley’s apology was not sincere, tho, she’d just been talking shit about Kathryn earlier that night. 

Kathryn was right about one thing, tho - “if she threatened me, she’ll threaten you.” 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 6