Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

8 hours ago, ABay said:

Why call the character Nancy Drew at all? I would've thought a series based on the books would've had a teenage girl solving mysteries with her friends and a period setting.

Or even a contemporary setting.  And why isn't this being done by the number one Young Adult Network the CW?  I kept trying to figure out how Sarah Shahi fit into a Nancy Drew remake at all - it had never occurred to me she'd be Nancy.  I like this actress but I don't want to see her play grown-up Nancy Drew.

8 hours ago, ABay said:

As someone who read many of the Nancy drew books growing up, I was interested when I read that a series was planned. After reading the description, however, I was...not. Why call the character Nancy Drew at all? I would've thought a series based on the books would've had a teenage girl solving mysteries with her friends and a period setting.

Hmmm..... wouldn't that make Veronica Mars a better Modern Nancy Drew?   (Times have changed.) So, Veronica's dad comes to mind: played by Enrico Colantoni, of course. 

Cara Buono played a hit woman for Samaritan--and was also Faye Miller, psychologist & one of Don Draper's many women on Mad Men

Enver Gjokaj caught everybody's eye on Dollhouse--then played a Russian mobster's son on POI on his way to the recently cancelled Agent Carter.  (snif)

"Til Death" was the POI episode featuring a battling married couple. Played by Mark Pelegrino, instantly recognized as Lucifer on Supernatural.  And Francie Smith, who I thought I remembered from Due South; I was right--she played Luane on "A Likely Story."

Brian Wiles played the ill-fated rookie Mike Laskey on POI--and an adorable Marquis Lafayette on AMC's Turn.  

Why, yes. I've been bingeing (or should it be binging?) POI recently--and replaying my favorite episodes.  And enjoying the New York talent showing up as guests.  (As well as that amazing city scenery.)

Leslie Odom Jr ("Peter Collier" on POI) is up for a Tony as Aaron Burr in Hamilton.  As is Chris Jackson (who had a small role as a security guard), George Washington in that same smash hit....

• Love 3
(edited)
On 05/16/2016 at 1:58 AM, not Bridget said:

Hmmm..... wouldn't that make Veronica Mars a better Modern Nancy Drew?   (Times have changed.) So, Veronica's dad comes to mind: played by Enrico Colantoni, of course.  

What she said.....

Edited by Syme
(edited)

Is it wise to say that the pilot wasn't good, when the producers/directors/writers might be working on future pilots that she is vying for?

Based on the premise, it did sound rather generic, but I was still curious to see her take on the character.

Edited by Camera One
(edited)

Maybe she didn't like working with whoever it was anyway? Not sure how much a bad comment on one show would hurt her much she's done quite a few TV projects now so her reputation good or bad (I'm assuming good because I haven't heard anything bad, the PoI cast/crew at least seems to like her) is probably solid enough.

I'm rewatching the last season of Ray Donovan to get ready for the upcoming one. Boy I wish Sarah's brief role on a season 3 could have been Shaw owning everyone in a fight/confrontation her character had interrupted, Mickey and Ray included. 

Edited by Gigi43
On 5/15/2016 at 4:21 PM, ABay said:

As someone who read many of the Nancy drew books growing up, I was interested when I read that a series was planned. After reading the description, however, I was...not. Why call the character Nancy Drew at all? I would've thought a series based on the books would've had a teenage girl solving mysteries with her friends and a period setting.

I'm wondering if the CBS execs thought since Elementary worked out well using the basis of Sherlock Holmes, then they might have similar success with an "updated" Nancy Drew.

• Love 2

Pretty sure this was mentioned on TWoP, but it needs to be said here.  I was watching The Dark Knight Returns (based on the graphic novel which was a direct to DVD release a while ago.) ME voiced the Joker.  To say he scared me to death with his take is putting it mildly.  It's not for the faith of heart though, that movie was disturbing!

• Love 1
On 6/12/2016 at 2:32 PM, Camera One said:

Is it wise to say that the pilot wasn't good, when the producers/directors/writers might be working on future pilots that she is vying for?

Based on the premise, it did sound rather generic, but I was still curious to see her take on the character.

She has a ridiculous Q score, to the point that they tried to rehabilitate Root with the larger audience by shipping her with Shaw. I think she'll get work.

Taraji P. Henson stars....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/22/movies/hidden-figures-review.html

Hidden Figures’ Honors 3 Black Women Who Helped NASA Soar

“Hidden Figures” takes us back to 1961, when racial segregation and workplace sexism were widely accepted facts of life and the word “computer” referred to a person, not a machine. Though a gigantic IBM mainframe does appear in the movie — big enough to fill a room and probably less powerful than the phone in your pocket — the most important computers are three African-American women who work at NASA headquarters in Hampton, Va. Assigned to data entry jobs and denied recognition or promotion, they would go on to play crucial roles in the American space program.

Based on Margot Lee Shetterly’s nonfiction book of the same title, the film, directed by Theodore Melfi (who wrote the script with Allison Schroeder), turns the entwined careers of Katherine Goble (later Johnson), Mary Jackson and Dorothy Vaughan into a rousing celebration of merit rewarded and perseverance repaid. Like many movies about the overcoming of racism, it offers belated acknowledgment of bravery and talent and an overdue reckoning with the sins of the past. And like most movies about real-world breakthroughs, “Hidden Figures” is content to stay within established conventions. The story may be new to most viewers, but the manner in which it’s told will be familiar to all but the youngest.

I just saw Kevin Chapman in an episode of Sneaky Pete.  He pops up in at least one more episode too.  Really enjoying that series.  Jay O. Sanders also has a recurring role in it.

Edited by benteen
On 5/16/2016 at 6:58 AM, not Bridget said:

Cara Buono played a hit woman for Samaritan--and was also Faye Miller, psychologist & one of Don Draper's many women on Mad Men

Enver Gjokaj caught everybody's eye on Dollhouse--then played a Russian mobster's son on POI on his way to the recently cancelled Agent Carter.  (snif)

"Til Death" was the POI episode featuring a battling married couple. Played by Mark Pelegrino, instantly recognized as Lucifer on Supernatural.  And Francie Smith, who I thought I remembered from Due South; I was right--she played Luane on "A Likely Story."

Brian Wiles played the ill-fated rookie Mike Laskey on POI--and an adorable Marquis Lafayette on AMC's Turn.  

Why, yes. I've been bingeing (or should it be binging?) POI recently--and replaying my favorite episodes.  And enjoying the New York talent showing up as guests.  (As well as that amazing city scenery.)

Leslie Odom Jr ("Peter Collier" on POI) is up for a Tony as Aaron Burr in Hamilton.  As is Chris Jackson (who had a small role as a security guard), George Washington in that same smash hit....

I wondered where I'd see Buono before?!  Loved the feud between her character and Shaw on POI.

On 6/19/2016 at 11:09 PM, Julia said:

She has a ridiculous Q score, to the point that they tried to rehabilitate Root with the larger audience by shipping her with Shaw. I think she'll get work.

Was Root not connecting with a big audience then?  I find that sad as she is one of the best characters on recent television. I like the ship with her and Shaw.  Its done with the power of suggestion, and they have a playful, love to hate sort of chemistry.  Its different that just shipping her with one of the male leads too. Not sure if I like her as much when she's on the good side or not.  But I do like some of the murky areas they explore with the character, like some of things with Finch. 

Michael Emerson was in the X-Files episode Sunshine Days, as well as having a six episode run on legal drama The Practice.

And in a bit of a random one, Shahi made a one off appearance in British sitcom Coupling during the show's third season.

Sara Shahi has been cast as the lead in a new NBC drama pilot, "Reverie."  Via Deadline :

Person of Interest alumna Sarah Shahi has been tapped as the lead of NBC’s drama pilot Reverie, from the Extant team of creator Mickey Fisher and Amblin TV. Shahi was among the most sought-after actors for pilots this season, fielding a slew of offers.

Penned by Fisher, Reverie is described as a grounded and dramatic thriller about Mara (Shahi), a former detective specializing in human behavior who is brought in when the launch of an advanced virtual reality program has dangerous and unintended consequences.

• Love 2

My Facebook  feed has blown up since last night's This Is Us with friends declaring  their love of Sterling K. Brown... and I'm  reading them all thinking  "bandwagon fans!" I never saw anything  between  Reese and Carter (especially  since Reese teased Carter without ever sounding  jealous of Beecher) but I thought the background thing with Carter and Beecher was very sweet and I would have liked more of it as long as it stayed a background thing.

But hey, Beecher/Sterling and Carter/Taraji have gotten one hell of a post-PoI afterlife!

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

Amy Acker has been cast in Fox's Marvel pilot. I'm glad to see so many PoI alums getting work, and in genre(-ish) shows to boot. I fully intend to check out both Acker and Shahi's projects in the fall if they make it to series--though I'll probably inevitably be disappointed when I compare the shows to PoI!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Wow, I'm surprised Caviezel is coming back to TV--I thought for sure he'd want to return to the movie circuit full-time after PoI was over. Good for him, though!

A steady paycheck may be more tempting.

• Love 1
On 3/24/2017 at 8:09 AM, fastiller said:

It doesn't surprise me to see Caviezel no longer attached to this.  I am a tiny bit disappointed; I much prefer to watch JC to DB.  "Creative differences" mentioned in @mtlchick link (from Wednesday) have me wondering what went on.

My guess would be that it would require nudity. From my understanding JC has turned down those types of roles. And if he is willing to turn down certain roles because he has boundaries, then I say good for him! 

Good to see Michael Emerson show up on Carrie Preston's show ("Claws") last night. He played the head of the Dixie mob, and as you might expect, he came at it in his own unique way. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will be a recurring role.  (I guess the Machine REALLY hid Harold well...and he totally got into the part. And poor Grace, doing nails and an ex-felon in suburban Florida...)

Earlier in the season, Carrie Preston's character, Polly, broke into a house where she had to confront a gorgeous Belgian Malinois guard dog (and made him sit down). I like to think that was a guest appearance from Bear. ;-)

• Love 2

Y'all!!!!!!! Emerson is playing EVUHL FINCH!!!! on Arrow!!! As this season's Big Bad!!!!! I was totally unspoiled so when I saw him last night, NO LIE--I SCREAMED ??"FIIIIIIIIINCH!!!!!!"??

Now if they could somehow get ??Caviezel...??

giphy (1).gif

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I thought of him as Finch and Ben's evil (or eviler, in Ben's case) brother. Perhaps triplets?

Is the sound mixing on the CW especially bad or is it just my TV?

Edited by ABay
2 minutes ago, ABay said:

I thought of him as Finch and Ben's evil (or eviler, in Ben's case) brother. Perhaps triplets?

Is the sound mixing on the CW especially bad or is it just my TV?

It’s the CW. And apparently, only for Arrow. It’s aggravating.

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Rebecca Hall, François Arnaud, Morgan Spector, David Joseph Craig, and director Brian Crano discuss their film Permission:

Am I having a brain freeze? I don't recall any of these people being on this show?

• Love 3

See, for me, I consider this thread as news for the main cast that have been in other roles on other shows-either before this show or after. Morgan was a guest star on this show, so no wonder I had a brain freeze.

Main cast for me is Emerson, Caviezal, Henderson, Chapman, Shahi and Ackerman (as much as I loathed adding her). 

But that’s just me.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

See, for me, I consider this thread as news for the main cast that have been in other roles on other shows-either before this show or after. Morgan was a guest star on this show, so no wonder I had a brain freeze.

Main cast for me is Emerson, Caviezal, Henderson, Chapman, Shahi and Ackerman (as much as I loathed adding her). 

But that’s just me.

To me, the cast is whoever was on the show. This character appeared in five episodes over three seasons so he wasn't Random Guy at Coffee Shop. There were lots of recurring characters and HITG guest stars over the years (not quite the same volume as, say, Law & Order, but still!), so I think they're all fair game. I mean, don't you want to know what the guy who played Leon is up to? Although now that I think about it, I'd probably have more fun imagining what Leon the character is up to and what kind of trouble he's gotten himself into.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:06 PM, janeta said:

Am watching a new thing called Reverie, and there's Shaw acting normal. :)

I watched it too, couldn't help but think about  how Shaw would have gotten to the brother-in-law first. 

From the Kevin Chapman article about his upcoming show: 

Chapman’s character – Dickie Monogue – is a cop with a conscience. “I play a Boston narcotics officer who is kind of the antagonist for Kevin Bacon’s character,” he said. “When you first meet this guy, you kind of assume that he may be the one who is morally challenged, and then, as the story unfolds you realize that he is probably the guy whose moral compass is calibrated.”

....Hmm why do I get the feeling he'll be AWESOME as a cop like that??...