Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Who Did I Marry?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Dr. Jessica is there to stir shit up....but pretends not to...

If they sent Dr. Pepper she would be rooting around the trash cans looking for used condoms.....unless they are thrown in the middle of the room like Ryan flung his rubber last season...

How do you feel about walking bare footed on hotel carpet now?.....

Anybody else thinking about Cameron Diaz's hair gel scene in There's Something About Mary?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I am sure Bobby will tell Dr. Jessica that Danielle's eyebrows scare him...

Who walks on hotel room carpet with bare feet?..ick.

Danelle has traveled the world so walking on scummy carpet isn't a concern for her....yuck.

I walk on any carpet (hotels included) barefoot and wash my feet after. I’m more shocked by people walking indoors with shoes or, gasp, mommy’s psycho boy putting his on the table next to the food!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ShowFan said:

I walk on any carpet (hotels included) barefoot and wash my feet after. I’m more shocked by people walking indoors with shoes or, gasp, mommy’s psycho boy putting his on the table next to the food!

Bobby wasn't raised right. Also I wear slippers when I'm in a hotel or at home. No shoes in my house and no feet touching hotel carpets.  Shoes get packed in shoe bags so they don't touch anything and slippers get washed when I get home from a trip.

• Love 2

Pretty stunning Bobby telling Dr. Jessica that he has a problem reading Danielle.

Danielle welled up....but she owed up to it and would try to verbalize more to Bobby...kudos to her.

Communication....or miscommunication will be their problem.

What is with Dave?

Lame-o excuse why his parents weren't at breakfast...is he ashamed of them to be on camera?

Not happy Amber asked.

Asking Amber if she ate pastries...did that seem like a test that she failed when she said yes?

"I have a protein shake for breakfast"...Dude, doesn't make you superior.

Although he offered to pack some of her stuff in his bag, he was put out when she said yes...

Amber tried to laugh it off that she got a husband an another quarter of luggage space  but she was felt the temperature of the room change...

Is Dave a bag of dicks?

• Love 10

I have dogs and imagine my floors are always a bit dirty because they go outside and then walk back in without me cleaning their feet (unless they’re really wet.) I wear socks and take them off before bed and do that at hotels too. I don’t however stick my socks next to food. 

I caught that moment with Dave and the pastries. Was he simply divulging info about himself or subtly judging her carb consumption? I guess we’ll see.

When I was in my early twenties, if I traveled, I packed suitcases full of stuff, thinking I should have everything possible. As the years progressed my suitcases have contained less and less. I would think Amber, being mid 30-ish, would be better at packing sparely. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Bobby got all hot and bothered while watching Danielle fondle  fold and pack her pink nightie.

Hope Mama told Bobby the need to empty the chamber of his revolver first... to help control the next round bullets....if you get my drift

If Bobby looks even half decent in board shorts then sexy time is happening....do some push ups Bobby

Tristan's man boob was not a good look...dude used to play for the San Antonio Spurs D League....do some push ups Tristan

Don't think you can visit inmates to the Tarrant County Jail shirtless and in board shorts...so Tristan will stay clothed.

Dave was a brave man for touching Amber's hair...he could have sprained his fingers if they got too tangled up in that fried rat's nest....ruining his golf swing because he coldn't grip his club

I was surprised they didn't consummate their marriage...no need to be coy at their ages...

Amber needs to let Dave know her runway is always ready for takeoff...if she wants that honeymoon baby....

Something nice about Dave...He asked Amber if she wanted to be carried across the threshold and was okay when she declined.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

Hair & shoes improved, but pant-less Jamie O of the odd shirt & earring combo mentioning her wedding a thousand times - attention whoring on overdrive so far this season.

Bobby acts like a virgin... yes, she's a real live woman Bobby- relax.

Danielle's eyebrows will haunt me in my sleep; her eyelashes are disturbing as well. Jamie better watch her back; her mini-me has arrived.

Mia needs to stop hunching & covering her face - we can see you Mia, & we know what you did.

• Love 7

I wonder if Mia has some psychological issues, based on how she was hiding behind, and surrounding herself, with pillows and the blanket while she was talking to Tristan in bed.  

I really felt for Tristan in the airport.  I literally cannot imagine being just left there with no communication and no way to know where Mia is or what is happening to her.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Either his parents really don't approve of him doing the show and/or don't like Amber specifically, which is why I didn't blame her when she got insecure about it.  He may not have the greatest relationship with his parents, which is yet another red flag.  But what I didn't like is that he basically lied to her about why they didn't come and chose to gloss it over with some lame ass story rather than tell her the truth.  But right now she's so baby crazy she won't even grill him about it.  Ugh.

Did he lie or are we just assuming he did?  I didn't catch him saying in a TH the "real reason" they weren't coming.

Cutting through the bullshit...Dave didn't want his parents at the breakfast.

He wants his buddies in front of the cameras, not mom or dad.

Who set up the table so it looked like The Last Supper?

He thinks his buddies are more representative of who he is...what a jerk...your parents are your parents...good or bad.

Glad Amber called him out on his shuffling the parents out the door....

Then Dave acts all jolly at the breakfast...what a putz....Dave was wrong to exclude his parents....

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I wonder if Mia has some psychological issues, based on how she was hiding behind, and surrounding herself, with pillows and the blanket while she was talking to Tristan in bed.  

Based on all sorts of gut-instinct I've pegged Mia for a whacko since the beginning.  Plus didn't more than one person in her family (her father and sister) tell her she was nuts?  The way her sister went off on her made me think there was a LOT of shit about Mia we don't know and haven't had to tolerate like she has.

47 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

He thinks his buddies are more representative of who he is...what a jerk...your parents are your parents...good or bad.

Dave saying that was an indirect insult to his parents.  I can just imagine how my mother would have reacted if I ever said such a thing, on national TV no less.  Not that I ever would have said anything close to that in ten zillion years, though!  What a total douche not to even care how saying that would look to the public!

• Love 3
(edited)

Am I the only one that caught that Dave called Amber Ashley at the brunch? I had to rewind three times but he definitely called her Ashley while telling her mom that he would make his own decisions about their relationship and not his friends. 

Edited by IgnoranceisBLISS
  • Love 4

I put up the subtitles of the brunch and no Ashley was typed in the dialogue.. so further investigation is warranted....

I am surprised Dave wants someone his age.

He seems the type that would date women in their early to mid twenties...

Someone who would NOT confront him with shady practices like pushing parents out the door and out of camera range.

I'm liking Amber because she is vulnerable and therefore may very well get her heart stomped on by Dave....

• Love 1

I don't think Dave is a douche for his buddies being at brunch instead of his parents. We can choose friends, but not family. Some family are just not right somehow, & maybe he needs Amber to know him more before getting them involved. He's a big boy, so either he had his reasons, or the show might be playing here, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Amber doesn't seem too vulnerable to me so far; she actually presents as pretty tough. I think she can take whatever Dave dishes out, spawn another MAFS baby & be none the worse for wear.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't think Dave is a douche for his buddies being at brunch instead of his parents. We can choose friends, but not family. Some family are just not right somehow, & maybe he needs Amber to know him more before getting them involved. He's a big boy, so either he had his reasons, or the show might be playing here, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

OK I can see that from his POV, but the purpose of the brunch is not so much for her to get to know him, but for his parents to get to know her and for her to get to know his parents.  They can include friends at other gatherings after the honeymoon as we've seen in previous seasons.  If he continues keeping his parents from her, then there's a big problem.

• Love 3

I think Dave was including the people he spends the most time with, given Amber will be spending time with them now as well.  Maybe he's just not close with his parents for various reasons, so they're not the people he needs her to get to know right away, or vice versa. It doesn't necessarily mean the problem is with him, either.

Or, production is playing a story line here.

Just a note that Cortney from Season 1's parents were not at her wedding & she explained they were very unsure of the process. It wouldn't have been that far from NC to NY just to support her, but they didn't make it (although eventually coming around to them as a couple they never appeared on camera). Her husband Jason also had family problems, but they're one of only a few couples from this show still married.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

I put up the subtitles of the brunch and no Ashley was typed in the dialogue.. so further investigation is warranted....

I did the further investigation, and he absolutely says "Ashley".  It occurs at 25:29, when he says he's going to do what's right for him and for Ashley.  He did get her name right at other times in that brunch, but at this point, he got it wrong.

2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think Dave was including the people he spends the most time with, given Amber will be spending time with them now as well.  Maybe he's just not close with his parents for various reasons, so they're not the people he needs her to get to know right away, or vice versa. It doesn't necessarily mean the problem is with him, either.

Or, production is playing a story line here.

Just a note that Cortney from Season 1's parents were not at her wedding & she explained they were very unsure of the process. It wouldn't have been that far from NC to NY just to support her, but they didn't make it (although eventually coming around to them as a couple they never appeared on camera). Her husband Jason also had family problems, but they're one of only a few couples from this show still married.

The difference here is that Dave's parents did come to the ceremony.  And he didn't give any explanation proactively of why his parents were there the day before, but were not there for the get-acquainted brunch...it was up to Amber's sister to ask about their absence.  To me it seems shady AF the way he handled it, even if there ends up being nothing shady behind it.

• Love 4

DAVE: I'm going to do what's right for me and what's right for ASHLEY.

But on the subtitles it was typed I'm going to do what's right for me and what's right for US.

Good catch IgnoranceisBliss!

Thanks for the detective work Luvmyshows.

We can now move on to bigger fish to fry......

• Love 3

About Dave's parents not being at the brunch-they may have simply told him that they wouldn't be there to further support this farce marriage.  Or they may have had work/other commitments that couldn't be changed with 10 days notice.  Production may not allow them to refer to the show in any negative way so if his parents had a negative reason for not attending, he may have just gone with "my friends are my family."  Frankly, this concept puts a lot of pressure on the families.  Maybe even more than on the couples who may be seeking some level of fame along with marriage.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I didn't think of this as a big deal either. I'm estranged from most of my family, because they are terrible. It can be awkward to explain, because some people have NO concept of this. "But they're your FAMILY...derp derp derp...blood is thicker than water something something..."  Yeah, well, you don't know my life.

He said he's closer to his friends and I totally get that. I have a big "friend family" as well, and they know me much better than my real family. Dave could be sparing you some heartache, Amber. I had one ex that INSISTED on meeting my father. I kept trying to warn him, but he would not be dissuaded, so I set it up. The guy was shell-shocked for DAYS after.

I don't even have any good comments for the rest of the show, it was so boring. I read the spoilers so i already knew about Mia. Hope it picks up.

• Love 9
(edited)
45 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

I didn't think of this as a big deal either. I'm estranged from most of my family, because they are terrible. It can be awkward to explain, because some people have NO concept of this. "But they're your FAMILY...derp derp derp...blood is thicker than water something something..."  Yeah, well, you don't know my life.

He said he's closer to his friends and I totally get that. I have a big "friend family" as well, and they know me much better than my real family. Dave could be sparing you some heartache, Amber. I had one ex that INSISTED on meeting my father. I kept trying to warn him, but he would not be dissuaded, so I set it up. The guy was shell-shocked for DAYS after.

I don't even have any good comments for the rest of the show, it was so boring. I read the spoilers so i already knew about Mia. Hope it picks up.

People often say blood is thicker than water, but I think the real quote is “The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb”. This means exactly the opposite of what people use it for.  It means that friends can be stronger than family since you voluntarily bind yourself to your friends and they to you.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5

Mia is going to be the crazy, high maintenance character this season. I haven't read any spoilers but there's something weird behind the story of her being detained at the airport. I thought they did background checks on the people they cast on this show. Did they let Mia get through the screening process to provide amped up drama this season? Her family had beyond the normal, concerned reaction when she told them she was getting married to a complete stranger. Her sister was in tears. Her dad was cringing. What is she hiding about her past? It seemed weird when she was covering her face with the veil and practically hyperventilating before she entered the venue to walk down the aisle. Her father's chat with Tristan was strange too. He's too involved with his 29 year old daughter's choices and sex life. Creepy. She's not 18. She gives off weird vibes. They cast her for the drama. I guess.

• Love 5

I wondered about the background check as well.  Either they are the worst screeners in the world and genuinely didn't know about Mia's situation, or Tristan got screwed royally, intentionally by the show.  So assuming that there is something real to this, then Tristan can either choose to end it now, or Mia has some serious splaining to do.  And even if he hears her out, he should still think seriously about ending it, because he may not be able to fully trust her, which pretty much means there's no base for the marriage.

• Love 1

The editing is getting worse.  During Mia's wedding shots of her with her veil.  Most were the veil was almost over her eyes from the top.  Other views, the veil had been pulled back further on her head.  Did they have to redo vows and everything?

• Love 1

Hello all happy to be back here to analyze these couples, criticize the show, the experts and the participants because naturally as viewers we know better!

I initially had a good feeling about Tristan and Mia (I only watch MAFS) but obviously something is up. They seem like a cute couple who have taken the concept of being married at first sight to heart.

It makes me nervous when the couples initially say (usually based on nothing but the physical aspect) how wonderful the experts were at selecting a mate. That's to be seen. I suppose (trying to put myself in there position) a big concern would be to see if they selected someone I find repulsive. I'm really curious how the process of interviewing and selecting goes and how they stack up peoples looks on a scale from 1 to 10. I should fill out an app but I've been too lazy so far. I can see why the participants are happy on a visual level, I think they do match up well this season. But now the fun begins. The biggest shock in any marriage is when you discover (even though you know this in advance) is the 7/24 by forever nature of it. You get into a fight with a lover you can just let them stew in their own juices for a week or so. 

For the show to remain relevant I think they should consider a deaf couple or two paraplegics or people not so photogenic...they need love to.

On 7/20/2018 at 10:22 AM, stuckin60s said:

The editing is getting worse.  During Mia's wedding shots of her with her veil.  Most were the veil was almost over her eyes from the top.  Other views, the veil had been pulled back further on her head.  Did they have to redo vows and everything?

I wouldn't be surprised if they're many stops and restarts and do overs. Probably the only part they can't redo is the initial reaction when the couples see each other the first time. I don't recall ever seeing a devastated look of disappointment. That would really set the tone...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're many stops and restarts and do overs. Probably the only part they can't redo is the initial reaction when the couples see each other the first time. I don't recall ever seeing a devastated look of disappointment. That would really set the tone...

Well, Jamie Otis in the first season was about as close to that as you can get!

• Love 8
On 7/18/2018 at 3:19 PM, Gem 10 said:

I just cringe when these therapists come by the next morning and ask stupid ass questions.  What the hell do they want to hear .. “yes, we had a rip roaring time screwing all night long”.   IMO, these three professionals do more harm than good.  Leave the couples alone.  (But then there would be no show). Lol.

See, I think we’re going to see overload of “expert” (whatever!) this whole season because we blasted them LAST season for being absent.  I don’t remember an expert showing up on the first morning in the last seasons, although they could have.

• Love 1
On 7/22/2018 at 8:12 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Well, Jamie Otis in the first season was about as close to that as you can get!

The woman literally fell into a ball on the ground and cried. The only reason she did not run away was because her female relatives coaxed her into it.

• Love 4