Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5: Spoilers & Speculation

I had a stroke 13 years ago and my sensory center for my left side was obliterated. I can feel impact (which took a lot of PT) but everything else is muted or wrong. I have cut and burned myself without knowing it. On the flip side, I can be holding a towel and feel horrible pain. Daily functioning is a combination of using sight and trusting muscle memory.

I can't even imagine that. My sympathy.

In the stills, Nathan and Duke are sitting leaning against a truck, and Nathan's got a bloody hole in his shoulder. In the thumbnails that showed up in the newsfeed, I thought he looked really, really tired and rather depressed, but then the gunshot wound shows up a lot better in the full-size photo.

Hmmm... definitely blood there, and the expression on his face makes him look like he's feeling the effects of some blood loss, but... shouldn't there be some pressure applied to the wound or something? It's just odd that he and Duke are sitting there so relatively calmly (if depressed) if Nathan's bleeding.

And some more premiere spoilers...

Jennifer’s fate is the hot topic as the season premiere plays out – different people need to find her for very different reasons. Things don’t look very good for Dave, either – though there’s a final scene with him that will make you go hmmm. Now, I present you with a game: See if you can ID who says quips of these premiere quotes:
A) “ That lighthouse just can’t catch a break.”
B) “You try operating a supernatural doorway to another dimension using a vampire novel and a positive attitude!”
C) “The handsome ones don’t have to be very smart, do they?”
D) “Be careful, she took down Dwight.” / “And I will never let him hear the end of it.”
E) “I’ll always love you, Parker.”

http://tvline.com/2014/09/05/homeland-season-4-spoilers-carrie-quinn/

Hmmm... definitely blood there, and the expression on his face makes him look like he's feeling the effects of some blood loss, but... shouldn't there be some pressure applied to the wound or something? It's just odd that he and Duke are sitting there so relatively calmly (if depressed) if Nathan's bleeding.

It's a still photo, so it only captures a second of time. For all we know, the rest of the time they're trying to help Nathan, though the body language looks like they're sitting there calmly having a conversation. It's possible that both of them are weak, Nathan from the gunshot and Duke from his massive Trouble issue, so they're both just collapsed and waiting for help. And it would probably be dangerous for Duke to try to do first aid on Nathan because we don't know what exposure to Troubled blood will do to him in his current state.

At least he wasn't double shot through the heart.

This time (but he got better the last time). And it's not even at least two bullets in the back. For Nathan, this is minor.

I'd say that A and B are Duke (though A could also be Dwight), D is Nathan and then Duke. C is Mara about Nathan and E is Nathan (since no one else calls Audrey "Parker").

There's a comic book in the season 4 DVDs that gives some of the origin story with Mara, though I don't think there's much that we haven't already guessed.

I adored that sneak peek, well until the lighthouse bit of it

Glad to see that whatsherface from Sketchy gets more lines this year? I want to call her Molly but I don't think that's right. Also if Gloria dies I will never ever forgive this show.

Edited by Elsinore

I have to wonder how (or if) they're going to put any shades of gray into Mara.  She doesn't even seem to care all that much about William as a being.  Her goals seem to be 1) get William back so I can 2) get my Aether back so I can 3) get back to giving Troubles to people like a psychotic little kid burning ants with a magnifying glass.

She seems so amoral that I think she may be a being that just doesn't have the same concept of morality as humans do ( though we still have Howard's ambiguous  very very human comment to Audrey) or to them Haven and it's inhabitants are insignificant compared to their big mission (William alluded to this as well when taunting Nathan). Mara describing Havenites as 'children' was interesting and also saying 'people' don't notice where the thin spots are.

the children allusion we have Haven for all god's orphans, children of ruin and Audrey in the pilot wishing her mother would come and rescue all the orphans.

Edited by BlueJay81
  • Love 1

I'm adding spoiler tags to this post because my theory refers to events not from the show.

I expect that the disparate personalities will merge this season.  Next season (5.2, 5b, whatever you want to call it) will be all about that Entity undoing what was done -- and discovering where the Troubles came from.  I would not be surprised if it turns out that the Troubles came from 

the child-like aliens from Under the Dome.  I think that, since they dropped the dome just to see what would happen,

they gave Mara and William the ability to Trouble people.  

Adult-like aliens (like in The Tommyknockers, also set in Haven),

perhaps including Agent Howard, caught them and decided that William and Mara had to fix what they did, but William was probably just an accessory to Mara.  So they imprisoned William and forced Mara to atone.  

Doesn't look like it worked, but we'll see.

Sorry if this has been suggested before.  :-)

Edited by Demented Daisy

That's a very interesting theory.

On a separate note that may or may not be connected i remember listening to one of those early podcasts and they mentioned that there was a big debate in the writers room about whether Audrey Parker should have sex that's when she was with Chris Brody. Found that quite strange at the time still do.

I just wonder where mikmaq fit into all this. Their legends feature a lot surely they must be central to this whole thing.

Edited by BlueJay81

Did my eyes deceive me, or did it seem like the promo for next week showed that Gloria and Dwight had swapped bodies? That could be good for some serious amusement. Though I'll be disappointed if they do a body-swap episode and Duke and Nathan don't swap. I wonder if the Trouble is attached to the body or to the soul? Would Nathan as Duke still be numb, or would it be Duke as Nathan who couldn't feel things and Nathan as Duke who might have to kill a Trouble? When that guy with the possession Trouble last year was in Duke, him using Duke's body to kill his own body killed his Trouble, but Duke was still in his own body then. At any rate, this is something that has the potential to be both hilarious and poignant.

I am beginning to think that Mara is not the true owner of the body she posses.  She is capable of being hurt and dying, or at least the body is and she does feel it.  If she is an entity that is possessing the body then she is subject to all of the laws of nature, just not the Troubles.  Which is why she can be hurt by the environment such as falling tree limbs and such.  When Howard said she was all too human I think he meant that literally, her body is human.  I posit the theory that all of the different personalities are the true Audrey, for lack of a better name, and Mara is the intruder. 

• Love 1

In the supernatural lore, vampires consider themselves immortal yet they can be killed. I take Mara has someone that ages slowly or not at all but she's not indestructible so she can still be hurt or killed. 

I hope Mara's the original person, I don't want that dragged out more. Otherwise we'll need to meet another person that is not Audrey and go through everything all over again. Either way Audrey is not the real person and the only way I'll accept her is if the memories of the original are present and that's is who is in the final episode. She can decide to be called Audrey so it's easier for the townspeople to deal with. 

Mara may be part of a fractured personality of the entity that is Audrey/Mara. Mara seemed to want Dwight to attack her and it seemed to give her power, perhaps being ill treated feeds the Mara personality, Audrey feeds off love (barn recharging thing also).

• Love 2

My wish for the season - more Duke and Nathan and Audrey adventures. They really are the new Vince/Dave/Sarah combo. More TOTW cases with the major arc. Major arc with Mara is kinda getting stale already.

I want Nathan to struggle with not feeling again while being with Audrey.

More Colorado kid (on loan from 'Bitten'), Mara realizing that she actually had a kid. If Mara is going to be with Duke then finding a way to redeem her Alittle by rescuing CK and loving Someone other than herself would be a start.

Right now the show feels burdened by its own mythic beginnings.

• Love 2

They must be shooting the entire final "season" (which is double their usual "season") straight through instead of just in the summers like they have been because yesterday the Haven Facebook page posted a video of Lucas and Emily in the snow. We may actually get to see a Haven winter. But now I wonder how they're managing sets, since their studio space is the town's hockey rink, and that's been part of what's limited their shooting schedule, as they could only shoot when it wasn't hockey season. I guess everything will have to take place in the Grey Gull/Audrey's apartment or in other locations rather than having any scenes in the police station or in the cabin of Duke's boat.

Has there been any indication of whether they're showing the final season straight through or in two halves, so that it will do as normal and end in December, then come back for another 12-13 episodes next fall?

• Love 1

The return of William?  Or flashback to Mara and William?  Theoretically, Colin Ferguson would be in the episode he's directing.   But I could be wrong.  :-)

In other news, http://tvline.com/2014/11/26/greys-anatomy-transgender-storyline-season-11-travis-spoilers/.  Relevant Haven bit:

Question: Do you know if the rumors are true that Rossif Sutherland will appear in Haven as a character called The Sandman? —Lilslim

Ausiello: I can confirm that the actor (AKA Nostradamus on Reign) will join the Syfy drama in a recurring role, kicking off in 2015. Not sure about the Sandman part, but it’s a holiday week and I’ve got stuff to do so, sure, he’s playing The Sandman.

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 1

http://tvline.com/2014/12/03/once-upon-a-time-spoilers-hook-emma-belle-curse/

Haven‘s winter finale is upon us — how much wine will we need to get through it? –Dawn

How much have you got…? A lot goes down in Friday’s episode, given the “mother” of a bombshell that Charlotte dropped on Audrey. When all is said and done — and following the reveal of one of the coolest Troubles ever plus a highly entertaining exchange of words between Audrey and Mara – no fewer than two major characters will elect to make a tremendous sacrifice in the name of Haven’s greater good. And the very final scene? Creeeeepy.

• Love 1

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/51993/20141126/haven-season-5-exciting-guest-stars-promised-for-5b-reign-star-trek-actors-confirmed-video.htm

[in the back half of season 5,] vewers will continue to see appearances from Dr. Cross (Laura Mennell) and Jay Reso's McHugh (set to first appear in "Chemistry"). Meanwhile, the Trouble town will get a third visit from the Darkside Seekers, throwing Kris Lemche's Seth Byrne back into the fray.

As for the newbies, TV Line confirmed that viewers can expect to see Star Trek's William Shatner and Reign's Rossif Sutherland. Neither of these characters have official names as of yet, although it is rumored that Sutherland's Haven addition may be called The Sandman.

It is currently unknown how long Sutherland will stick around Haven, but fans will be treated to a four-episode arc from Shatner.

Edited by editorgrrl

They mention a teaser, but I haven't found it yet.

http://tvline.com/2015/07/24/haven-season-5b-spoilers-audrey-nathan-duke/

When Season 5 resumes this fall, with the episode “New World Order,” “The tsunami of Troubles brought by Duke has Haven-ites locked down for their own safety,” showrunner Matt McGuinness tells TVLine. “Fortunately, Audrey and Nathan (Lucas Bryant) are locked down together, which is nice for them.”

• Love 1

http://tvline.com/2015/08/17/once-upon-a-time-season-5-belle-merida-spoilers/

Not much new info.

Syfy has kept us in the dark about Haven Season 5B. Is there anything you can get your hands on? –Joel

‘Member that morsel of scoop I shared along with the first photo from 5B? Well, here is the complete teaser from showrunner Matt McGuinness, for you to parse and process: “The tsunami of troubles brought by Duke has Haven-ites locked down for their own safety. The town is a war-zone, with troubles shutting off entire neighborhoods. Fortunately, Audrey and Nathan are locked down together, which is nice for them. Even in this maelstrom, they work seamlessly to protect they town they love. But, as the season progresses, they must take some dangerous solo missions — especially hard as they seem to have grown closer than ever….”

• Love 1
The only unexpected/exciting bit is the "stay away from the darkness eating people. oops, there goes the light!"... which is not an original idea, so I hope it's well executed.

In Haven, the real danger may not be the darkness eating people, but what happens when people get really afraid that darkness might be eating people -- and oops, there goes the light. Then the danger isn't the people-eating darkness so much as it is all the other crazy stuff that might happen just because of fear.

Am I imagining things, or wasn't William Shatner supposed to be in this season? It's strange that there hasn't been anything said in any of the promo about him joining the cast.

• Love 1

Shatner is in the Sneak Peek available on iTunes.

For those who can't see it he's in it for about five seconds, he walks into a room and says. "What we're about to do will be wonderful."

Edited by jaytee1812

Because the truth of the matter is that in one scenario, it is conceivable that Haven does not exist and never existed,

What could this even mean? Haven people exist in the outside world. Is Haven some location in the void that people don't realize they are crossing into and out of?

If Haven never existed in the outside world, what about all the trading, the food and everything sold in shops, everyone's bank accounts that worked just fine for years? It's not like this would function strictly locally or with just a few people crossing. What about making phone calls to and from Haven? There's playing loose with dimensions and "Haven not existing", and... there's retconning. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I'm seeing this idea as a case of the latter.

• Love 2

If Haven never existed in the outside world, what about all the trading, the food and everything sold in shops, everyone's bank accounts that worked just fine for years? It's not like this would function strictly locally or with just a few people crossing. What about making phone calls to and from Haven? There's playing loose with dimensions and "Haven not existing", and... there's retconning. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I'm seeing this idea as a case of the latter.

Nah, it makes sense if you acknowledge Haven as Fantasy and not Science Fiction. 

The way I'd argue it is that the town DID exist with the rest of the world, but it's merely the knowledge of that which has been erased. This probably even includes records written down too.  Think of it as a magic spell.  It's bending people's perceptions, so if they see or hear anything that contradicts what they expect, or points to or describes Haven then they suddenly overlook it/stop thinking about it.

Or... perhaps it's created a parallel universe. In one universe Haven was shipped all those goods and products and in another they weren't.  Duke exits into the one where they weren't.

The remaining episode titles and descriptions have been released.  After this week's "Blind Spot," there will be "The Widening Gyre" next week, and then the final two episodes, "Now" and "Forever", will air (presumably back-to-back) on December 17.

• Love 2

My thoughts after reading the episode descriptions is that the unusual sacrifice Vince makes is that the new barn will need a caretaker and that Vince's volunteers to do it.

I'm thinking Duke will become the new Croatoan.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight leaves Haven altogether.

I'm having a Haven rematch of all of the episodes that I like. I'm also listening to some of the audio commentary (before I possibly never watch the show again, and I never realized how much the words destiny, fate and legacy were said in the show until I watched a bunch of episodes together.

Looking at his Twitter, I don't see any mention of people being unhappy with the finale (the only mention of the finale I saw was that the final two episodes air back-to-back). But "some people will be unhappy" is pretty much most finales... it's not like he's predicting "you are all going to HATE it." (Of course, on this board we all very well might...)

• Love 1

Audrey has to die in order to defeat croatoan. They already set it up. Their plan is to build a barn that sucks all aethur out of haven including croatoan but that inckudes audrey as well. Daddy dearest said he used aethur to cure his daughter and it changed her dna. My guess is she wont survive without it

• Love 2