Type keyword(s) to search

Joao: Lawsuit Waiting to Happen

• Start Topic

Why would these girls trust this guy? I’m just not getting it. I’d like to blame it on the alcohol, but they seem to be moony eyed over him even when sober. He said every girlfriend he’s ever had has cheated on him and I don’t wonder why. Get your radar up girls!

• Love 9

He’s just disgusting. His back story makes his actions worse. Laughing about messing with the heads of the girls that like him, being abusive to Hannah because she sees through his crap, undermining his boss because of an age difference all make him a POS. 

• Love 5

Maybe we should all chip in and send our favorite misogynistic psychopath one of these, so he can remember what a pile of rotting excrement he really is...Apparently he gets his best insults from the Urban Dictionary. He probably rehearsed using that phrase for weeks before the show began shooting.

image.png.4a845e029e1c28b160f5115547d86bab.png

• Love 3
On 9/19/2018 at 3:32 PM, gingerella said:

Maybe we should all chip in and send our favorite misogynistic psychopath one of these, so he can remember what a pile of rotting excrement he really is...Apparently he gets his best insults from the Urban Dictionary. He probably rehearsed using that phrase for weeks before the show began shooting.

image.png.4a845e029e1c28b160f5115547d86bab.png

It's actually from a Blade movie, I think.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It's actually from a Blade movie, I think.

It is. It's from Blade Trinity. It also comes across as a little weird in the movie. But yeah, it's great that someone got something out of the worst of the Blade films. Worst by a country mile. You can get away with quoting a movie this bad if it's done ironically. But sincerely? No. And that's exactly what Joao was doing.

For a master class on how to do this and actually pull it off, please see Gamble from Real Housewives of Melbourne. Gamble had been feuding with another housewife, Janet, for two seasons. The cast trip was to the Philippines for Janet's new tea business with her son. Gamble gives a semi apology/toast to Janet. Gamble says "Love and hatred are sisters on the same coin.” All of the women think it's so sweet. They cut to Gamble's talking head interview where she reveals that the quote is from Ron Burgundy.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I love quoting lines from good and bad movies; even long rants like Frank Langella as Skeletor in "Masters Of The Universe." Nothing's better after 30+ years of watching really bad movies. - 

Out of the blue it's great to go insane and say something like "you are no longer my equal I am more than man, more than life, I AM A GOD!" Frank Langella will live on forever thru that rant alone; totally eclipsing his role as Dracula. ;-)

Edited by MEH4250
  • LOL 1

I don't see thi Joao guy being a good & qualified Bosun. Sandy has a little thing for him. I don't understand it. I think he's just a little ass kisser but sociopath definitely. Says what he knows to be proper at the time depending whom he is speaking to and what will attain his selfish goals while inside his mind, it is a storm raging with quite the opposite. Sociopath. 

• Love 3

Hello! Still on an intertube for one. I got a cooler trailing behind me now. Upgrade!

I don't hate Joao.  There were things I disliked or can find fault with, but not his work ethic.  He worked hard last season.  Yes, he challenged Conrad, but I think his reasoning was right most of the time.  His approach was lacking, but otherwise I thought he pulled his weight and thensome.

Also I have no problem with an employee using their boss as a mentor.  To me it shows initiative and a strong desire to improve and get promoted. 

• Love 7
On 6/6/2019 at 1:49 PM, Kdawg82 said:

Says what he knows to be proper at the time depending whom he is speaking to and what will attain his selfish goals while inside his mind, it is a storm raging with quite the opposite. Sociopath. 

Did I miss something? I felt he's matured somewhat since the last show, and I commend him (so far) for monitoring his drinking since he knows he turns into an ass.. What is he doing this season to be a 'sociopath'? Or are you still counting his bad behaviour from last season?

• Love 2
On 7/22/2018 at 1:16 PM, Taralightner said:

He’s just disgusting. His back story makes his actions worse. Laughing about messing with the heads of the girls that like him, being abusive to Hannah because she sees through his crap, undermining his boss because of an age difference all make him a POS. 

I have clearly missed an episode because I haven't seen any of this behaviour this season. What was he saying, and about whom?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

I have clearly missed an episode because I haven't seen any of this behaviour this season. What was he saying, and about whom?

The post was from last July.

• Love 2
On 6/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, Chalby said:

I can't complain about his behavior thus far *this* season but...

If you watched last season's reunion show and what he put Brooke through, and with the whole Casey thing, it was no surprise coming from him that he was engaged in some less than faithful and forthright behavior with his lady that he claimed to "love" so much. THIS SEASON he says the relationship with Brooke ended "because she cheated on me so what can I do?" Hmmm sure. Not believing that. From what I saw at the reunion looks like she left him now he has a platform for his lies by way of a 2nd season on BDM. I don't believe Brooke as a cheater before I'd believe Joao as one. 

I hope he really has changed but as someone said- I don't see too many spotless leopards out there . 

Eh, based on what’re saw last season, I think JuhWow is who he was last season. I think he watched how badly he came off with viewers last year and is trying hard to be sensitive, in tune with his emotions JuhWow. I’m not buying what he’s selling right now.

• Love 5

I’m not into labeling people sociopaths because they have selfish tendencies. Joao was definitely a selfish, womanizing , jerk last season. He said that watching how horrible he was made him change his ways and hopefully he did. One thing that was always constant with him was his work ethic, hence why he’s the Bosun this season. Every time he questioned Conrad he had a legitimate concern, Conrad just took it personally. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

They were rerunning last season this morning.  I caught just enough of it to be jolted by how much I've forgotten about how despicable Joao was last season.

And also Hannah!

• Love 3
On 7/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, ParadoxLost said:

They were rerunning last season this morning.  I caught just enough of it to be jolted by how much I've forgotten about how despicable Joao was last season.

I have just been watching reruns as well and I have a whole different opinion of Brook now. I could never date someone like Brook who hits on every man available once she's drunk. Her insecurities re: Joao only fueled his bad behaviour, and she appears to relish the 'victim' role. They should not have been together, however they were equally guilty of inappropriate behaviour.

On 6/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, spunky said:

I’m not into labeling people sociopaths because they have selfish tendencies. Joao was definitely a selfish, womanizing , jerk last season. He said that watching how horrible he was made him change his ways and hopefully he did.

I give Joao credit for attempting to rein in his misogynistic ways, but give him a couple of drinks and his REAL opinion shines through. No amount of rehab can change those views as they are clearly (and firmly) entrenched. He will never fully respect any woman, not even if he married a virginal bride.

• Love 2
On 7/22/2018 at 1:16 PM, Taralightner said:

being abusive to Hannah because she sees through his crap

I don't think it's a matter of 'seeing through his crap' but more 'birds of a feather'. She is equally as vile when drunk

On 6/23/2019 at 6:21 PM, Kdawg82 said:

THIS SEASON he says the relationship with Brooke ended "because she cheated on me so what can I do?" Hmmm sure. Not believing that.

I definitely believe Brook 'cheated' in Joao's eyes, however if cheating means flirting or kissing another, then I am sure they both cheated. Once they have drinks in them, they are both hanging off others. They should not have been together although they both deserve each other.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Joao is just so disgusting… I can’t grasp why Brooke, the romantic, is into him. There’s nothing romantic about him. He’s just belligerent and tries to tap anything that moves.

I do respect his work ethic but beyond that there’s not one redeeming aspect about him. I don’t get why anyone is into him, he’s such a cliche f boy