Type keyword(s) to search

Hannah: Hates Her Job And It Shows

• Start Topic

Hannah spends every season in a desperate attempt to hook up with someone. First season was Ben. Second season was client Jason and a drunken attempt at Adam. This season she’s set her eye on Conrad. She’s a sloppy drunk and has a definite mean girl streak.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, KSH said:

Hannah spends every season in a desperate attempt to hook up with someone. First season was Ben and drunkenly hooked up with Bobby when Ben rejected her. Second season was client Jason and a drunken attempt at Adam. This season she’s set her eye on Conrad. She’s a sloppy drunk and has a definite mean girl streak.

fixed that for you. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

fixed that for you. 

fixed that for you. 

fixed that for you. 

fixed that for you. 

I stand corrected.

• Love 1

I think having been on this show that she has developed a bit of a diva attitude. It showed when she threw the clogs into the water (it floated...who knew) and the bit about soiling her designer blouse. Hard work might have helped her to get to her position but now I think she abuses it. 

• Love 9

Yet the men have gone for Malia, Julia and the blonde with the glasses whose name I'll never remember but Ben liked. They're also infinitely less full of themselves than dog in heat Hannah.  

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Yet the men have gone for Malia, Julia and the blonde with the glasses whose name I'll never remember but Ben liked. They're also infinitely less full of themselves than dog in heat Hannah.  

Rabbity Emily was the blonde with glasses.

Hannah, Brooke, and Lauren from the mothership radiate desperation.

• Love 4

Yeah, I totally get they don't go for her because she's so desperate, but I'm confused how it got that way to begin with.  Now it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.  She's desperate because she can't get a guy and she can't get a guy because she's desperate.  

• Love 4

I don’t buy her boo hooing that she drives away men when she realizes she loves them. Conrad turned away from her first because he just got tired of listening to her bitch.

• Love 5

Thoughts on Hannah:

First anxiety is real. It needs to be treated. Panic attacks are a medical emergency. Sandy should have sent her to a doctor instead of telling her to “give love a chance.” There’s so much work to do with education about mental illness. 

Hannah and the boys:

She talks about 3 significant father figures leaving in her early childhood for one reason or another. (I think one even died.)

This type of life event can easily trigger the cycle of codependency. She’s been abandoned over and over. She feels unlovable, not worthy, the fear that HE’S just going to leave her throughout relationships in her life. She starts to be attracted to men who are unavailable because replaying these situations in her adult life is “comfortable.” Later she tries to change these unavailable men- “if I can get him to love me, then I will feel safe, worthy of love.” 

On the show we see her try with Ben- a guy who tells just about anyone who will listen that he’s not looking for a wife. We see her try with Bobby who is openly and desperately trying to prove to Malia that he’s lovable. We see her try with Adam- this guy lives in a van, so he’s not in the “putting down roots,” ready to commit to even a lease on an apartment.  Finally she meets Conrad. Surprise. He treats her with respect. He (according to Hannah) is much more mature than his years. He is available. She doesn’t know what to do with this; she can’t step away for air because they live together...BAM! Panic attack. 

Her management skills leave a lot to be desired, and others report (on WWHL-Brooke and Sandy) that her work ethic isn’t as strong as others on the boat. So, although I like her, I don’t think she walks on water, but I feel for her because I identify with her self-worth issues. I want to see her continue therapy and treatment, and want her to stop self-medicating with alcohol before that gets out of control as well. 

• Love 12

It occurred to me while watching the marathon that the elements of the job that Hannah likes the most are the ones she does the best. She likes concierge work (planning off boat activities, procuring goods for the guests, and what not) and bartending. She doesn't like housekeeping, but she feels like it's important and does a good job with it. She doesn't give two shits about food, which is why she hates tablescapes and cannot do a decent job describing food. Kate cares about food, which is why she came down on Leon. We've also seen Kate do wine pairing, which we've never seen Hannah or Adam do.

Hannah's also really burned out. She should be a yacht charter broker.

• Love 9

@Taralightner - I like your summation of Hannah and dating.  This rerun, after rerun, has been very good.  

Hannah can not flirt.  Where she would like to present herself as alluring she falls flat.  When she "enticed" Bobby into her room and then was half naked was horrific.  Asking him if "it" was hard was hard to watch.  I really can't watch, or listen, to the whole Conrad hiding in a guest cabin thing again.  Holy shit that was painful.

• Love 8

Hannah is what she said about Jack - she works just enough to get the job done.

I don't think yachting or being a chief stew is her thing.  I think she enjoys being in a management role (even though her skill is questionable), and I think she enjoys being around rich and exotic people and places, but that's it.  The nitty gritty of the job itself doesn't seem to interest her much.

Then again, I'm not sure who aspires to be a chief stew permanently.  It seems like a temporary gig in general.  This would be in contrast to a bosun who might want to climb the ranks and become a captain.  Or maybe chief stews can become captains???  I really have no idea.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
On 7/13/2018 at 4:20 PM, Kareem said:

Men typically don't care what's on the INSIDE. It's what's on the outside....nice rack, nice a$$, pleasant face, nice legs. 

I think Hannah is pretty damn hot even without any make up. Never got the crazy appeal with Malia or Emily (the British girl who looks like Bugs Bunny)

Everyone's taste is different but that's just MOO.

• Love 4

Unlike the deck crew, most stews aren't in yachting because they dream of being a Captain.  It's good money and a lot of travel.  Hannah's never professed to love yachting.  I imagine that after climbing the ranks to chief stew and doing that for a few seasons, you'd certainly get sick of the monotony. 

I might be mistaken, but I remember Hannah (and definitely Kate) alluding to the fact they'd both be out of yachting by now if the show hadn't come along.   

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, snarts said:

be mistaken, but I remember Hannah (and definitely Kate) alluding to the fact they'd both be out of yachting by now if the show hadn't come along.   

Yes neither of them work in yachting when not filming this show. Hannah mostly travels living off the money from the show and Kate runs a nonprofit store dedicated to raising money for a domestic abuse shelter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 9/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, chenoa333 said:

Men typically don't care what's on the INSIDE. It's what's on the outside....nice rack, nice a$$, pleasant face, nice legs. 

I think Hannah is pretty damn hot even without any make up. Never got the crazy appeal with Malia or Emily (the British girl who looks like Bugs Bunny)

Everyone's taste is different but that's just MOO.

I didn't think Emily was more than cute on the show, but she has dark hair now and I think it really suits her.

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

There are pics floating around FB groups and it appears Hannah got her wish and is expecting a baby.

I hope we are in the same FB groups-I saw it earlier too!

She did post it on twitter (and Instagram apparently but I'm at work and can't remember my password). Here is the tweet (wow-I can't believe that worked): 

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Good for Hannah! She looks so happy. I can’t stand her rotten attitude on the show so I’m delighted she is happy in real life.

That’s a nice way to look at it. 😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/2/2020 at 8:08 PM, Rhetorica said:

Not sure if Page Six is reliable:

Mediterranean' star Hannah Ferrier got fired
https://pagesix.com/2020/06/02/below-deck-mediterranean-star-hannah-ferrier-got-fired/

After watching today's 'future' glimpse into next week's episode, it appears we know why. Then again, I couldn't see all the so-called 'drugs' that Malia reported, but I thought I saw valium as one item. Valium is not something that I would consider a fireable offence.I am not sure what the other items were, though.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

After watching today's 'future' glimpse into next week's episode, it appears we know why. Then again, I couldn't see all the so-called 'drugs' that Malia reported, but I thought I saw valium as one item. Valium is not something that I would consider a fireable offence.I am not sure what the other items were, though.

I thought I heard the words “weed pen”, but can’t record and go back to make sure. That definitely is a fireable and could lead to the Capt loosing her license if they weee boarded and it was found. Capt Lee went off one season (He thought they had cocaine users on board...which turned out to NOT be true) and discussed its ramifications. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I thought I heard the words “weed pen”, but can’t record and go back to make sure. That definitely is a fireable and could lead to the Capt loosing her license if they weee boarded and it was found. Capt Lee went off one season (He thought they had cocaine users on board...which turned out to NOT be true) and discussed its ramifications. 

According to Hannah it was CBD which is legal in Spain.

• Love 3
On 8/11/2020 at 4:10 PM, biakbiak said:

According to Hannah it was CBD which is legal in Spain.

It will be interesting to see this explained next week.  I think Malea said on WWHL that valium is not illegal but that there was some boat rule that made it an offense.

Hannah is no dummy.  I find it hard to think she'd a) smuggle illegal drugs and b) leave them for the world to see.  I'd wager that in her mind, she didn't do anything wrong.

I really like Hannah and feel for her because she seems a little directionless in life.  But, I think it was her time to leave the show. She clearly isn't interested in the job enough to do super well and that's an issue for both her the captain.

I hope she figures out a way to deal with the anxiety attacks that don't involve drugs - especially with a baby on board.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was just stating what I thought that I had heard. I prefaced my statement with that caveat. 

And I was stating what Hannah said it was, Andy and Malia kept referring to it as a weed pen on WWHL.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

They also kept referring to Valium as a narcotic and it is not a narcotic. Looks like they are doing this on purpose. You know if you say it over and over people will think it must be true. 

Yep, if they say it enough, it turns into Hannah getting high off of her medication. I guess if she took the whole box at once, but it certainly seems like she was just taking the prescribed dose as directed. 

11 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I listened to Hannah's podcast last night and she was really funny.  She is enjoying her pregnancy and seems so happy!  

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/dear-diary-youre-effed-hannah-ferrier-yea-Fuk2Y8V61fs/

Thanks for this.  I might tune in.  I tried watching last night and just didn't care and turned off the tv. 

Hannha is charming .... maybe I'll get my fix via her podcast.

• Love 1