Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Thanks for the clarification, @Sasha888.  And I loved what you shared!

Thanks! And I appreciated your first-hand account of staying at the B&B! I was under the assumption that it was going to be an epic fail, mostly because one of the wives (Christine, I think?) said Bonnie didn't have the personality for it. From your account, it seems she absolutely DOES have the personality for it!

If it was Christine that said it though, I really can't blame her...Meri said Christine's mom Annie could run the B&B, then yanked it out from under her. Annie & Meri even visited the B&B together. If that's how it all really went down, that was underhanded and mean of Meri.

If that wasn't just made-up drama for the show, that was yet another knife to the back of a sister wife. 

I feel like I have to add a big IF to every thought I have about these people, because their show is so disingenuous! In the very first episode, they go on and on about how all the Moms raise all the kids, etc. They show the kids happily running up the stairs to hang out in Meri's area of the Lehi home. Then you read their book and find out that before the show even started, Christine was already not allowing Meri to be alone with her children, because Meri was so hard on them. Then later, after they had their homes in Vegas built, Meri decorates a room and Ysabel and one of Robyn's daughters pack suitcases and go spend time in "their" room at Meri's house. That is obviously baloney. Christine went from not wanting Meri to be alone with her kids, to sending Ysabel to spend the night? I don't buy it.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Who else but TLC is paying for the mortgages you know they aint.

I could see the production company picking up some (or all) of the actual moving expenses if the moves are filmed as part of the show.  I could also see the production company MAYBE giving them an advance on what they get paid for the show.  However, actually paying their mortgages?  I agree, ain't happening.  TLC specializes in programming that's cheap to produce.  Their mortgages aren't cheap.  

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Thanks! And I appreciated your first-hand account of staying at the B&B! I was under the assumption that it was going to be an epic fail, mostly because one of the wives (Christine, I think?) said Bonnie didn't have the personality for it. From your account, it seems she absolutely DOES have the personality for it!

If it was Christine that said it though, I really can't blame her...Meri said Christine's mom Annie could run the B&B, then yanked it out from under her. Annie & Meri even visited the B&B together. If that's how it all really went down, that was underhanded and mean of Meri.

If that wasn't just made-up drama for the show, that was yet another knife to the back of a sister wife. 

I feel like I have to add a big IF to every thought I have about these people, because their show is so disingenuous! In the very first episode, they go on and on about how all the Moms raise all the kids, etc. They show the kids happily running up the stairs to hang out in Meri's area of the Lehi home. Then you read their book and find out that before the show even started, Christine was already not allowing Meri to be alone with her children, because Meri was so hard on them. Then later, after they had their homes in Vegas built, Meri decorates a room and Ysabel and one of Robyn's daughters pack suitcases and go spend time in "their" room at Meri's house. That is obviously baloney. Christine went from not wanting Meri to be alone with her kids, to sending Ysabel to spend the night? I don't buy it.

I remember it was Janelle that said Meri's mom (Bonnie) was such an introvert, she would hate running the B & B.

But Christine has said that Meri was too hard on her kids.  Go figure!  Meri's just a straight-up bitch to most of the kids.  Remember when she jumped them for picking on Robyn's kids?  Apparently Ysabel got on well with Meri in the early years (or so they said) but that could have been bullshit.  Meri really latched onto Solomon, but I think that was just to score points with Dickwad, since Robyn's been his favorite since the show started, anyway.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I remember it was Janelle that said Meri's mom (Bonnie) was such an introvert, she would hate running the B & B.

Thanks, I couldn't quite remember who said it. Well, Janelle would know about introverts! But she was apparently way off about Bonnie.

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

But Christine has said that Meri was too hard on her kids.  Go figure!  Meri's just a straight-up bitch to most of the kids.  Remember when she jumped them for picking on Robyn's kids?  Apparently Ysabel got on well with Meri in the early years (or so they said) but that could have been bullshit.  Meri really latched onto Solomon, but I think that was just to score points with Dickwad, since Robyn's been his favorite since the show started, anyway.

Yep...the shared child care stuff is bull. I think Christine used to genuinely enjoy taking care of Janelle's kids while Janelle worked - that may have been a set up that really did work for the two of them. But Meri? No way. I think she was scheming from day one to get more for her kid, and resented Janelle's and Christine's kids. And I've never seen Robyn really trust her sister wives enough to leave her kids with them for very long. She has her niece as a live-in nanny, for pete's sake, so quit trying to sell us a bill of goods on how you're all moms to all of the kids.

Meri's not even playing along with that bull crap story anymore. She flat out stated that she's not there to "babysit" anyone else's kids. If she really gave a crap about the kids, she wouldn't think of it as "babysitting". At least I wouldn't put it that way, if I was getting to spend time with any kid I am crazy about.

You are so right...any show Meri makes of liking a certain child, it's bull crap...she has a motive. If the child is of no use to her, then she's all "I'm not here to babysit your kids".

Also...just because I happened to think of it just now...I think she really enjoys traveling to sell her LuLaNo garbage, and when she includes her #BecauseICan hashtag on her trips to sell that crap, I think that is partly a passive-aggressive message to her sister wives. You guys have to sit there and take care of your kids, but I'm traveling around the country, because I can....and there's nothing you can do about it. 

Straight-up bitch is right, that's our Meri! 

• Love 9

I'll bet they aren't paying the mortgages, figuring the houses will sell eventually...and escrow will deduct the unpaid months and pay the bank.  And if they don't sell by a certain date, I'm sure these people probably wouldn't care if/when the banks foreclosed (before a sale). Let's face it, that's their MO...unpaid bills, bankruptcies, etc...nothing new for them.

• Love 12
On 12/6/2018 at 9:00 PM, Sasha888 said:

Thanks, I couldn't quite remember who said it. Well, Janelle would know about introverts! But she was apparently way off about Bonnie.

Yep...the shared child care stuff is bull. I think Christine used to genuinely enjoy taking care of Janelle's kids while Janelle worked - that may have been a set up that really did work for the two of them. But Meri? No way. I think she was scheming from day one to get more for her kid, and resented Janelle's and Christine's kids. And I've never seen Robyn really trust her sister wives enough to leave her kids with them for very long. She has her niece as a live-in nanny, for pete's sake, so quit trying to sell us a bill of goods on how you're all moms to all of the kids.

Meri's not even playing along with that bull crap story anymore. She flat out stated that she's not there to "babysit" anyone else's kids. If she really gave a crap about the kids, she wouldn't think of it as "babysitting". At least I wouldn't put it that way, if I was getting to spend time with any kid I am crazy about.

You are so right...any show Meri makes of liking a certain child, it's bull crap...she has a motive. If the child is of no use to her, then she's all "I'm not here to babysit your kids".

Also...just because I happened to think of it just now...I think she really enjoys traveling to sell her LuLaNo garbage, and when she includes her #BecauseICan hashtag on her trips to sell that crap, I think that is partly a passive-aggressive message to her sister wives. You guys have to sit there and take care of your kids, but I'm traveling around the country, because I can....and there's nothing you can do about it. 

Straight-up bitch is right, that's our Meri! 

Agree with this. 

I think we all realize Meri was never cut out for the plyg life and mistakenly figured she would remain queen bee despite the addition of wives. When this didn't happen and her strategies failed, this is the Meri we have now. Perhaps for her, it's about control and not wanting to be some sad sack with a bunch of kids running around and a doofus for a husband (maybe she finally realized that jerk and this life wasn't worth pining for). It didn't turn out the way she imagined, so instead of being dependent on that putz of a husband, she prefers to depend on herself and, in part, have the other dependent on her (I suspect she holds more financial cards then her sister wives). 

As far as the babysitting goes, I'm going to defend her a little--I'm sure she does care about the kids still at home, but they aren't hers. I feel like she's taking a stand against being what she perceives as a dumb, at-home, trapped, distrustful plyg wife. I think the asshole in her enjoys rubbing it in the others' faces, but I honestly don't care since I don't really like any of them. 

I'd rather see a bitchy Meri this season than a whiny, crying one. At least it's more honest. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I'd rather see a bitchy Meri this season than a whiny, crying one. At least it's more honest. 

I have to agree.  Just show your true colors and move on.  Less will be expected of you.

• Love 4

ginger90 has blessed us with the video above.

I thought nothing could be worse than Kody's kilt (I have authority people, I have been in a bagpipe band), its too high (yes, kilts can be worn too 'low', but his is wrong).

But then, later on in the video, there is a quick cut to a talking head.  Kody has... some sort of Shirley Temple curls going on.   I kid you not.

I want to discuss the move, and the kids that are shown discussing how they do not want to move ... but I can't.  I just can't.  I hate Kody, Janelle, Christine, Meri, and Robyn for doing this to the kids.  AGAIN.    God, I hate the adults in this family.  Janelle is shown in the video not wanting to move... but obviously she caved (I mean, that's what shes good at, for the love of god, a piece of flannel keeps this woman from exercising, I can't really be surprised).

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Xena said:

I just can't.

Count me out as well, it's all old news by now. You can't have your mugs splashed all over social media discussing your trials and tribulations and offering schlocky "wisdom" and then produce the video a year later.  Who the hell cares by then?  Actually, who the hell cares now?   I certainly don't.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Holy Shit!!   I think we all knew what a narcissist Kody is, but this is just beyond.   He cares nothing about poor Gabriel being yanked out of school for the SECOND  time (and it’s middle of his junior year ffs!)  Wives don’t want to go and all he can say is he is going to LEAD them.  

All of this chest pounding is making me wonder if he’s compensating for something.  Maybe parts aren’t working like they used to?  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Count me out as well, it's all old news by now. You can't have your mugs splashed all over social media discussing your trials and tribulations and offering schlocky "wisdom" and then produce the video a year later.  Who the hell cares by then?  Actually, who the hell cares now?   I certainly don't.

I don't really care about the adults either Kohola, but for some reason, I am intrigued with this show.  Maybe I find it fascinating because I have been on this journey with them since the inception of the program, so I'll tough it out until the bitter end.

This year's wedding has already been fully exploited in People magazine (off season Brown income stream), but I'll still watch and groan over Kody explaining his Scottish heritage.

If they are the close-knit family they claim to be, why couldn't the high school kids that wanted to, stay in LV with Maddie and Caleb and at least finish their year there. 

Why the sudden impulse to move...are they being persecuted in LV?  Storyline?  Or has the Lion King decided to once again disrupt everyone's life to act on a whim of his? 

I am really interested in the financial mechanics of this move and would take perverse enjoyment in witnessing Kody squirm when the realization hits him that their beaten up homes are not the hot ticket sellers he expected them to be.  As usual, the viewing audience will be fed the Who, What, When and Where, but never the real Why and How. 

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Why the sudden impulse to move...are they being persecuted in LV?

Especially since, in that cringe-worthy clip, they make reference to how often Kootie says he misses Utah.  They do know that Flagstaff is not in Utah, right?  Or maybe that's giving them too much credit.  And boo-hoo, he's so stressed.

41 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

If they are the close-knit family they claim to be, why couldn't the high school kids that wanted to, stay in LV with Maddie and Caleb and at least finish their year there. 

Excellent question.

I honestly haven't watched in years because these people are so totally distasteful to me.  Blood sucking leeches playing their cons all of the time but still managing to live like the King and his concubines.  It's a mystery and frustrating when you see hard working, honest people struggling to make ends meet.  But we monogamists deserve to suffer, I guess, because we "don't get it" and they have been "persecuted" so society owes them a free ride.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I am really interested in the financial mechanics of this move and would take perverse enjoyment in witnessing Kody squirm when the realization hits him that their beaten up homes are not the hot ticket sellers he expected them to be.  As usual, the viewing audience will be fed the Who, What, When and Where, but never the real Why and How.

I am too, and as you say, that is one of the things they definitely won't show us! I'm glad we have our super sleuths around here who keep us updated on the Vegas houses, and how they still haven't sold yet. I hope that continues indefinitely, and Mr. YouWillFollowWhereverILeadYou never gets his money out of those houses. Arrogant bastard.

Blood sucking leeches....perfect description, @Kohola3. And I can't wait for the day when Kody is old and can't retire because they show has dried up and he's lost everything because he bought 4 McMansions, left them behind, and made everyone move to Flagstaff. I know, I'm mean, but of all the idiot adults I hate Kody the most. He makes my skin crawl, how he got 4 women to marry him is beyond me. He deserves to end up broke someday.

He got this show, which pays what seems like plenty to a lot of us, but it isn't THAT much considering the size of that family, and it's been nothing but spend, spend, spend ever since! And now land and rentals in Flagstaff before the Vegas houses are sold. He reminds me of my ex-husband, the way he handles finances. If my ex won a million dollars, he'd spend 4 million and end up having everything repossessed. He must have gone to the Kody Brown School of Finance.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I don't really care about the adults either Kohola, but for some reason, I am intrigued with this show.  Maybe I find it fascinating because I have been on this journey with them since the inception of the program, so I'll tough it out until the bitter end.

This year's wedding has already been fully exploited in People magazine (off season Brown income stream), but I'll still watch and groan over Kody explaining his Scottish heritage.

Why the sudden impulse to move...are they being persecuted in LV?  Storyline?  Or has the Lion King decided to once again disrupt everyone's life to act on a whim of his? 

Me too, Sandy.  I just had to watch this show, from the beginning, and I still watch.  Of course, the more I watch, the snarkier I get.  I don't know why, but I too am fascinated by this cult, and others like Scientology.  

hehe, Lion King!  Good one.  I wonder how long it'll take before they start dropping the McMansion's prices.  Maybe someone knows, have Meri and Robyn's houses even been listed yet?  

Yes, it would be nice to know how they managed to get more loans, on top of the ones they already had.  They'll never live under their means, that's for sure.  That's for us boring monogamists.  Why shouldn't the persecuted polygs get to live free?  That's their entitled attitude.  Sick.

• Love 6

Lion King or Cowardly Lion?  Kody must have decided he needed to do something to stir up the drama to keep the show going.  Are Kody & Sisterwives' Joory declaring bankruptcy and getting out of town to avoid creditors?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, neh said:

I just watched the video and I have to note how really awful that boot lamp is.  I couldn't pay attention to what was being said because all my focus was on the boot!

The boot lamp is Janelle's concept of decorating in a Western theme.  Nothing says the American West more than a resin boot made in China.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

So obviously, Koderp's hair is going to be the scene-stealer of season 10.  From shoulder-length fire-threat to totes adorbs ringlets to messy manbun.  He's working it all, 'cause you know he's got those four (three) wifeys to please and they cannot ever agree on which style looks best on their man (barf).

I too will watch this show until the bitter end.  While I am not looking forward to watching Kodork once again thoughtlessly uproot his children, my hope is that he is raising a brood of kids who will not treat their own children as objects to be packed up and moved around on a whim (or for ratings).

But yay!  Meri cries some more!  Because of all those fillings!  My only regret is that the catfish was not referenced even once, but I'm crossing my fingers!

• Love 9

Wow, the look of hate Kody showed when Janelle said she didn't want to move was kind of scary. Does he spend any time with these people when their lives are not being filmed? The posters here show more empathy and compassion for his children than he does. Heck, we show more empathy and compassion for his wives than he does, and I don't think anyone here has much respect for them. He is an awful, awful human being.

• Love 13

I can’t wait for new episodes to snark on, you guys are some of my favorite posters on PTV.  It’s just annoying how far behind reality the show is—are we supposed to be shocked that Aspyn is engaged when her wedding was in People 6 months ago?  However, like many of you I’ve been watching since the beginning and will be there until the bitter end.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I can’t wait for new episodes to snark on, you guys are some of my favorite posters on PTV.  It’s just annoying how far behind reality the show is—are we supposed to be shocked that Aspyn is engaged when her wedding was in People 6 months ago?  However, like many of you I’ve been watching since the beginning and will be there until the bitter end.

It's just a year ago today that I discovered this site.  It's been great to have been kept up-to-date with the intrepid detectives here, even though we are miles ahead of the Brown's story-line arc.

It seems now we will have to change our description of the housing situation from cult-de-sac to something more appropriate...Home on the Range???

Happy Holidays to all, I look forward to the new season with the most astute observers of the Brown Bunch.

• Love 11

read an article this morning referencing their new homes in Flagstaff, so I white pages googled to just see if there were addresses and what do you know, Christines matches all the pictures her and the kids have been posting, Jenelle's is also a very nice house. But when I looked for Meri, there was no listing, but........ there was one for Mariah Brown in Flagstaff, and its a 7 bedroom that resembles some of Robyn's instagram pics, and there is no listing in Flagstaff for Robyn other than the new property. Kody is listed as residing at Christine's home. Could it be that Meri and Robyn couldn't qualify for even a rental so they had to get it in Mariah's name.

• Love 9
On 12/20/2018 at 6:47 AM, ginger90 said:

Oh My!!  At the very end...when poor stressed Kody says "I could just sit down and cry" ALL I could think of was from the Office...when Andy went on his audition and the video was set to autotune... I have that stupid song playing in my head !!

...you're just not good. you're just not good...

• Love 6

Kody's eyes actually seem to darken when he gets pissy.  I notice it most on the Tell-Nothings, when he's all stony-faced and glowering at whatever Meri says.

Yes, it will be great fun to have new old stuff to snark at.  I enjoy my fellow snarkers here, more than any other show forum.

3 hours ago, bamaview said:

read an article this morning referencing their new homes in Flagstaff, so I white pages googled to just see if there were addresses and what do you know, Christines matches all the pictures her and the kids have been posting, Jenelle's is also a very nice house. But when I looked for Meri, there was no listing, but........ there was one for Mariah Brown in Flagstaff, and its a 7 bedroom that resembles some of Robyn's instagram pics, and there is no listing in Flagstaff for Robyn other than the new property. Kody is listed as residing at Christine's home. Could it be that Meri and Robyn couldn't qualify for even a rental so they had to get it in Mariah's name.

I wonder about that.  How would any lending institution extend a 7 BR house loan to Mariah?  She's supposed to be in grad school!  We know Meri must owe big on the B & B in Parowan.  Are any of the properties in Lion King's name?

• Love 8
11 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder about that.  How would any lending institution extend a 7 BR house loan to Mariah?  She's supposed to be in grad school!  We know Meri must owe big on the B & B in Parowan.  Are any of the properties in Lion King's name?

I don't think Mariah got a loan. These are supposed to be rentals, right?  

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Who needs 7 bedrooms in this family?

Oh, PLEASE let this mean that Meri has to bunk with Janelle or some such other awkward fam'ly combo!  Pleeeease!!

I have an idea - since I feel partially responsible for @LilWharveyGal's weekly recaps (due to my stubbornness about handing Vudu $24.99 to watch the Brown Clowns...I eventually caved because I had to see the spectacle of FT and Mykelti's wedding with my own eyes), I was wondering if we should take turns recapping the episodes for this coming season.  Reading those recaps was a highlight of my day, but unless our fearless recapper wants to once again take the reins, taking turns might be a fun thing to do.  Everyone has their own flair for the snark, and I have LOL'd at work reading these posts (while pretending to hide it with a cough) more times than I can count.

What are your fillings about this? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I thought I read that they bought land + for some $800 K?  

Could be rentals?  Hmmm...their finances must be a complicated nightmare.

It seems that Christine bought the rental she was occupying, 6860 N. Bader Rd. Flagstaff, 2400 sq.ft. for $520,000, September, 2018.   It was built in 1995 and has the kitchen remodeled.  If you google the address, there are 27 pictures of exterior and interior.  There are only 3 bedrooms, but it seems to have more quality appointments than their LV homes.  There is a really nice family room on the upper level that I guess could accommodate Mykelti and FT or Aspyn and Mitch when they come to visit.  I don't know the proximity of the house to the land they purchased nor why she purchased an existing home instead of building with the rest of the group.  Either it was more cost effective to buy rather than build or Christine plans to flip this one when the time is right to build.

I wasn't able to find anything about a 7 bedroom home or anything that lists Mariah as a buyer.  I don't think that renters would show up on a title search, so even if Mariah had to co-sign for Meri renting it probably wouldn't show.

I don't have the ability to do a deep search, so maybe @bamaview could steer us in the direction to check out her interesting finds.

Edited by Sandy W
Added date of purchase and changed #of photos
  • Love 8

Meanwhile I sit here still dumbfounded on how these people can still be making payments on the McMansions, while buying up new properties and houses in Flagstaff, on a TLC income.  I suppose the jool'ry business could be taking off, but somehow I doubt it.

• Love 13

Yes, the money situation is the huge question. None of them have a high paying job, and haven't since the move to Las Vegas. There is no way that TLC pays enough for them to have 5 or 6 houses, plus land, plus pay rent on 2 or 3 houses.

All that I can think of is Kody's dad left a fortune when he died. He did have a ranch. Is it possible that he left Kody millions of dollars?

Edited by Libby
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Libby said:

Yes, the money situation is the huge question. None of them have a high paying job, and haven't since the move to Las Vegas. There is no way that TLC pays enough for them to have 5 or 6 houses, plus land, plus pay rent on 2 or 3 houses.

All that I can think of is Kody's dad left a fortune when he died. He did have a ranch. Is it possible that he left Kody millions of dollars?

At the rate these clowns are spending, they could drain that million dollar(s) inheritance in no time.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

At the rate these clowns are spending, they could drain that million dollar(s) inheritance in no time. 

Plus there were quite a few siblings in Kody's family. Any inheritance would be split many ways. Also, his mother is still alive. For most families this would mean the children aren't inheriting anything yet (though some are different, but in many if Mom is still alive, it isn't time for the kids to be inheriting yet). Also, Kody's father had TWO wives, Kody's mom and Janelle's mom, so who knows how much is left to those two.

One of the relatives was running the ranch in one of the episodes (I forget how that person was related to Kody) so it seems like perhaps they weren't going to sell off the land. That could have changed, though. Whichever relative that was could have been farming Wynn's land with the understanding that at some point it would be sold.

At any rate, Kody's parents did not appear to be living large, so I don't see how they'd have enough, even if zippo was left to Kody's mother, for it to equal a lot when liquidated and split up between many siblings.

Never can tell though...I doubt anyone who saw how my parents lived would suspect what they left us. The whole town would be picking their jaws up off the floor if they knew what my parents had stashed away for their children. Sometimes people who live simply, in a modest home, have money to burn, and people in large beautiful homes don't even own their homes let alone have money put away.

So...appearances can be deceiving. But the big thing I keep coming back to is would they really sell off the family land, and would Wynn have left nothing for his wife (and second wife) and it would be getting disbursed among the children already? And with that many children, would Kody's parents have had 7-8 million so that each child inherited 1 million? I find that unlikely.

I find it more likely that Kody has pulled some kind of goofy, underhanded deal. (cue the beady eyes and shark-like stare)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Plus there were quite a few siblings in Kody's family. Any inheritance would be split many ways. Also, his mother is still alive. For most families this would mean the children aren't inheriting anything yet (though some are different, but in many if Mom is still alive, it isn't time for the kids to be inheriting yet). Also, Kody's father had TWO wives, Kody's mom and Janelle's mom, so who knows how much is left to those two.

One of the relatives was running the ranch in one of the episodes (I forget how that person was related to Kody) so it seems like perhaps they weren't going to sell off the land. That could have changed, though. Whichever relative that was could have been farming Wynn's land with the understanding that at some point it would be sold.

At any rate, Kody's parents did not appear to be living large, so I don't see how they'd have enough, even if zippo was left to Kody's mother, for it to equal a lot when liquidated and split up between many siblings.

Never can tell though...I doubt anyone who saw how my parents lived would suspect what they left us. The whole town would be picking their jaws up off the floor if they knew what my parents had stashed away for their children. Sometimes people who live simply, in a modest home, have money to burn, and people in large beautiful homes don't even own their homes let alone have money put away.

So...appearances can be deceiving. But the big thing I keep coming back to is would they really sell off the family land, and would Wynn have left nothing for his wife (and second wife) and it would be getting disbursed among the children already? And with that many children, would Kody's parents have had 7-8 million so that each child inherited 1 million? I find that unlikely.

I find it more likely that Kody has pulled some kind of goofy, underhanded deal. (cue the beady eyes and shark-like stare)

Kody's dad had three wives.  Janelle's mom was his third wife.  I would imagine that the ranch was to be kept together and not sold.  I think one of Kody's older brothers was running the ranch.  They painted his mom's house on week while they were there and she was happy because it hadn't been painted in years.  So I agree they probably didn't have money to spare.  Who knows what kind of deal they made to own 5 homes and renting 4 and buying 4 large lots of land.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meanwhile I sit here still dumbfounded on how these people can still be making payments on the McMansions, while buying up new properties and houses in Flagstaff, on a TLC income.  I suppose the jool'ry business could be taking off, but somehow I doubt it.

The only other way they could possibly afford all their combined housing is if their bank approved them for interest only payments until the LV homes sell.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Kody's dad had three wives.  Janelle's mom was his third wife.

Really? When was this shown (or is this something wasn't ever shown on the show)? The house-painting episode showed Kody's mother Genielle and Janelle's mother Sheryl and implied that they were Wynn's two wives. They interviewed the two and they explained how a plural marriage is like a wheel and the more wives (spokes) you added the stronger the wheel, and no third "spoke" was mentioned. Genielle mentioned having a hard time at first, when Sheryl first came into the picture. They showed their two houses on the ranch...at the very least, that episode was set up to imply that they were the only two. One of the children was shown asking "Is Grandpa married to you and Grandma Sheryl?" etc with no mention of anyone else.

I guess maybe that's how you'd edit it, if one wife did not want to participate in filming...

• Love 2

From his obituary:

He is survived by his siblings Joseph Guernsey (Gurn) Brown, Persis Ann Skinner, Val Young Brown,  Alma Taylor Brown Jr. (Buster), and Emma Louise Christoffersen;  his wives Genielle, Bobbie and Sheryl, and nine children; Cindy Hansen, Scott Allan Brown, Lorilyn Beck, Kody Winn Brown, Christine King, Tricia Lee Garner, Travis Merrill Brown, Leah Nicole Lundquist, and William Michael Brown.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From his obituary:

He is survived by his siblings Joseph Guernsey (Gurn) Brown, Persis Ann Skinner, Val Young Brown,  Alma Taylor Brown Jr. (Buster), and Emma Louise Christoffersen;  his wives Genielle, Bobbie and Sheryl, and nine children; Cindy Hansen, Scott Allan Brown, Lorilyn Beck, Kody Winn Brown, Christine King, Tricia Lee Garner, Travis Merrill Brown, Leah Nicole Lundquist, and William Michael Brown.  

They did make a reference to Bobbie on the show and mentioned that she didn't want to be on camera.  She is probably the mother of some of Kidy's siblings and I don't believe there were any children with Sheryl (Janelle's mom) as she was middle-aged when she came into the fold.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

They did make a reference to Bobbie on the show and mentioned that she didn't want to be on camera.  She is probably the mother of some of Kidy's siblings and I don't believe there were any children with Sheryl (Janelle's mom) as she was middle-aged when she came into the fold.

I completely missed that there was a third 'spoke' in the wheel of Kody's 'moms.'  I do remember reading that three wives was the magic number a man needed to assure he'd have his own little planet in the celestial kingdom.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I completely missed that there was a third 'spoke' in the wheel of Kody's 'moms.'  I do remember reading that three wives was the magic number a man needed to assure he'd have his own little planet in the celestial kingdom.

That may have been the reason Sheryl was welcomed in, despite the fact that she was probably past the age where she could contribute to the population of the celestial kingdom.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

That would be interesting to know (if there are other siblings for Kody) because I remember him saying he was raised LDS and while he was away on his mission, his mother decided they should be FLDS...so when he came back, his parents had changed over to FLDS. I assumed that meant that his parents were older and not having kids anymore, but of course now that I think about it, that does not mean a new wife wouldn't be young enough to have kids (and Kody was one of the older ones, his own mother could have still been having kids...I don't think she was though).

I completely missed any reference to this wife Bobbie on the show.

His brother Curtis is not listed as "survived by" in the portion of the obit posted above, did he pass away before Kody's dad? Either way, before or after, that was some double whammy for Kody's mom, losing both husband and son in a fairly short amount of time. Ouch.

On "Seeking Sister Wives", when Aspyn's husband Mitch's sister, Vanessa, was featured, it was presented as though Vanessa was the first wife, Sharis was the second, and they were seeking a third. Then later one of the super sleuths here on PTV found out Vanessa was 2nd...there was a whole first wife and a ton of kids who didn't want to participate in the show, so they presented it like oh, here's Vanessa and Sharis who live in the same house and everything's peachy, and we want to bring in a new wife...while the real first wife refused to participate. So not a peep was said about it. Also there was speculation (or maybe real evidence, I forget) that their name was not Aldridge, but Allred (Christine's maiden name). On one of Aspyn's instagram posts, she referred to her as Aldridge.

I guess that was my long winded way of saying I can't keep up with all the lies and omissions!!!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Just imagine if Sheryl and Winn had a child born to them.  That would be Kody's uncle or aunt as well as his half-brother or half-sister in law.  What a web!

Let's just say for example they had a boy. I get how he would be Kody's half-brother, and half-brother-in-law, but I don't get how it would be his uncle? Ugh...these people make my head hurt! :-)

• Love 4