Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

On 8/29/2018 at 9:53 PM, MonicaM said:

True.  This program is "scripted reality" which means we don't know how much is reality and how much is scripted.  Does Meri play the martyr in real life because she only had one child?  Who knows.  

Not that my husband or I would ever be willing to have cameras recording our personal family life, as we are all introverts to the extreme, but if I was in a "scripted reality" I could never ever follow a script that portrayed us in a negative light just for entertainment. I care too much about my character and integrity to go along with something false, essentially lying about who I am or what my life is really like. And I certainly wouldn't allow my amazing husband and beautiful daughters to be exploited, either. I just  don't understand how people allow bad behaviour--scripted or not--to be filmed and portrayed as representative of who they really are.  It's not even about pride or vanity; it's about respect and dignity. 

Regarding Meri's infertility issues, my husband and I initially wanted more children and we wanted a large family. But as I have been fighting cancer for 15+ years, I was extremely grateful to have the two beautiful daughters that God has given us. We are Catholic and I see large, beautiful families and often feel a twinge of a lost dream, especially when I see cute little boys and I would've loved to have a little guy of my own. This is something I never allow to marinate: I believe in being grateful for the blessings I DO have and living for each day itself. The cancer is a sobering reminder that I must fully embrace NOW, being present in each moment as it comes, because we really only have 'now'. If Meri would look at life differently, gain proper perspective of her life, and ACCEPT and ADAPT to what IS, she would be a lot more happy and satisfied with what she does have. 

• Love 23

I can not believe Meri is still hanging around. I guess she will until the show is finally cancelled. I really thought after last season and all of the alienation and misery she would have the guts to leave but she's gotta keep collecting those TLC checks! 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I can not believe Meri is still hanging around. I guess she will until the show is finally cancelled. I really thought after last season and all of the alienation and misery she would have the guts to leave but she's gotta keep collecting those TLC checks! 

I don't think she has the guts to leave--the only time she considered it was for what she thought was a good looking millionaire (which she still plays "victim" over). She's going to continue playing games and make everyone miserable. 

I hope this season gives it to her even worse and hope the producers hate her as much as some of us do. For all her game playing, she has it coming. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, lookeyloo said:

That was my thought.  How can they film them in their natural habitat if neighbors don't want/complain about filming - fake rooms and mostly talking heads?  Oy.  Boring.

Since they probably are not living close to each other, they probably needed a place to bring the "family" to tape the talking heads, couch scenes.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

I think I read the new season starts in January.

It seems M & T aren't active on social media, or we would have some idea of what those two entitlement brats are up to lately.

No one mentions them on theirs. It’s kind of odd, actually.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It seems M & T aren't active on social media, or we would have some idea of what those two entitlement brats are up to lately.

Since they were such attention whores it is quite puzzling.  Divorce on the horizon?  Or they're hiding out because she's not pregnant and thus there is no possibility of a deal with People or some other rag for exclusive pictures of the spawn?

• Love 5
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No one mentions them on theirs. It’s kind of odd, actually.

I don't blame them for lying low. I doubt that they were prepared for the response they got their wedding and to Tony being on the show. I also wonder if there is a rift between them and the Browns. I agree, it is odd.

Just now, neh said:

I don't blame them for lying low. I doubt that they were prepared for the response they got to their wedding and to Tony being on the show. I also wonder if there is a rift between them and the Browns. I agree, it is odd.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, neh said:

I don't blame them for lying low. I doubt that they were prepared for the response they got their wedding and to Tony being on the show. I also wonder if there is a rift between them and the Browns. I agree, it is odd.

As much as I disliked them for their entitled attitudes, I say good for them for laying low in an age where everyone is expected to be on SM. I forgot they existed. 

• Love 7

If true, having to deny who she is for so long would help to explain Meri's deep unhappiness. The only bad thing I can see about it being true is that admitting it could blow up her world and her place in that world. I don't think the other adults would accept her like they appear to be doing with Mariah. The catfishing was a short term betrayal of the family and I think they would be much less compassionate about what would most likely be perceived by them as a long term betrayal. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, suomi said:

If true, having to deny who she is for so long would help to explain Meri's deep unhappiness. The only bad thing I can see about it being true is that admitting it could blow up her world and her place in that world. I don't think the other adults would accept her like they appear to be doing with Mariah. The catfishing was a short term betrayal of the family and I think they would be much less compassionate about what would most likely be perceived by them as a long term betrayal. 

But if it's Meri, why the histrionics over Mariah? Subterfuge? Self-hate, self-denial?

If it's Meri, I think coming out would be a good thing for her. But at the same time, I understand her reticence. The only world she's known would be gone. It would probably be the best thing for her eventually, but there would be bumps. 

ETA: agree with you that it would explain so much of Meri's feelings and behavior. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a struggle like that deep inside you and have to live with such fear.

Also ETA: thinking about it, if true, her initial reaction to Mariah coming out actually makes more sense, because she was being confronted with something that she herself has denied and repressed for so long. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 4

Any Phoenix people see the interview they aired yesterday on the local Fox affiliate? I saw promos for it during Sunday NFL football but forgot to watch. I don’t see it posted yet on the fox 10 site. 

2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Only Robyn!  For as much as they always talk about "the Family, the Family, the FAMILY" they sure do everything one on one. 

Oh, oh, oh, but she "shoulda been together (with the fam) since Day 1."

Dear Robyn can even rewrite herself and her kids into life with the Browns, before she was even a thought!  Remember the drawing of a younger Kody with his three "new kids?"  She can speak for everyone, anyway ;)

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh, oh, oh, but she "shoulda been together (with the fam) since Day 1."

Dear Robyn can even rewrite herself and her kids into life with the Browns, before she was even a thought!  Remember the drawing of a younger Kody with his three "new kids?"  She can speak for everyone, anyway ;)

Creepy as hell!

DC858C78-A247-4A10-A0B6-D21480E592ED.jpeg

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Gotta love the ethereal glow surrounding the High Prophet Kootie.

Those kids are going to need some heavy duty counseling.

Hell, I might need some heavy duty counseling seeing that picture again.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, lma said:

Dayton with the thumbs up cracks me up every time. I mean I get that he was probably giving a thumbs up in the original photo but the artist didn’t have to add that detail to the Robyn version. It’s just stupid. (And yes, I agree the whole photo is stupid but that thumb ... lol).

Yes, that thumb is up in the photo she gave the artist.  The saddest thing is that she cut out their Dad from the photo, but his arm is clearly there holding his kids.  Her "purity" speech was odd enough, but this drawing was just bizarre.

1.jpg.97e366690d746362fcf56e79d9cebb6c.jpg

Edited by Roslyn
  • Love 8

Meanwhile, cynical me was sure that the thumbs up was added to co-sign how wonderful Kody is. ("Just do it, honey, and when you're older I'll explain the meaning of health insurance and first wife.")

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, lma said:

Bwaaaaah! And good grief the “artist” turned the kids’ real daddy’s hand into Kody’s hand! ??‍♀️ 

I had never seen that aspect of the original photo before.  What an outrageous infringement of a special moment in time the bio father was sharing with his children.  That is an all time low, even for Robyn.

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, lma said:

Bwaaaaah! And good grief the “artist” turned the kids’ real daddy’s hand into Kody’s hand! ??‍♀️ 

And added a snowy white shirt cuff generously peeking from the sleeve of the jacket. (Bio dad lacked a shirt cuff). Maybe he wore a short-sleeved shirt under his jacket - the horror! Are shirts with long sleeves are the preferred LDS attire for formal portraits? Missionaries can wear short sleeves. And they gave Kody the hair he wishes he had/maybe used to have and a hairstyle Robyn prefers to his surfer look. I guess he also wore glasses back in his heyday so this will mesh with other photos of that era. They thought of everything! Roses and violins! I think creating this photo is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. I mean, who does that? Small favors - at least it wasn't a photoshop hatchet job. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 4
On 11/6/2018 at 2:07 PM, Kohola3 said:

Gotta love the ethereal glow surrounding the High Prophet Kootie.

Those kids are going to need some heavy duty counseling.

I hope bio dad has never seen/heard of this photo because if he has I bet it hurts. Deeply. Jeez, is the original displayed in his home or his parents home and have the kids seen it?  Counseling, indeed. 

• Love 7

That picture reminds me of an episode of The Office where Michael Scott sends out a Christmas card where he photoshopped himself into the picture of a ski trip his girlfriend and kids had taken with her ex-husband. His girlfriend broke up with him because it was creepy.

So Robyn, I know you like to think you’re sensitive to other people, but you’re as dense as Michael Scott. Let that marinate.  

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Kbo said:

That picture reminds me of an episode of The Office where Michael Scott sends out a Christmas card where he photoshopped himself into the picture of a ski trip his girlfriend and kids had taken with her ex-husband. His girlfriend broke up with him because it was creepy.

So Robyn, I know you like to think you’re sensitive to other people, but you’re as dense as Michael Scott. Let that marinate.  

lolol  When I first saw that picture revealed this is exactly what popped into my mind!!!

"...I was there, in your heart, and next to your kids..."

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, if the family realtor is busy sitting in front of a fire and testing bizarre ingredients in her coffee, I doubt they ever will be.  

She's like a few of the worst agents in LV who just list and then sit back and hope someone else will sell it.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Christine and Janelle’s houses are still on the market. Last time I checked, Meri’s and Robyn’s aren’t listed yet.

Doubtful they will sell at the elevated prices considering they have no high end amenities in them.  Plus wear and tear that is not fixed, replaced or at least professionally cleaned wont sell for the elevated price.  It's a lot of space, but nothing grand.  Maybe they should have all listened to Janelle from the start and not built such large homes.  They could have gone with half the square footage and still had enough room for everyone.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Maybe they should have all listened to Janelle from the start and not built such large homes.  They could have gone with half the square footage and still had enough room for everyone.

But these are the BROWN!  They are persecuted POLYGAMISTS!  They deserve the biggest and best of EVERYTHING!  For FREE!

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Doubtful they will sell at the elevated prices considering they have no high end amenities in them.  Plus wear and tear that is not fixed, replaced or at least professionally cleaned wont sell for the elevated price.  It's a lot of space, but nothing grand.  Maybe they should have all listened to Janelle from the start and not built such large homes.  They could have gone with half the square footage and still had enough room for everyone.

Totally agree. All the homes have going for them are fairly nice kitchens open floor plans--so they're just, big, boring homes with no perks. For the prices they're asking, I would expect at least a pool, large spa, outdoor kitchen/entertaining area and nicer landscaping/vegetation. 

• Love 8

Their lazy approach to selling shows how special they think they are. "As seen on Sister Wives!" Who. The hell. CARES. That is not even a plus in most people's minds!

When I was moving, I staged my house myself. Set the table with a nice table setting, put a tray with a coffee cup and the newspaper on the bed...it's not that hard. Pack up all your belongings, leave a few things behind to stage. 

I had to put my house on the market at the worst time for the city I was living in (probably a bad time anywhere)...this time of year, right between Thanksgiving and Christmas, when people are busy. It sold in a few weeks. I was closing by the first week of January.

We just finally sold our parents' house...small town, about 2500 people. Difficult market, a house that was only going to appeal to certain people...dang thing was on the market for 13 months. It is a huge pain to have a house sit empty, and it's not good for the house either. I was always going over there to run the faucets, etc. There's just a lot of things that can break down if you're not using them.

Selling it reminded me of Meri and that stupid Parowan house. Except I actually GREW UP in that house, and yes I loved it. My Dad remodeled every room in that house at least twice, they lived there for over 50 years. His handiwork and care is obvious in every room. But it did not make sense for me to move into it, for a lot of reasons. Yeah, it sucks having a family home sold to a stranger. But some of us don't HAVE to have something just because it's there and we WANT it. 

These pea wits are hemorrhaging money every month those homes sit empty.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Their lazy approach to selling shows how special they think they are. "As seen on Sister Wives!" Who. The hell. CARES. That is not even a plus in most people's minds!

When I was moving, I staged my house myself. Set the table with a nice table setting, put a tray with a coffee cup and the newspaper on the bed...it's not that hard. Pack up all your belongings, leave a few things behind to stage. 

I had to put my house on the market at the worst time for the city I was living in (probably a bad time anywhere)...this time of year, right between Thanksgiving and Christmas, when people are busy. It sold in a few weeks. I was closing by the first week of January.

We just finally sold our parents' house...small town, about 2500 people. Difficult market, a house that was only going to appeal to certain people...dang thing was on the market for 13 months. It is a huge pain to have a house sit empty, and it's not good for the house either. I was always going over there to run the faucets, etc. There's just a lot of things that can break down if you're not using them.

Selling it reminded me of Meri and that stupid Parowan house. Except I actually GREW UP in that house, and yes I loved it. My Dad remodeled every room in that house at least twice, they lived there for over 50 years. His handiwork and care is obvious in every room. But it did not make sense for me to move into it, for a lot of reasons. Yeah, it sucks having a family home sold to a stranger. But some of us don't HAVE to have something just because it's there and we WANT it. 

These pea wits are hemorrhaging money every month those homes sit empty.

Exactly! I get not wanting to sell too. No one in my family wanted to sell my grandparents house. It was a beautiful Victorian house that my grandfather worked hard to keep it perfect condition. Every room had his touch and every room had memories. The room my father grew up in. The room his sisters grew up in. All the Christmases and other gatherings we had together with the whole family. But it really wasn't practical to keep. It was in small town everyone but my aunt moved away because the lack of jobs and she wouldn't have been able to take care of it and renting it would have been a pain. My uncle would have had to drive all the way down to deal with any problems or landlord stuff. It just wouldn't work. So we sold it. It wasn't easy especially when the people who bought the house ended up trashing it. But keeping it wasn't an option. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 7

We also sold our house 10 years ago between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I had two young kids at the time, so I was constantly picking up in order to show it.  I thought I was failing miserably, but people would come through and comment on how clean it was, which made me wonder about the conditions of other houses on the market, LOL.  It takes some work but it's not that difficult.  And honestly, I found those McMansions to be pretty ugly in terms of the decor and as I recall, lots and lots of beige and dark wood.  Seems like Janelle could drive on down to Hobby Lobby, meet Meri in the parking lot, and pick out some colorful vases or candles or something to brighten the places up a little bit.

Are they even really trying to sell the houses?  What's the point of not putting them all on the market at the same time?  And what genius financed them for their new Flagstaff properties when they're still paying off four McMortgages?  Can someone with real estate knowledge explain how these people are paying for all of these homes on a TLC income?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8

Their finances are, and will probably always be, a total mystery.  We have no idea what TLC pays but from other reality show leaks, it just isn't that much, certainly not enough to support their shenanigans.  All I know is that if I tried to pull off this crap they would laugh me out of the real estate office.  I can't believe the hoops I had to jump through for both of my homes and I was working full time with a paid off car and no outstanding bills at the time.

(Plus the paperwork for the first one listed me as a spinster which still ticks me off 40 years later.  But that's another topic.)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

And honestly, I found those McMansions to be pretty ugly in terms of the decor and as I recall, lots and lots of beige and dark wood.

I like the dark wood cabinets in their kitchens. However, that's a personal preference, and someone who has the $600,000 to blow on a house may not share that opinion. If I were spending that kind of money on a house, it better be EXACTLY what I want. Someone who needs a house immediately would probably buy, but otherwise if your housing budget is that huge, and you have the time, why wouldn't you just build new rather than buy one of theirs?

My brother has a 5 bedroom 3 1/2 bath home (not as expensive, because it's not in Vegas, cheaper area) but the finishes are outstanding AND it came with a POOL. Even in an area that's not as hot as Vegas, it still came with a pool, and a gorgeous fireplace, etc. Just all the really nice things you'd expect, whereas their houses sorta scream "cheap".

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

And what genius financed them for their new Flagstaff properties when they're still paying off four McMortgages?

HA! Exactly.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I can't believe the hoops I had to jump through for both of my homes and I was working full time with a paid off car and no outstanding bills at the time.

When I bought my first house, I lived in a city where you had to have a pre-approval letter from a bank so they knew I would qualify for a mortgage, and they'd only show me properties in that range. No wasting their time looking at really expensive homes you can't afford.

When I moved back to my tiny hometown, my realtor used to work for my Dad, graduated with my brother, and has known our family for years. When I was ready to make an offer on a house, he matter-of-factly says to me "You're paying cash, right?"

And I answered, "Yep!" :-) I do not live like the Browns! But you KNOW you're from a small town when the realtor already had that figured out. 

• Love 8
On 12/4/2018 at 10:48 AM, Sasha888 said:

Selling it reminded me of Meri and that stupid Parowan house. Except I actually GREW UP in that house, and yes I loved it. My Dad remodeled every room in that house at least twice, they lived there for over 50 years. His handiwork and care is obvious in every room.

Do you mean the B&B?  I've stayed there, and you're right - it's beautiful and someone obviously loved it and took pride in it.

Hi @AZChristian, when I said I grew up there, loved it, etc, I was referring to the previous paragraph I'd written...about how I was selling my parents' house. And how it was impractical for me to keep it (even though I wouldn't have actually even needed to borrow money!) and how it reminded me of Meri. Sometimes just because you want something doesn't mean you HAVE to have it. 

My siblings and I were all sad, we all loved it, but I said to them, it was on the market 13 months. How many times did we go over there to visit it...not for upkeep, which was a pain, but JUST to visit it and BE in the house because we loved it? Never. Not once. Because Mom and Dad are not there. The people you loved are not in a material object, they are within yourself.

Meri, IMO, has a giant hole of unhappiness inside herself, and she tries to fill it up with material things, trips, etc. That never works. She thinks "If I can just have that house in Parowan, I'll be happy". No, you won't, Meri. You thought if you could just have a wet bar, you'd be happy. She needs to do some work with a serious therapist (NOT Nancy) because she has a half million dollar home, a $300K B&B, etc, and she is STILL not happy. All the trips to Disneyland and her LuLaNo friends aren't making her happy either. No house ever built has ever made an unhappy person into a happy one. 

Last year we did a late Christmas in January...met up at a central location, a hotel in Kansas City. The breakfast lady came over to us and said "I just had to come tell you, it's so wonderful to see a group of family like you all laughing and having such a good time together! It just warms my heart!" My parents are gone, but they were more "present" in that hotel in KC that they'd never been to than they are in that house. Because all of their descendants were there, and loving each other, and enjoying each other. 

I was married to a person who thought if he could just have this ONE more material thing, he'd be happy. They are a black hole of unhappiness...not only will all the material things in the world never be enough, they'll suck YOU into their vortex and make you unhappy, too. It's no surprise to me that the rest of the wives & Kody have finally tired of Meri, and avoid her. People like that suck all the joy out of your life, and you feel great when you get away from them. Their neediness and their constant "I want I want I want" is just too much.

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 18
On 12/4/2018 at 1:21 PM, laurakaye said:

And what genius financed them for their new Flagstaff properties when they're still paying off four McMortgages?  

Who else but TLC is paying for the mortgages you know they aint.

4 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Who else but TLC is paying for the mortgages you know they aint.

I find that really difficult to believe, though. Their show is just not that popular.  I can't see TLC paying that kind of money.

• Love 12