Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

If there is any drama in the neighborhood I'm sure Kody will claim religious persecution rather than take responsibility for creating a disturbance.  It would give him a nice, crybaby little story line, one he desperately needs. Because the Browns already did the "giant disruptive move to another state and scramble to build new houses" plot line if I am not mistaken.  I hope that's not all that's in store for us in the future.

Although I admit I am anxious to find out if Meri will once again demand a 25 room house all to herself, complete with a wetbar for serving pastries and a craft room for painting her corn cans.  Will the wives and Kody bend to her will again, or will they suggest if she needs a new wetbar for her pastries, perhaps she should consider constructing it in Parrowan (which is famous for its cinnamon rolls!) and suggest she move her corn can painting operation to her she-shed out back? 

• Love 15
50 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

If there is any drama in the neighborhood I'm sure Kody will claim religious persecution rather than take responsibility for creating a disturbance.  It would give him a nice, crybaby little story line, one he desperately needs. Because the Browns already did the "giant disruptive move to another state and scramble to build new houses" plot line if I am not mistaken.  I hope that's not all that's in store for us in the future.

Although I admit I am anxious to find out if Meri will once again demand a 25 room house all to herself, complete with a wetbar for serving pastries and a craft room for painting her corn cans.  Will the wives and Kody bend to her will again, or will they suggest if she needs a new wetbar for her pastries, perhaps she should consider constructing it in Parrowan (which is famous for its cinnamon rolls!) and suggest she move her corn can painting operation to her she-shed out back? 

Celia, you're on fire for a Monday!  

Are you the one who "told" Meri to go paint a corn can?  Too funny.

Great post.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

In the pictures  Paedon posted on Insta, the house is on a road with houses all along the road. One picture was shot looking right down into a neighbor's side yard. The homes are on acreage, so many aren't right up close to the road but it would still be a a nuisance to have a bunch of crew trucks and vans, plus looky-loo cars driving up and down the road. At least it is an asphalt road instead of cinder.   

As someone who moved out of the city onto acreage, that would drive me nuts. We're very rural (dirt/sand roads) and we all know one another' vehicles. When strange ones suddenly appear, none of us really like that. Locals hope on the radio and sometimes get on their 4-wheelers to see if the lurkers are just looking for land to buy, visiting, or up to no good. We definitely don't like lurkers. There's no other reason to be up here. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

As someone who moved out of the city onto acreage, that would drive me nuts.

Same here. When there is a car parked for any length of time on my street, my law enforcement spidy senses go into overdrive and I wonder if it is someone looking at vacant house or talking on their cell or whatever. The Brown Family Circus was behind gates and at the end of their own cuddle sac for seven years. You can bet they have no idea how to behave in a public setting. Remember how ignorant they were during the first season when so many people and paparazzi where around their houses in Lehi? And the cops had to up their patrol in the area because of it? Ten bucks says the same thing happens here.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Was there much of a problem with people lurking around the cuddle sac in vegas? I know it was gated, but people might have still tried.  I never heard it was a problem.  I get the idea the new house is kind of off the beaten path ( am I right?) - seems like not many people are going to bother poking around. I could be wrong.

The traffic for filming might be a drag. Is it really that extensive, though? 

Ugh, it just occurred to me ... Kody has a whole new town full of people to go around informing he has FOUR WIVES, THAT'S RIGHT FOUR!!!  I was hoping I wouldn't have to hear that any more except on vacation shows.  Bleh.

The Vegas houses were pretty easy to find.  They weren't on my regular routes so I don't know if people bothered them or not. But I would hate to be there when tlc was filming.  I imagine those trucks were big and loud.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Celia, let's be fair. Meri NEEDS all 25 of those rooms. One for her corn can painting, one for her wetbar, one for inspirational plaque construction, at least three for LLR inventory, one for ugly shoe storage, one for the display of false eyelashes and eyebrow tweezers, and at least 10 for the children she didn't get to have.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

My son’s house in Atlanta was used to shoot a tv series. It was a huge production - the neighbors were asked for permission and compensated for the disruption of the street. Many big vehicles. The house had sometimes 100 people inside. It was not made to easily accommodate that many people. Granted this wasn’t a reality show but what we see - a couple of folks talking doesn’t show all the equipment and folks shooting them. It isn’t like a camera is mounted on a tripod or on one fellow’s shoulder and that is all they use. So I could see the neighborhood/street in chaos during shooting. 

I remember when they first moved to Vegas that some of the neighbors where the rentals were, complained about the cameras and vehicles.

• Love 6

Meri won't be only one struggling to justify a McMansion this time.  In three years, the only wife with more than one child left at home will be Robyn.  In five years, only Truely, Solomon, and Ariella will still be at home.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, had her dream lover Sam the Sham been real, he would have been happy to give her all that, and more!

She'll pretend to be happy with Kommander Kody until TLC pulls the plug.

17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

? at “she shed”!

So, Sham Shed? 

• Love 6
On 8/21/2018 at 12:35 AM, TVFAN said:

Meri won't be only one struggling to justify a McMansion this time.  In three years, the only wife with more than one child left at home will be Robyn.  In five years, only Truely, Solomon, and Ariella will still be at home.

One thing that I'll give the other three is that they never acted greedy like Meri. When they got their rentals and their cal de sac houses, they all accepted less than Meri even though at that time, they had many more people to shelter than her. I think that Janelle, Christine, and Robyn will all happily accept a house that fits their family. Meri was the greedy, self centered one. 

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, Libby said:

One thing that I'll give the other three is that they never acted greedy like Meri. When they got their rentals and their cal de sac houses, they all accepted less than Meri even though at that time, they had many more people to shelter than her. I think that Janelle, Christine, and Robyn will all happily accept a house that fits their family. Meri was the greedy, self centered one. 

I remember that Meri got a nicer rental.  When they decided to buy the lots to build on, they were eating at their favorite dining place, Meri started crying and said something like she felt some people would judge her based on what she chose.  And that the last time ( assuming the rentals and other stuff ) that some people thought I was taking what was theirs, I believe she was speaking of Janelle.  Considering at the time that Kody and Janelle had been the only ones working full time. They also both cashed in their 401K's to have the money to move, Your darn tootin you were taking something that was not yours.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I remember that Meri got a nicer rental.  When they decided to buy the lots to build on, they were eating at their favorite dining place, Meri started crying and said something like she felt some people would judge her based on what she chose.  And that the last time ( assuming the rentals and other stuff ) that some people thought I was taking what was theirs, I believe she was speaking of Janelle.  Considering at the time that Kody and Janelle had been the only ones working full time. They also both cashed in their 401K's to have the money to move, Your darn tootin you were taking something that was not yours.

This sounds terrible but, I watch with glee when she cries. It's always over something she deserves to be crying about. My favorite cry session was The One Where Meri Wanted to "Fix" Things:

To Kody: "What am I supposed to do, come crawling back to you?" Actually, Meri, yes, that's what you should have done. You were the one who emotionally stepped out and was ready to leave. 

ETA: In my world everything is titled like a Friends episode ;)

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

This sounds terrible but, I watch with glee when she cries. It's always over something she deserves to be crying about. My favorite cry session was The One Where Meri Wanted to "Fix" Things:

To Kody: "What am I supposed to do, come crawling back to you?" Actually, Meri, yes, that's what you should have done. You were the one who emotionally stepped out and was ready to leave. 

ETA: In my world everything is titled like a Friends episode ;)

I sheepishly admit to having a sardonic chuckle everytime Meri turns on the waterworks.  I am not normally a "mean girl" but can not muster any empathy for her.  It may be because Meri is the epitome of every selfish, self-centered person I have ever known all rolled into one blubbering mess.  It's good to know I'm not alone.

• Love 19

Count me as one that feels no empathy or sympathy for Miss Blubbering Mess (thank you Sandy!)

Meri's a Mean Girl herself.  Yes, I remember on an episode years ago where she told Janelle, "I'm sorry if I took something you thought was yours."  No, Meri, you were anything but sorry, and that "apology" was total bullshit.  

• Love 14

Another example of her sense of entitlement came when she pitched the concept of the Parowan B&B.  Her only justification for expecting the family to embrace her dream was because it was there and she wanted it.  As it turns out, the B&B seems to be self-sustaining thanks to her mother's hospitality, but at the time she broached the idea, she had no idea that her mother was even willing to participate.

• Love 7

I never got over her having to have the biggest, most expensive house because she wanted to have more children and it wasn't fair to penalize her because she couldn't. 

• Love 20

OK, so renting four homes and bought four lots. The "new home" Paedon posted about on IG was Christine's rental, not her permanent home.

I so don't want to go through New Home Build Drama 2.0. It was really pathetic and sad the first time.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Watching Meri be greedy and selfish again?  That sounds like awful TV.  Aside from the snark, it won't be fun to watch.

I'll take that over weddings and babies. Drama, please, with an extra dose of Tears and Tantrums from Meri.

• Love 7

Well, if Meri gets the truth from the other wives and Doofus about her greed and selfishness, then I agree, bring it!  She deserves to have the others tell it like it is.  

If the others knuckle under Meri's bullshit, then no.  I'd rather see Aspyn's wedding.  No one is presently pregnant, are they?  Did Robyn shut down her uterus once and for all?  We can only hope.  

• Love 9

Would love to know how far apart their 4 rental homes are in Flagstaff.  The article says "but are now living in four rentals scattered throughout the community"  - so what does scattered imply?  To me that sounds not close.  Also the neighbor quoted in the article as living across the street from the Browns in Flagstaff actually lives across the street from their land plots.  They haven't even started building yet and he's already worried how the filming will disturb their quiet neighborhood.  I'd think we'd be hearing from people living next to the Brown's rental homes.  There also must be something deeper to the comment about the commercial space they rented that they will be filming in.  Is it some sort of business they are starting?  Wonder what that could be about....

• Love 2

That interview is such a load of bullshit.

"Family that Fled Utah" - fake drama for ratings, uprooting an entire family when Kootie simply wanted to live in Vegas and admitted that.

"...lived in exile" - more high drama with no basis in fact.  They were hardly wandering the desert for 40 years.  Tabloid crap.

I feel for the neighbors concerned about this becoming a circus because these are, after all, a bunch of clueless clowns.  Poor Flagstaff. Glad they are nowhere near me.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Would love to know how far apart their 4 rental homes are in Flagstaff.  The article says "but are now living in four rentals scattered throughout the community"  - so what does scattered imply?  To me that sounds not close.

From some of the pictures that have been posted, it looks like at least one is in Baderville where the new homes will be built. I read the article as implying not all were in the same area of town which means  they are not all that close  

A bit picky, but I would not describe the land they purchased as “a few miles from downtown Flagstaff” like the article does.  It’s about 5 miles from the city line, probably 10 miles from downtown and feels much further than that. 

• Love 2

So they will be on TLC come January?  In 4 rental houses, again, like their move to LV?

This circus will do anything for a storyline.  Flagstaff & environs people, you have my sympathy.  I do not think the Brown Clowns will enhance your community.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Just dropped by to read about the relocation.  Perhaps, it will add some interest to the show....still, seems to me that Vegas would have more options for activities though.  Hmmm....we'll see.  Another article below about it

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/27/the-sister-wives-family-that-fled-utah-relocates-to-arizona/

Having lived in both Vegas and Flagstaff, I'll take Flag ANY day for activities. In Vegas you're stuck inside all summer (except for dusk and dawn) so, not much in the way of outdoor activities unless you travel a ways. Aside from the Strip, Vegas is a crowded, endless expanse of shopping complexes and restaurants. Flag is refreshing, has the hippie shopping places and outdoor activities all year round. I was way more bored in Vegas than in Flag.

Not sure what to expect after their move, however. On one hand, I feel like they might want to settle in and end the show, live their lives but on the other, I see them hanging on as long as possible. 

ETA: Realized how dumb this sounded, of course the Strip is crowded and full of shops--but, it's for the tourists mainly so didn't intend to include that on daily life for locals (though a twice-a-year trip to Gordon Ramsay Pub is a must).

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

There also must be something deeper to the comment about the commercial space they rented that they will be filming in. 

Good grief, they have their own sound stage?  Building fake rooms in which to film their little dramas?  How very Hollywood.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

That was my thought.  How can they film them in their natural habitat if neighbors don't want/complain about filming - fake rooms and mostly talking heads?  Oy.  Boring.

It looks like the upcoming season will be aired in Jan/19 and I'm sure all of the episodes were "in the can" before the move to Flagstaff.  The new season will cover Aspyn's wedding which took place in June as well as all the preliminaries leading up to the event.  Then we will have the dramatic announcement and the decision-making process for the move to Flagstaff, the shopping for homesites, the anxiety of the high school age kids being ripped from their comfort zone and more of Meri's drama over Mariah and "Audge" moving across the country to attend school.

This is all OLD NEWS even now, by January it will be ancient history.  I realize there is a process involved with editing and preparing the filmed events, but I don't know of any other reality show that has a 6 month gap, especially when the current timeline is available through People magazine.

I can only assume the reason for renting a facility to film with fake rooms will be for the 2020 season and I guess renting a venue to film will be easier than getting permission from 4 separate communities while they are still in rental accommodations.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

(though a twice-a-year trip to Gordon Ramsay Pub is a must).

Jealous.  They have the most AWESOME fish and chips and mushy peas.  And they make their own ketchup for the chips.  I never put ketchup on my fries, but I sure did there . . . and I nearly licked out the little serving bowl the ketchup came in.

• Love 2
On 8/25/2018 at 1:24 PM, Nysha said:

I never got over her having to have the biggest, most expensive house because she wanted to have more children and it wasn't fair to penalize her because she couldn't. 

I know the feeling.  I WANT a bunch more kitties and a puppy but Mr. Natalie won't let me.  I think we need to find a bigger house to house all the kleenex I use because my fantasy of having all kinds of critters has been dashed.

• Love 13

If I had my way, Mr. Xword and I would have a couple more cats, and a doggy too.  I don't know how Lucy cat would like it, though.

Yep, Meri has milked the "poor me, you're all against me having the biggest and best."  I do get that infertility is not easy to deal (dill) with.  I have one child (who's in her mid-30's) by choice, and luckily did not have to compete against sister wives for the most kids.  

If memory serves, it was Meri that decided she didn't want in vitro, when Doofus took her out for their 20th anniversary.  Suddenly, with Robyn's addition, she (Meri) suddenly has second thoughts about another child, but by then Doofus had a new uterus to exploit in Robyn, and told Meri no, he wasn't "feeling the need" or some such stuff, when she wanted another.  She (Meri) dragged her feet a little too long, so she was SOL.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

If I had my way, Mr. Xword and I would have a couple more cats, and a doggy too.  I don't know how Lucy cat would like it, though.

Yep, Meri has milked the "poor me, you're all against me having the biggest and best."  I do get that infertility is not easy to deal (dill) with.  I have one child (who's in her mid-30's) by choice, and luckily did not have to compete against sister wives for the most kids.  

If memory serves, it was Meri that decided she didn't want in vitro, when Doofus took her out for their 20th anniversary.  Suddenly, with Robyn's addition, she (Meri) suddenly has second thoughts about another child, but by then Doofus had a new uterus to exploit in Robyn, and told Meri no, he wasn't "feeling the need" or some such stuff, when she wanted another.  She (Meri) dragged her feet a little too long, so she was SOL.

I still think she dragged her feet because she didn't want to have another kid. But if she said no then she could never use her excuse of not having a lot of kids to get what she wanted again. She had the chance to have another baby but didn't. So instead of answering she strung it out until Doofus decided to end it. What does Meri do right after Kody tells her no? Well, what do you know suddenly she's interested in. Really Meri? After being offered a chance to have one and not saying yes for months suddenly now after Kody says no your interested? This time it didn't work. She lost that particular excuse to use to get what she wants.  

• Love 8

Meri and Kody’s marriage had been failing for a long time - I don’t blame her for not having another kid with Kody. Using her situation to garner pity is a different story.  

Had Meri truly wanted to salvage her marriage she could have used her empty nest to her advantage and enjoyed quiet, relaxing couple time, as opposed to the chaos happening in the other households. Instead she became a martyr. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Meri and Kody’s marriage had been failing for a long time - I don’t blame her for not having another kid with Kody. Using her situation to garner pity is a different story.  

Had Meri truly wanted to salvage her marriage she could have used her empty nest to her advantage and enjoyed quiet, relaxing couple time, as opposed to the chaos happening in the other households. Instead she became a martyr. 

Agree - imagine her making a cozy retreat for her and Kody and when he came over it was romance and quiet.  I'm having a hard time imagining it!!  But it was possible.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I really think it was just a story line.  Had she truly wanted more children she would have had some by then.  If not, Kody made the decision for her.

True.  This program is "scripted reality" which means we don't know how much is reality and how much is scripted.  Does Meri play the martyr in real life because she only had one child?  Who knows.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MonicaM said:

True.  This program is "scripted reality" which means we don't know how much is reality and how much is scripted.  Does Meri play the martyr in real life because she only had one child?  Who knows.  

If one goes by her social media, she is now an empty nester who goes about her life as if she has one child. So much for the “mom to all” crap.

• Love 9
On 8/29/2018 at 3:18 AM, andromeda331 said:

I still think she dragged her feet because she didn't want to have another kid. But if she said no then she could never use her excuse of not having a lot of kids to get what she wanted again. She had the chance to have another baby but didn't. So instead of answering she strung it out until Doofus decided to end it. What does Meri do right after Kody tells her no? Well, what do you know suddenly she's interested in. Really Meri? After being offered a chance to have one and not saying yes for months suddenly now after Kody says no your interested? This time it didn't work. She lost that particular excuse to use to get what she wants.  

Yep, she lost the long-game she had been playing. That was a risky one. Then, predictably, come the tears and the "poor-me-everyone-hates-me" schtick, which is even worse. She doesn't know how to do anything else; conniving is all she's ever done. 

• Love 8