Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

That's the first I'm hearing of this. What on earth do they need an office for?!?

It seems that they have rented/leased a warehouse facility in the Flagstaff area.  Some have speculated that it may be used for filming purposes while they are awaiting the build of the new homes.  The "talking head" interview segments they do on each show seem to be staged in an area that doesn't resemble any of their homes now, so they may have done the same thing in LV when filming there.

• Love 5
(edited)

Thanks @Sandy W. I didn't consider that they'd need to provide their own set for the couch sessions. I just couldn't imagine that they'd need even more room for Kody and "Brian" to scheme, or Meri and Christine to share LLR racks (that'd be abusive), or Robyn to doodle her latest jewelry, or Janelle to strive to get out of her bathrobe, etc.

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Just close your eyes and think of England the celestial planet.

All for the greater good.    No pain, no gain.  Just a few suggested mantras to concentrate on while in a state of submission.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

All for one kid.  Would have been cheaper for them to rent a cheap apartment for Dayton and have Mindy and Robyn take turns staying with him until he was comfortable.  It's roughly a 4 hour drive at most.  Flagstaff is the most expensive city in Arizona to live.  Maybe they should have tried to find something in the Colorado City/Centennial Park area.  I've read you can find great deals there right now.

According to my extensive (30 seconds) online research as a resident of Arizona, Sedona is #1, and Flagstaff is #2.  I was amazed to learn that Scottsdale is all the way down at #10!!!!

You are absolutely right that it would have made more sense to rent an apartment for Dayton.  They could even pay for full-time companions - and NOT uproot the lives of so many people - if they chose that option.  And in the cost figures listed above, they didn't even include tuition for NAU.  When I applied for ASU when we (as employed adults) moved to Arizona several years ago, I was told that I wouldn't qualify for in-state (reduced) tuition until we had completed a full year of residency . . . even though we both had jobs, and had purchased a home.  There were NO exceptions available.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

How much do folks think they are making per year from this show?  I'm trying to figure out if they would be in the same ball bark as the teen moms, lower, or higher.  

We know the five Brown adults are the key players, who may get paid as a group, but I'm also wondering how the now-adult children get paid....if they are included into that group, or if they have negotiated separate payments.  Why or why can't a mole leak something??

15 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I think the options y'all put out are very reasonable, but, my feeling is that Robyn didn't want to let him go without her.

Maybe.  So uproot three other families and their children and move to a more expensive place.  

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Maybe.  So uproot three other families and their children and move to a more expensive place.  

Not saying it’s the right decision - just the one they made 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Not saying it’s the right decision - just the one they made 

Oh I know that!  And I'm not saying that Dayton is actually why they moved - because we don't know for sure why they did.   The truth (probably) is that they moved for more than one reason.  I am NOT buying Kody's presentation as the reason, though.  That story doesn't hold a drop of water when this move put them much deeper in debt.

EDIT:  I guess I WAS saying Dayton is why they moved.  While I don't know this for fact, it's my story and I'm sticking to it because it's plausible.  (Unless someone gives a better reason that I can believe!)

Edited by Kyanight
I had to clarify because otherwise I am talking in circles.
  • Love 11

If Dayton is special needs and is planning on going to college isn't there a commute college he could attend in Vegas by their homes?

If they are in a plural marriage why do they each require mcmansions???  The only thing plural about their marriage is they all screw Kody!I

What a mess!

• Love 13
On 8/24/2018 at 8:38 PM, Libby said:

One thing that I'll give the other three is that they never acted greedy like Meri. When they got their rentals and their cal de sac houses, they all accepted less than Meri even though at that time, they had many more people to shelter than her. I think that Janelle, Christine, and Robyn will all happily accept a house that fits their family. Meri was the greedy, self centered one. 

But Meri gave Robyn her husband. I think thats what Meri was thinking 😳

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Christi said:

If the market in Vegas is so amazing, why havent the houses sold? Anyone know if they have started building yet?

I doubt they’ve started building yet. If there’s not still snow on the ground, the ground is frozen so not an ideal time to start. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

What happened to the thread for Flagstaff Flirtations? It is not showing any more. It was here before Live Chat...now???

I just checked my activity under my profile (I started the topic) and it looks like it was merged with a random topic someone started, then deleted. I can check with the mod about it.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I just checked my activity under my profile (I started the topic) and it looks like it was merged with a random topic someone started, then deleted. I can check with the mod about it.

Thanks, I thought maybe I was losing my mind after watching this show too long😁

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I wonder if they will ever admit the move to Flagstaff was actually a terrible financial move?  Saw an article on Radar Online that discussed the costs (and distance apart) of their Flagstaff rentals:

Meri : $2975 per month

Robyn: $3,500

Christine - purchased at $520,000 and mortgaged at $390,000 so at least $2,700 a month

Janelle - $2,900

Total Flagstaff costs per month = $12,075 plus utilities

Then add in:

Mortgages on the land = 4 plots Bought for $820,00 and mortgaged for at least $292,000 if not more  = at least $2000 a month

Their office in downtown Flagstaff - $??

Mortgages on 4 houses in Las Vegas that haven't sold - 4 X $2800 + utilities = $11,200++

They are hemorrhaging money!!

If all 4 houses haven't sold yet, how (and with what money) did Christine buy a house?

Seems silly for her to buy (and then have to sell again) if the family is going to build next to one another.

5 hours ago, Christi said:

If the market in Vegas is so amazing, why havent the houses sold? Anyone know if they have started building yet?

The Vegas market is NOT amazing. Maybe when they initially put them up for sale, but there's been a lull since the holidays.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I wonder if they will ever admit the move to Flagstaff was actually a terrible financial move?  Saw an article on Radar Online that discussed the costs (and distance apart) of their Flagstaff rentals:

Meri : $2975 per month

Robyn: $3,500

Christine - purchased at $520,000 and mortgaged at $390,000 so at least $2,700 a month

Janelle - $2,900

Total Flagstaff costs per month = $12,075 plus utilities

Then add in:

Mortgages on the land = 4 plots Bought for $820,00 and mortgaged for at least $292,000 if not more  = at least $2000 a month

Their office in downtown Flagstaff - $??

Mortgages on 4 houses in Las Vegas that haven't sold - 4 X $2800 + utilities = $11,200++

They are hemorrhaging money!!

I would like to know the REAL reason why there are moving there.  If its financial, there are plenty of smaller homes in the Las Vegas area that would be cheaper to live in. I thought paying 820,000 for Land with nothing on it was crazy. Where would they get the money to build the homes?? The series is limited. As much as this show somewhat entertains and aggravates me, it is far better than "seeking sister wives." I haven't been able sit through one of those. They are creepy.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

How much do folks think they are making per year from this show?  I'm trying to figure out if they would be in the same ball bark as the teen moms, lower, or higher.  

We know the five Brown adults are the key players, who may get paid as a group, but I'm also wondering how the now-adult children get paid....if they are included into that group, or if they have negotiated separate payments.  Why or why can't a mole leak something??

I read they were paid  $180000 this year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I think the options y'all put out are very reasonable, but, my feeling is that Robyn didn't want to let him go without her.

I think Robin is behind all of this. Every time she talked about the move,, she said "we" as in the 2 of them. This was when she was talking to the other wives 

• Love 6
On 7/10/2018 at 11:09 AM, Gothish520 said:

Aww come on Kohola, you're missing out! You should start watching again so you can see all the shenanigans first-hand! ;D

As I said, I am looking forward to Aspyn's wedding. She's a lovely girl and I'm all about the Scottish theme. 

The catfish stuff is good for some hard eyerolls every time Meri starts in about how much of a victim she was. The funny thing is, she's not entirely wrong - she was a victim of a mentally unbalanced person. But it's her own actions that lead her down that path. 

I don't recall Janelle mentioning Strive on the show, I wonder if she will bring it up in season 10. Seems like the show would be a perfect place to help generate some publicity.

I don't agree about meri. I don't think it was her actions. I think it was the way that he treated and treats her.  She has lost all sense of self worth and fitting in. I think it started when he took Robin as his wife and escalated one he had meri divorce him.  He was enamored of his "new toy" and left Meri in the wake.  He has left her emotionally bankrupt.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, MidwestIndy2019 said:

Why not open a topic for the show dated 03-03-19? Mods are saying the topic won't be opened till 03-10-19. Two different shows,  March 03 and March 10.

If I knew how to do, I would. Anyone?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MidwestIndy2019 said:

Why not open a topic for the show dated 03-03-19? Mods are saying the topic won't be opened till 03-10-19. Two different shows,  March 03 and March 10.

There was a thread for tonight’s episode with a number of posts, but it seems to have disappeared.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It seems that they have rented/leased a warehouse facility in the Flagstaff area.  Some have speculated that it may be used for filming purposes while they are awaiting the build of the new homes.  The "talking head" interview segments they do on each show seem to be staged in an area that doesn't resemble any of their homes now, so they may have done the same thing in LV when filming there.

I thought I read that their talking heads were filmed in a production trailer that was decorated with that fugly backdrop.  That's why they always look so crammed in there.  I'm wondering if the warehouse is for some new hair brained MLM money making scheme that Kody is pushing.  Everything about what he does other than the show is always so hush-hush.  Meri has her Lula-no and a bed and breakfast inn but WTF does he even DO?  He makes brief non-specific references to some "business" he engages in, but we have no idea what it is.  Maybe he's patenting a new pillow, LOL.  The way he is acting makes me think he has something up his sleeve and money in his pocket to burn on it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, antfitz said:

Total? That would be $36,000 per person. Plus I'm sure the kids get some of that for appearing on the show. No way could they live in those ugly homes and afford to live in those expensive rentals in Flagstaff, not to mention buying land there and building 4 new homes. Something isn't adding up. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, antfitz said:

As much as this show somewhat entertains and aggravates me, it is far better than "seeking sister wives." I haven't been able sit through one of those. They are creepy.

I blow hot and cold on Seeking Sister Wives.  Sometimes it's very entertaining mixed in with HUGE doses of cringe-worthy crap.  Last night's episode was almost all "cringe worthy".

• Love 4

What's the public's reaction to this move now?  It's becoming pretty clear that this move was BS.  Last night convinced me.  Unless, I see something else, I'm now believing the entire reasons for the move are BS and the real reason was with Dayton, which seems very odd, but, it makes more sense than the story we've been given.  Could their actions possibly doom the show's popularity?  I was an avid viewer since day one. I suppose you could call me a fan.....in the broader definition of the word, but, I'm not feeling any of the parents right now.  Are they doing anything for the best interest of their minor children or are they only focused on wedding and shower plans?  UGGGHHH....

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What's the public's reaction to this move now?  It's becoming pretty clear that this move was BS.  Last night convinced me.  Unless, I see something else, I'm now believing the entire reasons for the move are BS and the real reason was with Dayton, which seems very odd, but, it makes more sense than the story we've been given.  Could their actions possibly doom the show's popularity?  I was an avid viewer since day one. I suppose you could call me a fan.....in the broader definition of the word, but, I'm not feeling any of the parents right now.  Are they doing anything for the best interest of their minor children or are they only focused on DAYTON and his mother Robyn?

There.  Fixed it for me.   lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Christi said:

What was that woman going on about?  

8 hours ago, MsTree said:

The Vegas market is NOT amazing. Maybe when they initially put them up for sale, but there's been a lull since the holidays.

Lull?  How about full stop.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Christi said:

If you check Zillow - their houses are 3 of a plethora of houses for sale in LV at 500K and above.

It looks like a saturated market!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MV713 said:

If you check Zillow - their houses are 3 of a plethora of houses for sale in LV at 500K and above.

It looks like a saturated market!

Their realtor was feeding them a load of BS, too. Telling dummy's Christine and Kody the market is so hot, the houses should sell in 30 days max! Sure, realtor lady, sure. I was amazed at the issues in Christines house which she pointed out herself when the realtor was walking around giving recommendations on staging the house. The chipped falling apart kitchen cabinets and the "loose" sink. Those homes are only 7 years old! Cheap, cheap builder grade finishes in those ugly homes. No wonder they were in awe of the Flagstaff models. 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What's the public's reaction to this move now?  It's becoming pretty clear that this move was BS.  Last night convinced me.  Unless, I see something else, I'm now believing the entire reasons for the move are BS and the real reason was with Dayton, which seems very odd, but, it makes more sense than the story we've been given.  Could their actions possibly doom the show's popularity?  I was an avid viewer since day one. I suppose you could call me a fan.....in the broader definition of the word, but, I'm not feeling any of the parents right now.  Are they doing anything for the best interest of their minor children or are they only focused on wedding and shower plans?  UGGGHHH....

I actually suspect that part of the justification for the move in Kodoofus' mind was to create more fodder for show drama.  They were still beating the catfish situation and Meri's B&B to death in the first few episodes this season, but it was becoming obvious that they had gotten every last drop they could out of them and then some.  Then suddenly as if out of nowhere Kody comes up with this moving idea.  It's like he pulls a rabbit out of a hat to sell to the producers as reality TV ratings gold.  I don't know if it will be as good for ratings as they think, though.  And I'm not sure they're going to get what they want out of it financially either judging from what I'm reading in this thread about home prices in Flagstaff, etc.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Their realtor was feeding them a load of BS, too. Telling dummy's Christine and Kody the market is so hot, the houses should sell in 30 days max! Sure, realtor lady, sure. I was amazed at the issues in Christines house which she pointed out herself when the realtor was walking around giving recommendations on staging the house. The chipped falling apart kitchen cabinets and the "loose" sink. Those homes are only 7 years old! Cheap, cheap builder grade finishes in those ugly homes. No wonder they were in awe of the Flagstaff models. 

They might have sold quickly at the correct price.  The homes are not worth almost $700,000.  They are standard large square footage homes with like you said, the cheapest materials to finish the interior.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I actually suspect that part of the justification for the move in Kodoofus' mind was to create more fodder for show drama.  They were still beating the catfish situation and Meri's B&B to death in the first few episodes this season, but it was becoming obvious that they had gotten every last drop they could out of them and then some.  Then suddenly as if out of nowhere Kody comes up with this moving idea.  It's like he pulls a rabbit out of a hat to sell to the producers as reality TV ratings gold.  I don't know if it will be as good for ratings as they think, though.  And I'm not sure they're going to get what they want out of it financially either judging from what I'm reading in this thread about home prices in Flagstaff, etc.

Yeah..... no.    (   😄 )

Seriously, who cares if they move?  Been there/done that.   If Kody wants to increase ratings all he has to do is court a new sister wife.  Doesn't even have to MARRY her - just court her.  (Which rumors and articles say he did but Robyn was too controlling so the girl refused to join the family.  Not sure if I believe that rumor or not, but that is neither here nor there.)  ROBYN would NEVER allow a new wife and she is clutching Kody by the scrotum hairs.  THAT is why they moved to Flagstaff.  I'll bet my hat made by Hannah on that!!   (Er... if I had a hat made by Hannah.)

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The chipped falling apart kitchen cabinets and the "loose" sink. Those homes are only 7 years old! Cheap, cheap builder grade finishes in those ugly homes. No wonder they were in awe of the Flagstaff models. 

The new builds they were looking at in Flagstaff didn't look much above builder grade.  The wood-looking tile floors and crown moldings are probably extra. Kody was also assuming he could subdivide two lots into four, but is that even possible given the zoning?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Yeah..... no.    (   😄 )

Seriously, who cares if they move?  Been there/done that.   If Kody wants to increase ratings all he has to do is court a new sister wife.  Doesn't even have to MARRY her - just court her.  (Which rumors and articles say he did but Robyn was too controlling so the girl refused to join the family.  Not sure if I believe that rumor or not, but that is neither here nor there.)  ROBYN would NEVER allow a new wife and she is clutching Kody by the scrotum hairs.  THAT is why they moved to Flagstaff.  I'll bet my hat made by Hannah on that!!   (Er... if I had a hat made by Hannah.)

There are for sure other reasons, but Kody is always looking for plots to keep the show alive and moving was probably one of the little "trump cards" he kept in his pocket to play when necessary, and now seemed like the right timing to him because there wasn't anything as compelling that he was willing to embark on right now, like another wife.  I'll bet that Meri's catfish fiasco helped to postpone any move out of LV that Kody was thinking about at that time or he might have come up with it sooner.  It seems like no accident that all these big plots are timed and spaced out so carefully.  I'll bet that he sits down with production with his big white board and markers to pitch them his timeline too.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, antfitz said:

The source?  Fake reality shows have always been notorious for closely hiding the salaries.  Unless it game directly from one of the Browns I don't know that I'd believe anything.

• Love 2