Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ever notice we hardly ever see filming in Robyn's house? I wonder why. 

I remember in the past when we did see her interior it was the least attractive of the four. Kind of messy and not decorated very nicely. I'm surprised it's the first to sell. 

In last nights episode when they showed Kody sitting on the couch in Robyn's house talking to Mindy about Ariella and Sol you could see in the background that Robyn's house was very kid oriented.  There were those bin shelves you put toys in in the family room.  For all of the houses they emptied them out and took all the furnishings to Flagstaff so the houses are selling empty.  They all look about the same empty.  Robyn's house clearly sold first due to the yard.  In the scene from this week's episode where they were grilling dinner over the fire pit (they were eating meals out of aluminum packets) that was Robyn's back yard.

• Love 1
On 2/16/2019 at 4:55 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh yeah....I went to college there...long ago...same class as Sandra Bullock!  I didn't care for it, but, maybe it's changed since way back when. lol  IMO, the triangle is better (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill).  But, I suppose you go where your job leads.

I grew up near there and I still go back occasionally. There’s a ton more crime but otherwise it’s still the same. 

On 2/9/2019 at 9:20 AM, Sandy W said:

So many unanswered questions re. this move...and we can be sure it will be the new season in 2020 (if it happens) before they are addressed.

I have read elsewhere that Robyn is ensconced in a 7 bedroom mansion, that's fairly understandable considering there probably wasn't a huge selection of rental properties available in Flagstaff within reasonable proximity to each other.  I have not read anything that mentions a rental property for Meri in Flagstaff, so I wonder if they are exercising economic restraint and Meri bunks in at Robyn's nest on the occasions when she is in town for filming.

I also wonder why Christine purchased the home she was renting, it doesn't seem right that the others would have new homes on the lots and not her, so I think this home will be the 5th home Kody mentioned they would have as a guest home for when the older kids came home to visit.

Yes, Robyn is renting a 7 bedroom, 7 bathroom monstrosity.

5E967D6F-52AA-414A-9BCA-24C338CF1169.jpeg

Does it say how much that house costs to rent?  How did you find that, I want to do some sleuthing and see if I can find the rental price.  

So now we know Robyn has that mansion and Christine bought her house for $520,000.  Any clue on Janelle's rental?  I suspect she will get the short end of the stick.

• Love 2
Just now, Kohola3 said:

Who in their right mind wants to clean 7 bathrooms? That's just nuts.

If someone has to use the bathroom so often that they need their own personal one - as Doc McStuffins would say - It's time for a check-up!"

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Who in their right mind wants to clean 7 bathrooms? That's just nuts.

Seriously. Unless it is understood and made clear that everyone cleans their own bathrooms, which is as it should be for teenagers and adults. Heck, I don't even get the attraction of double sinks - that's just another one to wash!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Does it say how much that house costs to rent?  How did you find that, I want to do some sleuthing and see if I can find the rental price.  

So now we know Robyn has that mansion and Christine bought her house for $520,000.  Any clue on Janelle's rental?  I suspect she will get the short end of the stick.

I can only see the Zillow estimate. 

D15C0E2A-BCDC-4DE8-A357-1DFA71CA53E5.jpeg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Jenelle is living in a considerably smaller house. 

FFE02139-4EC8-49FB-8AF5-7A2F27282EB6.jpeg

7 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I can only see the Zillow estimate. 

And I can guarantee that in Flagstaff, the owners are getting that price. Insane. Add in utilities, etc. and each wife is spending a fortune just renting. Why does Robyn need a 7000 square foot home?  Even Janelle is in a 2300 square foot home with just a couple kids less.

• Love 3

I have no idea where they are getting the money for these houses. Kody’s official address is listed the same as Robyn’s so maybe he thinks HE deserves a house that big and it has nothing really to do with which wife he’s married to? No clue. But it’s an ugly house IMO. Janelle and Christine have beautiful views with considerable less square footage than Robyn got. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

And I can guarantee that in Flagstaff, the owners are getting that price. Insane. Add in utilities, etc. and each wife is spending a fortune just renting. Why does Robyn need a 7000 square foot home?  Even Janelle is in a 2300 square foot home with just a couple kids less.

Kody lives with Robyn, I believe. So he needs the biggest house, I guess. Also, doesn’t Robyn have her niece living with her?

FakeJoshDuggar - can you tell me where you are getting the addresses to put in Zillow?  I want to snoop too. 😉

Edited to add: ok I can find Janelle's but I show a different address for Kody and Robyn?  

Edited by smarty2020
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Adiba said:

Kody lives with Robyn, I believe. So he needs the biggest house, I guess. Also, doesn’t Robyn have her niece living with her?

For a rental, they would need a max of five bedrooms. Kody/Robyn/Ariella, Mindy, Breanna, Aurora and Sol/Ariella (if she is moved to another room on Special Nights). Hell, the older girls could share a room if need be. Still not seeing the need for a 7000 sqft, 7 bedroom, 7 bath house. Flagstaff is full of homes ranging from studio to mansions, 1880s homes to present. It is a high-altitude college town, used to catering to students, retirees and summer residents. Plenty to choose from.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Galloway Cave said:

For a rental, they would need a max of five bedrooms. Kody/Robyn/Ariella, Mindy, Breanna, Aurora and Sol/Ariella (if she is moved to another room on Special Nights). Hell, the older girls could share a room if need be. Still not seeing the need for a 7000 sqft, 7 bedroom, 7 bath house. Flagstaff is full of homes ranging from studio to mansions, 1880s homes to present. It is a high-altitude college town, used to catering to students, retirees and summer residents. Plenty to choose from.

Oh, I agree that it is totally unnecessary to have that many beds and baths for them! I was just thinking how Kody would rationalize it and Robyn because, well they are Kody and Robyn.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Galloway Cave said:

Plenty to choose from.

But, but, but....they are the Browns!  The Persecuted Polygamist Browns!  And Reality Stars!  The world owes them the best of the best and it should all be free!  Because, you know, the Browns!

You monogamists just never seem to understand.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But, but, but....She's Robyn!  The Persecuted Polygamist Robyn with the abusive ex-hubby!  And Reality Star!  The world owes her the best of the best and it should all be free!  Because, you know, Robyn!

There!  I fixed it for you!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Kody lives with Robyn, I believe.

What? I thought the whole point of their lifestyle was that Kody goes from house to house and takes turns living with all of them on different days. He was complaining a few episodes ago how all of his clothes are scattered from house to house. This is the life he chose, now he's whining about missing socks, shoes, etc....

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What? I thought the whole point of their lifestyle was that Kody goes from house to house and takes turns living with all of them on different days. He was complaining a few episodes ago how all of his clothes are scattered from house to house. This is the life he chose, now he's whining about missing socks, shoes, etc....

Wouldn't it be something if Kody only lives with Robyn now - his legal wife - and his other "wives" and their kids all live in their own houses?  So basically - even though he keeps up appearances for the TLC show - he's now a monogamist!  Maybe Robyn didn't like sharing him.

• Love 5

I am starting to think that they either won the lottery or are running some type of scam. That being said, they don’t seem bright enough to come up with a successful scam amd I also think Kody would be screaming from the rooftops if they won the lottery. He would have filmed himself turning in the ticket. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Agree.  I think they are getting the larger homes because they still need room for all the grown kids when they come to visit.    Janelle, Christine and Meri, don't really need more than a small three bedroom house.  They could deal with it until the new homes are built.  Robyn doesn't really need more than a 4 bedroom.  Kids can share.  

I remember a family growing up, where they had 15 kids at home and only had a 4 bedroom house.  All the girls shared a room and the boys shared  two rooms.  It was very crowded.  It was a 1,700 sq. ft. home.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I have no idea where they are getting the money for these houses. Kody’s official address is listed the same as Robyn’s so maybe he thinks HE deserves a house that big and it has nothing really to do with which wife he’s married to? No clue. But it’s an ugly house IMO. Janelle and Christine have beautiful views with considerable less square footage than Robyn got. 

Really that is a lot of money flying out the windows of all those houses in Flagstaff.....and then they are carrying their four houses in Vega$ and let's not forget Meri is also carrying her recent purchase in Utah - holy cow!!!!  Good luck Kody you financial wizard!!!  The homes in Vegas are not selling at the prices they originally expected and some have been reduced several times already.  My understanding he has already purchased the properties for their new homes to be built to the tune of over $800,000 (for the land).  I just cannot even imagine this all working out well any time soon.  

Edited by endure
  • Love 4

I was thinking about the overlap that's going on. The blah and boring events we're seeing in the current season are old news but the Vegas homes not selling and being reduced in price is happening in real time. 

If push comes to shove, which is entirely possible if they take much more of a bath in Vegas, they need only Robyn's 7-bedroom place to house everyone. If they put every bit of their income into maintaining only one household and lost everything else, with 3 people in each bedroom 21 of them would have a place to live. It wouldn't be what they aspire to or what they've become accustomed to but it's a lot fucking nicer than the Lehi house they started this show with and none of them would have to sleep in a parking lot.

Of course even with that they are punching above their intellectual weight because Robyn's place could save their asses but they're renting that one, and Christine's place which is too small to house everyone is the one they're buying. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, suomi said:

If push comes to shove, which is entirely possible if they take much more of a bath in Vegas, they need only Robyn's 7-bedroom place to house everyone.

Interesting thought.  And with the kids moving out eventually it would be the right size.  Of course, there's all that pesky "kitchen-sharing" angst to deal with...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Meri doesn’t have an updated mailing address in AZ so I don’t know where she’s living. 

Between Meri's busyness as the proprietress of her BnB and her Travelin' Leggin's show, she is probably only in Flagstaff for filming.  She most likely stays in one of Robyn's 7 bedrooms when in town. 

I hope Robyn has the grace to delegate a room for Meri as far away from the marital chamber as possible.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Between Meri's busyness as the proprietress of her BnB and her Travelin' Leggin's show, she is probably only in Flagstaff for filming.  She most likely stays in one of Robyn's 7 bedrooms when in town. 

I highly doubt Meri would stay in Robyn's house.  She would stay in a hotel, first.  Preferably an expensive one.    Robyn NEEDS all of her bedrooms.

• LOL 5
On 2/16/2019 at 1:44 PM, Gothish520 said:

I've never been to either town, but Vegas doesn't sound appealing to me in the slightest, even just as a vacation, let alone living there.  Flagstaff sounds much more like my cup of java.

ETA: Although, living anywhere that has a healthy population of scorpions, rattlesnakes, and black widow spiders doesn't sound good to me at all, so staying away from the Southwest and/or deserts is my best bet!

The metropolitan area is growing, especially Henderson. Traffic has become a snarled mess, the schools suck, there's crime even in the better neighborhoods and the vibe of the city is........pissy. It's changed significantly just in the 10 years we've been in the area and not for the better. 

The wives said they felt more acceptance in Vegas but really, people are so busy with their own lives they don't have time to give a crap. For all the reasons above plus more, I don't blame Kody for wanting out of that hell-hole. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  I think they are getting the larger homes because they still need room for all the grown kids when they come to visit.  

For a family this large and THISCLOSE to financial catastrophe, I don't think they need to be worrying about what might happen if the grown kids come to visit.  So put one wifey in a bigger house for this reason alone, and put the rest in houses that are logical to the size of their current family.  It's asinine to put Meri in a house with more than two bedrooms.  Janelle only has two kids currently at home.  Christine and Robyn legitimately need larger houses.  I don't care how much Meri whines about her spirit babies, she has no need for a manse that matches her sister wives...although that said, I am here with popcorn for her next woe-fest when it comes to Meri getting what she thinks she deserves.

11 hours ago, suomi said:

If push comes to shove, which is entirely possible if they take much more of a bath in Vegas, they need only Robyn's 7-bedroom place to house everyone. If they put every bit of their income into maintaining only one household and lost everything else, with 3 people in each bedroom 21 of them would have a place to live. It wouldn't be what they aspire to or what they've become accustomed to but it's a lot fucking nicer than the Lehi house they started this show with and none of them would have to sleep in a parking lot.

With Kody all of a sudden worried about how he's going to pay for Ariellola's wedding in 20 years, and as the leader and braintrust of this group of dimwits, the above logic seems like it would eventually have to make its way into the dark recesses of his caveman brain.  I wonder if Robyn has already squashed the idea of having houseguests family underfoot.  I guess it would also be awkward if Kody goes looking for some Robyn funtimes, only to have Janelle making popcorn just down the hall and Meri doing LulaNo live shows in the den.  But it's just ridiculous that Robyn is renting the home that the entire family should be living in, at least while their next set of interest-only McMansions are being built.  You'd think that at least one of these "adults" would get it through their thick skulls that just because they WANT separate houses doesn't mean that's what they can afford.

I'd have to imagine that the Brown kidults (except Sludge) must all collectively understand that if they need money for school, rent, etc. - they are on their own from now on.

• Love 10

It's astounding that with 5 adults, none of them seem to have a clue about living within their means.  Janelle, the "smart" one, so-called, can't even get it right.  Of course, his headship Kootie has the final say on every decision under the sun, so they are SOL, with him in charge.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Christine and Robyn legitimately need larger houses.

Christine had three children at home at the time of the move with one of them graduating from high school in a year or two.  A three bedroom house would have been adequate for her and another for Janelle.  I'm still in jaw dropping mode at Robyn and a seven bedroom seven bath monstrosity.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I don't think they are as broke as people think they are. (no offense to anyone here). 

Anything is possible.  But with long histories of poor money management (multiple bankruptcies), no jobs (with the exception of Janelle's in Utah), participation in multiple MLM's (notorious for being money-eating schemes), the total failure joorey business, huge loans on multiple homes, and a reality TV salary (while a mystery, there is some leaked info from other reality shows about how little they get)..........where is the money coming from?  Some sale of pictures and stories to tabloids and hawking products on social media but that can't be worth much.

But I suppose Kootie could be a stock market investment wizard.  What am I saying....it's Kootie, king of the doofuses.

• Love 6
On 2/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, Adiba said:

I bet that the Browns are using Robyn's house as a business write-off, so she has rooms dedicated to My SWs Closet.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, neh said:

I bet that the Browns are using Robyn's house as a business write-off, so she has rooms dedicated to My SWs Closet.

But they can only claim the portion used for the business.  In a 7 bedroom house, that won't add up to much.  How much room does a box of cheap trinkets take?

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, neh said:

All of them have probably used that deduction. Jewelry, LuLaNo, (Christine is new to that) Strive, and whatever Kody has on record.

• Love 5

I’m a small business owner. I can take off from my income:

mileage reimbursement ( 50 cents per mile)

a room in my house 

a portion of my cell phone bill

one gift per client to not exceed $50 or something like that

Supplies

marketing

a portion of the food I eat while on the job

That may not be completely right ( I use an accountant so he keeps it straight), but it is something like that.

Anywho, all of those deductions come off of my business income. So they aren’t putting money in my pocket per se, they are lowering my tax liability. For easy math, we’ll say I make $20k but business deductions bring it down to I pay taxes on $15k. 

I reported the true numbers, but I think you can somehow claim you made no money the first three years? If that’s true, and if the Browns fudged numbers and didn’t pay anything in business taxes for the first few years of the jewelry, LLR, etc, I still don’t see how they make the math work to have all of those properties. 

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I’m a small business owner. I can take off from my income:

mileage reimbursement ( 50 cents per mile)

a room in my house 

a portion of my cell phone bill

one gift per client to not exceed $50 or something like that

Supplies

marketing

a portion of the food I eat while on the job

That may not be completely right ( I use an accountant so he keeps it straight), but it is something like that.

Anywho, all of those deductions come off of my business income. So they aren’t putting money in my pocket per se, they are lowering my tax liability. For easy math, we’ll say I make $20k but business deductions bring it down to I pay taxes on $15k. 

I reported the true numbers, but I think you can somehow claim you made no money the first three years? If that’s true, and if the Browns fudged numbers and didn’t pay anything in business taxes for the first few years of the jewelry, LLR, etc, I still don’t see how they make the math work to have all of those properties. 

Yes, this is what I think Janelle's "Strive" business is for.  Just enough nonsensical stuff to have some tax deductions for her home "business"

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Yes, this is what I think Janelle's "Strive" business is for.  Just enough nonsensical stuff to have some tax deductions for her home "business"

Just imagine the write-offs sitting on Janelle's pantry shelves gathering dust.  Tried each item once and didn't produce instant results, so back to the internet for the next magical product.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Well, when Meri was having her tantrum about buying the B&B and started running through their hairbrained schemes, Robyn did pipe up that the next Amazon, “My Sister Wives’ Closet”, did help during tax time.  So I guess deductions for that, whatever “business” of his Kody was jabbering about, Janelle’s I’d STRIVE but it requires energy, Meri’s Lawsuit Leggings, Real estate extraordinaires Janelle and Christine’s mileage, 5000 dependents...maybe they make out like bandits on their taxes.

• Love 2

Re: how much they make from this show.

How many years have they been on this show?   If you hadn't heard about the court case involving Amber of Teen Mom, would you guess how much those girls make per season (after the first few)?  

If this bunch did get an inheritance,  who was the person who died and what kind of assets did that person have, and how many other people were also beneficiaries?  Do we have any facts regarding any person they could have inherited from at this point?  

The only logical conclusion is that they are pulling in most of their money from being on this show, and I think its much more than a few thousand per episode.

How long they can KEEP sustaining the lifestyle they have after the show income is gone is another question, though. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Re: how much they make from this show.

How many years have they been on this show?   If you hadn't heard about the court case involving Amber of Teen Mom, would you guess how much those girls make per season (after the first few)?  

If this bunch did get an inheritance,  who was the person who died and what kind of assets did that person have, and how many other people were also beneficiaries?  Do we have any facts regarding any person they could have inherited from at this point?  

The only logical conclusion is that they are pulling in most of their money from being on this show, and I think its much more than a few thousand per episode.

How long they can KEEP sustaining the lifestyle they have after the show income is gone is another question, though. 

Perhaps that's why the move. It's going to end eventually, maybe they have a season or so left with the move and the adjustment but after that, what is there to cover? Sometimes we like to paint the Browns as being kinda dumb, but I don't think they're clueless. If they're making good money from the show which they've been doing for nearly 10 years, they've got to have a place and a plan for that money. 

They know the train is coming to the end of the line. Kody wanted a quieter, cooler place to settle in and Flag isn't a bad choice. They've got the funds for homes and are securing themselves for after the show. "We've got the money, let's get out while we can." When their homes sell--and eventually they will--it'll be even better for them. 

As for the small businesses amongst the wives, Meri seems to be the only one doing well, but who knows for how long with the LLNo. I mocked her for buying the B&B, but it seems to be a decent back-up plan. I may not like Meri's personality, but she's done well for herself business-wise. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Perhaps that's why the move. It's going to end eventually, maybe they have a season or so left with the move and the adjustment but after that, what is there to cover? Sometimes we like to paint the Browns as being kinda dumb, but I don't think they're clueless. If they're making good money from the show which they've been doing for nearly 10 years, they've got to have a place and a plan for that money. 

This would make more sense to me if they were moving and downsizing as their actual at-home family gets smaller.  Instead, they are constantly moving and upsizing to custom-built homes with far more room than any of them usually need (looking at you, Meri/Robyn).  Perhaps Kootie has invested much of the TLC money and can justify their living the high life as Z-list celebrities, while all of their MLM scams are what's bringing in the grocery money.  If that's the case, then color me stunned.  Given what I've seen of these people, though, I have to think that they are one accident/surgery away from having to all bunk together back at the Lehi house - or moving into a B&B in Parowan (hahahaha, oh man - sign me up for five more seasons if this happens).

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Given what I've seen of these people, though, I have to think that they are one accident/surgery away from having to all bunk together back at the Lehi house - or moving into a B&B in Parowan (hahahaha, oh man - sign me up for five more seasons if this happens).

Well since another polygamy family lives in the Lehi house, it will have to be a B&B!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

These folks who end up on these reality shows are largely shameless a-holes.  We are the fools who watch them, and make them wealthy (eg, Real Housewives, Teen Moms, etc).  

I think it makes us feel better to think the Browns don't have any money because we don't think they deserve it, but being a shameless asshole has become a viable way to make money now via reality TV and YouTube.   The only recourse is to stop watching.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 4
On 1/12/2019 at 3:03 PM, ChristmasJones said:

Another TV service similar to Sling is Philo - 43 channels for $16/month - includes A&E, Lifetime, TLC, WE, MTV, etc -- also has a recording feature. I haven't tried it yet, but might. https://try.philo.com/

here is a review of it: https://www.pcmag.com/review/360946/philo

But even if I do... I will never watch this show.

I have Philo and I couldn't possibly love it more.

Great selection of channels (alas no Bravo yet but hopefully in the future), live streaming and a plethora of episodes of all of the shows via their DVR.

I pretty much live my free time on ID Discovery and TLC with an occasional foray over to MTV2 for Teen Mom shenanigans.

Also, Philo has every season and every episode of this train wreck for anyone who wants to walk down the Brown Memory Lane of Delusion.    

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1