Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Well, we'll be treated to Aspyn's nuptials, with a supersized bonus, Doofus in a kilt with his (slightly) bowlegged walk.  Hopefully the MOTB didn't sing.

Someone in Mariah's thread mentioned a reunion at the B & B this weekend.  Since it was mentioned that Mariah & GF didn't go, the event must not be being filmed, or M & A would go with their hands out for that TLC money, seems to me.

I'm sure everyone else that posts here will have other ideas!

• Love 3

More of Meri's Woe-Is-Me shenanigans, I would imagine, although she got what she wanted so what is she going to bitch about now.

And, yes, the wedding including the engagement party, the shower, the bachelorette party, blah, blah, blah.

The Legend of the Incredible Baby Brush.  Diapers and gushy talk about the miracle of life.  Yay.

After that, got nothing.  Actually all of the above is nothing.  These people are like watching paint dry.

• Love 5

Please gawd don't let there be a Baby Tokelti or Mykeny or TacoTruck or whatever the hell we are calling them this week. TonkaTaco? Anyway, it would be too much for me to sit through and watch. But I can imagine them cranking one out just for the TLC money.

I do want a follow-up on Isabel. I want to know if they went back to a REAL doctor and if she got surgery.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Did Meri post somewhere about a reunion?

Whatever Janelle is referring to in a post as “lots of exciting things” happening in her life, better be monumental !

It's just Meri, her mom and her two sisters at the Parowan house selling LLR.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Please gawd don't let there be a Baby Tokelti or Mykeny or TacoTruck or whatever the hell we are calling them this week. TonkaTaco? Anyway, it would be too much for me to sit through and watch. But I can imagine them cranking one out just for the TLC money.

I do want a follow-up on Isabel. I want to know if they went back to a REAL doctor and if she got surgery.

Haha, I feel the opposite - more Mykelti and Tony! The snark, the snark!

Agree, I want to find out about Ysabel's progress. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Haha, I feel the opposite - more Mykelti and Tony! The snark, the snark!

Agree, I want to find out about Ysabel's progress. 

I"m not sure I'd be on board with Mykelti getting preggers at this point.  They act like immature teens.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I"m not sure I'd be on board with Mykelti getting preggers at this point.  They act like immature teens.

Pity the poor baby, stuck with those two yokels.

• Love 12

I feel the opposite - the catfish is a pile of spoiled bones, no more of that crap please.  And no more weddings or babies.  Or joorey or STRIVE or homemade decorations.  Or B&B talk.

Guess that doesn't leave much except the foreclosure on the homes.

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I feel the opposite - the catfish is a pile of spoiled bones, no more of that crap please.  And no more weddings or babies.  Or joorey or STRIVE or homemade decorations.  Or B&B talk.

Guess that doesn't leave much except the foreclosure on the homes.

Aww come on Kohola, you're missing out! You should start watching again so you can see all the shenanigans first-hand! ;D

As I said, I am looking forward to Aspyn's wedding. She's a lovely girl and I'm all about the Scottish theme. 

The catfish stuff is good for some hard eyerolls every time Meri starts in about how much of a victim she was. The funny thing is, she's not entirely wrong - she was a victim of a mentally unbalanced person. But it's her own actions that lead her down that path. 

I don't recall Janelle mentioning Strive on the show, I wonder if she will bring it up in season 10. Seems like the show would be a perfect place to help generate some publicity.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

I don't recall Janelle mentioning Strive on the show, I wonder if she will bring it up in season 10. Seems like the show would be a perfect place to help generate some publicity.

I doubt that Janelle can ever mention Strive. It might seem like a place to get publicity, but it's called advertising and that costs money. The Browns have always spoken very cryptically about their financial ventures.  The green drink was called their "marketing business" and Meri's Lulano is her "online clothing business" and Janelle has never made mention of her health coaching in anyway that I can recall, but she did wear a Strive apron on the last season.  

Robyn's website business is the only one talked about openly and by name that I can remember, I'm sure it's all about legalese etc with the MLM style pyramid businesses or something or they would just turn those hours of telly time into one long Brown infomercial. 

• Love 6

If all they did was shill their "businesses" (MLM crap) the show would be completely boring.

As it is, their storylines are getting stale.  Babies and weddings, a la Duggar stuff.  At least the Browns allow for their kids to be individuals and not live their cultish poly lifestyle.  

Aspyn has always seemed like a nice person, and I do look forward to snarking here after seeing her wedding.  Not on her, but Doofus and the wives will provide a lot of snark, I'm certain!

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

If all they did was shill their "businesses" (MLM crap) the show would be completely boring.

As it is, their storylines are getting stale.  Babies and weddings, a la Duggar stuff.  At least the Browns allow for their kids to be individuals and not live their cultish poly lifestyle.  

Aspyn has always seemed like a nice person, and I do look forward to snarking here after seeing her wedding.  Not on her, but Doofus and the wives will provide a lot of snark, I'm certain!

People have made fun of the hats, but I think they're great. I love the vibrant colors, and while it's more an English thing than Scottish, I still think they're pretty awesome. Google British wedding hats or British crazy hats and you'll find all kinds of fabulously wacky headwear.

Edited by Gothish520
Spelling
  • Love 7

I’d like to see Aspyn’s wedding. She has always come across as a nice person. I hope it was everything she wanted. She certainly put up with a lot from her sisters for their weddings.

I’m curious what Janelle considers exciting, that we will be privy to in the new season. It better be good.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

People have made fun of the hats, but I think they're great. I love the vibrants colors, and while it's more an English thing than Scottish, I still think they're pretty awesome. Google British wedding hats or British crazy hats and you'll find all kinds of fabulously wacky headwear.

I am fascinated with fascinators, which I think would've been more flattering on these large-size ladies than the large hats were. Janelle wore hers fascinator-style but, even so, large added to large was not a flattering choice. It screamed "I have zero fashion sense." (But she did wear it on the right hand side of her head so that was cool).

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 2

I was poking around online and the cost of living in Flagstaff is pretty high and much higher on average than the rest of Arizona.  The real estate market is especially high.  So I wonder why they would choose to move there if they were trying to save money on housing.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I was poking around online and the cost of living in Flagstaff is pretty high and much higher on average than the rest of Arizona.  The real estate market is especially high.  So I wonder why they would choose to move there if they were trying to save money on housing.

If it doesn't make sense to you and I , or the rest of the world, you can damn well bet it makes sense to the Browns!

• Love 21

Not going to lie, this is something that might get me to watch again. Some of the kids must be really attached to LV or Utah. Expect for the little kids, we'll  see who wants to avoid work and just stay on the gravy train by moving to AZ . Also they can't possibly buy 4 separate houses again, can they?

• Love 5

I didn't realize Flagstaff was such a small city, only 70K residents, 1/10th the size of Vegas.  Are they doing this for storyline? 

3 hours ago, Maire said:

we'll  see who wants to avoid work and just stay on the gravy train by moving to AZ .

Madison did post on IG that they spent July 4th in Flagstaff, so looks like they may be making the move too?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Janc said:

I didn't realize Flagstaff was such a small city, only 70K residents, 1/10th the size of Vegas.  Are they doing this for storyline? 

4 hours ago, Maire said:

Dried up all of the stories in LV.  Need to find something new as if we need to watch them having melt downs over packing boxes and building/finding new digs.

Flagstaff is expensive and way more upscale than this bunch of carnival clowns are used to.  I can't see them being particularly welcome there.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Janc said:

Madison did post on IG that they spent July 4th in Flagstaff, so looks like they may be making the move too?

What about her nursing degree she's supposedly working on?

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Dried up all of the stories in LV.  Need to find something new as if we need to watch them having melt downs over packing boxes and building/finding new digs.

Flagstaff is expensive and way more upscale than this bunch of carnival clowns are used to.  I can't see them being particularly welcome there.

Poor Flagstaff, as if it doesn't have enough to deal with. 

It IS expensive. I went to NAU and my tiny 393 sq foot apartment was $1200 a month. How are they going to afford homes there? Or are they all going to crowd into one? That said, it is a wonderful area (if a bit full of itself). I used to run up to the Lowell observatory all the time, enjoying the smell of the trees and crisp air. 

ETA: They'll probably become healthier there. Flagstaff has so many areas for hiking and recreation versus Vegas city life.

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3

Flagstaff is 3 hours further away from Parowan than Las Vegas is.  Wonder if Meri will be making the move or if this is her perfect opportunity to save face and declare a permanent move to Parowan.  She could even spin it that she didn't want to be so far away from her elderly mother, making herself appear noble and self-sacrificing.

• Love 11

Maddie did a live on her LLR page saying she's not going to move. 

6 hours ago, neh said:

I don't understand why they are moving to Flaggstaff.  Is there a polygamist community there?

I think it's clear that, while Kody enjoys identifying with them, he no longer wishes to be part of that community. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

..while Kody enjoys identifying with them...

I think he enjoys unlimited sex with multiple partners and that's about it.  They never even make a pretense about it being religious anymore.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, neh said:

Is there a polygamist community there?

Yep. Mostly Independents and some AUB. They are on the low-down. And as others have said, Flag is expensive. Big college town, loads of hippy/crunchy folks and a bunch of state/government agencies and their employees. I have no idea why The Brown Clowns picked the town, of all places. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Yep. Mostly Independents and some AUB. They are on the low-down. And as others have said, Flag is expensive. Big college town, loads of hippy/crunchy folks and a bunch of state/government agencies and their employees. I have no idea why The Brown Clowns picked the town, of all places. 

True.   I just checked out city data and crime seems to be very high there.  The  schools are not rated very high.  Yes the housing is very high priced.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

I can't figure out why Flag is so costly. It has a so-so ski hill, a decent--but not overly fabulous--downtown area (pubs n stuff) but other than the uni, what? Because it's a cooler tree-ee, snowy-in-winter area in AZ? So are the Haulapai mountains near Kingman. Not nearly as costly, similar elevation/climate. 

This new direction will definitely have me watching again. Weddings and babies was getting really, really boring. Hoping for some epic drama!

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Weddings and babies was getting really, really boring.

Amen to that.  Not that moving will bring me back. I can't stand the lot of them.

• Love 3

Due to both of my careers, I have spent a ton of time in Flag (plus my parents used to summer there). I just can't see how the Browns are going to fit in there. I REALLY am curious how the show is going to handle the "sells" of the four McMansions in LV. Hell, that alone could be enough drama for a season. As far as being able to buy four homes close to each other in Flag, give it up now, Kodster. Unless they find some land way out from the town and buy four manufactured homes to plop on it, they are screwed.

Wonder if they got sucked in by all those land sales between Flag and Kingman, the ones for cheap land but they don't have roads or utilities and you have to drill down through granite to small pockets of water? That sounds right up their alley.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Wonder if they got sucked in by all those land sales between Flag and Kingman, the ones for cheap land but they don't have roads or utilities and you have to drill down through granite to small pockets of water? That sounds right up their alley.

Because they have such a great history of being business savvy.....

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Due to both of my careers, I have spent a ton of time in Flag (plus my parents used to summer there). I just can't see how the Browns are going to fit in there. I REALLY am curious how the show is going to handle the "sells" of the four McMansions in LV. Hell, that alone could be enough drama for a season. As far as being able to buy four homes close to each other in Flag, give it up now, Kodster. Unless they find some land way out from the town and buy four manufactured homes to plop on it, they are screwed.

I'm wondering if Janelle will be the agent. I just don't see her having the negotiating skills.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

None of their houses are listed as for sale, or recently sold. I only looked on Zillow, though.

I looked in several places and saw that too.  None of them are for sale.  Then I looked at the wording of the articles and moving to Flagstaff seems to be some kind of future "plan", not something they've already done.

I also noticed that the potential asking price of those houses has shot up since they bought them, so perhaps one reason for moving is to cash in on their increase in value.  But the question still remains, "why Flagstaff"?  The articles make it sound like they're tired of the LV heat.  Well, there places other than Flagstaff if they want to be cool.

• Love 4