Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Rad Fatties

4 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

BTW, off topic, but did you answer my question in the Light As a Feather thread? I don't think the trailer you referred to was for the Hulu series, but for a book.

I don't know what your talking about. 

28 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

Right here! :-)

There must be something wrong with the merging of the threads. I am not even sure what "light as a feather is" my comment was, at the time, about the trailer for the show...Manifest on NBC.

(edited)

Plum's clothing doesn't bother me.  I can appreciate all kinds of fashion choices.  She has so many other things going on that distract me, but, not in a good way. 

I do look forward to hearing what really happened in this guy's apartment. I don't actually expect that the show will provide anything satisfying from here on out, but, we'll see.  

Someone upthread mentioned a desire to know the backstory for the detective.  When he and Kitty were sitting in that bar, based on the things that Kitty said about his history and the way he was downing drinks, it made me believe that he might have had a drinking problem (issues from that) that caused his release from the department. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Someone upthread mentioned a desire to know the backstory for the detective.  When he and Kitty were sitting in that bar, based on the things that Kitty said about his history and the way he was downing drinks, it made me believe that he might have had a drinking problem (issues from that) that caused his release from the department. 

Good guess. I guess that would work pretty good as it could contrast how his "demons" / issues don't show on the outside like Plum's 

• Love 1

The rules at PTV are simple - the main one is to be civil to your fellow posters. That's starting to breakdown here, and its understandable as this show is pushing a lot of buttons. However, posts have been removed. If you feel a post is out of line, use the report feature, and the moderation team will make the determination. Failure to follow the site rules may result in further sanctions. Thank you for  assistance.

I am appreciating this show because of the different topics it brings up. It’s timely, I think, given Me Too, body acceptance, and consent. There are plenty of layers to the conflicts and politics of power within relationships as well. It reminds me of a cross between Mr. Robot(which is similar to FC) and My Mad Fat Diary. I may be one of few who hopes that it will continue. It’s not a neat and tidy tale, but that’s not what I’m asking of it either. I think there’s enough here to keep me watching. 

• Love 1