Type keyword(s) to search

The Originals in the Media

Ha, the producers clearly have no idea how little we care about the Elijah/Hayley love story. The really stupid thing is that having a flashback in no way takes away from whatever relationships are currently happening but apparently a show that does flashbacks ALL THE TIME still doesn’t get that. I mean, how will the audience be able to separate what happened hundreds of years ago in the past with what’s happening in the current timeline? Aside from the bad wigs, of course. 

Phoebe Tonkin is stunning, but imo her chemistry with the two male leads is lacking.  Unfortunately, they probably thought a comparison between the two couples would not benefit the current pairing. 

That WAS sweet. Is that true though? Fanmade Originals videos maybe sparked the show? I was around during all that spin off talk and don't remember that. But it was a long time ago and I actually had to pause a minute to remember what I had for lunch today. 

Legacies trailer from Comic-Con. Only posting here because I'm curious: is that Elijah sitting at the outdoor table with Hope at the 2:16 mark? Surprised that was in the trailer since it's clearly footage from the new show. No other Mikaelsons in the trailer that I could spot though.

Well, i have no interest in that but, I want shocked to see Elijah in the scene, unless it's from the last 2 episodes of The Originals? They did use a lot of The Originals scenes. I wonder if this was the special video made for The CW 'pilot' sell?

I'm fine with it, honestly. Klaroline was always a problematic relationship and - frankly - over-exaggerated. He wasn't her true love or even any kind of her love. He was just a guy that flattered her and she wanted to bone. When they "killed" him in the season 3 finale, she chinked glasses with the rest of her MFG buddies. 

I can see how with both of them being immortal creatures and her daughter in his school that they had evolved some form of friendship but HEA together was always a hard sell and I'm glad the show didn't try to force that down our throats.

Klaroline aside, killing Klaus is the only way The Originals could have ended. 

32 minutes ago, ursula said:

I'm fine with it, honestly. Klaroline was always a problematic relationship and - frankly - over-exaggerated. He wasn't her true love or even any kind of her love. He was just a guy that flattered her and she wanted to bone. When they "killed" him in the season 3 finale, she chinked glasses with the rest of her MFG buddies. 

I can see how with both of them being immortal creatures and her daughter in his school that they had evolved some form of friendship but HEA together was always a hard sell and I'm glad the show didn't try to force that down our throats.

Klaroline aside, killing Klaus is the only way The Originals could have ended. 

Fair enough. 

However my point was less about the Klaus/Caroline relationship or even Klaus dying. More so the insinuation that Caroline, who could possibly live for 100’s of years, would dishonor her husband (of 24 hours) memory by moving on. 

Between the rings she wears and the school carrying his name, it seems she is honoring Stefan and how important he was to her. 

Also the idea that you’re only allowed one true love and moving on after their death is somehow disrespectful, rubs me the wrong way.  Really, I should just not read JP interviews and just concentrate on the pretty people on my screen! Lol

• Love 4

Won't the longetivity on vampires necessarily mean that "getting over a dead husband" should take longer? If you can arguably live for centuries, then a mourning period should logically be decades. 

I don't think JP implied that only one true love was possible. What was the point of Klaus/Cami? Or Klaus/Aurora? Or Elijah/Celeste then Elijah/Katherine before? And JP mentioned in her interview that Hayley was one of Elijah's true loves and I think that was deliberate. 

14 minutes ago, ursula said:

Won't the longetivity on vampires necessarily mean that "getting over a dead husband" should take longer? If you can arguably live for centuries, then a mourning period should logically be decades. 

I don't think JP implied that only one true love was possible. What was the point of Klaus/Cami? Or Klaus/Aurora? Or Elijah/Celeste then Elijah/Katherine before? And JP mentioned in her interview that Hayley was one of Elijah's true loves and I think that was deliberate. 

I’m speaking specifically about the interview I uploaded where she discusses Klaus’s death and Caroline’s future in general. Not about how long fictional creatures should mourn someone.

More so my point was her logic was somewhat off... as per usual.

But hey to each their own, and all that. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GraceAnne said:

Ummmm...Is Julie Plec actually saying they killed Klaus to not dishonor Stefan? 

There were a ton of other endings for Klaus besides being with Caroline. 

Also, seems pretty shortsighted to insinuate if you lose your spouse that’s it for you because you need to honor their memory... Yikes! 

https://www.google.com/amp/ew.com/tv/2018/08/01/the-originals-finale-julie-plec-klaroline-ending/amp/

That seems to be what she’s saying! That makes me mad. I stopped watching Vampire Diaries, but I always watched The Originals. This show had its own storylines, and I don’t like that this ending was determined by things that happened on a different show. It also seems to have been influenced a lot by a show that hasn’t even aired yet! And if the ending was going to be determined by Vampire Diaries then what happened to Klaus telling Caroline on that show that he wasn’t her first love but he intended to be her last love?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeddah said:

And if the ending was going to be determined by Vampire Diaries then what happened to Klaus telling Caroline on that show that he wasn’t her first love but he intended to be her last love?

Just because Klaus said it doesn't make it be true? Klaus/Caroline were never written as either one's true loves, anyway. Most of Klaroline is, frankly speaking, more of fanbaiting than actual substance. 

6 minutes ago, ursula said:

Just because Klaus said it doesn't make it be true? Klaus/Caroline were never written as either one's true loves, anyway. Most of Klaroline is, frankly speaking, more of fanbaiting than actual substance. 

I know just because he said it doesn’t make true. That wasn’t my argument. My complaint was about the reliance of this show’s plot on things that happened in VD. I’m saying if they were going to base so much of the plot off of VD, go all in and put them together. It would have made as much sense as deciding this show’s ending based off of Stefan and Caroline’s relationship, which is what Julie Plec is saying she did. Caroline and Stefan were on this show just a handful of times. Neither of them should have had any influence on what happened on The Originals.

19 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

Caroline and Stefan were on this show just a handful of times. Neither of them should have had any influence on what happened on The Originals.

Fair enough. To  me, Klaus's death made sense for The Originals's finale long before I heard Plec's interview connecting it to Steroline - especially with Legacies continuing the story. So while Plec's reasons were misguided, I can't fault her conclusion. 

6 hours ago, Jeddah said:

That seems to be what she’s saying! That makes me mad. I stopped watching Vampire Diaries, but I always watched The Originals. This show had its own storylines, and I don’t like that this ending was determined by things that happened on a different show. It also seems to have been influenced a lot by a show that hasn’t even aired yet! And if the ending was going to be determined by Vampire Diaries then what happened to Klaus telling Caroline on that show that he wasn’t her first love but he intended to be her last love?

I'm fine with the end of Klaroline. As someone who only watched the Originals, I don't really care about TVD or the lives the characters had there. I do agree that this season was influenced by TVD and Legacies though, which just hurt the show in the end.

Ok so random thought..why IS Plec always in the middle of cast interviews and talking a lot? I mean she's no Joss or even Chris Carter, as much as I hate his smug interviews he is the creator of arguably a genre defining tv show and earned it.  She...drives me crazy when I see it like....let the cast have a word dude they have excellent accents!

She's the show runner/creator. In terms of concrete answers/information, she is the original (pun intended) resource. The actors only relay the limited information, subject to change, that she lets them know.

On 8/2/2018 at 6:59 AM, ursula said:

I'm not sure I follow that logic. There is no set time for mourning a spouse that I am aware of.   Some people mourn for several years or even decades (though that seems really unhealthy) and others heal and even love again relatively quickly  I haven't seen anything that shows in the VD/TO universe, vampires, even those as old as The Originals themselves, have an elongated emotional process for falling in love or mourning.  

In any case, Caroline is only in her 30's, despite being a vampire.  So even if over time vampires' perspectives changed with their longevity, Caroline hasn't even lived one full life time.