Type keyword(s) to search

The Originals in the Media

This isn't a direct reference to The Originals, but on this week's episode of Skin Wars, one of the contestants made her model into a were-pire. When she was describing her vampire/werewolf creation, I started thinking about Klaus and how much I hate the whole concept of hybrids and wondering what this model would end up looking like. Much to my disappointment, she was painted as a vampire on the front and a werewolf in the back.

Jason Dohring will be on TO this season in a recurring role. Dammit, just when I think I'm out, they bring me back in.

Too funny!

My husband was just like, "That guy you like from the teenage detective show is going to be on that teen vampire show you watch".

My 1st thought was "Goddamn Julie Plec for not letting me quit this show", quickly followed by.... " I really do watch too many shows about teenagers".

Ooh! That is awesome! But will this new detective be an obligatory psychotic jackass?

We can only hope.... and maybe he'll have an Alpaca...

• Love 2

Whoooo, Electric Boogaloo, thank you for posting these. Watching a shirtless CMD sparring in the ring with my beloved YG (and accompanying interview) was what I needed to face the day. Here I come, Tuesday! And only a few more days til the premiere! :-)

• Love 1

Vampire Diaries, The Originals Friday-Night Crossover Confirmed

https://tvline.com/2016/01/10/vampire-diaries-the-originals-crossover/

The Salvatores and the Mikaelsons are reuniting.

Friday-bound Vampire Diaries and The Originals will stage a crossover later this season, CW president Mark Pedowitz announced Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena.

“You will see, organically, a crossover this year,” Pedowitz confirmed. “Not of the size and scope of we do with Arrow and Flash. They have to make sense [story-wise].”

Regarding the sister series’ move to Friday night beginning Jan. 29, Pedowitz maintained that the scheduling shift should not be interpreted as a death sentence for either show. “The move is not to exile [the shows],” he said. “It’s a move to strengthen Friday night.”

So, I know this is a stupid detail to concern myself with, but which timeline is the Original's intended to sync up with?  Obviously, when the Original's initially started, it was in sync with TVD, as Hayley was pregnant from the one night stand she had with Klaus on the prior season of TVD.  I cannot recall if the show has maintained the 2-3 years behind timeline since or if it's just fudged and slurred its way into 2015/16.

(edited)

It's been moved to mid-season.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-cw-fall-schedule-supergirl/CW Boss Defends Benching Originals, 

In a conference call on Thursday morning, network president Mark Pedowitz spoke of his decision to hold the show until midseason, telling reporters, “We have a very strong schedule. We still believe quite a bit in The Originals. We only have 10 hours, so we made a choice to [hold it] to further boost our schedule at midseason.” 

I guess they only got a 10 episode order.

Edited by Artsda

I think it`s gonna be 13 to 16 episodes. "Ten hours" most likely refers to the programming slots available Monday to Friday 8-10. I knew this show would get moved to mid-Season and get a shortened order. Sigh. Why is TVD allowed a fall slot and 22 episodes? It`s so much worse creatively. 

• Love 2

No. Come on. TVD has run its course and the Originals is SO much more interesting. We have to wait until mid season?  I guess that's what I should expect from the network who also moved Izombie to mid season kept the KK vehicle, Beauty and the beast, on for years and picked up the atrocious super girl. My opinion of course but I feel like they go for lowest level of quality here.

• Love 2

Is anyone else thinking that if season 8 of TVD will be the last, they might be setting up some crossovers when TO comes back in the fall and maybe moving some of the TVD actors to NOLA once the show is over? 

I'd be cool with that, especially if it means Caroline gets to go there and maybe be with Klaus? 

He did say that he intends to be her last love... 

• Love 3
On 5/21/2016 at 11:06 AM, raytch said:

Is anyone else thinking that if season 8 of TVD will be the last, they might be setting up some crossovers when TO comes back in the fall and maybe moving some of the TVD actors to NOLA once the show is over? 

I'd be cool with that, especially if it means Caroline gets to go there and maybe be with Klaus? 

He did say that he intends to be her last love... 

This would make me so happy!

Please let the endgame be KLAROLINE!  Cami is already out of the way for this to happen!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TheHappinessHotel said:

This would make me so happy!

Please let the endgame be KLAROLINE!  Cami is already out of the way for this to happen!

I think it's the very reason they took her out of the equation. Klaus my be truly in love with her but let's face it she never stood a chance with Caroline. Also, both shows haven't been doing great with the ratings so it makes sense if they use TO to end TVD on a high note and boost the ratings for TO in case they get another season past season 4...

• Love 1

I didn't have a problem with the Cami/Klaus relationship because I didn't like Cami all that much. But I actually like Caroline so I hope she doesn't end up with Klaus. I don't need to see any characters from TVD crossing over to TO.

21 hours ago, raytch said:

I think it's the very reason they took her out of the equation. Klaus my be truly in love with her but let's face it she never stood a chance with Caroline. Also, both shows haven't been doing great with the ratings so it makes sense if they use TO to end TVD on a high note and boost the ratings for TO in case they get another season past season 4...

I feel like TVD is trying to make Caroline and Stefan true loves so I have my doubts.

Until the final episode, I will push for Klaroline!  

2 hours ago, TheHappinessHotel said:

I feel like TVD is trying to make Caroline and Stefan true loves so I have my doubts.

Until the final episode, I will push for Klaroline!  

Oh damn I already forgot that she's with Stefan! I really wish these 2 stayed friends, they had such great chemistry back then... 

• Love 1

CW boss weighs in on future of The Originals

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/08/the-originals-future-cw-boss/

Julie [Plec] and I spoke ahead of time about this,” CW President Mark Pedowitz said at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Sunday. “The Originals has not yet premiered for the season. It’ll probably be a discussion in May. I’m a big Julie Plec fan. I’m hoping The Originals will continue. A lot of it will depend on performance.”

For its upcoming season, The Originals will jump ahead five years, picking up at least two years ahead of The Vampire Diaries’ timeline. However, that doesn’t negate crossover before TVD goes off the air, as Matt Davis’ Alaric will make his way to New Orleans in the eighth episode of The Originals‘ new season.

The Originals returns Friday, March 17 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

• Love 1