Type keyword(s) to search

The Originals in the Media

Huh, I didn't read anything there that seemed over-the-top w/r/t Cami. I'm used to seeing showrunners talk up their less-successful performers/characters/storylines in a super effusive way, but this just seemed like a description of what Cami will do in the next few episodes. It wasn't like, "Leah Pipes just knocks it out of the park! She's so amazing and they have such great chemistry and Cami is the most fascinating character!!!1!" Which is basically what the Sleepy Hollow and Arrow showrunners do with their failed characters/performers. :) I do see them trying to shove her in with the other characters in sort of non-organic ways, but that's nothing new for JP. She picks faves and they get the attention and that's that.

Elsewhere in that article, I am intrigued by the Finn stuff, and by Hayley and Marcel working together more. What happened to Gia, by the way? There's no mention of her there, unless I missed it, and she was basically MIA toward the end of 2A. I liked her and her chemistry with Elijah.

• Love 1

I think it's just the idea of "Klaus letting Cami in the circle of trust" comments and it being such a beautiful moment. ... I  mean, seriously?

Klaus just killed his father for knowing about Hope, but brings Cami around a week later? 

Personally, I would have rather seen Klaus explore the relationship with his father than watch Cami be shoehorned into another family issue.

Little of topic but recently read an article about some changes coming down the pike for Sleepy Hollow that could circle back to what everyone enjoyed last year. So fingers crossed for that.

I'm really excited about the Finn storyline!

Hats off to TO's casting Yusuf Gatewood as the new Finn.  IMO, the new Esther and new Finn have been a highlight of this season so far. 

• Love 2

I think it's just the idea of "Klaus letting Cami in the circle of trust" comments and it being such a beautiful moment. ... I  mean, seriously?

Klaus just killed his father for knowing about Hope, but brings Cami around a week later? 

Personally, I would have rather seen Klaus explore the relationship with his father than watch Cami be shoehorned into another family issue.

[...]

I'm really excited about the Finn storyline!

Hats off to TO's casting Yusuf Gatewood as the new Finn.  IMO, the new Esther and new Finn have been a highlight of this season so far. 

I know--I honestly would never have believed that I would say the word "intrigued" in the same sentence as Finn. But I just love him so much now. Yusuf Gatewood is incredible.

And I see what you're saying--yeah, the "beautiful moment" of introducing Cami to Hope is a little much. Especially because I just don't feel like they've been pushing the Cami/Klaus bond that hard, that it would be so monumental. I mean, he shouldn't let her meet the baby at all, but if he's going to, it's not like he's introducing the love of his life to his daughter. If the show is trying to sell that kind of relationship...well, they're not selling it, let's leave it at that. Or maybe my eyes are just glazing over in those moments.

• Love 1

I was actually intrigued by the idea of Cami being Eligah's Melfi, he definitley needs one, and I mean if they really aren't pursuing  Elijah and Hayley than I'd love to see him play off some other characters besides Klaus/Hayley. He deserves to be more than eternal third wheel! I laughed heartily at his comment about how you have one violent road side diner episode in hundreds of years and you never hear the end of it. Hee. 

I don't like the sound of Kol being "punished" even if it is in service of my favorite twisted ship Klaus/Bex. Kovina is my jam, give us all a break for once Klaus! 

I mean, he shouldn't let her meet the baby at all, but if he's going to, it's not like he's introducing the love of his life to his daughter.

I think he trusts Cami with Hope in general, she's tied to all of them at this point and has helped the family.  He got her to help out Elijah, who is struggling, and  I think he made it clear of his intention to wipe her memory of Hope when she leaves.

I mean, he shouldn't let her meet the baby at all, but if he's going to, it's not like he's introducing the love of his life to his daughter.

I think he trusts Cami with Hope in general, she's tied to all of them at this point and has helped the family.  He got her to help out Elijah, who is struggling, and  I think he made it clear of his intention to wipe her memory of Hope when she leaves.

This was in response to my post, so just to be clear: that was from a few weeks ago, before these episodes, and I was responding to a quote from Julie Plec about Cami meeting Hope. It was only a hint at that point, so I was just speculating. And I don't think Klaus has any reason to distrust Cami at all, but I still stand by my belief that they never should have let anyone else in on the secret--it's clearly about to come out, and the more people who know, the higher the risk of that. And Klaus can compel the memory away, but Finn is still a witch, and who knows what he could do to Cami to try to track down this secret?

• Love 1

Sorry, I didn't look at the date it was written.  Agreed that the less the better is the wisest choice.  STILL, I totally understand Klaus being victim to the undercurrent in his heart and wanting his baby to benefit from the attention and nurturing of all the powerful people prepared to love and protect her and I think this is creating a new focus in him.  Finn will find Hope, no doubt, and that that will be the end of him.

Yeah I think he's gone, and  that SUCKS. So much. Maybe we could get pretty plastic blond boy from The Secret Circle to be Nu Nu Kol, since I'm not wild about Nate.

Maybe we could get pretty plastic blond boy from The Secret Circle to be Nu Nu Kol

I have been watching Backstrom and Thomas Dekker plays a character that is the complete opposite of his character on The Secret Circle. I have been pretty surprised as I found him totally bland on The Secret Circle. Maybe they should ask Phoebe Tonkin who she wants a Secret Circle reunion with! (Please don't say Jake Zylka!)

Please don't say Jake Zylka!)

That is exactly who I am talking about I effin' LOVED Jake Zylka, he wavered between genuinely good and fantastically bad-campy GREAT, and lord knows The Secret Circle needed that kind of delightful cheese. Plus so tall and hot.

(edited)

I couldn't stand him on The Nine Lives of Chloe King. But the reason I really disliked him on The Secret Circle was that he looked ten years older than his character was supposed to be. If the CW does their requisite "let's recruit actors from our cancelled shows" and brings him onto The Originals, at least make his character an appropriate age. I am never going to buy him as a high school student. It creeped me out to see him with Cassie and Faye because he looked so much older than both of them. And that's coming from someone who watches Pretty Little Liars where all the men in Rosewood are pedos!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Are you guys talking about Chris Zylka, who played Jake on the Secret Circle?  I don't recall him being in the Nine Lives of Chloe King (which was delightfully stupid), though the weird dude that Pheobe Tonkin's character dated briefly was on NLCK as the boringest lead to ever boring. 

I have to agree with blixie about Chris Zylka. He was sort of fun on the Secret Circle purely for his in weird stilted/hammy performance.  It wasn't good, but it was hilarious.  And I actually sort of love him on on 10 Things I hate About You.  He was just a good looking, good matured dolt and was sort of charming as an idiot. 

As for anyone from TSC ending up on this show, no thank you. I do want a new Kol though, a rather a Kol.  I liked both prior actors and, more importantly to me, I just enjoy the character. And I think he adds a dynamic to the Original Sibs that no other character can bring.

Are you guys talking about Chris Zylka, who played Jake on the Secret Circle? I don't recall him being in the Nine Lives of Chloe King (which was delightfully stupid), though the weird dude that Pheobe Tonkin's character dated briefly was on NLCK as the boringest lead to ever boring.

Sorry, I was mixing up the bland actors on different ABC Family shows and thinking of when he showed up on Twisted!

(edited)

I really like that interview, especially Joseph's favourite couples. I agree with him on both Jackson/Hayley, and Aiden/Josh. At least he didn't go all cliche and say Klaus/Hayley or Hayley/Elijah or something. I always enjoy Joseph's interviews immensely. He seems like a good guy and he gives good answers. 

And there's two people, in my opinion, that can fit that description: Cami and Marcel. And I would only be fine with one of them. I think every other character is relatively safe for now.

Edited by jessied112

Dear lord.. Michael Narducci has spent the last two days on twitter getting into pissing matches with klaroline fans.
Don’t get me wrong  most of them are rude and obnoxious but as a grown man how in god’s name do you engage in an argument with someone who calls you “mean” for not making Klaus and Caroline happen and ruining their lives??  I mean clearly the person is either extremely young or not all there.
He actually wrote he was trying to teach them a lesson…. Dude, the lesson should be when you’re the front runner for a poorly rated CW show don’t engage with children on social media, cause no one comes out looking good!

• Love 2

Caroline isn't even on this show, not sure why he's fighting over a character that's not on his show.

I thought that was odd as well.

He said numerous times Caroline is not on TO and won't be anytime in the future for that matter...... So why keep going back and forth antagonizing people who clearly have nothing better to do?  If you want to do a twitter Q&A just answer people who ask questions prevalent to your show and keep it moving.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought that was odd as well.

He said numerous times Caroline is not on TO and won't be anytime in the future for that matter...... So why keep going back and forth antagonizing people who clearly have nothing better to do? If you want to do a twitter Q&A just answer people who ask questions prevalent to your show and keep it moving.

This drives me batty. It's easy to engage in twitter wars with morons but not if you're getting PAID to run a TV show. Doesn't he have better things to do? Or shouldn't he have a tried and true company line worked out by now? He needs to get some tips from Steve DeKnight on how to respond to disgruntled fans on social media. Especially since this isn't even about an important social issue, it's a flailing TV show on the CW network. These people are such amateurs. Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

He actually wrote he was trying to teach them a lesson….

About what? They are fans of a pairing that isn`t happening, not right now and unlikely to happen in the future. For several reasons. That doesn`t mean they are likely gonna change their mind about shipping them. Maybe lose interest in doing so down the line but I fail to see what kind of "lesson" that requires? And why is he personally bothered by it?

I get fans can be harassing and annoying on twitter but most writers I`ve seen on twitter seem to want it as an ego-feeding platform and then cry big bubbly tears when they get the other side, too. Like, that was so unexpected. If the behind-the-scenes-folks want to use social media for personal fan interaction, then give them the same medai training actors have been receiving for years. Because those usually handle it better from what I`ve seen. 

• Love 3

About what? They are fans of a pairing that isn`t happening, not right now and unlikely to happen in the future. For several reasons. That doesn`t mean they are likely gonna change their mind about shipping them. Maybe lose interest in doing so down the line but I fail to see what kind of "lesson" that requires? And why is he personally bothered by it?

I get fans can be harassing and annoying on twitter but most writers I`ve seen on twitter seem to want it as an ego-feeding platform and then cry big bubbly tears when they get the other side, too. Like, that was so unexpected. If the behind-the-scenes-folks want to use social media for personal fan interaction, then give them the same medai training actors have been receiving for years. Because those usually handle it better from what I`ve seen. 

Go with that instinct. It made me mad.

I feel like if I read this I'm going to get stabby.

MN has actually made me reconsider my stance on Julie Plec being The Worst.

Besides from everything previously mentioned I love when he or his writers comment they don't pay attention to the ratings...... Ummm, maybe you guys should?

I understand artist integrity, but let's not pretend you're Edgar Allan F'en Poe.  If you're show is not received well by the audience you're all out of jobs.  I don't know, seems pretty simple to me.  Maybe that's the lesson MN should learn!

• Love 1

Wonder if they'll pin down her accent before filming starts! Ugh. This isn't a surprise, but yeah, I'm not a fan. So of the four female regulars, I'm down to only one I still like (Davina). I'm not sure I'm tuning in next season.

Interesting. I wonder if this will help or hurt the ratings for The Originals. I always thought they should have aired back to back like Buffy/Angel but I also thought it was a good sign that the CW had enough faith in this show to air it on a separate night without TVD.

Looks like they're trying to fasten the two in an effort to bolster both ratings. ND is gone from TVD and we all know Plec only knew how to write for her and CA so maybe the network has indeed lost faith. All I know is The Tomorrow People was cancelled for less than this, the same night move could very well result in a last season for both of them. I honestly don't think The Originals will make it past season 3 anyway, showrunners need to learn the Sleepy Hollow lesson and stop shoving people we don't give a fuck about down our unwilling throats.

• Love 1

Looks like they're trying to fasten the two in an effort to bolster both ratings. ND is gone from TVD and we all know Plec only knew how to write for her and CA so maybe the network has indeed lost faith. All I know is The Tomorrow People was cancelled for less than this, the same night move could very well result in a last season for both of them. I honestly don't think The Originals will make it past season 3 anyway, showrunners need to learn the Sleepy Hollow lesson and stop shoving people we don't give a fuck about down our unwilling throats.

I'm curious to see what the excuse for no crossovers will be this year ....When they are clearly sharing the same night of the week in hopes of garnering more "crossover" viewers.

http://tvline.com/2015/05/19/the-originals-season-3-spoilers-hayley-klaus-elijah/

Also.....

TVLINE | Riley Voelkel is coming on full-time. Are you looking forward to potentially building a Hayley-Freya friendship?

My favorite storylines on our show are the ones with the girls working together for the greater good, and not talking about men. Now that we have four girls — me, Riley, Leah [Pipes] and Danielle [Campbell] — I’m excited for storylines with us four.

This does nothing to encourage me to watch next season. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm totally fine with no crossovers between the two shows. They are such separate stories and worlds now that I am okay with not having any crossovers next season, especially because if I try to imagine why the characters would appear on the other show (for example, I have no desire to see Klaus show up on TVD to have a pissing contest with Stefan over Caroline).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo