Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: The Tombs

• Start Topic

Angelville really is a never ending freak show, huh? Makes the town from the first season look like Main Street USA. At least they didnt have people betting on damned souls in low rent gladiator matches on an old plantation thats basically the horrible inbred child of Deliverance, a Tennessee Williams play, and that one James Bond movie that randomly had a bunch of voodoo stuff. 

Jessie really had a fucked up life, didnt he? At least Tulip saw through his tendency to push people away in an attempt to protect them, instead of just being honest. Of course, you kind of have to go to extremes with Cassidy to make a point. Speaking of, glad he didnt use the love potion on Tulip. Glad that I dont have to hate him, as he is definitely my favorite character. Sucks that Tulip doesn't love him even though he clearly is deeply in love with her, but at least he seems to finally get that. She is pretty ride or die for Jessie, bad life choices and all. 

• Love 2

So Satan is going to give the Cowboy his guns back? Kinda makes me wonder how he got them, since Tulip mailed them off. Or maybe he's just lying. He seems like he might lie a lot.

The cardboard box that Cassidy was in must have been super strong magical cardboard taped up with super strong magical packing tape if Jesse was able to carry it around without it ripping open.

Somehow I don't think killing Grandma is going to be all that easy.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Sandman87 said:

The cardboard box that Cassidy was in must have been super strong magical cardboard taped up with super strong magical packing tape if Jesse was able to carry it around without it ripping open.

I thought Jesse got the box from the shipping/mailing place. I think Cassidy was in several plastic bags dumped in the back of the truck.

I wonder if Jesse remembered to poke some air holes in the box, I wonder if that is necessary?

I still don't believe that Jesse killed the psychic's brother it just seemed like he passed out. 

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, showme said:

Right, I almost forgot about them. Where are they now in the world?

I don't remember where they found themselves after escaping Hell, but Hitler ditched Eugene and took off running. So they're split up now--allowing the writers to conveniently stretch the story out.

Edited by WritinMan
  • Love 1

Now that "The Terror" is going to become a series -- "a different mystery every season" -- and this is turning into a freakshow, I feel like every series I watch is becoming American Horror Story (which I also watch.)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I still don't believe that Jesse killed the psychic's brother it just seemed like he passed out. 

I got the feeling he was killed when Jesse felt his neck pulse in the flashback. But, since it's this show, I could also see the brother coming back as one of the fighters in a surprise reveal. 

• Love 1

Another great show, I loved the musak in the lift on the way down to see Big Red, seems like another great character.

People are saying Hitler and A Face are the Saint’s targets, but how could they be holding up Red’s expansion plans?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

People are saying Hitler and A Face are the Saint’s targets, but how could they be holding up Red’s expansion plans?

He talked about how his plans depend on his reputation, and having escapees besmirches that.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

He talked about how his plans depend on his reputation, and having escapees besmirches that.

Ah, I must have missed that, although not the most compelling reason for a special mission, it seems they needed a reason to get The  Saint back in the show without him being on Jesse’s trail, it does offer some fun and games watching him track Eugene and Adolph down, although how hard a time Eugene could give him one can only wonder.

• Love 2

Big Red is on the phone to someone on ‘your side’ and ends the chat with “thrice blessed allfather”, having no knowledge of such things, does that mean anything in particular and who or what is the allfather?

Its the little touches I find funny, as I said the lift music, Satan saying bye bye on the phone and using an A4 folder!

I can’t understand the viewing figures for this show, it should be storming ahead, putting Cassidy in pieces in a box? C’mon people how funny do you want things to get?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Big Red is on the phone to someone on ‘your side’ and ends the chat with “thrice blessed allfather”, having no knowledge of such things, does that mean anything in particular and who or what is the allfather?

Spoiler

The Allfather is the head of Starr's organization. He's a very important character in the comics. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Another great show, I loved the musak in the lift on the way down to see Big Red, seems like another great character.

Last season Hitler and AF were in the midst of an escape. We have not seen them all season. They are obviously walking amongst mankind. So, next Sunday we will find out what they have been getting into on earth that is disrupting the devil's expansion plans. 

(edited)

Angelville: come for the Tombs Fights, stay because you got killed in such a godforsaken place!

Anybody else think of Adult Swim's Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell seeing Satan with the Saint of Killers? Looks like he's going to make up for last season by hunting down Eugene and Adolf. "The whipping, I could handle. Being relegated to hunting down the comic relief? That will suck so hard."

No rhyming with "dog" this week? ?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Anybody else think of Adult Swim's Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell seeing Satan with the Saint of Killers?

No, but I am now. His assistant definitely needs a hellishly uncomfortable yellow polyester polo shirt with the ")(ELL" logo on the front.

(edited)

No rhyming with "dog" this week? ?

God did have a literal drive by on the Hog when Tulip was tooling around trying to decide what to do. I wonder who the gal is--Gabriel, maybe? Perhaps they'll snog!

Man, I love how much it takes for Jesse to get across to just one of these dumblechucks how fucking dangerous it is there! It's like alcoholics who lose everything but refuse to see the chain of bad decisions that landed them in the gutter--they keep seeing each fuckup as a discrete, separate thing that isn't part of something larger and continually worsening. Tulip blames her family curse, and Cassidy is way too used to literally putting his pieces back together and going on his merry way. Even when Jesse chopped him into bits with a machete and tried to mail him he doesn't get the damn hint! (Also, Jesse; pack up the cursing vampire first, THAN get the FroYos. Those things would have been puddles.) 

Of course, Cassidy's big reason for not leaving is his Heart-On for Tulip and thank God, wherever He is, that he didn't use that spray. Not only would that be the unforgivable line-cross, who knows what kind of twisted shit is actually in that bottle? People don't come wailing and pounding on the doors of Marie's house demanding to be let out of their bargains because everything works out peachy-keen, right? So that bottle of MacGuffin's still waiting for deployment later.

Tulip proving to the Boyds that, in fact, they have never met anybody remotely like her was delightful! And poor Sabina--cute as two buttons, she coulda done a lot better than Jesse, who was frankly a bit of a dorkus back in his puberty days. The show goes to great lengths to display that Jesse's worst acts are done to actually protect those he loves best, but he sure leaves hella damage along the route.

(Tulip just suddenly remembering that she's got her locked in the trunk, and Sabina calmly texting in there, was great. Plus, Tulip ONCE AGAIN demonstrates that she will blow right on by warnings when she's all nope, not doing any kinda boomerang on Jesse stuff and Sabina's calm "Nothing'll happen to Jesse." No. Not to Jesse. 

The Saint and Satan was a nice little plot strecher-outer; the actor in the ludicrous foam suit seemed so familiar but obviously with those prosthetics I couldn't place him. Who was that? 

Query: what was up with that beer bottle Cassidy kept focusing on during his fights? They kept showing it and nothing happened with it.

Edited by Snookums
  • Love 2
On 7/15/2018 at 11:04 PM, AimingforYoko said:

I'm so happy Cass did not use the potion on Tulip

Cassidy would definitely get in trouble with the #MeToo movement using a love potion like that.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Snookums said:

Query: what was up with that beer bottle Cassidy kept focusing on during his fights? They kept showing it and nothing happened with it.

I believe that was the bottle of love potion. I did not see him pick it up, but he did have it later.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Snookums said:

The Saint and Satan was a nice little plot strecher-outer; the actor in the ludicrous foam suit seemed so familiar but obviously with those prosthetics I couldn't place him. Who was that? 

Satan is played by Jason Douglas. He was Tobin on Walking Dead for the past few seasons (whenever they arrived at Alexandria). I also think he played a detective in Breaking Bad.

• Love 1
(edited)

I believe that was the bottle of love potion. I did not see him pick it up, but he did have it later.

Was it? I could have sworn that bottle had a spray cap and the one he was looking at looked like a regular beer bottle. I'll have to go back and check.

Satan is played by Jason Douglas. He was Tobin on Walking Dead for the past few seasons (whenever they arrived at Alexandria). I also think he played a detective in Breaking Bad.

Heh, I just Googled him and apparently he's the voice actor for Beerus on the English version of Dragonball Z! No wonder he sounded so familiar.

Edited by Snookums
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2018 at 9:43 PM, tennisgurl said:

Jessie really had a fucked up life, didnt he? At least Tulip saw through his tendency to push people away in an attempt to protect them, instead of just being honest. Of course, you kind of have to go to extremes with Cassidy to make a point.

To be a little fair, it's not like Jessie had much time alone with her to plan anything or tip her off. He's been flying on the seat of his pants since getting her back alive. And she's been gone for a bunch of time too. He did have the quick thinking to open the tombs again instead of letting Cassidy be burnt up. He was trying. 

On 7/15/2018 at 10:20 PM, Sandman87 said:

Nor do I think it's just going to be an off switch and the spell is done either. 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:36 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Starr mentioned the Allfather last time he and Jessie were talking. I perked right up when I heard it on the phone. If Starr is working with downstairs, there's no way the boss there nor Starr is going to give Jessie full control of the voice on his own. 

On 7/16/2018 at 6:32 PM, WalkerTalker said:

They are obviously walking amongst mankind.

The credits show a Hitler nametag, so I think we can take it that they're definitely out there. I can't imagine how Hitler is adjusting. Though in this political climate.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, rmontro said:

Cassidy would definitely get in trouble with the #MeToo movement using a love potion like that.

Somehow, I doubt that would trouble him much.

11 hours ago, Snookums said:

Heh, I just Googled him and apparently he's the voice actor for Beerus on the English version of Dragonball Z! No wonder he sounded so familiar.

I went back and watched his scenes again, and I could only hear Beerus a few times. Which just means he's got acting range. Now I expect him to demand tasty food in exchange for not destroying the planet.

• Love 1

This series has a lot of rich background to mine, from heaven and hell to the Saint of Killers, Arseface, Herr Starr, Angelville, God, the devil, the main protagonists,  Just the adventures of Hitler in 2018 America could fill a TV show on its own.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ganesh said:

The credits show a Hitler nametag, so I think we can take it that they're definitely out there. I can't imagine how Hitler is adjusting. Though in this political climate.

H is working in a coffee shop, using the name ‘Hilter’, should be hilarious.

• Love 2
On 7/16/2018 at 12:20 AM, Sandman87 said:

On 7/16/2018 at 1:16 AM, AnimeMania said:

I thought Jesse got the box from the shipping/mailing place. I think Cassidy was in several plastic bags dumped in the back of the truck.

Yes. I dont know how he got them in there without Jody noticing, much less how Jody and T.C. didn't hear Cassidy's screams as Jesse dismembered him.

On 7/17/2018 at 11:07 AM, AnimeMania said:

I wonder what Cassidy had to promise in return for Madame L'Angelle to give him the Love Potion?

I think she just wants to get rid of Tulip.  She's a distraction.  She also must know that if she killed Tulip, she'd have to kill Jesse since he would immediately go after her, so Tulip "choosing" to take off with Cassidy would be a better solution. 

17 hours ago, ganesh said:
On 7/16/2018 at 12:20 AM, Sandman87 said:

Nor do I think it's just going to be an off switch and the spell is done.

On 7/17/2018 at 2:43 AM, Snookums said:

Plus, Tulip ONCE AGAIN demonstrates that she will blow right on by warnings when she's all nope, not doing any kinda boomerang on Jesse stuff and Sabina's calm "Nothing'll happen to Jesse." No. Not to Jesse. 

Agreed. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ganesh said:

The nametag actually says Hilter.

8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

H is working in a coffee shop, using the name ‘Hilter’. . . .

Yes, it's Hilter. 

• Love 1
On 7/17/2018 at 11:27 AM, Bruinsfan said:

Presumably he still has a soul that she can get part of?

If Cassidy used his soul, I wonder if he would be willing to leave it there, since everybody else seems to be willing to do anything to get their's back. Would the Angelville crew just allow Cassidy to leave.

Expect a hitlerious arsefarce to ensue next episode.

• Love 2

What's the value in Grandma having a piece of his soul though? She's got Jesse's blood so she can effectively control him and put him to work. Jessie needed to give up his piece to put the Saint down. 

She's clearly not going to give him the potion without exacting a price. Unless he turned her into a vampire, and she's effectively impossible to kill, putting Ruby's plan at risk. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Unless he turned her into a vampire, and she's effectively impossible to kill, putting Ruby's plan at risk. 

An interesting idea. She'd have to hide it from her hired hands, since they kill vampires.

• Love 1

Have to admit to being disappointed with the Satan character. Seemed to be borrowing from other tv/film incarnations. And the costume was bad. Seriously bad. Can't believe they couldn't/didn't spring for actual hide instead of using that cheesy polyester crap on his bottom half. And if you watch again, pay attention to Satan's wrist areas. As said, just bad.

Also, based on the size of the betting crowd in the Tombs, can't see it bringing in a whole lot of money. Maybe if it was being broadcast on the Dark Web or something, but otherwise...small potatoes.

Looking forward to seeing Hitler and Eugene again.

• Love 1

Bad get ups for the god, angels, devil, etc., seems to be a deliberate narrative choice for the show though. God's beard was similarly fake and cheesy. 

The Tombs just opened so I wouldn't expect it to be packed since word of mouth hasn't traveled far yet. The other guy suggested Jesse open them up again to drum up business. They showed it was fairly packed in the flashbacks. 

The show doesn't really move to fast so I wouldn't have expected it to be thunderdome yet. 

• Love 2

TBH, I'm bored of this.  I'm sick of Angelville (didn't it blow up in Series One?) and I'm sick of the pearl clutching "angst" (ugh, I don't feel it) between this threesome.  Evil Jesse, clueless Tulip, and Besotted Irish just can't carry it for me.  (I just ignore the two-dimensional flat performances by the brothers.)

I'm still watching but, please, let there be some forward plot motion in the next episode?  

• Love 1

Yes. I dont know how he got them in there without Jody noticing, much less how Jody and T.C. didn't hear Cassidy's screams as Jesse dismembered him.

Jesse actually chopped him up in the Tombs, with TC and Jody watching, so they'd think Cassidy was dead. Then he somehow got the bags of Cassidy on Jody's truck, and when they went to the Nothing But Kegs store, Jody went in to get beer. Jesse took the bags over to the FroYo/mailbox store and packed Cassidy up.

33 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Jesse actually chopped him up in the Tombs, with TC and Jody watching, so they'd think Cassidy was dead. Then he somehow got the bags of Cassidy on Jody's truck, and when they went to the Nothing But Kegs store, Jody went in to get beer. Jesse took the bags over to the FroYo/mailbox store and packed Cassidy up.

I don't think that's quite what happened. Jody was holding Cassidy's hand, and Jesse said Cassidy must have chopped it off in order to escape. They weren't watching him when he chopped Cassidy up. Then when Cassidy shows up, he's still missing his hand, so he duct taped a weapon to his arm instead. LOL

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:
8 hours ago, Snookums said:

I don't think that's quite what happened. Jody was holding Cassidy's hand, and Jesse said Cassidy must have chopped it off in order to escape. They weren't watching him when he chopped Cassidy up. Then when Cassidy shows up, he's still missing his hand, so he duct taped a weapon to his arm instead. LOL

TC and Jody would't want Cassidy to be chopped up.  He's their new champion and was supposed to fight Jody when the games resumed in an hour. (The wall had "Vamp vs Jody" scrawled on it.) However, Jesse told T.C. to bring Cassidy blood, so it's strange that T.C. didn't notice that Cassidy was gone until Jody and Jesse had returned.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandman87 said:

That was Annville over in Texas, not Angelville.

And that just rekindles memories of Odin Quincannon, that seriously creepy, weird looking, skin crawling owner of Quincannon meat and power, he was seriously freaky although I’m sure Mrs Quincannon saw something in him Lol

• Love 4