Type keyword(s) to search

Wrecked Season 3 All Episode Discussion

6 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

I get this feeling Steve isn't really dead and somehow he plugs the hole in his body that the arrow made with his "chest" piece and it stops the bleeding.  I'm really disappointed that next week's episode finally has Chet and he looks to be no help to the team. 

Good thinking. I would've forgotten about the chest piece but that's something funny to dwell on. I usually don't try and overthink a show like this but that little joke is pretty good. Hope you're right.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, meep.meep said:

Loved the parts with Declan and his guys in the lodge watching.

These were good scenes. Declan being so upset that Steve got taken out, and all the guys complaining how it ended on a cliff hanger was gold.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

Last week , Todd told the group to shut up and let him slap his wife. This week, Owen hits Karen and says, "And that is how you hit a girl." Horrible, but so funny. I loved how Owen felt dirty after saying that.

I think I laughed more when Karen hit Flo and Flo said something about it being her good boob..or something like that.

Kind of a disappointing episode considering the movement of the plot. Just goes to show the best characters on the show are Steve, Karen, Owen, Danny and Flo. An episode centered around Pack and Jess just isn't very interesting. I guess Todd's spiritual journey was kind of funny but also felt like a waste of time in a way. Chet's just crazy. Anyone notice Pack kept saying his name was Chad? Boy his hair sure has grown since the end of last season. It's only supposed to have been a few days, LOL. I forgot Bruce was even a character. 

• Love 3

I liked seeing Bruce again and a nod to his friendship with Pack. Chet is usually mellow, but maybe being left for dead and not having anything to smoke in a while has made him go crazy.

Todd's spiritual journey was fun too. Hopefully, we'll see some actual growth from him now. But I do have to say that him punching the kid was kind of hilarious. It's such a Todd thing to do.

• Love 3

I just started watching this show for the last couple of episodes.  And I'm confused.  It's obviously a comedy, but the violence seems real.  I mean, Keith got a knife jammed into the top of his head.  Even if the show glosses over stuff like getting ninja stars thrown into your chest or thinking a small, home style first aid kit would save Karen from a arrow in the gut, getting a knife jammed into ones head feels kind of serious.  lol.  I think I'm along for the ride, but I'm still not sure what to think about it all.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Frost said:

I just started watching this show for the last couple of episodes.  And I'm confused.  It's obviously a comedy, but the violence seems real.  I mean, Keith got a knife jammed into the top of his head.  Even if the show glosses over stuff like getting ninja stars thrown into your chest or thinking a small, home style first aid kit would save Karen from a arrow in the gut, getting a knife jammed into ones head feels kind of serious.  lol.  I think I'm along for the ride, but I'm still not sure what to think about it all.

Definitely check out the earlier seasons too. The first episode of the series is particularly brutal towards one character.

To be honest I only vaguely remembered who Keith was but to see him unceremoniously killed like that was kind of shocking. It's like they borrowed a moment from The Walking Dead. But I did get a big kick out of Danny and Owen trying to get him to bring the first aid kit to them while he kept looking back at them and giving them a "thumbs-up." 

Spoiler

way to spoil that Steve survived in the promo spot, TBS. Although I kinda figured he did.

• Love 4

I cannot believe the finale is coming up already!!!  I love this show!  It is the only comedy show on teevee that makes me actually laugh out loud with the crap that is totally off the wall.  I think that's what makes it so funny - the outlandishness of it all.  They don't even try or pretend to be to be reasonable adults. - it is a 20-minute gag reel.   When Jess was swapping spit with Todd, I cracked up.  I cracked up even more when he said something on the order of too much tongue!

Who wants to watch a comedy show about a family that breaking up, or has racial tension, or tries to bring the mess that's happening in our country into the scripts.  That's not fun to me - that's life.  I watch a show like Wrecked to escape life.

I liked People of Earth for the same reason.  It was wildly outside the norm.  But it's cancelled.  I sure hope Wrecked sticks around for a while.

Edited by Evagirl
typo
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I cannot believe the finale is coming up already!!!  I love this show!  It is the only comedy show on teevee that makes me actually laugh out loud with the crap that is totally off the wall.  I think that's what makes it so funny - the outlandishness of it all.  They don't even try or pretend to be to be reasonable adults. - it is a 20-minute gag reel.   When Jess was swapping spit with Todd, I cracked up.  I cracked up even more when he said something on the order of too much tongue!

Who wants to watch a comedy show about a family that breaking up, or has racial tension, or tries to bring the mess that's happening in our country into the scripts.  That's not fun to me - that's life.  I watch a show like Wrecked to escape life.

I liked People of Earth for the same reason.  It was wildly outside the norm.  But it's cancelled.  I sure hope Wrecked sticks around for a while.

Check out Trial & Error. It's currently cancelled, but the first two seasons are hilarious. Very off the wall, but the plot still works.

Come to think about it. I'm surprised that Wrecked is still on the air. Most of the comedy shows that I watch tend to get cancelled.

• Love 3
On 9/29/2018 at 9:08 AM, CheezyXpressed said:

Check out Trial & Error. It's currently cancelled, but the first two seasons are hilarious. Very off the wall, but the plot still works.

Come to think about it. I'm surprised that Wrecked is still on the air. Most of the comedy shows that I watch tend to get cancelled.

Thanks for the heads up re: Trial & Error.  I searched for it On Demand and they're only showing S2.  I watched a little bit of it and it really is hilarious.  But I want to try to find S1 in its entirety (free of course) before delving into S2.  It's my kind of "teevee" - LOL.

I LOVE the Kevin character, and the actor who plays him.  He is hysterical!  He's the same actor who delivered Chinese food to Melissa McCarthy in Ghostbusters and his scenes are equally as funny.  

OK, I guess I'm twisted enough to enjoy this!  Accidentally dragging Martha to death behind the 4 wheeler was funny!!! Sick....but funny!  

What happened to the rest of the 'tribal' castaways?  I didn't think they all died, but none of them were at the house at the end.  Are they still hiding in the jungle?

I wanted Florence's quip in response to not shooting the bad guy because she's a vegan to be "I'm not going to eat you"  BAM!!!  I loved everybody's response to the brutal killings.  Proud and squicked out at the same time.  I've taken several self defense courses over the years and they always tell you to go after the eyes.  Declenn deserved it, but the idea of gouging somebody's eye out it just so grotesque.  I don't know if I could do it on purpose.

I think the elaborate booby trapped room where the guy died on the very first obstacle (slipping on the marbles) was my favorite.

• Love 2

I can't believe this show made it for three seasons, but I'm glad it did.  I think this one was the best of them all.  It's dark, it's goofy...what's not to like?  I hope it gets renewed again.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Frost said:

I think the elaborate booby trapped room where the guy died on the very first obstacle (slipping on the marbles) was my favorite.

That was a good one, but my favorite was "I'm a hypocrite, bitch", followed by "ewwwwwwww, fuck it's in my mouth, look at his fricking head!"

I can't believe how much I like this show, fingers crossed for another season.

• Love 2

I'm all in for a molotodd cocktail. But what drove me crazy was when Jess and Todd knocked that guy out in the forest then didn't take his gun! I was yelling at them thru the TV. Also, I totally saw the chess piece thing coming and still howled with pain when it happened. Ouch.

Yeah . . . I'm a little nervous this show might not get renewed. It had already been renewed before the season finale the last 2 years but they didn't say anything about "more episodes to come" after this one ended like they did for the past 2 seasons. What a terrible cliff-hanger to leave us on. 

• Love 5

Martha dying was hilarious and then finding out that she was Declan's wife. LOL I so expected Steve, ah I mean Stewart, to show up when Florence told everyone to look.

At the end, I was wondering what would happen with Chet so I'm glad that he's still alive somewhere. Hopefully we get another season, this one was just as fun as the previous ones. I just don't know what they'll end up spoofing though.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:34 PM, Evagirl said:

Thanks for the heads up re: Trial & Error.  I searched for it On Demand and they're only showing S2.  I watched a little bit of it and it really is hilarious.  But I want to try to find S1 in its entirety (free of course) before delving into S2.  It's my kind of "teevee" - LOL.

While the second season aired a few months back, NBC pretty much scrubbed all traces of the first season. A  shame too, because the first season is better than the second.

Another fun show, that was also cancelled, is Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23. And a weird one that ended up growing on me only to wind up cancelled is Son of Zorn.

...I really need to stop getting attached to comedies. Hopefully Wrecked doesn't wind up getting cancelled too.

• Love 1

While the second season aired a few months back, NBC pretty much scrubbed all traces of the first season. A  shame too, because the first season is better than the second.

{off topic: you can find both seasons of Trial and Error on NBC's app.)

My VCR cut off right after Danny got the generator going ("I just can't picture a young James Earl Jones!" "Neither can I!"  "Tom Cruze?" "Dead -- he does his own stunts.").  What came next?

3 hours ago, jhlipton said:

My VCR cut off right after Danny got the generator going ("I just can't picture a young James Earl Jones!" "Neither can I!"  "Tom Cruze?" "Dead -- he does his own stunts.").  What came next?

Danny then asked about Michael Jackson. Owen was all agog and saying, he's dead, for over 10 years now and he couldn't believe that Danny didn't know. Danny was like, "You would think something like that would be big in the news" and Owen's response was that it was ALL over the news, and then mentioned how he was even accused of being a pedophile. Danny just stood dumb founded for awhile. Owen then used the radio sending out 2 Mayday messages and just about when he was going to shut it off there was a response. I really reminded me of Will Smith in I am Legend in how that scene played out.

The whole booby trap room was Danny setting up the Home Alone booby traps, so I laughed when the guy died on just the marbles. I love Flo, her reactions both episodes were gold.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Love 3

I think the one Todd set on fire was the bald guy (Peabody) who knew Danny. Danny and Owen killed the Asian guy (Errol) with the marbles, and Karen killed the big guy (Brewster). Steve, of course, killed Declan, and Martha got dragged to death. Which one am I forgetting? I think that's it. Maybe you're thinking of Brewster because he got conked on the head in the woods by Jess but wasn't actually killed at that point, he showed up again at the house.

I thought Florence and Jess killed the bald guy...wasn't he the one that Flo shot in the face?  It didn't seem like we really got a good look at the one that Todd killed...

Maybe Todd killed the helicopter pilot?  There seemed more than four people in the group of gunmen in the first episode.  Worth it just for "molotodd cocktail!"

I loved everyone doing their best Steve imitations.

The great thing about this show is that it sticks to its lane, doesn't take anything too seriously, and is not afraid to mix the gross with the funny.

Florence and Jess killed the bald guy. Danny and Owen took out the short one. Karen and Pack handled the cowboy hat and Steve took out Declan. I think the one Todd set on fire was just another staff member or part of security. Or maybe he was Declan and Martha's son, who just wanted to try out something his parents loved and ended up getting torched in the process.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:50 PM, iMonrey said:

{off topic: you can find both seasons of Trial and Error on NBC's app.)

Thanks so much. I just downloaded that app last night to watch This Is Us Behind the Scenes.  I'm on it!

I'm glad Pack finally "manned up".  He was a total wus.  His cowardice was kinda working my nerves after a while.

I'm really into this show. Hope it goes a few more seasons.  It's the only show that makes me laugh really hard.  That slapstick, over the top comedy is so rare.  The comedy show on the big 3 all try to have a message or something.  Usually cussing and vulgar language are turn off for me in comedies, but the writing is so good on this show that even the profanity is funny.  There are times I just want to laugh and not think, this show does that for me.

17 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Danny then asked about Michael Jackson. Owen was all agog and saying, he's dead, for over 10 years now and he couldn't believe that Danny didn't know. Danny was like, "You would think something like that would be big in the news" and Owen's response was that it was ALL over the news, and then mentioned how he was even accused of being a pedophile. Danny just stood dumb founded for awhile. Owen then used the radio sending out 2 Mayday messages and just about when he was going to shut it off there was a response. I really reminded me of Will Smith in I am Legend in how that scene played out.

Thanks!

I'm glad Pack finally "manned up".  He was a total wus.  His cowardice was kinda working my nerves after a while.

Yeah it was funny up until he was in a position to help Todd take down Martha simply by jumping down off the wall on top of her. I'm all for self-preservation but they could have easily had the upper hand there.