Type keyword(s) to search

Wrecked Season 3 All Episode Discussion

I love this show. It’s so nonsensical. Parts I found particularly funny were: Steve holding on to his best friend’s hand; Jess’s look after Todd did the “Knock in wood” on his penis and Florence getting mad at Owen for Danny’s dream. 

Edited by Whimsy
ETA: fix typos made by posting on my phone
  • Love 6

This is a fun show.  Last night’s episode went by quickly!  Loved the bit with the land mine and Danny’s “knowledge” about how to diffuse it ... what wire to cut, and they’re all the same color?!?!?

• Love 4

This show is so silly. But I only care about whether it makes me laugh, and it succeeds at that. So many bits that I liked, but the one I'll mention is the whole bush pants segment. I rewatched Steve's explanation a few times.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, redpencil said:

This show is so silly. But I only care about whether it makes me laugh, and it succeeds at that. So many bits that I liked, but the one I'll mention is the whole bush pants segment. I rewatched Steve's explanation a few times.

I agree!  I don't remember the exact quote but something like "There pants, and then two bushes and then you remove the pants and put the bushes where the pants were.  Bush pants!"  Hahahaha.

• Love 2

Why would climbing a tree help when you're being chased by a gorilla? Don't gorilla's climb trees? Anyway . . . glad this show is back. It's so long between seasons I had a tough time remembering what all went down last season. I don't remember who Steve found chained up down in the boiler room, and that's who blew up right? 

So it looks like the season will be about these crazy guys who hunt down people for sport.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Why would climbing a tree help when you're being chased by a gorilla? Don't gorilla's climb trees? Anyway . . . glad this show is back. It's so long between seasons I had a tough time remembering what all went down last season. I don't remember who Steve found chained up down in the boiler room, and that's who blew up right? 

So it looks like the season will be about these crazy guys who hunt down people for sport.

I think the guy Steve found chained up in the boiler room was Luther and yes he’s the one who blew up on the beach.  

When the episode was over I was hoping they’d show another one right after it even though I was certain there was only one episode.  Looking forward to next week. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

12 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

I think the guy Steve found chained up in the boiler room was Luther and yes he’s the one who blew up on the beach.  

When the episode was over I was hoping they’d show another one right after it even though I was certain there was only one episode.  Looking forward to next week. 

Yes, Luther his brother from another mother, played by the great Jemaine Clement. 

• Love 2

I love this show!!  I'm going to miss all of the people even though we still have the main characters.  I think Florence is hysterical!!  Karen- omg!  She's a howl!  Steve's "bush pants" was gold!  I'm not sure I'm going to like people trying to kill our castaways! 

• Love 1

The guy playing Declan is just fantastic! It's the sort of OTT role that usually works my last nerve but I'm really enjoying him and everything about this season. They're doing a great job keeping it fresh.

• Love 3

Bwah! This season is shaping up to be the best yet. I thought the first season was kind of hit-or-miss and the second season was stronger - so the trajectory is definitely upwards. I can't believe I didn't notice Chet was missing! And I guess now we can put an end to any speculation about Emma ever coming back! 

I loved how aggravated Florence and Jess were that nobody would listen to them and that Todd and Pack got credit for finding the mounted heads. Like, they had time to grump about that despite their predicament. And I loved when the housekeeper was clapping at them like dogs to "come." And then Jess actually started to walk forward and was all confused: "she's clapping so hard!" 

• Love 7

I didn’t realize Chet was missing until the end either.  I’m wondering if he knows what’s up and is able to save everyone in the end.  

I’m just wondering, if they’re able to turn the tables on this guy Declan and eliminate him, would they all stay on the island or would they go back to their lives?  Most of them (except Jessica and Florence) looked like they really liked it there.  

• Love 1

I suspect that ultimately, they will escape and wind up on some other island, or they'll manage to kill Declan (maybe he'll get blown up by one of his own land mines) and then they'll just be stranded on this island. Of course, then they'd have his computer room at their disposal and, presumably, a way of contacting the outside world, which we know can't happen until the show ends.

I do like the streamlined cast but it's missing the Lost connection without all the background extras and recurring characters like Diane from Toledo, Corey and Turdhole. 

• Love 1

I didn't notice Chet was missing until like the last five minutes, and assumed it was going to be just an especially conspicuous instance of an actor not being in an episode due to number of contracted episodes. So I was pleasantly surprised when it was actually a plot point at the end (though probably also due to contracted episodes). I wonder when/how he disappeared.

I think one of my favorite little things in this episode was when Karen said the first thing she wanted to do was check her work email, and everyone else was like, "ooh, yeah, work email!" LOL.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, redpencil said:

I think one of my favorite little things in this episode was when Karen said the first thing she wanted to do was check her work email, and everyone else was like, "ooh, yeah, work email!" LOL.

After I heard that I’m wondering how much time has passed for them.   I guess it’s not long enough for them to be given up for dead.  Could you image, you sent an email to a coworker who is in vacation then they respond with “help, my plane crashed and I’m on this rich guy’s island”? Or something to that effect.  

I don't know where they are or if they're still on the island, but that was some time ago, since the dude they were chasing saw the plane crashing. But Steve did see someone wearing bush pants, so there must still be other "hunters" around somewhere.

• Love 1

I don't know where they are or if they're still on the island, but that was some time ago, since the dude they were chasing saw the plane crashing. But Steve did see someone wearing bush pants, so there must still be other "hunters" around somewhere.

Interesting point, but when exactly did the plane crash? In-show, I think it's only been about a month or so, if that. Maybe we'll find out that Declan invites his friends to the island for his various hunts.

They weren't on Declan 's wall, we're they?

Oh . . . I bet you're right. That's where I was confused because those two hunters were chasing that one guy but apparently what Declan wants is for everyone to hunt each other so it must have been some similar situation. I wonder what the winner gets.

"What's a sort of douchebaggy, desert-trashy sort of name?" "Todd?" LOLOLOL...Ahahahaha!

OMG that cracked me up so hard. The douchiest name they could think of was his actual name. This show is firing on cylinders this season. Karen used to just kind of annoy me but she was rocking it in this last episode. The way she head-butted Martha was awesome and hysterical. 

• Love 7

I really enjoyed seeing Pack and Karen interact. Pack was kind of pathetic, but is imagine he doesn't want to go hungry again and be forced to eat someone else, so his actions made sense. He did come back for her too.

When the rich guys named Karen six feet under, I knew that Karen would do something amazing. 

it's kind of funny how this she's plot, despite being silly, has been consistent from the beginning. This, and Trial & Error, seem to have less plot holes than most shows.

Ps. I forgot to mention it before, but I loved Danny's dream of the future way back in episode one. Owen naming his kids after Danny and Florence off in the corner with her loser boyfriend was funny to watch.

• Love 1

No Chet yet ... wasn’t Martha supposed to find him?  I think he’ll turn up in the last episode or two.

The actor who plays Chet - George Basil - is also on an HBO show called Crashing. I don't know if the filming schedules of the 2 shows are conflicting or not but Chet was never on every week. Don't know if it's about money or scheduling or if it's just that the character was always meant to be recurring. 

IMO, this is the funniest show on TV.  Well...it's the only one that makes me actually LOL several times in 30 minutes!  The absolute craziness is what makes it so funny, and the writing ain't too shabby either.

I'm liking the trend where they move from island to island each season.  It keeps it from getting to "Gilligan Island-ish".

The maid is hysterical.  I knew they wouldn't be able to hold on to her.  Logic would have said to find something to tie her up with before Karen and Pack left.  But this show isn't logical.  That's the beauty of this kind of humor.

• Love 2

I'm liking the trend where they move from island to island each season.  It keeps it from getting to "Gilligan Island-ish".

And they had pretty much exhausted the "Lost" parody by the end of the first season. It's interesting how the show has managed to morph into something different every season, like how it's more or less a Hunger Games parody now. But I do think the writing has improved over Season 1 when they were sort of trying to find their footing. I definitely think it's gotten better as it went along.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, Evagirl said:

Logic would have said to find something to tie her up with before Karen and Pack left.  But this show isn't logical.  That's the beauty of this kind of humor.

Yes, this.  They could have taken a shirt off and tied her to the bars with it.  So dumb.  But then again, this show is so smart and funny, so I'll allow it.

• Love 1

I didn't think this week's episode was as strong as last week's but I did get a kick out of Declan's frustration with Steve, and the end where everyone is yelling at him for being so dumb because all he stole was the bishop from the chess set. The whole bit with Jess's amnesia just didn't really land with me. And I can see where they're going with her and Pack - we don't need that either.

• Love 3

Re: where we think they’re going with Pack and Jess, I agree we don’t need that.   

I thought this was going to be watching them work together to defeat Declan and all we’re seeing so far is them trapped in a cage trying to fix Jess and Todd’s problem.  

While Steve was with Declan we see him look at the radio in the corner - he couldn’t figure out a way to knock the guy out and call for help?

If it was Owen instead would the ability to play chess have even mattered?

Overall I hope next week’s episode is better than this.  

• Love 1

Did the shocks scramble Steve’s brain, too?  I thought he was at least a little smarter than that.  In fact I thought he was playing Declan by pretending not to know what chess was.

Agreed about Jess and Todd and Pack.

This season is starting to feel very much like the budget was drastically cut for the show. Not only have they pared the cast down to just a core group and eliminated the extras but this is the second episode where they were all just stuck in the cage arguing about petty shit. I did crack up at their inability to agree on a final meal but this was a very limiting bottle episode. 

• Love 2

It's been five episodes and they're still in the cage, but at least they're out now. I wonder if Chet will find them or if he's off sunbathing somewhere. Steve is still amazing (Oh, Steve is just weird. Steve is just a murderer LOL) and Karen will probably win if they actually start fighting each other.

The Todd, Peck and Jess is a bit much, but at the same time I kind of loved how Jess was flirting with Peck and he didn't notice it at all. His answers about LA were so blase about it, but Jess was eating everything up.  And seeing Todd's name on his jersey will never not be funny.

I'm with Owen about living in a van. If he's traveling all over the world, then it makes sense to live in a van. It's not like he's homeless, he has a home and he has a ton of money since he isn't spending much of it. The Obama bin Laden thing was a bit much though. I foresee Owen and her working on it though, they're both extreme. Florence on the outside, while Owen is the same on the inside but hides it in his leadership chess skills.

• Love 3

I didn’t like all the fighting in this episode but I guess the choose your last meal thing was a pretty effective method to pit them against each other before they are let out of the cage.  Given we’re half way through there will a somewhat quick wrap up.  I hope it’s funny and not a lot Of the same stuff we’ve seen the last couple of episodes.  I’m guessing Chet will somehow come to the rescue.  

• Love 1
On 9/5/2018 at 11:27 AM, iMonrey said:

This season is starting to feel very much like the budget was drastically cut for the show. Not only have they pared the cast down to just a core group and eliminated the extras but this is the second episode where they were all just stuck in the cage arguing about petty shit. I did crack up at their inability to agree on a final meal but this was a very limiting bottle episode. 

Especially when the season started out strong. The first few episodes where they found out early who/what this guy and his island were all about. Danny maybe playing the double agent as the only 1%er in the group, and I thought Karen and Peck were going to escape and be hidden trying to help the others from the outside ( guess that what they are doing with Chet), and as you said the last 2 episodes they were all just in a cage arguing. There were a few funny lines and bits, but I could have done without Florence and Owen going at it about things like voting/taxes. Hopefully the next few pick up the pace now that they are in the "Hunger Games".

I get this feeling Steve isn't really dead and somehow he plugs the hole in his body that the arrow made with his "chest" piece and it stops the bleeding.  I'm really disappointed that next week's episode finally has Chet and he looks to be no help to the team. 

• Love 2

This was a definite improvement over the last two episodes IMO. I have to believe that ultimately the whole group will come together to beat Declan and the other hunters. Steven and Karen going at each other only to wind up screwing, Danny projecting his abandonment issues onto Owen and Florence . . . at the end of the day I don't think they're going to be able to kill each other. I loved how mad the hunters were when the episode ended on a literal cliff-hanger.

When Karen and Steve realized other people were in the barn, the camera cut to her looking up and she was apparently on top of and behind Steve. Like . . . how does that work? No wait, don't tell me. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

When Karen and Steve realized other people were in the barn, the camera cut to her looking up and she was apparently on top of and behind Steve. Like . . . how does that work? No wait, don't tell me. 

I wasn't even listening to Danny, Owen and Florence working it out behind the crates. The things Karen and Steve were saying in the background while going at it were hilarious. I really want Karen to turn out to be an International Spy of Fame, with all her mad fighting/loving/killing skills.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

This was a definite improvement over the last two episodes IMO. I have to believe that ultimately the whole group will come together to beat Declan and the other hunters. Steven and Karen going at each other only to wind up screwing, Danny projecting his abandonment issues onto Owen and Florence . . . at the end of the day I don't think they're going to be able to kill each other. I loved how mad the hunters were when the episode ended on a literal cliff-hanger.

Loved the parts with Declan and his guys in the lodge watching.

As to your other inquiry, when Karen kicked him, Steve whimpered out something about his extra large penis.  One can only speculate.  The pirate queen didn't seem to have any complaints.

• Love 2

Last week , Todd told the group to shut up and let him slap his wife. This week, Owen hits Karen and says, "And that is how you hit a girl." Horrible, but so funny. I loved how Owen felt dirty after saying that.

Steve and Karen's sex conversations was hilarious too. At one point he kept saying, "Of course." and I don't know why. I also love that out of all of the guys on the show, Steve is the one who keeps getting it in, Rhys is pretty awesome, so I get it, but Steve is kind of  weird and a murderer so...

I was hoping that we'd see what the other three were up to, but I get why they are saving that for next week.

• Love 2