Type keyword(s) to search

Very Cavallari - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I mean I’m just saying I wouldn’t buy something from uncommon James and I have lots of Lauren’s clothing. But most of my issue is that I can’t honestly take her uncommon James buisness serious. And maybe that’s because it all seems like an act. I think when/if the show stops, the store probably will too. Maybe it will go back to just being online, maybe not.

And I agree kristen has other opportunities so that’s why I also can’t take her serious here for that either because she has one foot out the door because she has other things she can do. 

But I also don’t buy that she needs Jays money. I think she has enough on her own. I think him not caring, it probably bugs her but I’m not sure it means all that Much to her in terms of

him having power over her because he has the money, like I said in another post, I’m pretty sure she has her own and can take of herself.

And I don’t think the farm/wife stuff is something she does for him, a part of me thinks she genuinely wants that as well. But I do think she wants it in her own way, if that makes sense. I think she likes despite how much she complains about Jay being home all the time, likes that he’s the stay at home parent, because this way she can do her traveling for her work  with the store and hosting opportunities and he handles things back at the house with the kids when she can’t and she can do it the other times. I think having him around more gives her a little bit of freedom that she didn’t get to have as much when he was playing football. Also please everyone before you quote me I’m not saying she’s an absent parent I’m not saying she is, I feel like I’m not explaining it well but I’m trying to say that now she gets to have her career more than before. Sorry I might not be making sense.

That said as I said before I would rather watch the scenes when she talked with her dad and even the scene with Jay. I’m not saying I need her to talk about the tragedy that happened to her family but those scenes and the one last week with her friend from laguna were so much more real than when she tries to be a boss and it makes me not like her. 

Also yeah.. maybe part of the reason why kristen has such a hard time looking like a boss to me is that she blurs the lines. The rehiring lf Kalee And then just having her show up unannounced at a party is not a great way to handle that situation, the way she talks to the people that work for her, and also.. inviting Brittany our for drinks with her and kelly was kind of weird. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, snarts said:

It's like comparing apples & peanuts, they have completely different ambitions and goals.  Lauren always wanted to be a fashion designer.  She used her fame & notoriety to help get her there. She's been successful, her line is mass produced and she seems happy in that world.

Kristin dabbles in jewelry and shoes and cookbooks, but her true love has always been the entertainment industry (still think the Nashville store is only open to support the show) which is why she does all the hosting with E! and now Fox.  I'm just spitballing here but I think her ultimate gig would be to replace Kelly Ripa/Kathy & Hoda/etc.

I personally think it's absolutely fair game to compare for as long that Kristin continues to walk around masquerading her ties to the entertainment industry via the fashion and design world.  If she isn't direct and honest about her goals then it's fair to judge and compare her with those within the industry she's building her businesses, I'm not going to avoid comparing two chefs and their quality of work just because I think one chef has a genuine passion for working in a kitchen while I think the other just wants to host a cooking competition show on the Food Network. They work in the same industry and until they don't, that comparison is fair game. Again, just my personal thoughts on the matter and I have no stake in this as I'm actually more familiar with Kristin's career overall and I actually liked her better on Laguna Hill (I seem to be in a very small minority, lol). 

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, Tatum said:

I’m sure she likes fashion- she’s always pretty well put together- but as a consumer. I think UJ is just one more outlet for her REAL brand- herself. 

Oh it definitely is. Just walk into that pathetic store and gaze at the endless shrine of enlarged pics of Kristin “modeling” plastered all over its walls, and it’s obviously just one big vanity project to promote her huge ego.

She strikes me as one of those typical bored rich housewives who gets her richer husband to buy her a business so she can walk around acting like she’s the ultimate badass lady boss; she loves to discuss how she’s sooooo busy, but gosh it makes her feel extra important to announce “I’m going to the office”, when she’s not complaining about all her incompetent workers and her endless “meetings” and how she can’t be there to constantly oversee her staff yet somehow she has time to go on random vacations and dinner dates/social outings. No one will ever understand just how hard she works, y’all!!

I sorta accidentally stumbled into a scene filming of this show several months ago, of all the surreal things. A gal-pal just joined Manbun’s gym next door to UJ and took me with her to a party there. I knew something was up when we had to get photographed and sign release forms—-I just wanted free food and booze, so whatever. Manbun, Kristin/Jay and the UJ gang were all there filming too, much to my amusement. Kristin kinda threw me a bitchy glare so I shot her back some sarcastic fingerguns like the dork I am; and she’s startlingly tiny in person. Like the size of a child almost, she’s so scary short n’ petite; I think her fake ponytail was over half her size. Jay looks just as bored with life in person. Maybe he’s on antidepressants. The rest of them were kinda swaning about like they were celebs, which only added to the hilariously douchetacular vibe. I’m hoping I didn’t make it onto that episode despite being caught by the camera quite a few times(I pretty much parked myself at the bar because: free booze).

Speaking of booze, if you want to pretend like this show is halfway interesting, take a shot every time Kristin busts out that stupid guffaw laugh throughout every episode; you’ll be hammered after 15 minutes. She does indeed start barking like a deranged seal even more when she gets around that basic bitch brunette friend of hers. I don’t even know what in the Hell is wrong with that chick, but she seems a bit special/touched after watching another painful few scenes of her this season. Maybe she and Kristin smoke a bowl before every scene films, I dunno.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12

I think I’m done with this show. I can’t watch an entire show in which every character is incompetent at their job. When Jay Freakin’ Cutler is the most motivated, hard working professional you know you have problems. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
Just now, Stan39 said:

I think I’m done with this show. I can’t watch an entire show in which every character is incompetent at their job. When Jay Freakin’ Cutler is the most motivated, hard working professional you know you have problems. 

Hey, Kristen is a boss and she is RUNNING A BUISNESS HERE! 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Oh it definitely is. Just walk into that pathetic store and gaze at the endless shrine of enlarged pics of Kristin “modeling” plastered all over its walls, and it’s obviously just one big vanity project to promote her huge ego.

She strikes me as one of those typical bored rich housewives who gets her richer husband to buy her a business so she can walk around acting like she’s the ultimate badass lady boss; she loves to discuss how she’s sooooo busy, but gosh it makes her feel extra important to announce “I’m going to the office”, when she’s not complaining about all her incompetent workers and her endless “meetings” and how she can’t be there to constantly oversee her staff yet somehow she has time to go on random vacations and dinner dates/social outings. No one will ever understand just how hard she works, y’all!!

I sorta accidentally stumbled into a scene filming of this show several months ago, of all the surreal things. A gal-pal just joined Manbun’s gym next door to UJ and took me with her to a party there. I knew something was up when we had to get photographed and sign release forms—-I just wanted free food and booze, so whatever. Manbun, Kristin/Jay and the UJ gang were all there filming too, much to my amusement. Kristin kinda threw me a bitchy glare so I shot her back some sarcastic fingerguns like the dork I am; and she’s startlingly tiny in person. Like the size of a child almost, she’s so scary short n’ petite; I think her fake ponytail was over half her size. Jay looks just as bored with life in person. Maybe he’s on antidepressants. The rest of them were kinda swaning about like they were celebs, which only added to the hilariously douchetacular vibe. I’m hoping I didn’t make it onto that episode despite being caught by the camera quite a few times(I pretty much parked myself at the bar because: free booze).

Speaking of booze, if you want to pretend like this show is halfway interesting, take a shot every time Kristin busts out that stupid guffaw laugh throughout every episode; you’ll be hammered after 15 minutes. She does indeed start barking like a deranged seal even more when she gets around that basic bitch brunette friend of hers. I don’t even know what in the Hell is wrong with that chick, but she seems a bit special/touched after watching another painful few scenes of her this season. Maybe she and Kristin smoke a bowl before every scene films, I dunno.

Can't decide which part I loved more- the sarcastic finger-guns or the image of Kristin barking like a deranged seal.

Why do you think she glared at you though? That seems a bit confrontational.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

Can't decide which part I loved more- the sarcastic finger-guns or the image of Kristin barking like a deranged seal.

Why do you think she glared at you though? That seems a bit confrontational.

Thank you and glad my musings entertained you!! It was a shitty party and we were among the oldest peeps in the room, but it was mildly entertaining to actually be in a scene these basics were filming after hate-watching this shit for so long.

Maybe because I’m over 35 and not a size 2 or under was the reason she flashed a quick sneer at me; my friend and I didn’t fit in with the LA hipster-douche vibes most of those folks there were sporting. Plus I was simultaneously Instagram storying and snickering at it all when she cast her side-eye my way—-maybe she’s a lip-reader because I do remember clearly saying on my story, “Damn, look at this fuckery...what a shitshow.”

Speaking of shitshows: the UJ Yelp page is a goldmine of laughs!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Speaking of booze, if you want to pretend like this show is halfway interesting, take a shot every time Kristin busts out that stupid guffaw laugh throughout every episode; you’ll be hammered after 15 minutes. She does indeed start barking like a deranged seal even more....

Oh my god! I just remembered. This ought to make you laugh. So, back during Laguna's original run, when Kristin was dating Brody Jenner (actually I think they had just broken up), there was some big Hollywood blowup and some early 2000s starlet (I want to say it was Shanna Moakler, the women who was married to the tattooed drummer from Blink 182) got pissed and posted a bunch of her celebrity ex friend's personal numbers, among them Brody Jenner's on some website. Some lucky TWOPer actually called that number, expecting it just to go to voicemail. Or not be a legit number. But he answered! Granted, I guess the poster didn't know it was him, but she (I think this poster was a woman anyways) did say it sounded a lot like him. Since the poster wasn't actually expecting him to answer, she was pretty flustered, and blurted out the first thing she could think of, which was to ask him if Kristin Cavalleri sounded like a European donkey in person (now that I think about it, maybe she actually asked if Kristin smelled like one, since she already sounded like one). I know the phrase 'European Donkey" was definitely used though. Brody Jenner, to his great credit (I believe they had just broken up) said that wasn't nice and hung up. Anyways, the poster came on to the Laguna Beach forums to tell us about it. Man, if that archive wasn't 400 pages long I would totally go comb through and find that post...

ETA:

I had to look it up. Here is the full quote:

ONTD did it again... apparently Shanna Barkley or Malarky or whatever got mad and put up Paris/Lindsay's private information and somehow or another Brody Jenner's phone number was posted... I thought it was a total crock of shit, because, you know, obviously, but people kept posting about how he was really nice and held conversations with them so (I guess because I'm a jerk) I decided to call. At first I kept getting his voicemail (automated "say your name" with a loud obligatory "BRODY JENNER!") but then it went through and what at least sounded plausibly like Brody answered.

I asked if Kristin smelled like a European donkey and he didn't take too kindly to that, he said that I could have called and said something nice but I didn't, and then he told me to fuck off. Dude. It was the first thing that popped in my head 😞 But he totally laughed first.

Edited by Tatum
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Tatum said:

Oh my god! I just remembered. This ought to make you laugh. So, back during Laguna's original run, when Kristin was dating Brody Jenner (actually I think they had just broken up), there was some big Hollywood blowup and some early 2000s starlet (I want to say it was Shanna Moakler, the women who was married to the tattooed drummer from Blink 182) got pissed and posted a bunch of her celebrity ex friend's personal numbers, among them Brody Jenner's on some website. Some lucky TWOPer actually called that number, expecting it just to go to voicemail. Or not be a legit number. But he answered! Granted, I guess the poster didn't know it was him, but she (I think this poster was a woman anyways) did say it sounded a lot like him. Since the poster wasn't actually expecting him to answer, she was pretty flustered, and blurted out the first thing she could think of, which was to ask him if Kristin Cavalleri sounded like a European donkey in person (now that I think about it, maybe she actually asked if Kristin smelled like one, since she already sounded like one). I know the phrase 'European Donkey" was definitely used though. Brody Jenner, to his great credit (I believe they had just broken up) said that wasn't nice and hung up. Anyways, the poster came on to the Laguna Beach forums to tell us about it. Man, if that archive wasn't 400 pages long I would totally go comb through and find that post...

ETA:

THANK YOU, @Tatum!!! Oh god, the early-mid aughts were so hilariously random like that...can you even imagine?! Now I’m going to picture a European(fancy!!) donkey every time I see her snorting and guffawing onscreen. Maybe Jay can bring some smell donkeys to their farm to raise.

• LOL 1
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:12 PM, Sun-Bun said:

I love every bit of this post!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 3/7/2019 at 10:18 AM, teapot said:

same here.  she still has that high-school affectation of laughing at everything that annoys me to no end.

I kind of wish her kids *were* on the show, though;  hopefully she's sweeter to them.  I feel like she'd be more likeable that way.

I do think part of the reason is as parents they want to limit them being exposed, esp. given their age. I can respect that. 

However, I mostly think the kids are not on the show b/c it will disrupt the "image" she is trying to portray on the show - the fun party type late 20-something woman , who is working on her career/business with her friends (who are not the best co-workers), interested in others personal relationships (again not necessarily their children), hanging out with those who are not parents yet, still overly talking about the high school good-old-days, and who wants to just be with her man.

With her  kids being so young - they could really steal the scene just by saying and doing things that are funny. Seeing her kids chase behind farm animals or looking for eggs from a male bird, will be good for a few laughs. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 9:11 AM, RHJunkie said:

Jay continues to be MVP of the show. I really appreciate how he provides commentary that so effectively captures the idiocy of everyone around him. The highlight was when he walked over to the girl that manages the 'technical' aspects of shipping and confirms that all she does is hit 'print' and then collects the labels, LMAO. He's absolutely right - shipping is not complicated, the problem is people who don't care enough to pay attention to the details.

Jay sure cleaned up very well. I hardly recognized the man when strutted in the door wearing a business jacket, clean shaven, and his hair groomed... Is he on the sales website or on the store wall ? 

If Kristen had to send Jay in  to "clean-up" her sorority social-club business-office issues - then I sad to say "the issue is with the top". Let the pink slips fly.. And where do they get these workers  -- interns from Vanderbilt ? 

RE: Jay observing the shipping room - best line... "She just hits print"... 2092396995_rofl-lmafopix.jpg.be2d4de732b37a9b114a49dc7c503f17.jpg

Being a NFL- QB for a dozen years - he is used to dealing with maturity issues, strong personalities, egos and critics. maybe he should step in more and get this "company" off of the ground on a positive note.

Speaking of which - I wonder if the NFL wives (current, past and present), which is an exclusive club in itself , are helping to move merch ?

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I thought this was the worst episode yet. I've had enough of Kristin's screaming with her friends. I'm glad everyone gets along (with the possible exception of her and Jay), but I don't want to see it on my screen.

More Kaylee and less Matt, please. She was supposed to be the show's shit-stirrer, but all I've seen so far is competence and the ability to absorb the constant shit talking with class.

What was the explanation given for why they weren't in the main house? I was confused at that.

Of COURSE Colby is a singer. It wouldn't be a Nashville show without a couple of nobodies trying to sing. I would like to tell you I enjoyed her song, but I could not understand a single word.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Oh, Matt. Good thing you're pretty. In fact, my going assumption is that this is just what you're doing to kill time until you find your sugar daddy, which...I don't know, I only see you dragging Colby down with you.

Somebody pointed out to me that Kelly looks like a busted Jennifer Love Hewitt, which: mean, but not wholly inaccurate.

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

Somebody pointed out to me that Kelly looks like a busted Jennifer Love Hewitt, which: mean, but not wholly inaccurate.

She totally does! It's the narrow face with the pointy chin.

Also, in all fairness...these days, JLH is also looking like a busted Jennifer Love Hewitt...

• LOL 6

Preview:

There are close married couples … and then there’s Kristin Cavallari and husband Jay Cutler. The Hills alum made an OMG-worthy revelation to her friends about just howintimate she’s gotten with the former Chicago Bears quarterback, and it had nothing to do with their sex life.

In a new clip for her E! show, Very Cavallari, the mom of three, 32, revealed that it was her husband who came to her rescue after her milk ducts became clogged from breastfeeding.

“I had like, major clogged ducts,” she laments to her dinner group in the clip. “Jay had to get them out for me.”

“What?!” a confused pal asks, at which point she spells it out, crowing, “Sucking harder than he’s ever sucked!”

The admission had even her comrades crying out in shock and covering their mouths, with BFF Kristin Kelly Henderson coughing into her napkin.

The Uncommon James designer remained unphased, however, throwing her head back in laughter as the athlete smiled and threw up his hands.

“And you know what? Saved my life,” she concludes of his heroic deed in an interview confessional.

On 4/2/2019 at 12:20 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

And I don’t think the farm/wife stuff is something she does for him, a part of me thinks she genuinely wants that as well. But I do think she wants it in her own way, if that makes sense. I think she likes despite how much she complains about Jay being home all the time, likes that he’s the stay at home parent, because this way she can do her traveling for her work  with the store and hosting opportunities and he handles things back at the house with the kids when she can’t and she can do it the other times. I think having him around more gives her a little bit of freedom that she didn’t get to have as much when he was playing football. Also please everyone before you quote me I’m not saying she’s an absent parent I’m not saying she is, I feel like I’m not explaining it well but I’m trying to say that now she gets to have her career more than before. Sorry I might not be making sense.

I understand what you're saying. I thought her family life came together much sooner than she expected so there was a lingering resentment about it. She hadn't established herself the way she wanted to yet, she's in Chicago with a baby while her peers are all out there doing their own thing. It was easier before when she could still do her own thing as a girlfriend or fiancé. I remember pictures of her taking a smoke break at a sports bar watching one of Jay's games. I think she loves Jay and loves her children. But she settled before she was ready due to circumstances and is resentful for the lost time the way she throws around giving things up for him. I know I too probably am not making sense. I think the family and farm life is something she loves, wanted for herself. But again she settled before being emotionally ready it seems. 

Her friends, employees bore me. They're just not interesting to me. I FF so much of it. I like Kristen, I like Jay. He was on one of my flights once. He cleans up well and is much nicer than his reputation says. 

I also like that they're not showing their children. While I think it would be a better show if it was just their daily lives without the company drama, in this age of over sharing everything I like that they're keeping the kids off tv. 

On 4/3/2019 at 8:59 AM, Tatum said:

(I want to say it was Shanna Moakler, the women who was married to the tattooed drummer from Blink 182) 

I've snarked on this woman over the years but oh I'd love to have a gossip session with her. Simply from what I've read about her in other people's books she must have interesting dirt on so many celebs. 

*wipes tear* I miss TWoP. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I understand what you're saying. I thought her family life came together much sooner than she expected so there was a lingering resentment about it. She hadn't established herself the way she wanted to yet, she's in Chicago with a baby while her peers are all out there doing their own thing. It was easier before when she could still do her own thing as a girlfriend or fiancé. I remember pictures of her taking a smoke break at a sports bar watching one of Jay's games. I think she loves Jay and loves her children. But she settled before she was ready due to circumstances and is resentful for the lost time the way she throws around giving things up for him. I know I too probably am not making sense. I think the family and farm life is something she loves, wanted for herself. But again she settled before being emotionally ready it seems. 

Her friends, employees bore me. They're just not interesting to me. I FF so much of it. I like Kristen, I like Jay. He was on one of my flights once. He cleans up well and is much nicer than his reputation says. 

I also like that they're not showing their children. While I think it would be a better show if it was just their daily lives without the company drama, in this age of over sharing everything I like that they're keeping the kids off tv. 

I've snarked on this woman over the years but oh I'd love to have a gossip session with her. Simply from what I've read about her in other people's books she must have interesting dirt on so many celebs. 

*wipes tear* I miss TWoP. 

It’s sad to think this may be Kristen’s perspective, but you’re probably right. That she’s “settling” by having a family. I fully get someone who has dreams of a professional career feeling unfulfilled with family life, but “settling” for Kristen seems to mean not being famous and not making more money than her rival Lauren Conrad. She’s not driven to succeed, she just wants to be popular and liked by a bunch of strangers. It’s a sad world we live in. I remember years ago watching an episode of the Kardashians (don’t judge). Kim was breaking up with Reggie Bush because he didn’t really want the fame and she had to pick fame or him. The end of the show has her at some public event getting a Maserati, with a voiceover “moral of the story” that money, fame, and material goods can replace any feelings you have for people. Made me want to throw up and cry all at once 😢

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Stan39 said:

It’s sad to think this may be Kristen’s perspective, but you’re probably right. That she’s “settling” by having a family. I fully get someone who has dreams of a professional career feeling unfulfilled with family life, but “settling” for Kristen seems to mean not being famous and not making more money than her rival Lauren Conrad. She’s not driven to succeed, she just wants to be popular and liked by a bunch of strangers. It’s a sad world we live in. I remember years ago watching an episode of the Kardashians (don’t judge). Kim was breaking up with Reggie Bush because he didn’t really want the fame and she had to pick fame or him. The end of the show has her at some public event getting a Maserati, with a voiceover “moral of the story” that money, fame, and material goods can replace any feelings you have for people. Made me want to throw up and cry all at once 😢

Ouch! That episode of the Kardashians sounds awful! Of course all episodes of it sound awful to me. Sad! Kim seemed really happy with Reggie. I liked her style back then. And her original face. 

I'm not fully certain of the timeline but Kristen had some professional failures and disappointments as well. Shows that didn't do well or get picked up. I know she was acting for a bit before showing up on The Hills. The way she constantly throws being a football wife in Jay's face and claiming her life was on hold supporting his career shows a lot of resentment. Which is sad because it's not like she wasn't doing anything. She had brand partnerships, books, she still did appearances. It all points to having a baby before she was mentally or emotionally ready. She was 24 and reading between the lines in her first book, she wasn't ready. She's also very in to proving everyone wrong. 

Edited to add: I'm not slamming her or any women who want a career or balance everything. I'm simply stating she comes off very resentful for giving up a few years despite the fact she stayed active with brand partnerships, books, hosting. It wasn't like she was locked up in a house in the middle of nowhere doing nothing just raising kids with no one to talk to. 

Edited by LemonSoda
Correct iPad typos and add a bit
  • Love 6

Hate when women are slammed for having career ambitions.  So Kristin wants a career on top of motherhood?  Good for her.  Lots of women do it and it doesn't make them any less of a mom.  Why can't she love both roles? 

It apparent to me that Jay & Kristin decided long ago that her career would take a backseat until his playing days were over.  Now that they are, she's moving forward with opportunities like this show and now, Paradise Hotel.  That transition is playing out as a storyline on the show and it's obvious Jay is on board.  https://pagesix.com/2019/04/19/how-kristin-cavallari-will-balance-family-and-work-for-paradise-hotel/

• Love 3
13 hours ago, snarts said:

Hate when women are slammed for having career ambitions.  So Kristin wants a career on top of motherhood?  Good for her.  Lots of women do it and it doesn't make them any less of a mom.  Why can't she love both roles? 

It apparent to me that Jay & Kristin decided long ago that her career would take a backseat until his playing days were over.  Now that they are, she's moving forward with opportunities like this show and now, Paradise Hotel.  That transition is playing out as a storyline on the show and it's obvious Jay is on board.  https://pagesix.com/2019/04/19/how-kristin-cavallari-will-balance-family-and-work-for-paradise-hotel/

I don’t think people are slamming Kristen for her “career”, they’re slamming her for choosing fame over her family. She’s not invested in any of these projects (as others have noted by the poor quality of her products and the lazy way she goes about “work”). She wants to be on tv and craves attention. That’s not the same as women who are genuinely driven to be part of the workforce. 

• Love 9

At this point, I don't get the impression that Kristin is resentful for giving up some of her younger years in order to settle down. I feel that Kristin is genuinely happy with being a mom and even seems to enjoy living on a farm and seeing her kids get to enjoy that kind of upbringing. I think she's been able to learn a lot about herself and what she likes because she settled down with someone who is so different from her and, therefore, has exposed her to things she likely wouldn't have been exposed to if she had stayed in Laguna or California in general.

I think Kristin's issue is that she's comparing the way she supported Jay's professional career versus how he's supporting her and she's feeling a little ripped off.  I think Kristin wants a cheerleader and not just a sounding board. Obviously, he's supportive of her career - he's not passing off his responsibilities to a nanny and then disappearing on golfing trips, he's holding down the fort the same way she did when he was playing football. He's agreed to let cameras into his home and be a part of the show for the sake of giving his wife's business a platform to promote itself. Asking someone to give up the privacy in their own home for any period of time is not a small request and if he weren't supportive, I don't think she could pull off having this show. I think it's probably the small things that may make a difference to her. Like when he and the kids baked her a cake to celebrate her book on the bestsellers list...maybe it's things like baking her a cake when the company reaches an important milestone or cooking her dinner because she had an extra busy day at the office or involving the kids in something fun for her. I'm still not sure if Kristin is wholly committed to this business as a passion or if it's a vanity project that she'll move on quickly from and replace with someone else but it's the real deal, then maybe it's those small things she needs to feel from him to know that he's taking her and dreams seriously.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I don’t think people are slamming Kristen for her “career”, they’re slamming her for choosing fame over her family. She’s not invested in any of these projects (as others have noted by the poor quality of her products and the lazy way she goes about “work”). She wants to be on tv and craves attention. That’s not the same as women who are genuinely driven to be part of the workforce. 

I agree with this. I have a demanding job. In the winter, when Mr. Tatum is seasonably laid off and can handle all the house and kid duties, it is not uncommon for me to leave for work at 4:30 am and return at 8 or later. During a particularly grueling crunch time, I didn't see my kids for more than a few minutes before their bedtime for several weeks. (I saw them on weekends for a fair bit but I also did work from home on Sat and Sun). I also have had to travel a fair bit lately, which my kids hate. We are trying to branch out at work and a lot has fallen to me. Sure, I feel guilty, but this is important to my career and the financial rewards are not insignificant (believe me, the kids weren't laying guilt trips on me when we went to Disney World a few months back and mom popped for the early morning magic hours so we wouldn't have to wait in lines on our short trip). 

So believe me, I am the last person to judge any parent that wants to work. But I don't think that necessarily describes Kristin. I think she wants to be famous. She wants attention and accolades and if Uncommon James doesn't work out, no big loss, she'll just go onto the next thing that could make her a household name.  There's no pride in her work, no drive to really succeed (in this particular venue).

I think she actually gives working moms a bad name. She doesn't want to do actual work, she wants to do the fun parts while the actual work is completed by people far more disciplined than her. Then she comes in all big boss babe like on camera when she's probably clueless about 99% of the actual machinations of getting her product to her showroom floor.

• Love 9
On 4/26/2019 at 8:00 AM, Tatum said:

I agree with this. I have a demanding job. In the winter, when Mr. Tatum is seasonably laid off and can handle all the house and kid duties, it is not uncommon for me to leave for work at 4:30 am and return at 8 or later. During a particularly grueling crunch time, I didn't see my kids for more than a few minutes before their bedtime for several weeks. (I saw them on weekends for a fair bit but I also did work from home on Sat and Sun). I also have had to travel a fair bit lately, which my kids hate. We are trying to branch out at work and a lot has fallen to me. Sure, I feel guilty, but this is important to my career and the financial rewards are not insignificant (believe me, the kids weren't laying guilt trips on me when we went to Disney World a few months back and mom popped for the early morning magic hours so we wouldn't have to wait in lines on our short trip). 

So believe me, I am the last person to judge any parent that wants to work. But I don't think that necessarily describes Kristin. I think she wants to be famous. She wants attention and accolades and if Uncommon James doesn't work out, no big loss, she'll just go onto the next thing that could make her a household name.  There's no pride in her work, no drive to really succeed (in this particular venue).

I think she actually gives working moms a bad name. She doesn't want to do actual work, she wants to do the fun parts while the actual work is completed by people far more disciplined than her. Then she comes in all big boss babe like on camera when she's probably clueless about 99% of the actual machinations of getting her product to her showroom floor.

Agree with all of this, except the part about hiring disciplined people to run her business. I can’t blame Jay for not giving a shit about Kiristen’s “work” when it’s pretty clear she’s not invested in it. Plus the fact that he probably realizes he could run her company better than she can without even trying hard. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Agree with all of this, except the part about hiring disciplined people to run her business. I can’t blame Jay for not giving a shit about Kiristen’s “work” when it’s pretty clear she’s not invested in it. Plus the fact that he probably realizes he could run her company better than she can without even trying hard. 

Oh, I didn’t mean the jokers she has on this show. I mean whatever behind the scenes people that are involved in the supply chain logistics and actually making her product. I’m sure we’ve never seen those people. 

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3

Are we supposed to think Brittainy is a bad person for valuing her job and the company over a shallow ass friendship with a bunch of vapid, incompetent employees? Good Lord. Reagan's always been a bit of a backstabber, and she can go the way of Shannon as far as I'm concerned.

Kristin is totally unwatchable when she's with her friends.

I'm not sure why I watch this show when I actively dislike everyone on it, with the possible exception of Jay. Except that he willingly hangs out with this band of fools, so.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 8

I do not get why Reagan thinks she would advance so much in the company if Brittany just mentored her or some other BS. Doesn't she just work in the store part unless they need help elsewhere? I am with Brittany that Reagan is the only person holding herself back.

I do not care about Kelly. I also do not care who she is dating every week.

• Love 11

I think Brittany is being a bit of a psycho about this petty bullshit, but whatever. So you think people are snarking about you at work; get over it and keep kicking ass—-the people who matter will notice your hard work. Her whole speech to her gross bored musician boyfriend(is he stoned every time they film?) about “playing chess” was so stupidly self-important. Girl, you work with a bunch of catty basic famewhores at a generic shop that’ll likely be closed in several years; go manage a Banana Republic if you’re that bugged by your dumbass coworkers and determined to “grow with the company”.

• Love 10

Yeah, I think the show has jumped the ship.  Noone cares about Kelly, and she is on too much.  The petty concerns of Kristen's employees, as well as having their boyfriends on the show as if we care....  Honestly I mainly watch the scenes with Kristen and Jay, and forward through the rest.  

• Love 6

I’d love to see the market research on reality shows, because it must be fascinating. I read these boards, listen to some podcasts, and discuss various reality shows with friends. We all complain about the same things. Yet, as the show goes on production tends to add MORE of what we “hate” and less of the stuff we find “interesting”. For example, there must be a silent majority of idiots watching this who think Kristen actually runs a legitimate business and are rooting for these people to solve their problems so the store will succeed. And weirdos who love Kelly and care about her love life. 

• Love 8

Jay is the best thing about this show.  And it's ironic because I wasn't a fan of his when he played football but I just love his personality now.  I wish the show was more about him and Kristen and much less KELLY!  Ugh, she grates! And the Uncommon James drama is just filler.  

• Love 3

I think if this was a Kristin and Jay newlyweds style reality show, the ratings would be much higher and I would definitely watch. I don't think I'd want to be friends with Kristin (that voice drives me insane, along with her Valley girl/Chicago hybrid accent), but I'd be totally lying if I said I wasn't interested in her personal life, as evidenced by the fact that I comment on a show she's on that I don't actually watch.

Kristin has said that "they" don't have any interest in doing this, but I suspect it's more a case of "Jay" not having an interest in making their relationship or their kids the focus of the show.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4

You know there's a problem when working little kids are causing no trouble, and the adults can't get it together enough to do Actual Real Work!!!

In the first episode, Kristen was saying how Reagan may seem dumb, but she's actually really smart.  I'm yet to witness this.  No, she's not.  But then again, it's a judgment made by Kristen, so can't take that seriously.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Reagan's issue with Brittany makes her sound like a dumbass. She was technically there before Brittany came on the scene but she expected that Brittany would mentor her so that the two of them could raise the ranks together within Uncommon James. She keeps saying that Brittany chose to be loyal to the company over their friendship. That makes it seem like Brittany can't do both...which, I mean, why not? Also, how did Brittany make a 'choice' if you never told her that wanted her to mentor you? Brittany never knew that was what Reagan had wanted and expected so she didn't choose anything over their friendship. Brittany had no idea that working hard and advancing her own career was ever putting their friendship in jeopardy. It doesn't seem like Brittany was stepping over Reagan in order to get ahead.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

In the first episode, Kristen was saying how Reagan may seem dumb, but she's actually really smart.  I'm yet to witness this.  No, she's not. 

I cannot stand her. 

I just started the series a week or so ago (and I just became totally fucking sick of it. Too much too fast? 😉). Taylor from season one reminds me of Jessica from Laguna Beach.

• LOL 1

Renewed for Season 3.

Dream scenario: They shift focus to Jay trying to launch his butcher shop. He then hires Brittainy and Kaylee away from UJ because he knows they're competent and dedicated. Kristin, sensing that she's being upstaged on her own show, talks Jay into also hiring Matt and Reagan as a way of undermining him; instead, they become the Keystone Kops of corporate sabotage and accomplish nothing, but the marital crossfire distracts from the fact that UJ Is going under and Kristin is hastily moving on to her next whatever.

Also: Brittainy finally dumps Stone but keeps the dog. Colby exits in the first episode to pursue her dreams of country music obscurity. Kelly signs on for a perpetual cycle of country stars' world tours and is never heard from again.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 4/3/2019 at 8:59 AM, Tatum said:

ETA:

OMG those posts on ONTD were my *jam*!  I remember that!  I was obsessed with Mary-Kate Olsen at the time, and her number was there, and someone called it and had a WAV of her outgoing VM message.  It was very airy and sweet and hippie-dippie.

I kind of hate Kristin (I hate Kelly more) and I have no fucking clue why I am watching this show, so there's also that.  I get the whole "keep kids off the show" , but Ashlee & Evan show bits & pieces of their family life and I don't want to throat-punch either of them. (her giggles drive me a little crazy but...)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

So the finale was...as boring as Season 2 started. 

Kristen is an absentee boss and the workplace drama that has ensued is a direct result of this. 

Trying to push her BFF to be her VP is a weird story line. Not only would that mean uprooting her entire life, but it sounds like she just wants another fall guy so she can be left alone. 

Kristen's comment about how she shouldn't even hear about stuff like the Britt/Reagan issue is exactly why she's a bad boss. In the real world, 60 people is not that 'big' of a business. You have a couple of managers and then do weekly, bi-weekly or, at least, monthly management meetings where you can discuss everything. What is working, what isn't working; what HR issues have come up, how were they resolved, customer feedback and how to improve on it...etc, etc. Each 'head of a department' gets a few bullets in about the highlights, you brainstorm as a team and you implement. That is what a real boss does---Kristen is far from a real boss. And her reminder that it's a 'start up'...okay, girl---most start-ups have their owners slaving away week after week to build themselves up. The fact that you can check out so much in year 2 and it not burn to the ground takes it out of start-up mode. 

Britt is clearly unstable and I feel for her. When she snapped at Stone about building a $1B business FOR Kristen, all I could ask is 'why'? What is the payout here? I haven't seen a significant increase in wealth---in what they've shown this season or her gram---so it's clearly not money. She is giving parts of her best life for someone else's dream? Girl...stop. This is a job and boundaries are healthy. If Britt put even half of this effort into her own dream, the girl would be successful. She is literally sacrificing a significant portion of her youth for someone who can't even follow their own word and fire the girl, aka Reagan, who admitted to causing drama. And then pulls you into a lopsided meeting and put equal blame on you for an issue you didn't cause. 

Stone didn't bother me as much this season. In fact, he sorta became the voice of reason. I still think he's facially challenged and should take more showers, but he's not the love sick puppy anymore which was refreshing. I did think the ring shots were a bit gratuitous, but I'm sure that was E!'s plan. To be honest, if your girl isn't willing to at least put you on the same ledge as her job---at your age---it's time to keep looking. 

Kelly---girl, I don't like you and my heart broke as you cried over something you clearly didn't understand---but get off my screen already. Freeze your eggs, don't freeze your eggs---have a surrogate, use a sperm bank...I don't care. The chemistry between you and Kristen as BFFs isn't there and if Kristen keeps ending every 'supportive' comment with "Okay?" one more time my TV may end up on the floor. On camera, Kelly reeks of desperation and it's sad because I don't think she's a bad person. I just thinks she's average and boring. Not horrible characteristics, but not made for reality TV either. 

Jay---just keep doing you. Open a butcher shop, but please don't call it "Cuts" because that is freaking stupid. But find your dream and your passion and whatever else you need to do to stay sane for the next season.

Speaking of next season, I don't see why this show keeps getting more seasons. I'm beyond hate watching it now---today it's purpose was background music while I worked on PTO Raffle Envelopes. That is what the show has become---background music. I can pay attention to parts of it, but then I get bored and fast forward through parts. 

Even if you add a new store, even if you add new employees, even if you add marriage drama and friend drama and will she/won't she Kelly---this show isn't going anywhere. What anchors a reality show is personable/interesting cast members and this show is lacking in that area big time. This entire season was too all over the place---in Season 1 we saw some home life, but we saw the business and that was what built the show. I think we saw less business in Season 2 than we saw in the first few episodes of Season 1. Either, this show is about Uncommon James the business and we return to that or it's about Kristen's life and we ignore the business. Going back and forth made this entire season feel very disjointed and made the background characters much easier to forget. If you showed me a line-up of UJ employees I'd know the 'witchy' girl is black, the guy with the weird eyes used to do shipping and I doubt I'd even be able to find Colby because I can't remember her face. How did that turn out anyway? Is the witchy girl still witchy? Is Colby still crying at her computer? Are they still sending out 12 empty boxes a week? Is every candle still arriving broken? Did they condense that stupid 50 page manual on folding boxes down to a single sheet yet? How did Kristen meet Biegs? Why should I care that Pip had kids? Who the freak names their kids Biegs and Pip and/or what do they stand for, because they have to be nicknames right? I can't even remember the names of Jay's friends but one is gay...I think. And the questions go on and on and on because, for having an entire season of episodes, the only resolution we got was Jay promises to be more supportive of Kristen and Kristen promises to be home more, but in order to get to this, they had to go to Cabo where Kristen showed her a** and Jay proved he doesn't party. That could have been wrapped up in 15 minutes...not 10 episodes. 

Season 3 is filming...will I watch? Maybe. Probably not. Likely for Jay's faces. I know little about football, I know he's one of the most hated players, I also hated him in S1; but his deadpan faces kept me going in S2 so I'm gonna need that on overload if I have any prayer of getting through another season of pure drivel. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I don’t really care much about Kelly, but I did think Kristen was being insensitive in her cheerleader speech.  No one in Kelly’s position wants to hear that from someone that has no issues getting pregnant, has several kids, etc. I think it just shows a lack of understanding and empathy. 

• Love 2

Well, that was anticlimactic, even as this show goes. At least Kristin and Jay seem to be in a better place, so yay Cabo, I guess? I remain unconvinced that reliving your spring break glory days and literally showing your ass on TV as a 30-something parent and business owner is a great life choice, but apparently it works for some people.

Reagan either needs to own her shit-stirring or get off the pot. I'll admit that she has a certain dry wit at times and is better at reading social cues than any of Kelly's dates, but if she (belatedly) goes the way of Shannon, I won't exactly be mad about it.

Part of me feels really bad for Kelly because fertility issues are not a joke and can be truly heartbreaking. And part of me feels really bad because I...still don't care about her as a presence on the show. In fact, the show would be so much better off ignoring Kristin's friends entirely because all her "favorite people" are either boring AF (Kelly) or supremely annoying even in small doses (Jack). Presumably we're stuck with Biegs next season but hopefully they can shuffle the rest of them off and allot the time to Jay's new venture instead. Or some drying paint, whichever. Kelly, I wish you good health and personal fulfillment—offscreen. And be sure to document your journey on the Velvet's Edge Blog and Podcast™; I won't be checking out either, but I'm sure it'll be cathartic for you.

• Love 4

Brittney needs some psychological guidance.  Can you imagine giving so much of your young adult life for someone else’s company?  She’s working herself silly and in the process her head has become bigger than the state of Texas.  Get a grip, Britt!  Clearly, her boyfriend needs to walk away.

I sympathize with Kelly’s fertility issues but it didn’t sound to me that the doctor was giving her zero chances of retrieving any eggs at all.  That said, the rest of her entire storyline is wash, rinse, repeat.  My God!  Boring as hell.

• Love 5

I can’t stand the Kardashians. That said, I’ve got Dash Dolls on in the background because there’s nothing else to watch and it’s incredible how much better they are at managing ppl than Kristen is. It’s not always great, but Khloe and Kim actually listen to their employees, provide constructive feedback, and give advice on what to improve. They also understand they need to be involved to maintain their brand.  In stark contrast we have Kristen who just comes in and screams vague threats at everyone then leaves her staff confused. 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

The article says 90 employee, $20 million a year

The article is a puff piece in a local online paper (affiliated with USA Today), with no source given for the $20 million dollar figure.  The article was just Kristin touting how successful she is.  The revenue figure was probably given by Kristin, who wants to seem successful, who knows whether it is even accurate? 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 2