Type keyword(s) to search

Very Cavallari - General Discussion

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Exactly. Stuff happens. As a LEADER Kristin should be the way reassuring her staff so that they don’t get upset and the bug gets fixed. Stuff happens. If you want to FIX it, calm the F down, sort things out, and if someone really screws up deal with it. There’s nothing productive about Kristin freaking out like that. I’ve “messed up” at work and already feel awful, my good managers reassure me that I’m a good worker and stuff isn’t my fault. Then we figure out a solution. 

Yup. And everyone who commented about her walking in and yelling was unprofessional. And she closed the door like after she did most of her yelling. I’m sure people heard her. Maybe not though. Who knows. But nothing about her storming in proved good leader and business owner to me.

It was good drama for the show. It was in previews all the way from the start of this show they were showing that moment, so yeah. Good for a tv drama.

• Love 4

I agree with everyone else. Kristen, at her core, is not a good leader. She's not a good boss and she's not a great CEO. Yelling at your employee's is unprofessional and tbh, I probably would have rolled my eyes too. Obviously Shannon screwed up, but if you've been holding her hand for an entire year, then it's on you to fire her, replace her, or get a professional trainer in there to shape her up. 

Britt didn't screw up, the website bugged---like they do---and fixed it quickly. She is, without a doubt, the most professional out of the entire bunch. I actually liked Reagan in this episode and I was kinda eh on her before---she did her job and stayed out of the mess. Good for her. 

Britt's boyfriend needs to go, why she's wasting her time is beyond me. She'll regret and resent him later on, I guarantee it. 

This was my favorite Jay episode and I didn't really love him at the beginning. 

At the end of the day, Kristen cares too much about what people think of her. "This all comes back on me..." "It makes me look bad..." No one cares. Glitches happen. If you cared about your store opening you would have had a real soft opening (not a party) and a few online trial runs to ensure everything was priced appropriately. Britt should have called to confirm the food as well, but she clearly was wearing too many hats so I'll give her a pass on that one. 

But seriously, Kristen should have been at the store from the moment it opened to the moment it closed. She should have opened the door herself and welcomed everyone in. She should have been there to answer questions about the product, walk around, be visible and close up. You wanna disappear and demo a house? Okay, do that day 2. 

The fact that this show is getting a Season 2 doesn't surprise me. Kristen has a fan base and this show does have drama. 

But, if her website is half sold out imagine what her store looks like? EEK! I doubt it'll last. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

But, if her website is half sold out imagine what her store looks like? EEK! I doubt it'll last. 

And hopefully all the behind-the-scenes meltdowns are being captured for next season.

I don't know much about management, but I think Kristen is trying to be a friend and a boss, and it's not working real well.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I agree with everyone else. Kristen, at her core, is not a good leader. She's not a good boss and she's not a great CEO. Yelling at your employee's is unprofessional and tbh, I probably would have rolled my eyes too. Obviously Shannon screwed up, but if you've been holding her hand for an entire year, then it's on you to fire her, replace her, or get a professional trainer in there to shape her up. 

Britt didn't screw up, the website bugged---like they do---and fixed it quickly. She is, without a doubt, the most professional out of the entire bunch. I actually liked Reagan in this episode and I was kinda eh on her before---she did her job and stayed out of the mess. Good for her. 

Britt's boyfriend needs to go, why she's wasting her time is beyond me. She'll regret and resent him later on, I guarantee it. 

This was my favorite Jay episode and I didn't really love him at the beginning. 

At the end of the day, Kristen cares too much about what people think of her. "This all comes back on me..." "It makes me look bad..." No one cares. Glitches happen. If you cared about your store opening you would have had a real soft opening (not a party) and a few online trial runs to ensure everything was priced appropriately. Britt should have called to confirm the food as well, but she clearly was wearing too many hats so I'll give her a pass on that one. 

But seriously, Kristen should have been at the store from the moment it opened to the moment it closed. She should have opened the door herself and welcomed everyone in. She should have been there to answer questions about the product, walk around, be visible and close up. You wanna disappear and demo a house? Okay, do that day 2. 

The fact that this show is getting a Season 2 doesn't surprise me. Kristen has a fan base and this show does have drama. 

It didn’t even dawn on me that she neither opened nor closed her own store opening until I read it on here. Lol. I think I’ve said it on here before, but why after shows like Shark Tank have proven successful do networks think we want to watch people be bad at their jobs? Or promote bad ideas? Or suggest you can survive in business focusing on petty BS? If you want to show personal life “drama” that’s fine. But one of my biggest pet peeves is watching people being awful/unprofessional/barely competent at work and then be rewarded with more TV time or a life lesson about “coming together as a family”. I’d much rather see the inner workings of a real startup business trying to make it on merit, dealing with the REAL stresses of creating something that may not make money. It’s just jarring watching people pretend to run a business when anybody watching knows that’s not how you run a business. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

And hopefully all the behind-the-scenes meltdowns are being captured for next season.

I don't know much about management, but I think Kristen is trying to be a friend and a boss, and it's not working real well.

I think this is also a big problem. Like I said earlier in the thread, I would never drink with any of my employees, or go on vacation with them (not that I'm currently the boss of anyone, ha). I think a line needs to be drawn. It's clear the girls see Kristin as a friend and as such, don't really respect her as an authority. Do we really think Kristin would fire any of them as long as they're friends and, even more, a cast member on their reality show?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

At the end of the day, Kristen cares too much about what people think of her. "This all comes back on me..." "It makes me look bad..." No one cares.

I think what people think and being a big success is her motivation in life.  She doesn't really need the money as she is financially well off through marrying Jay and the gigs she gets being Kristin Cavallari.  She wants public success: to be thought of as a successful businesswoman with a successful lifestyle and jewelry brand, successful store, bestselling cookbook, hit reality show centered around her, etc.  Ultimately, she is still competing with Lauren Conrad.   

So her money is her money, so she can walk out and not stay married because she is dependent on Jay for money and his money is their money.  Sounds fair to me. <<sarcasm>>

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I think what people think and being a big success is her motivation in life.  She doesn't really need the money as she is financially well off through marrying Jay and the gigs she gets being Kristin Cavallari.  She wants to be thought of as a successful businesswoman with a successful lifestyle and jewelry brand, successful store, bestselling cookbook, etc.  Ultimately, she is still competing with Lauren Conrad.   

So her money is her money, so she can walk out and not stay married because she is dependent on Jay for money and his money is their money.  Sounds fair to me. 

I get that. But with all her gigs, she would have her own money  she doesn’t need this store,- I still think opening the store was a big mistake. From my understanding the business was doing good online but how she has a store that I agree with others looked way too empty on opening day and her website has hardly anything in stock and that doesn’t look good.

And that Instagram I posted she was all “I knew the show would increase the sales but I didn’t expect this” which.. I’m sorry but she should have anticipated higher volumes due to her show. It just seems not great.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

she doesn’t need this store

Agreed she doesn't need the store.  Like we both agree, she has money, brick and mortar stores are not the way to go, and the size of that place for the amount of inventory will make it an albatross.  But online success is one thing, having a STORE!!! is another.  Kristin wants to look successful to others, that is my point.  She wants to top Lauren and/or doing things Lauren has not done.  She is competing with Lauren Conrad, either consciously or subconsciously. 

Prediction: at some point, she will open a restaurant.  That will be the next big "success" for her.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Bazinga said:

Agreed she doesn't need the store.  Like we both agree, she has money and brick and mortar stores are not the way to go, anyway.  But online success is one thing, having a STORE!!! is another.  Kristin wants to look successful to others, that is my point.  She wants to top Lauren and/or doing things Lauren has not done.  Prediction: at some point, she will open a restaurant.  That will be the next big "success" for her.

That sounds like a good prediction. Also I agree about the Lauren Conrad thing. I think she is trying to surpass Lauren but I feel like as much as their business are similar, they seem very different, at least to me. I feel like Lauren’s market has always been fashion she hasn’t ventured anywhere. Kristen seems to want to do anything and everything, which yeah sounds great but also makes her items seem kind of random. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

So her money is her money, so she can walk out and not stay married because she is dependent on Jay for money and his money is their money.  Sounds fair to me. 

Wait, what? How is this fair?

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I think what people think and being a big success is her motivation in life.  She doesn't really need the money as she is financially well off through marrying Jay and the gigs she gets being Kristin Cavallari.  She wants public success: to be thought of as a successful businesswoman with a successful lifestyle and jewelry brand, successful store, bestselling cookbook, hit reality show centered around her, etc.  Ultimately, she is still competing with Lauren Conrad.   

So her money is her money, so she can walk out and not stay married because she is dependent on Jay for money and his money is their money.  Sounds fair to me. <<sarcasm>>

And losing, so miserably, losing. 

• Love 7

I’ve always felt the “store” was really more an office and storage place first. As some have noted it’s not in the best shopping area and they did start the series with them moving out of her home. I don’t know if Jay is a business genius, but I’m sure they have advisors giving them tips. For instance Kelly is a stylist, so she may be giving advice on jewelry trends. Maybe some of Kelly’s payment was a spot on the show. I actually am impressed with some of the things Kristin has done. Compare her to other LB/Hills cast and she’s accomplished some decent things. Now of course LC did very well, but she had an air of success about her, so it was expected. Kristin just always seemed to be destined as the party girl. So I’m impressed by her success. Not so much the vaccine issue though!

• Love 5
Just now, Bblack3 said:

I’ve always felt the “store” was really more an office and storage place first. As some have noted it’s not in the best shopping area and they did start the series with them moving out of her home. I don’t know if Jay is a business genius, but I’m sure they have advisors giving them tips. For instance Kelly is a stylist, so she may be giving advice on jewelry trends. Maybe some of Kelly’s payment was a spot on the show. I actually am impressed with some of the things Kristin has done. Compare her to other LB/Hills cast and she’s accomplished some decent things. Now of course LC did very well, but she had an air of success about her, so it was expected. Kristin just always seemed to be destined as the party girl. So I’m impressed by her success. Not so much the vaccine issue though!

Oh man, I was just about to comment on my theory that Kristin isn't driven by competition with Lauren, but more competition with herself and the low expectations people have had for her. She went from party girl villain on reality TV to people thinking had reached her potential when a rich NFL player to put a ring on it. I think Kristin feels like she has more to offer and feels the pressure of proving all of the naysayers wrong. I think feeling like a fuck up is probably too reminiscent of what the opinions of her were back in her Laguna Beach days. I think she's found some humble success in her ventures and that's great, but I still can't understand the rationale in opening a brick and mortar store in this day and age. With the media access she has to promote her site, it just doesn't make sense to not use her name to land those media opportunities and market the hell out of the online business. Not having to worry about rent, utilities and in-store clerk salaries is all money that stays in her pocket or can be re-invested into her business.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bblack3 said:

That's how I feel too. The online business was doing well and growing, and they needed to get out of the house, so they found this space that also had a store front and thought, "Why not?"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tobeannounced said:

That's how I feel too. The online business was doing well and growing, and they needed to get out of the house, so they found this space that also had a store front and thought, "Why not?"

Yeah I said this thing too. Kristen probably realized she needed more space to House the people working for her and Jay was probably not loving having an open house with a revolving door of people in it and then Kristen was like “wait I want a store!”

I just don’t see her being able to do that in this capacity. Like someone else said I don’t think she’s ever worked in retail and doesn’t know the in and outs. Again as I said a few pages back, I think the store will probably do fine as long as this show goes on and it’s featured. Then again when the show is off for the season, who knows how it will do. 

Also im not surprised it got a second season. The network has a relationship with Kristen, she works their Oscar pre shows(and other award shows I think too, e takes up like three hours for every award show, I think for the odcars they take up five or four!) and they do like a good reality show.

• Love 4

I wonder if the Casaamigos tequila (which Clooney and Gerber (and others? have ties  to they sold for a Billion- what I have done wrong with my life ) with soda and jalapeño will start being a thing. It looked so good in that glass. 

When Brittany and gross man were talking on their hike and she was so beautiful and refreshed I gagged when the camera panned to him. I like her!  I don’t care if she ends up with a not so hot guy but damn she could do so much better than him!  I hate to hear they’re still together.   He’s a total d bag who I think views himself introspective when the reality is he’s a horrible bore and not very kind. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Bblack3 said:

I’ve always felt the “store” was really more an office and storage place first. As some have noted it’s not in the best shopping area and they did start the series with them moving out of her home. 

This. It was a way to get merchandise out of their home.  Also, the store provides fodder for the show and the lease is covered by the E! money.  

In terms of retail success, Kristin's had a shoe line with Chinese Laundry for many years, carried by good retailers like Nordstrom.  I notice that they're also now carrying her jewelry line, so she's doing something right.

12 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I wonder if the Casaamigos tequila (which Clooney and Gerber (and others? have ties  to they sold for a Billion- what I have done wrong with my life ) with soda and jalapeño will start being a thing. It looked so good in that glass. 

Oh it’s been a thing for several years now, even though Clooney & Gerber have since sold their shares of the business((and made major bank)). It’s a REALLY, surprisingly good and smooth tequila. Lots of bars stock it and many bartenders love it; in fact, I sorta got hooked on it thanks to several bartenders recommending it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/29/2018 at 9:54 AM, prettybird said:

The only reason to have an actual store is to have a location for filming. If it was an office, they wouldn’t have the products on display as much. It’s just one big infomercial. 

That’s a pretty shitty infomercial. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Basic brunette #2 Kelly must be doing okay if she’s living in a house in that neighborhood, unless the show rented it for her. I can see why she’s single though; seems like she has all the sexual naivety of a tween.

Basic brunette #1’s boyfriend is just gross all around. The smugness just reeks from him; probably just because he literally looks smelly. Maybe he has those almighty “connections” that wannabes like her enjoy. I’m guessing at the very least he probably has good weed connections.

Shannon is beyond annoying and definitely thinks she’s way hotter than she really is. Probably swans around town acting like a VIP now; she seems like the type who gets high on her own fumes. Her boyfriend is your typical Nashville basic bro singing lame country tunes; you see young douches just like him alllll over his native habitat of Midtown.

Wirth comes from family money; his dad is the head of HCA. He went to college on a football scholarship and appears to be your typical young trust funder who does odd jobs as a male model/trainer and is otherwise just the main Manbun about town. 

SHUT  UP!!! MANBUN about town?!?!? I screamed w laughter & swallowed my gum! GENIUS!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

SHUT  UP!!! MANBUN about town?!?!? I screamed w laughter & swallowed my gum! GENIUS!

Thank you kindly! And I actually *finally* had a run-in with the MANBUN about town at a Halloween event here, no less. He was all painted up, biceps bulging, and posing for selfies with gaggles of gals; he seemed like a nice enough dude and all, but nothing more than that.

Say something nice time: as boring and basic as this lame show’s equally lame cast is, I dare say the cast of “Southern Charm Savannah” is even more sad/pathetic than this bunch.

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Thank you kindly! And I actually *finally* had a run-in with the MANBUN about town at a Halloween event here, no less. He was all painted up, biceps bulging, and posing for selfies with gaggles of gals; he seemed like a nice enough dude and all, but nothing more than that.

Say something nice time: as boring and basic as this lame show’s equally lame cast is, I dare say the cast of “Southern Charm Savannah” is even more sad/pathetic than this bunch.

Woah.

• Love 1
On 8/20/2018 at 12:45 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

Having Jenny McCarthy on the show reminded me that Kristin and Jay are anti-vaxxers. Therefore I can't fully respect either of them.

Why does no one on this show wear a seatbelt?

I work in healthcare.  As in with medicine and science, and not with herbs and chanting circles.  Anti-vaxxers shit me like you wouldn't believe.  Ironic how Kristen herself was once vaccinated. 

The seatbelt thing bugs me too.  Oh, and I have half a heart attack when they use their phones and use SCREENTIME conversations Whilst They Are DRIVING!!!  Sorry, I can't calm myself down with that.  It's up there with leaving your kids in the car on a hot day.  And NOT vaccinating your kids!!!  ARGH!!!

• Love 2
On 8/20/2018 at 10:08 PM, Bazinga said:

I wasn't going to comment on this show.  I swear I wasn't but... 

Obviously Kristin is over her head.  Kristin only has this store because she is famous and has the bankroll (mostly Jay's, I assume) to fund this endeavor; it is not based on merit.  She is terrible at setting up a chain of command, which causes all of their problems.  Kristin just strolls in to complain about how bad others are doing.  Maybe being there all the time, actually supervising, would be something a "boss CEO" would do in order to get things done the way you want in the first place instead of waiting for others to screw up and then complaining.  ETA, she seemed to have no clue how to figure out the shipping on other types of products.  Shouldn't she have known how to handle that while handing it off to someone else?  Shouldn't there be someone in charge of the online sales presence and shipping and not let it fall to Brittainy, who is the store manager? 

That store???  A gigantic store to sell stuff like earrings, tongs, and a smattering of clothes, all of which you can buy online.  Why????   There is so little inventory in that gigantic space.  How much must they have to (over)charge just to pay the rent?   

This whole show is just designed to promote the store.  One big infomercial disguised as a reality show.  Please may it fail. 

Hate that her fame allows her to have free promotion and opportunities to promote the store on social media, TV, and radio.  

I was actively rooting for her cookbook to not make the bestsellers list, but knew it would, as if it didn't, that would not make it on air.  Why would anyone want a Kristin Cavallari cookbook, especially sight unseen?  Is she somehow known for cooking?  Why would anyone pay for this when you can Google recipes for free?  Do I dare look up reviews to find out if it is actually good? 

Above people are down on the Canadian but he is way better then Kelly, who thinks she is all that and certainly is not.  

I didn't like Gurney's song.  That won a songwriting contest?  It seemed so generic and dull. 

One episode to go.  Will this get a season 2?  Why am I watching, as I don't like Kristen, as she is full of herself and self-important, Jay is an (intentional?) bore, as in a dull, uncongenial person, the others are irrelevant, uninteresting, and unlikable?  But I hate watched every single episode of 'Life of Kylie' and felt the same way about that show. 

^^^^^^ Every single thing you said ^^^^^^

Because of social media and online businesses, people who would never have been successful before the year 2000 are making lots of money.  There used to be a time when you needed years of business studies and having to put in 100+ hours a week to see some kind of profit.  Now someone with zero business experience can do it.

On 8/21/2018 at 12:52 AM, Stan39 said:

I’ve heard other (real) authors talk about the backroom stuff that happens to get on the NYT best seller list. Unfortunately, the list is not merit based or talent-based. I’m sure a deal was worked out somewhere to get Kristen enough pre-orders to make the list.

Didn't Paris Hilton and the Kardashians have some best sellers?  That should tell us something.  You could write something like Gone Girl or The Da Vinci Code, or you can do whatever the eff these clowns are doing. 

On 8/21/2018 at 1:27 AM, Stan39 said:

It feels like "John Stone" is a character an actor is playing as "Worst Boyfriend". Seriously, everything he is, does, and says is the opposite of anything a decent person would do. And what's with his "2.5 week tour"? Is that even a thing? Don't people tour for months on end? 7 countries in 2.5 weeks? Where is he playing? I can't even imagine him getting gigs in 7 states let alone 7 countries. 

On 8/27/2018 at 1:03 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

Could Jon have looked like any more of a douche in that bun? He has the most punchable face on TV. I'm glad his mom took Brittainy's side. He is such a baby. He couldn't have supported her for a few hours by eating some canapes and standing around? My God. On the flip side, Jay was supportive by pushing Kristin to thank people and getting everyone to shut up so they could hear her. And he looked great in his jacket.

I find him repulsive with no redeeming qualities.  I think Britt said that he's an only child.  It's effing wankers like him, who give other only children a bad name and the "Oh, you must be soooooooooooooo spoilt" bullshit.  He's so gross.  It doesn't matter how much older he is.  I've met 18-20-year-olds who are SO much more mature than him, and have their shit together. 

On 8/21/2018 at 1:28 PM, Sun-Bun said:

That’s what’s so pathetic about this store—-it’s NOT in a good location. It’s NOT a destination; there’s zero cool vibe in this store, as it’s literally just a hollow, cave-like shrine to KC and her retail whims. It’s located several streets around the corner from a stylish area of town, but on the far end/seedy backside of this area. Not a pretty or desirable area at all. In fact the shop is right next to a former thuggy nightclub that got shut down a year ago due to multiple violent incidents that went down there...makes her overpriced basic white girl boutique seem all the more random. And it’s wayyyyy too big of a space for the small amount of haphazard and overpriced little items she has in there. I’ll be shocked if it lasts over a year there...of course her grumpy hubby will probably keep paying the rent just to keep her happy.

I caved and went to their website.  What piles of overpriced bullshit!!!!  You can get much better-quality jewellery for 10th of the price at sites like aliexpress or blingjewelry.  I saw stud earrings on UJ site which were nothing but gold-plated brass or copper.  You can buy SOLID 14 ct gold studs from Bling Jewelry for less. 

On 8/27/2018 at 12:31 PM, MinorL said:

If Kristin cared so much, she wouldn’t have hired a bunch of incompetents based on their looks and whether E! thinks they’d be good for a reality show. It all seems fake. 

That's like Lisa Vanderpumps only hiring a bunch of effing morons for her restaurants.

• Love 3

Did anyone catch the season two premiere?  Updates:

- Kelly continues to GRAAAATE for no discernible reason.  I feel bad because I'm sure she's very nice and she has great hair, but she bugs me.

- Shannon left UJ to form her own company and/or social media brand, which is stupid if she's no longer going to be on the show. The exposure is undoubtedly what gave her the power to leave, but once she's no longer on TV who the hell will care about her? I would have thought E! would double her pay, to get her to stay, since she did bring most of the drama to an otherwise uninteresting show. I'll be salty if they're still paying her to appear and she's not in the workplace.

- Wirth left UJ to form a gym with Tim McGraw that is literally next door to UJ. Good, so we can end the pantomime of him working in retail while being worth millions.

- The most interesting aspect to me is the workplace. I don't give a damn about Kristin's farm or her friends (although her befriending Luke Bryan's wife was amusing).

- Brittainy's bf is still punching about his weight class by being with her. Also he has shorter hair.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Did anyone catch the season two premiere?  Updates:

- Kelly continues to GRAAAATE for no discernible reason.  I feel bad because I'm sure she's very nice and she has great hair, but she bugs me.

- Shannon left UJ to form her own company and/or social media brand, which is stupid if she's no longer going to be on the show. The exposure is undoubtedly what gave her the power to leave, but once she's no longer on TV who the hell will care about her? I would have thought E! would double her pay, to get her to stay, since she did bring most of the drama to an otherwise uninteresting show. I'll be salty if they're still paying her to appear and she's not in the workplace.

- Wirth left UJ to form a gym with Tim McGraw that is literally next door to UJ. Good, so we can end the pantomime of him working in retail while being worth millions.

- The most interesting aspect to me is the workplace. I don't give a damn about Kristin's farm or her friends (although her befriending Luke Bryan's wife was amusing).

- Brittainy's bf is still punching about his weight class by being with her. Also he has shorter hair.

Sadly I don’t find the workplace all that interesting. But nothing is on this show to be honest and I find the store stuff boring as well. None for the girls are all that compelling to watch. 

• Love 1

Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Kelly to be a total needle scratch of a human being—every time she pops up, she just kills whatever bit of momentum the show has going. Dear Producers: We don't care about the dating life of some rando who happens to know Kristin. Especially a grown woman who acts like a middle-schooler.

Shannon should've been recast as the obligatory bestie. At least she doesn't need Kristin to prop her up during interviews.

Brittainy may be a Romulan, but she's still too good for this.

I see they greatly expanded the staff between seasons/are letting us into the back room, I'm not sure which. If that twink Matt becomes more prominent, I just might be willing to sit through another run of this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I do have to say it was interesting that Kristen did fire Shannon and that the show allowed that. Shannon at least brings some sort of conflict(maybe another cast member will, but Kristen doesn’t get any from Regan and Brittany for the most part) and I would think the show would want to keep her around. Although a bunch of the footage they showed last night of Shannon disrespecting Kristen, a lot of it was not on last season and I found that funny.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

- Shannon left UJ to form her own company and/or social media brand, which is stupid if she's no longer going to be on the show. The exposure is undoubtedly what gave her the power to leave, but once she's no longer on TV who the hell will care about her?

Plus she's shown herself to be less than reliable with a shitty attitude and no work ethic.  Who the hell would hire her?

I'm one that adores Kristin and finds Jay surprisingly funny. I'm in for the long haul.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I do have to say it was interesting that Kristen did fire Shannon and that the show allowed that. Shannon at least brings some sort of conflict(maybe another cast member will, but Kristen doesn’t get any from Regan and Brittany for the most part) and I would think the show would want to keep her around. Although a bunch of the footage they showed last night of Shannon disrespecting Kristen, a lot of it was not on last season and I found that funny.

I found it surprising that they dragged it out as long as they did, and that the other coworkers seemed “shocked” that Shannon was fired. I get that this is TV, but do none of these people understand you need to actually work to keep your job? It has nothing to do with friendships (or shouldn’t). 

Kelly makes no sense on this show. Neither does Stone. Somehow he looks worse this season than last, after trying to clean himself up (he just always looks sweaty and like his skin is falling off his body). 

The llama was cute. Just show more farm animals. 

• Love 4

Also caught another, “I gave up my life for your career!” From Kristin on the previews. Please. She saw a rich quarterback and went for him. Jay made over $100MM playing football. Kristin didn’t sacrifice a damn thing. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Also caught another, “I gave up my life for your career!” From Kristin on the previews. Please. She saw a rich quarterback and went for him. Jay made over $100MM playing football. Kristin didn’t sacrifice a damn thing. 

While Jay was still playing football, Kristin was designing shoes for ChineseLaundry, was part owner of another jewelry line and wrote a cookbook, while starting a family, with the occasional appearance on awards shows for E!.  She still had a life, just a different one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

While Jay was still playing football, Kristin was designing shoes for ChineseLaundry, was part owner of another jewelry line and wrote a cookbook, while starting a family, with the occasional appearance on awards shows for E!.  She still had a life, just a different one.

You know most of those “celebrity” endeavors are probably fake, right? Companies pay celebs to attach their name and likeness to things and say their “owners” or “designers” or “writers”. I doubt she actually wrote a book, most likely sat down with a ghost writer a few times who asked about her favorite foods. Same with the “shoe design”, she probably just looked at a bunch of different shoes and picked the ones she liked. Kristin has never given the impression that she actually does any real work. Meanwhile her husband made enough money to support their family for generations. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I hate that Uncommon James is apparently doing well.  From what we see on the show of Kristin's business acumen, just seems extremely undeserved.  Kristin doesn't appear to be a hard worker, in any way innovative or creative design-wise, to have a great business sense or be a competent boss. 

It took her a long time to fire incompetent Shannon.  True, probably kept her around for the reality show drama, but it is what she is showing and having Shannon stay on makes Kristin look bad.  Shannon, as an employee who made many mistakes at her job, didn't appear to work very hard and was disrespectful, should have been fired immediately.  That it took so much time makes Kristin look weak.  Once she fired Shannon, her informing of the rest of the workers was awful as well.  Should have been used as a teaching moment not to put fear into competent workers. 

In addition, as the whole company advertising seems to be free social media based, wouldn't it make sense to have more than one lone individual in charge of social media in the first place, so that you weren't dependent on one person?  What are those other 50 some odd people doing besides sitting in front of computer screens looking like zombies?  If, as Kristin suggests, her brand is dependent on Facebook and Pinterest etc., maybe devoting an employee solely to each platform would be a good idea once the company grew. 

I was online at Nordstom and saw UJ available there.  Browsed through the whole brand and saw nothing particularly special about any of it.  Her success has to be based on her name/fame; I see nothing else positive about UJ that should lead to any real success.

Kelly is full of herself and thinks she is a way better catch then she comes off on the show at least.

Stone is just yuck.  He actually came off worse in this episode, not better then last season.

Loved the name dropping/appearances of actual famous people-Tim McGraw and Luke Bryan in particular

Still don't like Kristin.  Think she is very smug and full of herself; someone who thinks too highly of her worth and looks down on others, including her own spouse and her employees (i.e. anyone not Kelly).  Her attitude toward others does not make her very likeable.  She is ultimately a successful mean girl.  Still hate watching every episode though. 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Still don't like Kristin.  Think she is very smug and full of herself; someone who thinks too highly of her worth and looks down on others, including her own spouse and her employees (i.e. anyone not Kelly).  Her attitude toward others does not make her very likeable.  She is ultimately a successful mean girl.  Still hate watching every episode though. 

same here.  she still has that high-school affectation of laughing at everything that annoys me to no end.

I kind of wish her kids *were* on the show, though;  hopefully she's sweeter to them.  I feel like she'd be more likeable that way.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, teapot said:

same here.  she still has that high-school affectation of laughing at everything that annoys me to no end.

I kind of wish her kids *were* on the show, though;  hopefully she's sweeter to them.  I feel like she'd be more likeable that way.

I’m sure she’ll prop them out there if the ratings drop and E tells her to. Unless Jay really puts his foot down and doesn’t want it. But Kristin might divorce Jay rather than give up her fame, so eventually you’ll see the kids. 

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, teapot said:

I thought Kristen was fun on laguna beach but I was also young too, plus I often wondered if her behavior was because te producers kind of played her with her emotions and stuff. I hated her when she came on the hills mostly because it was clear it was all forced and an act and I didn’t get it. 

Here I just find her kind of boring, apparently I’m alone in thinking the store is boring, like we’re watching people work at a retail store and work on sending out orders. Nothing about that is compelling or exciting.  The most drama she had was the blow up in the season finale that the show teased for weeks before it was shown and that was about the orders getting messed up online or something. And it turns out it wasn’t anyone who worked there’s real

fault, it was a glitch or something I mean yeah that sucks but it was not all that exciting at all when you think about it.

Also I think uncommon James the store will be around as long as the show is around. People like the idea of possibly seeing Kristen or someone from the show. Hell Kristen even said it “regan is still here people love seeing her!” 

On the kids not being on the show she keeps saying she wants her kids to decide for themselves if or when they want to be on the show.. does she think the show is going to

go on until her kids are able to make that decision? I’m not saying she’s wrong in her choice but her kids are super young and not even close to that age when they will be able to make that decision or old enough to understand. Am I wrong in this?

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

I can't believe this show got a second season. I only made it through the first half of the series premiere and shut it off. As soon as I heard that Kristin would be focusing on her store, and that her personal life wouldn't be that prominently featured, I figured it would be super boring. I watched long enough for a Jay sighting and then gave up. And I don't even like Jay Cutler but I was so curious to see the two of them interact together.

I've seen a few interviews with Kristin over the years and I can't decide what to think about her. Sometimes she actually comes off as really likeable and self deprecating, and then sometimes she just seems obnoxious. When Laguna Beach was airing back in 2004, a few posters from TWOP claimed to be classmates of hers (I say claim because I have no way to verify it as the truth, but I can't really see why anyone would lie about it so I am thinking it was legit) who said she was actually a really nice person, and, absolutely shocking for a 16-17 year old girl, totally comfortable with herself and honestly did not care if people liked her or not. I was so jealous because at that time I was 21 and could not say that about myself. I watched her first season of Laguna Beach and thought she did seem self confident without being arrogant.

Then I think her mid 2000s rise to some level of fame did change her to where she did seem arrogant. Then I stopped being impressed with her. Now though, watching her, she just seems sad. I think Jay seems controlling and bossy, and Kristin seems like she's desperately trying to fit several different molds (fashion mogul, a Gwyneth Paltrow-esque lifestyle persona, a stay at home domestic goddess- which I think is for Jay's benefit only) and none of these are who she is.  Plus, I think she still wants to keep the door open for any acting/modeling/TV hosting job that could potentially come along. I don't think she seems secure at all anymore, which used to be her most impressive quality (to me, anyways).

• Love 4
On 3/7/2019 at 3:38 AM, Bazinga said:

Kelly is full of herself and thinks she is a way better catch then she comes off on the show at least.

What gets me is that she IS a good catch. She's apparently a stylist for big-time Nashville musicians? So: great job, clearly well-off,  great hair (though it would look great shoulder-length), nice figure. So why does she drive me bananas? It makes me feel guilty. Tonight's episode had sooo much Kelly that I FFed much of it. I did snort at her making Pip's baby news all about herself.

As always, the workplace stuff is interesting. Ten orders a week going out empty and/or damaged? Yeah, heads should be rolling. I get that repetitive work can put your mind on autopilot and you zone out as a result, but that's unacceptable. I don't know what the solution is, unless people weren't properly trained, or too many people have their hands in the pot, and then that would explain it. I also think Brittainy may be wearing too many hats, because stuff is slipping by her. And maybe her employees don't feel comfortable confiding in her when there's a problem, which is a huge issue.

I noticed Colby last season because I think she's a stunner, but she comes off as somewhat dull. I don't miss Shannon's attention whoring and general histrionics, though. It's too bad that she gained somewhat of an online platform as a reward for being a shitty employee.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 1

This is the first time I actually liked the buisness stuff. Maybe because this time there was an actual real issue that people working there messed up. Also maybe because Kristen’s photo shoot with her friends wasn’t that fun to watch. 

I don’t think it’s britttanys fault if people aren’t telling her, that’s on them,. Like she said she can’t fix a problem if she doesn’t know there is one, it’s the people in shipping problem. I liked her big speech about how this really reflects on Kristen because it’s her company and people will talk about that. I think she handled it as best as he could with Kristen being out in California and not knowing what’s going on.

They should fire the two people in head of shipping that they showed tonight(I forgot their names) as they seemed totally confused by this whole ordeal and lost on what to do.

I mostly fast forwarded though this episode. 

I hope they get pepper back safety! 

• Love 2

Kelly might look like a catch on paper, but—at least from what we've seen on the show—she's vapid, self-absorbed, weirdly stunted from a relationship perspective, has an annoying stoner laugh...and we're only seeing edited footage of her. An entire conversation with her must be excruciating. I can imagine a lot of guys passing on a second date, especially anybody looking for anything serious.

I kind of liked Pip in the brief scenes we got of her. Can we ditch Kelly and upgrade? Given the stage of life Kristin's at anyway, it'd make more sense if her obligatory onscreen friend is somebody who's becoming a parent rather than a 30-something airhead who can't sort out her dating life.

The funny thing is that I'm starting to think Kelly would be a better match for Stone than the more ambitious Brittainy. Independent of the fact that Stone and Kelly are the two biggest dead weights in the cast and would pretty much deserve each other.

If this were real life, Kristin would probably just lay waste to the shipping department, because it can't be that hard to find reasonably telegenic people with retail experience and a decent work ethic in a city the size of Nashville. But then I suppose we wouldn't have an arc for the show.

• Love 4

I feel like this latest episode was just an attempt to distract from the fact Kristen’s company is a sham and sucks. We kept hearing Brittany prattle on about shipping making her look bad, freaking out talking to Kristen, going over taking pictures for some manual. She never even figured out who was or what was responsible for the errors. If empty boxes are being shipped from your store, find the person responsible and fire him. It’s not that complicated. 

Kelly is exhausting, but that’s not the main reason to get her off the show. I’m finding that Kristen shrieks and cackles whenever she’s around her, and thinks everything they do is hilarious. 

Really I just want more of Jay and Chuy hanging out on the farm. 

• Love 5

The interviews with Kristen and Kelly drive me insane. They both laugh too hard at everything, it just seems so forced. The guy asked if she was still single and they acted like it was the funniest thing they ever heard. Wtf. I want what they are smoking. 

• Love 7

It's interesting how much was unaired from last season that is being shown now. The whole saga of Kaylee as store manager could have been a good storyline last season. I'm a bit surprised that she was let go without Kristin's input. After seeing the lot of vapid employees screwing around in the warehouse, I'd have kept her in the first place and started from scratch with the others.

Having said that, I've had managers who micromanaged to the point where people made major mistakes because of the added scrutiny, so there's pros and cons. But the entire band of UJ girls really get on my nerves sans Brittainy, so I'm Team Kaylee for now. I don't give a damn what the UJ employees think. Also I wish Colby had remained window dressing as opposed to becoming a main character. When Kelly is the voice of reason, you know you've gone off the rails.

Nothing says professional like sending your husband in to do your dirty work.

Who told Reagan that that purple shirt she's wearing in all her interviews was a good idea?

Can someone buy these people a pocket dictionary so they can stop their misuse of the word "literally?"

• Love 5