Type keyword(s) to search

Very Cavallari - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Holy shit this is boring. Literally sitting here wondering how they are stretching this dreary bullshit out for an hour.

Interviewing basic white chicks fangirling over “Laguna Beach”/“The Hills.” This should’ve been an interesting, funny segment. Yet it wasn’t. Why are all these people so painfully devoid of any charisma?

Jay once again mumbles and grumbles in his every scene. I’ve literally never seen someone act so oddly casual over the idea of buying a huge new house. I’ve seen more excitement over someone buying a pair of socks! Comon man, what’s wrong with you? Do you even know how to smile??

Manbun was once a fat kid. Manbun bought a nice new house and has a nice new car. Manbun dates a former classmate who lives in Atlanta. Manbun supposedly gives all the chicks on this show raging cases of panty pudding. I officially know way too much about Manbun now and am ashamed of myself. 

”Lisa Vanderpump would never do this...” bitch please, you *wish* you had even an ounce of Vanderpump’s fabulousness! Proof positive that these morons are trying((and failing)) to create some “Vanderpump Rules” style magic.

Needs more goats. I fucking adore goats. Those goats had more personality than everyone on this entire cast. And are way cuter, I might add. Probably smarter even!

• Love 8

I may be the one person in America who has always loved Jay and I'm all in on this show for season 1. Jay is clearly aware of the cameras and Kristin's "on-air" personality (I loved when he asked her in the pilot why she was so dressed up and she said for work... in her home. He was clearly ribbing her because I doubt that was her work from home look pre-show) and he just has one personality always. 

I fear by season 2 they'll have staged him way too much but I'm going to enjoy it now. 

• Love 10

I'm developing an irrational dislike of Reagan. I can't quite pinpoint why. It started last week when she told Brittainy, her boss, to take a chill pill when Shannon was having a fit. And describing herself at least twice as the blond with the big tits, which don't even look that big. The fact that Kristen loves her personality so much makes me actually think less of Kristen, and I didn't think that was possible. She seems dumb and mean, which is not a nice combo.

• Love 5
(edited)

Eh. I’m sorry I can’t get behind liking Jay. And for me it’s two things: either he’s just this type of person who seems openly rude or he’s playing this behavior up and that’s not a good look either.

Honestly.. no one on this show is coming off well to me. 

I really wish there was more to watch on tv on a Sunday so I would not watch this.But it’s the summer and it’s slim pickings.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5

The show is basically dumb, shallow idiots arguing about perceived slights, punctuated by Kristen firmly stating that, "you guys, I'm RUNNING a business here, okay?!!" I watch it when I'm working out or I don't think I could get through it. The goats in pajamas were super cute though.

• Love 8
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Soobs said:

The show is basically dumb, shallow idiots arguing about perceived slights, punctuated by Kristen firmly stating that, "you guys, I'm RUNNING a business here, okay?!!" I watch it when I'm working out or I don't think I could get through it. The goats in pajamas were super cute though.

Seriously. That’s like the only thing Kristen does on this show, almost anything she says will be finished with “it’s my business or store” or something. 

Also yes I co-sign with everyone else.. more goats were needed.

Also this show is making me understand why Lauren Conrad’s tv show about her clothing line and other endeavors that she was going to do was not picked up (see this Lauren Conrad unaired )and like I like Kristen I like Lauren too but I feel like it would have been boring. Case in point another Hills Star audrinas show was boring as well, maybe because it was focused on her family. I feel like these people worked well within the hills/Laguna Beach element, not anything else. 

Also yeah while later on we now know that mtv clearly played them a few times to get the footage for the show that they wanted, that’s probably part of the problem now too. Now these people either really want to play the game for the show or refuse to play the game and the show is boring.

I think Kristen is a bit of a both. I think she’s half playing the game by being a #girlboss or whatever but she’s also playing the game by not being so in this show. Like I’ve said, she feels like a supporting character who doesn’t really move the stories forward as much as her employees do, so Kristen isn’t really affected by it because she’s far removed from it and yeah she has every right to do this now. She’s an adult. And I now she was hurt by the way mtv protroyed her when she was younger, but still.. she’s playing a game. And I think jay might be as well. Maybe her employees are as well but I don’t think so.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

I watched an interview Kristen did on the Wendy Williams Show and she specifically said this show was not about airing her dirty laundry and that she was relying on her employees to keep up the drama. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I watched an interview Kristen did on the Wendy Williams Show and she specifically said this show was not about airing her dirty laundry and that she was relying on her employees to keep up the drama. 

She seriously needs to hire new employees then. Or find some other local “mactors” who are a little more messy and...interesting.

• Love 2

I think she said it this episode, she aspires to be Lisa Vanderpump. 

The key is that a lot of people, like me, are tuning in to see her (& Jay). Will they be interested the lives of her workers?  So far, I'll say no, but I also hated Vanderpump Rules at first yet I'm still watching six year later and it probably my favorite cast at the moment.

I will say this, they need some more attractive dudes, Manbun, the country music guys are not going to be enough.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I think she said it this episode, she aspires to be Lisa Vanderpump. 

The key is that a lot of people, like me, are tuning in to see her (& Jay). Will they be interested the lives of her workers?  So far, I'll say no, but I also hated Vanderpump Rules at first yet I'm still watching six year later and it probably my favorite cast at the moment.

I will say this, they need some more attractive dudes, Manbun, the country music guys are not going to be enough.

Yeah but something about the Vanderpump Rules cast is interesting. No one who works for Kristen is. I can’t even remember their names.

Also i don’t really get Kristen as a boss. I’m sorry but I don’t feel it- it’s why I call it #girlboss, because it feels like such a farce.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

So I had to run an errand today in the area and walked about a block or so over to finally see Uncommon James for myself.

Folks...it’s a very stupid store. Twee hipster minimalist Cali-mommy bullshit. I really came in there with an open mind, but it just makes NO sense and has way too little stuff in way too big of a space. And Kristen’s photos are hanging evvvvvvverywhere; kinda made me uncomfortable, actually. 

One part is a small smattering of overpriced baby clothes. The middle part is random hipster cooking items and cups—-copper and wood and stone on a small table in the middle. The last part is a tiny dose of bland clothes, candles and her jewelry. Her very boring jewelry. The prices weren’t awful on her jewelry, but it was so bland and basic and uninspiring that I didn’t care about any of it. She’s really into a v-shape in all her necklaces and earrings.

The only ones among the crew working there was some really nice gal who greeted me and the bland blonde chick from the show, who showed me a few prices on the jewelry. I forget her name...the judgmental one who fought with the toothy redhead last episode. She reminds me of a plainer version of Arianna from VR—-like most reality show folks, she’s better looking and smaller in person.

And that’s all I’ve got! Oh and that the visit was a perfectly pointless waste of my time and energy, just like this show and posting about it; I seriously don’t see that pathetic shop staying in business.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
25 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Kristen is quoted as saying it would be good for bachelorette parties...um, who wants to look at baby clothes when you're about to get married? 

Maybe the knocked up hick brides. And I can assure you, they wouldn’t be going *there* for their baby clothes.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

So I had to run an errand today in the area and walked about a block or so over to finally see Uncommon James for myself.

Folks...it’s a very stupid store. Twee hipster minimalist Cali-mommy bullshit. I really came in there with an open mind, but it just makes NO sense and has way too little stuff in way too big of a space. And Kristen’s photos are hanging evvvvvvverywhere; kinda made me uncomfortable, actually. 

One part is a small smattering of overpriced baby clothes. The middle part is random hipster cooking items and cups—-copper and wood and stone on a small table in the middle. The last part is a tiny dose of bland clothes, candles and her jewelry. Her very boring jewelry. The prices weren’t awful on her jewelry, but it was so bland and basic and uninspiring that I didn’t care about any of it. She’s really into a v-shape in all her necklaces and earrings.

The only ones among the crew working there was some really nice gal who greeted me and the bland blonde chick from the show, who showed me a few prices on the jewelry. I forget her name...the judgmental one who fought with the toothy redhead last episode. She reminds me of a plainer version of Arianna from VR—-like most reality show folks, she’s better looking and smaller in person.

And that’s all I’ve got! Oh and that the visit was a perfectly pointless waste of my time and energy, just like this show and posting about it; I seriously don’t see that pathetic shop staying in business.

Huh. I mean.. that’s what gets me so confused. I get that Kristen wants to be everything but that’s an odd mix to me of items. Like it’s so random. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Brittainy lost some points with me for telling Taylor she was hired without Kristin knowing, without interviewing her, and without seeing her resume. Her boyfriend was totally right. I'm sure this is all drama for the show, but I would have refused to look so unprofessional on camera, since it's clear Taylor was probably going to be hired all along.

Anyone the redhead recommends would be an automatic no from me. However, I was on her side with Reagan, who seemed out of line. All these constant fights about who has authority over who - that's a huge mistake on the part of the "Girl Boss"

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Brittainy lost some points with me for telling Taylor she was hired without Kristin knowing, without interviewing her, and without seeing her resume. Her boyfriend was totally right. I'm sure this is all drama for the show, but I would have refused to look so unprofessional on camera, since it's clear Taylor was probably going to be hired all along.

Anyone the redhead recommends would be an automatic no from me. However, I was on her side with Reagan, who seemed out of line. All these constant fights about who has authority over who - that's a huge mistake on the part of the "Girl Boss"

I think Kristen is doing a great disservice to her employees by not setting up a clear and concise chain of command so to speak. Kristen is at the top, obviously, and it would appear Britt is right below her with everyone else on the same tier. But Shannon has seniority and honestly should be her own kind of manager tier with Britt (I refuse to spell her name because of how stupid it looks). Under Britt should be Reagan, Wirth and whoever else they hire hourly. Under Shannon should be Taylor (model), Cleave (photo)...etc. If she's the social media person, then she should oversee those people. 

Hopefully once the store is up and running there will be less crossover and people can focus on the jobs they have because otherwise every episode is going to be the same plot different people and that gets old af real fast. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Hopefully once the store is up and running there will be less crossover and people can focus on the jobs they have because otherwise every episode is going to be the same plot different people and that gets old af real fast. 

Meh, I’m not too worried because this shop won’t last long anyway.

• Love 3

It's too bad they don't just bring back Kristen's friends from Laguna and just do a mini reunion. I even remember her sitting with her two girlfriends talking about their futures and they thought the blond would open her own boutique. Would be cool to see them show up again, and way more interesting than this group of airheads. But I'm sure those two women have their own lives, not in Nashville. 

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

It's too bad they don't just bring back Kristen's friends from Laguna and just do a mini reunion. I even remember her sitting with her two girlfriends talking about their futures and they thought the blond would open her own boutique. Would be cool to see them show up again, and way more interesting than this group of airheads. But I'm sure those two women have their own lives, not in Nashville. 

Apparently there was talk of a Hills reunion but Heidi and Spencer have a contract with another network that didn’t allow it at this time. And as much as I dislike spedi I cannot deny them being a big part of the show and needing to be there. Case in point two years ago, mtv did a sort of 10 years anniversary and only had Lauren on it. It was kind of boring because of this. I mean I understood she was the narrator and main cast member but there were three(four and random recurring cast members) girls who things to talk about. Granted Lauren probably

would not have done this special if others had been involved but still.

A laguna beach reunion I think would be more fun than a Hills one actually. With both season 1 and 2 casts. I’m just not sure who would all do it. A lot of them aren’t in the entertainment world anymore, aside from Lauren, Kristen, and Stephen, I don’t see much of them  doing celeb stuff on social media.and I follow them and most of their social media stuff is just regular peoplenstuff ans I think they prefer it that way. 

But again.. this show isn’t good. For various reasons I have to keep staring. One Kristen doesn’t want to be manipulated like she was as a teenager which understandable and she dose not want to play the role that she chose to play when she went on The Hills.. which again understandable but she’s so protective of the image now that she’s just not all that interesting. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 8
(edited)

Packer fan here - Yeah.. Jay is painful to watch. I get he was in the NFL for 12 years and yes he deserves his rest, peace and quiet.. He seems so happy to be first in the carpool pick-up lane... WOW... that's his daily ambition - pray tell - what happens when school gets out...

this has to be a shock to their relationship.  I wonder did they discuss, as husband and wife, what he plans to do or not do post-NFL. Vandy can't put him on the payroll doing something ?

Nashville is a great city. Fond of the place myself.. but if Jay's only reason to move there was because he went to Vandy...kinda sounds like he is trying to relive the good old college days.. But do they really cruise/walkaround around like he did in college ? One of his pastimes is to watch deer on someone's property via security webcam? Sounds like they are very cautious and don't want to been seen in public - they made some kind of comment to that effect at dinner as to why there were in a pvt dining room.

Maybe Farve, Rodgers, Payton, and Gronk (with  endless commercials - some hilarious), Deion (analyst, shows, personality),  Kroy , or Rodney Peete (reality shows) can give him a few pointers in being in front of the camera.  I'm trying to remember which scene from the 1st or 2nd episode but the man looked like he really did not give a damn.

Is he physically ok? I mean the QB does take some hits now....

RE: Kristen - ok I must have been in a bubble. what night/channel did  Laguna and Hills come on ? I do like the earrings she was wearing. I found a pair at one department store online - a little pricey for my earring budget . ( link )

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
On 7/27/2018 at 6:29 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Apparently there was talk of a Hills reunion but Heidi and Spencer have a contract with another network that didn’t allow it at this time. And as much as I dislike spedi I cannot deny them being a big part of the show and needing to be there. Case in point two years ago, mtv did a sort of 10 years anniversary and only had Lauren on it. It was kind of boring because of this. I mean I understood she was the narrator and main cast member but there were three(four and random recurring cast members) girls who things to talk about. Granted Lauren probably

would not have done this special if others had been involved but still.

A laguna beach reunion I think would be more fun than a Hills one actually. With both season 1 and 2 casts. I’m just not sure who would all do it. A lot of them aren’t in the entertainment world anymore, aside from Lauren, Kristen, and Stephen, I don’t see much of them  doing celeb stuff on social media.and I follow them and most of their social media stuff is just regular peoplenstuff ans I think they prefer it that way. 

But again.. this show isn’t good. For various reasons I have to keep staring. One Kristen doesn’t want to be manipulated like she was as a teenager which understandable and she dose not want to play the role that she chose to play when she went on The Hills.. which again understandable but she’s so protective of the image now that she’s just not all that interesting. 

Interesting. I had to the opposite feeling. I didn't see her on the Hills, but I watch this show thinking "Laguna" Kristen would cringe at "Very" Kristen and these storylines. She'd definitely think the stuff in the store is lame, and she'd look at her interactions with Jay and see a pushover. Jay doesn't even act like they're married, and Kristen just keeps talking herself into believing he's there for her. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Interesting. I had to the opposite feeling. I didn't see her on the Hills, but I watch this show thinking "Laguna" Kristen would cringe at "Very" Kristen and these storylines. She'd definitely think the stuff in the store is lame, and she'd look at her interactions with Jay and see a pushover. Jay doesn't even act like they're married, and Kristen just keeps talking herself into believing he's there for her. 

Oh I agree. Younger Kristen probably wouldn’t like older Kristen but now she believes she has a brand and an image she wants to keep. Younger Kristen didn’t seem to care. Even Hills Kristen didn’t care but then again when she went to the hills as I said she was very open and clear that she was playing the Bitch character. (To an extent, I know in the final season of the hills, the producers went to other cast members and had them talk about Kristen having a drug problem and in exchange the girls were given designer bags or told they would be given bags but Kristen was really angry about it).

eta a few hours : But I do think Kristen was manipulated in a way during Laguna. I know she had stated that the producers had Lauren and Stephen go out on date like things and then shoot scenes with Kristen and a friend and be like “how do you feel about Stephen and Lauren hanging out last night?” And I remember seeing things before she started her stint on the hills and she didn’t even try to pretend it would be real. She was pretty much like “I’m treating this like a (acting) job”. 

But I think she feels now she’s a mother and she’s a business woman and she’s a boss and she’s “running a business!” So she’s not laguna beach/the hills Kristen.

And I don’t get her relationship with Jay either. They don’t seem to like each other. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

I remember way back when, she said she wanted to act.  I remember she did make a movie, can't remember the name.  I saw part of it, she wasn't horrible.  Solid B movie acting. At least she exceeded my expectations enough for me to have a positive reaction. And imo Laguna Kristin > The Hills Kristin

• Love 3
12 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

And I don’t get her relationship with Jay either. They don’t seem to like each other. 

I don't see this at all.  I see them with a playful witty banter which is way more entertaining than a shmoopy "I love you so much" act would be to watch.  I also think that Jay's just getting used to the cameras so he's probably more quiet & reserved than usual.

19 minutes ago, Wicked said:

remember way back when, she said she wanted to act.  I remember she did make a movie, can't remember the name.  I saw part of it, she wasn't horrible.  Solid B movie acting. At least she exceeded my expectations enough for me to have a positive reaction. And imo Laguna Kristin > The Hills Kristin

She actually appeared in a couple movies, her acting skills IMO were far from great.  She has, however, done a ton of hosting (primarily on E) and that's where she really shines.

I will say that the store seems really big for her jewelry/household goods.  I pictured something a lot smaller, more boutique like. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, snarts said:

I don't see this at all.  I see them with a playful witty banter which is way more entertaining than a shmoopy "I love you so much" act would be to watch.  I also think that Jay's just getting used to the cameras so he's probably more quiet & reserved than usual.

She actually appeared in a couple movies, her acting skills IMO were far from great.  She has, however, done a ton of hosting (primarily on E) and that's where she really shines.

I will say that the store seems really big for her jewelry/household goods.  I pictured something a lot smaller, more boutique like. 

We all have different opinions on what we see. To me she just seems annoyed by him and to be honest I justify don’t like him. I think he’s kind of rude. But that’s just me. And know sorry not being comfortable in front of the cameras isn’t good enough for his not even be able to say hello to people when they say it to him. Sorry, manners. Whatever. And I don’t need people to be “I’m so in love “ either, that rings fake I agree but Kristen just seems annoyed.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

Disclaimer: I was exceedingly grumpy for this entire episode.

Kristin's best friend annoys the hell out of me. I don't know why I'm supposed to give a shit about her and the Canadian. It has nothing to do with the business, and Kristin's interactions with her come off as so fake. In a show full of people for whom it is difficult to care about, she tops the list for me.

At least the redhead makes the show interesting by riling up the other workers. Her friend who interviewed is a total airhead who follows her every whim. Of COURSE you shouldn't say you don't like retail when interviewing for a retail job. How old is this girl? Her interview was terrible. Redhead's coaching was shit. Her friend really twisted Kristin's words to her in the car afterward, though. No wonder Shannon went off. One of Kristin's truly wise decisions was not hiring the shit stirrer friend.

I'd have fired the lot of them and started over, if the show TRULY is indicative of how they all act. Too much petty drama. It's hard to work with people you dislike. I really get that. But then you grit your teeth, keep your head down, and do it. And then complain to your friends in private like everyone else. And/or quit.

Having seen Kristin in high school on Laguna Beach, it's kind of hard for me to take her seriously as a boss all these years later. She comes off as trying too hard to be a #girlboss. A true boss would have hired legit professionals, for one thing. And made a clear hierarchy so the staff doesn't keep constantly squabbling about who reports to who. And I don't know that having a physical store is a good idea. Retail is dying, and I'm sure it would be cheaper to just sell everything online. I don't see the store lasting long.

• Love 8
(edited)

Oh god, each episode seems to grow progressively worse each week! And this is coming from someone who also hate-watches “Southern Charm Savannah”, mind you.

It was vaguely interesting to see that Kristen’s “friend”/basic brunette #3((seriously, why do all those chicks look alike? No style/substance/personality and long straight brown hair...zzzzz....)) supposedly lives in my neighborhood. Also predictable that her Canadian online booty call stayed in an AirB&B in the area. For the record, all of us longtime residents in the neighborhood *loathe* those big modern AirB&B houses and are currently fighting to get them tossed from the area due to noise/zoning issues. 5th & Taylor happens to be a favorite restaurant of mine in the hood, so I was glad to see them featured, at least.

Also, she and Canadian dude acted like awkward, chemistry-devoid zombies the entire time they were onscreen...”It’s soooo crazy that you’re herrrreee...” “Yeahhhh, I came just for youuuu...” And oh-so-chastely lying in bed together the next morning with basic bitch claiming nothing happened...ZZZZZzzzz...yeah, they were either very nervous or very stoned or just not into each other...or I’m guessing a mixture of all that combined with low intellects. 

Speaking of low intellects, can ALL these girls, like, Kristen included, just like stop with saying “like” every time they say more than like three lines onscreen? Also, the boring blonde chick Reagan can just stop right now with her monotone vocal fry. Listening to get drone on and on to her mom about her “big job” was like nails on chalkboard to me.

All the girls supposedly creaming their panties over a retail job paying $10-15 hourly...dear lord, WHY? At least at SUR the gals would be getting tips/exposure...what’s the allure here?

Boring Brunette #2/Toothy Redhead Shannon’s friend...girl, you seriously need to learn how to professionally interview. And you would never say “Because working here would be FUN!” as a reason for wanting to work somewhere. And Shannon, either just own your drama queen role on this show or shutup—-the near-weepy, whiney monologues are getting old. And then the desperate attempts at humor in her and redhead’s taking heads together...tee-hee-heeee, we’re just SO goshdarned cute and funny, tee-hee-heeee!!! Ugh...Nope.

I was actually missing the generic dudebros and rich man-bun Wirth. And Jay continues to suck.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Kristin's best friend annoys the hell out of me. I don't know why I'm supposed to give a shit about her and the Canadian. It has nothing to do with the business, and Kristin's interactions with her come off as so fake. In a show full of people for whom it is difficult to care about, she tops the list for me.

At least the redhead makes the show interesting by riling up the other workers. Her friend who interviewed is a total airhead who follows her every whim. Of COURSE you shouldn't say you don't like retail when interviewing for a retail job. How old is this girl? Her interview was terrible. Redhead's coaching was shit. Her friend really twisted Kristin's words to her in the car afterward, though. No wonder Shannon went off. One of Kristin's truly wise decisions was not hiring the shit stirrer friend.

I'd have fired the lot of them and started over, if the show TRULY is indicative of how they all act. Too much petty drama. It's hard to work with people you dislike. I really get that. But then you grit your teeth, keep your head down, and do it. And then complain to your friends in private like everyone else. And/or quit.

Having seen Kristin in high school on Laguna Beach, it's kind of hard for me to take her seriously as a boss all these years later. She comes off as trying too hard to be a #girlboss. A true boss would have hired legit professionals, for one thing. And made a clear hierarchy so the staff doesn't keep constantly squabbling about who reports to who. And I don't know that having a physical store is a good idea. Retail is dying, and I'm sure it would be cheaper to just sell everything online. I don't see the store lasting long.

I love that someone else is using the #girlboss in regards to Kristen!!! It makes me smile! 

But yeah I can’t take this seriously. Even though the problem is that this is a serious show. We really are seeing the inner workings of a retail store, and Kristen working on the brand and taking photos. It’s boring.  

I mean on  Vanderpump Rules we don’t spend that much time dealing with actual restaurant stuff and when we do, it’s like for a second before someone asks someone if they can go out in the back ally and start yelling about something that has nothing to do with work! I feel like the most time we spend at Sur is doing Pride week and that’s only because it’s pride week and they’re all partying at work during that time anyway. Watching people work at a retail store is boring.

And yeah it seems like redhead girl is the only one who knows she’s on a reality show with her trying to stir thing up but she isn’t compelling at all in this show or even a good stirrer up person.

This show is hard to watch.

• Love 4
On 7/27/2018 at 12:29 PM, Stan39 said:

YESSSS it was her, Alex and Jessica!  I would love for them to visit, and have them on the show.  I remember some recapper called Alex "Roz" and that still cracks me up.  

I saw a picture of the other Alex, the ugly one who looked like Khloe Kardashian, and she has a whole new face!  

13 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Uuugh agreed.  I don't particularly like her, not sure why I would care who she dates.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

YESSSS it was her, Alex and Jessica!  I would love for them to visit, and have them on the show.  I remember some recapper called Alex "Roz" and that still cracks me up.  

I saw a picture of the other Alex, the ugly one who looked like Khloe Kardashian, and she has a whole new face!  

Uuugh agreed.  I don't particularly like her, not sure why I would care who she dates.

Ahh, Alex and Jessica! Thank you! I couldn't remember their names and was too lazy to look them up. 

I'll give Shannon some credit this episode, because I can see where she'd feel threatened after what Taylor told her. That WOULD be tough to go to work everyday thinking your boss doesn't like your work and your coworkers don't like you. I actually think she handled herself fairly well and was mature about confronting Kristen about what Taylor told her. (She's still not my favorite, but this is an improvement).

I think Taylor misrepresented the interview (she had a lot of other red flags like not being professional, not taking things seriously, and saying she was living off her dad for money). But Kristen (as the hiring manager) shouldn't have said those things about Shannon in a job interview for someone else. If you want to say you don't want to hire best friends that's fine, but I'm not sure why Kristen needs to mention Shannon's issues at that moment. The interview should have been about Taylor and not Shannon. And Shannon was right, if Kristen felt that way about her work ethic she should pull her aside and speak to her directly. Kristen claims to not want drama, but then does about the shittiest job explaining people's roles and not clearly expressing her thoughts. I remember thinking during the interview it would be a good idea for Kristen to tell Taylor that she wouldn't hire Brittainy or Reagan's best friends, either, but instead she waits until everyone is upset and confused before saying that one sentence that would have helped resolve things.

The Canadien and what's her name were lame. At first I thought it was dumb they never give him a name, but I guess if I can't remember her name then I'd probably forget his, too. Why do we care about these two? Is he actually cute? They seem to have zero chemistry together, yet she's constantly giggling. 

Did anyone else notice Reagan's "I'm sorry about the other night, because of all these terrible things you did" moment? Maybe it's a Southern thing (to just open with "I'm sorry") but she didn't really apologize about anything. Not saying she had to (though maybe she shouldn't have gone running to tell Kristen without Shannon being there to defend herself?). But at least Shannon took it in stride. 

And why do I keep watching this? There must not be anything else on TV, or I'm hoping they'll show more of Nashville. 

• Love 3

And how old is Kristen's friend that she acts like she's never been on a date before or talked to a guy? I found the constant talk about circumcision to be juvenile and inappropriate. I wonder if they'd think it was funny to hear two guys laughing about female body parts?

• Love 7
Just now, Stan39 said:

And how old is Kristen's friend that she acts like she's never been on a date before or talked to a guy? I found the constant talk about circumcision to be juvenile and inappropriate. I wonder if they'd think it was funny to hear two guys laughing about female body parts?

Seriously! Homegirl looks to be in her mid-late 30’s, yet she was acting like a giggly sexually inexperienced teenager. Maybe she actually is sexually inexperienced, especially given her confusion/amusement over uncircumcised male genitalia...and anyone who would fly their online romantic interest all the way down here from Canada and not even bother to offer up some good sex is getting some serious side-eye from me, sorry. 

• Love 3

For all of the hype about the Canadian I expected him to be smoking hot...and then he made his debut and I just shook my head. It's so awkward to watch those parks---like they don't fit. Either have a show about Uncommon James and the business or have a show with Kristen and her friends doing friend things...don't do both. It's confusing and muddy. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Kristen actually told Taylor during the interview that Shannon is a bad reference b/c of the beef going on in the office AND Taylor is a friend?

I guess small businesses are exempt from hiring/employer practices laws...

You just don't tell someone else , who is interviewing to get a job, that you . the boss, have an issue with another employee.

I would have said "thank you for your time, extended my hand, and left with my head held up high. And Shannon should have done the same, after she went back to the office - with her phone recording.  Then made an appt with a lawyer.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 7/30/2018 at 6:02 PM, sATL said:

Kristen actually told Taylor during the interview that Shannon is a bad reference b/c of the beef going on in the office AND Taylor is a friend?

I guess small businesses are exempt from hiring/employer practices laws...

You just don't tell someone else , who is interviewing to get a job, that you . the boss, have an issue with another employee.

I would have said "thank you for your time, extended my hand, and left with my head held up high. And Shannon should have done the same, after she went back to the office - with her phone recording.  Then made an appt with a lawyer.

I understand Kristen's point of view but not her delivery. It was just a bad way to conduct an interview. There was no reason for her to say that Shannon was a bad reference. She can think it, and in the end, it can impact her decision to not hire Taylor but that's not something you contemplate out loud during an interview. I think part of Kristen's approach was totally muddied by the fact that Taylor does have an existing relationship with Uncommon James and that Taylor does know all of the women and that there's a good reason to assume she also knows about the drama because of her connection to the current staff. BUT if you're calling the girl in for an official interview, none of that should bleed into the actual interview. There were so many better ways to have delivered the rejection and there's really no reason she had to do it then and there. Instead she had to host a staff meeting to clean up her mess. It seems clear to me that she's struggling asserting herself as the authority figure and that interview was her attempt at reminding everyone who the boss was. She went into that interview already pissed that the group had essentially offered Taylor the job without clearing it with her first.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I understand Kristen's point of view but not her delivery. It was just a bad way to conduct an interview. There was no reason for her to say that Shannon was a bad reference. She can think it, and in the end, it can impact her decision to not hire Taylor but that's not something you contemplate out loud during an interview. I think part of Kristen's approach was totally muddied by the fact that Taylor does have an existing relationship with Uncommon James and that Taylor does know all of the women and that there's a good reason to assume she also knows about the drama because of her connection to the current staff. BUT if you're calling the girl in for an official interview, none of that should bleed into the actual interview. There were so many better ways to have delivered the rejection and there's really no reason she had to do it then and there. Instead she had to host a staff meeting to clean up her mess. It seems clear to me that she's struggling asserting herself as the authority figure and that interview was her attempt at reminding everyone who the boss was. She went into that interview already pissed that the group had essentially offered Taylor the job without clearing it with her first.

Yeah. I feel like Kristen mentioned many other things that stated why Taylor shouldn’t work at the store. One Taylor is already connected to the store via being a model, two Kristen said she had asked Taylor to work at the store before and Taylor said no and now her reasoning is that she “thinks it’ll be a fun place to work!” And Kristen didn’t like that response and Kristen has every right to say that this workplace shouldn’t be a group hang and that she had given Taylor an opportunity before that Taylor said no to.

Instead Kristen said Shannon was a bad reference and that Shannon wouldn’t hear this and yeah.. Kristen brought this drama On herself. So when she’s sitting with Jay and drinking out of those super tall wine glasses that I really want and being all “what is happening?” Well. I mean. I shrug. Because did she really think Shannon wouldn’t freak out about Kristen calling her a bad employee? 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

Brittainy's boyfriend is one entitled mofo. Not fun to watch. She seems to have so much to offer and she's with that guy? He must be a big deal in the Nashville music world.

I'm not sure what to make of Wirth. He is clearly a plant for the show. No way would he be working there if not for the show. Also, there seems to be a level of disingenuousness to everything he says. Yet I like his scenes and think he seems decent. I bet he's a big hit with the customers at the store.

Shannon's boyfriend seems too nice for her.

Not sure I needed to know about what Jay Cutler likes to do in bed, but somehow I'm glad to hear that he's the giving type. Definitely upped his attractiveness level for me. I also thought his rolling up to the store to check on the staff was funny, and he was right about their lack of efficiency in filling the orders. I can't tell if he's funny or a douche. Probably both.

I totally expected the usual reality show fakeout with Taylor and the pregnancy test. I was genuinely surprised to see she was actually pregnant.

Next week's episode looks like a real doozy. Maybe I'm just too uptight, but no way would I party with people who worked for me.

• Love 4

I'll never understand why girls end up with guys like Brittainy's boyfriend. He must be an AMAZING musician because we haven't seen him express a single redeeming quality. He's not attractive, appears to not take very good care of himself, is selfish, condescending, arrogant, and just generally looks like a hobo with bad fashion sense (is it a thing in Nashville for men to dress awful? Because Jay dresses like an insane person, too).

Could Kristen get a couture dress made for her without her knowledge? I kind of think an Oscar dress would entail her going in for a few fittings to make sure everything fit well. She wouldn't just be pulling stuff off a rack last minute for her outfit. 

Jay is starting to grow on me. In some ways I think he's the only one aware of the stupidity of what this show is. Speaking of which, they still don't know what this show is (suddenly Taylor is an integral part of the show and we'll be following her and her pregnancy now?). 

• Love 11

This show is so stupid but I actually enjoy it. I get a lot of people strongly dislike Jay but I have a soft spot for him. Like me, he has type 1 diabetes so despite being an average football player with a sour look, I root for him. I know they will never discuss it but man, that would be awesome. I laughed a lot when he stopped by while Kristin was out of town. 

I realt enjoyed the the glimpse of Kristin talking to her kids on the phone. I think that is more of the true Kristin. I don’t know. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Brittainy's boyfriend is one entitled mofo. Not fun to watch. She seems to have so much to offer and she's with that guy? He must be a big deal in the Nashville music world.

I'm not sure what to make of Wirth. He is clearly a plant for the show. No way would he be working there if not for the show. Also, there seems to be a level of disingenuousness to everything he says. Yet I like his scenes and think he seems decent. I bet he's a big hit with the customers at the store.

Shannon's boyfriend seems too nice for her.

Not sure I needed to know about what Jay Cutler likes to do in bed, but somehow I'm glad to hear that he's the giving type. Definitely upped his attractiveness level for me. I also thought his rolling up to the store to check on the staff was funny, and he was right about their lack of efficiency in filling the orders. I can't tell if he's funny or a douche. Probably both.

I totally expected the usual reality show fakeout with Taylor and the pregnancy test. I was genuinely surprised to see she was actually pregnant.

Next week's episode looks like a real doozy. Maybe I'm just too uptight, but no way would I party with people who worked for me.

Yeah, I’m still not sure what we’re supposed to take from Kristen end her #girlboss persona she has hers. She keeps going out with her employees or to events and makes comments like “Lisa Vanderpump wouldnnever do this” and yeah.. she wouldn’t. She doesn’t. I think the only time she makes an appearance at one of the events is if it’s an something of importance like an engagement party or a wedding and even then she doesn’t stay long, or if the event is happening at her place of business she’s there. Most of the time she sends over a bottle But she would never go out to a club with them! It’s thongs like this and when she is the one to create drama by satatong Shannon isn’t a great reference to Taylor that makes me side eye her as a boss.

• Love 2

This episode was so extra. Taylor is pregnant? Okay, who cares? Girls get pregnant all the time. Kristen's in LA? Again, so what---she does a few times a year. Jay is funny and his round table with his friends reminded me of Nick Lachey and Jessica's tuna comment---like, he didn't know if she was serious because of the cameras and that is how Jay read. Like his friends were being idiots for the camera. Kristen I don't care about your sex life and one day your kids will likely watch this---think about that girl. Again, the Canadian---who cares? 

Yeah, that sums it up, who cares?

• Love 2

I am enjoying it more than I thought I would. I think a lot has to do with my love for Laguna Beach and The Hills. 

True story, I quasi adopted Kristin’s accent in my younger years and attempted her laughing at everything/who gives AF ways at one point in the Laguna days. Also maybe copied her haircut.  Whew!  Never told anyone that. I’m 8 years older than she is to add on to humiliation- but there it is  

I wish the ensemble cast was stronger.

I can’t stand Shannon.  She seems like a real bitch yet assumes an audience will find her endearing and I do not.  Like her comment about why they keep Wirth around.  I get her intent was hilarity but for me it just felt unnecessary and mean.  

A real head scratcher is us watching that average girl and average Canadian.  I was expecting an absolute 10 based on her and Ks convo and it was a guy you wouldn’t look twice at at Whole Foods.  I actually thought personality wise and humor he had promise but she crushed it with repeating “can you believe you’re here” as main talking point.  

Brittany (know not right spelling- lazy) seems to have good work ethic and I find very pretty.  It appeared she made him the all star breakfast from Waffle House yet had no paper towels (or something?) due to being too busy to grocery shop?  That was a very odd segment as well. Communication, sis, just say what you’re feeling . 

Disclosure- I know zip about the NFL (though I won 100 on Fantasy last year basing my team on looks!). But my take is he was a quarterback in the NFL- that has to be like less than one percent of aspiring players I’d assume?  I think his wife wanted to push this show for Uncommon James (gosh I still cringe at that assuming Draper James came first- you let me down K!) and maybe was against it.  In her/our accent she said E wanted to do it and forced it.

They also seem to be that couple, and by her own admission, that like to rib each other.  That would get so old, so fast to me but I can appreciate it works for others so don’t care too much if they’re happy but it’s not compelling tv for me. 

The Kristin I emulated married a guy who was lighthearted and fun :)

Edited by KnoxForPres
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Why after all these episodes does the Canadian not have a name? You'd think they'd mention it at least one time . 

I think Kristens pretty but found her prettier when she had slightly more meat on her back in the day . She's grown up and obviously is more mature than she was but I don't think she makes good reality tv anymore . There's not much spunk to her personality . 

And im sure Taylor found out she was pregnant at that exact moment .. okaaay show . 

• Love 6

I also miss the fun Kristen, the laugh at anything Kristen who would marry a fun, lighthearted guy. 

Jay looks better with facial hair - I find him good looking, but did not like the shaved look.

I will say that my husband and I are like them with the teasing, annoyance, BUT seeing them do it, I am starting to realize that it is kind of mean and I am going to try to do it less.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Why after all these episodes does the Canadian not have a name? You'd think they'd mention it at least one time .

I bet the guy doesn't want to be identified. In fact, I'd go one further and say he was hired for the show a la Brody Jenner on The Hills. It's not a real relationship. And if it is, maybe they already broke up so he doesn't want his name used.

And maybe I'm too uptight, but no way would I want a first date filmed, to say nothing of being filmed in bed the next morning. No sir.

• Love 5

I learned that Comcast OnDemand has season 5 of The Hills (just that one- weird) available and worked from yesterday solely for this reason. Yes, friends I watched all 20 eps. 

Kristin is a lot the same but she’s prettier not from youth- she very much looks the same but as said above she had a little more meat on her. She was still tiny.  Her personality was similar as well.  If we were to take aan example Jay is Justin Bobby ()has there ever been a better name?)  Hes elusive, droll, and all about number one.- and average looking and boring.  Jay is just  a hell of a lot more  successful.

i realized in my write up of the cursory friends I lacked the one who coins herself a “blonde with big boobs”.  I guess I watch too much reality tv bc I expected Kelly from OC level and I’m like- oh, yeah, half my co workers are that size. That’s how boring she is to me I can’t even remember another time she mattered. 

• Love 2

A new episode and no new comments? I see how everyone feels about this show...

I caught it on re-run in the middle of the night. I thought the whole idea to vacation was definetly a production move. I creeped Britt's insta to see she is still with Stone and that made me super sad. He is an epic douche of all douches and she's not seeing it. It's pretty typical for girls in those types of relationships to not see it, but it's sad to watch. Drunk Kristen was a mess and not at all how I'd want to see or interact with my boss. Taylor is still pregnant and I still haven't figured out how to care about it. Overall very basic...I don't want to say boring, just everything you'd expect to see and mostly uninteresting. 

Wirth is still hot though. 

• Love 4