Type keyword(s) to search

Very Cavallari - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Aw, I'll miss snarking on KC and her revolving door of drunken nobodies. At least until a year or two from now, when E! inevitably gives her a new vehicle called Starting Over or From the Ashes or some other bullshit about her being a hard-working red carpet correspondent and single mom of three navigating life and love among the Hollywood glitterati. Plus her various and progressively sadder attempts at reliving her hard-living glory days with Her Favorite People. Nothing fends off 40 like more booze and denial!

Supporting players: Justin will be newly single after Scoot finally comes to his senses and retreats to Ohio; for his part, Justin will grieve by getting even more filler in his bee-stung face and larding his hair until it's fully a foot high. Jack will still be shrieky and awful. Biegs will still have no personality. IOW, everybody Kristin needs to look interesting and witty by comparison.

Final terms of the divorce prevent her from badmouthing Jay on the show; 50/50 on whether she's still taking occasional potshots at Kelly. UJ's liquidation will get a passing mention in the first episode ("I just wanted a completely clean slate"), her kids being quietly vaccinated against COVID will not.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, PhoneCop said:

Justin will grieve by getting even more filler in his bee-stung face and larding his hair until it's fully a foot high

Well, then he can star in the live action remake of "Johnny Bravo"🤣.  I'm sure he has dark sunglasses, black tees and blue jeans.

• LOL 6

How sad she’s not going to continue to chronicle her expanding empire! 

Sign me up for Just Jay too! 
Several years ago, before Kristin there was a feature about him in ESPN magazine I think it was. They were talking to family, friends, teammates. They said he has social anxiety and the rudeness wasn’t from a mean or bad place. Which if true I understand. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Now she can focus on her true passion in life, getting cast on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. 

This. Although maybe we should tweak it and say Real Housewives of Orange County?

I honestly never ( and still don't) understand what made her a "star".  I watched the few times I did because I was hoping to understand that. She is a legend in her own mind but somehow it seems people buy into that. Jay seems like -especially back when they met- a real catch and I was always curious what about her captured his heart.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

This. Although maybe we should tweak it and say Real Housewives of Orange County?

I honestly never ( and still don't) understand what made her a "star".  I watched the few times I did because I was hoping to understand that. She is a legend in her own mind but somehow it seems people buy into that. Jay seems like -especially back when they met- a real catch and I was always curious what about her captured his heart.

I liked Kristin in the beginning. I still think she is occasionally funny, especially when she's poking fun at herself.

Jay is good looking and rich (and, as much as I hate to admit it, talented) but there is something about him I don't like. I think he wanted a hot blond size zero trophy wife who would stay with the kids and be all about his career. Which he largely got for a number of years. I got the impression he found Kristin's association with reality TV somewhat trashy. I think her "fame" propelled her to be noticed by him, but I am not sure he necessarily appreciated this. I mean, I think if a hot blond size zero non-famous Kristin existed, he would have preferred that- he just may have never met her.

I briefly watched WAGs on E! (just for a few episodes, it was so lame) and one of the wives was talking about how you basically don't have your own life. Your goals are whatever his goals are, plus to make yourself look as pretty as possible. It's like a complete 50s throwback. I know not every professional athlete has a marriage like this (and WAGs was mostly third tier athletes anyways, except for Antonio Gates), but there probably are enough out there.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I liked Kristin in the beginning. I still think she is occasionally funny, especially when she's poking fun at herself.

Jay is good looking and rich (and, as much as I hate to admit it, talented) but there is something about him I don't like. I think he wanted a hot blond size zero trophy wife who would stay with the kids and be all about his career. Which he largely got for a number of years. I got the impression he found Kristin's association with reality TV somewhat trashy. I think her "fame" propelled her to be noticed by him, but I am not sure he necessarily appreciated this. I mean, I think if a hot blond size zero non-famous Kristin existed, he would have preferred that- he just may have never met her.

I briefly watched WAGs on E! (just for a few episodes, it was so lame) and one of the wives was talking about how you basically don't have your own life. Your goals are whatever his goals are, plus to make yourself look as pretty as possible. It's like a complete 50s throwback. I know not every professional athlete has a marriage like this (and WAGs was mostly third tier athletes anyways, except for Antonio Gates), but there probably are enough out there.

I haven't followed them closely so I might have missed something, but I think he seems more down to earth and hands on in daily life to meet this exact description.  I am sure while he was busy with football she was doing most of the work with the home and children, as often happens when a spouse has a busy job.  But now that he is not playing, he seems to have no issue with just hanging out with the kids and animals at home.  He doesn't really strike me as trophy wife type.  

Edited by alexa
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I loved WAGS! Lol. But it was pretty sad. It’s all scripted, but the way women talked about themselves as objects and “getting an athlete” like a prize was really creepy and uncomfortable. 

Don’t have much sympathy for Jay. I like him better than Kristin and believe you’re right in our assessment. That being said, how many times are women attracted to men for a specific reason (dangerous job, high profile wealth generator, popular with women) then complain about that exact thing once they’re in a relationship (I don’t want to see you get hurt, you’re never home, I don’t like you being around all those women)? Jay knew what Kristin was when they met and expected her to change for him. Never works, for men or women. 

• Love 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I loved WAGS! Lol. But it was pretty sad. It’s all scripted, but the way women talked about themselves as objects and “getting an athlete” like a prize was really creepy and uncomfortable...

Shudder. I remember one of the women lecturing, now, to be a WAG, you have to be extremely hot. And not just physically attractive, but waxed/plucked/groomed/made up- like it wasn't enough to just have fortunate genetics, you had to show you were still working at it. A naturally beautiful woman who didn't get bikini waxes or fill in her eyebrows wouldn't make the cut!

And then she went on to say you need to constantly provide emotional support to your husband/boyfriend and forget having a career- you might need to move at a moment's notice, and really you can't be distracted by your own job stresses when you have his to worry about.

Anyways, back on topic. Of course, I have no way of knowing what Jay wanted. But based on the bits and pieces Kristin has said over the years- I think it was.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Kristen's finding out that she was only slightly interesting when attached to Jay. Fingers crossed that E! is inking the deal for Just Jay! soon.  

How funny would it be if Jay posted his own blurb on instagram... "after careful consideration, I WILL be continuing on with Very Cavalleri!"  

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Guess we'll have to see what happens with the finalized custody arrangement, but I'm kind of expecting Kristin to keep a primary residence in Nashville for the kids and get a pied-à-terre in LA so she can get away every other week or whatever.

Justin's in an interesting situation since Scoot clearly doesn't want to return to LA and they've set down roots in the house, but I'd wager Justin still does his biggest business out west (and is probably happier being a part of that scene). Maybe he'll just continue with the current set-up and try to build up his Nashville clientele. Unless my snark was right and things fall apart, in which case I don't see him staying a minute longer than it takes to pack up and get the house staged for sale.

• Love 7
On 5/13/2020 at 1:44 PM, TheFinalRose said:

I think it's hilarious that today's Bad Jay story is that Jay was rude to fans and friends and Kristen couldn't stand that. But in Chicago, Jay was famous for ALWAYS being rude to fans and friends ... way before Kristen came on the scene, so nice try. You are not telling us anything new.  

They both knew exactly who the other person was when they got together.  None of what has happened is a surprise to either of them.  They are just spinning it to make Jay sound bad.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:16 PM, Tatum said:

You could be right, but for the sake of her kids, I hope Kristin is not the kind of attention starved sad sack who believes that being famous for being a classless bitch who airs her dirty laundry to the public is STILL preferable to being a mature, functional nobody

All couples start off by saying "We love our children, they are our priority" to start, but then come the pitchforks and chainsaws.  It's just something generic all celebrity couples say.  If you cared about your kids that much, you wouldn't even talk about it until you were divorced and just say "It's a private matter, I won't discuss it further." and be done with it.  But how many times have we ever seen this happen?  Also, divorce brings out the worst in people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Wicked said:

She posted a pic of her and Stephen, but they are not together, just friends.

I always take booby chesty photos with my straight male friends whilst sitting on their laps.  Always!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 8/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, SarahPrtr said:

I always take booby chesty photos with my straight male friends whilst sitting on their laps.  Always!

Well, when you're a reality show star who's network has gone to shit since Covid, I guess you've got to get creative...

Also, I had a TV crush on him in 2004, and I don't think he's aging too well.

Edited by Tatum
  • LOL 3

I was watching laguna beach, season 1 and I noticed that Kristin looks really different.  Some of it is just going from teenager to adult, but there has to be some plastic surgery.  She was kind of... not good looking.  Lauren calls her “hot” right off the bat, and I’d have to disagree.

Also- she has acne!  

3D84C023-E3B2-4F2F-808A-1A0C21805F89.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I was watching laguna beach, season 1 and I noticed that Kristin looks really different.  Some of it is just going from teenager to adult, but there has to be some plastic surgery.  She was kind of... not good looking.  Lauren calls her “hot” right off the bat, and I’d have to disagree.

She was blond with a nice rack, and most guys in high school would consider that "hot".

It's possible she's had some work done, but I agree with the previous poster that she lost a lot of weight. I would peg her at around 5'3 (give or take an inch) and probably 115-120 pounds in her Laguna days, which is thin but not skinny. I'd bet she isn't even 100 pounds now. If she looks this skinny on camera, I can't even imagine how thin she is in person.

I didn't think she was "hot" in high school, per se- I think she was cute, but that was as far as I would go. I thought the rest of the girls on S1 were 'cute at best' as well. But young, blond, and reasonably thin will get you pretty far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The one thing it looks like she's had done from that picture is her eyelids.  She clearly has hooded eyes in that picture, and now she has a good amount of "hood space."  That's a pretty common procedure for women with hooded eyes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/31/2020 at 7:44 AM, Tatum said:

If she looks this skinny on camera, I can't even imagine how thin she is in person.

I’ve seen Kristen in person: she is so short, shockingly skinny and petite that from behind she almost looks like a child, no joke. Her legs looked like matchsticks. 
I certainly don’t mean to looks shame and/or wrongfully accuse anyone of an eating disorder, but she didn’t look naturally or healthily skinny to me...she looks like a gal who just doesn’t eat period.
And after she’s had multiple children and released a cookbook, it’s just an odd look—-must be a California thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

I’ve seen Kristen in person: she is so short, shockingly skinny and petite that from behind she almost looks like a child, no joke. Her legs looked like matchsticks. 
I certainly don’t mean to looks shame and/or wrongfully accuse anyone of an eating disorder, but she didn’t look naturally or healthily skinny to me...she looks like a gal who just doesn’t eat period.
And after she’s had multiple children and released a cookbook, it’s just an odd look—-must be a California thing.

I mean, you don't lose 30 pounds on accident. I have no idea what her daily diet looks like, but it's pretty safe to say it was severely modified from what it was 2004. It is pretty clear she is restricting calories in a way that she wasn't as a teen. I don't know if that was in an effort to please Jay or stay relevant in Hollywood, or both. Or maybe neither.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Just caught the tail end of Kristen preparing a dish on Good Morning America. She was saying that she wasn’t bothered by what others say, because she has 100% confidence in her ability as a great parent....not sure in what context she said that. I wondered if they had mentioned immunizations.  With us being in the midst of trying to get the majority of Americans covid immunizations, I thought her appearance a little surprising.   Does anyone know if that was discussed?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/21/2020 at 2:22 AM, heatherchandler said:

How funny would it be if Jay posted his own blurb on instagram... "after careful consideration, I WILL be continuing on with Very Cavalleri!"  

Very.  It would so very!!!  OMG, I replied and used 'very' to Heather Chandler!!!

On 1/5/2021 at 3:03 AM, Sun-Bun said:

So far, she doesn't have that pulled-face and duck lips, so she still looks relatively 'natural' by LA standards.  It was really obvious when she had that reunion with Audrina and Heidi.  It was really uncomfortable to see people who've had SO MUCH work done... and at such a young age!!!  Btw, I have no problem with an adult getting procedures done, but there is definitely a very VERY fine line between 'enhancing' your features, and going overboard.  You get something done, like what you see and at this point, you should just stop and enjoy your new look, but no, they start thinking "Hmmm... so if this is what I look like after that procedure, I would look even better after (insert something invasive)." and get that done too.  I'm not even going to get into the possibility of botched jobs!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4