Type keyword(s) to search

Very Cavallari - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thank you @Sun-Bun for that great reply on the property!  That makes sense- all of it.  And I failed to notice but you’re right- for that land and home a majestic pool is a must!  What were they thinking. 

I agree @SarahPrtr- I am so weary of celebs signing their name to shit and acting like they are designers. Kyle on BH comes to mind. Also- can we agree James is used and never needs to be in a vanity project name again!

• Love 10

I am enjoying this turn of events far more than I should be. When someone projects an image of domestic perfection and bliss on TV/social media, I love it when the wig is snatched off:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/29/kristin-cavallari-jay-cutler-divorce-punishing-new-house-finances-child-custody/

So #BossBabe, CEO of the “successful“ brand Uncommon James, can’t afford a house of her own and Jay is sitting around making her life in their shared mansion even more of a living Hell than usual? Why can’t we get the E! cameras to film *that* mess?? This is the “Very Cavallari” we should demand to see: battle of the rich assholes!

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I am enjoying this turn of events far more than I should be. When someone projects an image of domestic perfection and bliss on TV/social media, I love it when the wig is snatched off:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/29/kristin-cavallari-jay-cutler-divorce-punishing-new-house-finances-child-custody/

So #BossBabe, CEO of the “successful“ brand Uncommon James, can’t afford a house of her own and Jay is sitting around making her life in their shared mansion even more of a living Hell than usual? Why can’t we get the E! cameras to film *that* mess?? This is the “Very Cavallari” we should demand to see: battle of the rich assholes!

Wow...I mean, I'm generally of the school that how people spend their money is their own business, but three houses (all for personal use) in the same fucking town? Really?

• Love 12

It seems like the easy option right now is for one of the two (Kristin or Jay) to simply move to the other house. If internet is the problem, it should be easy enough to get internet installed (unless I’m missing something). Also, plenty of people manage to live in homes while the home is simultaneously on the market, so even if it’s on sale, I’m still not seeing the issue. Regardless, does Kristin not have any of her own money from her business and the show (and her prior shows; not to mention that she comes from money, right?) to be able to buy a home in Nashville without Jay’s permission? 

I agree with the suggestion that Kristin will show up on one of the Housewives shows eventually. Nashville is a fun city, and she has the kids to think about, but I can’t imagine that she wants to stay there. 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

It seems like the easy option right now is for one of the two (Kristin or Jay) to simply move to the other house. If internet is the problem, it should be easy enough to get internet installed (unless I’m missing something). Also, plenty of people manage to live in homes while the home is simultaneously on the market, so even if it’s on sale, I’m still not seeing the issue. Regardless, does Kristin not have any of her own money from her business and the show (and her prior shows; not to mention that she comes from money, right?) to be able to buy a home in Nashville without Jay’s permission? 

I agree with the suggestion that Kristin will show up on one of the Housewives shows eventually. Nashville is a fun city, and she has the kids to think about, but I can’t imagine that she wants to stay there. 

I think she’s from Chicago, and we know she grew up in Laguna. She has no real ties to Nashville. As much as she talks about wanting to raise her kids on a farm away from it all, everything she does suggests she’s desperate to be in LA (the dumb diet trends, anti-vaccine, red carpet events, etc). And people keep talking about “her business”, but she even said on this show that Jay put up the money for it. I don’t think he wants to own a lame retail store full of crap, but he can definitely leverage his ownership to get something he wants in exchange. Hell, he should probably try to introduce the show as evidence that he’s the sane, responsible one looking out for their kids whereas Kristin seems like this irresponsible one yelling and screaming. I know the show is “fake” but it’s technically a reality show. Either make Kristin admit everything is fake or else she has to admit that’s who she really is. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Regardless, does Kristin not have any of her own money from her business and the show (and her prior shows; not to mention that she comes from money, right?) to be able to buy a home in Nashville without Jay’s permission?

I mean, she's not broke, but I have no idea how profitable her store is, or what her other streams of revenue look like. An article a few pages quoted revenues of $20 million annually- but that's revenues. Believe me, I look at tax returns all day long, and $20 million in revenues can easily become negative net income. She has to pay all her overhead, her staff, plus, you know, the people who actually make, distribute, and transport her products, not to mention the raw materials. And I have no idea what kind of debt, if any, her business is carrying. And if she is turning a profit, you can bet Uncle Sam wants his cut.

She has her income from the show, and she has other projects in the works. I am sure Kristin could afford to buy something in Nashville, but maybe not at the level to which she has grown accustomed.

Unless she can prove abuse or neglect, (and Jay screaming at her in front of the kids counts- not saying he does, just saying it doesn't have to be physical), I find it unlikely any judge is going to let Kristin take the kids with her to LA, if Jay kicks up a fuss about that. I'd imagine Kristin would end up staying in Nashville when it's her time with the kids and leaving for LA alone when it's Jay's time.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I am enjoying this turn of events far more than I should be. When someone projects an image of domestic perfection and bliss on TV/social media, I love it when the wig is snatched off

Why can’t we get the E! cameras to film *that* mess?? This is the “Very Cavallari” we should demand to see: battle of the rich assholes!

Ha!  Same here!  I’m loving this.  I thought it would take a little longer than it did, but we all saw this coming, right?  And she really tried hard to portray her “perfect” life.  It’s her BRAND! 🤮

I would love for this to be filmed!  The reality!  

I’ve noticed so many articles, on People.com, Eonline, etc. with quotes from “sources,” and it’s ALL Kristin’s doing, obviously.  All about how awful Jay is, how he would make her cry.  
I don’t know if she’s just totally oblivious to the fact that we all know she’s planting these stories, or if she thinks we are stupid.

2 hours ago, Tatum said:

I mean, she's not broke, but I have no idea how profitable her store is, or what her other streams of revenue look like. An article a few pages quoted revenues of $20 million annually- but that's revenues. Believe me, I look at tax returns all day long, and $20 million in revenues can easily become negative net income. She has to pay all her overhead, her staff, plus, you know, the people who actually make, distribute, and transport her products, not to mention the raw materials. And I have no idea what kind of debt, if any, her business is carrying. And if she is turning a profit, you can bet Uncle Sam wants his cut.

She has her income from the show, and she has other projects in the works. I am sure Kristin could afford to buy something in Nashville, but maybe not at the level to which she has grown accustomed.

Unless she can prove abuse or neglect, (and Jay screaming at her in front of the kids counts- not saying he does, just saying it doesn't have to be physical), I find it unlikely any judge is going to let Kristin take the kids with her to LA, if Jay kicks up a fuss about that. I'd imagine Kristin would end up staying in Nashville when it's her time with the kids and leaving for LA alone when it's Jay's time.

Good luck paying rent on that double-wide store in Chicago that you just HAD to have, Kristin!  She was spending money like crazy on her stores.  Like Jay said, she’s the “bread-spender.”  She thinks she’s some kind of mogul, but actually owning and running a business is hard for an intelligent person, it will be impossible for her.  She will see once her bottomless bank account goes bye bye.

Funny how she’s trashing him in the press (I mean court documents), complaining about not being able to buy another $5 million house.  Is she trying to get the public on her side?  She’s so out of touch.

She will definitely be in LA whenever she can be, apparently she is going to be on the Hills reboot season 2. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I only watched like maybe 2 episodes. I was in awe of how she was a "celebrity" with a reality show and yet really had no talent, no qualification, no nothing I was also surprised at how it seemed ( at least for the 2 that I saw haha) that Jay was the one who was mellow, pretty much  doing what she said or asked for. 

I got a kick on the show where the Chicago store was opening and she wants him to go with her. He asked about the kids and she was like automatically NO. (She backpedaled and said that  when they go next time for a longer visit the kids would come).

She just struck me as a super contrived person. 

So seeing the marriage fall apart does kind of make sense.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ha!  Same here!  I’m loving this.  I thought it would take a little longer than it did, but we all saw this coming, right?  And she really tried hard to portray her “perfect” life.  It’s her BRAND! 🤮

I would love for this to be filmed!  The reality!  

I’ve noticed so many articles, on People.com, Eonline, etc. with quotes from “sources,” and it’s ALL Kristin’s doing, obviously.  All about how awful Jay is, how he would make her cry.  
I don’t know if she’s just totally oblivious to the fact that we all know she’s planting these stories, or if she thinks we are stupid.

Good luck paying rent on that double-wide store in Chicago that you just HAD to have, Kristin!  She was spending money like crazy on her stores.  Like Jay said, she’s the “bread-spender.”  She thinks she’s some kind of mogul, but actually owning and running a business is hard for an intelligent person, it will be impossible for her.  She will see once her bottomless bank account goes bye bye.

Funny how she’s trashing him in the press (I mean court documents), complaining about not being able to buy another $5 million house.  Is she trying to get the public on her side?  She’s so out of touch.

She will definitely be in LA whenever she can be, apparently she is going to be on the Hills reboot season 2. 

^^^^ Everything you said.

She's one of those women who starts these bullshit vanity projects with her rich husband's money.  I mean, she had some money from being on the Hills and VC, but she wouldn't have been able to start UJ without her husband's money.  He was also home most of the time, so she didn't have to worry about getting sitters everyday for her kids. 

She definitely made a mistake in opening up the Chicago store.  Even if it's not in a ritzy area, the rent and the upkeep would cost so much money.  This is what happens when stupid people start businesses - well, first of all, they know nothing about running a business and don't have the faintest clue about what it actually takes to run a business.  Especially at the beginning and you're the owner.  You need to work minimum of 18 hours a DAY, because everything falls on you.

I wonder how much she's getting paid to be on VC.  There have been so many articles on this divorce in the past few days.  No way in hell she didn't plant these stories.  She's not famous enough to have so many articles written about her.

• Love 10
(edited)

Kelly posted a photo on Insta of a man's arm that looks a lot like Jay. I think it looks like his arm, because I noticed similar bead bracelets on him before on VC episodes (specifically the season 1 episode of Kristin's launch day where she's freaking out about the shipping prices being wrong). I remember because I thought it was cute that he wore something that looked like one of his kids made for him.

Anyway, if it's not him, Kelly really is the shitstirrer Kristin said she was, and I hate when Kristin is right. Not that she isn't allowed to post what she wants - but come on. She knows what she is doing. Having said THAT, after Kristin spent all season dragging Kelly every chance she got - I would not lift one finger to help Kristin out.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Kelly posted a photo on Insta of a man's arm that looks a lot like Jay. I think it looks like his arm, because I noticed similar bead bracelets on him before on VC episodes (specifically the season 1 episode of Kristin's launch day where she's freaking out about the shipping prices being wrong). I remember because I thought it was cute that he wore something that looked like one of his kids made for him.

Anyway, if it's not him, Kelly really is the shitstirrer Kristin said she was, and I hate when Kristin is right. Not that she isn't allowed to post what she wants - but come on. She knows what she is doing. Having said THAT, after Kristin spent all season dragging Kelly every chance she got - I would not lift one finger to help Kristin out.

I'm reasonably certain that it isn't Jay, but I'm also reasonably certain that Kelly is doing this on purpose and it makes me cackle a little bit. Frankly, after the blow-up and trashing of Kelly all season, she owes Kristen nothing. 

I also felt that Jay had more personality and human connection with that small snippet of interview with Kelly then I saw with Kristen in any scene in all 3 seasons. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 9

^How was Kelly "trashed" all season?  Kristin said that Kelly ghosted her and that it hurt her.  Kelly sat down with Justin to tell her side but instead stormed out. Talking about the loss of a friendship and how it hurts you isn't trashing someone, IMO.

Not sure what kind of friends people have but thankful that there's no one in my inner circle who would cackle with glee about the end of my marriage.  Posting this pic, whether it's Jay or not, shows exactly who Kelly is.  Frankly, I'm embarrassed for her. 

Glad to hear that they've reached a temporary custody arrangement that doesn't involve co-habitation. The kids don't need to see & feel all that tension.

• Love 7

I'm such a nerd, I went and looked. I can't tell by looking at the arm who it is, but I am 99% sure that is not the same beaded bracelet. It's similar, but the color order is different.

Odds of two 20-30 something men wearing such similar bracelets that just happen to make it into SM pics seems slim to me. I do think this was an intentional plant, as was the "eagle eyed source" who first brought it to everyone's attention.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I'm such a nerd, I went and looked. I can't tell by looking at the arm who it is, but I am 99% sure that is not the same beaded bracelet. It's similar, but the color order is different.

Odds of two 20-30 something men wearing such similar bracelets that just happen to make it into SM pics seems slim to me. I do think this was an intentional plant, as was the "eagle eyed source" who first brought it to everyone's attention.

Lol. Shouldn’t be too hard to find a hipster doofus in Nashville who wears a cheazy bracelet. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

1.   I doubt Jay is a drunk.   He is diabetic.   Drinking would literally kill him.   You would see signs because his blood sugar would always be out of whack.

2.   Asking for attorney's fees is standard.   No judge is going to look at that and go "hmmm she must be the breadwinner because he asks for fees."   Everyone asks for them.   You don't usually get them unless someone does something really wrong.   Not in divorce cases anyway.

3.   Kristen is not entitled to the same lifestyle she had while married to Jay.   She is entitled to be self-supporting.   Doesn't matter if she will never make as much as him, that does not entitle to her alimony.   Alimony is to provide for your basic needs -- food, housing, clothing transporation.   Not to continue to run your vanity business or have several homes.

4.   The CHILDREN on the other hand are entitled to the same lifestyle.   that's why child support is for.   Now, child support does not have to be spent directly only on the kids.   Like you don't go separately grocery shopping for the kids and only use the child support money.   It can be used for housing since the kids have to live somewhere, it can be used to make the car payment, put gas in the car and the car insurance since the kids get transported around in the car.   You get the idea.   

5.   IF she is getting a chunk of child support, that means she needs less to meet her own needs because like I said, you can use the child support for things that help the parent too.   

6.   Kinda moot since they reached an agreement, but there is a lot of posturing when it comes to custody.   EVERY ONE claims they are the primary caregiver of the kids.   EVERYONE claims the other parent should only get vistiation.   Part of that is the law.   You have to state things a certain way in a Complaint or you have "failed to state a claim."     It does not mean they think of the other parent as a "babysitter" who needs permission.   It's just the way the law is.   Some courts are going to "parenting time" rather than visitation just because of this connotation.   But it means the same thing -- the kids live mostly with one parent and live with the other parent for a lesser amount of time.   Everyone is still a parent with all rights and responsibilities thereto.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, snarts said:

^How was Kelly "trashed" all season?  Kristin said that Kelly ghosted her and that it hurt her.  Kelly sat down with Justin to tell her side but instead stormed out. Talking about the loss of a friendship and how it hurts you isn't trashing someone, IMO.

Not sure what kind of friends people have but thankful that there's no one in my inner circle who would cackle with glee about the end of my marriage.  Posting this pic, whether it's Jay or not, shows exactly who Kelly is.  Frankly, I'm embarrassed for her. 

Glad to hear that they've reached a temporary custody arrangement that doesn't involve co-habitation. The kids don't need to see & feel all that tension.

We don't know what happened behind the scenes.  Kristin was able to put out her side, she has a show and she is in charge of what is shown, so Kelly was made to look like a jerk.  I am sure there is a lot we don't know about.  

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

We don't know what happened behind the scenes.  Kristin was able to put out her side, she has a show and she is in charge of what is shown, so Kelly was made to look like a jerk.  I am sure there is a lot we don't know about.  

Yep. Kristin had the platform and the executive producer title, so she held all of the cards in this particular contest. The storyline stretched across several episodes, with Kristin telling several friends over and over. Kelly was able to tell her side only to one of Kristin's biased friends.

Kristin could and should have said a few words at the beginning of the season without even mentioning why she and Kelly were no longer friends. "We're no longer friends and I am very hurt by that, but I wish her the best." Or SOMETHING short, simple, and discreet. But oh no, we had to have a storyline for the show out of this! And now it's coming back to bite her in the ass.

Having said that, it WAS a cheap shot for Kelly to post that photo knowing what would happen. But again, she was dragged on the show so much that I can't really blame her for not being able to rise above it all.

• Love 8
On 5/3/2020 at 9:49 AM, snarts said:

We got Kristen's side of the story, we really never saw Kelly's. Yes, she stormed out but I'd be frustrated talking to Justin too especially when she could tell how she was going to be painted. And Justin didn't exactly let her talk much. Kristen claims she was ghosted, but was she? Kristen admitted to blowing up about her because of a rumor, which Kelly didn't start, got blown up. That is on Kristen and her own insecurities. 

I'm not cackling at the end of the marriage, I'm cackling that Kristen's feet are finally held to the same fire she held others too. Also, the guy Kelly is dating has 2 daughters and those bead sets are all the rage in that age group. My husband has several of those bracelets...Jay doesn't own the market on it. 

So, if Kelly did it with or without purpose, I don't think it makes her a better or not better person for it. 

• Love 9

Love these articles Kristin is putting out-

“'She's trying to minimize the impact on her kids, so she'd love to bring them someplace really nice, really welcoming, really special where they can start putting down roots and make memories,' a source close to Kristin said.

Another insider said Kristin was proceeding with 'house hunting.'   

'If there was one thing that was going to make Kristin roll up her sleeves and fight, it's her kids. This isn't about getting all of Jay's money or getting some big mansion or revenge.”

Oh, ok insider (Justin)!  Yeah I’m sure this is all about the kids.  And I know that if my kids were in turmoil, with parents getting divorced, a strange house that they have never lived in is just a great idea!  🤔 Hmm except that is the opposite of normalcy... Kristin obviously just wants a new house and she doesn’t GAF about her kids’ comfort.

In divorce documents, he said the couple already have two multimillion-dollar homes in Tennessee, plus a commitment on a condo at the Four Seasons in Nashville.

But the arrangement wasn't appealing to Cavallari, who said one of the homes was for sale and didn't have internet, and they hadn't even broken ground on the condo.

She couldn’t move back to the big house in Nashville because it didn’t have internet???   I mean, yeah, and it’s not like you can just pick up the phone and get internet!  Oh wait, yes that’s exactly what you could do.

• Love 7

Not seeing Kristin's feet being held to any fire. The judge ruled that the funds had to be released, Kristin bought the $5.5M house. They finalized a custody arrangement that requires Jay to move out every other week until Kristin's settled in her new home and former BFF Kelly is being dragged all over social media for her thirstiness.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, snarts said:

Not seeing Kristin's feet being held to any fire. The judge ruled that the funds had to be released, Kristin bought the $5.5M house. They finalized a custody arrangement that requires Jay to move out every other week until Kristin's settled in her new home and former BFF Kelly is being dragged all over social media for her thirstiness.

Is that from a new article? The one linked above said they came to a temporary agreement where Jay agreed to release the funds, the kids will remain in the main house 100% of the time while the parents trade off weeks. I don't believe any judge has gotten involved yet.

• Love 4
(edited)

^

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8281149/Kristin-Cavallari-finally-allowed-forward-buying-new-home-court-intervened.html

https://perezhilton.com/kristin-cavallari-jay-cutler-new-home-funds-released-assets-judge-order-custody/

The actual court docs were posted yesterday on twitter but are no longer trending. 

Edited to add that their other Nashville home, Bancroft, was purchased by Jay before they were married and is likely not part of their marital assets, which is why Kristin didn't/couldn't move back in or "connect internet" 

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, snarts said:

^

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8281149/Kristin-Cavallari-finally-allowed-forward-buying-new-home-court-intervened.html

https://perezhilton.com/kristin-cavallari-jay-cutler-new-home-funds-released-assets-judge-order-custody/

The actual court docs were posted yesterday on twitter but are no longer trending. 

Edited to add that their other Nashville home, Bancroft, was purchased by Jay before they were married and is likely not part of their marital assets, which is why Kristin didn't/couldn't move back in or "connect internet" 

Are the court documents still available even if they aren't trending? Every where I look just says the "inside source" says this is what's going on. Not disputing it, I'm just nosy.

ETA: it won't be shocking to me if Jay Cutler is being uncooperative, I'm just morbidly curious.

So, let me see if I have this real estate saga correct:

1. Jay owns a house prior to marriage, this is sadly the internet-less house, located somewhere in TN

2. They buy a house in TN, which is now for sale. This is their main house

3. They commit to buying a Four Seasons condo on a development that has not yet broken ground, located in Nashville

4. Jay and Kristin talk of separating in fall 2019, and they agree she will buy her own house in plans to live separately

5. They table separation talk for 3-4 months, then decide to just divorce, at which time Jay Cutler balks at the house purchase

This is all very weird to me. Maybe it's just because I am not a millionaire, but generally the time to buy an expensive asset or enter into a long term mortgage or other large debt is not right before a divorce. Kristin couldn't have gotten a short term rental and then bought something once the divorce is finalized? Why would she even want to buy something now? Even if she buys it in her name only, it would probably end up as either a joint marital asset or would count against her share of the joint marital assets. Very strange.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Tatum said:

So, let me see if I have this real estate saga correct:

1. Jay owns a house prior to marriage, this is sadly the internet-less house, located somewhere in TN

2. They buy a house in TN, which is now for sale. This is their main house

3. They commit to buying a Four Seasons condo on a development that has not yet broken ground, located in Nashville

4. Jay and Kristin talk of separating in fall 2019, and they agree she will buy her own house in plans to live separately

5. They table separation talk for 3-4 months, then decide to just divorce, at which time Jay Cutler balks at the house purchase

1. Jay bought the Bancroft house back in 2012 before they were married.  That's the house they lived in for season 1.  It's still on the market. and the one referred to as having no phone or internet.  Makes sense that Kristin wouldn't feel as if she could take up residence there.  Side note, she also keeps a condo in LA that she purchased before they were married.

2. They bought their current home while married a few years ago. Sounds like Jay intends to keep it as his home.

The rest appear to be correct.  Interestingly on the Four Seasons residence, Jay doesn't strike me as a downtown Nashville type of guy. Maybe post-divorce he'll be hanging in the gulch?  or maybe they both saw real estate as an investment?

No idea on Twitter. Not a frequent user.  I just saw it trending yesterday and when I clicked on it there were pdf'd court documents.  A quick search brought back the two articles I posted. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Oh wow, that house is beautiful.

Is that the one everyone is making fun of for being garish? I guess maybe I have bad taste. I really like it.

It just seems to have a ton of unnecessary rooms.  How many sitting rooms do people need?  Lol

• Love 7
15 hours ago, snarts said:

I like it too, it's just impractically large.

Kristin's new house is gorgeous as well, and surprisingly close to their current home.  Good for the kids at least.

I just looked at it again and counted about 6 rooms that were for sitting.  It seems like such an impersonal house.  And then the outdoors is really not that great--as others have said, without a pool a huge house like that looks like it is missing something.  It just doesn't seem to fit the area at all--it seems more suited for someone wanting an overpriced house in LA.

• Love 4

Kristin and Jay’s sizzle is gone. Makes me wonder if they had stayed in Chicago would they be happier. Perhaps Jay working and spending less time at home was key to how the relationship worked. Kristin wanted work and family and I am all for that. Jay and Kristin are both great-looking and young enough to find other partners. Just feel bad for the kids who will always need both of them. 

• Love 6

RE:  Order v. Agreement -- if the parties reach an agreement, they submit it to the court which turns it into an order.   The judge's "involvement" consists of reviewnig it to make sure it isn't too outrageous (twins split up, one with each parent, real case, thankfully not one of mine) and then signs it.   That's pretty much it.   But it is still a court order and enforceable as such.

I don't blame Jay for not releasing the funds.   Sounds like he has funded her vanity projects for awhile.   If she wants a house, she cna go get one.   The funds released were marital and she was entitled to HALF.   By using it for a house though, it not becomes an asset, which means its value is the price of the house (purchase in this case since new, if it were older it would be what would it sell for now) minus any mortgage.   Chances are tht this asset which will be her separate prperty are now pretty much zero.   Thereby meaning that Jay will have to pay MORE out of other assets to balance it out.   But she's not a gold digger or anything.   

If she is such a successful "boss babe" why can't she buy her own damn house?   

Finally nesting SUCKS.   It's a great idea until someone realizes they don't want to be moving eveyr week and put their life on hold.   Then they start fighting.   Also, Kirsten in what will be his house every week is a recipe for disaster.    She is going to be going through his mail, looking for signs of women being over, etc. .........   Which is the opposite of creating a stable home for the kids.    

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

If she is such a successful "boss babe" why can't she buy her own damn house? 

How do we know that their money wasn't co-mingled in a joint account?  They were married for seven years.  Yes, Jay made a ton of money in the NFL but that ended two years ago.  Kristin also has money coming in from E!, not just the show but from her awards show hosting which she's done for years.  She also hosted that crappy reality show last Summer on network TV.  While UncommonJames isn't publicly traded, the growth we've seen alludes to financial success.  You don't add warehouses that size and open multiple locations if you're losing money.

The documents filed with the court support this. 

Cavallari's motion also argued that she "has contributed significantly to the wealth the parties have been able to accumulate" and "that the parties have the liquid assets she needs to buy a home without infringing on any portion of the estate to which Husband may be entitled."

https://www.today.com/popculture/kristin-cavallari-jay-cutler-file-new-divorce-documents-t180419

58 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Finally nesting SUCKS.   It's a great idea until someone realizes they don't want to be moving eveyr week and put their life on hold.   Then they start fighting.   Also, Kirsten in what will be his house every week is a recipe for disaster.   

This is exactly what happened.  They agreed to nesting until Kristin was settled in a new home and then a week in, Jay refused to leave the house and refused to release what certainly sounds like their joint/marital funds to set up that separate household.  Notice that their new court-ordered agreement requires him to do both.  

From everything I've read, here's the timeline:

• Fall 2019: divorce talks, Kristin starts looking for new home, ultimately decided to make another go at it
  • Spring 2020: divorce back on, privately negotiating an amicable separation & divorce including a joint statement
  • April 21st: Jay surprises Kristin by filing for divorce and citing that he was the "primary caretaker" of the couple's children (despite the fact he traveled and/or lived away from home the majority of the marriage)
  • April 24th: Kristin files her response citing marital misconduct and irreconcilable differences and requesting primary custody
  • April 26th: They drop the news publicly, with a joint statement
  • April 30th:  Kristin files court documents stating that Jay stopped abiding by the temporary parenting plan by refusing to leave the house, arguing in front of the kids and halting the release funds for the new house
  • May 4th: They agree to a joint custody arrangement that includes the release for funds for Kristin's new home and temporary nesting plan until she's settled in the home. 
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Cavallari's motion also argued that she "has contributed significantly to the wealth the parties have been able to accumulate" and "that the parties have the liquid assets she needs to buy a home without infringing on any portion of the estate to which Husband may be entitled."

Never saw a divorce filing that didn't claim a party was a significant contributor to the family.   It just like the whole asking for attorney's fees.   You have to say that in order to position yourself for later.    I doubt her little vanity projects come anywhere near to making a difference in their finances from what he made in the NFL.    She's a spender not an accumulator of wealth.   

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Never saw a divorce filing that didn't claim a party was a significant contributor to the family.   It just like the whole asking for attorney's fees.   You have to say that in order to position yourself for later.    I doubt her little vanity projects come anywhere near to making a difference in their finances from what he made in the NFL.    She's a spender not an accumulator of wealth.   

Agree. That’s how I read it. I’m starting to realize there are people on here who want to believe Kristin is a success and it’s not worth fighting with them. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Yes, even if Jay is no longer earning a paycheck from the NFL, even a moderate return rate (of course, who knows what a moderate return rate in the wake of Covid19 will be) of the millions he has likely earns a six figure interest income with him doing absolutely nothing. I doubt that $50+ million is just sitting in a checking account somewhere.

ETA: not saying it's impossible UJ is turning a profit. It may well be. But I think Jay has always been the primary contributor to the family's bottom line.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Tatum said:

Yes, even if Jay is no longer earning a paycheck from the NFL, even a moderate return rate (of course, who knows what a moderate return rate in the wake of Covid19 will be) of the millions he has likely earns a six figure interest income with him doing absolutely nothing. I doubt that $50+ million is just sitting in a checking account somewhere.

I’ve said it before but nobody seemed to comment on it, but Kristin and Jay even joked on camera that he put up at least some of the money for her vanity project/business. But I haven’t seen any claims from him or his attorneys that he’s fighting for his share of her “empire”. It seems to mostly to be a fight over Jay’s money. If she was raking it in Jay would probably want some. Or, if he was really petty he’d bargain with his ownership of her business to get something back, but it doesn’t seem like a significant factor 

• Love 9
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I’ve said it before but nobody seemed to comment on it, but Kristin and Jay even joked on camera that he put up at least some of the money for her vanity project/business. But I haven’t seen any claims from him or his attorneys that he’s fighting for his share of her “empire”. It seems to mostly to be a fight over Jay’s money. If she was raking it in Jay would probably want some. Or, if he was really petty he’d bargain with his ownership of her business to get something back, but it doesn’t seem like a significant factor 

Oooh, something tells me this divorce proceeding is going to get quite nasty. For their kids' sakes I hope not, but I have a feeling there will be pettiness and mud slinging abound before this is finalized.

ETA:

While I do think the majority of the household income is earned by Jay, that doesn't mean I don't think Kristin is entitled to some of it. While she was never going to be a Reese Witherspoon, I think there were probably some paying projects she turned down in order to play homemaker to their kids, which seemed like that was always what Jay was pressuring her to be.

These two were both idiots to get married and have kids, knowing they had such fundamental compatibility issues.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Agree. That’s how I read it. I’m starting to realize there are people on here who want to believe Kristin is a success and it’s not worth fighting with them. 

I guess it depends on how you define success. I prefer facts. 

https://growjo.com/company/Uncommon_James

https://www.zoominfo.com/c/Uncommon-james-llc/435343906

Not many people own multi-million dollar companies, have a tv show focused on their life & business and get paid to host events. 

Kristin very well could have sat back and lived off Jay's money for the last 10 years.  Instead, she wanted a career and has continued hustling. Ironic that it's likely the biggest reason they're divorcing yet she's still being called an unsuccessful golddigger.

Not saying Jay's a bad guy. They just want different things. Happens every day. I just reject the notion that Kristin's some devious villian while he's a saint.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, snarts said:

Not many people own multi-million dollar companies, have a tv show focused on their life & business and get paid to host events. 

Kristin very well could have sat back and lived off Jay's money for the last 10 years.  Instead, she wanted a career and has continued hustling. Ironic that it's likely the biggest reason they're divorcing yet she's still being called an unsuccessful golddigger.

Not saying Jay's a bad guy. They just want different things. Happens every day. I just reject the notion that Kristin's some devious villian while he's a saint.

Like I said, some people are convinced she’s successful and refuse to think otherwise. And as others have noted to you, revenue does not equal profits. It’s not that difficult to generate a few million dollars in revenue from a small shop. But retail stores (and her business model in particular where she buys other people’s products and sticks her label on them for a markup) have very slim margins. Maybe she clears a few hundred thousand on that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she still loses money every year. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

It’s not that difficult to generate a few million dollars in revenue from a small shop.

Hahahaha, that's funny. Millions of actual business owners would likely disagree. 

I'd argue that some are spending an inordinate amount of time trying to prove how unsuccessful she is while  commenting on a TV show about her life & business. Hmmm.

• LOL 2
23 minutes ago, snarts said:

Believe me, I would never call Jay a saint :). He strikes me as a shallow, inflexible person who can't laugh at himself. I don't know that I'd enjoy Kristin's company in real life, but I can respect the hustle of someone who took what likely would have been a fleeting 15 minutes of fame into 15+ years of acting, modeling, hostessing and sales.

But I just disagree that UJ is raking in close to what Jay made, or that it ever will. I also don't think it will achieve any level of success once Kristin is not relevant in pop culture- I think people shop there for the ties to Kristin, not the products themselves. This leads to the rub- in order to move her products, Kristin has to maintain her relevance in the entertainment world. That is essentially two not even full time, but ALL the time jobs (running a business and chasing/maintaining fame).

• Love 11

I think whether Kristin has comparable money to Jay and whether Kristin has made her own money through UJ/reality tv are two separate questions. I think the answer to the former is “no,” and the answer to the latter is “yes.” I don’t think she could be buying multiple multi-million dollar homes in the same city without him, but her reality tv “fame” and money that has cone from that (which I can see her trying to extend for several more years) isn’t tied to him. 

• Love 5

I'm waaaay too old to be a Kristin fangirl, but I gotta admit that I've been fascinated by her confidence since she first appeared Laguna Beach - her approach to dating and her intolerance for BS was such a great contrast to all the other girls who cried over their loutish and disinterested boyfriends.

I still respect her hustle. Whether she's successful or not really just depends upon how we define success...but I am HERE for the divorce drama, knowing that they'll both be just fine. And I would bet money that Kelly is keeping some secrets!

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Tatum said:

These two were both idiots to get married and have kids, knowing they had such fundamental compatibility issues.

This is how I feel - she seems to have always kind of hated him, always annoyed by what he is doing, or saying.  Why marry him and have kids??

22 hours ago, snarts said:

Jay made like $110 million, there is no way she has made even close to that much money hosting Temptation Island (?) and Very Cavallari.  I wonder how they are going to pivot Very Cavallari, will it be single Kristin, dating and working?  

Her company may gross that amount, but anyone who knows business knows that she is not netting anywhere near that, and like someone else said, she is possibly not even in the black.  Remember how she needed to speak with Jay about the double-sized store in Chicago?  If the company had a huge amount of cash, she wouldn't have needed to get his approval on the place.  This business may end up making money and she may end up with millions from it, but she has been spending Jay's money to get her off the ground, open new stores and the warehouse.  I have a feeling that she will be closing stores and she will go back to focusing on online sales since her financing spigot has probably been shut off.  

I think she is being called a golddigger because she is like, "I am an independent woman, I am a boss babe, I don't need any man!  ...So, can you give me that FIVE MILLION DOLLARS right now?"  That's a lot of money, and there is no way she would be able to have that house without Jay's money.  And hey, get a 20 million dollar house, it doesn't matter to me, but she looks like an idiot for pretending she doesn't need his money.

Now "sources" have been talking to People magazine, and wherever else, saying that Jay is lazy and unmotivated.  He has more money than he will ever be able to spend, who CARES if he didn't want a broadcast career?  He was focused on his football career, and now he can watch deer all day if he wants to.  I wonder if Kristin got a PR person to keep planting these stories, or if this is just Justin calling up People??

5 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

I still respect her hustle. Whether she's successful or not really just depends upon how we define success...but I am HERE for the divorce drama, knowing that they'll both be just fine. And I would bet money that Kelly is keeping some secrets!

Oh for sure!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

I'm waaaay too old to be a Kristin fangirl, but I gotta admit that I've been fascinated by her confidence since she first appeared Laguna Beach - her approach to dating and her intolerance for BS was such a great contrast to all the other girls who cried over their loutish and disinterested boyfriends.

On the old TWOP Laguna Beach board, someone wrote in saying she went to high school with Kristin. I have no way to verify this as the truth, but I don't really see any reason this person would lie. The poster was not featured on the show.

Anyways, she said that how Kristin appeared on the show was exactly how she was in real life- she was going to live her life, and she honestly did not care if you liked her or didn't like her. I remember being completely shocked (and envious!) because at 21 I had nothing close to her 17 year old self confidence. And it honestly did not seem to me like either arrogance or false bravado, just that she honestly respected herself, she expected other people in her life to treat her with respect, and it wasn't going to ruin her day if you didn't like her. Hell, at 36, I can't say I feel that way all the time. So, I definitely admired that.

Now though, it kind of seems like she is having some major identity crisis and I don't see her reveling in the same self confidence she had as a teenager. She seems kind of sad somehow. I do wonder if Jay has possibly clipped away at her in some manner.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Now "sources" have been talking to People magazine, and wherever else, saying that Jay is lazy and unmotivated.  He has more money than he will ever be able to spend, who CARES if he didn't want a broadcast career?  He was focused on his football career, and now he can watch deer all day if he wants to.  I wonder if Kristin got a PR person to keep planting these stories, or if this is just Justin calling up People??

Shut the fuck up, Kristin.

The “Hills” star married Cutler in 2013 when he was a quarterback with the Chicago Bears, and we’re told she thought he was lined up for a demanding career as a sports broadcaster after he hung up his cleats.

But sources say that after his broadcasting career faltered, the ever-ambitious Cavallari, who announced in late April that the pair were splitting, found him “unmotivated” and even “lazy” — while he found that he had a penchant for hanging out with their three kids and menagerie of animals on their Tennessee farm.

“She was growing increasingly impatient with him. He was supposed to take this big job at Fox Sports and have a life after football that would get him up off the couch and do something,” said an insider. “Instead, he backed out — this is [three] years ago — and joined the [Miami] Dolphins. That didn’t pan out well, and he was left with no TV gig until she got the show for them.”

You "got" the show for them, Kristin? Did it ever occur to your fame hungry ass that Jay maybe didn't aspire to be on TV?

The guy has a bachelors degree, played 4 years in college, and then got his ass beat for 11 years in the NFL. Not only was he physically beat on, but he was frequently criticized in the media (FYI- I briefly kept a football blog in the mid/late 2000s and gleefully RIPPED on him during the Broncos years, and for a season or 2 with the Bears until it stopped being fun). If he wants to take a few years living off his hundreds of millions of dollars that has supported YOUR vanity projects, Kristin, what's it to you?

And also, didn't you want him to be home more so you could spend more time playing CEO Barbie?

Stay classy, Kristin.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

This is how I feel - she seems to have always kind of hated him, always annoyed by what he is doing, or saying.  Why marry him and have kids??

Oh comon now...we *all* know why: three baby meal tickets with a multimillionaire pro-football star ensured her security. I’m sure she liked him enough and he was attractive enough for it to make sense to seal the deal with the first band-aid baby that inevitably led to marriage.

Pro-athletes have women crawling all over them for that kind of life; there’s no doubt in my mind that she knew bagging him would help boost her image and her potential empire. Sure she made her own money over the years, but I’m sure she knew she’d never see the kind of money/lifestyle he afforded her otherwise. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

On the old TWOP Laguna Beach board, someone wrote in saying she went to high school with Kristin. I have no way to verify this as the truth, but I don't really see any reason this person would lie. The poster was not featured on the show.

Anyways, she said that how Kristin appeared on the show was exactly how she was in real life- she was going to live her life, and she honestly did not care if you liked her or didn't like her. I remember being completely shocked (and envious!) because at 21 I had nothing close to her 17 year old self confidence. And it honestly did not seem to me like either arrogance or false bravado, just that she honestly respected herself, she expected other people in her life to treat her with respect, and it wasn't going to ruin her day if you didn't like her. Hell, at 36, I can't say I feel that way all the time. So, I definitely admired that.

Now though, it kind of seems like she is having some major identity crisis and I don't see her reveling in the same self confidence she had as a teenager. She seems kind of sad somehow. I do wonder if Jay has possibly clipped away at her in some manner.

I loved her on Laguna Beach.  I was 100% pro-Kristin, I also admired her self-confidence.  It does seem like she is having an identity crisis.  I don't see the same confidence, I see a try-hard with a lot of nervous energy.

• Love 7