Type keyword(s) to search

Very Cavallari - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

A new episode and no new comments? I see how everyone feels about this show...

I caught it on re-run in the middle of the night. I thought the whole idea to vacation was definetly a production move. I creeped Britt's insta to see she is still with Stone and that made me super sad. He is an epic douche of all douches and she's not seeing it. It's pretty typical for girls in those types of relationships to not see it, but it's sad to watch. Drunk Kristen was a mess and not at all how I'd want to see or interact with my boss. Taylor is still pregnant and I still haven't figured out how to care about it. Overall very basic...I don't want to say boring, just everything you'd expect to see and mostly uninteresting. 

Wirth is still hot though. 

AGREE!

I don't instagram.. do you know how to find Shannon's?  I am curious if she is still with her boyfriend.

Are we the only people watching this?

• Love 1

I'm still watching. I think part of the appeal for me is that they are wearing coats and long pants and it's been so hot, it makes me feeler cooler (temperature-wise, lol!) to watch this.

Stone looks older than Britt and it sounds like he's trying to pull rank. Fuck that. She's right, that's not a partnership.

Drunk Kristen was a little tacky but harmless. Work vacations are still work. I like alcohol as much as anyone but it seemed like a chore to drink that much. Yuck.

My husband and I have a running list of rich peoples names that express their wealth and I'm adding Wirth to the list.

• Love 4

Oh man, if I had made arrangements for someone to care for a puppy while I was away, and my partner just up and took the puppy to his mom without even running it by me I would be so mad.  If that kind of stuff happens all the time, I wouldn't be with said partner for very long.

I never watched Laguna Beach/The Hills, so I don't know why I'm so into this show, but I am really enjoying it.  I have to say that even though I find the name "Uncommon James" to be silly, I do like the logo for the company.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I creeped Britt's insta to see she is still with Stone and that made me super sad. He is an epic douche of all douches and she's not seeing it. It's pretty typical for girls in those types of relationships to not see it, but it's sad to watch.

He's not even attractive! He always looks so sweaty/greasy. Their apartment is pretty small so it also doesn't appear that he's bringing home the bacon.

I enjoyed seeing drunk Kristin, especially when she started doling out the truths.  I might be alone, but I like how she & Jay interact. I live for dry humor and sarcasm. Their facetime was the highlight of the episode for me.

Ratings improved significantly last (due to the Kardashian season premiere). It'll be interesting to see if the stay up this week.

• Love 3

I’m still watching! Also this episode was probably the best one I’ve seen, actually. I kind of love drunk Kristen. Some of it may have been fake but then I had memories of when she was drunk in laguna and it was kind of like that. I don’t count her drunk times in The Hills because I feel like the Hills was all a facade for her.

• Love 1

That ropes course was nuts. I'd never do it. Screw team exercises. I think they're gimmicky and ultimately useless. I actually felt bad for obnoxious Shannon. I wouldn't have done it either.

What's Wirth's family money from? He is the most incongruous cast member.

Reagan going on about her big boobs is like all the hype about Pippa Middleton's non-existent ass. It simply doesn't exist. Reagan has a great figure, but big boobs are not a part of it. Or else she keeps wearing the most unflattering shirts ever.

Kristin is an annoying drunk. That hasn't changed since Laguna Beach. I did like how supportive she was of Taylor, but no way was that the first time she found out Taylor was pregnant.

These people must think we're new to reality shows. No way in pure hell did those two guys just show up with no one knowing.

• Love 7
On 8/13/2018 at 8:14 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

That ropes course was nuts. I'd never do it. Screw team exercises. I think they're gimmicky and ultimately useless. I actually felt bad for obnoxious Shannon. I wouldn't have done it either.

What's Wirth's family money from? He is the most incongruous cast member.

Reagan going on about her big boobs is like all the hype about Pippa Middleton's non-existent ass. It simply doesn't exist. Reagan has a great figure, but big boobs are not a part of it. Or else she keeps wearing the most unflattering shirts ever.

Kristin is an annoying drunk. That hasn't changed since Laguna Beach. I did like how supportive she was of Taylor, but no way was that the first time she found out Taylor was pregnant.

These people must think we're new to reality shows. No way in pure hell did those two guys just show up with no one knowing.

Wirth said he invited them. 

So here is what I could dig up about Wirth in a 2 second google search---his parents are Victor and Tawnie Campbell. It appears his mom does charity work but otherwise is a homemaker. His father Victor is the Senior Vice President of HCA---a major healthcare provider. Here is his bio https://investor.hcahealthcare.com/leadership/directors-officers/victor-l-campbell

So, in short, Wirth's family is loaded. 

Wirth also used to play tight end for the Auburn Tigers but never went professional with it. He also had way shorter hair and I've got to admit, Wirth is one of the few who I think looks better with long hair. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, snarts said:

He's not even attractive! He always looks so sweaty/greasy. Their apartment is pretty small so it also doesn't appear that he's bringing home the bacon.

I enjoyed seeing drunk Kristin, especially when she started doling out the truths.  I might be alone, but I like how she & Jay interact. I live for dry humor and sarcasm. Their facetime was the highlight of the episode for me.

I was shocked at how small their apartment was - I figured he must have money.  Otherwise, I really do not see the appeal.  

I thought drunk Kristen was kind of bs - everyone kept saying she drank so much, but she seemed to be way drunker than everyone else.  It seemed like she wasn't out for very long, so I don't think she can party like she used to.  I used to hate when she was drunk on Laguna.  I remember Kristen, Alex and Jessica going to Dave and Buster's and drinking what looked like daquiris, but they were in high school - so virgin.  They seemed to get a little goofy, so I figured they were bringing alcohol with them to spike the drinks. 

7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Wirth also used to be the QB of the Auburn Tigers but never went professional with it. He also had way shorter hair and I've got to admit, Wirth is one of the few who I think looks better with long hair. 

The long hair is good on him, but after looking him up, I see that he looks better with a very short beard.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Wirth said he invited them. 

So here is what I could dig up about Wirth in a 2 second google search---his parents are Victor and Tawnie Campbell. It appears his mom does charity work but otherwise is a homemaker. His father Victor is the Senior Vice President of HCA---a major healthcare provider. Here is his bio https://investor.hcahealthcare.com/leadership/directors-officers/victor-l-campbell

So, in short, Wirth's family is loaded. 

Wirth also used to be the QB of the Auburn Tigers but never went professional with it. He also had way shorter hair and I've got to admit, Wirth is one of the few who I think looks better with long hair. 

It looks like he may have been a tight end for Auburn (and cursory google doesn’t appear he got a ton of plays). But that’s stil pretty cool!

Was Brittany’s “confessional” that she was a Hall of Fame (or similar) Hooters girl?  I totally missed what she said but if it was that how humble brag “embarrassing”.   I’ll also laugh out loud if I learn here she said she peed while making a 4H speech and somehow my ears heard that. 

We go to Destin and always go to Red Door (I think there’s one in Nashville too). It’s waterfront with pretty cheap drinks. As a side note they have a surprisingly excellent potato salad for a hole in the wall bar.

I enjoyed seeing the chickens. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

It looks like he may have been a tight end for Auburn (and cursory google doesn’t appear he got a ton of plays). But that’s stil pretty cool!

Was Brittany’s “confessional” that she was a Hall of Fame (or similar) Hooters girl?  I totally missed what she said but if it was that how humble brag “embarrassing”.   I’ll also laugh out loud if I learn here she said she peed while making a 4H speech and somehow my ears heard that. 

We go to Destin and always go to Red Door (I think there’s one in Nashville too). It’s waterfront with pretty cheap drinks. As a side note they have a surprisingly excellent potato salad for a hole in the wall bar.

I enjoyed seeing the chickens. 

Thanks for correcting that! I must have read a bad source. 

And yes, here is the tweet announcing it. 

hooters.JPG

• Love 1

The more I watch, the more I come down on Shannon's side re: social media. Case in point: her thinking Kristin would rather wait until the store was 100 percent finished before posting photos of it. That makes sense. Why should she read Kristin's mind about wanting behind-the-scenes photos? More and more I'm thinking Kristin is way in over her head and has piss poor communication skills. Exhibit A: the constant in-fighting between the staff about who reports to whom.

Oh look, more of Kristin's friend and the Canadian who have nothing whatsover to do with the company. Just what we all wanted.  I'm glad Jay put his foot down about not calling him the fucking Canadian. What is there to write home about him, anyway? Maybe he comes off as bland onscreen but is interesting IRL. Some personalities don't translate onscreen, but I'd rather not have to find that out by watching them. Not that Kelly comes off as riveting either.

Having Jenny McCarthy on the show reminded me that Kristin and Jay are anti-vaxxers. Therefore I can't fully respect either of them.

Why does no one on this show wear a seatbelt?

• Love 9

The more I watch, the more I come down on Shannon's side re: social media. Case in point: her thinking Kristin would rather wait until the store was 100 percent finished before posting photos of it. That makes sense. Why should she read Kristin's mind about wanting behind-the-scenes photos? More and more I'm thinking Kristin is way in over her head and has piss poor communication skills. Exhibit A: the constant in-fighting between the staff about who reports to whom.

Yes!! ITA. That entire scene was so frustrating because they were talking about two different things and Kristin was not listening or giving good directions. Shannon was planning promote the store opening on social media, just not by using actual photos of the inside of the store. Because (1) the store wasn't done; and (2) why would people actually go to the store when they can look at pictures of it online and order the products online. The big dummy was Kristin not Shannon.

Also, good god Kelly is boring and annoying. I realize Kristin needs a friend besides Jay but please anybody but Kelly.

Edited by xhoipolloix
  • Love 4

I wasn't going to comment on this show.  I swear I wasn't but... 

Obviously Kristin is over her head.  Kristin only has this store because she is famous and has the bankroll (mostly Jay's, I assume) to fund this endeavor; it is not based on merit.  She is terrible at setting up a chain of command, which causes all of their problems.  Kristin just strolls in to complain about how bad others are doing.  Maybe being there all the time, actually supervising, would be something a "boss CEO" would do in order to get things done the way you want in the first place instead of waiting for others to screw up and then complaining.  ETA, she seemed to have no clue how to figure out the shipping on other types of products.  Shouldn't she have known how to handle that while handing it off to someone else?  Shouldn't there be someone in charge of the online sales presence and shipping and not let it fall to Brittainy, who is the store manager? 

That store???  A gigantic store to sell stuff like earrings, tongs, and a smattering of clothes, all of which you can buy online.  Why????   There is so little inventory in that gigantic space.  How much must they have to (over)charge just to pay the rent?   

This whole show is just designed to promote the store.  One big infomercial disguised as a reality show.  Please may it fail. 

Hate that her fame allows her to have free promotion and opportunities to promote the store on social media, TV, and radio.  

I was actively rooting for her cookbook to not make the bestsellers list, but knew it would, as if it didn't, that would not make it on air.  Why would anyone want a Kristin Cavallari cookbook, especially sight unseen?  Is she somehow known for cooking?  Why would anyone pay for this when you can Google recipes for free?  Do I dare look up reviews to find out if it is actually good? 

Above people are down on the Canadian but he is way better then Kelly, who thinks she is all that and certainly is not.  

I didn't like Gurney's song.  That won a songwriting contest?  It seemed so generic and dull. 

One episode to go.  Will this get a season 2?  Why am I watching, as I don't like Kristen, as she is full of herself and self-important, Jay is an (intentional?) bore, as in a dull, uncongenial person, the others are irrelevant, uninteresting, and unlikable?  But I hate watched every single episode of 'Life of Kylie' and felt the same way about that show. 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 5

Yeah.. Kristen is not a good boss. She just isn’t. At least not what I’ve seen. I’m starting to think she should have kept her business as an online business. It seemed to be doing fine that way. 

If anythung, the only thing she seemed to have needed was an office of some kind for her and the people who worked there to go as Jay seemed to be getting sick of having people in and out of the home and all that. I don’t get the need for a store. Just so she can have one? 

I don’t know if this will get a second season. It might? E! Has a friendly relationship with Kristen, she does the first three hours of the award shows where they play stupid games because it’s only 4:30 and no one is showing for up for the shownthatvearly but e bought up five hours for red carpet stuff and so here’s Kristen and brad and Erin and here’s some games so they might want to keep her happy and renew her show.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I wasn't going to comment on this show.  I swear I wasn't but... 

Obviously Kristin is over her head.  She is terrible at setting up a chain of command, which causes all of their problems.  Kristin just strolls in to complain about how bad others are doing.  Maybe being there all the time, actually supervising, would be something a "boss CEO" would do in order to get things done the way you want in the first place instead of waiting for others to screw up and then complaining.  Kristin only has this store because she is famous and has the bankroll (mostly Jay's, I assume) to fund this endeavor; it is not based on merit.  ETA, she seemed to have no clue how to figure out the shipping on other types of products.  Shouldn't she have known how to handle that while handing it off to someone else?  Shouldn't there be someone in charge of the online sales presence and shipping and not let it fall to Brittainy, who is the store manager? 

That store???  A gigantic store to sell stuff like earrings, tongs, and a smattering of clothes, all of which you can buy online.  Why????   There is so little inventory in that gigantic space.  How much must they have to (over)charge just to pay the rent?   

This whole show is just designed to promote the store.  One big infomercial disguised as a reality show.  Please may it fail. 

Hate that her fame allows her to have free promotion and opportunities to promote the store on social media, TV, and radio.  

I was actively rooting for her cookbook to not make the bestsellers list, but knew it would, as if it didn't, that would not make it on air.  Why would anyone want a Kristin Cavallari cookbook, especially sight unseen?  Is she somehow known for cooking?  Why would anyone pay for this when you can Google recipes for free?  Do I dare look up reviews to find out if it is actually good? 

Above people are down on the Canadian but he is way better then Kelly, who thinks she is all that and certainly is not.  

I didn't like Gurney's song.  That won a songwriting contest?  It seemed so generic and dull. 

One episode to go.  Will this get a season 2?  Why am I watching, as I don't like Kristen, as she is full of herself and self-important, Jay is an (intentional?) bore, as in a dull, uncongenial person, the others are irrelevant, uninteresting, and unlikable?  But I hate watched every single episode of 'Life of Kylie' and felt the same way about that show. 

I’ve heard other (real) authors talk about the backroom stuff that happens to get on the NYT best seller list. Unfortunately, the list is not merit based or talent-based. I’m sure a deal was worked out somewhere to get Kristen enough pre-orders to make the list. 

So sick of Kelly (Kelsey?) whatever friend of Kristen. Red flags about a long distance relationship? You know what else is a red flag? You refusing to call the guy by his real name. “The Canadien” isn’t even a nickname just a generic term. She might as well call him Placeholder, because that’s what he is. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

So sick of Kelly (Kelsey?) whatever friend of Kristen. Red flags about a long distance relationship? You know what else is a red flag? You refusing to call the guy by his real name. “The Canadien” isn’t even a nickname just a generic term. She might as well call him Placeholder, because that’s what he is. 

Yeah Kelly is just so insufferable to keep referring to this guy as the Canadian.   Jay might have been a bad quarterback but he is pretty perceptive about the stupidity around him so kudos to him on insisting that the guy be called by his real name (Matt).

No clue if this will get a second season but Jay is obviously the breakout star as he's getting all the buzz on places the Ringer so if E! does go for round 2, they need to make sure he has a bigger role to keep people watching.

• Love 5

It feels like "John Stone" is a character an actor is playing as "Worst Boyfriend". Seriously, everything he is, does, and says is the opposite of anything a decent person would do. And what's with his "2.5 week tour"? Is that even a thing? Don't people tour for months on end? 7 countries in 2.5 weeks? Where is he playing? I can't even imagine him getting gigs in 7 states let alone 7 countries. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I’ve heard other (real) authors talk about the backroom stuff that happens to get on the NYT best seller list. Unfortunately, the list is not merit based or talent-based. I’m sure a deal was worked out somewhere to get Kristen enough pre-orders to make the list. 

Yeah, I feel like the New York Times best selling list isn’t really of merit anymore. Mostly because now everyone is writing a book so.. it seems like if you gve a recognizable name from somewhere, your an actor,  reality tv show persona, your book is getting somewhere on that list. I don’t want to Minimize it but I feel like it’s more about names now. And that could be a money thing as well, who’s throwing the most money, etc. And I mean from a business point that makes sense. 

Also i thought it was stupid for Kristen to “pretend” with the new girls about uncommon James and act like a customer, I kind of wish she would have hired someone or had a friend of hers do this while she watches. Having Kristen do it herself just felt dumb to me. Lisa Vanderpump actually hired a person to eat at Sur once and tell her what was going on in the restaurant. I don’t know why Kristen did this.

• Love 4

Admittedly, yes, I have been watching this season. General thoughts about the show - Jay is easily the star. I live for that kind of sarcasm and dry humour, haha. I know this show is about promoting the show but having watched Kristin struggle with navigating being a boss lady, her relationship with Jay is really what I see as the saving grace of the show. I think they complement each other well and they do seem real and authentic to me when they’re together. I laugh every time Kristin talks about Jay’s obsession with watching live footage of deer eat, haha. Having watching her on Laguna and The Hills, I do think that she’s found a more humble and suburban life which I would have never guessed for her watching her years ago but I think it’s been a good change for her and I would say that is attributed with being with someone who doesn’t seem caught up with wanting to always be in the spotlight or downtown partying while the kids are home with the nanny. I personally don’t see the reason for having a brick and mortar store when you offer all of your products online. And the store design is very minimalist so there doesn’t seem to be much stocked in there. Selection to in-store customers seem quite limited or at best, it will serve as a showcase where you can see all the products in person and can order directly from the store but between rent, bills and customer acquisition costs, I’m not sure her investment in a storefront makes her better off than simply re-investing into promoting her brand strictly online. If she has enough product, she could build her business into a subscription service and use the space as a packing facility but until then, this storefront seems more like an opportunity to create a boutique atmosphere that you hope will attract people because it looks trendy.

For the latest episode - I actually agree with Kristin that in a lead up to a grand opening where you have someone specifically employed to handle social media, putting together sneak peeks of the space in order to create hype is a no-brainer and should be part of the initiative of the person in that role rather than being a task that has to be assigned to that person. Where Kristin loses me is that she brings this up soon before the launch is taking place. And I still don’t understand really if Brittany is the manage for the store (so overseeing the employees who will work at the store ala greeters, cashiers, floor staff) or is Brittany also overseeing the general operations which would include Shannon’s social media position? Either way, Kristin should be having regular meetings with her Brittany and Shannon (if Shannon reports directly to Kristin) to discuss priorities, progress and expectations (not only when she has to leave town while important things need to be done at the store). Sure, you can expect Shannon should be thinking ahead when it comes to social media promotion, but if you’re people aren’t coming to you with ideas and you aren’t at least casually checking in on the social media presence then you’re are also slacking on your responsibilities as the boss.

I see a bit of the same dryness in Matt as I see in Jay. I can believe they got along well (without Jay trying too hard to be on his best behaviour). I appreciate him calling out the women for calling him The Canadian and refusing to take part in it.

I do not like Brittany’s boyfriend. At all.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah.. Kristen is not a good boss. She just isn’t. At least not what I’ve seen. I’m starting to think she should have kept her business as an online business. It seemed to be doing fine that way. 

If anythung, the only thing she seemed to have needed was an office of some kind for her and the people who worked there to go as Jay seemed to be getting sick of having people in and out of the home and all that. I don’t get the need for a store. Just so she can have one?

Agreed 100 percent. Absolutely no need for a store. If they wanted someplace for the staff to congregate for the show, a warehouse and/or offices would have sufficed. Retail is dying. The store better be in a bomb ass location to bring in foot traffic. I can't imagine tourists, even fans of the Hills, specifically seeking out the store if it's in a crappy location.

5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

For the latest episode - I actually agree with Kristin that in a lead up to a grand opening where you have someone specifically employed to handle social media, putting together sneak peeks of the space in order to create hype is a no-brainer and should be part of the initiative of the person in that role rather than being a task that has to be assigned to that person. Where Kristin loses me is that she brings this up soon before the launch is taking place. And I still don’t understand really if Brittany is the manage for the store (so overseeing the employees who will work at the store ala greeters, cashiers, floor staff) or is Brittany also overseeing the general operations which would include Shannon’s social media position? Either way, Kristin should be having regular meetings with her Brittany and Shannon (if Shannon reports directly to Kristin) to discuss priorities, progress and expectations (not only when she has to leave town while important things need to be done at the store). Sure, you can expect Shannon should be thinking ahead when it comes to social media promotion, but if you’re people aren’t coming to you with ideas and you aren’t at least casually checking in on the social media presence then you’re are also slacking on your responsibilities as the boss.

I agree that social media buildup is important, but I can also easily see Kristin going the other way and not wanting anyone to see the store until it was perfect. Either way makes sense. Agreed that she should have made expectations clear LONG before they had only a few days to open. Shannon is a lazy shit-stirrer but she can't be expected to read Kristin's mind. Social media is very precarious since once something is posted, it is truly out there forever. I agree there should have been a plan in place. Having said that, Shannon is a self-admitted lazy worker. She'd have driven me nuts. But she will probably have a job longer than Brittainy the store manager, since I don't think the store is long for this world.

• Love 3

Above post, yeah like I said I’m pretty sure she opened up a store because she wanted a store of her own. But I’m curious if it’s going to affect her sales. It seemed to be doing alright enough online so I don’t know. She’s all worried and nervous about no one shopping there and being embarrassed. 

And  here’s the thing, I think the store will do fine if this show keeps going on. When there’s a business and a show is foucused primary on that, the business itself will do fine enough because it’s going to become a tourist attraction, but if this show doesn’t get picked up, it probably won’t. Bigger celebrities have had their own business ventures fail. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I agree that social media buildup is important, but I can also easily see Kristin going the other way and not wanting anyone to see the store until it was perfect. Either way makes sense. Agreed that she should have made expectations clear LONG before they had only a few days to open. Shannon is a lazy shit-stirrer but she can't be expected to read Kristin's mind. Social media is very precarious since once something is posted, it is truly out there forever. I agree there should have been a plan in place. Having said that, Shannon is a self-admitted lazy worker. She'd have driven me nuts. But she will probably have a job longer than Brittainy the store manager, since I don't think the store is long for this world.

I agree but what I meant is that a serious professional would have taken the initiative to map out the different ways to hype up the store opening and would have pitched the idea of doing behind the scenes sneak peeks leading up to the launch. I certainly didn't mean that Shannon should have made the executive decision to publish photos of an unfinished product because like you said, it's very easy to see a scenario where a boss wouldn't want an unfinished product being shown to the public before the launch. Kristin says that she has a soft spot for Shannon because she's been around the longest to see the evolution of the store and I can get that if she's a good hearted person, she may feel inclined to give a young woman a chance for employment but at some point, you can't want to be a boss lady and keep employees around who do not have a work ethic that reflects what you and your brand should be about. From next week's previews, it seems Kirstin goes off on Shannon in particular and Shannon's tears seem 100% real to me (or she's a great actress). And while I wouldn't be surprised if Shannon did fuck up next week, I also wouldn't be surprised if Kirstin's lack of organization with her staff unfairly set them up for failure which she wholly takes out on them. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Retail is dying. The store better be in a bomb ass location to bring in foot traffic. I can't imagine tourists, even fans of the Hills, specifically seeking out the store if it's in a crappy location.

That’s what’s so pathetic about this store—-it’s NOT in a good location. It’s NOT a destination; there’s zero cool vibe in this store, as it’s literally just a hollow, cave-like shrine to KC and her retail whims. It’s located several streets around the corner from a stylish area of town, but on the far end/seedy backside of this area. Not a pretty or desirable area at all. In fact the shop is right next to a former thuggy nightclub that got shut down a year ago due to multiple violent incidents that went down there...makes her overpriced basic white girl boutique seem all the more random. And it’s wayyyyy too big of a space for the small amount of haphazard and overpriced little items she has in there. I’ll be shocked if it lasts over a year there...of course her grumpy hubby will probably keep paying the rent just to keep her happy.

I’m grossed out by the fact that some of the dipshit minions on this show have actually started to think of themselves as reality stars now. Case in point, Manbun was just promoting his services on “Cameo.” Now I’m willing to bet that there are folks who would gladly pay for the likes of NeNe Leakes or Lisa Vanderpump to send a Cameo...Manbun from a little-watched E show? Get over yourself, dude.

• Love 6

On a side note, mtv is rebooting the hills, without Kristen or LC it seems. I’m bringing this up because it’s odd that this is happening because originally Kristen said E! Wanted to do a Hills reboot but certain people had contracts locked in at another network, and yet here we are. But yeah, just thought I would throw that bit of info out there. 

• Love 2

I've worked with people like Shannon before.  She just seems like the type of employee that will do the least amount possible to get a job done and who has to constantly be reminded what to do, rather than have the insticts of what an employee that is in charge of social media should automatically know to do. Definitely not a go-getter but someone who relies on her connections. Not a fan. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I've worked with people like Shannon before.  She just seems like the type of employee that will do the least amount possible to get a job done and who has to constantly be reminded what to do, rather than have the insticts of what an employee that is in charge of social media should automatically know to do. Definitely not a go-getter but someone who relies on her connections. Not a fan. 

Yeah I agree but also doesn’t seem like she’s giving much direction from Kristen at times.

• Love 3

The store is so echo-y. That can't be good. Maybe it just exists so that the show can exist. It certainly looked more like a set than a store. It shouldn't be, but it's always amazing to me how far looks and surface charm will take a person.

• Love 3
On 8/20/2018 at 10:28 PM, Sun-Bun said:

That’s what’s so pathetic about this store—-it’s NOT in a good location. It’s NOT a destination; there’s zero cool vibe in this store, as it’s literally just a hollow, cave-like shrine to KC and her retail whims. It’s located several streets around the corner from a stylish area of town, but on the far end/seedy backside of this area. Not a pretty or desirable area at all. In fact the shop is right next to a former thuggy nightclub that got shut down a year ago due to multiple violent incidents that went down there...makes her overpriced basic white girl boutique seem all the more random. And it’s wayyyyy too big of a space for the small amount of haphazard and overpriced little items she has in there. I’ll be shocked if it lasts over a year there...of course her grumpy hubby will probably keep paying the rent just to keep her happy.

I’m grossed out by the fact that some of the dipshit minions on this show have actually started to think of themselves as reality stars now. Case in point, Manbun was just promoting his services on “Cameo.” Now I’m willing to bet that there are folks who would gladly pay for the likes of NeNe Leakes or Lisa Vanderpump to send a Cameo...Manbun from a little-watched E show? Get over yourself, dude.

Agreed. For the store to get foot traffic, it needs to be a couple of blocks east, or one block west. It’s in between two trendy areas, and not in a way that you’d walk past it. Also, I just noticed that before they show the storefront, they show a montage of trendy Nashville locations, ending with a big Belle Meade sign. That’s Old Money Nashville, and the store is nowhere near Belle Meade. 

• Love 3

I didn't keep up with this show, so I binged this morning. Um, how old is Brittainy's boyfriend? He looks like her dad - he also seems really gross and sweaty. She needs to throw that fish back in the sea.

I'm with those of you that like Jay. I like his dry sense of humor and I think he and Kristin get along really well. I've never really been a Kristin fan, but I will admit she is semi-interesting to watch. I respect their decision not to show their kids, but it would definitely be more interesting to see their family.

Her employees are not as interesting. Shannon is annoying and her boyfriend seems like he went on the show for the music exposure. I don't understand Wirth - is he just rich from family money? He just dicks around and "works" at Uncommon James?

And what does Kelly, Kristin's best friend, do for a living?

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I didn't keep up with this show, so I binged this morning. Um, how old is Brittainy's boyfriend? He looks like her dad - he also seems really gross and sweaty. She needs to throw that fish back in the sea.

Her employees are not as interesting. Shannon is annoying and her boyfriend seems like he went on the show for the music exposure. I don't understand Wirth - is he just rich from family money? He just dicks around and "works" at Uncommon James?

Basic brunette #2 Kelly must be doing okay if she’s living in a house in that neighborhood, unless the show rented it for her. I can see why she’s single though; seems like she has all the sexual naivety of a tween.

Basic brunette #1’s boyfriend is just gross all around. The smugness just reeks from him; probably just because he literally looks smelly. Maybe he has those almighty “connections” that wannabes like her enjoy. I’m guessing at the very least he probably has good weed connections.

Shannon is beyond annoying and definitely thinks she’s way hotter than she really is. Probably swans around town acting like a VIP now; she seems like the type who gets high on her own fumes. Her boyfriend is your typical Nashville basic bro singing lame country tunes; you see young douches just like him alllll over his native habitat of Midtown.

Wirth comes from family money; his dad is the head of HCA. He went to college on a football scholarship and appears to be your typical young trust funder who does odd jobs as a male model/trainer and is otherwise just the main Manbun about town. 

• Love 8

If Kristin cared so much, she wouldn’t have hired a bunch of incompetents based on their looks and whether E! thinks they’d be good for a reality show. It all seems fake. 

Edited by MinorL
  • Love 7

I love this show so much. It's pure fluff and I love the slick production values.

Why do Kristin's people have so many screw-ups? The catering thing was so easily avoidable, just call and confirm the day. If I was that caterer, I'd have declined to have my name mentioned on TV.  I was cringing just watching the store-bought food being unwrapped.

Could Jon have looked like any more of a douche in that bun? He has the most punchable face on TV. I'm glad his mom took Brittainy's side. He is such a baby. He couldn't have supported her for a few hours by eating some canapes and standing around? My God. On the flip side, Jay was supportive by pushing Kristin to thank people and getting everyone to shut up so they could hear her. And he looked great in his jacket.

I'm not sure what to make of the Home Goods fuck-up and the broken website links. On the one hand, fire Shannon already. No amount of drama for the show is worth her constant screw-ups on the business end, if this is a true issue and not something made up for the show. Having said that, I had a previous job where I screwed up quite a few times and got lambasted by my boss in much the way that Kristin dragged Shannon, so that scene brought back unpleasant memories. Sometimes a bad fit is a bad fit.

On the other hand, mistakes happen and Brittainy seemed to fix the weight issue quickly. I don't really like Kristin's method of yelling and cursing at the staff. They did mess up, that's a given. But Kristin's communication skills are at least as much to blame. Telling Shannon she was glad she was crying? Ugh. But I guess it makes for good teevee.

Kelly is stunning with great hair, and has a great career. But she's boring to watch and I'm tired of her relationship drama. Someone upthread described her as twee when it comes to relationships, and I agree.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I love this show so much. It's pure fluff and I love the slick production values.

Why do Kristin's people have so many screw-ups? The catering thing was so easily avoidable, just call and confirm the day. If I was that caterer, I'd have declined to have my name mentioned on TV.  I was cringing just watching the store-bought food being unwrapped.

Could Jon have looked like any more of a douche in that bun? He has the most punchable face on TV. I'm glad his mom took Brittainy's side. He is such a baby. He couldn't have supported her for a few hours by eating some canapes and standing around? My God. On the flip side, Jay was supportive by pushing Kristin to thank people and getting everyone to shut up so they could hear her. And he looked great in his jacket.

I'm not sure what to make of the Home Goods fuck-up and the broken website links. On the one hand, fire Shannon already. No amount of drama for the show is worth her constant screw-ups on the business end, if this is a true issue and not something made up for the show. Having said that, I had a previous job where I screwed up quite a few times and got lambasted by my boss in much the way that Kristin dragged Shannon, so that scene brought back unpleasant memories. Sometimes a bad fit is a bad fit.

On the other hand, mistakes happen and Brittainy seemed to fix the weight issue quickly. I don't really like Kristin's method of yelling and cursing at the staff. They did mess up, that's a given. But Kristin's communication skills are at least as much to blame. Telling Shannon she was glad she was crying? Ugh. But I guess it makes for good teevee.

Kelly is stunning with great hair, and has a great career. But she's boring to watch and I'm tired of her relationship drama. Someone upthread described her as twee when it comes to relationships, and I agree.

I feel like Kristin is single-handedly setting back women.  Her management style is to not communicate any directions, and then blow-up at her employees AFTER the screw-up occurs. I realize it's a show, but she looks completely unprofessional when she starts screaming at her employees before even giving them a chance to explain what happen or look into the situation. Meanwhile, Brittainy remained calm and composed while trying to figure out what happened with the shipping. And I understand Shannon isn't a self-starter, but Kristin was the one who hired her, so SHE needs to be the one pushing her (if she wants Shannon there). I don't agree with Shannon's reasoning for not showing pre-launch stuff on Instagram, but she had a reason and Kristin clearly didn't think to check in with Shannon beforehand. Maybe Shannon should be more proactive asking Kristin on what she wants, but I also don't think it's Shannon's job to read Kristin's mind and figure out what she wants.

Started following Brittainy on IG, and sad to see that she and what's-his-name are still together. Like everyone else on this board, I can't understand what she sees in him. I like how one poster suggested he has a good weed hookup. That's another thing I'll never understand about girls. They'll hang out, date, get involved with the shittiest guys for access to free drugs. Why not spend a little of your own money, get your own connection, and leave the shitty guys out of the equation? Is it that hard to get drugs?

Regan was a waste this year. Kelly and the Canadian were wastes this year (if she's really a stylist for Dierks and Jason then it can't be that hard to find a guy. Those guys have TEAMS of people working for them, and I imagine most of them are men). Taylor and her storylines were a waste.

For the future, just focus on Jay, their house, their animals, any Nashville scenery, and I guess occasionally show Kristin and Brittainy (sans her boyfriend). 

• Love 8

I want that dress Kristin was wearing at the launch. I have to say, for the most part, I do enjoy her style. I’m surprised that Kristin was so chill about the caterer screwing up like that but in that moment, you don’t have much choice. I hope the caterer brought platters to put the sushi out because leaving it in the grocery store sushi platter is even more unprofessional than forgetting that she had a booking that day, lol.

Kristin has done a lot of things wrong when it comes to managing her people but this time, I can’t fault her for being upset because she communicated what she needed done, why it needed to be done and she provided the information that Brittany would need in order to complete the task. That said, I personally wouldn’t have accepted a ‘yes’ when asked if the task was done. I would have gotten Brittany to sit down with me and go through the steps and at least figure out a way to do a trial run or something to make sure it was working properly. Not that I’m a micromanager, but I need to feel comfortable that the person knows what they’re doing and as they prove that, it’ll get to the point where when I ask and they say ‘yes’, I can accept that and move on. You need to keep tabs on your employees to see what’s on their plate and make sure that they can reasonably complete the tasks they have.  I’ll give credit to Brittany for resetting herself and fixing the issue quickly.

Shannon didn’t even confirm the link before posting it and then referred to a link that, forget was the wrong link, didn’t even work. Oh man…I don’t blame the Raegan for being content with her lowing paying job in the front, lol.

Jay’s reaction to the idea of Instagram being an actual job had me laughing. Show MVP.  They literally showed Jay doing nothing while Kristin was knocking out things in the house, lol.

After all the things Brittany has expressed to her bf, he summarizes it as being small issues. Run far away Brittany, lol.

• Love 9
On 8/26/2018 at 11:52 AM, ExplainItAgain said:

I'm with those of you that like Jay. I like his dry sense of humor and I think he and Kristin get along really well. I've never really been a Kristin fan, but I will admit she is semi-interesting to watch. I respect their decision not to show their kids, but it would definitely be more interesting to see their family.

I binged on Sunday too and agree with your take on Kristin, Jay and the kids - you can tell that this couple really clicks, and that they are about the family despite the other things going on.

Maybe someone at E thinks Shannon brings the conflict they need, but I’d fire her asap - she’s all about Shannon, and manipulates to cover her ass. Makes me think the brick and mortar store is only about the show - as others have said, it’s not necessary these days.

• Love 4

Shannon has one of the easier jobs and cannot do it right and then she rolled her eyes. Just fire her! Grown people don't act like that. Also, grown people don't yell at people who work for them, Kristen. The only professional one is Brittany. Her comment to her boyfriend on how he "provides content" cracked me up. That's not a compliment, brah.

• Love 4

I want that dress Kristin was wearing at the launch. I have to say, for the most part, I do enjoy her style. I’m surprised that Kristin was so chill about the caterer screwing up like that but in that moment, you don’t have much choice. I hope the caterer brought platters to put the sushi out because leaving it in the grocery store sushi platter is even more unprofessional than forgetting that she had a booking that day, lol.

Kristin has done a lot of things wrong when it comes to managing her people but this time, I can’t fault her for being upset because she communicated what she needed done, why it needed to be done and she provided the information that Brittany would need in order to complete the task. That said, I personally wouldn’t have accepted a ‘yes’ when asked if the task was done. I would have gotten Brittany to sit down with me and go through the steps and at least figure out a way to do a trial run or something to make sure it was working properly. Not that I’m a micromanager, but I need to feel comfortable that the person knows what they’re doing and as they prove that, it’ll get to the point where when I ask and they say ‘yes’, I can accept that and move on. You need to keep tabs on your employees to see what’s on their plate and make sure that they can reasonably complete the tasks they have.  I’ll give credit to Brittany for resetting herself and fixing the issue quickly.

Shannon didn’t even confirm the link before posting it and then referred to a link that, forget was the wrong link, didn’t even work. Oh man…I don’t blame the Raegan for being content with her lowing paying job in the front, lol.

Jay’s reaction to the idea of Instagram being an actual job had me laughing. Show MVP.  They literally showed Jay doing nothing while Kristin was knocking out things in the house, lol.

After all the things Brittany has expressed to her bf, he summarizes it as being small issues. Run far away Brittany, lol.

The opening of the store is "so important" to Kristin and she has worked "so hard," yet she came in the first day well after the store opened, and left way before the store closed (Brittainy and Regan were skyping the closing to Kristin who had been home for awhile-she was doing dishes).  I know she has kids and wants to spend time with them, but this one "important" day she should have been at the store, as what happens is so "important" to her and she is a draw for the customers.  She has no problem leaving the kids to travel to New York for promotion and Los Angeles for the Oscars. 

I have to think people lining up to get into the store as soon as it opens on opening day are actually Kristin Cavallari fans and want to see her at the store.  She also should have checked for problems with the website before opening day to head off issues. 

IMO, Kristin wants there to be issues, either for drama for the show or so she can go scorched earth on the employees and think she is a tough boss.  She should be at the store full-time until it is up and doing well, not leave it in the hands of underlings to fail at and then complain they are not as invested as she is.  No, they are not as invested, as it is not theirs to invest in.  Just bad management style in general and shows a laziness and disinterest from the person who says she "worked so hard" and this is "so important to."  Walk the walk rather then talk the talk.   

I was annoyed this show got a season two, even though I watched every episode, so I must "enjoy" it on some level.  Probably hate-watching.  Kristin's success seems unearned, in my opinion, and that is what bothers me about her and this show.   

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 10

Shannon just tries too hard to be cute and funny when she's just not .. facially , she  reminds me of a character from full house ( I was one of Stephanie's friends , maybe micki .) anyone else see it ? 

• Love 3

late to the party... regarding the "grand opening"... I felt as if I was watching a bunch of women completing their SR college project, as opposed to experienced business women.  Meaning go trough all of the motions of launching a business but once the semester is over and the final grades post, ditch everything and everyone goes their separate ways.

Kristen is acting like she is opening the next-Saks Fifth Avenue. I wonder did she ever work in a store - prior to acting? She seems to be missing some business skills and hired the wrong people; mainly she's not big, nor is her items big enough for the retail space she has.. Jewelry  - in a warehouse looking store ? Zales Jewelers isn't that big. Brick and Motor stores are getting smaller - re-purposing the square footage.

I only clicked a few earrings on the site ( link ) and they are sold out... Not good - as least say coming soon,, lets add to waiting list.. something . "sold out" makes her feel good .

She's got some wooden spoons  - the kind generations ago used for discipline - for $62 = really ??  ( link2 )

Regarding the internet issues. There are ways to test out the site before you launch it to the public. All of those grown people (or her children) in the site - couldn't click on each picture to test out the site? The website is too many pictures of her - like she is selling herself. And the shipping could have been tested out before hand.

She's a former NFL wife - she should have a whole network of wives to invite for opening. and feedback. and business advice.

The store looked empty and barren to me.  I know art is subjective - but what exactly was the big rant about this wall - the left side ? I missed it when they showed in the episode:

uj-store-6.thumb.jpg.0138eebdfd488ca2a6bbf8b6c8ff426f.jpg

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, sATL said:

She's got some wooden spoons  - the kind generations ago used for discipline - for $62 = really ??  ( link2 )

HA!  

$62 is crazy, they are cheaper at Nordstrom Rack.  By the way, pretty much everything she sells can be found at the Rack, for less.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 4

I just looked at her site and it.. kind of underwhelming to me. Nothing that great and also yeah.. really overpriced for It. Also I agree, like the other poster a lot of stuff just says sold out. I mean I guess that’s good but it seems like a lot of Product is sold out. 

Eta: Kristen is acknowledging the lack of things in stock and says they will be restocked  by the end of September: 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
3 hours ago, Bazinga said:

The opening of the store is "so important" to Kristin and she has worked "so hard," yet she came in the first day well after the store opened, and left way before the store closed (Brittainy and Regan were skyping the closing to Kristin who had been home for awhile-she was doing dishes).  I know she has kids and wants to spend time with them, but this one "important" day she should have been at the store, as what happens is so "important" to her and she is a draw for the customers.  She has no problem leaving the kids to travel to New York for promotion and Los Angeles for the Oscars. 

I have to think people lining up to get into the store as soon as it opens on opening day are actually Kristin Cavallari fans and want to see her at the store.  She also should have checked for problems with the website before opening day to head off issues. 

IMO, Kristin wants there to be issues, either for drama for the show or so she can go scorched earth on the employees and think she is a tough boss.  She should be at the store full-time until it is up and doing well, not leave it in the hands of underlings to fail at and then complain they are not as invested as she is.  No, they are not as invested, as it is not theirs to invest in.  Just bad management style in general and shows a laziness and disinterest from the person who says she "worked so hard" and this is "so important to."  Walk the walk rather then talk the talk.   

I was annoyed this show got a season two, even though I watched every episode, so I must "enjoy" it on some level.  Probably hate-watching.  Kristin's success seems unearned, in my opinion, and that is what bothers me about her and this show.   

This about sums up the problems I have with Kristin's leadership skills. I'm just not a big fan of poor communication skills and then yelling at staff when kinks happen on an opening day. Yelling to underlings is, to me, a sign of weakness. I hate it as a form of leadership (can you tell I once had a boss just like that?). If she's going to be hands off to the point of not being in the store constantly, then she needs more Brittainys and fewer Shannons. Guarantee there's a girl out there who's as skilled as Shannon with social media without the drama, but the added layer of being on a reality show requires that drama. So it seems to me that Kristin can't have it both ways - she can't have a professional social media person and also the drama for a reality show at the same time.

Brittainy seems to be the only true professional on here. I admired her calm approach to solving the weight problem. I'm kind of annoyed with Kristin for automatically assuming Brittainy hadn't done her due diligence with the weight and dimensions. It seemed like a website bug to me.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

This about sums up the problems I have with Kristin's leadership skills. I'm just not a big fan of poor communication skills and then yelling at staff when kinks happen on an opening day. Yelling to underlings is, to me, a sign of weakness. I hate it as a form of leadership (can you tell I once had a boss just like that?). If she's going to be hands off to the point of not being in the store constantly, then she needs more Brittainys and fewer Shannons. Guarantee there's a girl out there who's as skilled as Shannon with social media without the drama, but the added layer of being on a reality show requires that drama. So it seems to me that Kristin can't have it both ways - she can't have a professional social media person and also the drama for a reality show at the same time.

Brittainy seems to be the only true professional on here. I admired her calm approach to solving the weight problem. I'm kind of annoyed with Kristin for automatically assuming Brittainy hadn't done her due diligence with the weight and dimensions. It seemed like a website bug to me.

Exactly. Stuff happens. As a LEADER Kristin should be the way reassuring her staff so that they don’t get upset and the bug gets fixed. Stuff happens. If you want to FIX it, calm the F down, sort things out, and if someone really screws up deal with it. There’s nothing productive about Kristin freaking out like that. I’ve “messed up” at work and already feel awful, my good managers reassure me that I’m a good worker and stuff isn’t my fault. Then we figure out a solution. 

• Love 5