Type keyword(s) to search

Vampire Diaries In The Media

Well, I'm not terribly excited about season 7. I stopped watching this season at episode 5, once Damon was basically away from Bonnie and although Defan and Bamon are the only things holding my attention and they've gotten good progress this season, I just can't stand everything else and I know season 7 will be like this. I can't even imagine what they are planning for next season. At least Steven finally gets off the show. It probably would have worked fine if he stayed dead in season 4. I like Jeremy, but I think they lost writing for him after they killed him via Silas. He had good storylines before then (ok, really just Anna and the beginning part of the vampire hunter storyline) but obviously they couldn't have him kill the vampires on the show, so they screwed that up. Then they brought him back for no good reason other than to please Elena and then had him mostly useless for season 5. I'm sure Steven was happy for the paycheck but I would have been fine if he left season 4, just like I was fine with Alaric being gone and now slightly disappointed he's back, especially now that they've reverted his vampirism just for convenience. 

At this point, I feel like if your name isn't Nina or Ian (I can't even fully include Paul in this because I'm not sure), you're not important on this show. Damon is good away from Elena, and Elena is good as a human. And if they don't have that season 7, I really think season 7 will be it for them. Well, I think it'll be it for them regardless because can anyone on this show stand the storylines they've been given? 

I wouldn't be surprised, though, to see a wedding for season 7 or even the finale of season 6. And of course, with our luck, it'll be Damon and Elena. Clearly if Plec mentioned weddings that the idea has been on her mind once or twice, so who's to say she won't go through with it? 

• Love 1

Wedding??? I think I just threw up a little.

The very idea is ludicrous. Not a single couple on this show is anywhere near stable and functional enough to even consider getting married. Good grief. This is going to end like Gossip Girl, isn't it?

Delena honeymoon phase....get outta here with that crap. There was a time when I would have preferred this to the endless drama and angst and obstacles but at this point I'm ready to throw something at the screen when I just see them together, so that's not gonna help my enjoyment of the show one bit.

Is it too much to ask that they explore Damon with somebody else (better than Elena) in a serious fashion and Elena as single before the show ends? Don't worry, I know that was rhetorical.

• Love 4

I don`t think Plec was refering to specific plans for a wedding. She just lumped it in with special occassions you could bring a character back for. Besides, I know Delena talked about forever but I can`t see Damon ever contemplating a human concept like marriage. In fact, I can`t see any of the older vampires we`ve ever met in the entirety of the show thinking about it like that. Elena and Caroline are way too young to have let go of such human ideas completely but the Salvatore brothers? Outside of their jok-y role-play in terms of starting a new life, Stefan and Elena didn`t really discuss it either.     

That's the thing, why would a vampire get married (especially in this universe)? Seems a bit silly to talk about lifelong commitments in that context. I got the same feeling that it was just an example, but you know enough chatter in response would have then thinking seriously along those lines.

On topic, I'm excited that maybe they might be forced to end at 7 since they'd lose some people otherwise. This could be known as a show that got wobbly in the middle but tightened it up in time for the end, or it could be a show that somehow managed to find a new basement of suck every season and never recovered. Here's hoping for Kevin Williamson to surprise us all and return.

Edited by DigitalCount
  • Love 2

Nina and Kat attended some event and both looked pretty weird. I mean, Kat tends to be on the wacky-but-cool side (and I'd say the dress would be okay, if not for the lipstick - I cannot unsee Joey Tribbiani yelling "Ichiban! Lipstick for men!" when I see that) but Nina usually dresses very elegantly, so I have no clue how that happened. Not that both of these ladies aren't stunning...just their clothes are not.

Kat:

http://www.gofugyourself.com/fugs-and-fabs-elles-women-in-television-event-2-01-2015/elle-magazine-annual-women-in-television-celebration-presented-by-hearts-on-fire-diamonds-and-olay-in-los-angeles-17

Nina:

http://www.gofugyourself.com/fugs-and-fabs-elles-women-in-television-event-2-01-2015/elle-magazine-annual-women-in-television-celebration-presented-by-hearts-on-fire-diamonds-and-olay-in-los-angeles-4

Good lord, that Rorshach boob cover is just so weird. I mean, I definitely noticed it which is the point of the red carpet so mission accomplished.

Last week on Project Runway, one of the designers was wearing royal blue lipstick so Kat's looks normal in comparison.

• Love 1

Nina and Kat attended some event and both looked pretty weird. I mean, Kat tends to be on the wacky-but-cool side (and I'd say the dress would be okay, if not for the lipstick - I cannot unsee Joey Tribbiani yelling "Ichiban! Lipstick for men!" when I see that) but Nina usually dresses very elegantly, so I have no clue how that happened. Not that both of these ladies aren't stunning...just their clothes are not.

Kat:

http://www.gofugyourself.com/fugs-and-fabs-elles-women-in-television-event-2-01-2015/elle-magazine-annual-women-in-television-celebration-presented-by-hearts-on-fire-diamonds-and-olay-in-los-angeles-17

Nina:

http://www.gofugyourself.com/fugs-and-fabs-elles-women-in-television-event-2-01-2015/elle-magazine-annual-women-in-television-celebration-presented-by-hearts-on-fire-diamonds-and-olay-in-los-angeles-4

I'm down with both the looks! Love Kat's lipstick, I think the people on GoFugYourself are not up on lipstick swag. I'm a heavy makeup/ipsy/youtube tutorial follower and that colour and colours that are far far more shocking (I don't find that shocking at all) are really popular nowadays. My friend's sister has a makeup line that does greens, blues, purples and various shades of black ;). I think I actually have that shade that Kat is wearing in one form or another,NYX lipbutter in Marshmallow it can look quite gorgeous on light brown skintones). For me there is no outfit too outlandish if you know how to wear it with conviction and Kat is good at that. Dobrev is a classic beauty and I love the throwback to the 30's/40's style with that cutout and pantsuit. It has a Lauren Bacall meets Marilyn Monroe feel to it. I would have elected for a sleeveless version myself but I like the idea. The outfit Kat is wearing reminds me of  of Dynasty and Dallas, nostalgia with lamé and sequins. Ah the glory days!

ETA I don't know why they think Kat's lips are blue, it's a pale shade of violet with pink undertones.

Edited by slayer2

I would kill for Nina Dobrev's figure!

Come to think of it...I would kill for the figure of any of the 3 female leads....

Nina Dobrev has one of the best if not the best figure I've ever seen.

• Love 1

There's no question that she looks great (they all do, the term CW-pretty doesn't come from nothing), I just question the decision to wear a top that looks like somebody spilled a bottle of ink over her boobs. But to each their own. Usually, her choices are a lot better and there's no denying that she's stunning enough to almost pull this off, but....seriously, it's an illusion netting shirt with a strategically placed Rorschach test, so nope.

• Love 1

I have to say, a sadistic and twisted part of me does kind of enjoy that Ian and Nina's relationship completely fell apart right as the show finally went full speed ahead with the Damon/Elena pairing complete with setting them up (at least it sure seems this way right now) as endgame. So they're pretty much stuck together onscreen until the show ends or one leaves. Yeah I think that's kind of hilarious.

• Love 2

Yeah I'd say it's pretty awkward especially now that he's engaged. Eek. I think there's a divide between Nina and half the cast at the moment anyway. I got that feeling when neither her nor Ian got the invite to Candice's wedding and has continued since then.

However, I watched One Tree Hill for nearly a decade so I think I'm just now programmed to enjoy the potential BTS drama in every show.

I say let them all get on with it and do what  they are paid very well to do. The BTS stuff is probably over dramatised to the point that it is completely unrecognisable from the truth anyway, and who the heck really cares?

Edited by miss-vanilla

I love his response to the question about how the show should end. I agree that Elena should be human again, and that maybe the Salvatores should just be done. As much romanticizing as this show does of vampires and immortality, it'd be kind of nice to show that being human is more precious and magical or whatever.

• Love 1

Agreed Carrie Ann. I think that's a perfect ending for the show and I love Stefan but I think a Damon and Stefan dying and Elena being human again and finding love outside the incestuous Salvatore world would be perfect. Will never happen though - Plec would sooner kill every character than her precious Damon.

As for his response about Stelena, I couldn't tell if that was some slight shade at the writers who moved from selling Stefan and Elena as this great love for three seasons to now Damon and Elena are the greatest love of all time or if he was truly just being sincere. I will say it's actually nicer than his more recent comments about the pairing where he just sounded like the thought of the two together again bored him to to tears. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Elena being human again and finding love with one of her own is my dream for the show's ending as well. I don't necessarily want the Salvatores to die (this isn't True Blood), but I want them to leave MF forever behind, just the two of them, no Petrova doppelganger coming between them again.

Ever since that season 2 episode where Elena explained what a tragedy it would be for her to become a vampire, I've thought that no ending that shows Elena vampin' it up - even if the writing hadn't made her one of the worst characters ever since she turned - would be a happy ending for her.

• Love 1

Long ago Paul and Ian did an interview where they both agreed that Elena should be human again and Stefan and Damon just walk off into the sunset together take off their rings and burst into flames. Good to see he still wants to go with that ending. I'd go a step further and say Elena should end up back with Matt and they should have a happy all American "normal" life as should have been her life if it hadn't gotten torpedoed first by Stefan then Damon.

Was I the only one who thought Paul was a little chilly towards Ian? Maybe it just came across wrong in print, but Ian always talks up what big "buds" they are and when Paul talked about Ian directing it's like they barely speak or interact. Weird.

Did he mention Ian? I only saw the Candice mention, because they talked about Steroline, other than that he didn't say anything specific about anyone, right? I thought he talked about his own directing job coming up?

Ian's also directing an upcoming episode. Have you spoken about directing a show you're also acting in?

Not much. He sat in on a production meeting I was having for my episode to listen in. I've directed two episodes now that he's been in, so I'm sure he was able to observe what I was doing on set. But we didn't talk about it too much. I'm interested to see how he handles the set.

It's in The Hollywood Reporter article that Artsda linked to.

Ah, thanks! I was all confused because there wasn't any mention in the newest article. That does sound a little like they never talk outside of work meetings, but I guess that might have just been phrased weirdly, because they usually have a really easy rapport when they are shown together. Maybe they just don't talk about the job much when they hang out.

Just a follow up to the Storm debate. Although we pretty much agreed Kat would be great for the part, Lupita would be an equally if not more awesome pick...

Well looks like the girl who played Aaliyah in that Lifetime movie is playing young Storm.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/23/x-men-apocalypse-new-actors-playing-storm-cyclops-jean-grey-anno/

No disrespect to this young lady but... Kat's basically been Storm for the past 5 years so I don't get it lol. 

Great pick for Jean Grey however...

• Love 1

Was I the only one who thought Paul was a little chilly towards Ian? Maybe it just came across wrong in print, but Ian always talks up what big "buds" they are and when Paul talked about Ian directing it's like they barely speak or interact. Weird.

You're not the only one, it did sound distant, It sounded like they were acquaintances who didn't really talk. 

I don't know if I would read too much into that interview/quote. In my personal experience, when I hang out with my coworker friends outside of work, we almost never talk about work (mostly because we would rather talk about non-work stuff in our free time). And it's possible that Paul wanted to let Ian experience his first time directing without butting in and offering unsolicited advice (especially considering that Paul has only directed twice so it's not like he would be handing out Spielberg level advice at this point).

S06.E12 Prayer for the Dying promo:

• Love 1

You don't want to waste another minute Elena? Imagine how Bonnie feels. Oh #FML I adore you guys but I truly and honestly hate this show. Why did I ever start watching it? Damn you Kevin Williamson and your bait and switch, damn you!! That promo sucked.

• Love 1

You don't want to waste another minute Elena? Imagine how Bonnie feels. Oh #FML I adore you guys but I truly and honestly hate this show. Why did I ever start watching it? Damn you Kevin Williamson and your bait and switch, damn you!! That promo sucked.

Mostly when I watch an Elena scene I vacillate between…

Ugggggggg……

OR

Why couldn’t we keep Katherine instead of her?

• Love 1

Mostly when I watch an Elena scene I vacillate between…

Ugggggggg……

OR

Why couldn’t we keep Katherine instead of her?

She truly is the worst (move over Britta Perry) and any promo with her only serves to remind me of this.

• Love 3

Promo for S06.E13 The Day I Tried to Live:

Finally some Bonnie focus! I am thrilled for that but question (and not to swerve back to continuity on TVD of all places) history tells us that all people revive in the Prison World and Bonnie doesn't have any magic so how is she planning on permanently offing herself? I'm glad the notion brings a temporary sense of urgency to the gang (finally) but...seriously? WTF?

• Love 2

(is it wrong that I judge all death/mourning episodes against Buffy and know that most of them will not even come close?)

No. That seems reasonable.  However, Stay got me.  But for my acute awareness that Bonnie is still alone and often forgotten, is was a very good episode.

• Love 1