Type keyword(s) to search

Vampire Diaries In The Media

I think there was probably more awkward/discord than they'd admit to, but no I think she left because she was ready and because the character has been so decimated and played out by the writing.

Nina's little NoChella video is funny especially considering who was there last weekend. 

I feel like it is not only the Delena fans that are unhappy with Nina leaving. I have been on twitter and most of the fandom are losing their shit over it! LOL

Delena fans are unhappy DE is not Endgame. Stelena fans are unhappy cause the last guy Elena was with is Damon and they had 2 season before of their couple being shitted over. Elena fans are unhappy because they haven't gotten a good goodbye storyline for Elena/Nina this season. So, it not only one group. It is multiple groups of people. 

I feel like it is not only the Delena fans that are unhappy with Nina leaving. I have been on twitter and most of the fandom are losing their shit over it!

I've learned not to judge what most of any fandom thinks based on what's happening at Twitter, or a forum, or anything like that. The people who are actually upset about something are usually the ones venting about it, while those who aren't upset have no reason to vent and are mostly silent. Unfortunately, the silent crowd ends up being kind of invisible because they aren't kicking up a fuss. So, as a result, it looks like "most of the fandom" is spitting mad about whatever's going on when,  in reality, most of the fandom probably isn't.

• Love 3

I feel like it is not only the Delena fans that are unhappy with Nina leaving. I have been on twitter and most of the fandom are losing their shit over it! LOL

Delena fans are unhappy DE is not Endgame. Stelena fans are unhappy cause the last guy Elena was with is Damon and they had 2 season before of their couple being shitted over. Elena fans are unhappy because they haven't gotten a good goodbye storyline for Elena/Nina this season. So, it not only one group. It is multiple groups of people.

I like Nina and I'm glad she's doing what's best for her and wish her all the best.

But I'm glad that Stefan is not going to be stuck with Elena that's the best news that has come from this.

It also sucks that most of what I'm seeing is people going crazy because Nina/Elena is part of their couple and they seem like that's all she was which was part of Delena or Stelena not a character who we saw grow, love, have relationships, etc... There was much more to Elena than what relationship she was in. It sucks that people don't remember how great of a character she once was.

But I blame the writing team and their obsession with certain characters/couples.

Edited by Jazzy24
  • Love 3

*Eyeroll* to that trailer This Caroline off her meds story is boring as fuck to me. What might actually be compelling is Caroline actually dealing with her shit and wading through her miserable emotions. You know like Caroline or anyone displaying actual maturity and respect for human life which on this fakakta show I realize is asking a lot.

Funny how the plot description for 'Because' says 'it's all hands in deck for Caroline'like it was for Elena a few weeks ago to rescue her from a decision she herself CHOSE to make but with Bonnie one person gave it their all while the other half-assed it to get her home. Fuck these people, if this show doesn't end with everyone locked in a west-facing jail cell I'll be super disappointed.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

Fast relationship in general. While many people have had whirlwind romances that work out fine, the thing with this is that it feels like deja vu with Nikki. She pretty much had a similar situation with her ex-husband. They met, had whirlwind romance, were engaged barely a few months after meeting and then were married really quickly and two years later it was over.

Hopefully this one works out better for both of their sakes and I guess they had the benefit of knowing each other before getting together. Of course I guess there is the weirdness that this friendship and closeness happened while they were with other people and hanging out together as couples - her and her now ex and Ian and Nina. 

• Love 1

Nikki's been engaged a couple of times and once got a manicure with her boyfriend's face on her nails, so, yeah. She's something else. Not to mention, she's only 26.

Her and Ian are still in the honeymoon phase; they'll get over the euphoria soon, then the reality of the situation will set in. One has to wonder how many times Nina has rolled her eyes over the past weekend. 

Did he really say "I've been in love with her for years" about Nikki on that article. Wonder if that was a sly dig at Nina..

I'm not sure it's a dig, it's probably because he doesn't want the "this happened so fast" discussions.

Did he really say "I've been in love with her for years" about Nikki on that article. Wonder if that was a sly dig at Nina..

I took it as a platonic type of love. I wonder if the quote has been altered by the media to stir up trouble with Nina?

However if that's what he said and meant, that's pretty shitty behaviour but then again none of us know what really went on with Ian and Nina.

Does anyone know if any of the TVD cast attended?

Whatever he meant by it it's a little insensitive when you're working with the ex you were dating when you first got to know Nikki.

According to their instagrams, Candice, Stephen R and Trevino were doing other things. I don't know about the rest though.

I stopped watching this show last year sometime, but man I love this kind of juicy drama. Whirlwind romances, Instagram unfollows, sly twitter comments. So fun to watch a bunch of rich beautiful people have dramatic lives and post all about it.

• Love 5

Nikki's been engaged a couple of times and once got a manicure with her boyfriend's face on her nails, so, yeah. She's something else. Not to mention, she's only 26.Nikki's been engaged a couple of times and once got a manicure with her boyfriend's face on her nails, so, yeah. She's something else. Not to mention, she's only 26.

Ha! Classic! Yeah, I don't have good vibes about this one, not that they give a damn what I think but I have a feeling karma is gonna come back and bite this relationship super-hard in the gluteus maximus.

Pics have Matt, Kevin, Julie Kat, Paul and Phoebe sitting together. Lea Michelle was there too.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/79151-ian-somerhalder-nikki-reed-get-married-their-guest-list-is-a-cw-fans-dream

Thanks. Looks like Margarite McIntrye went too.

Interesting when you compare who went on Nina's goodbye boat party. Then again I pretty sure Julie Plec would go to the opening of an envelope...She’s like the creepy office boss who prevs on the young assistants.

• Love 2

I love Nikki's dress, SLEEVES bless, even if I hate that her lining stops at the knee, the overall look feels very Spanish. It looks like they had a lovely evening with most of the cast/crew in attendance, and despite the quickness with which it all went down they seem to fit each others ish. 

I hope they have a happy life together. Even though the gossip tabloids want to turn this into a torrid love triangle, and I'm sure the insinuations that Nina left TVD because of Ian and Nikki will probably haunt her for the rest of her career... I don't want to think so. Ian is not a young man... almost 40. I'm not surprised that he feels a need to settle down and start a family before he loses his hair. As for Nikki, there are a lot of successful Hollywood marriages that started out pretty much like hers. I'm not seeing anything overtly scandalous with this one.

Whoa, whoa, whoa 36 isn't almost 40. Slow your roll there.

• Love 7

In 6x19, Caroline was all pale and pasty . Maybe the blusher is to highlight that Caroline ' s all perky and cheerful again ? Or she put her make up on in the dark?

Is it me or does Stefan not make any sense? If Damon and Elena were still vamps, they would need move away at some point anyway. Or is he trying to say that Klaus etc. will be after them? Is Elena ' s doppelganger blood still useful or did the traveller magic do something to it?

I think the point is that Damon would hate being human - Elena has only been a vampire for a short time and she moved on with her life as if she was human anyways, she went to college, chose a major, thought about a career....when Elena wants a human life, she wants to settle down, at least eventually, get a job, have a house, have kids.

Damon has been a vampire for a long, long time, and job/house/kids didn't even seem high up on his priority list back as a human, let alone now. Damon would have to change a lot of things about himself - you can't just piss off whoever you want to if you don't have the power to make people forget things, or know you'll always be more powerful than them. Can you imagine Damon with a boss? Or running into police?

(edited)

^Ian's age really shows in that clip but otherwise such a Buffy ripoff.

Gah! You're insulting 36yr olds everywhere. We're not THAT old.

I am glad Elena is human again though, she never wanted to be a vampire so I think it's a nice bit of continuity that she returned to form. Human Elena has always been pretty awesome and autonomous.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

Gah! You're insulting 36yr olds everywhere. We're not THAT old.

I am glad Elena is human again though, she never wanted to be a vampire so I think it's a nice bit of continuity that she returned to form. Human Elena has always been pretty awesome and autonomous.

I wasnt trying to insult anyone, just was saying that Ian was finally looking his age he's always looked somewhat younger. And there was nothing wrong with how he looked just that he was looking his age.

• Love 2

I wasnt trying to insult anyone, just was saying that Ian was finally looking his age he's always looked somewhat younger. And there was nothing wrong with how he looked just that he was looking his age.

I'm 36 and I wasn't insulted. Damon is supposed to be 22, right? He looks far older. Stefan no longer looks like a teenager either. I can't even buy him being in his early 20s all that much.

• Love 2

Besides, life begins at 40 anyway....

*whistles*

Heh! I believe it.

I tend to think that set ages don't have a certain look anymore anyway. 22 now looks very different to 22 when Damon was a human lad.