Type keyword(s) to search

Vampire Diaries In The Media

TVD/TO spin off Legacies coming next season

The final pickup of the announcement was “Legacies,” from creators Julie Plec and Brett Matthews, and which will center around a new generation of supernatural beings within the same fictional world as “The Vampire Diaires” and “The Originals.” It will take place at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted, when Klaus Mikaelson’s 17-year-old daughter, Alaric Saltzman’s twins, and various other young adults come of age in the most unconventional way, nurtured to be their best selves … in spite of their worst impulses. But as the series goes on, the school’s young witches, vampires, and werewolves will have to decide whether they will become the heroes they want to be — or the villains they were born to be.

No word yet on whether any TVDverse alumni will appear on the show, but right now I'm assuming we'll see Alaric and Caroline at least once in a while. Then again, on this season of The Originals, Hope is attending Hogwarts and we haven't seen Alaric or the twins (although they have been mentioned). The one scene we got with Caroline was when she came to New Orleans, not in any of the scenes that took place at the school.

The difference is that the new show is said to be taking place at the school, so I'd assume that we get to see more of it. The Originals is set in New Orleans with a few scenes taking place at the school so it's not surprising that we haven't seen much of the school and its staff and students except the ones that are directly involved with the story of The Originals.

So I'd expect to see Caroline, Alaric and the twins in the spin-off. Especially the twins, because they were specifically mentioned in the articles about the spin-off.