Type keyword(s) to search

Vampire Diaries In The Media

Plec always seems like she's a twelve year old girl. She squees at the attractiveness of the male actors on her shows and it's so off putting. I wish this were just a byproduct of the print interview format but she does it at Comic Con too so I must conclude that she's always like this. She does herself a disservice when she plays up her inner twelve year old.

This is a really great interview with PW. I haven't seen a lot he has done before so it was very informative about PW in general. He seems really into directing and I knew he was directing one episode season 6 but he said episodes so I guess he will direct more than one. It is kind of long so if you only want to hear TVD stuff it starts around 9:10.

And might I add "black internet host" gets my vote for a TVD guest spot b/c MEOW he is F-I-N-E.

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/vampire-diaries-actor-paul-wesley-welcomeus/53aaf13102a760bf91000478

Though it is fun to watch the outrage (OUTRAGE I tell you!) from those same fans when the moderator announces that there's only a few minutes left for questions.  It never once occurs to them that if they kept their mouths shut they'd have more time for questions.

• Love 1

I get that feeling too. Anybody know if they've used up all the material from the books yet?

There's a ton of material from the books left but it's all...crazy is the best word. Elena becomes human, dies while killing either Katherine or Klaus and then comes back as an angel. There's kitsune that terrorize Mystic Falls, Caroline becomes pregnant with Tyler's child and then becomes a werewolf. So a lot of plot is unusable due to the differing mythology between the TV and books. I haven't read the books, this is just based off of the synopses I've read. THe show sounds better.

There's a ton of material from the books left but it's all...crazy is the best word. Elena becomes human, dies while killing either Katherine or Klaus and then comes back as an angel. There's kitsune that terrorize Mystic Falls, Caroline becomes pregnant with Tyler's child and then becomes a werewolf. So a lot of plot is unusable due to the differing mythology between the TV and books. I haven't read the books, this is just based off of the synopses I've read. THe show sounds better.

Oh no, don't tell me they're going to bring Damon back as an angel next! jk. Hell, Elena is far too tainted at this point to believably be turned into an angel. I could easily see the show's writers pulling either though, it's no less crazy and nonsensical than what they've put on screen already.

I have avoided reading the books specifically because I didn't want to spoil anything in the show, so good to know that the show's writers are deviating from it pretty significantly. I just wanted to know if the show's writers have used every plot point in those books they could have already, which might explain why they're running out of ideas.

Edited by immortalfrieza

I swear, it's like every new season of The Vampire Diaries is trying to make me feel more embarrassed that I once called Elena a relatable, strong heroine who didn't solely revolve around men all the way back in Season 1.

• Love 6

I swear, it's like every new season of The Vampire Diaries is trying to make me feel more embarrassed that I once called Elena a relatable, strong heroine who didn't solely revolve around men all the way back in Season 1.

Yeah. I used to think of Vampire Diaries as the way a certain vampire related movie series that shall not be named SHOULD have been with a protagonist to match. Now I think it's somehow become even worse, Elena in particular.

Everyone is very pretty, but get that Stelena crap outta here. :) (I say that as a former shipper.) (Just over it, ready for all characters involved in that terrible triangle to move on with other people.) (Like, for example, heyyyyyy Bamon.)

• Love 1

There's no way Stelena is happening after Season 5...right?  RIGHT?!  And based on Julie Plec's comments, Bamon is never happening because Bonnie is too "moral" for Damon, though I can dream. 

Edited by lion10

I hadn't thought about it until I saw the picture but that is a veritable sausage-fest there. Three girls and what looks like 800 guys?

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I think TVD has always been a little bit male-dominated in terms of cast members but the people that get the most screen time tend to be more balanced than what a poster or IMDB page would have you believe.  

I feel like TVD has become more ensemble based since Season 5.  Elena isn't a very compelling character anymore, with her obsession with Damon and her general lack of agency, though I suppose you could say most characters on TVD don't have that much agency.  Things happen to them rather then them making stuff happen.  I think human Elena had more agency and was a lot more badass than vampire Elena.

Is there some reason that two of the ONLY three women are clinging to a man like the man is "saving" them and the third woman is ON THE GROUND! FGS

The only one that looks 1/2 way BAMF is Alaric

And Stelena are holding hands like friends do not the way BF/GF do.

Edited by Cattitude

I wouldn't want Bonnie with Damon NOW or anything, but the poster is mean for teasing those of us who thought that, back in the day, going in that direction would have been so much more interesting and creative than going for the predictable love triangle.

And I say this as someone who's not even much of a Bonnie fan, because the writers haven't bothered to write her as a character rather than a plot device in like 3+ seasons. Or ever.

Totally unrelated: It cracks me up that Michael Trevino's pose looks like he's ducking to be in the picture, like, heeeey, I exist too! I'm over here!

I have no idea where to put this, so I hope this is the correct thread.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/568017/20140929/nina-dobrev-quitting-vampire-diaries-tvd-originals.org#.VCwFifldWVM

Is this somewhat legit news or just massively speculated/rumor-mongering?  I read that one of the big 3 was a hold out for S7 and many speculated that it was Nina but I'm not sure if this is just more speculation with a heaping side-dish of "gossip" or we're going to get confirmation (soon) that Nina is leaving after S6.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I'm sure it's just gossip.  That said, I would imagine any discomfort that Nina's feeling likely comes from having to keep making out with Ian following the break up rather than him just having a new girlfriend and said discomfort would have started last year rather than this.  Of course, she could genuinely want off the show and this could be the producers' way of getting the fans riled up to try and pressure her into staying (assuming the show even gets renewed).  We know how much they love to feed the insanity on Twitter, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I was just going to say, he seems so over it. He gets nothing to do on the show and the writers haven't known what to do with Stefan since Season 3.

If Paul doesn't want to do Stelena, and Nina doesn't want to do Delena, why can't they just introduce new love interests for all of them? Seriously, that's all I want from this show. Aside from Elena, who desperately needs some single time. And by that I don't mean this grieving dysfunctional quasi-widow crap they're doing now.

Ian wants to do Bamon too. They're just all over the triangle and the only people who aren't are JP and CD (and I guess maybe some remaining shipper fans? are there any Delena/Stelena people left at this point?).

I just think this needs to be the last season, period. And if it isn't, then at least the three leads need to head for the hills. If the CW really wants to squeeze another season out of this beast, then they can do it without ND, IS, and PW who are all so so so over it. It's getting painful.

• Love 2

As usual, Price Peterson distills all my feelings about this show into a few simple lines.

I just hope the show remembers to give us a reason to root for anybody. I'm not asking that TVD ever become a feel-good hour of television, but I truly hope it doesn't also leave me feeling like life doesn't matter and that bad deeds don't count. Call me a simpleton but I really like it when characters are thoughtful about their actions and how they affect others, and also when they exercise basic human empathy for strangers. That's just me!

Edited by Carrie Ann

Hmm. 2009-2010, CW's #1 show: TVD

2010-2011, CW's #1 show: TVD

2011-2012, CW's #1 show: TVD

2012-2013, CW's #1 show: TVD

2013-2014, CW's #1 show: TVD

I guess all good things have to come to an end, as it looks like the show will only be #3 or 4 this year, behind various dudes fighting bad guys. 

Even if it gets just one more season, it'll have lasted longer than my favorite show Buffy, so it's had quite a run.

Edited by jjjmoss

A clip from tomorrow's ep is on facebook.  Damon and Bonnie are grocery shopping.  Damon to Bonnie, "you talk in your sleep."  Fans self.  I'm sure it means that they are simply in close proximity - and for safety sake, if I were Bonnie I would stick close to the badass vampire.  But it is LOVELY to see them talking to each other.  There has been a years-long dry spell of Bamon and this is making up for it.  Just keep it interesting writers, and keep it going!  Don't just drop it like you did Tyler's story in season two.  I didn't - and won't - buy the crapfest that was seasons 3-5 on dvd, but it's looking like I will have to buy season six.  Then I will have a hole in my set because I have seasons 1 and 2 on blu ray.  More Bamon, ban Delena forever!

• Love 3