Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Girl Meets Farm

I liked the AF. I wish they'd let Molly act more natural. She clearly knows something about food and referencing different cultures and regions.

Quite frankly I was taken aback by the construction of the scone sandwiches. And the homemade sprinkles.

• Like 4

On 5/9/2021 at 2:34 PM, patty1h said:

In my part of town, AF means "as f*ck" but I guess in other areas, there are folks who take it as the less vulgar "as frick".   After I heard Molly say this, I was thinking of the older viewers who aren't familiar with this slang and ask their young family member to translate the term, and being told that Molly thinks her sandwiches are dainty as f*ck.    

I doubt anyone translates AF as anything but "as fuck", and older viewers are not dainty china.  They might have heard that word, or even used it a time or two!  I thought it was cute, but as ever and always, YMMV.

• Like 5

"af" is on the same level as "frick" and "fudge."  The "f" is a stand in for fuck just as "frick" and "fudge" in certain contexts are clearly stand-ins for fuck.  But since it's new, it might not have reached an acceptable neutral feeling yet that the other two have.  I liked it. And if FN didn't, they probably wouldn't want to spend the money to tape over it.  

On 5/9/2021 at 5:40 PM, chick binewski said:

Quite frankly I was taken aback by the construction of the scone sandwiches. And the homemade sprinkles.

What about the construction of the sandwiches? They're like a panini I get (or got pre-COVID at the grocery store.  It's yummy.

I actually appreciated that she went homemade with the sprinkles.  If she's going to use sprinkles, she may has well show how to do it on your own even if no one likely ever would. 

• Like 2

Watched the Mother's day show this morning and wasn't impressed. Started off on the wrong foot with me when her child came in at #4 in her list of 5 things she loves about MD. None of the food she prepared seemed worth the bother. Always annoyed at her wide eyed giant bite of her creations...so over the top. All kind of juvenile. (And the tea for 3 didn't include the 3rd person...the baby!) Sprinkles are an automatic "no" to me...I'll turn down any otherwise tempting baked good if it comes with sprinkles...weird texture, waxy, oversweet. Make my own? Ha. I've taken her show off of my DVR...gave her a fair chance. Done. (Oh, the AF was absolutley unnecessary and kind of trying too hard. And Nick needs a haircut.)

• Like 2

Every once in awhile, I like to reread Molly's Home on the Range, primarily for the recipes, but also to remind me of her days studying percussion at Julliard. And to enjoy the flat out profanity, used sparingly but appropriately, imo.

Also her Wild Rice Hotdish with Ras el  Hanout and Dates recipe, with its reminder that the world is small and we should all just get along. I'd like to watch her make that one. Even with the saltines topping.😀

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

What about the construction of the sandwiches? They're like a panini I get (or got pre-COVID at the grocery store.  It's yummy.

I flove savory scones and biscuits and I am super picky how they're filled (I blame my mom for taking me to too many lunches at Lord & Taylor's cafe). I wanted to see that ham either one thick slice or shaved thin and I wanted the cheese incorporated into the scone recipe.

I am way too particular about sandwiches.

• Laugh 2

It’s 80 degrees out. Not frying donuts. Not up for a hot dish. Could have fit a good recipe into the time wasted welding. WTF, Molly?

• Laugh 2

So Molly’s mom is moving to town. Wonder if Bernie will soon be a big sister?😏

Brisket looked good! Sweet and tangy is an excellent way to go.

• Like 3

Clicked by the other day and was struck by how Molly now sounds like Kloe Kardashian. Another reason I've stopped dvr'ing this show.

• Like 2

Seriously, Molly?  Ree Drummond is royalty?  Girl, you have lost your mind.  

I love blueberries that the cake looked really "hard".  She was patting it in place and there was no give at all.  

• Like 1

LOL! At first, I thought maybe using the Ree doll was to earn next year's holiday bonus. But then I wondered if she wasn't just using it to shove frosting up Ree's ass.

• Laugh 2