Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Dating Wishes and Cabaret Dreams

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

If Moaner says she's smart one more time, I'm going to puke. She is literally one of the dumbest, grossest, screechiest hags I've ever seen. I find it hard to believe that she even knows how to read. I just cannot stand that crazy-eyed freak. She makes me so uncomfortable by being so desperate and lame.

"I'm an acquired taste. If you don't like me, Acquire Some Taste!"

• Love 12

Ramona was so c- - -y to the bartender for not being able to immediately remember what kind of tequila Snoopy was drinking. 

But I love the pot-stirring man who told Ramona that Bethenny thinks Snoopy likes her. He sure knew all their names. 

Beth ridiculed John M. for his Snoopy scarf two years ago. 

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Really? 

I think this is one of my favorite episodes ever! I was laughing at every bit of the speed dating shenanigans! These ladies really entertain me.

I have always wanted to try speed dating.  So what if I am in a committed relationship.  He can come along and do his own speed dating.  I think it would be a hoot.

Question:  Is the previews for next week to be the episode that has been advertised as the being held on a terrible vessel with a storm?  

15 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth said she doesn’t want to yet again make herself like someone because of how much they like her. So she’s telling us that’s what happened with Jason Hoppy?

Yes, I believe she did.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tiggertoo said:

Carole is Jealous of who?

I really liked Tinsley’s straight hair on her TH.  But Ramona in one of hers looked terrible, I thought.

Sonja’s face looked bright red when the creepy guy whispered in her ear about his whip.  She was the less outrageous one for once.

I can’t believecthey were all fighting over Brian.  Betheny said she wasn’t interested, but she certainly stayed with him.  Are her and Dennis really kaput?

I think it was he who was sticking to Beth.  In any case, compared  to those other guys . . .

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rhys said:

Was that St Patrick's Cathedral that D & L visited? 

No.  Too small.  Too light.  Not sure which church it was though.  Probably somewhere on the UES.

• Love 2
(edited)

When Dorinda & Tinsley were watching Ramona and commenting on  her flirty moves - I flashed on that bar scene in the orig  About Last Night when  Demi Moore & Elizabeth Perkins were rating their friend's moves

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 17

This episode was fun to watch. It was a refreshing break from the drama of them fighting and hurting each other's feelings. I also think it was a little too much Luann though. Luann and Carol acting like best buddies all of a sudden is weird. That barista who serve them in the coffee shop was funny, standing there looking like he was hearing stuff he wasn't supposed to be hearing.

I enjoyed watching the segment with the Dorinda was helping Luann find a dress. They had some gorgeous dresses in that store, although I'm not sure the ones Lou picked out were the most flattering on her. I mean she did look good in the dresses but I saw some more stylish ones on the rack. The Ramona blue was a funny flashback.

I thought the speed dating segment was a hoot! Ramona just cracks me up. She for sure thought she was all that and a bag of chips. You just know she was green with envy because scarf guy was more interested in Bethany then her. Bethany doing the southern belle quip about Ramona was hilarious!  Am rewatching.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, ichbin said:

No.  Too small.  Too light.  Not sure which church it was though.  Probably somewhere on the UES.

I am pretty sure the church was Blessed Sacrament on West 71st Street.  I used to go there when I lived in the area.  I found it funny that Dorinda said that was her church because no way would I cart my butt cross-town for a church no matter how much I liked it!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, smeds said:

I am pretty sure the church was Blessed Sacrament on West 71st Street.  I used to go there when I lived in the area.  I found it funny that Dorinda said that was her church because no way would I cart my butt cross-town for a church no matter how much I liked it!

They were walking on W 71st, prob yes. And they also hold AA meetings. Let's hope Dorinda went to a meeting w Lu! 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, smeds said:

Yes, I think so too.  They were definitely on the West Side.   Isn't that where Lu's apartment is located supposedly?  

I found the show pretty dull.  Seemed to be a series of set up scenes with not many organic interactions.  I FF'd a lot.  

Was hoping next week would be the boat ride from hell, but I guess we have to wait for that.   Cartagena should be interesting though.  Are they going to stretch it out for three weeks?  

Its unbelievable how good Lu looks in all those cabaret outfits.  I also couldn't believe Lu had Bobby Stritch in her corner.  He is bigtime.  I wish she'd stay away from nightclubs though.  Its the wrong environment.  She looked really sad at the speed dating do.  

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Isn't Dennis still married?  I'm thinking it would be kind of difficult to be "exclusive" with anyone but his wife until the divorce papers are signed.

Haven't they been separated for years?  Like....years and years and years?

Edited by MostlyContent
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth said she doesn’t want to yet again make herself like someone because of how much they like her. So she’s telling us that’s what happened with Jason Hoppy?

It was an interesting comment and  I wondered the same thing.  

• Love 9

The last guy that Sonja was with was extra creepy. There was not an ounce of humor to him, meanwhile Sonja is being Sonja trying to make the interaction airy. Sonja needed to run run run run! Because I don't think he'd be the kind of guy to release her from his sex dungeon.

8 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Really? 

I think this is one of my favorite episodes ever! I was laughing at every bit of the speed dating shenanigans! These ladies really entertain me.

I loved this episode! It was light, and the speed dating thing was a hoot. Watching Ramona around men is always a trip because she swears she's irresistible but then she gets around a man and acts like it'll be the last time she's around men ever ever ever.

8 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Carole was so clearly jealous of the guy and Bethany, and Ramona even, she could have been wearing a sign. The guy liked Bethany, and as Sonja pointed out tonight Ramona could have taken him home.

The only woman on the show with a man is Dorinda, Scott and Tinsley are off and on, and John is a creep, but adores Dorinda. Cackling about Dennis not wanting to date Bethany, and not about anyone else's pathetic love life - and everyone's was featured, and they are all pathetic, is uh, interesting.

How was she jealous? Because she commented that Rori mentioned she'd invited Brian to meet her but that Bethenny and Ramona were spending time with him? And if Ramona could have taken Brian home that vey night, wouldn't it have meant that he liked her, too (if even for one night)?

But as far as Bethenny goes, if Dennis is still married and still actively living with his wife, then that is worthy of comment. What I do find interesting is that folks are more het about Carole having been in a relationship with a younger, single man (who *is* trying to still be in Carole's life via Baby) than they are that Bethenny was in some complicated shit with a married, separated-not separated man. Bethenny's choices in men leave a lot to be desired.

7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So Carole said that Adam sent her 5 dozen tulips? Did the other two dozen already die? Because there was no way the flowers shown were more than 3 dozen, tops. I guess Carole doesn't know that in order to keep tulips from drooping, you add a penny to the water. Didn't Carole say a few weeks ago that she had not heard from Adam in two months? So did whoever was serving him coffee over the last two months run out? Change brands? What gives? 

Tins must be so embarrassed to be watching this episode back, knowing that we know that she and Scott have broken up  are taking yet another break. I guess the experiment of living together did not work out. Did she move back down to her former suite? Her friend was hilarious - I loved him taking to the shoes. Can we keep him and ditch Tins?

I enjoyed the speed dating scenes (except the creepy guy that Sonja was with at the end). Bethenny's impression of Ramona had me in stitches. I also loved her TH regarding info to put in the dating profile: "I won my grade 2 spelling bee". Too funny. 

Carole had the tulips in three matching containers. It could be that she had the other two in containers not on that shelf. As for not hearing from Adam in months, when was this filmed (sounding like February given all the complaints about the cold) and when was the previous comment filmed? It's not as though the editors keep every single scene (and talking head) linear. 

Also: Thank you for the tulip tip lol. This is why I stay away from them because then they start looking all sad in my vase. My favorites are peonies, when they are in season.

• Love 13
(edited)

A blog from Bethenny this week:

"It takes guts to be open, and I really tried to engage as much as possible. It was so funny running into Brian, AKA “red scarf.” From what little I know, I thought he was a super nice guy who I texted later that PM to set up with Carole."

Aww....Carole gives LuAnn the gift of her  friendship and Bethenny gives Carole the gift of "red scarf".

On an unrelated note, I just looked at Carole's twitter which led me to her Poshmark closet. If anyone is interested in any of her old stuff, she has slashed her prices by quite a bit.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 8

Carole's fashion is not as cute as it used to be. And she's tiny. I wouldn't into any of it. Staying off that Poshmark closet. 

Ramona is so desperate and an asshole to staff. She is really rude ALL THE TIME to them. It isn't smart Ms. Brain. 

Bethany gives me the vibe that all isn't well in her vida. She just looks off to me. Guess being wealthy AF isn't all its cracked up to be.

Luanne looks amazing. I may reconsider my own wine addiction for her skin alone.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, smeds said:

The exterior they showed was definitely Grace & St. Paul's, but I don't know about the interior.  G&SP is Lutheran, and I could have sworn Dorinda was Catholic, so it might just be one of those exterior misdirects (like for years, they showed the wrong exterior of either Jill's or Ramona's building for privacy reasons).

I almost always think the women on these franchises could improve their looks by cutting off many inches of their hair, which has worked for Ramona, Tinsely, Tamra, Kyle, and so on.  But Carol?  She needs to go back to her longer, darker hair.  The blonde washes her out and the shortest cut she's been sporting this season looks exactly like a girl I knew in college who cut her own hair because she was too cheap for the $7 at SuperCuts....in other words, not good!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ichbin said:

Maybe Trinity Church, downtown Wall Street area ?

11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

40 minutes in and I'm bored.  Really bored.

i fell asleep.  i came here to see what everyone thought.   i was surprised to see (by the comments on the following pages)  that posters enjoyed the show.

i have never liked tinsley.  she is vapid!  i don't understand the carole and tinsley connection.  tinsley is someone carole would have looked at in disdain.  there is nothing between tinsley's ears.

carole has updated her look to match tinsley.  

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

i fell asleep.  i came here to see what everyone thought.   i was surprised to see (by the comments on the following pages)  that posters enjoyed the show.

i have never liked tinsley.  she is vapid!  i don't understand the carole and tinsley connection.  tinsley is someone carole would have looked at in disdain.  there is nothing between tinsley's ears.

carole has updated her look to match tinsley.  

I was going to suggest that maybe they blaze together, but Tinsley seems too hyper and high strung.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Tinsley still trying to convince us that she's Carrie Bradshaw. I enjoyed that her friend immediately called her out on it. We all know that you placed those few sweaters and jeans in there before the camera crew arrived that day, Tins. You're not Carrie, and the Coupon King isn't Big. The penthouse rental feels like the Coupon King is merely throwing her a bone, not really making some kind of commitment or taking another step.

Bethenny's imitation of Ramona at speed dating is the reason she'll always be the #1 NYC Housewife and will never be fired. I haven't laughed that hard at this show in ages, probably since Luann ended up in the bushes in Mexico.

Carole's hairdo is terrible. The cut is awful, the color is horrible. Her hairdresser hates her with a passion.

Ramona asking that guy which nationality he is. She is such an airhead but she does look incredible for her age.

Sonja: "Do I smell like mothballs?" "I grew up with that red, ruddy skin." lmao She's amazing.

Red Scarf Man is good-looking and successful. Too bad Bethenny doesn't want to pursue that. Maybe she is subconsciously picking men who aren't available or something, hence why she has no interest in the one man who is available and interested.

He answers, “American,” and she says, “Okay.”  She’s such an idiot.

• Love 12

No, Carole, you didn’t get to meet the guy in the red scarf because he was being devoured by Ramona and Bethenny.  Actually, Bethenny was being devoured by him.  

• Love 12
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What was Ramona trying to say when she said, “Let’s get a head jump. A jump head.” Was she trying to say head start? A jump start?

I believe she meant head start.  Her idiocy knows no bounds.

8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yeah, I thought that was a not-so-subtle dig at the ex.  

8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth ridiculed John M. for his Snoopy scarf two years ago. 

I actually like that look on a man.

duck.jpg

• Love 12
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What was Ramona trying to say when she said, “Let’s get a head jump. A jump head.” Was she trying to say head start? A jump start?

I think she was trying to say head start or jumpstart. 

h2C5022DA

I feel like this meme, but instead I am saying "I speak Ramona" 

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I believe she meant head start.  Her idiocy knows no bounds.

Yeah, I thought that was a not-so-subtle dig at the ex.  

I actually like that look on a man.

duck.jpg

3 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I think she was trying to say head start or jumpstart. 

h2C5022DA

I feel like this meme, but instead I am saying "I speak Ramona" 

My mother was born in China. She lived there for many years then moved to the States when she was 20.  But her command of English is better than Ramona’s.  

• Love 13
11 hours ago, BG-RealityBabbler said:

Adam wants Carole back.... Sure Jan.  She probably sent the flowers and gloves to herself... ;) 

SNORT!!!!  I hope my co-workers did not hear my laughing out loud over that one!  Great reference!  Do you think Adam's middle names are George and Glass?

• Love 21

Got shades of Jon Bon Jovi (love!) with Mr. Red Scarf until I saw his boots.  Hate those boots on any man and completely ruined him for me.

Sonja said on WWHL last night she flirts the most obvious with men she does not want and is very shy around the ones she wants.  After creepy S&M man said he was not concerned about the huge stain on the front of his shirt I would've walked away quickly.  First he's a non caring slob then he is Mr. Kinky pants?!  Gross.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, smeds said:

I live in the financial district and have been hauling my butt to my church on Park/60th since 1998. Once you find one you like, it's hard to start over.

ETA-- I cannot wait for the ladies to arrive in Cartagena Colombia! I'm getting strong 'Romancing the Stone' vibes and I'm here for all of it :D

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Carole's hairdo is terrible. The cut is awful, the color is horrible. Her hairdresser hates her with a passion.

I laughed so hard at this. It's so true.

• Love 6

So was Bravo filming the infamous cabaret performance where Sonja loses her dress? I remember the clip making the E! and Access Hollywood rounds, but it looked more like cellphone footage.  Did Bravo pay for the clip, like they did with Luann’s wedding and then arrest?  

Luann really does look so much better with short hair.  Actually, I think they all look better with shorter hair, except maybe Carole.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Damn Luann looks amazing.  All those dresses looked fantastic on her.

Why does Carole keep telling us Adam wants her back? It's not really necessary to keep saying "he wants me back", unless you want him back. If you do? Cool, go back to him. It's  llike she trying to convince someone....shrugs.

I wish Carole would move on from Adam .

Creepy guy with Sonja  was disturbing. Someone mentioned Mr. Goodbar  up thread ,yeah that's what I thought too.

I think I'm finally over Tinsley . I don't dislike her , she's probably a sweet person but I just don't care about her relationship with that guy. Her fake sweater storage had me rolling my eyes.

Watching Ramona makes me uncomfortable.  

Bethany's impression on R was hysterical. 

So what is Bethany relationship status?  I heard Carole say she wasn't sure but did Bethany say last night?  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 20