Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Damage Control

talktoomuch
  • Start Topic

The St. Patrick family grieves Raina while the AUSA's office discusses taking down "Ghost" and ending Angela's career. Councilman Tate exploits Raina's death. Dre maintains order within his organization. 

That little mf-er Tariq. Choate? They need to put his spoiled, backstabbing butt in reform school.

Oh Tasha, you don't want to be in cahoots with Angela, even to protect Tariq. Push comes to shove she'll sell you out to save herself.

Good grief, do people really have sex in broad daylight in front of a floor-to-ceiling window? Even in a jungle of skyscrapers that seems excessive to me.

You done messed up, Tommy. The mafia does not play when their people get out of pocket. And you're not even regular "member." Idiot.

So, you may not be a convicted criminal, Proctor, but you've done criminal things. Maybe you're not cut out for the consigliere life.

I just don't get why Tate thinks it's a good idea to use a drug dealer as the face of his campaign. There's no way it can end well, especially since Ghost is still out there killing people.

Heh, Dre doesn't like to be watched while he's being forced to have sex with someone. He's shy like that.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

That little mf-er Tariq. Choate? They need to put his spoiled, backstabbing butt in reform school.

Oh Tasha, you don't want to be in cahoots with Angela, even to protect Tariq. Push comes to shove she'll sell you out to save herself.

Good grief, do people really have sex in broad daylight in front of a floor-to-ceiling window? Even in a jungle of skyscrapers that seems excessive to me.

You done messed up, Tommy. The mafia does not play when their people get out of pocket. And you're not even regular "member." Idiot.

So, you may not be a convicted criminal, Proctor, but you've done criminal things. Maybe you're not cut out for the consigliere life.

I just don't get why Tate thinks it's a good idea to use a drug dealer as the face of his campaign. There's no way it can end well, especially since Ghost is still out there killing people.

Heh, Dre doesn't like to be watched while he's being forced to have sex with someone. He's shy like that.

I have to address the bathroom sex with no condom. I was like ewww. And I know he has an office. 

Tariq has hit my last nerve. Why? Why is he still involving himself in things after he got his sister killed. Yes, reform school or military school for his bad attitude, terrible decision making self.

i knew that guy Dre let listen to his business conversation was going to be trouble. Who talks in someone else’s drug meeting? STFU. He should not have been allowed to live. Now he will sow seeds of distrust and contempt in Dre’s crew. Since I don’t like Dre, good, but still.

How Angela still has a job is beyond me.Proctor is a bomb lawyer though. I’m on his side. Tasha’s ole dude was kinda cocky in that testimony. He could have said he was ethical. That’s an opinion not a statement of fact. 

Po LaLa still can’t act. She’s adorable though so, hey, that trumps acting talent in this role.

• Love 3

It's funny that Kanan is always talking about how Tariq is a gangsta. When he told Ghost that in the car I was like, you must want him to know you're a liar. Tariq has done nothing but tell stupid lies and cause messes. I like Dre more than him at this point. And where is Dre' s daughter? I guess he put her in witness protection after Kanan threatened her. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

I have to address the bathroom sex with no condom. I was like ewww. And I know he has an office. 

Tariq has hit my last nerve. Why? Why is he still involving himself in things after he got his sister killed. Yes, reform school or military school for his bad attitude, terrible decision making self.

i knew that guy Dre let listen to his business conversation was going to be trouble. Who talks in someone else’s drug meeting? STFU. He should not have been allowed to live. Now he will sow seeds of distrust and contempt in Dre’s crew. Since I don’t like Dre, good, but still.

How Angela still has a job is beyond me.Proctor is a bomb lawyer though. I’m on his side. Tasha’s ole dude was kinda cocky in that testimony. He could have said he was ethical. That’s an opinion not a statement of fact. 

Po LaLa still can’t act. She’s adorable though so, hey, that trumps acting talent in this role.

I mean, ain't a thespian to be found in this group. I don't mind though - that's not what the show is for, to me.

The woman speaking at Proctor's censure hearing played Vanessa in Rise, the recent short-lived Jason Katims show about a high school theater program. Very different roles - Vanessa was a struggling single mother diner waitress who had an affair with the high school football coach.

I thought it was really powerful when Tasha simply said "I do" when James said he didn't need a grief group. Tariq needs military school, not Choate. (He'll loathe Choate.)

Both the sex scenes were gross. (I'm still waiting for grief sex between Angela and James - not because I want it but because it seems inevitable. Thought it might happen when he called her and said he wasn't doing well.)

On the shallow, I love Angela's work wardrobe. Her green and blue dresses were really simple and classy.

8 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Interesting...what triggered you?

If I’m not mistaken, this is the first time since we’ve met Dre that we’ve seen him get intimate with a woman and he almost had to be forced to do it. There was an awkwardness about how he interacted with her that seemed out of place for a street guy. 

12 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Interesting...what triggered you?

I thought that too. He seemed almost disgusted by the thought of having sex with this obviously beautiful woman, plus he turned her around for doggy-style, which I learned from Masters of Sex* is how closeted gay men have sex with women.

*not a real school ;)

• Love 1
On 7/11/2018 at 11:14 AM, BigBlueMastiff said:

Agreed on Dre being in the closet, that whole scene was weird. I don't know many straight guys that would turn down any ass, let alone a hottie, and act like like sex is a chore.

Not true.  I could see Dre, or any straight guy, turning it down.  At least, initially.  That's the boss's piece.  Not going to get far screwing the boss's woman, even if he offered it to you.  Even if he wanted to get at her, better to play it reluctant, than to jump at it and have the guy put a bullet in you.  I didn't get a gay vibe, but it could be a possibility.

• Love 2