Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls in the Media

• Start Topic

I'm actually in Austin right now. The festival is now over and it was such a great experience.

Sadly, I did not get into the GG reunion panel. I was 10 people away from the door before they told us we weren't getting in.  However the highlight for me was Scott Patterson coming out to the line to say hey and wishing us luck in getting in. That was a way classy thing for him to do. He had to trek all the way up a hilly street in mid 90 degree temperature and he was wearing longish sleeves. He didn't have to do it and he did it anyway. That was way rad.

I also got to see sit 4 rows away from Keiko at the Gilmore Guys podcast recording, walked passed Danny Strong taking pictures in the lobby of the Stephen F. Austin hotel, and see Hep Alien play. 

Unrelated to GG, I ended up sitting by mistake right next to the cast from Dusk til Dawn: The Series in their screening. Oops!

• Love 3

EW was supposed to have  a live twitter feed or, live stream, but now I've read that they won't have it up until a few days after. Bummer. We'll have to rely on tweets or reports from the fans at the reunion show.

Some Hep Alien

Is it sad that it took me half of the video to realize the drummer was the actress that played Lane, that is awesome. It's cool that they did this.

(edited)

This is supposed to be the full Gilmore Girls Reunion panel

It's only 48 minutes. So pretty sure stuff was cut since I hear the panel was over two hours long.

Ugh, come on EW. The "liveblogs" first time stamp of something happening is 7:40PM, ASPs first answer is 7:50PM. The last time stamp is 9:39PM. Even factoring in the rest of the cast walking on stage and getting seated, come on.

Still nice to watch, thanks for the link.

Edited by solotrek

I very, very much want to see the Edward Hermann tribute.  Let us know if you find a way to see it.  There is no doubt this interview  was edited but still good to watch.  Very odd that there was literally zero mention of Melissa McCarthy or Sookie, even by Jackson.  Wonder where Taylor was as well?  Little goofy sidenote:  you could see Lauren Graham's Spanx in much of the video -- I would not love that if I were her.  Alexis is as lovely -- and shy -- as I expected her to be.  Amy would be VERY tough to live with but Dan sure seems to be able to hang in there with her.  Loved seeing Dean, Logan and Jess -- I thought Matt C's comment was very poignant that each of Rory's loves brought something out in her that she needed at that time.  Wish I'd been on the front row for this!!

• Love 1

This was nice to see, even though it was edited. They obviously cut the Edward Hermann tribute. I found it odd some of the other things they cut...when she asked where the cast thinks their characters would be now they didn't show Lauren and Alexis answering. According to some of the tweets I read Lauren said she thought Luke and Lorelei would be together 100%. Why edit that out? Weird.

It would've been awesome if they could've gotten some short video messages from the people who couldn't make it. And also from some of the minor characters (Madelyn and Louise, Digger, Tristan) just to say a short hi.

(edited)

It's because it was made up of clips which they don't have rights to release.  The good news is the complete panel with everything but clips will be released by EW sometime today.

Edited by shron17

I have yet to watch the panel, but am happy that such a huge number of cast members came to the panel.  Was wondering about the lack of Melissa McCarthy, I hope it was a scheduling conflict.  And where was Sean Gunn (Kirk)?

I have yet to watch the panel, but am happy that such a huge number of cast members came to the panel.  Was wondering about the lack of Melissa McCarthy, I hope it was a scheduling conflict.  And where was Sean Gunn (Kirk)?

Sean was apparently filming something abroad. John Cabrera (Brian) had on his twitter that they were trying to call him during the panel (when only the Gilmore Girls were on stage).

(edited)

Hour long interview panel with some of the cast with Today Show before the panel.

What’s better than one Gilmore Girls reunion in a single week? Yep, TWO Gilmore Girls reunions!

Before they took the stage Saturday night at the ATX TV Festival, cast members Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, Scott Patterson Jared Padalecki and series creator Amy Sherman Palladino sat down with the Today show to reflect on Stars Hollow past, present and future.

http://tvline.com/2015/06/11/gilmore-girls-reunion-full-video-atx-today/

Edited by Artsda
(edited)

I watched both reunions last week and they were great. I was surprised David Sutcliffe wasn't there - I know a lot of fans didn't care for his character, but I would have liked to hear his thoughts about Lorelai/Christopher, working with Lauren and Alexis, etc.

I did think it was interesting that no one mentioned the last season at all. I wasn't sure if it was a 'respect' thing because Amy was there, but it would have been fun to hear Amy's thoughts on the last episode (with Luke and Lorelai getting back together and Rory joining the Obama campaign.) Or even her thoughts on the April saga/debacle: "what were you thinking when you wrote that?"

I have always loved the last episode though, so it's always funny to me when Lauren talks about how the "ending wasn't satisfactory" and that "we didn't know we weren't coming back." It's like, "did you even see the last episode after you filmed it?" It wasn't as fast-paced and quippy as it would have been if Amy wrote it, but it certainly wrapped up all the hanging storylines and felt like a solid "ending" episode to me.

Edited by vanillamountain
  • Love 3
(edited)

In that quiz, it should count double if you were able to get it without the picture and lead-in dialogue (5 of them just didn't load for me) or if you knew the answer without looking at the choices :) That would make up for the ones I missed!

Edited by takalotti

I wasn't sure where to put this & wanted to put it in a thread that had activity. I'm furnishing my apartment & am making a gallery wall with prints from movies/TV. Does anyone know if I can find a print of "So, it's a show? It's a lifestyle. It's a religion."

I've found prints of other quotes & one print that has a bunch of GG quotes but I'm hoping to find that one in particular since it's such a great quote for a movie/TV wall.

I wasn't sure where to put this & wanted to put it in a thread that had activity. I'm furnishing my apartment & am making a gallery wall with prints from movies/TV. Does anyone know if I can find a print of "So, it's a show? It's a lifestyle. It's a religion."

I've found prints of other quotes & one print that has a bunch of GG quotes but I'm hoping to find that one in particular since it's such a great quote for a movie/TV wall.

You could try making one yourself at a place like Cafe Press. Or Google custom wall art for other places. If you find or create one please share!

This is more "Gilmore Girls Adjacent in the media" but Pamie (the first GG recapper on TWoP) posted this recently. Poor Pamie, but humorously written as always.

Oh Merciful Zeus.  Poor friggin' Pamie.  I am so sorry that happened to her, even if I laughed so hard I cried at points.  Mostly though? So sorry that happened to her.  Also, I couldn't help thinking throughout, "Oh Jesus, and it's not like she could take a sedative or anything after....for like a year..."  I hope the universe did her a solid and handed her a pain-free labor to help compensate.  Like she sneezed while in a sterile environment and the doctor was all, "Congratulations, it's a bouncing baby health-ball, who will never act-up as a teenager and sleep through the night immediately, never break curfew and achieve straight As from Pre-K on" just to help balance that out.  

I absolutely don't want a massage after reading that though. 

I came here for the AFX panel link and ended up reading Pamie's story too.    Oh. My. Lord.  

• Love 1

i hate to say it, but watching the ATX panel kind of ... i don't know, it made me like the show a little less somehow. like it made me think about how the very actors on this show i am obsessed with don't remember a lot about it while i have spent years obsessing over the minutia.

i'll probably pick it back up in a while though.

while on a flight i finally listened to the couple years old Nerdist episode with Lauren Graham. I highly recommend it. She comes off as really intelligent. 

http://nerdist.com/nerdist-podcast-lauren-graham/

she talks about some GG stuff about half way through

• Love 2
i hate to say it, but watching the ATX panel kind of ... i don't know, it made me like the show a little less somehow. like it made me think about how the very actors on this show i am obsessed with don't remember a lot about it while i have spent years obsessing over the minutia.

Some of us felt the exact same way and said so at the time, so you're definitely not alone! I definitely didn't expect the cast to exhibit the passion and borderline freakish knowledge of the show that some of us hardcore fans do, but it was pretty disheartening that even knowing well in advance they were gathering to celebrate and reminisce about GG, some of them seemed so clueless about and indifferent to their own show. I had a few "if they care so little, why should I care so much?!" moments. 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 1

I didn't watch the panel, but it honestly doesn't bother me when actors aren't that passionate about shows they do. For many of them, it's probably just a job, and I think that's okay. A long as they sell what's on screen, I don't really care. This is especially true when it's a show like GG that's been off the air for several years. The actors are probably grateful the experience but have moved on.

The actors are probably grateful the experience but have moved on.

Absolutely agree. I think, as actors they love the recognition that certain roles bring them, but at the same time don't want to always be known for one, or maybe two, roles.