Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls in the Media

• Start Topic

On the Gilmore News website, there's a click bait article about Scott Patterson. No spoiler in that article, what he said applied to his work in the original series. 

What's really interesting about that article is the Milo Ventimiglia video at the bottom of the page. He talks about his new series and answers a couple of generic movie star questions. A couple of those answers are again, not revival spoilers, but have GG original series undertones.

http://www.gilmorenews.com/2016/10/14/scott-patterson-on-fitting-into-the-gilmore-girls-rhythm/

13 hours ago, cuddlingcrowley said:

I hope this is the right thread, but have you ever SEEN ANYTHING CUTER EVER?? GILMORE GIRLS FUNKO POPS!!

I'm in love with Rory in the chilton uniform and Sookie is so incredibly well made! I'm not crazy about Lorelai, tho. A bit too plain save for Luke's cup! Something is missing. A crazy hat or, God help me, a bandana. I want a early seasons terrible fashion funko pop Lorelai!

Yes, I love the Sookie and Rory. I agree Lorelai isn't very Lorelai-like. Perhaps her Ren Faire dress or the black and red checkered sweater.

Lorelai's outfit should have been the cowboy boots and shorts from Rory's first day at Chilton.

Alternatively, Rory and Lorelai would have looked cute in their ensembles from They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 2

I didn't want to post it here because it obviously will have scenes from the revival but the official trailer has been released. (I posted it in the spoilers and speculation thread for those of you don't mind being spoiled)

Edited by lulu1960
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Minneapple said:

Holy hell, that it the worst wig ever on Scott Patterson. I mean it's so bad I couldn't focus on anything else when he was onscreen.

I mentioned this in the spoilers thread too. His profile pic on twitter has an even worse one.

• Love 1

Their bro-mance is too cute.

Watch Milo Ventimiglia interrupt Jared Padalecki's Gilmore Girls interview with a kiss

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/17/gilmore-girls-milo-ventimiglia-jared-padalecki-hug

Gilmore Girls: Kelly Bishop shares favorite, Tennessee Williams-esque episode

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/18/gilmore-girls-kelly-bishop-ventimiglia-padalecki-favorite-esque-episode

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, FictionLover said:

Much better. He is still a handome man, I wish he would stop trying to deny his age and be himself. 

3 hours ago, FictionLover said:

Much better. He is still a handome man, I wish he would stop trying to deny his age and be himself. 

Always wonder how much say actors have over things like that for photo shoots or even filming. Because if I'd been Lauren when that awful thing happened giving her a noticeable bald spot, I would have raised holy heck. 

• Love 1

So I got the electronic EW magazine and I have to say, Samantha Highfill (EW author) and the cast ... along with ASP and DP... REALLY trash S7.  If I was David S. Rosenthal, I'd be pissed.  As far as I can tell, he personally had nothing to do with the contracts dispute that led to ASP and DP leaving.  And yes, he had the great sin of not actually being ASP or DP.  It was a job and he did it.  But I've never seen a set of interviews which were so biased against another showrunner.

And honestly, I think I'll pin this on Highfill. She is the one who asked the questions and chose what to put in the article.  

I, BTW, am not a long-time GG fan like so many here.  So while I understand many are of the same opinion as Highfill, and other vehemently disagree... I'm just commenting on the fact that they would bother with trashing S7 in a cover story.  A simple "there were some changes in S7 that didn't fit the original creator's vision but nothing that prevented those four last words". And be done with it.  

Other than that... lots of pretty pics, that unexpected (for me) take on Logan being "Rory's father", etc...  

• Love 9

Its ridiculous how everyone in the cast loves to trash season 7, convienently ignoring that season 6 wasn't exactly a hit with the fans either. And Amy has no room to talk after she's been so vocal on never actually having watched season 7, so how can she speak with confidence on whether it really was terrible or not? Hearing about it from other people is not the same thing is seeing for yourself 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Frelling Tralk said:

Its ridiculous how everyone in the cast loves to trash season 7, convienently ignoring that season 6 wasn't exactly a hit with the fans either. And Amy has no room to talk after she's been so vocal on never actually having watched season 7, so how can she speak with confidence on whether it really was terrible or not? Hearing about it from other people is not the same thing is seeing for yourself 

I have ZERO respect for anyone who trashes an episode that haven't watched. It's a real pet peeve.  OTOH, if they really hate the overall direction of S7 - the major plot points and character arcs - I can somewhat accept that.   Extreme example: If in S7 Lorelei sold her Inn to a corporation.  That would be so blatantly NOT Lorelei, the original creators would (IMO) rightly have a beef.  Of course, they left it to be handled that way, but I could see disparaging remarks.  But I think it's wrong of ASP and DP to literally not watch any episodes of S7 and just essentially do a semi-"do-over" 10 years later.  Didn't stop me from watching, but their attitude in that EW article annoyed me.

• Love 3

Saw Alexis on Fallon and she is so beautiful, my goodness.  Unfortunately Jimmy (who I do love but he really frustrates me) talked 90% of the time.  Why doesn't someone reign him in and tell him to bring out his guests more, rather than himself??  Particularly someone who is shy like Alexis but really the mark of a good interviewer is to bring out the best and most in the GUESTS.  I was glad to hear a bit more from Alexis but was left wanting.  

• Love 2

It was interesting to hear that AB found Rory cheating w/ Logan really out of character when she first read the script. That was my initial reaction too---until I reflected back on the series and my formerly Rory apologist self was forced to concede that it's actually a pretty well-established pattern for her character. 

Thanks for posting that Time interview with MC! It helped fill in at least a couple of the many, many questions some of us had re. the Odette/Logan/Rory triangle from hell: apparently Logan sees marrying Odette as a 'family obligation' rather than being with someone he has feelings for. Though why someone in this century feels like he 'has to' marry a certain person due to his family ties remains a mystery to me, but whatever---seems Logan is still pulling the 'I'm just a victim of my poor little rich boy destiny life and can't possibly be expected to make my own choices!' nonsense. Despite all his talk about a carefree risk taker he is, Logan doesn't seem willing or able to take the kind of risks that would really make him a strong and brave person. And MC did indicate that Logan does and will always love Rory and is very much in love with her, so clearly he doesn't see their dalliances as just clinging to nostalgia or a physically pleasurable diversion. I wonder if this is just MC's take on his character in the revival or one that was confirmed by ASP...? Either way, it was worth the read---thanks again for posting!   

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 3

The best part of Alexis' interview with Fallon -- who said he's only now watching GG and is on season 3 -- was when he welcomed her to the show but said he was pretty mad at her right now. Heh.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3

That Hypable review is perfect, IMO.  It sums up my feelings 100% WRT to Rory's storyline.  I found where Rory ends up just so, so sad and heartbreaking.  Sure people can argue that she's finally getting her just desserts but I guess I expected something a little more hopeful for a character in her 30s who watched her mother's struggles all those years to have not learned from Lorelai's mistakes.   It's uber-depressing to think that Rory was always destined to wind up just like her (according to ASP's big vision).

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 4

The aol build interview with Scott Patterson was Scott at his best - loving Gilmore Girls, talking about the show and his acting, and occasionally saying a little too much.

This time he let drop that Netflix has another season contracted with WB. He also, not actually bashing season seven, would have preferred not having it at all. 

If anyone has a link to the Palladinos article where they bash S7, I'd appreciate knowing it. 

Here's Scott's aol build interview. 

http://build.aol.com/video/583dd8c3509549572c78723b/

• Love 1