Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls in the Media

• Start Topic

i'm not sure where to put this post, but i was sitting here reading TVD forums (don't judge!) and all of a sudden i heard a very familiar voice- Keiko Agena in a Verizon ad! she suddenly looks her age (not in a bad way! as someone who looks much younger than her years, i know it gets annoying looking like a child after a while.)

• Love 2

Boy Headmaster Charleston has come a long way since that tacky prep school in Hartford! He is now a highly revered Prime Minister of Great Britain.

Dakin Mathews is now appearing on Broadway as Winston Churchill in Helen Mirren's The Audience.

I think this is an acceptable thread for this...

Just saw Keiko Agena in a Verizon commercial (side by side "testimonial" about apartments). I wasn't watching at first and recognized her by her voice first.

ETA: Oh dear. I don't know how I missed blackcat's post about this. I swear I'd read the post before and after blackcat's, but I don't know how I missed that one. I guess my brain managed a 15/15-1 algorithm for reading a thread. Sorry for the redundant info!

Edited by takalotti
  • Love 1

i'm not sure where to put this post, but i was sitting here reading TVD forums (don't judge!) and all of a sudden i heard a very familiar voice- Keiko Agena in a Verizon ad! she suddenly looks her age (not in a bad way! as someone who looks much younger than her years, i know it gets annoying looking like a child after a while.)

I just saw this ad yesterday, and only a little while after I had watched a GG episode on Netflix. It was so jarring to see her all grown up! (Yes, I know she was already grown up when playing Lane, but you know what I mean!) I have not seen her since GG ended so it was nice to see her again.

• Love 1

Jared Padalecki People Mag interview. He's going to the ATX Television Festival panel for Gilmore Girls. Alexis and Lauren are going to.

http://www.people.com/article/jared-padalecki-supernatural-always-keep-fighting-gilmore-girls-interview

It's been a while since Gilmore Girls hit Netflix, but I have to ask: Though you are a biased party, are you Team Dean or Team Jess?

I'm so Team Dean! Biased or not, I'm totally Team Dean. I do love Milo [Ventimiglia, who played Jess], though, and I think I'm hopefully going to see him this summer. There's a Gilmore Girls reunion happening at the ATX Television Festival, and I would love to be a part of it if I'm invited. They didn't invite me yet, so, hopefully I can go. I always think Dean is a good guy – a little simple around the edges – but he was a kid! I'm not gonna hold it against him.

(ETA: Padalecki will now be joining the Gilmore Girls reunion at the ATX Television Festival, according to a post on his Facebook page.)

• Love 1

Even more added to the festival.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/the-gilmore-girls-are-reuniting-and-our-hearts-can-barely-ta?utm_term=.mtrdKnP2q#.sbaBZE48E

ATX’s Gilmore Girls reunion just got even more star-studded: TVLine reports that Jared Padalecki (Dean), Scott Patterson (Luke), Kelly Bishop (Emily), Keiko Agena (Lane), Liza Weil (Paris), Liz Torres (Miss Patty), Sean Gunn (Kirk), Yanic Truesdale (Michel), and John Cabrera (Brian) will join Graham, Bledel and series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino on the panel! March 27, 2015, at 1:05 p.m.

• Love 1

Wow, they've got almost all of the main cast...and then there was Brian lol. I wonder if they will be adding more; I kind of expect Milo to show up, as Jess was such a popular character.  Man, this is going to be good! Hope we get seem insider videos and write-ups of this. I can't wait to see what kind of stories the cast dish out. I'm thinking, since GG has been gone for a while, that they feel free to dish in more detail.

I would guess no Milo just because he's wanted to distance himself from GG for a while. Didn't he ask ASP to kill off Jess so there wouldn't be any lingering questions about him coming back? I'm sure a GG movie will be a topic of conversation, so I'd assume he'd want to avoid those questions and having to seem like a jerk if he was the only one up there saying he wouldn't want to.

Edited by takalotti

I was thinking may be no Milo because of Alexis/ex-boyfriend issue? Especially if the breakup wasn't good.

They're both adults and it has been almost 10 years since their breakup, so I wouldn't think that would be an issue. 

I would guess no Milo just because he's wanted to distance himself from GG for a while. Didn't he ask ASP to kill off Jess so there wouldn't be any lingering questions about him coming back? I'm sure a GG movie will be a topic of conversation, so I'd assume he'd want to avoid those questions and having to seem like a jerk if he was the only one up there saying he wouldn't want to.

Milo has often spoken fondly of his time on GG whenever asked. I think he even still keeps in touch with ASP and other cast members like Scott and Jared. Has any of the cast ever voiced a strong desire to participate in a reunion movie? Milo has never come across as a jerk in any of the panels I've seen him on. He is very gracious. I would think his work schedule would be the only thing that would prevent him from attending.

Edited by Aloeonatable

Gilmore Girls Reunion at ATX TV Festival: 9 More Castmembers Joining Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel

http://tvline.com/2015/03/27/gilmore-girls-reunion-cast-atx-festival-jared-padalecki-scott-patterson

They're both adults and it has been almost 10 years since their breakup, so I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

All the celebs who have break ups are adults, but doesn't mean they want see each other and spend time together at an event where they could be put on the spot and have to put on an act. They could be friendly ex's that would have no problem with it, or they could be bad blood and not want to be together ever no matter how many years pass. 

He also said stuff about how badly Alexis wanted to leave and Lauren's contract after he left the show, which wasn't his place to say and she had to outright deny.  Jared wants to see him, but may be others don't.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Jared wants to see him, but may be others don't.

I don't think we should assume anything about the cast unless we know them personally.

All the celebs who have break ups are adults, but doesn't mean they want see each other and spend time together at an event where they could be put on the spot and have to put on an act. They could be friendly ex's that would have no problem with it, or they could be bad blood and not want to be together ever no matter how many years pass.

These people are professionals, they know how to act. Why would anyone assume that they couldn't even be in the same room together.

Edited by Aloeonatable

Because as you said above, nobody knows them personally. Nobody knows how their break-up was. All the actors on GG are professionals, but personal life and personal feelings can affect things no matter how much time has passed. So many behind the scenes issues has all actors not doing tv reunions, panels or not having the entire cast together even after years.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

I won't belabor this, but don't you think it is better to assume something positive instead of something negative. 

Change of subject, does anyone think we'll get a youtube of the panel?

ATX has previously uploaded their panels onto their youtube channel. I've personally watched their FNL (Kyle Chandler! Connie Britton!!), Everwood, Hey Dude, and Roswell videos.

ETA: there were some panels I've looked for that were uploaded by fans and not ATX. Like the panel for BMW. So even if ATX doesn't put it up, hopefully a fan will. IIRC, ATX might edit down their videos too.

Edited by solotrek

I've already bookmarked that link to their youtube channel. On another forum, it was mentioned that two members were going. I also know someone who is going. One way or another I'm sure we will be able to see stuff.

If anyone wants a big punch to the gut, Edward Herrmann is the narrator of the Ken Burns-produced documentary Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies that is being shown on PBS. The director spoke about him a bit here:

During his first day working on the six-hour documentary, Herrmann collapsed, says director Barak Goodman. Herrmann was able to continue, but later in the day explained that he had terminal brain cancer.

“We decided together after a lot of soul-searching and talking that we would go forward,” says Goodman. “He was confident he could finish. It was, to him, going to be the capstone. He felt it was appropriate that this be his final project.”

[...]

Herrmann also inspired the director. “I can’t tell you how hard he pushed to get this done and get this done right, and his narration is terrific,” says Goodman. “Just a remarkable guy. We all felt privileged that he could do this.”

• Love 6

More on Milo and GG

Interviewer: Speaking of past characters, I feel compelled to ask about Gilmore Girls. Jess was always my favorite of Rory's boyfriends, even though he was kind of a jerk.
Milo: He was a good guy, though! By the very end. He was a really good guy.

Interviewer: He was! By the end. Speaking of rehabilitation. … Anyway, I like to think that Jess and Rory got back together after the series ended. What do you think about that? Do you want to kill my dreams?
Milo: I don't want to kill your dreams, but I don't think Jess and Rory got back together. I think they kept a friendly relationship. Maybe they send each other postcards. There was another version of the ending that I'd heard from [GG creator] Amy Sherman-Palladino and it still wasn't Rory and Jess. … Or it was? I have no idea. I think that's also the cool part. You never really know. There are stories and things that you wonder about but then you get to dictate how you see things and how they could have worked out, which is kinda cool, you know?

As opposed to, "Hey, let's revisit this, let's put a capper on it and let's tell you exactly how it ended." Then, maybe, you're going to be disappointed. That's always the tough thing about revivals. You get so excited, and then maybe it will leave a bad taste in your mouth. I don't know. I'm of the opinion of moving forward. Something ends, it's done. And that's okay! You get to share the memories and look back at things reverently and just move forward.

Interviewer: [Willfully ignores] So … you are telling me … that Jess and Rory at least keep up a texting relationship.
Milo: [Laughs] I don't think Jess is the texting type. I don't want to say he's as old school as letter-writing, but … I think Jess really, truly cared about Rory and that was pretty evident at the very end. He said, "This isn't you. I know you. This isn't you." But I don't know.

Interviewer: There's a Gilmore Girls reunion happening at the ATX Television Festival. Will you be there?
Milo: I'd love to, but I just signed on for another movie that hasn't been announced so I'm waiting for my schedule. I'd love to be a part of it and to see the old crew and to connect with the fans specifically about Gilmore. I know everybody else has signed on, but I just don't know my schedule right now which kinda sucks.

Edited by Aloeonatable

I didn't realize that Doyle wrote the screen play for both Mockingjay movies--just found that out after reading an article about the upcoming panel.

He's so successful, he's responsible for 'Empire'. Which is bound to be brought up, biggest show on tv in years. Getting him to be at the panel is huge.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

He's so successful, he's responsible for 'Empire'. Which is bound to be brought up, biggest show on tv in years. Getting him to be at the panel is huge.

Wow, an honest-to-goodness successful writer doing yoga with Paris Gellar. There must have been moments that almost killed him while on the show.

What would he have done with S6 and S7? A girl can only dream.

So perhaps this isn't quite the right thread for this but I didn't see one better. I came across a Photo of Lorelai's letter to Rory concerning Logan. I hadn't seen it before so I thought I would share.

Thanks so much for sharing! I have never seen that either and always wondered what it may have said! Edited by LeafontheWind

Do people know about the Gilmore Guys podcast? Two guys watching the whole series - one a fan, the other watching for the first time. And sometimes a guest (including Sam Phillip AMD Helen Paik!) It's fun to relive the episodes and hear the newbie's guesses on what's going to happen.

• Love 2

Do people know about the Gilmore Guys podcast? Two guys watching the whole series - one a fan, the other watching for the first time. And sometimes a guest (including Sam Phillip AMD Helen Paik!) It's fun to relive the episodes and hear the newbie's guesses on what's going to happen.

They're pretty fun to listen to, but they go off on tangents all the time. I think Keiko Agena did one episode as well.

Scott Patterson just posted on FB and Twitter. He will be in a Lifetime movie called Kidnapped: The Hannah Anderson Story. (It was big news here in California)

'KIDNAPPED', May 23 on Lifetime. True story of James Lee DiMaggio. I'm DiMaggio. I finally get to play DiMaggio. Check it out.

Matt Czuchry, Mr. Logan Huntzberger himself did an AMA on Reddit yesterday.

I actually liked how Rory refused Logan's proposal. I feel that the show is about 2 strong independent women, and that refusal captures the heart of the show.

And I don't think it was personal to Logan. I just think it was the right decision for Rory regardless of who her boyfriend was.

Even at the wrap party, there were talks that the show was gonna come back, and that I would have come back to have been a part of that. But nothing was ever set in stone.

And I will be there, at the reunion in June. Hope to see you there!

• Love 2

I didn't realize that Doyle wrote the screen play for both Mockingjay movies--just found that out after reading an article about the upcoming panel.

Wow. The Mockingjay movie was the best of the three. 

I didn't watch the show when it was on the air, but I'm getting goosebumps at the talk of a reunion. I wish I'd watched it years ago - the show is like the television version of comfort food. I did watch Heroes, and knew Milo from that.

• Love 2

http://http://www.bustle.com/articles/81559-11-reasons-rory-jess-should-have-ended-up-together-on-gilmore-girls

Warning: the author of this seems to be a cheerfully biased Jess/Rory fangirl, so if you're not among those of us who really enjoy this couple, you might want to spare your blood pressure by giving this particular article a pass :) I enjoyed it, though, and Luke/Lorelai fans should get a definite kick out of Reason #5! 

Regardless of who (if anyone!) you happen to 'ship, what I think is so awesome is that people are STILL this passionate about our show. And you never know when media mentions will end up attracting a few news fans. Speaking of which, welcome, Anela! I hope you'll come by other threads and share your thoughts on the show :)