Type keyword(s) to search

ADA Peter Stone: Mothership Legacy Kid

• Start Topic

Having occasionally watched Strike Back, I keep expecting a Britsh accent to slip out.

LOL!

With that said, Phillip Winchester seems like a genuinely nice person .

So I'm willing to give Peter Stone a fair chance, plus he's easy on my eyes.

• Love 3

I really like Stone so far. I love how they brought him on by having Jack McCoy eugolize Ben, and I thought him becoming the SVU ADA made sense even though I hated how they shit on Barba, and I think Stone’s been a great ADA so far. He doesn’t bow to Benson’s wishes and will make his own decisions, and he is by the book and doesn’t tolerate unethical behavior. I loved how in his first episode as SVU’s ADA he tore into Benson for hiding Cassidy in her apartment and accused everyone in SVU or being criminals, and he will stand up to Benson and not tolerate bullshit from her. I just hope he stays that way and that his sister’s death doesn’t change him, and I don’t want to see him and Benson become BFF’s, especially after the way Benson treated him when he first came on, The Undiscovered Country was on tonight on a rerun and Benson’s rudeness towards Stone was beyond unprofessional.

• Love 1

I have a feeling it will probably be about the same amount of time that has passed in real life between the 2 episodes, so probably a couple of months. 

I’m afraid that Stone will become watered down and weakened this season, I’m worried that he will go off the deep end in the wake of his sister’s death and Benson will have to save him, and as a result Stone starts bowing to Benson’s every wish the way Barba did. I hope this isn’t how the season goes, but I’m afraid that’s how it will. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m afraid that Stone will become watered down and weakened this season, I’m worried that he will go off the deep end in the wake of his sister’s death and Benson will have to save him, and as a result Stone starts bowing to Benson’s every wish the way Barba did. I hope this isn’t how the season goes, but I’m afraid that’s how it will. 

Oh God I hope not, rather see Stone get counseling from Dr. Olivet.

• Love 2
On 9/24/2018 at 4:11 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Unfortunately there will almost undoubtedly be some movement in that direction. The pattern has always been going from tension between two separate yet equally important groups in the criminal justice system, the police who investigate crimes, and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders, to the ADAs becoming basically part of the squad willing to go along with anything in order to get the bad guys, because they are all a family and the suspects are pervs and scumbags so who cares about civil rights or due process? I don't think they'll go full Pod Barba because Stone is obviously Chernuchin's pet project so there will be pushback there, but that's just the natural flow of things on this series. They've never managed to depict the relationship between the DA and the NYPD with the same degree of nuance as the rest of the franchise even when the series was at its peak.

• Love 3

This show has never depicted the relationship between the cops and DA’s as well as the mothership did, but Cabot and Novak never became puppets who did everything the SVU squad wanted them to do the way Barba did by the end of his term. Stone was awesome last season and didn’t bow to Benson, but I’m worried that this season Stone will become watered down and weak after his sister’s death and Benson will be able to push him into doing everything she wants, because Benson has to be at the center of everything since Mariska is a producer and no one can go against the Queen Bee.

• Love 1

What's with the opening scene with Stone in bed with 2 women?  Was this typical behavior for him? I've kind of forgotten his past. Were they prostitutes? Did it ever get mentioned again in the show?

We already have a Peter Stone discussion thread, someone should move this post over there.

No that wasn’t typical behavior from Stone, he was grieving his sister’s death. Nothing else was ever said about the scene and I have no idea who the 2 women were.

4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

We already have a Peter Stone discussion thread, someone should move this post over there.

No that wasn’t typical behavior from Stone, he was grieving his sister’s death. Nothing else was ever said about the scene and I have no idea who the 2 women were.

Two women he probably picked up at a bar. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Probably. At least we can put the Benstone/Stoneson/Bone ship to rest...for now. 

Oh I don’t know about that, it seems like they are still going to be pushing the Benson/Stone ship, Stone seems to be quickly turning into a Benson puppet, I’m still expecting more of the Benson/Stone relationship.

Currently binge watching Strike Back, the Stonebridge/Scott era.

Completed two seasons so far,  Phillip Winchester's body is just.....

Oh yeah, hopefully Stone's pub crawling and ONS are over.

Since we haven't seen him doing either since the SP.

I don’t like the soapy drama of Stone drinking and hooking up with random women, hopefully that will be over after this week, Stone hasn’t become a full on Benson bot yet, but he was in Zero Tolerance and he has been watered down some, he’s been regular Stone in the last 2 episodes but now we are going full blown Stone soap this week. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 2

Yeah it was great to see by the book, very serious Stone back this week. Stone hasn’t gotten enough to do this season and I hope we continue to see more of him in court and more of by the book, sometimes hardass, Stone instead of a soft Benson puppet like Barba became.

• Love 2

I’ll miss Stone as well, I really like his by the book, sometimes hardass style, as well as his connection to the Mothership. 

I’m not sure how I want Stone to exit, but I hope it’s a better exit than any of the other ADA’s: Cabot had to go into witness protection, Novak got suspended and Barba killed a baby. Please give Stone something better!!

Jack McCoy needs to appear in Stone’s final episode IMO. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 1

Yeah I could Mark Jefferies convincing Stone to return to Chicago, or perhaps Stone becomes a federal prosecutor the way Abbie Carmichael and Connie Rubirosa did. I don’t see Stone going from ADA to defense lawyer the way Robinette did. 

McCoy should definitely come back for Stone’s final episode, at least for Stone to tell him he’s leaving the Manhattan DA’s office.

I don’t see Stone being killed off, since his father and sister died last season, and it would prevent any possibility of a guest appearance in the future.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’ll miss Stone as well, I really like his by the book, sometimes hardass style, as well as his connection to the Mothership. 

I’m not sure how I want Stone to exit, but I hope it’s a better exit than any of the other ADA’s: Cabot had to go into witness protection, Novak got suspended and Barba killed a baby. Please give Stone something better!!

Possibilities ranked in decreasing order of likelihood:

Noah is taken hostage at a youth baseball game by some perps Liv is pursuing in a gang rape case after some questionable tactical decisions. Benson charges in without waiting for ESU even after Fin and Carisi both tell her it's a bad idea. She single handedly takes down all 5 of them, but one manages to get off a shot. Stone dies pushing Noah out of the line of fire. Season 21 is all about Liv's grief that yet another father figure for Noah is gone and she can't figure out why it keeps happening.

Stone is racked by guilt after he allows a witness whose life is in serious danger not to testify against a Russian mobster. He gets a conviction and life sentence, but can't live with himself after Liv points out that the witness was denied a cathartic experience and resigns. PW then goes on a tour spouting conspiracy theories about Janet Reno.

Stone punches a transphobic city politician. He is forced to move to the Staten Island DA's office.

Chief Dodds turns out to be a sex offender. Stone prosecutes him after some conflict about needing things like probable cause and warrants before going after an NYPD chief and suggesting that maybe Internal Affairs and the brass need to be looped in. After he gets a conviction thanks to Bensons' brilliant interrogation leading to a confession. Stone is disillusioned and admits he doesn't have Liv's fortitude to keep pursuing justice for the victims. He walks off as Liv whispers goodbye while making a constipated face.

It is revealed that Stone is actually the father of Rollin's baby, not Dr. Al, As soon as it is revealed he immediately leaves to head a sex trafficking task force for the US Attorney's office. We are told is providing for his child, but he is never heard from again.

Stone pulls the plug on a sick baby. Barba returns to prosecute the case.

Stone pulls the plug on sick baby. He then lies to a judge about it and is disbarred. The parents take out a hit on a him and he is forced to go into witness protection.

He is hired as GM of the NY Mets. We don't actually see this on screen, just a long shot of a guy in suit handing him a clipboard in the rain while Benson looks on in the middle of a phone conversation with her old Captain. (Note: only if he really pisses off Dick Wolf and they refuse to shoot an actual exit scene)

Stone has qualms about prosecuting a rich dudebro type accused of rape in a he said, she said case.  The accused turns out to be technically innocent, but is determined to be an accessory to the crime. Benson and Stone then have an emotional confrontation in the bar afterwards. The following conversation ensues -
Benson: You know, Stone, if you were right, you were right for the wrong reasons.
Stone: Meaning?
Benson: Facts, not emotions. What was it you said, everyone you talked to said he couldn't have raped that woman and he had video evidence that he was in a different location when the crime occurred and his DNA didn't match?
Stone: My logical responses make me...
Benson: ...an attorney. You're a superb advocate; you ought to be involved in cases that feed my passion.
Stone: That would be wonderful.
Benson: You must know, that will not happen in this office. It can't.
Stone: Does Jack feel as strongly about this as you do?
Benson: No, but it's my office and my decision, and he accepts it.
Stone: Decision? You've already made a decision?
Benson: I have. You're fired.
Stone: (stunned) Is this because I'm a lesbian?
Benson (whispering): No, of course not. No.
Stone: Good. (long pause) Good.

They find a satisfying and logical reason for him to leave and write a nice exit scene that is all about him and his character arc, not mostly about Benson.

Edited by wknt3
ducking autocorrect...
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

Noah is taken hostage at a youth baseball game by some perps Liv is pursuing in a gang rape case after some questionable tactical decisions. Benson charges in without waiting for ESU even after Fin and Carisi both tell her it's a bad idea. She single handedly takes down all 5 of them, but one manages to get off a shot. Stone dies pushing Noah out of the line of fire. Season 21 is all about Liv's grief that yet another father figure for Noah is gone and she can't figure out why it keeps happening.

Stone is racked by guilt after he allows a witness whose life is in serious danger not to testify against a Russian mobster. He gets a conviction and life sentence, but can't live with himself after Liv points out that the witness was denied a cathartic experience and resigns. PW then goes on a tour spouting conspiracy theories about Janet Reno.

Stone punches a transphobic city politician. He is forced to move to the Staten Island DA's office.

Chief Dodds turns out to be a sex offender. Stone prosecutes them after some conflict about needing things like probable cause and warrants before going after an NYPD chief and suggesting that maybe Internal Affairs and the brass need to be looped in. After he gets a conviction thanks to Bensons' brilliant interrogation leading to a confession. Stone is disillusioned and admits he doesn't have Liv's fortitude to keep pursuing justice for the victims. He walks off while Liv whispers goodbye while making a constipated face.

It is revealed that Stone is actually the father of Rollin's baby, not Dr. Al, As soon as it is revealed he immediately leaves to head a sex trafficking task force for the US Attorney's office. We are told is providing for his child, but he is never heard from again.

Stone pulls the plug on sick baby. He then lies to a judge about it and is disbarred. The parents take out a hit on a him and he is forced to go into witness protection.

He is hired as GM of the NY Mets. We don't actually see this on screen, just a long shot of a guy in suit handing him a clipboard in the rain while Benson looks on in the middle of a phone conversation with her old Captain. (Note: only if he really pisses off Dick Wolf and they refuse to shoot an actual exit scene)

Stone has qualms about prosecuting a rich dudebro type accused of rape in a he said, she said case.  The accused turns out to be technically innocent, but is determined to be an accessory to the crime. Benson and Stone then have an emotional confrontation in the bar afterwards. The following conversation ensues -
Benson: You know, Stone, if you were right, you were right for the wrong reasons.
Benson: Facts, not emotions. What was it you said, everyone you talked to said he couldn't have raped that woman and he had video evidence that he was in a different location when the crime occurred and he his DNA didn't match?
Benson: ...an attorney. You're a superb advocate; you ought to be involved in cases that feed my passion.

They find a satisfying and logical reason for him to leave and write a nice exit scene that is all about him and his character arc, not mostly about Benson.

HAHAHAHA, epic post!!!! 

3 hours ago, wknt3 said:

Chief Dodds turns out to be a sex offender. Stone prosecutes him after some conflict about needing things like probable cause and warrants before going after an NYPD chief and suggesting that maybe Internal Affairs and the brass need to be looped in. After he gets a conviction thanks to Bensons' brilliant interrogation leading to a confession. Stone is disillusioned and admits he doesn't have Liv's fortitude to keep pursuing justice for the victims. He walks off as Liv whispers goodbye while making a constipated face.

Benson: Facts, not emotions. What was it you said, everyone you talked to said he couldn't have raped that woman and he had video evidence that he was in a different location when the crime occurred and his DNA didn't match?

This should win some type of PTV Award!

• Love 2
On 3/30/2019 at 6:15 PM, wknt3 said:

Phillip Winchester posted a brief IG video earlier this week.

Talked about life throwing curve balls and Betrayal.

My takeaway, the circumstances that led to his departure were abrupt.

Some shit went down and he was blindsided.

Far as the Betrayal, the Showrunner Michael Chemuchin.

Any thoughts?

• Love 2

Interesting. This definitely makes it seem like he was forced out, which is what I thought had happened since the beginning. 

I’m now certain that Mariska got Philip fired, I think she was on the side of the crazy fans who hate Stone and want him gone because Stone is the character that gets in the way of Benson pushing her agenda and dominating the show even more than she already does. I think the betrayal comes from Mariska, as Churnuchin seems to like the Stone character.

I hope once the show ends the truth comes out about Mariska and her insane ego. 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Interesting. This definitely makes it seem like he was forced out, which is what I thought had happened since the beginning. 

I’m now certain that Mariska got Philip fired, I think she was on the side of the crazy fans who hate Stone and want him gone because Stone is the character that gets in the way of Benson pushing her agenda and dominating the show even more than she already does. I think the betrayal comes from Mariska, as Churnuchin seems to like the Stone character.

I hope once the show ends the truth comes out about Mariska and her insane ego. 

I thought Chemuchin, since PW came on SVU already having an established relationship with him.

Having worked on Chicago Justice together, a level of familiarity and trust would be there.

With that said, still believe she was involved.

That fact that no official statement has been given about Philip's departure is quite telling.

Plus the only ones that have reached out to him on SM, Julie Martin and two other actresses that have appeared. on SVU.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 1

It just seems like Churnuchun likes the Stone character and wouldn’t want him gone. I’m certain that it’s Mariska who stabbed Philip in the back and wants him gone, I think that the crazies who’ve been bashing Stone since the start got their way and their idol Mariska backed them up and got rid of Stone for them. It’s weird how there has been no official announcement about it and no one has said anything, I will be very curious to see what comes out after the season finale. 

• Love 1

Remember when the main draw to SVU was Meloni and Beltzer?

Back then, Mariska was primarily known as Jayne Mansfield's daughter 

The show was an Ensemble in every way.

Then the 911 episode aired and changed EVERYTHING.

Now here we are, a show Long in the tooth dominated by the Monster all the accolades and

One Emmy created.

• Love 4

I really miss the ensemble show that SVU used to be. The main turning point IMO was season 15, that’s when Mariska became an executive producer and the show became almost entirely about Benson and her agenda. Note that in that same season Noah was introduced and Benson became the squad leader, and Mariska’s agendas began to dominate the stories as well.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I really miss the ensemble show that SVU used to be. The main turning point IMO was season 15, that’s when Mariska became an executive producer and the show became almost entirely about Benson and her agenda. Note that in that same season Noah was introduced and Benson became the squad leader, and Mariska’s agendas began to dominate the stories as well.

Seriously doubt Benson would be able to Adopt Noah IRL.

I tapped out for while, don't recall watching much or any of S18.

A,cryptic tweet from Raul bought me back, the night of his final appearance.

Guess it got too ridiculous for him, so he decided to leave.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, DesertCyclist said:

I personally didn't mind Philip Winchester, so I don't understand the hate and am confused by his departure (someone on the forum mentioned he was fired?).

The same day the S21 renewal was announced, Winchester revealed he wouldn't be returning on Twitter.

That was two weeks ago,  still no official statement about it from the show or network.

The way PW's tweet was worded and a follow up IG video confirms he was fired.

In  the latter, he spoke about being thrown curve balls and Betrayal.

So it appears he was blindsided and some Backstabbing occurred bts. 

TPTB, Mariska and the cast have been Dead Silent about it on SM.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 1

Yes, Winchester was definitely fired and I think Hargitay was behind it. I’m not sure what went down behind the scenes but my theory is that the outrage from certain nutjob fans over Stone’s “that’s not rape” line in Part 33 and Winchester subsequent response to a hater is a factor in Winchester’s firing, and I think Hargitay was on the side of the fans who were outraged and got Winchester fired. It’s telling that everyone involved with the show has been completely silent on social media about it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yes, Winchester was definitely fired and I think Hargitay was behind it. I’m not sure what went down behind the scenes but my theory is that the outrage from certain nutjob fans over Stone’s “that’s not rape” line in Part 33 and Winchester subsequent response to a hater is a factor in Winchester’s firing, and I think Hargitay was on the side of the fans who were outraged and got Winchester fired. It’s telling that everyone involved with the show has been completely silent on social media about it. 

I saw his response on Twitter back then.

He wasn't rude or disrespectful.

Don't recall anyone going after the writers or Showrunner.

They piled on Actor instead.

One of the Writers came to his defense on Twitter.

When that episode aired and Stone said those words, I said Oh shit!

Figured he would catch all the backlash.

Plus they were Bigly Mad about Stone shutting Benson down.

Which I enjoyed and was long overdue. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

I saw his response on Twitter back then.

He wasn't rude or disrespectful.

Don't recall anyone going after the writers or Showrunner.

They piled on Actor instead.

One of the Writers came to his defense on Twitter.

When that episode aired and Stone said those words, I said Oh shit!

Figured he would catch all the backlash.

Plus they were Bigly Mad about Stone shutting Benson down.

Which I enjoyed and was long overdue. 

Agreed 100% with all of this, but he earned the wrath of the very vocal SJW nutjobs on social media, and I think Mariska took notice of this and since most of the people bashing Winchester make up the Mariska/Benson fanclub, I think she played a role in getting Winchester fired. I loved Stone telling Benson to keep her bleeding heart out of the courtroom as well, it was basically the only good moment of the episode, and I think that just earns him more wrath from the Benson fans, because he stands in Benson’s way sometimes. It’s just a theory, but I think Mariska was key in getting Winchester fired.

• Love 2
On 4/5/2019 at 7:36 PM, Xeliou66 said:

It just seems like Churnuchun likes the Stone character and wouldn’t want him gone. I’m certain that it’s Mariska who stabbed Philip in the back and wants him gone, I think that the crazies who’ve been bashing Stone since the start got their way and their idol Mariska backed them up and got rid of Stone for them. It’s weird how there has been no official announcement about it and no one has said anything, I will be very curious to see what comes out after the season finale. 

Allison Intieiri posted a pic of her Michael and PW out at dinner together last night.

Here in NYC, where they're currently filming or might have wrapped S20.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Allison Intieiri posted a pic of her Michael and PW out at dinner together last night.

Here in NYC, where they're currently filming or might have wrapped S20.

Interesting, so it would appear PW is still on good terms with some of the writers. 

21 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Allison is the one who defended him on Twitter, after Part 33 aired.

Aside from her, Julie Martin wished him well.

All of this seems to be proof that it isn’t the writers who are behind this: I’m certain it’s Mariska who is. It will be interesting to see if more comes out after the season ends or after the show ends.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

All of this seems to be proof that it isn’t the writers who are behind this: I’m certain it’s Mariska who is. It will be interesting to see if more comes out after the season ends or after the show ends.

I think it will be the latter, once SVU ends.

When Mariska can't wish folks to the Cornfield, like she probably did to Phillip.

• Love 3

PW posted a pic on his IG earlier this evening.

On the SVU Courtroom set.

Only see his feet on the Prosecution table.

In boots and jeans. He's learning lines and preparing for his final episode on SVU.

That will probably be filmed tonight or tomorrow.

Glad we'll get to see Stone try one last case.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2019 at 2:22 PM, MrsRafaelBarba said:
On 4/14/2019 at 1:39 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I think it will be the latter, once SVU ends.

Will they have rotating ADAs next season or something? Maybe a new one every other week, when there is a trial?