Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19 Nicole & Ashley D

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Ashley always looks like she’s smelling rotten turnips.

She has very large head and had the biggest face ever on the show,her neck must have hurt just holding it up..

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AVM said:

Kids need fats  and carbs in their diet for brain and body development ,Ashley not being the sharpest knife in drawer should not be just feeding her child her weight control diet ...

Well, of course a growing child needs a varied diet; I understand that. I don't think a parent has to be a Rhodes Scholar to create a healthy--not extreme diet--for their kids, a happy medium, if you will, between what the parents eat in this case.

What I was saying, as far as their son is concerned, is that at some point the way Ashley will be eating, whether she's still losing weight or trying to maintain her weight, and the polar opposite of her husband's apparent "eating habit" and increasing weight gain may cause weight problems for their son if a) as a child of two obese parents, he may already have both nature (genetics) and nurture (the bad eating habits of mom and dad that he has witnessed most of his life, and still observes when it comes to his father) working against him; b) literally receiving mixed messages from his parents as to what eating healthy means, and; c) in this case, being a boy, he may be more prone to follow dad's example, choosing McDonald's or pizza delivery over a tasty, balanced meal of proteins, complex carbs, and vegetables with occasional treats.

Having said all that, I really do feel that Ashley's husband has always shown love, support, and concern for her, and he deserves all the credit in the world for that. However, for the sake of his own health and well-being, let alone providing a positive role model for his son, I hope that he takes steps to address his own issues with morbid obesity.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

They should change the name of this show to 

I'M JUST REALLY SCARED RIGHT NOW

Yes, they are always “really scared” on the “journey”!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Did they mention what kind of job he had? Because that Gas Station Freak Out was oddly revealing in that Nicole started screaming at Charlie because he wouldn't get her wheelchair out of the car—this after she told Dr Now she no longer uses it. Then, she screamed Charlie that he's never had a job but yet we're told they up and high-tailed it out of Houston so Charlie could get back his "old job" that was going to pay him $3 more per hour. How did Charlie, after being on his new job for only a month, get time off to fly back to Houston for Nicole's appointment and visit with her jailed father? There's a whole lot of something that we're not being told here, I think

Unfortunately, they never said what his job was or explained any of the contradictions. If anything, the bonus scenes created more contradictions. One bonus scene showed Nicole going to a gym (no trainer, cute or otherwise, but she mentioned having a trainer who’d created a custom exercise plan for her). She said the gym was her “happy place” - referencing the therapy appointment that was cut from Supersized. Later, at the barbecue that we saw in the regular episode, she said she didn’t have a “happy place”.  Which is it? 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

ITA sainte-chapelle.  Although I am very happy that Ashley is trying really hard to maintain her "progress," I see dark clouds looming over this family's future. Not only does hubby seem stuck in his overalls but at no point that I can recall did he ever express any interest in joining Ashley on her weight loss "journey." He never, ever uttered a word about being quite obese himself.

Exactly how is that going to work out as time goes on? Ashley keeps on preparing and eating healthy meals and losing weight while Farmer Brown continues bringing home and eating fast food, junk food, etc. getting bigger and bigger by the day--looks to be pushing 400 pounds to me. How is she going to get her son to want to eat lean proteins and vegetables when her husband is eating as much pizza, cookies, candy or whatever unhealthy foods he consumes in vast quantities? Kids being kids, a cheeseburger, milkshake, and fries will probably win out over a chicken and vegetable stir fry.

And how will their relationship change as she becomes thinner and thinner, dressing nicer, and maybe even catching the eye of other men while her man hurdles head-long towards 500 pounds? Will she still even find him physically attractive?

Might be tough times ahead for them.

Agree with all of this @DC Gal in VA . She seems like a sweet but damaged person, hubby seems to have little interest in her lifestyle changes. They will likely drift apart.

• Love 3
(edited)

Holy crap at that scene at the gas station.  That went from 0 to 60 in like no time flat.  I hope part of that was editing and at least there's some sort of warm up when this screaming happens in real life.

I'm confused about Charlie.  I thought he was a truck driver.  Or am I thinking of Ashley's husband?  A condition that causes you to fall asleep a lot would make a driving job impossible.

Also, I had a bad habit of taking a shot of whiskey every time someone uses the word "journey".  I had to stop that after the 3rd time I was rushed to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.

Edited by Ray Adverb
  • Love 10
On 7/12/2018 at 9:14 PM, cmpbl said:

I'm disappointed they didn't show Nicole on the airplane. I can't believe they didn't make her pay for two seats. 

Omg @cmpbl! I was thinking the same exact thing! Especially when she had the nerve to say “I can fit in a seat in an airplane now.” She better have purchased two seats because that’s just not fair if someone got stuck next to her!

• Love 6
On 7/12/2018 at 6:17 PM, ShoePrincess said:

I don't understand why these people can't put food on an actual plate and use knives and forks. That might help their efforts to lose weight.

When I was "between husbands" and working crazy hours I went to Goodwill and bought mismatched but really pretty china. EVERY SINGLE MEAL I used these. It made the food special. Flowers on the table. Cloth napkins. The whole 9. I wasn't going to fall in to eating half a pan of mac and cheese over the sink or mindlessly eating in front of the tv. It really kept me aware of what I was doing.

• Love 17
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

t seems that these patients are so easily overwhelmed.  I suppose that if you are used to lying in bed and having everything done for you from serving you food, bathing your body and wiping your butt, that it's a strain when you have to get out and run errands, cook a meal or pay a bill. Everything seems to be too much to handle. 

I agree @SunnyBeBe!  I was super annoyed when Ashley told her therapist that she was so stressed because they were renovating their new home and she’s stressed because she’s busy all day long. Ok Ashley, you want stress, try WORKING on top of taking care of multiple little children, food shopping, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, bringing kids to dance class, baseball and etc. Her son is in school all day so she’s at her leisure to do all these things but she’s SO stressed!!!

I would never ever have my little 5 year old doing my laundry and taking care of the house while I sat on my butt like she did.  I don’t care how big she was.  She was able to get up when it came to eating and getting food.  She moves at a snails pace even now and she strikes me as a lazy person in general.  I think Nicole was way more active now as far as taking care of two little ones and moving into a new place.  I’m not saying Nicole is perfect by far but, she just seems more motivated than Ashley. 

4 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

Holy crap at that scene at the gas station.  That went from 0 to 60 in like no time flat.  I hope part of that was editing and at least there's some sort of warm up when this screaming happens in real life.

I'm confused about Charlie.  I thought he was a truck driver.  Or am I thinking of Ashley's husband?  A condition that causes you to fall asleep a lot would make a driving job impossible.

Also, I had a bad habit of taking a shot of whiskey every time someone uses the word "journey".  I had to stop that after the 3rd time I was rushed to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.

Yes!!! It’s like they’re programmed to say that or something.  It’s really annoying!

• Love 7

Great points about how difficult it will be to maintain healthy eating patterns over the long term, if your spouse favors a steady diet of junk and large quantities.  Odds are that they would bring you down, not the other way around.  A man who is so large that he can only wear overalls to cover his enormous torso is very disturbing.  I equate it to a serious alcoholic who has to live in the house with a spouse who drinks booze all day.  To me, it's just insane.  But, as time goes by, I think that the thin, healthy, fit and active women, will lose interest in the obese men, who don't care enough about their own health to be more proactive.  

As I watch many of these families quarrel, it really astounds me.  I'm not sure how people think it's okay to shout, argue and generally be so verbally abusive in front of children.  It boggles the mind. To think that these kids regularly hear that hurts my heart.  That has to be tough and create a sad way to view the world. 

• Love 8
On 7/13/2018 at 3:37 PM, CringeWatcher said:

Ashley always looks like she’s smelling rotten turnips.

Or, from some of our M600PL 's greatest hits: Schenee's belly button, James K's toe jam or, Penny's Pee Pad Meatloaf........... I'm sure there's more.

Aaaaaannnnnd, I'll see myself out.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Or, from some of our M600PL 's greatest hits: Schenee's belly button, James K's toe jam or, Penny's Pee Pad Meatloaf........... I'm sure there's more.

Aaaaaannnnnd, I'll see myself out.

???

It was very sad to see that flashback clip of Ashley's son standing in the washer getting the laundry out. I can picture him 20+ years from now, super obese, sitting in a therapist's office saying "when I was five years old, I had to do the laundry and cook food in the microwave for my mom because she was 700 pounds"  ... this particular episode shows how these patterns get passed down from generation to generation.

• Love 10
(edited)
12 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

It was very sad to see that flashback clip of Ashley's son standing in the washer getting the laundry out. I can picture him 20+ years from now, super obese, sitting in a therapist's office saying "when I was five years old, I had to do the laundry and cook food in the microwave for my mom because she was 700 pounds"  ... this particular episode shows how these patterns get passed down from generation to generation.

You know what cracks me up?  Ashley sitting in the therapists office with the therapist telling her that she needs to start thinking of herself and she's like this because she just worries about everyone else.

Ummm hello this is a woman who used a five year old as a personal servant.  If she was the type of person that put other people first then that would never have happened.

I'm sorry but you are just plain lazy and weak if you do that to a child.  I know there are instances where people may get sick and this might happen, through no fault of their own, but that is way different than that and having the kid make you a pack of hot dogs and do the laundry so you don't have to get off your big ass is selfish selfish selfish.

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 8
On 7/14/2018 at 8:42 AM, JunkFoodTV said:

When I was "between husbands" and working crazy hours I went to Goodwill and bought mismatched but really pretty china. EVERY SINGLE MEAL I used these. It made the food special. Flowers on the table. Cloth napkins. The whole 9. I wasn't going to fall in to eating half a pan of mac and cheese over the sink or mindlessly eating in front of the tv. It really kept me aware of what I was doing.

I'm not usually tempted to eat over the sink (I like to sit in front of the computer, also not good, but at least I use a plate), I always think of the Supremes' song lyrics, "Out of the pot she ate, never used a fork or a dinner plate" ('I'm Living in Shame') and get myself together.  Works for me. 

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:00 AM, Miracle Maxie said:

The Supersized version last night was very different from Wednesday's show. All the bonus scenes were of Nicole, and all the scenes that were edited out were also Nicole. No shrieking at the gas station. No therapy appointment. Charlie's job was mentioned. Charlie and Nicole had adult discussions that weren't filled with yelling and screaming. I think all the new scenes were from after they arrived back in Ohio. A couple of times her voiceovers in the bonus scenes directly contradicted things she said in the voiceovers for the other scenes. I came away from it liking her a lot more than I had initially and wondering just which version was the "real" Nicole. I've never seen such a difference between the Supersized and the regular episode before. Very weird.

Oh, that makes me wish I had recorded the Supersized version.  I don't bother watching them because the one time I did, it was only a couple added moments which to me were not worth the two hours of my time...

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I really would like for the show to demonstrate how much time it takes to go to the market, purchase a lean protein and veggies, return home, cook and serve. And, if the right foods are in the fridge, you can prepare them daily, instead of trips through the fast food line.  Somehow, these patients often feel that fast food is a better deal.....I don't get it. 

Soups are probably the easiest thing to cook (both in terms of time and effort as well as skill level required), very cost-effective and not calorie dense (unless you use all heavy cream instead of water or things like that).  Kids may not be too keen on that, especially if they haven't eaten soups on a regular basis before, but there are enough different kinds  that acceptable compromises can be found for a couple nights a week.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, Miracle Maxie said:

Unfortunately, they never said what his job was or explained any of the contradictions. If anything, the bonus scenes created more contradictions. One bonus scene showed Nicole going to a gym (no trainer, cute or otherwise, but she mentioned having a trainer who’d created a custom exercise plan for her). She said the gym was her “happy place” - referencing the therapy appointment that was cut from Supersized. Later, at the barbecue that we saw in the regular episode, she said she didn’t have a “happy place”.  Which is it? 

I think that's just shoddy editing.   Maybe gym became her happy place later, after the barbecue scene.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, JunkFoodTV said:

A friend of mine always would set up a table nicely, with fine china and pour herself some wine into proper wine glass, even when eating alone.  Any dinner should be celebrated was her motto.  She was also the most organized and mature of all of us...  not to mention the fittest (though she used to be on the US National Soccer Team when she was younger, so that's to be expected). 

I eat in the living room or in the office more often than in the kitchen, but at least I use real plates and real cutlery, even when eating takeout.  The exceptions are if I get some buffalo wings, which I then eat right out of the carton, and when I roast the fish in the oven - then I will eat it right off the roasting pan, so I can just wrap the bones and head and everything when I am done in that same foil on which it cooked and minimize cleanup. 

20 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

There is still hope that he will be very entrepreneurial and mature and successful in his life because he had to fend for himself and be responsible from a young age.  He is likely to become overweight, though, in any case - but hopefully not to the extreme degree.  Just growing up in the country where 2/3 of adults are overweight or obese, the odds are stacked against him.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hellga said:

There is still hope that he will be very entrepreneurial and mature and successful in his life because he had to fend for himself and be responsible from a young age.  He is likely to become overweight, though, in any case - but hopefully not to the extreme degree.  Just growing up in the country where 2/3 of adults are overweight or obese, the odds are stacked against him.  

Or he could end up like Pauline's son "Dully" who certainly has pastry picking skills. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess this is why I don’t have any sympathy for that Ashley much less can stand her! You don’t have children to use as little slaves so you can sit on your ugly fat ass and do nothing.  To have a 5 year old no less take on your responsibility as his mother.  If he were older like 12, it could be part of chores but 5 years old? Pathetic mother!   Also, he should have been going to pre-school at 3 or 4! Not sitting home all day waiting on her big fat head and fat ass! Then she started abusing pain meds! She’s constantly crying about how she was abused as a child and how her mother was a drug addict.  Well, that’s the pot calling the kettle black.  She was abusing her son in a different way. Child labor by law is considered “work that deprives children of their childhood, interferes with their ability to attend regular school, and that is mentally, physically, socially or morally dangerous and harmful.” Seems spot on what she did to Patrick.  He should have been in pre-school learning numbers, abc’s, playing and having FUN with other children.  I don’t call a child waking up doing dishes, doing laundry every day acceptable (doing laundry in a very dangerous manner by the way.) What would have happened if that washing machine accidentally turned on while he was standing inside of it getting the clothes out to put in the dryer.  Putting hot dogs in the microwave for BREAKFAST for himself and her! HOWEVER, when her fat ass wanted to cook pork and mounds of Mac and Cheese, she had no issue doing that.  Also, what’s the difference between her being “damaged” by her Mother’s drug abuse and Ashly’s abuse of pain killers? Just because she lost some weight and is doing a little more now does NOT erase the damage done to that sweet adorable little boy.  What a sh-t Mother! She should be ashamed of herself!  She certainly has enough sympathy for herself crying all the time!  She was putting her son in danger before he was born being that big And getting pregnant! That goes for Nicole too! 

What’s infuriating is patients like that sweet Brittani (that’s on this week) and her husband want children so badly!  She recognized that at her highest weight it wasn’t the right time.  She couldn’t care for a little one at that time! I hope they have a baby soon because they actually deserve a child! I can’t wait to see her update on Weds! 

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 3
On 7/16/2018 at 8:48 PM, Kaia40 said:

She’s constantly crying about how she was abused as a child and how her mother was a drug addict.  Well, that’s the pot calling the kettle black.

I understand the sentiment of your post and the whole situation is maddening to watch.  Unfortunately, this is the downward spiral of being raised in such a dysfunctional environment.  She hasn't had any other model of how life is supposed to work and so it perpetuates until someone can break away.  Hopefully by seeing a therapist and trying to change her life it stops here and subsequent generations start to pull themselves out of the quicksand.

• Love 7
On 7/14/2018 at 8:49 AM, Kaia40 said:

I agree @SunnyBeBe!  I was super annoyed when Ashley told her therapist that she was so stressed because they were renovating their new home and she’s stressed because she’s busy all day long. Ok Ashley, you want stress, try WORKING on top of taking care of multiple little children, food shopping, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, bringing kids to dance class, baseball and etc. Her son is in school all day so she’s at her leisure to do all these things but she’s SO stressed!!! 

These people are always so 'stressed,' I don't understand it. They do nothing. Other people wait on them. Sometimes other people have to change their diaper or clean them. Odd that stress never causes them to get more organized, to plan their meals (so they can think about the things that are stressing them out and not about food), etc. No. Stress always causes a trip to KFC. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, cynicat said:

I understand the sentiment of your post and the whole situation is maddening to watch.  Unfortunately, this is the downward spiral of being raised in such a dysfunctional environment.  She hasn't had any other model of how life is supposed to work and so it perpetuates until someone can break away.  Hopefully by seeing a therapist and trying to change her life it stops here and subsequent generations start to pull themselves out of the quicksand.

It would be wonderful if her son could also see a therapist while he’s still a child and maybe regain some of what childhood he has left!  Her therapy deals, as it must, with her and her “stress” and her coping without turning to food.  That poor child (ALL of these children!) needs someone to look out for HIM as well.

• Love 4
On 7/14/2018 at 11:05 PM, Colleenna said:

Or Hee Haw's Junior Samples 

R-7040907-1432326989-7749.jpeg.jpg

I am so going to be Debbie Downer here, but I feel impressed to say something about the overall humor.

I live in a college town in a rural state. Many of my students, and not a few of my co-workers, either grew up on a farm, currently live on a farm, or the grandparents are still running the family farm. There are farmers at my church. There are farms probably not 7 minutes from me and my cute little townhouse.

I see guys in overalls in the Walmart, at the bank, in the grocery. These guys are growing food for the nation. I don't make fun of them (and yes there is farm humor) because of what they wear.

This isn't a knock on anybody  who thinks Ashley's husband probably needs to find something else to wear (especially since he's a truck driver, right?), just a small rant from an east coast city girl who learned a thing or two when she left the city behind.

America Needs Farmers

ps - Junior Samples? That's a trip down memory lane.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, aliya said:

I am so going to be Debbie Downer here, but I feel impressed to say something about the overall humor.

I live in a college town in a rural state. Many of my students, and not a few of my co-workers, either grew up on a farm, currently live on a farm, or the grandparents are still running the family farm. There are farmers at my church. There are farms probably not 7 minutes from me and my cute little townhouse.

I see guys in overalls in the Walmart, at the bank, in the grocery. These guys are growing food for the nation. I don't make fun of them (and yes there is farm humor) because of what they wear.

This isn't a knock on anybody  who thinks Ashley's husband probably needs to find something else to wear (especially since he's a truck driver, right?), just a small rant from an east coast city girl who learned a thing or two when she left the city behind.

America Needs Farmers

ps - Junior Samples? That's a trip down memory lane.

I certainly wasn't knocking farmers. But unless a guy (or gal) IS a farmer, they really don't need to be wearing bib overalls everywhere.

• Love 4
On 7/13/2018 at 3:42 PM, AVM said:

She has very large head and had the biggest face ever on the show,her neck must have hurt just holding it up..

When she was at her heaviest, her face reminded me of the underbelly of a sting ray.  Especially when she frowned.

• Love 5

Pounders, What do we do? We avoid discussing how money is being snatched from the public's wallet for the participants unless it’s specifically revealed on the show. Anything else is pure speculation not to mention also a slippery slope toward talking politics. 

This is part cautionary tale and part bragging....

If these obese parents raise their kids with food being so important (possibly the way they were raised?) the cycle will repeat. Are you sad, have a cookie. Did you accomplish something, let's go for pizza. If every day to day event revolves around food that will lead to obesity. 

Now the bragging...my daughter is raising 6 children ages 10 and under. She feeds them good, well balanced meals. They would take fruit over candy any day. They still get to go trick or treating, save "pretty" candy for our yearly gingerbread house construction and give the rest away. Or trade it for a box of oranges, apples, or pomegranates. (I'm sure they wonder why I want all that candy...hee hee). They LOVE fresh vegetables. Maybe because they have been raised eating that. They were sad when the asparagus stopped for the season. But excited to see the peas, beans, etc... They have asked for vegetables for snacks. With hummus not ranch dip. Yes they have pizza, fast food, etc....rarely if circumstances deem it necessary.

Is my daughter's home eat of the floor clean...ask the 12 month old. Ha! But they always have clean sheets on their beds. Do they help with chores, of course they do. But not doing EVERYTHING at age 5 while you sit on you ample ass. Ashley you should be ashamed of the way you stole that little boy's childhood. 

Ashley is so busy....yeah, you don't know busy. Get busy and raise Patrick the way he deserves.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

If these obese parents raise their kids with food being so important (possibly the way they were raised?) the cycle will repeat. Are you sad, have a cookie. Did you accomplish something, let's go for pizza. If every day to day event revolves around food that will lead to obesity. 

Now the bragging...my daughter is raising 6 children ages 10 and under. She feeds them good, well balanced meals. They would take fruit over candy any day. They still get to go trick or treating, save "pretty" candy for our yearly gingerbread house construction and give the rest away. Or trade it for a box of oranges, apples, or pomegranates. (I'm sure they wonder why I want all that candy...hee hee). They LOVE fresh vegetables. Maybe because they have been raised eating that. They were sad when the asparagus stopped for the season. But excited to see the peas, beans, etc... They have asked for vegetables for snacks. With hummus not ranch dip. Yes they have pizza, fast food, etc....rarely if circumstances deem it necessary.

This makes me think about a family I met once. The two kids didn’t like candy, junk food, or fast food. They only drank water. The parents were soda drinkers, and ate junk food, kept it in the house. They were mystified about where their kids got their eating habits from (mind you they weren’t complaining!). I’ve also heard of parents whose kids loved junk food even though the parents didn’t keep it in the house, and never took them to fast food places. I’m not a parent. But unfortunately I don’t think nurture is always going to dictate how the kids want to eat, at least in the long run. Leading by example is probably the most influential thing a parent can do, but for good or bad, at the end of the day people choose how to live their own lives.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:12 PM, JunkFoodTV said:

Is my daughter's home eat of the floor clean...ask the 12 month old. Ha! But they always have clean sheets on their beds. Do they help with chores, of course they do. But not doing EVERYTHING at age 5 while you sit on you ample ass. Ashley you should be ashamed of the way you stole that little boy's childhood. 

Ashley is so busy....yeah, you don't know busy. Get busy and raise Patrick the way he deserves.

I think that’s so awesome that your daughter (who is actually busy) takes the time to make healthy choices for her children!  I’m sure raising six children is not easy but it sounds like she’s doing amazing job.

Now on to Ashley. I posted a few weeks ago about this. She is a terrible mother to put her little five year old through that.  You’re 100% right @JunkFoodTV! It wouldn’t matter whether she’s losing weight or obese, she’s still lazy! To sit on your fat ass and have your little child jump in a washing machine is terrible and feeding him hotdogs for breakfast, which he cooked, Is beyond disgusting.  She’s always crying about being abused.  Well her child was deprived of a normal childhood.  He didn’t attend pre-school or have friends because she needed him to do her work! She’s disgusting and I don’t feel sympathy for her. She abused her child in a different way. It’s still abuse when you use your child for labor while you sit on your 700lbs fat ass! 

Then you see wonderful people like Brittani who would love to have children!  However, she and her husband have waited until she lost weight because she said they knew it wouldn’t be fair to bring a child into the world if she physically couldn’t take care of them. That’s the responsible way of doing it! I really hope she gets pregnant soon!! Ashley said she was about 600lbs when she got pregnant with Patrick. What kind of person gets pregnant at 600 pounds anyway?  There are tons of risks when you get pregnant and you’re healthy. Never mind when you’re morbidly obese!

Anyway that’s how I feel about that! lol.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Charlie has a medical condition that causes him to fall asleep? And that's why she driving? Well he drove all the way down to Texas from Ohio

I'd bet he has sleep apnea, at the very least...

• Love 3

When Nicole's parents were saying goodbye when she and mouth breather were moving back to Ohio, my guess is Daddy and mommy couldn't leave Texas without parole permission, or he was awaiting trial.    Then when the father was diagnosed, Nicole had to go back to Texas to talk to him.

I wonder if Charlie's sleep apnea or narcolepsy was he lost his license?     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Didn't plan on watching/commenting on this episode so I kept popping in and out. Even though, except for their super morbid obesity, these two women have very different lives, I kept getting them confused. Maybe 'cause I hadn't seen this episode for a while? Well, maybe just a little. Actually fInally figured out it's their ginormous faces/heads. Did TLC purposely put the two female poundticipants with the largest, roundest faces in M600PL history together in one episode? Hmmmmm........😒

• LOL 2
On 7/12/2018 at 6:55 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

I agree. Nicole is working hard to give her kids the life she didn’t have. Does she know all the right stuff to do yet? Of course not, but she’s working really hard! Right now she needs to keep her focus on getting healthy and then everything else will flow from that.

Ashley has been through a lot, too, and she’s working very hard. 

Both of these women are so young.

I really don't agree with the part in bold. Nicole thinks she's trying, basically because she herself is not a drug addict, but that's the only bar she's hit, and she's using this one point in her favour to fuel her belief that she's a competent parent. In reality, she's screaming, behaving erratically, and using illogical and incorrect justifications for her screaming and erratic behaviour. She is coupling this rage-a-holic behaviour pattern with sheer neglect of both children. She and Charlie are creating an utterly chaotic environment for the children, which is the same kind of environment that caused her to spiral into the nightmarish person she is. That she even thinks screaming like that in public is justifiable in the first place illustrates very well that she is not equipped to raise children. No parent is perfect; it is widely recognised that "good enough parenting" is exactly as described, good enough to produce more or less well-adjusted, functional adults, but Nicole is missing that goalpost by many country miles. Her children are going to turn out just like her and her parents, and it's sickening to watch it happen. That little boy is already displaying signs of anger and PTSD. She and Charlie are not fit to raise pigeons, let alone human children.

Wasn't Nicole saying she wanted more kids too?     The first one's father is long gone, other poster's said the youngest child is Charlie's. and she claimed she wanted more?    At least I think she did.   Nothing like trying to have more when you have a history of blood clots, have to go on bed rest for weeks at a time, and bed rest has to be a risk factor for blood clots.  

My guess is they really left Texas because after they got evicted, no one would rent to them again, especially with the parents around.    There was no way Nicole would stick by the separation from the mother, especially since her father was dying in prison.     I don't remember (staying up to 11 p.m. isn't going to happen for me).  if Nicole's mother finally moved back to Ohio or not.  

Nicole is also the seventh poundticipant to join the lawsuit against the production company.   She claims fraud.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Wasn't Nicole saying she wanted more kids too?     The first one's father is long gone, I think the second one is another guy's, not Charlie, and she claimed she wanted more?    At least I think she did.   Nothing like trying to have more when you have a history of blood clots, have to go on bed rest for weeks at a time, and bed rest has to be a risk factor for blood clots.  

My guess is they really left Texas because after they got evicted, no one would rent to them again, especially with the parents around.    There was no way Nicole would stick by the separation from the mother, especially since her father was dying in prison.    

Oh dear. I really hope this doesn't pan out for her, because no child deserves these two shitbirds for parents. Or even one of them. Keep those gametes in check, y'all!

I think you're absolutely right about why they moved to Ohio. Nicole's tiny-headed mother needs to just go away, mayhap join some kind of traveling minstrel show, for which she'd require minimal make-up.