Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Week 7: Bahamas

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Actually I think Ben is waiting in the wings IF F2 through F4 don't step up their stories soon.

Please no. Just stop indulging this grown man.  Give him some tough love and make him stay off tv for a year or two. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I get the impression Becca's entire interest in Colton is physical so his being a virgin, meaning she won't get to sample him in the fantasy suite then dump him for someone she has a "connection" with, has given her pause. Not sure exactly why, but I just get a very superficial attraction from her towards him.

That's what I thought too.  She mentioned something about him being "beefy" and I think that's her type, what she likes.  She just wanted to nail him.

• Love 8

I wish Chris Harrison had responded to Becca having never been to the Bahamas by saying "really?" Followed by him getting up and walking away to compose himself.

I have had sex and I've been to the Bahamas. Both more than once (with grandchildren and a passport to prove it)! I know they are not equivalent. However, sex and travel are just different parts of life's experiences, even if sex is more consequential.

As to Blake's mother and whatever humiliation she may now feel: I have zero sympathy. Yes, perhaps her husband neglected her, who knows? I've taught 8th grade for 25 years. ANY affair will destroy a child's sense of safety, but to a child, NOTHING could be worse than an affair with one's teacher. Especially when the mom leaves the family to run off with said teacher. It's a collision of two enormous aspects of a child's world. Irrationally, a child may even feel guilty for being the unwitting liaison between  them. 

• Love 22
21 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I fear my crush, Jason, is toast for not saying ILY yet.

He is the smart one not to be saying that this early on.  Will said it last week, and someone else said it two episodes earlier (Jean Blanc?).  Why are they all saying this so early on?? They haven't even had enough one on one time; are they all desperate to be in love they have to say it this early?  Or is it because they think she wants to hear it, so they get to stay longer and go on great vacations?? Lol

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, bequialife said:

He is the smart one not to be saying that this early on.  Will said it last week, and someone else said it two episodes earlier (Jean Blanc?).  Why are they all saying this so early on?? They haven't even had enough one on one time; are they all desperate to be in love they have to say it this early?  Or is it because they think she wants to hear it, so they get to stay longer and go on great vacations?? Lol

BINGO, we have a winner!!!!

• Love 6

I was liking me some Leo after they finally have him some extended air time last week. She was so not his type. He's to honest to pretend otherwise, to get more bahama time. Good for you Leo, I hope you go on BIP and find some real fun and romance!

Garrett,,  hmmm I never did trust those smiling Jack's. Always the big smile, trying to prove what a nice guy they are with the big, never ending smile. Big red flag.

Turns out he's not such a nice guy blaming the ex for the entire marriage that they both failed at.

• Love 7

Being a virgin leaves plenty of room for exploration and sampling the goods tho, right? I wonder how technical a virgin the man is...I mean, are we good for third base? Stopping at second? You can still get a good gauge on sexual chemistry without technically doing the damn thing, so to speak. 

Those are the things I would have been asking when Becca decided it was prime time to pee ? 

The whole conversation was so awkward, I felt kind of bad for the guy. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Who could they pick out of this batch to be the next Bachelor?  They are trying with their crazy past stories.  But I am not buying any of them as Bachelor material.  They either have to go back to earlier booted guys this season or past seasons.  Maybe someone shines in Paradise.  

Right now I am just waiting to meet Blake's mother.  That was a story I was not expecting.

I can't believe he announced on national t.v. the behavior of his mother!  Wow!  Way too much info on family drama for the Bachelor nations, how humiliating!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I wasn't watching back then, was she drunk on the way to the potential proposal? Or just sick at the idea of a one-month courtship ending in an engagement? ;) 

The way they were all assuming it was a complete deal-breaker irritated me. The whole "test drive" thing is so stupid. As if things in the bedroom don't ever change, for better or worse? What was lukewarm at first could be improved on and what's white-hot in the beginning could flame out over time, it's not the only thing to consider. Garrett, in particular, seemed especially emphatic on this point. Perhaps that's the answer to what happened in his 2-month marriage...

It's also annoying how when it's a female virgin, every woman in the house is automatically on alert thinking that gives the virgin an edge. Some double standards never change, I guess. 

As for Colton's reticence...it appears he's over it if he was willing to tell the world. I'm not 100% sure I can believe him either, but it would be a pretty quick matter to disprove if he's got exes out there with access to social media. 

And Garrett's basically saying that Becca is going to sex test-drive the top six both repelled me and made me giggle.  It's cool that he's not one of those pigs who slut shames his woman for her sexual history (yes they're supposedly BF/GF but he obviously knows she's not being monogamous in this situation), but his apparent belief that this is a part of the process and it's cool with him is a little shady.

Maybe I'm a prude, but the sexual teasing of this show has always creeps me out a little.  From season one's Amanda coyly telling Michael she has a trapeze over her bed, to now expecting the bachelor/ette to have sex with two to four people as part of the process.  It's gross.  I can't stand how Chris Harrison handles the whole thing, and the term "fantasy suite" makes me gag a little.  Why not just call is orgasm suite?

• Love 6

Becca has a way of making every. single. conversation about her.  Ugh.

Good luck to Leo; I liked him.  He seemed to have his head on straight, but he felt too mature for Becca.  I hope he finds someone who's a good fit.  It was ironic to me that he was sent home because he wasn't ready to go down on one knee (gawd, how I hate that phrase!) while Wills got sent home because he was.  FWIW, I think Wills is a kind, thoughtful, genuine guy, and I loved his reactions to all the drama week after week.  I think he would probably be a great BF if you met him at work or in a bar or someplace other than on TV, but most likely a terrible bachelor.  I wonder if part of his flat affect has to do with the cameras.  Some people can tune them out, while others (like me, I'm horrible on video) can't, and end up being self-conscious and get too much in their own head.  He lit up more when he saw the guys' room at the Baha-Mar than he did even once with Becca.

I can hardly tell the remaining four guys apart.  Jason I like, which means he probably won't be the last man standing.  Colton and Garrett are basically the same person to me, and I didn't even know there was a Blake until this week.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Damn at his soap opera style family story though. That's some shit!

I knew as soon as he told that story, he was a lock for hometowns.  Though the show will never recapture the reality TV gold that was Dean's family.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Am I the only one who just does not believe Colton? His reason defied logic. He said he was so focused on football - yeah, because football is known for getting in the way of getting some. Haha. Laughable.  The he says he is "waiting for the right heart" but also said he was in love with his last girlfriend.  Maybe the editing is to blame, but there is not a cohesive story here at all. I cannot figure out why he would lie about it, but I think he is lying. 

Maybe he was one of the few who actually earned his degree?  I just don't know.

(edited)

Not buying coltons story . His explanation made 0 sense . You can't have sex because you're too busy playing football ? I thought sex was a prerequisite for being a jock . I'm not buying he's a virgin as he comes off as a huge player to me ... but what someone said above is true .. one of the ex lovers could come forward and easily kill that statement so who knows 

Blake has a creepy Vibe to him . I don't know if it's the voice or the mannerisms but I don't get a genuine vibe 

I'm thinking greasy haired Jason is gonna be the next Bach . He has the personality for it and he's not ugly but they'll def have to fix that hair . 

And yea I noticed becca makes every conversation about herself . Granted I'm sure she's told to bring up arie every 10 minutes but she couldn't look less interested in what any of them have to say . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 9
(edited)

When Colton was leading up to his Big Secret, it seemed like he was going to tell her something really major, like he had a kid or was molested or some really major life event, and then we get...VIRGIN! Like, what the fuck? Being a virgin at 26 is that big of a deal? For Becca to walk off and stare into the ocean? For the guys to act like he admitted to being a serial killer who bones the decapitated corpses of puppies? What is this, the plot of the first American Pie? Its not even that he wants to wait until marriage, he just hasn't gotten around to having sex yet. So, he isnt even saying we WONT have sex with Becca, he just hasn't had sex with anyone yet. For which, he might be making it up for drama, but I buy it. I've certainly known people who have just not met a person they wanted to have sex with, and didnt want to sleep with a random person. I mean, if you want to sleep with random people, as long as its all consenting adults and your being responsible, you do you, and if you dont want to have sex with random people, you do you. Why would he even lie, if the show thinks being a virgin makes you some kind of freak. Its just so weird at how dramatic it was played. And, he doesn't have life experience? He hasn't been in a monastery on a deserted island his whole life, he just hasn't had sex. Its not that big of a deal. Its kind of creepy, like Becca is worried he wont be a satisfactory fuck now, so she cant be sure. 

Sad that Wills and Leo are gone, I liked them a lot, but I kind of saw it coming. Wills is so chill, he probably wouldn't be dramatic enough to get to the end (limo breakdowns not withstanding), and Leo seems too mature for Becca. She still seems to be figuring herself out, and is basically doing things because she thinks thats what she should do and want, while he seems to know who he is already. 

Blake seems like Beccas kind of guy. He comes off as kind of a small town basic type of guy, even if I get vibes that he might have some serious rage issues. Maybe because of his parent issues, which, damn, that must have been pretty terrible for him. As for him airing family dirty laundry, you could make a good case that its disrespectful to mom, but it seems like something that has really affected him, and will certainly come off as a family visit. And, yeah there are two sides to every story and I am sure there is probably more to the story than his mom just being a cheating bitch, and they seem to be cool now, but I cant say I have a whole lot of sympathy for someone who not only cheated, but cheated with her kids teacher (which seems like something that could give a kid/teen a serious guilt complex, like "if it wasn't for me, mom wouldn't have met him!") and apparently was cool with leaving the family without even telling her kid, and letting random townspeople tell him how his mom wont be living with him anymore. Thats probably on both parents, actually, maybe thats why Blake seems kinda angry, his family sucks at communication!

You can tell they're trying to add drama where there is none, because nothing else is happening. The guys here are either boring or just chill, Becca is all Hometown Wholesome, and any real drama left with crazy Chris. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, bequialife said:

are they all desperate to be in love they have to say it this early?  Or is it because they think she wants to hear it, so they get to stay longer and go on great vacations?? Lol

Agreed, I mean that trip to Virginia who wouldn't want that? *grins*

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Who could they pick out of this batch to be the next Bachelor? 

Eric for the next Bachelor!!!

I absolutely believe that Table-gate was all editing.  IIRC, when Arie really did get up and leave the table when Lauren said something that strongly affected him, we got lots of camera time on each of them and what they were thinking, and I think they also discussed it when he came back.  If it had been real when Becca left, then there would have been that type of footage, and they absolutely would have shown it.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

They came close with Sean, but Colton is even purer! Plus he has a cute dog they can exploit.

8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea for sure. But hey he could also be asexual but not sure or ashamed of that. Or maybe he is really just telling the truth, I don't think it's wildly impossible that he just wants to wait for what feels like the right time for him.

Pure... 'Waiting'... Meanwhile, dating famewhore/famey types... Hmmm...

I bet he has a micropenis!

I did enjoy the closeups of his pores while sweatily waiting for pensive/freaked out/producer-driven Becca to return.

2 hours ago, violet and green said:

Pure... 'Waiting'... Meanwhile, dating famewhore/famey types... Hmmm...

I think this is more “evidence” that Colton MIGHT be gay. Get a series of high-profile and LONG DISTANCE girlfriends to show the world how straight you are without any risk of having to actually be physical with them. I mean, maybe this was also a coping mechanism to maintain “his flower.” But he was really caught up in the whole I had to lie about who I was because of football. Sure, a 26 year old man can be a virgin, but it’s also not unusual to still be repressed and in the closet at this age—especially when “football” is the driving factor. (And truly, that’s all I’m focusing on here. I wouldn’t assume any 26-year-old virgin is automatically gay—just this whole “football” reasoning.) Whatever else is going on with Colton, I hope he eventually feels comfortable in his own skin and lives his truth and all that jazz. I would kind of love it though if he stood at Proposal Point and chose that moment to come out. 

• Love 5

I wonder how long it took the producers to come up with the whole conch-diving innuendos for Colton’s date?  Becca herself seemed to be in on it as well.  I will admit 12 year old me got a kick out of it.  And shame on Garrett for bad-mouthing his ex!  What a tool!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Not buying coltons story . His explanation made 0 sense . You can't have sex because you're too busy playing football ? I thought sex was a prerequisite for being a jock . I'm not buying he's a virgin as he comes off as a huge player to me ... but what someone said above is true .. one of the ex lovers could come forward and easily kill that statement so who knows 

I feel like he is telling the truth about being a virgin, because, as stated, it would be very easy for one of his few exes to call him out on it so it seems risky to lie about that but I am not buying his reason at all. It just doesn't make sense. He was too busy playing football? He's randomly waiting for the woman he loves, though he told at least one girlfriend he loved her, so...was he lying to her? I think there is something else going on and he doesn't want to say, which, fine, if he's struggling with sexuality, has erectile disfunction, really is built like a Ken Doll, whatever, he shouldn't have to tell the entire Bach Nation, but I do think Becca should be told if he's serious about dating her so I hope they have that talk if he makes it to the Sex Suite. 

32 minutes ago, ChipsandDips said:

And shame on Garrett for bad-mouthing his ex!  What a tool!

If I were considering dating him and he started badmouthing the ex I'd be gone so fast! I would always wonder what he was telling his "boys" about me when we had a fight, or just because he is proving himself to be the kind who blames the other person in a relationship. 

• Love 6
(edited)

A couple of people have pointed out to me that it's very much become a cliche that whenever a straight couple breaks up the man usually tells everyone "She's crazy"  "It's because she was crazy"  "Too much drama".  There was a major celebrity couple that broke up and I told my brother and his response was "She's probably crazy."  It's never the guy's fault, right?  And this is when we don't even know who broke up with who!!!!  (Whom?)  Garrett seems like that stereotypical kind of "guy".  I know way too much about him to even pretend to try to be objective.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 17
On 7/9/2018 at 11:26 PM, Arkay said:

Is Colton's secret, known but to a few, is that he is a virgin axe-murderer? Otherwise, these reactions are ridiculous.  All this "shame," and secretiveness, and mumbling and bumbling and hesitation, Becca getting the vapors, all of it is beyond comprehension. I know it's producer driven, but still....would he be a better man if he'd confessed that he'd knocked up several women, had a sexually transmitted disease, or spent a lifetime trying to hook up with random women? 

So what, the man hasn't had sex. It's not a disease, and if it were, there's a "cure." 

On 7/10/2018 at 8:36 AM, TheFinalRose said:

Becca's reaction to Colton's "secret" was stupid. She had this fantasy in her mind of some pro-football stud falling for her; then she finds out he's not the stud she thought he was and she needs that much time to process?  So Colton is cautious and careful with his love life/nonexistent love-life and that requires a dinner table walk away worse than hearing about Garrett's two-month marriage? 

So right you are! Even if it were surprising news (which I'm willing to stipulate), she couldn't come up with one thoughtful question or comment? Crazy.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:14 AM, Mabinogia said:

[Responding to the idea that Becca was actually getting up to go to the bathroom] I believe it. It is the only thing that makes any sense really. And it is 100% something the editors would do. They are constantly cutting and pasting this mess together to make a story. Especially on a season where all the drama has been booted from the house. They needed SOMETHING.

The fact that it was such a stupid/clumsy response makes this explanation plausible.

14 hours ago, Arkay said:

I wish Chris Harrison had responded to Becca having never been to the Bahamas by saying "really?" Followed by him getting up and walking away to compose himself.

Hah! I think CH said at least three times something like "REALLY? You've never been here before?!?" "This is really your first time?!?" He was really reaching for things to say in that conversation. 

• Love 3

Colton said he had a long-term girlfriend, whom he loved and wanted to have sex with, but didn't.  OK, so I give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and assume his girlfriend wasn't ready, wanted to wait for marriage, whatever, and Colton didn't want to stray outside of that relationship just to lose his virginity.  Some people take sex pretty seriously and want to wait for a committed relationship.  

Garrett is a pig for blaming his ex-wife for a breakup after two months.  He says she changed, was emotionally abusive?  He went from marriage to "this bitch is crazy"  in TWO MONTHS?  No, there's more to it, Garrett.  A responsible adult would have said, "we were in such a rush to get married, we didn't look at bigger issues, and soon realized we weren't right for each other."  Be a man and take half the blame. 

Blake telling about his mom  - I'm ok with it.   Consider that hometown visits are coming up.   Blake NEEDED to give Becca the backstory on what could be some awkward moments when she meets his family.   It makes sense that he'd have a lot of anger that might show itself when he sees his mom.  He didn't want Becca to wonder why he was weird about his mom and her significant other (don't even know if they're still together).    Imagine her meeting his family and thinking there must be something wrong with Blake because he might be standoffish or passive-aggressive with his mom.  Who would want to walk into such an awkward family situation without knowing the background?

And seriously, Blake's mom is the villain here.   If you fall in love with your kid's high school teacher/coach/scout leader/whatever, you shut it down and wait until your kid graduates high school before entering into a relationship.  It's a situation where you put your kid's needs above your own. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

Blake telling about his mom  - I'm ok with it.   Consider that hometown visits are coming up.   Blake NEEDED to give Becca the backstory on what could be some awkward moments when she meets his family.   It makes sense that he'd have a lot of anger that might show itself when he sees his mom.  He didn't want Becca to wonder why he was weird about his mom and her significant other (don't even know if they're still together).    Imagine her meeting his family and thinking there must be something wrong with Blake because he might be standoffish or passive-aggressive with his mom.  Who would want to walk into such an awkward family situation without knowing the background?

Agreed he should have told her, but privately would have been better.  I get he's angry, but does she have to wear the scarlet letter forever?

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Agreed he should have told her, but privately would have been better.  I get he's angry, but does she have to wear the scarlet letter forever?

wait - Blake should have told Becca something privately?    every moment they're together is accompanied by a camera crew.  there is no "privately" until the fantasy suite. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, backformore said:

wait - Blake should have told Becca something privately?    every moment they're together is accompanied by a camera crew.  there is no "privately" until the fantasy suite. 

Sure, I imagine there's a time the camera crew isn't there.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, backformore said:

And there's no fantasy suite unless you've "opened up" about the past trauma in your life, and as I said upthread, merely having divorced parents doesn't cut it.  But I must say, your mom having an affair with one of your high school teachers in a small town is really bringing it.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Sure, I imagine there's a time the camera crew isn't there.

Really?  

After we saw  Arie breaking  off the engagement with Becca ON CAMERA, you think anyone on this show has the option of ever having a private conversation? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, backformore said:

And seriously, Blake's mom is the villain here.   If you fall in love with your kid's high school teacher/coach/scout leader/whatever, you shut it down and wait until your kid graduates high school before entering into a relationship.  It's a situation where you put your kid's needs above your own. 

About 40 to 50 percent of marriages end up in divorce.  Of course it hurts the kids, it always does.  But people tell themselves that no one will find out about the affair, that the kids will be okay because you will sit down with them and tell them that it's not their fault,  and so on.  I can't sit in judgment of half the people in the country because they got divorced and I'm sure not going to decide which one is the villain because Blake's father could have been all kinds of abusive behind closed doors.

We've seen home town visits where the parents are divorced every year and no one felt the need to air the whole story to the world or decide which parent was most to blame. 

If Becca went to Blake's home without getting the back story and wondered if something was wrong with Blake because he was standoffish and passive aggressive, I would say, "Yes! There is something wrong with a grown man who has yet to figure out that his parents are human and forgive them for mistakes they made ten years ago."

• Love 14

'@JudyObscure I think you misread me.   I'm not judging Blake's mom for getting divorced.  I'm judging her for taking up with her son's high school teacher/coach while he was still in high school.  And judging the coach for sleeping with a kid's mom.  It's not about him not figuring out that his parents are human.   It's about being a teenager and finding out that two adults in your life are lying to you, and then finding out about the affair from other students.   It's tough to get over that humiliation, and the feeling of betrayal.  yes, marriages break up, parents have affairs.  But there's something about a parent having an affair with someone in your school life that would be especially tough to get over.  Going to school every day, having to face your mother's illicit lover, having everyone know?    That's not something you get over very easily.  Blake wasn't saying "my parents got divorced."  He was saying "my teen years were messed up by my mom's behavior."   

Some people are shitty parents.  I don't know if Blake's mom is a good parent or a good person, or not.   But if his mom's affair has affected his relationship with his mom, that can't be all on him. 

• Love 8
On 7/10/2018 at 7:53 AM, angelamh66 said:

Am I the only one who just does not believe Colton? His reason defied logic. He said he was so focused on football - yeah, because football is known for getting in the way of getting some. Haha. Laughable.  The he says he is "waiting for the right heart" but also said he was in love with his last girlfriend.  Maybe the editing is to blame, but there is not a cohesive story here at all. I cannot figure out why he would lie about it, but I think he is lying. 

I don't like Colton very much, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in this case.  The girlfriend he's referring to is most likely Aly Raisman, who is a survivor of sexual abuse, so it's likely that not having sex was her choice. If that's the case, then I applaud him for not spilling another person's private business on national television (Garrett and Blake should take note).

• Love 13
(edited)
On 7/10/2018 at 10:57 PM, LakeGal said:

Becca is saying on twitter that she excused herself to use the bathroom.  The editing monkeys made it look like she ran off after Colton said he was a virgin. Colton is agreeing with Becca about the cute edit.

Oh, gross. I don't want the twits on this show to be blabbing about things and explaining stuff on twitter. Shut up, already!

On 7/10/2018 at 11:18 PM, TheFinalRose said:

But, um, she filmed all those scenes staring out over the balcony looking "pensive." And her demeanor towards him was extra taken aback, and she did choose to leave right in the middle of his confession. So not buying it. 

On 7/10/2018 at 11:39 PM, nutty1 said:

After watching every season of this screwed up show and listening to numerous past contestants and Reality Steve over the years....I definitely believe it was edited. 

Both of the above could be true.

I don't care why she got up to leave or when she stood looking pensive or how it was stitched together - she did not look thrilled or comfortable with Colton's 'confession'.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:53 AM, angelamh66 said:

I have found him suspicious from the start; there is something sly and disingenuous about him; he's hiding something, and his explanation (so busy playing football - where no-one ever has sex?) was lacking. I find him deeply unrootworthy, anyway, but Becca clearly finds him the most physically attractive and he looks more or less like her ex, so I suspect in her mind/ladyparts, he is the one. Blech.

Mind you, he has such a nice dog. It is possible I am entirely misreading him based on my own biases, but he seems greasy and untruthful and just sly. Still, a shining saint next to Garrett, I guess.

I almost had apoplexy when I thought she was going to cut Jason and keep Wills. Jason and Blake are my final two, but Becca has really awful taste, is blind to red flags, and therefore most likely it will be Lamb Chop and Sharky.

Edited by violet and green
quote fail
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't think there are any private moments until the fantasy suite.

I think the subject of Colton's virginity should have come up privately - in the fantasy suite.  But then he already told the guys, so he isn't all that embarrassed about it.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

I think the subject of Colton's virginity should have come up privately - in the fantasy suite.  But then he already told the guys, so he isn't all that embarrassed about it.

I just thought it was funny how he was making it sound like his secret shame that no one knows about, not even his dad, that he is too embarrassed to tell his jock friends, but has no problem announcing it on national television to a group of guys he just met and a woman who is practically a stranger to him. I think he's just working another angle from his "how to win the Bachelorette" guidebook.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, backformore said:

Kaitlyn had an entire night having sex with Nick LONG before the fantasy suites happened.  Multiple leads have commented over the years that they get private time with their "dates" when they ask for it. 

He could have told her the honest basics without making his mother sound like the Whore of Babylon.  

• Love 10
On 7/9/2018 at 10:25 PM, JenE4 said:

Isn’t it one of the perks of being a football player that you get the hot cheerleaders and the “WAGS”? Not sure why that would be his REASON for being a virgin, but maybe he’s also very religious and they’re not showing that part on TV. Oh, his dad is one of the only ones who knows he’s a virgin, so he probably has a virginity ring like a Jonas Brother. Where the hell did Becca go?!? Oh, she’s pulling a Mesnick over the balcony—crying over Colton’s virility that the conch couldn’t activate. As long as you don’t make Becca wait until MARRIAGE, she’s good.

Dear hubby and I were discussing this during the show.  He figures the guy knew what he was doing.  By keeping it in his pants, no one can accuse him of any children down the line.  I had the same reaction you did though.

On 7/10/2018 at 5:17 PM, backformore said:

I don't feel sorry for her at all.   If you're in high school, and you find out from your peers that your mom is banging the basketball coach, that is hurtful and humiliating.   I'm sure he is pissed as hell at his mom, so if he wants to talk about it, she'll have to deal with it.  HIs teenage embarrassment turned into adult anger, so it's her turn to be embarrassed. 

My sister played the role of his mom in the break up of her second marriage.  The guy in the pair was well-known at school through marching band, which both girls were in.  My nieces had to hear about it every single day at the high school and this was a school population of thousands.  I remember all too well what my nieces dealt with, so his story rings true.

And yes, my sister ended up divorced and married the guy she was cheating with.

• Love 2

I think Becca just wanted to bang Colton Cuz, he's pretty. She was all over him on their date and looked like someone doused her with cold water when, he told her he's a virgin. I don't see the big deal (unless you just want to sleep with the guy then toss him aside) that he's never had sex. I'd rather date a virgin than a guy who was only married for two months and got divorced and now bad mouths his ex. He's either way too impulsive or makez really stupid decisions. And he's cruel to put down his ex wife who isn't there to defend herself. He chose to marry this woman. He claims she was hit headed from the beginning so it's not as tho her personality changed. If the sex was great or whatever reason, he was so into her he coukd have kept dating her but no he chose to marry her! And they only lasted two months. Beware Becca you thought arie was bad for not valuing or taking  an engagement seriously. Garrett is worse becausw he appears to not value or take marriage seriously. And while arie was a total ass to Becca I don't remember him blaming Becca for his change of heart. He didn't say she did Anything wrong he just wanted someone else thru no fault of Beccas

I do think there is something off about coltons lack of sexual history. I was a virgin til 22 and had been dating my boyfriend since I was 18. He was as well and although we did many other sexual things from three months of dating on.. He had some sexual dysfunction problems that I did not recognize because I was so inexperienced long story short he was addicted to porn watched it often and couldnt perform with an actual partner. For four years. Colton could just be uncomfortable around women and think of he waits for the right one he will feel differently. 

If Becca doesn't pick blake I need to know what happened. She seemed totally smitten. I'm not spoiled but they usually don't make the winner that obvious. I find it hard to believe that five men are in love or falling for Becca. She seems to believe her own hype but the reality is these guys r competing for the prize and most don't care what the prize is they just want to beat the other guys lol

• Love 7

At one point, I really liked Wills, but then he just fell asleep and never really woke up again.  There's just nothing going on there.

I knew Leo and Wills had no chance of staying..... Becca likes them clean cut and white.  And bland.

I've finally figured out who Garrett reminds me of.... Gru from Despicable Me.

Becca would make a great cure for insomnia.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, leighdear said:

Kaitlyn had an entire night having sex with Nick LONG before the fantasy suites happened.  Multiple leads have commented over the years that they get private time with their "dates" when they ask for it. 

He could have told her the honest basics without making his mother sound like the Whore of Babylon.  

Plus if you'll remember Ben H and Shawn roomed together and Ben talked about how she came to their room when cameras weren't around. So unless the show got more vigilant after Kaitlyn's season then yeah I believe the contestants can see each other when cameras aren't around, if they want to bad enough. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I think he did tell the honest basics.  Sketched out what happened, and how it affected him. 

Plus, contestants always spill their family dirt on this show ... remember Arie's Lauren said that her parent's marriage was really not great and they put her in the middle a lot? That would be hard to hear and her parents are still married. What about Chris' story about his dad not reading the letter? What about DEAN? His story was worse .... mom dies and Dad blows off grieving children. 

Blake's story is scandalous, but IMO not deserving of some off-camera confession to protect the innocent. Blake is the innocent one in the situation. 

• Love 4

Two trivial things:

Becca's face.  When she's listening to a man talk, her face loses every single speck of animation, whether he's telling her his dog died or he loves sailing, it's the same face and it always makes me think she's in shock and about to go off in a burst of angry flames.  But then she just says something like,  "Oh, fine that's cool. "  When most people are listening to another's story they usually, nod, cock their head sideways to ask for more clarity, smile or make a sad sympathy-mouth as the moment calls for.  Becca does none of this and it bothers me.

Blake's sleeves.  He rolls up the edge of his short sleeves as if his muscles are just too huge to take the strain and it bothers me. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Token said:

At one point, I really liked Wills, but then he just fell asleep and never really woke up again.  There's just nothing going on there.

I agree, and it didn't help that maybe it's just my bad TV, or the lighting, but his mustache looked like it was only an inch wide, and I don't care for that look.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, kira28 said:

I think Becca just wanted to bang Colton Cuz, he's pretty. She was all over him on their date and looked like someone doused her with cold water when, he told her he's a virgin. I don't see the big deal (unless you just want to sleep with the guy then toss him aside) that he's never had sex. I'd rather date a virgin than a guy who was only married for two months and got divorced and now bad mouths his ex. He's either way too impulsive or makez really stupid decisions. And he's cruel to put down his ex wife who isn't there to defend herself. He chose to marry this woman. He claims she was hit headed from the beginning so it's not as tho her personality changed. If the sex was great or whatever reason, he was so into her he coukd have kept dating her but no he chose to marry her! And they only lasted two months. Beware Becca you thought arie was bad for not valuing or taking  an engagement seriously. Garrett is worse becausw he appears to not value or take marriage seriously. And while arie was a total ass to Becca I don't remember him blaming Becca for his change of heart. He didn't say she did Anything wrong he just wanted someone else thru no fault of Beccas

Yes and yes!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Becca's face.  When she's listening to a man talk, her face loses every single speck of animation, whether he's telling her his dog died or he loves sailing, it's the same face and it always makes me think she's in shock and about to go off in a burst of angry flames. 

That's very true. I was reading a recap, might have been Vulture, can't remember, but they talked about Becca's inner rage or something, like she seems like at any moment she's going to snap and kill them all. This reminded me of that.

I wonder if it is because she knows 100% who she wants and the rest are just cannon fodder and it's hard for her to feign interest or she is disillusioned by the process and while they are talking she is reviewing where she went so horribly wrong in her life that she ended up here, choosing between Ken Doll, the Two Month Groom, a T-Bird from Grease and that other one.

• Love 9