Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: The Middle Ages

I thought Joan crowned the Dauphin herself? Maybe it wasn't until after all the wars. I though she crowned him when she first met him. Good job on the crew for making sure Joan was left handed. 

I know Mansa Musa from Civilization IV because he's one of the characters in the game iirc. 

I just binge-watched about 6 backed up episodes this morning, and I thought this was the best episode for quite a while; I actually laughed out loud several times. And Donald Faison is never not welcome on my television screen :-)

On 7/15/2018 at 1:30 AM, ganesh said:

I thought Joan crowned the Dauphin herself? Maybe it wasn't until after all the wars. I though she crowned him when she first met him.

French coronations throughout history have, with very few exceptions, been performed by the Archbishop of Reims, in the cathedral of that city. Joan made no claim to usurp that authority, though she was present at the coronation. She declared the Dauphin the rightful king of France when they met in February 1429, but that was no more than what his other supporters claimed; a French king's reign was deemed to begin with the burial of the previous king, but in this case the problem was that there was more than one claimant. Besides the Dauphin, there was another French claimant (his cousin Charles of Orléans, who said the Dauphin was illegitimate), plus Henry VI of England who was claiming the title by virtue of his father's treaty. By July 1429, Joan's leadership had ended the siege at Orléans, and reclaimed Reims so that the coronation could take place there, certifying his status as king though not ending the battles.