Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mikita said:

I think that they were right that the Greyskins could smell that he was infected. My theory since day one is that a bite and colipsum is what actually causes a infected person to turn. So anyone that does colipsum and then is injected with venom from a plagueling turns. Garret's soldier friend was show doing colipsum before being bitten and turned. I don't think that Garret does colipsum. He's safe. That's why the Greyskins have been all but giving the colipsum away to their human contact. I'm sure if there is a second season the reason they are doing it will be delved into. 

Damn good reasoning!  Excellent deduction.  It might even reveal a truce between the Greyskins and the Plaguelings, both sides   working in tandem to wipe out humanity. 

6 hours ago, Mikita said:

My theory since day one is that a bite and colipsum is what actually causes a infected person to turn.

Ooh, that's got to be right. I really didn't think about it too much but I knew there was some connection.

• Love 1
On 26-9-2018 at 9:06 AM, AnimeMania said:

Looks like they are cleaning house, anybody over 40 has to go!

Looks like the old people are not dead after all. And we find out that the little girl is the Dragman. This was not the best series ever, but I would watch a season 2 if it is renewed.

• Love 2

As someone who was eagerly awaiting Janzo/Talon romantic progression all season, this...wasn't what I was hoping for. Janzo's character has bothered me a bit because the writers are so obnoxiously hellbent on every scene with him screaming BETA MALE! to the point where he's embarrassingly cartoonish. Their dynamic has always been a little patronizing on Talon's end, so I was skeptical to see how they would turn it into a genuine connection without humiliating Janzo. Really, Talon runs directly in from finding Gwynn and Garrett in bed to leading Janzo on with "you're twice the man he is, blah blah." If they're going to go the love triangle route, I need to believe that Talon has actual feelings for Janzo and he's not going to be some pathetic delusional nitwit Talon uses to lick her wounds when Garrett pisses her off. And then comparing him to her brother immediately after they kissed? Ouch!  

15 hours ago, Pepperclove said:

This show is such a simultaneously weird and cliched mess, but I'm kind of sad that we'll probably never know if the writers had any sort of plan for either the plot or the love quadrangle.

Oh no! Was it cancelled? I've been looking forward to bingeing on Netflix.

Hey I was right! Pretty gross that colipsum users have been doing fly eggs. Good on Janzo for figuring it out and standing up to the mistress and burning the rest of her supply. 

So disappointed that Talon didn't get her revenge. He got away and that traitor is still working for Gwynn.

I was very disappointed and confused about what is going on with the quadrangle. Especially where Garrett stands. He appears to love Gwynn. So what the hell has he been doing flirting with Talon? He appears to care for her too, but wants Gwynn more? Janzo was brother zoned. I never bought that Talon had romantic feelings for him anyway. His character is way too cartoonish sometimes. His posture drove me crazy! He reminded me of Jerry Lewis as either Junior or the Nutty Professor in his looks and demeanor. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that they bring this back next summer. I have to know more about the dragman!

Edited because how could I forget that he was probably flirting with her so that she would use her army of demons to help Gwynn. Doesn't explain him flirting from day one though.

Edited by Mikita
  • Love 3
On 10/4/2018 at 8:12 PM, Mikita said:

I was very disappointed and confused about what is going on with the quadrangle. Especially where Garrett stands. He appears to love Gwynn. So what the hell has he been doing flirting with Talon? He appears to care for her too, but wants Gwynn more? Janzo was brother zoned. I never bought that Talon had romantic feelings for him anyway. His character is way too cartoonish sometimes. His posture drove me crazy! He reminded me of Jerry Lewis as either Junior or the Nutty Professor in his looks and demeanor.

Yes, I could see Jerry Lewis' Opposite Buddy Love character in Janzo. His mewling and groveling are disturbing, but he seems to only show a backbone around The Mistress and not Talon.  I'm really not interested in a Talon/Janzo - Talon/Garrett pairing, which is surprising for me, because "shipping" is part of my "thang".  Janzo - too cartoonish, Garrett - confused about his feelings, and just blah! Actually, their love triangle or whatever you want to call it when you throw in Gwynn is just boring and doesn't interest me.

Excellent special effects and choreography on the climatic fight scene between Talon and Dred, the Ambassador.  I wonder how much was done by stunt doubles as it appeared to actually be the actors themselves. 

Not a bad episode and season for a supposedly summer throw-away show.  I had fun watching it.

Shocking that the Ambassador's young protegé, Ilyin, is the Dragman, that's an interesting turn of events.  She appears to be on Talon's side and seems to have made up her mind when Talon refused to summon her Demon to be slaughtered.  Perhaps she approved of Talon's choice and deemed her an ally? The actor playing Ilyin, is female, but is the role of Dragman male?  Ilyin looked different when she finally introduced herself, her/his hair was all emo-styled.

• Love 1

Now that we have a full forum I have moved some posts to the media thread. You can continue to discuss season 1 here. For season 2 I will create episode topics.

• Love 1
On 10/4/2018 at 11:12 PM, Mikita said:

His character is way too cartoonish sometimes. His posture drove me crazy! He reminded me of Jerry Lewis as either Junior or the Nutty Professor in his looks and demeanor. 

This!