Type keyword(s) to search

The Conners: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Is there any information on when or if Johnny Galecki will be back on the show? 

Johnny is pretty busy he is working on creating some shows ‘AOK’ for CBS and some doctor show for ABC plus he is a dad

Edited by Rocknrollzombie
  • Useful 2

The description for next week's episode, which will air on Wednesday, April 13th says:

Dan enlists the help of a few good friends for the funeral home remodel.  Louise points out that Dan's generosity with his time seems to benefit everyone but her.

WTF?  Just so I know I'm not losing it, didn't Louise "volunteer" Dan to build a whole new house?  Now they're calling it a "remodel" and she's bitching that she's not benefiting from it.  Did I just wake up in the Twilight Zone?  I give up trying to figure this show out.  It makes absolutely ZERO sense!

• Love 5
(edited)

Maybe the "remodel" description means they've at least come to their senses that tearing down a perfectly good home out of superstition is stupid, and they should remodel instead, but, yeah, like I said in the Media thread in response to the part about Louise complaining Dan's "generosity with his time" takes away from her:  Psst, Louise -- you're the one who volunteered his time to build a damn house. 

We'll see how this plays out, but, as written, damn, they didn't wait long after the wedding to make her a problematic character.  First she uses Mark's bedroom as storage space and suggests an old man in perpetual financial distress build his adult kids a house, and now she's going to whine about him being away from home?  Dan didn't do that when she went on this recent extended tour, so it's pretty damn rich for her to do it now, especially when this whole thing was her idea!

I hope this plays better than it reads; I don't particularly care about Louise one way or the other, and don't miss her when she's gone, but I generally like her when she's there and don't want that to change.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4

Hear, hear @Yeah No and @Bastet!  This is among the many reasons I haven't posted lately because it's too hard for me to find the words because often there just are no words.  I watch out of morbid, and I do mean morbid, curiosity, eventually, but the ridiculousness of it all is beyond my bullshit tolerance meter.

I love Laurie Metcalf and Katey Sagal but what the writers, directors and producers have done to their characters is rotten.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Hear, hear @Yeah No and @Bastet!  This is among the many reasons I haven't posted lately because it's too hard for me to find the words because often there just are no words.  I watch out of morbid, and I do mean morbid, curiosity, eventually, but the ridiculousness of it all is beyond my bullshit tolerance meter.

I love Laurie Metcalf and Katey Sagal but what the writers, directors and producers have done to their characters is rotten.

Abbott elementary and home economics are pretty good shows some good shows ABC has other than morbid depression that is the conners. I started watching old shows like I barely started Gilmore girls so far on season 1 episode 8. For me I think I officially killed my curiosity to watch the conners by looking for a different show like Gilmore girls or ghost whisper, criminal minds some old cartoons I use to watch  and  binging those shows on Wednesdays  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Rocknrollzombie said:

Abbott elementary and home economics are pretty good shows some good shows ABC has other than morbid depression that is the conners. I started watching old shows like I barely started Gilmore girls so far on season 1 episode 8. For me I think I officially killed my curiosity to watch the conners by looking for a different show like Gilmore girls or ghost whisper, criminal minds some old cartoons I use to watch  and  binging those shows on Wednesdays  

Same here. I stick to Law and Order reruns and my beloved British mysteries. I've also started watching GG again. Life is too short for the Despair O Rama that is The Conners.

• Love 2

The press release for the season finale says that they are supposed to have a triple wedding for Ben/Darlene, Jackie/Neville and Harris/Aldo in the Conner living room.  It hints that not all of the couples will go through with it (which is sensible), but I'm sure that Ben and Darlene probably will because the writers think that they're so great.  I do not understand why they didn't just let it go a long time ago.

• Love 1